Tug's Training 2009

Tug's Training 2009 is the 4th edition of a training schedule that has graced your copies of Football Manager since November 2005. It is highly regarded around the FM scene and has hundreds of thousands of downloads to date.

This edition like it's predecessors has not had rigorous testing and only builds upon the successes of older versions. You can use this thread and/or my email address to give feedback (positive or negative) that will hopefully lead to updated and more successful versions of the training.

Screenshot

This training schedule was made by me Mark Tugwell, and may not be redistributed without my permission. Please direct Feedback, Comments, Hate mail and death threats to either: tugmyster@gmail.com or simply reply to this thread.

WHAT'S CHANGED IN THIS VERSION?

• Fast Striker and Tall Striker Schedules merged, proving more effective.
  • Training Intensity of all schedules modified slightly.
  • A closer look at the training frameworks to hopefully make this training more successful than ever.
  • General improvements and adaptations to all areas for FM2009.

NOTE: At the moment there are no part time schedules, but they will hopefully follow shortly.

WHERE SHOULD I TRAIN MY PLAYERS?

If you think you have a player who doesn't fit into any of the schedules, put him where your best judgment says you should put him. For example If you have a left back who plays very attacking football, you might prefer to train him as a midfielder or even a winger. Also, if one of your Strikers is more of a flair based player, you might fancy training them on the attacking midfielder regime.

NOTE: I use these schedules as an improvement on the default FM schedules, if you have a player who needs a lot of work in a certain area, copy their schedule and tinker with it. Eg. a well developed player who has disappointingly low pace, might benefit from a lower intensity on certain parts of his training in aid of more intense Aerobic training. Play around with them, training can be important!

MY PLAYERS ARE GETTING TIRED!

Occasionally, you may want to rest your players, perhaps nearer to the latter stages of the season.

Or sometimes just clicking down the training intensity a few pegs can help a bit.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Download the files and then copy them to:

(My) Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\Schedules

If you don't have a Schedules folder, simply create one.

When you're on the training screen in game, click on Edit training, go to import, select the Training files and click OK one file at a time.

Download link:

http://www.freewebs.com/tugstraining

If you have any difficulties obtaining the schedules, then email me/reply to this thread and I'll help you get hold of them.

Many Thanks,

Mark x

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tug, with height having absolutely no bearing on the match engine - how do you define the tall striker? Jumping/heading?

There's only one schedule this time round and it's a general Striker schedule, no more Tall/Fast!

willz - I'll hopefully be making a part time set of schedules soon, but you could always try your hand at making your own in the mean time :)

@Infonote

lapsus there, it's not a tactic, its trainings :D as far as I know you should put wing backs on full backs or I've also heard by Tug perhaps in the past that you can put wing backs on def mids training, but he'll tell ya better

@Brian

there's nothing to run here lol, u need to save the file(s) to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\schedules

and if you dont have a schedules folder be sure to create one then