Match 3: Senegal vs Netherlands 4pm GMT ITV1 LIVE from the Al Thumama Stadium

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, RTHerringbone said:

The next game has to be better, right? The prospect of four games tomorrow is already exhausting me :D

Of the three games so far I’ve walked the dog through one half, and fallen asleep twice. Bodes well :D

6 minutes ago, Darius1998 said:

Came down to the two goalkeepers. Noppert did what he had to while Mendy flapped at everything and was at least partially responsible for both.

He was in no man's land for the first, but don't think he was saving it regardless. Great ball, run, and header, with no one tracking. Second goal was shocking though. Looked a nothing shot that he made a complete mess of. 

5 minutes ago, ReggaeBwoy said:

Just realised Gravenberch did not make the squad. That was a shock. If he stays at Ajax, he gets in. Has Renato Sanches vibes. Not sure why it doesn't work out for overseas players when they go Bayern. Especially the CM. Tolisso too. Thought Gravenberch would settle in easily.

I didn't expect him to walk into Bayern's XI, so did the move reflect his priorities or was he given bad advice? (A question you could ask of quite a few other young players)

17 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

I didn't expect him to walk into Bayern's XI, so did the move reflect his priorities or was he given bad advice? (A question you could ask of quite a few other young players)

I think he saw himself getting a lot of minutes and rotation games also and playing with better players. I thought he would too tbh. He looked a class above at Ajax.

For all the 'who's that guy?' remarks, Noppert did a very good job. Needed all of his 2m05 to keep that shot out. 

For the rest, I think LvG better rethink the width. FdJ with 4 players in his face was forced into passing errors way too often. I think de Ligt played de Vrij into the team today, or maybe Timber.

Oh well, three points in the pocket. We can now afford a bad day against Ecuador as long as we win big against Qatar. If we don't do that, we shouldn't be in the WC anyway ^^

8 minutes ago, DJ said:

For the rest, I think LvG better rethink the width. FdJ with 4 players in his face was forced into passing errors way too often.

I haven't seen enough of Berghuis, but if this is his usual level, not playing Koopmeiners in his place is just favoritism.

I think de Ligt played de Vrij into the team today, or maybe Timber.

De Vrij definitely can't play wide CB, he has to be in the middle. But then again, Virgil also lost a lot of pace. Timber would probably be the best choice.