Creating Newgen Faces Using Midjourney

phnompenhandy

2 hours ago, keysi said:

Just my opinion but I would say the last one is more like 37-38 years old rather than 33 years old but the idea is perfect. 

Thats been one of the issues I've had, is that if I ask it to do a 33-35 year old, they seem to be a lot older.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BuzzR said:

How do you generate them ?

Do you prompt with the first image and age them - if so , what prompt do you use ?

or you keep the prompt and seed and generate all 4 from the start with different age ?

Going a bit further.

Just done this one as a bit of work.

image.png.926a94a3b5b47bb64af4692c7cc23b16.png

The key points you need in terms of prompts (I use a lot of processing and post processing ones)

ultra realistic 8k ,Male English Caucasian Footballer, Ginger hair, slight smile, Age **, blue eyes, portrait,

Where age is the age you want to use (I've found 17-20 works well for the young ones, and you can put Mid 20s or whatever).

The seed for the image above is -

--seed 1304877319

Which, if you put in after the prompts, in the exact way I've put, will give you a face that looks pretty much like the one that I've posted above.

That ones not going in any packs, so play away.

13 hours ago, robterrace said:

Going a bit further.

The key points you need in terms of prompts (I use a lot of processing and post processing ones)

ultra realistic 8k ,Male English Caucasian Footballer, Ginger hair, slight smile, Age **, blue eyes, portrait,

Where age is the age you want to use (I've found 17-20 works well for the young ones, and you can put Mid 20s or whatever).

--seed 1304877319

Which, if you put in after the prompts, in the exact way I've put, will give you a face that looks pretty much like the one that I've posted above.

Thank you. The process seems clear now.

I had 20-30 pictures already generated when I've read your post about " aging" them.. and I thought "that's a very cool idea !". Now I'm reviewing previous prompts to get the seeds.

I've used a similar prompt for some of the test pictures, then I've moved to something like this, if you want to test it :

photo of a ** year old English football player wearing a shirt with black and white stripes and black shirt collar::5 
well-lit, sharp-focus, high-quality, artistic, colorful, unique, award-winning photograph, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR, f/8, ISO 100, 1/250 second, close-up, natural light, professional, flattering, portrait::2 --seed 10

Sometimes I add hair info, eyes and some personality / posing details - aggressive , determined, smiling etc. 

The picture info is taken from a video tutorial on youtube. ( camera, high-quality etc).

What I struggle with is to keep the shirt color not to make the photo black and white. It kind of overtakes the picture when colors are mentioned.

Edited by BuzzR

If you put a comma in after the shirt details, that should do the job for you.

This is the quick one I've done (using a slightly different shutter and exposure, but everything else is yours), with the comma after the details

P057code_photo_of_a_20_year_old_English_football_player_wearing_1cd81c9d-2c16-46a1-9216-30df4e5e77fe.png

1 hour ago, MrBigT said:

Guys total novice question here.

if I download the pack, does it automatically assign faces to newgens and they change as they age or post download do you manually assign faces to names?

Sorry, you'll have to use a config-file and manually assign pictures to players.

Wow, absolutely amazing work guys!! Such a shame there isn't a programme that will automatically assign those faces to regens like (NEWgan manager) Hope something like that could happen at some points?

Loving the staff packs btw ;) 

On 07/02/2023 at 12:42, john1 said:

Wow, absolutely amazing work guys!! Such a shame there isn't a programme that will automatically assign those faces to regens like (NEWgan manager) Hope something like that could happen at some points?

Loving the staff packs btw ;) 

We're working to get it integrated with Newgan as a separate pack (a lot like the DF11 facepacks have their own Newgan packs.

I've not been well for a few weeks, so have focussed on recovering (as well as an FM research deadline and stuff related to that), so, all being well, I'll be going full steam ahead over the next week or so to try and get some more stuff sorted.

On 02/02/2023 at 20:39, robterrace said:

Going a bit further.

