The Unofficial French League Superthread FM2021

image.png.d0c3b983e56f199a0a0c8e10344ee70b.pngimage.jpeg.402f0a10cb5bee391bd1cb99bfd83b62.jpeg

I am back again after this thread was very popular on FM2020. 

Lots of great French teams to manage with sexy kits as well.

I know this aint the best opening post for a thread but I just simply added it so people can post their French League experiences on FM2021.

I am starting a save with Lille who have an amazing squad and great recruitment process at the club.

image.png.7b1aa2313cd305e13d39ce37ee157475.png

Here is the best line up according to my coaching staff.

image.thumb.png.83d03955e54ef1f395c73632cddcbab1.png

Here is the FM20 thread - 

@Jogo Bonito has done some awesome previous French League threads. Here they are if anyone wants to have a look for inspiration.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/363320-fm16-french-football-joie-de-vivre/

https://community.sigames.com/topic/390628-fm17-french-football-thread/

@warlock @OlivierL @quee @Hootieleece @karanhsingh @Welshace and the great man himself @Jogo Bonito I am looking forward to your contributions if you choose to do a French league save at some point this year.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Welshace said:

....Just how many saves are you doing this week mate? :lol:

My name is Ronald Beckham and I am a FM2021 save addict lol.

I had 4 saves going with West Brom, West Ham, Bologna & Racing Santander. I would do a season with one and then do a season with one of the other teams but I got bored of my Racing Santander save so I replaced it with a Lille save.

So I have 4 saves going lol.

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

My name is Ronald Beckham and I am a FM2021 save addict lol.

I had 4 saves going with West Brom, West Ham, Bologna & Racing Santander. I would do a season with one and then do a season with one of the other teams but I got bored of my Racing Santander save so I replaced it with a Lille save.

So I have 4 saves going lol.

Haha, i mean i can't say too much.. i keep starting saves and not getting past pre season or even into pre season in some cases....  I'll get there though :)

Just now, Welshace said:

Haha, i mean i can't say too much.. i keep starting saves and not getting past pre season or even into pre season in some cases....  I'll get there though :)

Yeah I can do a season quite quickly. I have all the intentions to do a long term save but I get bored easily. I do enjoy long term saves as they are usually my favorite.

I have done 2 seasons with Bologna and plan to do more seasons with them WBA and West Ham.

Lille Season 1 So Far

Transfers Out

As always I try get rid of the old and rubbish players so out went Jose Fonte, Jeremy Pied, Burak Yilmaz, Orestis Karnezis and Adama Soumaro. Bringing in just under £6m into the tranfer budget.

Transfers In

I have signed quite a few players as usual but a lot of them are projects to loan out and maybe make money off some of them.

Here are my main transfers in.

Anel Ahmedhodzic - £5m from Malmo

image.thumb.png.2d0f19e265800054f27fd9e26815b936.png

A very solid defender who is very well known on the forums. A bargain at £5m.

Thiago Almada - £7.5m from Velez

image.thumb.png.376de20fb5750049fd8d7e4b73a37e91.png

Thiago "The New Messi Version 10" Almada another well know wonderkid who has always done well for me whenever I have managed him.

Nicolas Nkoulou - £3m from Torino

image.thumb.png.897d25b590c1fa83435985abc066c78f.png

I need a sold experienced central defender and he ticked them boxes, Nkoulou has great Bravery, Determination and with Fairly Determined personality he should be a good mentor as well.

I am currently top of the league after 4 games played with 4 wins.

image.thumb.png.1d3474c2fd518a4b7bf34b2b7f6f6fa1.png

Jonathan David has been brilliant so far for Lille with 4 goals from 4 games.

image.thumb.png.96ce6c12a6cf2dd0dcef0b32dfd13971.png

I have never heard of Xeka before I started this save but the Portuguese DLP has been amazing with 5 assists so far.

image.thumb.png.bc69cd362bff6e4a086c1467efdb091f.png

I will keep you all posted. Next update will be in January.

Thanks for reading.

32 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

@Ronaldo Beckham I will probably return to France once I tired of My "Rest of the World Journeyman Save" I am currently in South Africa after stops in India and Hong Kong.

There are a few good French Saves already going....

These are interesting French Saves.....

Yeah I have been reading them. I appreciate you contributing. I look forward to seeing who you decide to pick on your first French league save.

34 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I have been reading them. I appreciate you contributing. I look forward to seeing who you decide to pick on your first French league save.

Since Clermont has been done...I probably won't return for another "Crusade"!

Finally a thread! I'm in S3 with Lille. This save really appealed to me with the amount of talented youngsters, healthy financial situation, good facilities, and of course the challenge to stop PSG's dominance and to push Ligue 1 up the European coefficients.

