Creating Newgen Faces Using Midjourney

phnompenhandy

Do you have a total goal in mind long term for the number of unique pictures you're aiming for? 

My biggest issue is I've started only signing players with the pictures I like the most :D it's hilarious. Have to thank you again because it has really changed the way I enjoy the game (along with Kitbasher).

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, gavrenwick said:

Do you have a total goal in mind long term for the number of unique pictures you're aiming for? 

My biggest issue is I've started only signing players with the pictures I like the most :D it's hilarious. Have to thank you again because it has really changed the way I enjoy the game (along with Kitbasher).

I have no idea.

Currently got 10000 player images available on my site 
https://p057code.co.uk/fm-ai-facepacks/
Which are all Newgan compatible, have put a torrent file on there too, so should you wish to do things that way.

The VFTT packs should be about 20000+ as well, I know Paul and a couple of others from VFTT are still trundling along (I had surgery on my hand a couple of days ago, so will be slow for a week or so).

I'll seed the torrents for the April/May packs to help d/l speeds a bit

. @gavrenwick - also guilty of this, picked someone up from the Free Trial match, just because I liked the look of his regen pic. Fans gave the signing an "E" based on his stats :)

6 hours ago, robterrace said:

I have no idea.

Which are all Newgan compatible, have put a torrent file on there too, so should you wish to do things that way.

The VFTT packs should be about 20000+ as well, I know Paul and a couple of others from VFTT are still trundling along (I had surgery on my hand a couple of days ago, so will be slow for a week or so).

These are so good - I especially like the staff photos. Should embarrass SI for their ugly, Sega Master System level regen pictures.

2 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

These are so good - I especially like the staff photos. Should embarrass SI for their ugly, Sega Master System level regen pictures.

Doing more staff pictures is my next thing. Just got to finish my season with Falkirk first :D

8 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

image.thumb.png.e03be8390c022c11f388a69ad14bf2f1.pngJust a few of the next batch of staff ones.

19 horas atrás, robterrace disse:

I have no idea.

Thank you so much for sharing this, not to mention the effort to put it all together.

Game changer.

41 minutes ago, thesharmz said:

@robterrace apologies if this is made clearer elsewhere in the thread, but is your Google drive 'Ethnicity Project' folder the same megapack that's been shared on View From the Touchline?  https://www.viewfromthetouchline.com/2022/12/15/fmugens-newgen-facepack-fm23/ 

Yeah, its what we started on the Google Drive

19 hours ago, robterrace said:

image.thumb.png.e03be8390c022c11f388a69ad14bf2f1.pngJust a few of the next batch of staff ones.

they are amazing! I am so impressed and amazed with Midjourney, and also with you that make the 100% right input to get those outputs. SI should buy 150 000+ pictures from you and use them as a pool for regens :-). (Technically...i am thinking they could have them stored online for the game to download locally at each computer when needed.)

Do I have to do something special for the staff pics to show up? I see the newgan pics when I put them in the relevant folders but I never see the staff pics show.

Absolutely amazing work your doing here! Really adds to these long term career games I play! Thank you so much!

16 hours ago, hehehemann said:

Do I have to do something special for the staff pics to show up? I see the newgan pics when I put them in the relevant folders but I never see the staff pics show.

Absolutely amazing work your doing here! Really adds to these long term career games I play! Thank you so much!

Its a little bit more messing about, but, to do staff pics.

Staff pics, create your own folder, get the ID of the staff member, then copy the image into the folder with the ID as the name, run FMXML, then reload skin.

On 12/06/2023 at 05:39, Kendo BKK said:

Is that Google drive still accepting submissions? I honestly couldn't fathom out the structure of where stuff is supposed to go.

Not at the moment. I'll try and get something sorted over the next few days.

These look incredible. 

I put them in and made the mistake of mixing these with another pack that i dont like as much. Is there a way to change individual faces using the newgan manager? also how do i keep faces on players, as when i added more faces it rejigs the whole list of players?

7 hours ago, craigd84 said:

These look incredible. 

I put them in and made the mistake of mixing these with another pack that i dont like as much. Is there a way to change individual faces using the newgan manager? also how do i keep faces on players, as when i added more faces it rejigs the whole list of players?

You need to do "preserve" mode in NewGan so not to overwrite your players every year. To set them manually, you'll need to manually edit the config.xml file in Notepad (I'd recommend free Notepad++ for large files).

10 hours ago, Kendo BKK said:

You need to do "preserve" mode in NewGan so not to overwrite your players every year. To set them manually, you'll need to manually edit the config.xml file in Notepad (I'd recommend free Notepad++ for large files).

thanks pal

Usually for every good face I've been able to generate, I get around 6-10 mutated freaks!

I'm glad I didn't torch all of them with fire, as its been a lot of fun this week running them through again and letting the AI give them a massive makeover.