--seed 1304877319

Just wanted to say been following this on twitter etc! Quality stuff!

A quick question and this might be obvious but what is the seeding and how does that work on Midjourney? Is that number a unique number? 
I’ve produced loads of new gen faces using MJ but the idea of ageing them is really good but just don’t understand the seed part of this?

any help is appreciated 

18 hours ago, walker_ctid said:

Just wanted to say been following this on twitter etc! Quality stuff!

A quick question and this might be obvious but what is the seeding and how does that work on Midjourney? Is that number a unique number? 
I’ve produced loads of new gen faces using MJ but the idea of ageing them is really good but just don’t understand the seed part of this?

any help is appreciated 

In Midjourney, every image has a random seed. Entering that number gives basically sets the system a certain starting point for everything.
This from the documentation - 

The Midjourney bot uses a seed number to create a field of visual noise, like television static, as a starting point to generate the initial image grids. Seed numbers are generated randomly for each image but can be specified with the --seed or --sameseed parameter. Using the same seed number and prompt will produce similar ending images.

By using 'Remix' mode, on Midjourney, we can basically keep using the same seed, and changing parameters like age. 

There is a video thats been shared on Twitter that explains it.

hi guys, thanks for giving me the idea of generating photos of regen with ai. I work from home and I'm extremely bored, so this is a good past time :lol:. I'm not using midjourney and the results are a bit cartoonish and not so realistic most of the time, but i wanted something df11 style more flamboyant and with more variety than the average newgan. I mean, look at these guys:

Senzatitolo-19copia.png.894737102aa49a11a4c592963e3ec081.png4(31).png.60812401e146712660a2891ac050db34.pngSenzatitolo-43copia.png.1581469f3ae2bbc682ab8f7a1a4617fc.pngSenzatitolo-52copia.png.34ff03ee15cb87c2d6a911df050903ba.png

5 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

^ Middle Eastern/N African? Brilliant whatever - I download everything you put out there!

Thats Middle Eastern/South Asian, they're uploaded to the drive where the faces are being collated - here , if you click on 'Ethnicity Project' and the individual folders, thats where they all are.

I'm working on something that will allow people to get all my staff packs (and any other bits I do), in one go, as well as potentially sharing the faces I put into the community pack, but, thats something for when I've got a bit more time.

4 hours ago, robterrace said:

Thats Middle Eastern/South Asian, they're uploaded to the drive where the faces are being collated - here , if you click on 'Ethnicity Project' and the individual folders, thats where they all are.

I'm working on something that will allow people to get all my staff packs (and any other bits I do), in one go, as well as potentially sharing the faces I put into the community pack, but, thats something for when I've got a bit more time.

Yeah, I've downloaded all these. I've further subdivided into 'teenagers'  and 'older' so I can find faces for academy intake and other newgens quicker. It also occurs to me that there are loads of great faces for females that we're unlikely to need - for now. If FM24 includes the women's game, you're ahead of the curve.

Absolutely brilliant, and thank you for all The Managers doing the hard work to make this happen.  Much appreciated.

One thing, I don't seem to be able to add a photo unless there is the "black head silhouette" icon on the players profile page.  The profiles that are blank or contain a shirt and squad number don't seem to work.

I have tried different skins, and even the default FM23 wont add the photo.  Only the profiles with the "black head silhouette" even though they still have ID numbers.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks.  

1 minute ago, Cmdr Christoff said:

Absolutely brilliant, and thank you for all The Managers doing the hard work to make this happen.  Much appreciated.

One thing, I don't seem to be able to add a photo unless there is the "black head silhouette" icon on the players profile page.  The profiles that are blank or contain a shirt and squad number don't seem to work.

I have tried different skins, and even the default FM23 wont add the photo.  Only the profiles with the "black head silhouette" even though they still have ID numbers.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks.  

I use them for both the silhouettes and the awful regen heads. Like this:

wholeteam.jpg.625e1e22afefd3dfba39dcc6052f88c3.jpg

KernowDNA1.jpg.5e7bd69481fd6192a589f8885b05bf3f.jpg

I do get in a muddle sometimes - I forget to put the new faces in the folder, or the wrong copy of the config file.

