FM21 Performance Benchmarking Thread

1 hour ago, ScrambledEgg said:

Just the availability isn’t great though otherwise I’d have built a Ryzen system, Intel 11th gen desktop CPUs are released early in 2021 so we’ll probably see them back at the top of the performance charts for real world usage (ie not just synthetic benchmarks). Really good for consumers that the competition between AMD and Intel is so good though finally.

And Apple now as well. I know will never affect the Windows space, but Intel have just lost out on quite a big user base with how these M1 chips are doing.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, itsmb8 said:

Looking at this thread makes me wish I wasnt a broke college kid so I could build a 5900X system.  Those times are incredible.

We’ve all been there mate, although I’m not saying buying a top end Ryzen wouldn’t be something I could do on a whim, but there hasn’t been much to spend money on this year.

4 hours ago, craiigman said:

And Apple now as well. I know will never affect the Windows space, but Intel have just lost out on quite a big user base with how these M1 chips are doing.

I must admit I balked at Apple when they ditched Intel, given the loyal user base I thought they were just doing it to make more money safe in the knowledge people would still buy their laptops but I was proved totally wrong. They even seem to do a better job of emulating apps written for Intel than Intel themselves lol

• SI Staff
30 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

Fast RAM makes quite a huge difference! Thanks for this!

It will much more for AMD than Intel, as the RAM clock impacts the frequency synchronisation between the 2 "sides" of the processor (chiplets)

Type:  PC

Model: Custom

CPU Model: AMD 3950x

CPU Base Frequency: 3.5GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.7 GHz

RAM: 32GB

RAM Clockspeed: 3600Mhz CL18

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1050 Ti - 4GB

Graphics Level in 3D: Medium

Storage Type: SSD

Benchmark A: 01 min 53 Sec

Benchmark B: 08 min 16 Sec

Benchmark C: 09 min 30 Sec

Benchmark D: 15 min 02 Sec

RAM really gives a slight performance-gain. So IMO it's worth to activate the XMP-Profile in the Bios:)

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Daveincid:

Type:  PC

Model: Custom

CPU Model: AMD 3950x

CPU Base Frequency: 3.5GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.7 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 3600Mhz CL18

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1050 Ti - 4GB

Graphics Level in 3D: Medium

Benchmark A: 01 min 53 Sec

Benchmark B: 08 min 16 Sec

Benchmark C: 09 min 30 Sec

Benchmark D: 15 min 02 Sec

RAM really gives a slight performance-gain. So IMO it's worth to activate the XMP-Profile in the Bios:)

Wow, Benchmark D doesn't look so much worse than 5900X.

12 hours ago, judicious said:

Type: Laptop

Model: MSI GS66 Stealth

CPU Model: i7 - 10750H

CPU Base Frequency: 2.6GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 5.00 GHz

RAM: 16GB

RAM Clockspeed: 2666Mhz

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060 - 6GB

Graphics Level in 3D: High

Benchmark A: 03 min 00 Sec

Benchmark B: 13 min 44 Sec

Benchmark C: 18 min 56 Sec

I must admit I was expecting better results for this laptop, especially since having browsed through the thread I found SBII's results below which are a lot better.

I know the GPU is different and that on paper the RTX 2070 Max-Q is better than the RTX 2060 but my understanding is there is very little in it so any ideas as to the difference in results? Also my (admittedly limited) understanding of how this works is that the GPU should have minimal influence on holidaying in game. 

This is curious for sure, my only thought is that maybe because he has a slightly different model that the fine tuning is different some how.

I'm as confused as you are

Call me crazy but try the times again but do the following

• Cable unplugged
  • Power set to balanced

Do them separately though.  I know it sounds counter intuitive but indulge me, i'd be interested to see the results 

13 hours ago, judicious said:

Model: MSI GS66 Stealth

CPU Model: i7 - 10750H

CPU Turbo Frequency: 5.00 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 2666Mhz

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060 - 6GB

Benchmark A: 03 min 00 Sec

Benchmark B: 13 min 44 Sec

Benchmark C: 18 min 56 Sec

I must admit I was expecting better results for this laptop, especially since having browsed through the thread I found SBII's results below which are a lot better.

