The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish i could tell my keeper to stand in the middle of the net on freekicks. honestly the amount of freekicks i concede a season is crazy, you can just tell every time its a goal and the keeper is just nowhere near it. I dont want my keeper on the opposite side of the net i want him in the middle!

Couple of games in hand on above, but we have collapsed the last month. Lost 3 and drawn 1 of my last 4 sees us plummet down the table as we were touching top spot prior to that!

image.thumb.png.a4504fd3d3fca2a7266230d779ed7747.png

ClubLogo.png.aefc88d76f195e8bfa5178639413c15d.png

South Shields FC

Season 1 (2023-24)

Hello guys! I'm new with this save and doing it on youtube also. (if you like more info go check out the vids > https://youtube.com/thechairmanplays )Also notable thing is that i'm not native english speaker so bare with me coz i'm going to make a lot grammar mistakes :lol: So we started our journey with South Shields at Vanarama National North unluckily I forgot to take picture our season preview but I think we were one of the relegation canditates and that was expected due our (simulated year) promotion.

In this 1st year we didn't have any expectation other than get to that youth intake and get more players to our team. I did set up two tactics South Shields 1.0 and South Shields 2.0 I'm not really good at tactics so I tend to copy others and tweak them to my own :D 

Spoiler

Tactics.jpg.7f19efd83a83b081b15dc881264b01cf.jpg

We were in my terms of decent in the 1st season. I don't think we did play really good football but the games did go our way at the end and that did mean something special to happen at the end of the season! In cups we didn't managed to go far but yet managed to get in FA Cup proper which was board objective for this year. We had chance to go in the 2nd round but Bromley won the replay. Next year we need the money and hopefully we can go 2nd or 3rd round of that competition.

Spoiler

Games.jpg.246a9b0ff01e9b7fc8b9a70a07b472dd.jpg

So at the end we didn't lose any games at the end of the season and we did go to the playoffs. Semi Finals we did face King's Lynn Town team that beat us in the season. It was really special day and we did show how much high morale mean in this game!

Spoiler

PlayoffSemiFinal.jpg.11a90a2e21f78f4d40920d1b4db7ced1.jpgPlayoffSemiFinalResult.jpg.0cbb1670f13c4588682d76162bf0e61d.jpg

So we are one game away from promotion to Vanarama National League in our 1st season. Magnificent! And in Final we will face yet another team who beat us in regular season! Southport! And I have only one thing to say High Morale! Team played perfectly and we managed to grap 1st promotion of the save!

Spoiler

PlayoffFinal.jpg.5956b287690560b3c6758cbf6bf32993.jpgPlayoffFinalResult.jpg.55d96ba060d99e5b01ebed37ff9cfa5b.jpg

At the end League Table look like this:

Spoiler

LeagueTable.jpg.65bd5b1d77c307d32aa51ac261fec67b.jpg

So we managed to get promoted to Vanarama National League but youth is in the key point of this save. So let's focus little bit on that! 

Spoiler

YouthCandidates(Elite).jpg.1921751bc48c54763c51539826ceeb63.jpgYouthCandidates(Rest).jpg.211a98e6e9c11dab25102a93c01ff4be.jpg

You can se on the spoilers that we had really good intake in this year and sign most of the players. James Wood, Frankie Hawke and Priestley Brooking seems to be most exciting prospects!

Spoiler

JamesWood.thumb.jpg.33f83a1aaedd739a695e291a69cafb6c.jpgFrankieHawke.thumb.jpg.27b04da429e6df700adcfd913399174f.jpgPriestleyBrooking.thumb.jpg.5230c672118d2ada32f2e748d59f06f9.jpg

Also I got good news! Won manager of the year and got my first licence on the books! 

Spoiler

ManagerOfTheYear.jpg.31b30382eda23ed3d284ca6fcf31e4d5.jpgNationalCLicence.jpg.a3e3e9c61506154cee2d55e46258bade.jpg

Some records also was broken this season. Keallan Humes youth player who came through intake in the simulated season scored in Playoff Final and became our youngest goalscorer. Also James Wood became youngest ever player in Vanarama National North. 

Spoiler

HumesRecord2024.jpg.fc67080be2ed6409a9a146771fd1e220.jpgWoodRecord2024.jpg.d4489db3420acffa17a27447e6c8df04.jpg

So this was unexpected promotion and I think we have good chance to survive in Vanarama National and of course we gonna rely on our youth more and more next year but also try to keep our older players to the team. Next years target is of course avoid relegation.

