Creating Newgen Faces Using Midjourney

phnompenhandy

52 minutes ago, ceefax the cat said:

An ethnicity project pack for coaches and other staff would be tremendous, if anyone feels moved to do that!

Wish there was a way to generate config files for them so they just automatically fill a whole league / squad according to nationality. I wonder if there's anyone techie enough among us.... Is it even possible?

There are a few coaches packs in existence, these are mine, although, I'm needing to run off some V5 ones. - https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z2e2rduktaubo6e,aq72not7otw0u17,6n5bv2v3bm2nsv7,ed6zc6ozlk82168,e3m37ro37sca4xp,fcqdfyy2y38j9t8,nukl6cw5i16cu08,nu40eihxfmcpst0,71mlw5n8ld2we3c,mv957vp5sc00f8l,q8wdcts629e7x5n,3r9xkunn2eryhez,yro97fx7fp3p2rn/shared

I've got a load to put on the list, and I can ask the others to run some off as well

Edited by robterrace

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've managed to generate a couple of hundred of Caucasian and African faces so far using Stable Diffusion, what I did was dump them all in the assigned folders for the Zealand facepack (eg: African / Central European / Asian / Caucasian), when I've run the newGan software on regen intake in March, sure enough, it has mapped newgen players to also pickup the faces I've added to those folders, along with the 10k (?) that were already installed with o.g. the Zealand facepack.

20230321211812_1.jpg.1a573a54319e5bbf27f6a63dcd51cc65.jpg20230321211825_1.jpg.278c43a8e0532bd2bbd8738c29aef5be.jpg20230321211831_1.jpg.f536dc5e9c54bc817468d557f6c55aef.jpg20230321211847_1.jpg.7b099415cc06bfdc41a22168f6add7da.jpg20230321211852_1.jpg.4f2c2e802a73290ac204ebc82d4488f4.jpg20230321211859_1.jpg.47eaf964a8aefed800bac8380cba9ce5.jpg20230321212300_1.jpg.5e6dfb09e646c5ca38d86581a1f54c3f.jpg20230321212423_1.jpg.b4c60cae149a16789894b81ef2e58ff4.jpg

@ceefax the cat

I'm not manually editing the config.xml, I'm combining my new outputs with the Zealand facepack, it comes with a little app called NewGan.

Every season, around March time I quickly add a new manager, run a search query for all Regens. Save that search to rtf file that can opened in NewGan. Then in the NewGan app, it goes through and quickly updates the config.xml, not just for my youths, but all teams in the game. It also assigns the faces based on their race.

20 hours ago, Kendo BKK said:

@ceefax the cat

I'm not manually editing the config.xml, I'm combining my new outputs with the Zealand facepack, it comes with a little app called NewGan.

Every season, around March time I quickly add a new manager, run a search query for all Regens. Save that search to rtf file that can opened in NewGan. Then in the NewGan app, it goes through and quickly updates the config.xml, not just for my youths, but all teams in the game. It also assigns the faces based on their race.

The packs that are getting released in terms of the Midjourney AI ones, are sticking to the Newgan philosophy as well, although, we're probably going to throw a few extras in.

On 22/03/2023 at 02:32, Kendo BKK said:

@ceefax the cat

10 hours ago, robterrace said:

The packs that are getting released in terms of the Midjourney AI ones, are sticking to the Newgan philosophy as well, although, we're probably going to throw a few extras in.

Maybe a tiny bit off topic, but can you just "throw" the AI-pictures in the respective folders i have with Newgan faces? Or do i have to rename the files with numbers like the Newgan ones?

On 21/03/2023 at 19:32, Kendo BKK said:

@ceefax the cat

that just sounds like voodoo from the future to me.... how the hell do you do it? Talk to me like I'm 5 etc

1 hour ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

Maybe a tiny bit off topic, but can you just "throw" the AI-pictures in the respective folders i have with Newgan faces? Or do i have to rename the files with numbers like the Newgan ones?

I have a feeling they might work without renaming, I haven't tried that yet in my tests. I used a bulk rename app in Win10 to rename them all in sequence, starting at the last number +1, that was in the folder already. ie: Africa1486

There is a google drive resource I've found where people have been uploading their stuff from Midjourney regens.

