Tug's Training 2009

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

How long doe sit usually take for attributes to start increasing? my players have a lot of yellow/green arrows on the training screen, but it has not yet translated to attribute increases. ive probably been on the schedules for 3 months so far after making the change mid season.

also, do youth players benefit from staying on a youth schedule as long as possible, or is it best to get them training with the big boys asap?

Hey Tug_NCFC...

I'm managing Norwich City, Season 1 but i'm not doing well at all...

Im sitting in 20th place after 16 game's

I use your training schedule, I'm not saying that it's your schedule that's making me lose it's probs my tacics or something, But iv'e noticed my player stats aren't improving they are getting worse. Is this because im losing games? or should they improve despite Winning/Losing?

Any help Thankss :)

They should improve even if you are losing. At Norwich most of your players are at their max potential so the stats have to drop a bit before they can go up again, ie. Strikers have to lose some Marking or Tackling before they can gain and Finishing.

My question about this training is Tug what do you do when a player says he is unhappy with the high workload? Just ignore them like I have been with my great youngsters and sell the older ones off?

No offense TUG but this schedule completely messed up my season. WAY too many injuries and not enough green arrows to show for it. I'm going back to my old schedules. (I have an individual training program for each player - Each player has so many different needs that this is the only way to do it in my opinion)...

Thanks anyway!

I have a question about the intensities. As they seem to be high is this risky about causing players to get upset and causing injuries for a club in League One. What your opinion. Should I lower the intensities or keep them on what Tugs has them. Thanks by the way Tugs, found they brilliantly useful on FM08.

Can someone please explain to me the differences between the 'Defenders' schedule and 'Full Backs.' I am not completely sure I understand the difference between the two and what type of defenders should be placed in what schedule. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone please explain to me the differences between the 'Defenders' schedule and 'Full Backs.' I am not completely sure I understand the difference between the two and what type of defenders should be placed in what schedule. Thanks!

I am confused aswell, someone please clarify :D

Thug, what would be Your comment on that injury problem?

(Into the last half of the season and have 5 of first 11 injured - main GK, star winger, midfield playmaker and both regular attackers. That did have a downtrend on my results, caused me league title).

Can anybody confirm that injuries comes ONLY with Thugs training? Maybe 9.2 is so injury prone?

Maybe it's just me overlooking something, but I have the same problem as some you have. - Regarding the youth training.

I'm not able to assign any of my youth players to the youth-schedule. They can only be assigned among the senior players, I've tried both full-time youth players as well as youth players on a youth contract.

I noticed a few of you asking about the same thing, but I haven't seen anyone answering yet.

So, what makes my youth players unavailable to the youth-schedule?

How can it be fixed?

I really hope some of you out there have sorted out this problem.

Thank you for helping us out here.. :)

Some things to keep in mind, Tugs Training is very intense, you might want to pull the intensity down a tad or try use the 08 ones who are a bit less intense.

Otherwise I don't know if its because of the training but I noticed that some players lose a lot of stats for no apparent reason, might be the combination of overplay/holiday/intense training though.

The injuries are ok, I didn't notice any big change but then again I use a combination of tugs training 08 and 09.

Anyway anyone else notice big stats drops without injury or jadeness?

Is there any reason that you dont use intensive on shooting for attackers? I have my own schedules that work well but thought id give others ago to see if i got even better results. I always assumed that full intensity on shooting was a must.. is this not the case?

To Shizzle:

I do sometimes but it's rather rare in general. I am using Tug's training and the results are sometimes a bit inconsistent. I have a few players that develop to godly status, while some are pretty average. I guess it's really working for some, and not for others. That said, I am hoping that a few potential quality players can make the mark eventually.

^yeah noticed that too, bought Giovanni dos Santos of off Tottenham in the second season and he was rated as ''ok'' and was backup at tottenham.

After 2 seasons his worth went up from 5 mil to 33,5 mil and he became worldclass.

Seriously,he improved like crazy, my coaches told me he had the potential to be a good player(low Ca due to him not playing at Tottenham) but now he is considered one of the best players at the club???

I'm thinking the stat drops are down to natural fitness, how much games the player played professionalism etc.

Also about the players not improving, if they don't have the potential or mental stats or play time they won't get better doesn't matter how good the training is.

Compare Ronaldinho to Kaka, Ronaldinho has bad mental stats and is useless aged 30+ while Kaka can be still worldclass at 35....