First season was a little hit and miss, I signed Andrea Papetti, Victor Nelsson and Nicholas Nkoulou to bolster a weak looking defence. Started off shakey, struggling to string two wins together, however I had signed striker Brenner from Sao Paulo in January and climbed the table to finish 4th. 

Second season was entirely different. I had somehow managed to sign Sandro Tonali for only £11.5m after he had flopped (!) at Milan, who formed a formidable midfield partnership with Renato Sanches. Angel Gomes came back from his loan spell at Boavista and was like a brand new signing aswell. Having sold Celik in season 1 to raise funds to buy Brenner, full-backs had been a problem, so in came Angelino from Man City and eventually in January Emerson from Barcelona on loan, who proved to be a real coup. I had also captured centre-back Julian Chabot from Sampdoria who has been a revelation, and having sold Timothy Weah to Crystal Palace, replaced him with Justin Kluivert. We won 21 of our last 23 league games after a steady start, and finished the season on 96 points, certainly an achievement I didn't expect to achieve. However PSG were untouchable and won the league with 100 points.

In the third season now, I've added Yari Verschaeren, Zinchenko (loan), Emerson (loan again) and Juan Foyth (loan), depth is especially important this season due to the congestion caused by the World Cup in the winter. Currently top after 9 games, finding the Champions League a little rough though with a group of Man City, Atleti, and Atalanta! This is how I line up now - 

GK - Maignan

Emerson (WB) Chabot (BPD) Papetti (CB) Angelino (WB)

Sanches (BBM) Tonali (DLP)

Ikone (IF) Verschaeren (AP) Gomes/Bamba/Kluivert (IW)

Brenner (AF)

1 hour ago, red and white said:

Finally a thread! I'm in S3 with Lille. This save really appealed to me with the amount of talented youngsters, healthy financial situation, good facilities, and of course the challenge to stop PSG's dominance and to push Ligue 1 up the European coefficients.

First season was a little hit and miss, I signed Andrea Papetti, Victor Nelsson and Nicholas Nkoulou to bolster a weak looking defence. Started off shakey, struggling to string two wins together, however I had signed striker Brenner from Sao Paulo in January and climbed the table to finish 4th. 

Second season was entirely different. I had somehow managed to sign Sandro Tonali for only £11.5m after he had flopped (!) at Milan, who formed a formidable midfield partnership with Renato Sanches. Angel Gomes came back from his loan spell at Boavista and was like a brand new signing aswell. Having sold Celik in season 1 to raise funds to buy Brenner, full-backs had been a problem, so in came Angelino from Man City and eventually in January Emerson from Barcelona on loan, who proved to be a real coup. I had also captured centre-back Julian Chabot from Sampdoria who has been a revelation, and having sold Timothy Weah to Crystal Palace, replaced him with Justin Kluivert. We won 21 of our last 23 league games after a steady start, and finished the season on 96 points, certainly an achievement I didn't expect to achieve. However PSG were untouchable and won the league with 100 points.

In the third season now, I've added Yari Verschaeren, Zinchenko (loan), Emerson (loan again) and Juan Foyth (loan), depth is especially important this season due to the congestion caused by the World Cup in the winter. Currently top after 9 games, finding the Champions League a little rough though with a group of Man City, Atleti, and Atalanta! This is how I line up now - 

GK - Maignan

Emerson (WB) Chabot (BPD) Papetti (CB) Angelino (WB)

Sanches (BBM) Tonali (DLP)

Ikone (IF) Verschaeren (AP) Gomes/Bamba/Kluivert (IW)

Brenner (AF)

Has any of Lille's youngsters from season 1 come through for you and done well ?

I am currently in season 1 with Lille. They have one hell of a squad at the start.

This'll be interesting to compare progress. I'm genuinely really enjoying this save. I think it helps when you try and make it a long term thing and actually keep a bit of a diary (well, thread) on what's happened. It was reading a thread on here that prompted it essentially.

2 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I broke down today after commenting on this forum. I have started a French save....

I will be tracking it in this thread: 

Feel Free to read and comment.... 

Excellent news. I really enjoyed your Clemont save last year. I look forward to seeing how you do with Grenoble. 

26 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I broke down today after commenting on this forum. I have started a French save....

I will be tracking it in this thread: 

Feel Free to read and comment.... 

They're Annecy's local rivals. Always pulls in our biggest crowd of the season.

1 hour ago, Dan1884 said:

They're Annecy's local rivals. Always pulls in our biggest crowd of the season.

I thought Clermont and Lyon were our rivals...I guess I will recheck the Info screen!

Edited by Hootieleece

22 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I thought Clermont and Lyon were our rivals...I guess I will recheck the Info screen!