BeforeAfter2.png.c730927db45793b30d40bc4ead21c690.png

BeforeAfter3.png.71bda3fc0b07bff8af47063ae087397b.png

BeforeAfter4.png.0ffa3661c3b1e793117d0e7db184c8b6.png

BeforeAfter.png.581c3d2534008ed745afccbf3fcd5876.png

On 23/04/2023 at 08:37, Jorgen said:

Hope you manage to do that!

As it is all data, and I've even seen/heard people using excel to edit the game, there must be lots of things that can be scraped and used.

Some time ago I submitted an idea to get more historical facts from the savegame. Like the career top goalscorers for all teams that I managed, the club that I bought most players from, or the manager that won the most matches vs my teams, etc Somewhere deep down FM is counting all those things, but we only see the current record holders, or sometimes the one in your current team that is the best right now, but not the players that are at the 2nd/3rd place and beyond. My idea is under review, but I don't know how long such a thing takes, or if they consider making it available. But somewhere inside our savegames all this information is already there. As all players have ID's and those ID's can be shown ingame and in third party tools, I think it is possible.

I've been whingeing about this for years too. It's ridiculous that, even if you wanted to try to scout realistically by looking at performance stats, the game makes it impossible by wiping everybody's data half way through the summer transfer window. There's basically no point using that data as things stand because the sample size is so small, except for a brief period towards the end of each season, that you're more or less flying blind.

If all that data really is somewhere in the game and isn't just deleted then it would amazing to be able to access it. Failing that, a utility that spits it into a Google sheet at the end of each season would be fantastic. I like the idea of using skins like Hodr which are all about using stats instead of attributes, but until we have access to historical data (and maybe some more visualisations to make it more instantly digestible) then there really isn't much point. It's a shame because there's an easy step up in realism there for the taking.

Edited by ceefax the cat

On 19/06/2023 at 15:43, craigd84 said:

Any update due soon? Those YugoGreek shots are great.

I don't really have a full facepack per se, but have faces here that could be used as an add on to other facepacks.

Just did headcount on what I have 

African 426
Caucasian 540
C.Europe 118
S.America 24
SpanMed 6
YugoGreek 140

Asian, SE Asian, MENA, MESA, ItalMed Scandis = 0  :( 

17 hours ago, robterrace said:

I've got one coming out next week, the VFTT pack updated today.

Has there been a mix-up on the MENA folder? Tunisia and Morocco have suddenly got a few gingers in their squad. :)

image.png.828b0b924cdf5b4b415ac88a62714e29.png

On 21/06/2023 at 14:16, robterrace said:

I've got one coming out next week, the VFTT pack updated today.

Here is the link again for anyone not knowing where to look:
https://www.viewfromthetouchline.com/2022/12/15/fmugens-newgen-facepack-fm23/

Also FYI @robterrace, the link for Update Pack 6 has the Pack 7 url.  So is that intentional?

Edited by SunDevil

On 23/06/2023 at 20:28, SunDevil said:

Also FYI @robterrace, the link for Update Pack 6 has the Pack 7 url.  So is that intentional?

Thats not me, hit @Cleon up to get it changed.

On 23/06/2023 at 20:28, SunDevil said:

It should be fixed now, the update pack for 6.

On 22/06/2023 at 16:07, Kendo BKK said:

Has there been a mix-up on the MENA folder? Tunisia and Morocco have suddenly got a few gingers in their squad. :)

image.png.828b0b924cdf5b4b415ac88a62714e29.png

It happens sometimes. Just drag and drop them in the folder you think it best suits :)

22 hours ago, robterrace said:

Just a sneak peak of the first few faces coming through for the next pack..

image.thumb.png.76e0ccdcfc7e3c5309d0b279bb35b54b.png

Will you make some new staff pictures? I liked your staff pack, I would surely use something again if there would be some coach/manager with a cap. 

I'm currently using this manager photo from your website instead of just a staff picture...

Generated a crap ton in the African folder this week. I started with half a dozen, and before I knew it I'd done nearly a hundred.

image.png.a3141df845d1eb627b6f62caacc6be40.png

I actually made a note of all the NEWGAN mappings earlier as I started trying to flesh out some of the folders I'd been ignoring, there was stuff I didn't realize, such as SAMed only being used by Argentina and Uruguay regens. I'd always assumed those were just going to be in South American.

African: Africa and Caribbean nations
Asian: South Asia (Japan, Korea, Chinese countries)
Caucasian: UK, North America, Canada, Australia, Gibraltar
EECA : Eastern Europe & Russia
ItalMed: Italy, Malta, San Marino & Monaco
MENA: Middle East - North Africa
MESA: Middle East - South Asia
SAMed: Argentina & Uruguay
Scandinavian: Scandinavian Countries
Seasaian: South East Asian (ASEAN Countries)
South American: South American countries except ARG & URU.
SpanMed: Andorra, Spain, Basque and Portugal
YugoGreek: Baltic Countries, including Albania, Kosovo & Greece

Edited by Kendo BKK