• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
4 hours ago, eadebayo said:

Hey,

I wanted to buy fm23 on my new m2 macbook air and  before I made the purchase it said that the game was not supported by my device is this a bug or uts actually not supported on the new macbook air.

Where did it state exactly that the game was not supported on your device? 

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, MPeckham95 said:

Hi is my MacBook 1.6ghz dual core intel core i5 compatible for fm23 I don’t understand the tech stuff 

You'll need to give more detailed info on the spec - some of the older Macs aren't supported for FM.

5 minutes ago, BoxToBoxFM said:

Got my mac in lockdown, so probably a 2020 one (was new at the time) no idea what this m1 and m2 stuff is or what my mac is, but ran FM22 fine so presuming it will be fine for 23?

It will be indeed.

If you bought in 2020 you may have a MacBook with an Intel chip. In 2021 and 2022 Apple have started including their own chips, rather than intels, in their MacBooks. These were called M1 and M2 chips.

17 minutes ago, FelixForte said:

It will be indeed.

If you bought in 2020 you may have a MacBook with an Intel chip. In 2021 and 2022 Apple have started including their own chips, rather than intels, in their MacBooks. These were called M1 and M2 chips.

Always wondered what they were after hearing about them first a few weeks ago, thanks for pointing out. Hope FM don’t start only releasing on the M1 or M2 anytime soon otherwise a new laptop would have to be purchased😬

6 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

What processor and version of MacOS do you have?

3,1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5. OS is Catalina 10.15.7.  i5 was thumbs up in Neils post.

EDIT: Sorry. Obviously can't read. I'm updating my OS now. 

Edited by Ektor

It’s not letting me load the game. ‘An error has occurred while updating Football Manager’ (Unkown Error) 

My MacBook is mid 2012 MacBook Pro. I’ve played everyone one since 2012 on this. 

I’ve been looking online and it’s saying I would need to download Big Sur? But other places are saying that my MacBook wouldn’t support this.

Any ideas?

35 minutes ago, tomrawle91 said:

It’s not letting me load the game. ‘An error has occurred while updating Football Manager’ (Unkown Error) 

My MacBook is mid 2012 MacBook Pro. I’ve played everyone one since 2012 on this. 

I’ve been looking online and it’s saying I would need to download Big Sur? But other places are saying that my MacBook wouldn’t support this.

Any ideas?

Min spec for this year's edition is to have Big Sur OSX onwards. If that version of OSX isn't supported on your MacBook, it won't run on your MacBook I'm afraid.

The issue is.. there are a lot of Macs that can’t go past 10.15 (unless bought in the last 2 years)  I have i7, 16gb Ram , 1td SSD , but as I can’t upgrade past 10.15… FM23 is a no go for me now it seems 

Edited by c.wright86

I have a MacBook Air with an M1 chip and FM23 works perfectly. I initially had the download issue you had but I closed everything down, gave it an hour and went back then clicked download. Works perfectly. I will point out though my OS is version 12.6 though.

On 21/10/2022 at 21:07, c.wright86 said:

The issue is.. there are a lot of Macs that can’t go past 10.15 (unless bought in the last 2 years)  I have i7, 16gb Ram , 1td SSD , but as I can’t upgrade past 10.15… FM23 is a no go for me now it seems 

I bought the game as I have done since champ manager as my specs match it perfectly, actually better than minimum. Only realised after I’d installed it via steam that it won’t run. Absolutely gutted  my Mac plays Fm22 no problem and my database size is well over 120,000 players when I start the game and I’m into season 4 and still no issues! Confused why we need MACos 11 to run it? Now looking at a cheap gaming laptop so me and my Son can play the game 😩

On 22/10/2022 at 19:27, Matt_1979 said:

I got an M2 MacBook last month and it’s playing FM23 beautifully. 

Would love to know a bit more about this if possible, as I’m currently trying to decide between the entry level M2 Air or a more expensive MacBook Pro 14 M1.

A lot has been written about the M2 Air getting really hot during complex tasks (gaming included) and throttling speed to cope - have you noticed that?

What settings can you run the match engine on, and how many leagues/what size database can you run comfortably?

Thanks!

Hi Mate, Just to let you know, I'm running FM on a Mac Book Air M2, (macOS Monterey version 12.6), Running 19 Leagues from 6 Nations (Large DB). Graphics on Very high and it is running beautifully. Also have the Mac running on low power mode! so getting no overheat. FM runs on 4 star rating.