Edited by The Chairman Plays

Just started in England and got South Shields as one of the newly promoted teams but the board is saying they want playoffs next year as a requirement. Will I get sacked while waiting for my youth to come through? Don't want to invest loads of time into a save that is doomed from the start.

Hi All, 

I came across this thread recently and was really eager to try this challenge, 

And oh my word it has been an unbelievable challenge, I holidayed for a year and ended up choosing

GUISELEY as my club from the promoted clubs, 

What I didn't notice was that this team had a very limited squad to start with, and only 2 center backs, 

One of witch was taken on a free to a diffrent club 1/2 way through the season, 

So ended up with one center back, good old luke dean vetran Midfield has been filling in as a right back center back all season, even though his not happy about it. 

I'm coming to the end of my first season now with 3 games to go, 

We are currently  sitting in 20th place 2 points ahead of AFC Telford who are in the relgation zone, 

After a good run of a few wins.

We just had a youth intake that was classed as a golden generation, 

With 2-3 good squad fillers in their but surprise surprise no stand out center back, 

We did get a 3 star potential center back who is 6ft 6 but I don't hold out much hope, 

And my current star center back is refusing to extend his contract along with a few other star players,

So I fear if we survive this season we won't survive the next. 

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated 

5 hours ago, jgraver7 said:

Just started in England and got South Shields as one of the newly promoted teams but the board is saying they want playoffs next year as a requirement. Will I get sacked while waiting for my youth to come through? Don't want to invest loads of time into a save that is doomed from the start.

The starting squad in South Shields is quite good. It is not unrealistic that you will receive a playoff spot. I think you can manage it!

Good luck with South Shields.

Karşıyaka SK

Season 5 -  2027/28| TFF 1.Lig - 14th (Media:18th) | Cup - 5th Round

What a finish. I won my last game to avoid the relegation because the teams behind me also won their last game. With a defeat I would play next year 3rd league. Struggled a lot with the tactis. Old tactic, new tactic, brand new tactic. Nothing works over the entire season. At the end Mehmet Kalkan injured for 3 months so I was in big trouble. He had a very good season but leaves me at the end of the season to Trabzonspor. I managed to get 120k and a percent of the next sale even his contract ended in summer. He was such a good player and scored so many goals (125 goals in 123 games). But some good news: My left back Görkem Iyik (Crazy mental stats for a 18 year old) & and my center back Murat Tükenmez signed new deals without a release clause! The youth intake wasn't good this year but I got a good amount of good fullbacks in my squad and Goalies. I have every year 1 or 2 good goalkeepers in my youth intake. I don't know which one I should play because they are all still so young and still need time to develop.

Manager | Transfers | Overview | League Table | League Stats | Club Overview | Facilities |Squad |Squad Stats |Youth income

Top 3 players

Mehmet Kalkan - 29 games - 29 goals - 5 assists - 7 POM - 7.38

Umut Kilic - 31 games - 2 goals - 0 assists - 4 POM - 7.24

Murat Tükenmez - 33 games - 1 goal - 0 assists - 2 POM - 7.01

Top 3 prospects

Yasin Güleryüz - center midfield

Gökay Dincel - Right back

Mustafa Kurt - Right back

6 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Luxembourg

If you notice in the league table our and Swift's success in Europe has increased LUX's stature to the point where we get TWO Champions League qualification berths which is huge! I have a feeling at some point Swift will take the title back from us and then we will still have a reasonable path to get into at least the Europa league to continue growing the club. With this year's performance the BGL Ligue is up to 24th position and we hit 63. Swift are still higher ranked in continental points, but we're listed first when you view Luxembourg clubs by reputation! 

Also TV Deal is up to $5.2M now a year, how high can it go!?!

I'm really fascinated by this. I didn't know TV money moved like that. 

Logo_lok_leipzig.png.b9ae898e64eceb68ce4dd832af25b29c.png
1. FC Lokomotive Leipzig
Season review
Season 3 | 2025/2026

That was again a good season for us. More points than last season,  but a lower place in the league. I'm still very happy about this season, as we are now definitely good enough for the 2. Bundesliga. Topscorer was, again, Djamal Ziane. This guy is scoring goals for fun really. With 23 league goals he also became topscorer of the league. And he's 34 already, so this was probably his last season as our main striker. Some other good players this season were Julian Weigel, Luca Sirch, Osman Atilgan and Bogdan Rangelov. I also played a lot with Academy players this season. Prince Ondon 23d, Wenzel Watkowiak 24b, Karl-Heinz Peitz 25b, Marco Däbritz 24e, Nicholas Morgan 23e and Yaak Lul 23c got the most playing time. Some of them are developing really well.