I've used Tug's schedules since he started offering them and they've always done well for me. I am however sticking with TT08, simply because it's working fine for me on FM09 as well as it did for FM08 and my "if it ain't broke" mentality. :) The huge amount of trial and error of setting up my own schedule was something I found frustrating, so great respect to TUG (and others on the forum) who've taken the time to upload theirs. I understand more about training through their work and can quite happily work with their schedules as a platform for making any suitable monor adjustments where needed.

Something important to clarify though, especially to those who have players who might not seem to be doing well - it's not only a good training schedule that aids the development of a player. There's lot's of other factors involved as well. These are worth considering before thinking "this schedule is poop" and having a go at the creator.

1ST TEAM EXPERIENCE - Players grow better plating 1st team football, be it for your team or on loan at a decent club with good facilities and either at the same level or just below. This has been proven in countless "research" threads on the forums through each release of FM. It's perhaps one of the most important parts of a players growth.

INJURIES - Pretty obvious, but players who are either "injury prone" or have been unfortunate enough to suffer lengthy injuries will have interrupted progress in their development. Main advice here is to reduce intensity of training.

INTENSITY - Some players don't do well with intense training. This can be caused by the "hidden" stats that you'll only get an indication of by looking at their character. "Unambitious" or "Unprofessional" players for example, may be harder to train effectively because they don't give much effort. Players who are "Ambitious", "Determined" or "Professional", will usually gain attributes faster. Also worth bearing in mind, is that often, younger players may generally be better concentrating on the more technical aspects of their game with more intensity than the physical. This is something that's been found a few times in past releases due to player "burn out" due to too much physical emphasis at an early age.

POTENTIAL ABILITY vs CURRENT ABILITY - Again these are hidden attributes (unless using an editor), but indications are given in the game by coaches and staff about the current and potential ability of a player by their "star" ratings. A player with a low star rating for potential and the coach suggests "...is unlikely to improve much..." will not gain many attribute points more than he's already got. Alternatively, you may see a player with a low current ability star rating, but high potential stars. Providing their characters are good, they get first team experience (both pointed out above), then in theory they should develop well.

There are probably other factors that I can think of off the top of my head, but certainly the one's I've listed are very important to consider with ANY training schedule.

Regards, Heath

PS - Thanks for taking the time again to share your work Tug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What has that got to do with training, if they're being injured in-game? :confused:

The training is too heavy, so when the game comes they get injured easily.

I had a good training program, then 9.3 came out and I started getting 1 major injury per game.

I had to decrease the workload, I'm not sure what the optimum level is yet.

What has that got to do with training, if they're being injured in-game? :confused:

Ingame injuries can be (and are) directly linked to training intensity. This also takes into account a players susceptability to injury.

Their are other factors that and i could discuss in great detail - but to keep it short and a general hard and fast rule

The heavier the schedule, the higher the likelyhood of an ingame injury (as a basic rule) Try to maintain a balanced schedule with the intensity slider always sitting in the meduim range.

Players already prone to injury and still training heavily will suffer more freqeuntly obviously.

There are obvious exceptions to this rule however - like a freak injury.

Think of it like this...

If YOU were training heavily, day in, day out, without a rest - you would not go into a game 100%. You would be aching and tired from the hectic training schdule during the week. You would tire in the game more quickly then a balanced trained and rested player. You wouldnt last as long as a balanced trained player (all fitness stats being equal).

As we all know, fatigue lends itself to injury - ingame and IRL.

• 3 weeks later...

Great schedule, i get very few injuries so i don't understand what's all the talk about that is.

But.. My wingers and fullbacks seems to not develop. Have anyone else noticed that or is it just bad luck for me?

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me why am not able to run the training. It comes up as can not run file extension tsh and I tried downloading a program thats meant to solve it but same error keeps coming up. Any help would be appreciated greatly

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, sorry for the lack of updates over the past months... Uni work and a more active personal life has reduced my FM playing time right down. I try to answer any emails I get about the schedules, however I don't really check on all the individual threads I've made so much any more.

I've tweaked the TT09 schedules a bit to come up with a set of TT10 schedules for FM10, and myself and a few others have been testing them out on the Gold demo. These schedules are available to download now from the usual website: www.tugstraining.co.nr and I'll be making a new thread on here tomorrow once I've been out and bought the game. They've been working quite well, but if you would rather stick to what you know, the old schedules from 09 are still available and still work. I'd imagine the 08 ones do also if you prefer them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...