14 minutes ago, Cmdr Christoff said:

That looks great, and exactly what I want to be able to do.  But can only change the profiles with the blacked out heads, which isn't very many

Places where the shirt is shown is club kits and can only be replaced by other kits

black head silhouette can be replaced by faces like those above. they are not real players and there for don't have a face from the start, so the longer you get into a save, the more silhouettes you'll see

7 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Places where the shirt is shown is club kits and can only be replaced by other kits

black head silhouette can be replaced by faces like those above. they are not real players and there for don't have a face from the start, so the longer you get into a save, the more silhouettes you'll see

Thanks for the reply.  So basically only the blacked out heads out heads I can change. OK cool.

9 minutes ago, Cmdr Christoff said:

Thanks for the reply.  So basically only the blacked out heads out heads I can change. OK cool.

No, you can change the stupid heads too. Here's a shot of my current save before I get round to doing faces tomorrow:

stupidheads.jpg.fcd66724b780213775aea23928b188eb.jpg

I'll put faces on Johnstone, Welsh. Burrows. Chick, Jacob, Eze and more. It's all the same process.

makefaces.jpg.3e7699c4baa73896f85eaf16c0a5135e.jpg

I have a folder within my graphics folder where I put the faces with their UIDs and the config file.

43 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

No, you can change the stupid heads too. Here's a shot of my current save before I get round to doing faces tomorrow:

stupidheads.jpg.fcd66724b780213775aea23928b188eb.jpg

I'll put faces on Johnstone, Welsh. Burrows. Chick, Jacob, Eze and more. It's all the same process.

makefaces.jpg.3e7699c4baa73896f85eaf16c0a5135e.jpg

I have a folder within my graphics folder where I put the faces with their UIDs and the config file.

Yes ofc, but that wasnt the question.. or not as i read it anyway. it's kinda logic that you can replace a face with a face, but not many replaces a real face for a facepack one

and there is no reason to call other people's work for stupid or other words. 

33 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Yes ofc, but that wasnt the question.. or not as i read it anyway. it's kinda logic that you can replace a face with a face, but not many replaces a real face for a facepack one

and there is no reason to call other people's work for stupid or other words. 

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

yep and you're welcome

I have some profiles that don't have shirts or shirt numbers, just a grey box.  I take it that I cant put a photo in those ones either?

I've done all of my Staff that had the silhouettes so really happy with that.  Makes the game more personnel! 

Again thanks for all the help, and apologies for all the questions.

16 minutes ago, Cmdr Christoff said:

I have some profiles that don't have shirts or shirt numbers, just a grey box.  I take it that I cant put a photo in those ones either?

I've done all of my Staff that had the silhouettes so really happy with that.  Makes the game more personnel! 

Again thanks for all the help, and apologies for all the questions.

Can you provide a screenshot, its hard to say when we can't see

2 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Can you provide a screenshot, its hard to say when we can't see

I think I've worked it out.  On the players main profile there is a shirt or a shirt and number.  The grey space is only visible when you click on the smaller pop up attributes, so as you said earlier if they've got a shirt in the box that has to stay.

2 minutes ago, Cmdr Christoff said:

I think I've worked it out.  On the players main profile there is a shirt or a shirt and number.  The grey space is only visible when you click on the smaller pop up attributes, so as you said earlier if they've got a shirt in the box that has to stay.

ok, glad you figuered it out

1 minute ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

I see you are using an interesting recruitment tactic when getting staff :lol:

Indeed I do ;)

In my thread, the narrative goes like this: I can't get any good dudes to come to my hopeless amateur side, so I approached a bunch of female physios who have ambitions to get into coaching but never get a break.

