Creating Newgen Faces Using Midjourney

phnompenhandy

On 05/07/2023 at 13:40, keysi said:

Will you make some new staff pictures? I liked your staff pack, I would surely use something again if there would be some coach/manager with a cap. 

I'm currently using this manager photo from your website instead of just a staff picture...

I'll get some more put together, got a few more ideas to put in for them. :D

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 05/07/2023 at 16:19, Kendo BKK said:

Generated a crap ton in the African folder this week. I started with half a dozen, and before I knew it I'd done nearly a hundred.

image.png.a3141df845d1eb627b6f62caacc6be40.png

I actually made a note of all the NEWGAN mappings earlier as I started trying to flesh out some of the folders I'd been ignoring, there was stuff I didn't realize, such as SAMed only being used by Argentina and Uruguay regens. I'd always assumed those were just going to be in South American.

African: Africa and Caribbean nations
Asian: South Asia (Japan, Korea, Chinese countries)
Caucasian: UK, North America, Canada, Australia, Gibraltar
EECA : Eastern Europe & Russia
ItalMed: Italy, Malta, San Marino & Monaco
MENA: Middle East - North Africa
MESA: Middle East - South Asia
SAMed: Argentina & Uruguay
Scandinavian: Scandinavian Countries
Seasaian: South East Asian (ASEAN Countries)
South American: South American countries except ARG & URU.
SpanMed: Andorra, Spain, Basque and Portugal
YugoGreek: Baltic Countries, including Albania, Kosovo & Greece

Thats what I've worked them out to be as well. YugoGreek being the 'Slavic' nations and Greece.

On 05/07/2023 at 13:40, keysi said:

Will you make some new staff pictures? I liked your staff pack, I would surely use something again if there would be some coach/manager with a cap. 

I'm currently using this manager photo from your website instead of just a staff picture...

Got these ones through on my latest run, will probably do a load more later when I'm not working.

p057code_85mm_DSLR_colour_photography_of_a_very_detailed_portra_5d6807f1-1bdb-4c38-8cab-a4ca9d412f2f.png

p057code_85mm_DSLR_colour_photography_of_a_very_detailed_portra_35a38b73-5a07-4a0a-9d14-b474a70eb95b.png

p057code_85mm_DSLR_colour_photography_of_a_very_detailed_portra_999ca6dd-3afb-41dd-8619-952dc3a0b34d.png

p057code_85mm_DSLR_colour_photography_of_a_very_detailed_portra_a48e700d-435c-4273-88b4-92b693b73323.png

• 3 weeks later...
在 2023/7/13 在 PM6点54分, robterrace说:

I'm running through faces for the next pack (should be towards the end of the month), however, there will be another staff pack released as well, towards the end of the month.

Thanks for you pack. But what I found in this thread is only april and june pack. And I can see nothing between AFR401 - AFR795.

Did I miss something?

捕获.JPG

53 minutes ago, giggsxbr said:

cheers man... When will the July pack release?

I'm a bit behind at the moment. Had a few personal issues which I've had to deal with.

Its about 2/3rds done, but, I'm not rushing at this time.

Hi @robterrace - what is the size that you are using for these now? I made some amendments to my skin and had the profile pic set at 240x240 - which meant that I was experiencing some blurring with these. I then noticed that some/most were made with 180x180 yet the newer ones are 250x250. I love the work that has been done here, I'm just thinking longer term as to what size to leave for them.

Also - sorry to hear about the personal issues you mention. Hope you're doing ok!

28 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Hi @robterrace - what is the size that you are using for these now? I made some amendments to my skin and had the profile pic set at 240x240 - which meant that I was experiencing some blurring with these. I then noticed that some/most were made with 180x180 yet the newer ones are 250x250. I love the work that has been done here, I'm just thinking longer term as to what size to leave for them.

Also - sorry to hear about the personal issues you mention. Hope you're doing ok!

The newest one I'm creating are all 250x250, thats what I've got the action set to in Photoshop.

7 minutes ago, robterrace said:

The newest one I'm creating are all 250x250, thats what I've got the action set to in Photoshop.