I think it's a bit one way unfortunately. I think it would grow a bit as a rivalry though in the circumstances that have happened on my save - frequently the only local games both sides ever play.

Great to see this thread getting going. I've just begun a first Ligue 1 save in a while with Montpellier! I nearly went with Nantes, and was tempted by St Etienne, both with some great young talent, but I was quite surprised how solid (but not that deep) the squad is at Montpellier.

Savanier, Mollet, and Ferri fit almost exactly what I'm looking for as an initial midfield trio to replicate a set of tactics derived from Pep's false 8's. Couple very promising young players on the fringe of the starting 11 as well, great team colors, and a 43 year-old team captain who might actually be my best CB. :eek:

And if that wasn't enough... Montpellier are scheduled to move in to a brand new 30,000 seat stadium in 2022. A team on the up!

Just settling in to my first day on the job... reviewing staff contracts, getting new coaches and scouts, and establishing the urgent transfer needs and shortlists.... a better intro to follow soon!

4 hours ago, acmilano112000 said:

Great to see this thread getting going. I've just begun a first Ligue 1 save in a while with Montpellier! I nearly went with Nantes, and was tempted by St Etienne, both with some great young talent, but I was quite surprised how solid (but not that deep) the squad is at Montpellier.

Savanier, Mollet, and Ferri fit almost exactly what I'm looking for as an initial midfield trio to replicate a set of tactics derived from Pep's false 8's. Couple very promising young players on the fringe of the starting 11 as well, great team colors, and a 43 year-old team captain who might actually be my best CB. :eek:

And if that wasn't enough... Montpellier are scheduled to move in to a brand new 30,000 seat stadium in 2022. A team on the up!

Just settling in to my first day on the job... reviewing staff contracts, getting new coaches and scouts, and establishing the urgent transfer needs and shortlists.... a better intro to follow soon!

Hopefully you can replicate their success and win the French league title again.

Montipeller, Nantes and St Etienne were teams I considered before I went with Lille.

I will definitely be doing a save with St Etienne at some point as they have a nice squad.

I just got my first youth intake with Lille and I love how many different nations there is. 

image.thumb.png.e9f512106eeba6ff8be7002563f5d3c9.png

Mohamed Soumahoro is my best prospect. The French midfielder looks a very good prospect.

image.thumb.png.347e4db29bece2922bbd6c8a1b2506e2.png

I got a very good left back from Central Africa in Armel Koyagbia

image.thumb.png.96aae2c062a371769f30a4da771d1908.png

My final top prospect is Brazilan defender Murilo Jefferson. 

image.thumb.png.d0def185ff5ebea88f9000d5f080ca21.png

I am currently 3rd in the league but nowhere near catching up with 2nd place Marseille who have 8 points more then me and PSG who are 1st and have a whopping 21 points more then me.

image.thumb.png.1e224b42dca7676424948664906699f2.png

On loan striker Sam Lammer is currently my top scorer with 10 goals so far. I don't rate him much and I shall not be extending his loan after this season.

image.thumb.png.31440d59edd59d41cf7f75ff9ed61255.png

Here is my squad sorted by most goals for the club this season.

image.thumb.png.89198e844345f7a5931c6fcadad0bd35.png

How are you getting Nkoulou for £3 mil? Plus he wants an outragious wage. And there is no room in the wage budget for Lille... 

Seems like a challenge to say the least.

Edited by Gungner

1 hour ago, Gungner said:

How are you getting Nkoulou for £3 mil? Plus he wants an outragious wage. And there is no room in the wage budget for Lille... 

From the players he sold around £115k was added to the wage budget is my guess.

7 hours ago, Gungner said:

I also bought Nkoulou in S1, Torino transfer list him for £3m. Had to ask the board to negotiate his contract though!

Season 3 and I have won Ligue 1 with Lille, earlier than I had expected to. Luckily for me PSG were very inconsistent, and kept losing stupid games. Brenner has been insane with 36 league goals in 34 games. Unfortunately though, I can't crack Europe, with a group stage exit from the CL before a defeat to PSV in the Europa. That's my next challenge.

8 hours ago, Gungner said:

Yeah I was surprised as well.

6 hours ago, MrSundlofer said:

From the players he sold around £115k was added to the wage budget is my guess.

Yeah I think you are right as I had a few older players on decent wages.

1 hour ago, red and white said:

I also bought Nkoulou in S1, Torino transfer list him for £3m. Had to ask the board to negotiate his contract though!

Season 3 and I have won Ligue 1 with Lille, earlier than I had expected to. Luckily for me PSG were very inconsistent, and kept losing stupid games. Brenner has been insane with 36 league goals in 34 games. Unfortunately though, I can't crack Europe, with a group stage exit from the CL before a defeat to PSV in the Europa. That's my next challenge.