34 minutes ago, ceefax the cat said:

that just sounds like voodoo from the future to me.... how the hell do you do it? Talk to me like I'm 5 etc

https://youtu.be/4w2mmwfiAoM

Edited by Kendo BKK

12 hours ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

As far as I'm aware, you can put them in the folder and they'll get picked up, although, don't quote me on that..

P057code_85mm_DSLR_colour_photography_of_a_very_detailed_portra_8671b6dd-e110-4c9d-a4f0-3e2c098eff98.png

P057code_85mm_DSLR_colour_photography_of_a_very_detailed_portra_c7fb7e42-31a2-44f3-beae-adc5ce9c2490.png

On 22/03/2023 at 02:32, Kendo BKK said:

@ceefax the cat

Is the application still working for you? In my latest updating after Youth Intake not only did it not assign new faces to them but every newgen is now back to having the default newgen pics via SI :( Did follow all the steps as usual and even tried to generate and replace instead of preserve but same results. The process in newgen runs through a lot fast than usual, making me think that for some reason it's not actually mapping faces to the IDs ...

On 25/03/2023 at 10:32, Marinho said:

Is the application still working for you? In my latest updating after Youth Intake not only did it not assign new faces to them but every newgen is now back to having the default newgen pics via SI :( Did follow all the steps as usual and even tried to generate and replace instead of preserve but same results. The process in newgen runs through a lot fast than usual, making me think that for some reason it's not actually mapping faces to the IDs ...

It may have wiped the text file. Sometimes creating a new 'newgan' profile helps.

I used the Newgan app with the files posted here FMUGens – Newgen Facepack FM23 *MEGAPACK DOWNLOAD! UPDATE PACK 3 RELEASED 21/03/2023* - View From The Touchline

Think I changed a couple of names in the folders, basically adding 'n' to Scandinavian and South American so it matched the Zealand folders from that newgen pack. I dont use Zealands faces, just the generated ones from the link above.

It all works fine.

On 23/03/2023 at 22:09, robterrace said:

As far as I'm aware, you can put them in the folder and they'll get picked up, although, don't quote me on that..

I will quote you on that, because that worked 100%.:thup: No need to rename.

(the only thing you have to rename is Scandinavia and South America catalogues that it match newgan).

Yeah I dumped these NewGen AI ones into my Zealand photo folders for NewGan, and they just combine perfectly with no extra work required. Love all the photos combined with each other, offers an immense future experience in game. Will just keep adding as and when packs are released :D 

image.png.ce99691090419d3acdc7cdd04f99dda1.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/04/2023 at 08:11, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

I will quote you on that, because that worked 100%.:thup: No need to rename.

(the only thing you have to rename is Scandinavia and South America catalogues that it match newgan).

Excellent.

Got about 4000 or so coming out in the next week that I've been working on. Not sure how many other guys have been working on, but, I've slowed down a bit due to a few family things.

16 hours ago, robterrace said:

Excellent.

Got about 4000 or so coming out in the next week that I've been working on. Not sure how many other guys have been working on, but, I've slowed down a bit due to a few family things.

"only" 4000 :lol:, You are a machine, great work!

22 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Looks great!

So will this be something that can be automaticly applied to the youth intake? Or does this always have to be a manual addtion?

The 'newgen' IDs are pretty predictable, however, what we are unable to predict is nationality, race and ethnicity of each ID, so, its easier to do it manually.

So that only is a fairly easy case of renaming a picture with an ID and then reloading the skin, if I'm correct.

As everything in FM is just a bunch of data, wouldn't it be possible to read the players etnicity information, or the colour of the newgen picture?

Edited by Jorgen

1 hour ago, Jorgen said:

So that only is a fairly easy case of renaming a picture with an ID and then reloading the skin, if I'm correct.