Spoiler

Unfortunately, they're awful coaches!!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ceefax the cat said:

This is fantastic... I know I'm probably missing something obvious here but is there a guide to installing them somewhere? Especially for specific teams, as in, I'd like to make some for my current squad

See my post 21st Feb. make a folder in your graphics folder. Choose faces and name them with their UID numbers. The those numbers into a new config file. If you don't know how to make a config file or find the UIDs, there are beginner instructions in this forum as well as youtubes to help you.

4 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

MidJourney 4 still? I've been watching YouTube previews of MJ5, soon to arrive and seeing how realistic you can get with the upgrade, but it seems to me you've got there with MJ4 already!

Yeah, its a few weeks away, and I'm looking forward to seeing how much further everyone behind this project can push things.

12 minutes ago, BuzzR said:

@robterrace the v5 pictures look amazing. Can you please share a prompt example ? I wonder how to use a shirt from some obscure level 10 team :) 

Not sure a step 10 team would work.

This is the main prompt that the team behind the headshot pack at View From The Touchline are using (I'm using a slightly different lens size, but, thats it)

85mm DSLR colour Photography of a very detailed headshot from neck up fitting all of head and hair in frame.  [AGE] year old [ETHNICITY] soccer player with a small smile, and grey background [CLUB] shirt

So.

With 'Real Madrid Shirt' - 

P057code_hyper-detailed_transparent_background_headshot_from_di_55c1eb61-3b05-4951-b3a6-3bd70c14d28d.png

Just now, robterrace said:

Not sure a step 10 team would work.

This is the main prompt that the team behind the headshot pack at View From The Touchline are using (I'm using a slightly different lens size, but, thats it)

So.

With 'Real Madrid Shirt' - 

P057code_hyper-detailed_transparent_background_headshot_from_di_55c1eb61-3b05-4951-b3a6-3bd70c14d28d.png

Amazing, thank you so much !

17 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I think I read Midjourney 5 changes that so instead of prompts you 'talk to it in normal language like ChatGPT. So you might type, 'Give me an 18 year old blond lad who plays for Sheffield FC'

Yeah, theres a fair bit of work that the group of us are doing trying to get things looking good. Some of the ones coming out are really excellent.

Could this be expanded to making a large script?

"Give me 100 000 different male faces with different nationalites. Make variations in skin colour, facial expressions, eye color, hair style"

I guess something like this is coming our way with the exploding evolvment in AI that has happened last months...If its not allready here!

Edited by H_a_a_k_o_n

10 hours ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

Could this be expanded to making a large script?

"Give me 100 000 different male faces with different nationalites. Make variations in skin colour, facial expressions, eye color, hair style"

I guess something like this is coming our way with the exploding evolvment in AI that has happened last months...If its not allready here!

I don't think it could unless we were running our own server and AI on it. Even then, the amount of stuff we'd need to do would be prohibitive. 

At the moment, we've got about 12000 images in the drive we share, and about the same in preparation.

I'm trying something using Stable Diffusion. While I love the Zealand facepack, I felt there is not enough variety on the African faces, especially in terms of there being any mixed race player regens where you would expect to see them.

media_result_20230320_4ec1527f-0691-4a0a-848a-71f197568b77.png

media_result_20230320_b3871cba-e20d-43f0-b93c-fd60b3bc7348.png

media_result_20230320_bbf190ca-7eef-44b9-9d05-d233c7429dea.png

media_result_20230320_e5a7b94d-5691-4545-93d3-e0a9146ae9f1.png

media_result_20230320_ebb06e05-ed38-4f6c-ab10-4e1f7a5e428d.png

media_result_20230320_f5c305c3-d80a-416e-9bfd-60373a7e1673.png

African1703.png

African1711.png

African1770.png

image.png.0486ab0bad457dfb131ac81291b2207e.png

Edited by Kendo BKK

An ethnicity project pack for coaches and other staff would be tremendous, if anyone feels moved to do that!

Wish there was a way to generate config files for them so they just automatically fill a whole league / squad according to nationality. I wonder if there's anyone techie enough among us.... Is it even possible?