I know the GPU is different and that on paper the RTX 2070 Max-Q is better than the RTX 2060 but my understanding is there is very little in it so any ideas as to the difference in results? Also my (admittedly limited) understanding of how this works is that the GPU should have minimal influence on holidaying in game. 

I'd start by updating as much as you can, BIOS, drivers, GPU drivers, firmware updates for your machine etc. 

Have a look on MSI support or contact them for any way to get updates https://www.msi.com/support/nb - you should be able to find your serial number underneath your laptop or similar. 

I'd also update Windows with any updates etc. 

Out of curiousity - what speed SSD? 

On 27/11/2020 at 16:37, SBII said:

Model: MSI GS66

CPU Model: i7-10750H

CPU Base Frequency: 2.6 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 5.0 GHz

RAM: 16 GB

RAM Clockspeed: 2666 Mhz

GPU: Intel Iris 6100 - RTX 2070 Max-Q

Graphics Level in 3D: Very High

Benchmark A: 2 min 8 sec

Benchmark B: 9 min 25 sec

Benchmark C: 13 min 9 sec

Can you let us know what type SSD you have and the storage/speed etc.

12 hours ago, SBII said:

Hmm. Have you switched to "Ultimate Performance" in Power Options?

EDIT: 

So i have hust redone test A and this time it was a little slower at 2:17 minutes. but still somewhat faster that your gs66.

This is how i has set up my laptop for the test:

User scenario: Extreme performance (with the GPU overclocked, but it shouldn't matter?)

Power plan: Ultimate Performance

Gaming Mode: ON

Other than that i have limited the framerate to 60 fps. i dont know if this help with the temperature and leads to a little less thermal throtteling?

My setup is exactly the same as your above other than having the GPU overclocked but like you say that shouldn't matter. Not sure how to limit the framerate but again wouldn't have thought that would come into it.

9 hours ago, ScrambledEgg said:

Look for any background apps that may be using resources - strangely my OneDrive is always using loads of CPU at times.

Will retry benchmark A now and make sure nothing else is running in the background.

2 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

This is curious for sure, my only thought is that maybe because he has a slightly different model that the fine tuning is different some how.

• Cable unplugged
  • Power set to balanced

Do them separately though.  I know it sounds counter intuitive but indulge me, i'd be interested to see the results 

Will do, I'll let you know the results once I've had a chance to run the benchmarks.

42 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I'd start by updating as much as you can, BIOS, drivers, GPU drivers, firmware updates for your machine etc. 

Have a look on MSI support or contact them for any way to get updates https://www.msi.com/support/nb - you should be able to find your serial number underneath your laptop or similar. 

I'd also update Windows with any updates etc. 

Out of curiousity - what speed SSD? 

512GB NVMe PCIe Gen3 SSD

Read - 2941.97 MB/s

Write - 2928.64 MB/s

Edited by judicious

19 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I've done my own internal tests, and despite FM21 having faster saving and load times, FM21 has no advantage over FM20 in processing speed which was  a little disappointing.

Miles did tweet this about a speed test done I don't know if you see but ill leave a pic of the tweet

Untitled.png

Okay folks post 2 is updated with all of the benchmark results

Big thanks to everyone who has taken part so far, the amount of time all of you have put into this is staggering  :applause:

@EdL@kevhamster@craiigman if you get round to doing B & C benchmarks could you post it after this point so I can spot it, thanks

Also I noticed a few didn't post what graphics level you play at, whilst its not overly important I know it does help Kev and Smurf on the recommendation thread so if you could let me know that would be great

@Smurf Didn't get chance to put the ranking you mentioned in yet but I will on the next update 

edit - 33 systems tested so far in less than 1 week, 63 were tested in the entirety of last year!