As everything in FM is just a bunch of data, wouldn't it be possible to read the players etnicity information, or the colour of the newgen picture?

i'm not sure you can pre "read" any data regarding newgens, atleast i remember not long ago when you could load up your save and some of your players could suddenly have changed either picture, nationality or other small things (not attributes)

But my guess is that with time you could have gathered a bunch of newgens Id's and could just drop them into a new save and if that id came up it would already have a preset face.  That said, i am not aware IF informations change on a ID from save to save.

Edited by snowofman

6 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Would be nice if you could just load your save, i.e. like in Genie Scout, search for newgens, and drag and drop corresponding pictures, or click on automatic find pictures suggestions.

You are aware of Newgan face app? It helps you a alot. You can add Robs++ pictures to the already existing pool, and running it once a year keeps your newgen faces updated.

Edited by H_a_a_k_o_n

I'd love to have the ability to 'drag and drop' an image into something like Genie, and it automatically do the folder creation and xml work, but, thats beyond the capabilities of my programming.

As you've said, the best option is Newgan, I'm trying to improve the pool of faces it asks for to give slightly more variety, and hopefully, this will work

P057code_85mm_DSLR_colour_Photography_of_a_very_detailed_headsh_29f655db-2011-42c3-b00f-f32a86639350.png

P057code_85mm_DSLR_colour_Photography_of_a_very_detailed_headsh_90029d40-e71c-44f1-944b-9ffb184105d0.png

11 hours ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

You are aware of Newgan face app? It helps you a alot. You can add Robs++ pictures to the already existing pool, and running it once a year keeps your newgen faces updated.

Didn't know about that. Thanks!

10 hours ago, robterrace said:

I'd love to have the ability to 'drag and drop' an image into something like Genie, and it automatically do the folder creation and xml work, but, thats beyond the capabilities of my programming.

As you've said, the best option is Newgan, I'm trying to improve the pool of faces it asks for to give slightly more variety, and hopefully, this will work

P057code_85mm_DSLR_colour_Photography_of_a_very_detailed_headsh_29f655db-2011-42c3-b00f-f32a86639350.png

P057code_85mm_DSLR_colour_Photography_of_a_very_detailed_headsh_90029d40-e71c-44f1-944b-9ffb184105d0.png

That would be fabulous if something like that work. The pictures you create are marvellous too!

On 21/04/2023 at 19:52, Jorgen said:

That would be fabulous if something like that work. The pictures you create are marvellous too!

Thanks.

I've got ideas on how to do it, but, I need to see exactly what capabilities a Football Manager Editor can have that fit it firt.

6 hours ago, robterrace said:

Thanks.

I've got ideas on how to do it, but, I need to see exactly what capabilities a Football Manager Editor can have that fit it firt.

Hope you manage to do that!

As it is all data, and I've even seen/heard people using excel to edit the game, there must be lots of things that can be scraped and used.

Some time ago I submitted an idea to get more historical facts from the savegame. Like the career top goalscorers for all teams that I managed, the club that I bought most players from, or the manager that won the most matches vs my teams, etc Somewhere deep down FM is counting all those things, but we only see the current record holders, or sometimes the one in your current team that is the best right now, but not the players that are at the 2nd/3rd place and beyond. My idea is under review, but I don't know how long such a thing takes, or if they consider making it available. But somewhere inside our savegames all this information is already there. As all players have ID's and those ID's can be shown ingame and in third party tools, I think it is possible.

Edited by Jorgen

17 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Some time ago I submitted an idea to get more historical facts from the savegame. Like the career top goalscorers for all teams that I managed, the club that I bought most players from, or the

oh, i like that idea very much! 

• 4 weeks later...

With the New Gan app, is anyone having an issue where new Kosovo players never get assigned a face?

I've tried a few different things, like exporting an rtf just for the Kosovan players, but they still won't get allocated a face.

Edit: the logfile seems to suggest the App has a blindspot for Kosovans. 

2023-05-18 19:08:47,729 | NewGAN App: Mapping for KOS is missing. Skipping player 2002126803

Edited by Kendo BKK

On 18/05/2023 at 19:12, Kendo BKK said:

With the New Gan app, is anyone having an issue where new Kosovo players never get assigned a face?

I've tried a few different things, like exporting an rtf just for the Kosovan players, but they still won't get allocated a face.