4 hours ago, shakey.bridge said:

Hi Mate, Just to let you know, I'm running FM on a Mac Book Air M2, (macOS Monterey version 12.6), Running 19 Leagues from 6 Nations (Large DB). Graphics on Very high and it is running beautifully. Also have the Mac running on low power mode! so getting no overheat. FM runs on 4 star rating.

Haven't used low power mode yet - will look into it 

8 hours ago, Nparms said:

Would love to know a bit more about this if possible, as I’m currently trying to decide between the entry level M2 Air or a more expensive MacBook Pro 14 M1.

A lot has been written about the M2 Air getting really hot during complex tasks (gaming included) and throttling speed to cope - have you noticed that?

What settings can you run the match engine on, and how many leagues/what size database can you run comfortably?

Thanks!

Hi. Well, things have changed a little.

I've had the Macbook Air M2 for a month now. It played FM22 with no problems - and it started to play FM23 with no problems. Then after a couple of days it started getting hot when the 3D match engine was in use. That was with everything on High.

As a result I dropped everything to medium but the graphics quality and its running fine again now. It warms up a little but nothing that I'm worried about. 

The current database is large with around 130k players.

5 hours ago, shakey.bridge said:

Just put it onto low power mode and it’s very juddery. Have you set the fps to anything?

5 hours ago, shakey.bridge said:

Hey mate, 

What's your game set up - which nations and which leagues?

14 hours ago, John Joe O'toole said:

Hey mate, 

What's your game set up - which nations and which leagues?

Hi Mate, My setup :- Nations England, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales and Poland with all leagues selected within these nations. Large DB. Very High Graphics. 

4 hours ago, John Joe O'toole said:

For anyone that's playing on MacBook Air 2020 M1 - What graphics setting are you playing on?

High

I can get away with very High if I put crowd and shadows on low but only for key highlights.  it gets hot and throttles real quick in longer highlights

4 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

High

I can get away with very High if I put crowd and shadows on low but only for key highlights.  it gets hot and throttles real quick in longer highlights

Thanks - when it throttles does it lag the match gameplay? 

also do you think it gets hotter on fm23 than it did fm22?

2 minutes ago, John Joe O'toole said:

Thanks - when it throttles does it lag the match gameplay? 

also do you think it gets hotter on fm23 than it did fm22?

Yes

about the same

edit - mine is the base model

Edited by Brother Ben

17 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Your Mac does not meet minimum specifications to run FM23.

You need M1 CPU and iOS 11 (or higher).

You don't need the M1, it will still run on the old Intel models.  But MacOS 11 or higher is essential.

Hey guys,

looking for some assistance. Will my Mac run FM23, also to the best of your knowledge what do you think I could get away playing wise, amount of leagues, size of DB kinda thing. (Understand this is a really tough one to answer)

As always much appreciated!

79D5D888-A27A-4A5D-BF03-DDB1733F1CC3.jpeg

On 03/11/2022 at 18:45, TheScottish42 said:

Hey guys,

looking for some assistance. Will my Mac run FM23, also to the best of your knowledge what do you think I could get away playing wise, amount of leagues, size of DB kinda thing. (Understand this is a really tough one to answer)

As always much appreciated!

79D5D888-A27A-4A5D-BF03-DDB1733F1CC3.jpeg

Seems like it would.

You'd have to try it out in the Demo or I don't know if it's too late to sign up for the BETA.

There's way to tell you how many leagues etc it would run.

@Brother Benhas a benchmark thread here

Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12vp32qrHivL-_auW9D0pp-F7ZvrvQlqtBgfcSOL8n5I/edit#gid=159596069

Closest one to yours is the one in 61st position.

Suggests it would do ok.

How many leagues/database size -.... that's up to you ... 

It's subjective to what you consider to be fast/slow.

50 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Seems like it would.

You'd have to try it out in the Demo or I don't know if it's too late to sign up for the BETA.

There's way to tell you how many leagues etc it would run.

@Brother Benhas a benchmark thread here

Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12vp32qrHivL-_auW9D0pp-F7ZvrvQlqtBgfcSOL8n5I/edit#gid=159596069

Closest one to yours is the one in 61st position.

Suggests it would do ok.

How many leagues/database size -.... that's up to you ... 

It's subjective to what you consider to be fast/slow.

Thank you for this! 

Yeah I was getting this for the ps5 but needing a 90min sub to change the game lol regarding the leagues/database am easy. Just looking for that happy medium. Know my system won’t run anywhere near to top half. But just a couple of leagues maybe 5/8 possible 10! 

But again thanks, have a great day day.