Amazing! Thank you for the quick reply. I have not always liked the idea of random shirt colours but just made the switch, deleting all the AI faces that were made available when NewGAN was first released and ran the config with your files there.  I've also reduced the size of my profile pictures to 220x220 - meaning that even the 180x180 images are at 82% of the size, rather than 75%. I'm going to go through and 'weed out' some of the ones that have a lot of shirt on show, as seen on the left image below, but the quality of them is insane as you can see:

image.png.af09016531579f7947aa70348346f0fb.png image.png.1fe69ae6542a97c5db4118b697b9d349.png image.png.4107dae5e8f5c2ba51eb9c2aa4d15cdd.png image.png.cba2b422f72823bb9a299085484ad3c1.png

@_Ben_ I'm trying to do the next bunch of faces with more generic shirt colourings, however, the wonders of Midjourney means that I still get the odd one or two with random colours. 

See below, the Middle Eastern/North African ones I'm doing now.

p057code_white_background_85mm_DSLR_colour_Photography_of_a_ver_cd242e16-22b2-4810-a643-041fb9cd5b18.thumb.png.91abab02a26f35065fb691807787d65f.png

Hi, @robterrace! I love the newgen pictures, which are very cool to see, but do I have a question in mind. Did you have the newgen pics for Southeast Asia because I'm a Filipino and if you have some pictures that are pure Filipinos, it would be great if you're going to create a lot! Also, what are the newgen pics for Asia (including Japanese) would be like because I'm very cool to see Japanese wonderkids that I want to play in the future alongside Filipinos?

Other than that, great work out there! Keep it up!

22 minutes ago, robterrace said:

@_Ben_ I'm trying to do the next bunch of faces with more generic shirt colourings, however, the wonders of Midjourney means that I still get the odd one or two with random colours. 

See below, the Middle Eastern/North African ones I'm doing now.

These look fantastic!

What I really need to do is get acquainted with Midjourney and then create my own with for my players with shirt patterns that match my team; I'm currently managing Atalanta, for example, so they'd be black and blue stripes. The remainder of the newgens in the gameworld would be fine having these colours but I do like that little aspect, personally, and nobody else would see the change in face!

I finally had a bit of time on Stable Diffusion XL (the newest release) - colour me impressed.

This is a real game changer (especially as it can be downloaded and used offline...if your GPU is up to it)

Slide1.PNG

Edited by Kendo BKK

On 22/08/2023 at 03:00, Kendo BKK said:

I finally had a bit of time on Stable Diffusion XL (the newest release) - colour me impressed.

Also using this one, too! It's not perfect, particularly on hands, but I've been able to branch out (in my infinite sadness) from player faces into 'Welcome to the club posters'

f6385a186287414e93a9511d7cd89a6c.png

There's still enough detail in this to remove the background and then crop down to just the face to save for the player profile. I need to work out the little bits with editing these actual images once they're out and my Photoshop skills are non existent, but it's been a great process and Stable Diffusion XL is insane!

While fingers and hands remain a problem on SDXL, heads and faces are getting better. Commonly on SD1.5 I'd get wonky eyes and bumpy foreheads, but SDXL can usually hit it out the park on the first swing, and also I'm finding I don't have to put so much in to the prompt either.

I spent a bit of time over the last couple of days generating around 100 or so for the EECA folder (Eastern Europe, Russia & ex-Soviet countries) just to see what SDXL can do. A bit like _Ben_, some of these were actually generating in more of a stadium setting before I cropped and removed backgrounds. I don't mind some variety in the poses, as I find it more immersive.

Sample1.png.86860db07beb0b280c1e3fe324bd5981.png

Sample2.png.5b0548f40404d82c41998914b252a680.png

I finally got round to generating a load for my local ASEAN region (eg: Philippines, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore)

Using SD XL has definitely sped up the whole process, I am getting less mutated outputs now.

ASEAN_1.png.92183597e048000731374eac84e32a99.png

ASEAN2.png.115b4770d7dc162cfe9235e403f15896.png

9 hours ago, <<Macaco-RJ88>> said:

How do you guys deal with the "time factor" for young newgens? Do you just change it manually the best ones in the future? Do you leave aside aged pics? Im really stuck in that atm..how to handle the time factor.. Any help appreciated!