In the Cup we lost in the Secound Round against Wolfsburg.

jMXhsNc.png

xbsuwad.png

eVYm5mk.jpg
QhORx70.png

Youth intake
The preview was very, very promising. But the intake itself was a bit underwhelming, to be honest. I expected more from this, after such a preview. Only 2 Elite Talents.

Spoiler

79NZUDF.png
ULeRuA3.png
Zfs0WzP.jpg5YQ4r5E.jpgEw8Vs3X.jpgk0CnXRy.jpg8OT9cug.jpg

So yeah, things are going very good at the moment. The club is growing, our players are getting better and better. But it feels like i'm a bit 'Germany-tired'. I really love this club and the progress of the save. But I'm not sure if I'll continue it right now, because I want something different then Germany. I'll take a short break from this save, and I'll come back for sure. But I don't know when.

Xh1sxFP.jpg

iTAICBp.jpg

8 hours ago, Daddy said:

I'm really fascinated by this. I didn't know TV money moved like that. 

It's a first for me as well. It seems to have been triggered with the league getting ranked in the top 50 in europe and reaching 2.5* "Fairly Good" Reputation, which just happened to occur at the end of the 20th season. Might also be linked to using a downloaded database where things that are fixed at certain values become variable after 20+ Seasons, but I have no experience with the editor. This season both Swift & and us are in Europa League and now Una Strassen is in the Conference League group stage, so the media money is only going to increase. I'll make sure to keep tracking it as I'm curious if there is an upper limit, or if we can push it into top league levels.

This season I'm really feeling the impact of the money improving the other high reputation clubs:

image.png.48217567f3d5a4af248612c5aecb737f.png

And the board are already upset about it:

image.png.90e4f6b2e6e5e5ad4031898497ba7c1d.png

The TV Deal may be my undoing...

1 minute ago, WhiteCat33 said:

It's a first for me as well. It seems to have been triggered with the league getting ranked in the top 50 in europe and reaching 2.5* "Fairly Good" Reputation, which just happened to occur at the end of the 20th season. Might also be linked to using a downloaded database where things that are fixed at certain values become variable after 20+ Seasons, but I have no experience with the editor. This season both Swift & and us are in Europa League and now Una Strassen is in the Conference League group stage, so the media money is only going to increase. I'll make sure to keep tracking it as I'm curious if there is an upper limit, or if we can push it into top league levels.

This season I'm really feeling the impact of the money improving the other high reputation clubs:

image.png.48217567f3d5a4af248612c5aecb737f.png

And the board are already upset about it:

image.png.90e4f6b2e6e5e5ad4031898497ba7c1d.png

The TV Deal may be my undoing...

TV money went up to 10m in my Andorra save and was a pain as all the other clubs went pro and started spending while I was still stuck with my rubbish intakes. I think you're right as there probably isn't a soft cap for editor files, but those that are licenced might have some cap. In Wales TV money is only about 100k after about the same length of time.

17 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

TV money went up to 10m in my Andorra save and was a pain as all the other clubs went pro and started spending while I was still stuck with my rubbish intakes. I think you're right as there probably isn't a soft cap for editor files, but those that are licenced might have some cap. In Wales TV money is only about 100k after about the same length of time.

I can only imagine how much of a nightmare 10M is, half that is turning this into a very difficult save. The big reason being the registration rules are so lax in luxembourg. Sure you can only have 9 foreign players, but French & Portuguese players count as domestic. And no surprise its easy to find cheap ones that are better than Luxembourgish players. If only the board would readjust their expectations to reflect the money...

Edited by WhiteCat33

1 minute ago, The7Striker said:

Thats harsh, Oriental back to Liga Bwin was going to be great. Still going to Portugal or taking a break from the league ?

Think I will try another league, Not sure where yet. May do England but Netherlands could be fun.

18 minutos atrás, hyrule_king disse:

Think I will try another league, Not sure where yet. May do England but Netherlands could be fun.

I see. Good luck :D

Netherlands this year its not possible to do in YAC. They dont have pro/rel in the second tier :(