Well done winning the French League. I hope to replicate your success.

Is anybody else having a problem with their U19s squad? Is there a way to enter a league? Some of you may not have this issue as you managed bigger clubs from the start but my U19s just play friendlies against rubbish all year, they whack them 8-0 every game and I don't think it really helps them playing against rubbish all the time?

When we get to Ligue 1, I do intend to set up a new feeder club.

Started a save with Lille OSC. 
It's challenging do to their finances, but I'll give it a go. 

I sold José Fonte as he was 36 and didn't want to sign a new contract. 

In came Anel Ahmedhozic from Malmö and Nicolas Nkoulou from Torino. Matias Arezo is joining in January. 

In the league, 7 games played and I'm sitting 3rd behind PSG and Lyon. 

My Europa League group consists of myself, Olympiakos, Feyenoord and Leicester. 

2 hours ago, Gungner said:

Started a save with Lille OSC. 
It's challenging do to their finances, but I'll give it a go. 

I sold José Fonte as he was 36 and didn't want to sign a new contract. 

In came Anel Ahmedhozic from Malmö and Nicolas Nkoulou from Torino. Matias Arezo is joining in January. 

In the league, 7 games played and I'm sitting 3rd behind PSG and Lyon. 

My Europa League group consists of myself, Olympiakos, Feyenoord and Leicester. 

Have you literalluy copied me lol. I signed Ahmedhozic, Nkoulou and Arezo as well in my Lille save lol.

I think we all go for the same players on here after a while lol.

I hope they do well for you.

15 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Have you literalluy copied me lol. I signed Ahmedhozic, Nkoulou and Arezo as well in my Lille save lol.

I think we all go for the same players on here after a while lol.

I hope they do well for you.

Haha, I always sign Ahmedhozic and Arezo if I can afford them. 

I dont know if its a waste of time.....

But is it worth managing PSG?

My reasoning is, ive had a tough time on the game over the last month and could do with the relief of an easier job.

My objective is to build a galactico era and achieve some ambitous goals:

• Win every trophy in a season
  • Back to back champions leagues
  • An invincible season

Obviously PSG are extremely strong so from a challenge perspective its perhaps a little dull

Just wondered everyones thoughts?

2 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

My reasoning is, ive had a tough time on the game over the last month and could do with the relief of an easier job.

• An invincible season

Obviously PSG are extremely strong so from a challenge perspective its perhaps a little dull

I personally think you would get bored very quickly. You could always do a short term save with them for a season or 2. PSG have some very good young players coming through so you could always try doing a Youth only save with them and see if you can win everything without signing anyone.

6 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

• An invincible season

Sure why not, they have a very good youth system and never won the Champions League. I am doing the same with City now.

I am doing a save with Paris FC (also have a Roma going but gets 2 easy 2 fast). Really a fun save! I love France as a country, and Paris is one of my favourite cities i have ever been to.

I have signed some famous old players, who really do a job for me in Ligue 2. 

Oumar Niasse came as a free transfer and is doing quitee nicely. I also signed Yaya Toure on a 6 month contract 2 back up. 

I will focus a lot on young players (hopefully from the academy and i will upgrade it alot), and african players. So fun so far. 

image.thumb.png.5676d9462663096d70b3cd5c16fd6b66.png

image.thumb.png.7c734e247821c85be82c8b86b38c64b1.png

I will post a small update as well on my Paris FC save.

After a rough start it have gone really well. My 2 strikers are playing good at that keeps me alive. 2 years in a row, i have gotten a top prospect from my aca. 

Any recommendations for my 2 regens?

image.thumb.png.a268b178bdd645eca0a0f37ab11a9e38.png

image.thumb.png.9a55949e6eca21594ae455b67abe5dbb.png

image.thumb.png.fa4e07ba63e0900a7da3f22a14fa546d.png

image.thumb.png.f9354830475bf8c3f0bff97f8c03d026.png

image.thumb.png.32b24e211c20860463c2c5a727413b90.png

image.png

What do you guys do when you have 25 players on your 2nd team and they dont play in a league? Do you loan out all of them or is it enough for them just to play 30 friendlies pr season?

I've just started a Paris FC save and I have double cover for every position in my 1st team, and then double cover for the 2nd team as well, waaay to many players!

3 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

What do you guys do when you have 25 players on your 2nd team and they dont play in a league? Do you loan out all of them or is it enough for them just to play 30 friendlies pr season?

I've just started a Paris FC save and I have double cover for every position in my 1st team, and then double cover for the 2nd team as well, waaay to many players!

I create Friendlies for my 2nd team if the @nd Team coach isn't and I loan out any the staff recommend.