I always just turn a blind eye to them aging up in game. The default facepack for real players never get older in their pics, so it's something I choose to overlook. When generating the Newgan faces, I set age to around 20-21. Any younger..... they look like they should still be playing Wembley doubles on the playground and then it still looks weird when they are supposed to be nearly 30, but look about 14.

IMHO, peoples face structures don't really change too much between 21-35 (when they would be active footballers). Maybe just stuff like changing hair and beards, hence I just leave them looking like that.

Edited by Kendo BKK

8 hours ago, &lt;&lt;Macaco-RJ88&gt;&gt; said:

How do you guys deal with the "time factor" for young newgens? Do you just change it manually the best ones in the future? Do you leave aside aged pics? Im really stuck in that atm..how to handle the time factor.. Any help appreciated!

When I started this thread, I showed some mockups I'd done of newgens aged 15 and 16 years old. I included the age in the prompts. All that needs to be done is repeat the same prompts but increase the age. Doing that every 4 or 5 seasons should suffice. The pix keep the same UIDs, so all you have to do is drop them in the faces folder and overwrite the old ones.

11 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

When I started this thread, I showed some mockups I'd done of newgens aged 15 and 16 years old. I included the age in the prompts. All that needs to be done is repeat the same prompts but increase the age. Doing that every 4 or 5 seasons should suffice. The pix keep the same UIDs, so all you have to do is drop them in the faces folder and overwrite the old ones.

I remember those original pics of Colin Hendry et al, the other day I started having some fun when generating some Irish pics using old Panini shots as the seed.

Can you guess the 3 Irish legends? I did blur the name on one of them, as it was a bit too close to giving the game away!

1.png.c2504dcd5da3bf6486a5d78d05eb35ae.png 3.png.3a93cbcd596d804cfca0f4730bcb1b4e.png2.png.6ea5b5bd9507756cce490790cc33a0f6.png

On 05/09/2023 at 10:18, phnompenhandy said:

I will get into Midjourney and get familiar with prompting until finding the right models. Once im confident enough, I will be back here asking for a step-step tutorial on this :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have been following your progress and the truth is that the results are impressive. Seeing your creations, one of the things I miss is seeing ugly players. Almost all the photos you put are of players who are more or less physically attractive, but the reality is that in the world there are more ugly players than beer bottles.

I have been using a version the prompts RocknRolla tweeted out, and it has dramatically improved the quality of the pics, he did show me a prompt for "ugly", but I haven't experimented with it yet. 

Because I have to put in some "negative prompts" to iron out weird AI mutations, I guess the side-effect is that most of the lads look like they're fresh from GQ magazine.

This is a great concept and kudos to the developers:applause:

I used to use something I had put together but it was very limited and the duplication was annoying due to the small amount of images- the latest download I found for this project however has 60000 images, so no issues now:brock:

a quick question as I use a lot of lower leagues that have players in the DB but no images[they are not newgens] is there something like this newgen file  that will work for this situation too? as it is now I have to add the missing images manually 

cheers

I have only been able to find this which replaces the blank 'missing' images you get with these players

it goes into the skin folder you are using but no faces are generated 

5035a14534c49bf10da77b7de7ac619e.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using Playground AI with the Stable Diffusion XL to generate AI images for my manager, ready for my FM24 save. I'm absolutely delighted with the kind of thing I'm getting from it...

bbaac3650eeee3e6e1aefec1b16a54e6.jpg

And, also, who doesn't love a manager backstory?!

a4e32cefde681ce949ac9dd7699a7b0f.png

8 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I've been using Playground AI with the Stable Diffusion XL to generate AI images for my manager, ready for my FM24 save. I'm absolutely delighted with the kind of thing I'm getting from it...

those are superb

On 15/10/2023 at 19:50, _Ben_ said:

Thanks for sharing this platform! Images are really great. Prompt was like portrait of 30 y.o. Serbian football head coach with beard and glasses dressed in suit without any badges and logotypes. Background is AFC Fiorentina stadium

portrait-of-30-yo-serbian-football-head-coach-with-beard-and-glasses-dressed-in-suit-without-any-b-287836615.png.8ae6eb5decd62d54f1a30ed66c11c2ea.png

I also like how you can just in one click remove background.

portrait-of-30-yo-serbian-football-head-coach-with-beard-and-glasses-dressed-in-suit-without-any-b-287836615(2).png.08439d6f347bcb19ae94cf09e3f742d0.png

Edited by Vladis

19 hours ago, Vladis said:

30 y.o. Serbian football head coach with beard and glasses dressed in suit without any badges and logotypes. Background is AFC Fiorentina

‘No badges’ might be a game changer here! I tried ‘Nike logo’ etc and it failed miserably so have put up with the distorted stuff it creates but to think I could have just ‘removed them’…

On 15/10/2023 at 10:50, _Ben_ said:

Where can I get Stable Diffusion XL? Is it a app?