Edit: the logfile seems to suggest the App has a blindspot for Kosovans. 

2023-05-18 19:08:47,729 | NewGAN App: Mapping for KOS is missing. Skipping player 2002126803

I managed to fix the problem by editing the Config.JSON file for NewGAN in Notepad, so there was a mapping for "KOS" to "YugoGreek" folder for the pictures.

The one thing still annoying me is, even though I select "Preserve", - any manual changes I make to the config.xml still get overwritten when I run the App again on New Intake Day.

My current setup is a mixture of the o.g. Zealand facepack, the other DF11 facepack (which I think used Volleyball players?), @robterrace packs, plus the ones I've been making.

It's a real time consuming job generating the pics, getting rid of the mutated or dupe faces, cropping, resizing, then removing backgrounds on mass. I saw debski has thrown his hat into the ring but wants to raise money as it really needs a crap ton of time and resources to generate a facepack with 10000s of pngs of differing ethnicities (remove bg is also weirdly costly). 

IMHO, at the time, the Zealand facepack was groundbreaking in terms of replacing the default SI pictures. They now look too similar and generic and having them all in the same shirt makes it look 100x worse! The original cutout style was better.

However, AI photo generation has moved on leaps and bounds since then. I don't hold out any hope of SI getting on board with somehow harnessing the tech into their game anytime soon.

13 hours ago, Kendo BKK said:

My current setup is a mixture of the o.g. Zealand facepack, the other DF11 facepack (which I think used Volleyball players?), @robterrace packs, plus the ones I've been making.

It's a real time consuming job generating the pics, getting rid of the mutated or dupe faces, cropping, resizing, then removing backgrounds on mass. I saw debski has thrown his hat into the ring but wants to raise money as it really needs a crap ton of time and resources to generate a facepack with 10000s of pngs of differing ethnicities (remove bg is also weirdly costly). 

IMHO, at the time, the Zealand facepack was groundbreaking in terms of replacing the default SI pictures. They now look too similar and generic and having them all in the same shirt makes it look 100x worse! The original cutout style was better.

However, AI photo generation has moved on leaps and bounds since then. I don't hold out any hope of SI getting on board with somehow harnessing the tech into their game anytime soon.

The ViewFromTheTouchline (https://www.viewfromthetouchline.com/2022/12/15/fmugens-newgen-facepack-fm23/) facepacks have about 20000 images in. 
I'm trying to generate faces with different shirts on, so at least theres a little bit of individuality to them.

I don't use remove.bg, the latest Photoshop version (thank you work) has the option to do it, and its just as good, if not better, so that saves a bit of time.

I can normally turn out a couple of thousand faces a day if I'm not working.

On 27/05/2023 at 02:50, robterrace said:

The ViewFromTheTouchline (https://www.viewfromthetouchline.com/2022/12/15/fmugens-newgen-facepack-fm23/) facepacks have about 20000 images in. 
I'm trying to generate faces with different shirts on, so at least theres a little bit of individuality to them.

I don't use remove.bg, the latest Photoshop version (thank you work) has the option to do it, and its just as good, if not better, so that saves a bit of time.

I can normally turn out a couple of thousand faces a day if I'm not working.

Thanks, I just grabbed pack 6 today, have they (FMU) thought about setting up a torrent link to the packs too? Took me 6 hours to grab it from Mediafire, and I'm speaking as someone that's a paid customer. I have a seedbox which would be up 24/7 in terms of seeding the pack.

A weird NEWGan thing I've noticed looking through the config.xml file, some faces in the folders have been re-used over 20 times while others still haven't been used once. 

15 hours ago, Kendo BKK said:

Thanks, I just grabbed pack 6 today, have they (FMU) thought about setting up a torrent link to the packs too? Took me 6 hours to grab it from Mediafire, and I'm speaking as someone that's a paid customer. I have a seedbox which would be up 24/7 in terms of seeding the pack.

A weird NEWGan thing I've noticed looking through the config.xml file, some faces in the folders have been re-used over 20 times while others still haven't been used once. 

I'll get a Torrent link sorted at some point.