Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, VP. said:

Wonder if anyone watching whether actually at the ceremony or on TV has any idea what this women is talking about.

I think I must be watching a different channel to you - there's no woman talking on this one - just a bit of a voiceover and the ceremony:D

Just now, mrw072 said:

I think I must be watching a different channel to you - there's no woman talking on this one - just a bit of a voiceover and the ceremony:D

Was Baroness Scotland I believe, though she finished not long after I posted in here.

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

Where did they pull that estimate from? :D 

They think nearly half the entire world's population watched Princess Diana's funeral?

I'd bet it wasn't far away from that.  With these things people who wouldn't normally think of watching something like that, or today's ceremony usually do.

6 minutes ago, mrw072 said:

I'd bet it wasn't far away from that.  With these things people who wouldn't normally think of watching something like that, or today's ceremony usually do.

I would be very, very sceptical of that number. 'Only' half the population of the UK watched her funeral, and they're saying more than an extra 2 billion people from around the world did? Nah :D 

Do they realise how big a number a billion is?!

Edited by Weezer

Looking at the TV Guide, every channel is showing the funeral or something related to the Queen (all BBC channels, all ITV channels, all Sky channels, the History channel, etc. are showing the funeral, Channel 4 showing royal documentaries) except Channel 5, which is showing The Emoji Movie. And honestly, I'm not sure which is worse.

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

I would be very, very sceptical of that number. 'Only' half the population of the UK watched her funeral, and they're saying more than an extra 2 billion people from around the world did? Nah :D 

Do they realise how big a number a billion is?!

In addition US figures for Diana’s funeral were just over 30M (about 11/12% of the population) There’s no way the funeral was watched live by 2B people. 3-400M would be a more reasonable number. (Even then I suspect I might be on the high side of reality.)