14 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

‘No badges’ might be a game changer here! I tried ‘Nike logo’ etc and it failed miserably so have put up with the distorted stuff it creates but to think I could have just ‘removed them’…

I think the "Removed From Image" is as important part as the right prompt. When I didn't use it and I didn't insert 'cartoon' here, almost all my attempts ended with a cartoon picture. 

image.png.dcee2f15e1c152fccd07dafce94df075.png

10 hours ago, john1 said:

Where can I get Stable Diffusion XL? Is it a app?

The Stable Diffusion XL is just the option when you are creating the picture(s). 

image.thumb.png.7c9830fd3e2bb44938f5ffaea186e31e.png

On 16/10/2023 at 12:10, Vladis said:

Thanks for sharing this platform! Images are really great. Prompt was like portrait of 30 y.o. Serbian football head coach with beard and glasses dressed in suit without any badges and logotypes. Background is AFC Fiorentina stadium

portrait-of-30-yo-serbian-football-head-coach-with-beard-and-glasses-dressed-in-suit-without-any-b-287836615.png.8ae6eb5decd62d54f1a30ed66c11c2ea.png

I also like how you can just in one click remove background.

portrait-of-30-yo-serbian-football-head-coach-with-beard-and-glasses-dressed-in-suit-without-any-b-287836615(2).png.08439d6f347bcb19ae94cf09e3f742d0.png

To my feeling his head is slightly too big compared to his body. Good beard though.

Wow that's great, thanks for sharing! I'm on a DB where I'm reviving old clubs and it's perfect for creating new players too.
I've experimented with a few "sons of" and for some it's great and for others it's not so great... In particular, I have a problem with  eyes.

image.png.54c722f3a073ee365a189ae38e69e6f2.png

Edited by Samuel77

I've also tried Dall-e via Bing but the result seems too "smooth" and for the same prompt as SDXL it censors the image even though I'm simply asking for a football player. On the other hand, there are more differences between each face.

Here are a few tests on Dall-e:

image.png.f829c65bd68bfd6bd2388bb475fc5752.png

I've been using it for a while now - but i try to keep them to just my newgens & staff - or only the ones with PA over 185 (ie superstars whose face I'm going to see all the time)

for mine i try to prompt based on the CGI/3D face the game gives me - so that when im in the match engine - my bald white player suddenly isn't black or whatever

some of the realistic faces I've been doing with MJ

adding some here in case you want to use them

joe.png.1d8dad6d8dca943cfc6134860463337f.pngconor.png.8601c6489c5449bc1a8172cf51ff73c0.pngchitmoe.png.b84e873fcba94d1f9825826bc6a6ead0.pngthant.png.156de9394a22d600418be34da7b33a81.pngkyaw.png.cf44ca323f52507660ed56d8ad5792ce.pngimage.png.0397ad1588fda95f2ac8f458737f0acf.pngimage.png.ba42d1f538b4e605c26fc5678fc41a95.pnghau.png.8281566d20b2f2c1a2044e6d4172d7f5.pngpet.png.db12d9f5ed08b73037bd947e4c147973.png

cioffo.png

kareem.png

nava.png

sear.png

osh.png

belle.png

branco.png

hut.png

dao.png

roko.png

tar.png

oke.png

Playground AI still has a free tier I think but, you get only(!) 1000 generations a day.

I said a page or so back, but XL version of Stable Diffusion is a game changer. The results are way more pleasing, less messed up outputs and also higher resolution. 

The RockNRolla facepack is well worth a download, 35000+ faces created through Playground.AI

https://fm.zweierkette.de/grafiken-mods/ultrarealistic-newgan-faces-english/

Edited by Kendo BKK