Edited by Brother Ben

1 hour ago, jckc221013jamie said:

Miles did tweet this about a speed test done I don't know if you see but ill leave a pic of the tweet

Untitled.png

Yeah I've seen that before, when I tested though they were within seconds of each other, and when I tested with even more leagues FM20 was slightly faster. Saving is way faster on FM21 though.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

1 minute ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Yeah I've seen that before, when I tested though they were within seconds of each other, and when I tested with even more leagues FM20 was slightly faster. Saving is way faster on FM21 though.

What stage of the season did you test it?

9 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Big thanks to everyone who has taken part so far, the amount of time all of you have put into this is staggering  :applause:

@EdL@kevhamster@craiigman if you get round to doing B & C benchmarks could you post it after this point so I can spot it, thanks

Also I noticed a few didn't post what graphics level you play at, whilst its not overly important I know it does help Kev and Smurf on the recommendation thread so if you could let me know that would be great

@Smurf Didn't get chance to put the ranking you mentioned in yet but I will on the next update 

edit - 33 systems tested so far in less than 1 week, 63 were tested in the entirety of last year!

I'll do the B & C benchmarks on my desktop tomorrow night.  I'll do the B benchmark on my laptop tonight.  Whether I also do C tonight depends on how long B takes!

10 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Really need to push it further in the New Laptop Thread. It's very rare that anyone gives feedback.

@EdL @FrazT Is there any way myself or @kevhamstercan have a signature in our posts that includes a basic link requesting that when people get their new computer to do the benchmarking?

@Brother BenIt'd be great if you can push this in the New Laptop thread when replying or helping out over there.

Or if you have any other ideas on how to push this. 

Not really worried about the graphics side of it - the 1050 is good enough, and that's almost never on offer in new laptops anyway anymore. The integrated graphics on new chips are really coming along and powerful enough for FM generally. Unless others need to play other games it really isn't an issue. Typically, the higher you go up in processor the more powerful a GPU they pair with it anyway. It is only really a concern on budget laptops that have integrated graphics - as said already, are really good anyway for FM.

Model: Lenovo Legion 5

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H

CPU Base Frequency: 2.9GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4,20 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 3200Mhz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6GB

Benchmark A: 2 min 12 sec

Benchmark B: 10 min 47 sec

Benchmark C: 12 min 52 sec

Benchmark D: 25 min 12 sec

Hi all

I'm slightly lost for words on this one, any advice much appreciated.

Type: Laptop

Model: Huawei Matebook X

CPU Model: i5-7200U

CPU Base Frequency: 2.5GHz

CPU Turbo: Not sure (2.71 GHz maybe?)

RAM: 8 GB

RAM Clockspeed: 1866 MHz

GPU: Intel (R) HD graphics 620

Benchmark A (before restarting laptop): 9.57.33

Benchmark A (after restarting laptop): 10.24.45

I didn't bother checking the other benchmarks.

The thing I'm finding particularly confusing is that FM20 used to run pretty well on my laptop. I thought it was odd when people were mentioning that FM21 was noticeably faster etc. The 3D match engine seems to run more smoothly for me, and saves are slightly quicker than in FM20. But these times are dreadful.

Edited by Flußkrebs

7 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Shouldn't that make FM21 faster then without the leagues being active at the start?

Exactly

Its apples and oranges though really, unless the exact same amount of games are played in that gameweek the comparison is unfair really

Edited by Brother Ben

Type: Desktop

Model: Custom

CPU Model: AMD 3700x

CPU Base Frequency: 3.6GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.4 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 3600Mhz (14-14-14-28)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 2060 Super

Benchmark A: 1:58

Benchmark B: 8:26

Benchmark C: 10:20

Benchmark D: 20:20

Benchmark D gave the PC the it's biggest workout since stress testing after building it months ago lol.

EDIT: Ran D again for the crack and got a better time!

Edited by mishy
re-test

44 minutes ago, Flußkrebs said:

Hi all

The thing I'm finding particularly confusing is that FM20 used to run pretty well on my laptop. I thought it was odd when people were mentioning that FM21 was noticeably faster etc. The 3D match engine seems to run more smoothly for me, and saves are slightly quicker than in FM20. But these times are dreadful.

The benchmark isn't necessarily indicative of your experience, I understand when you're playing normally that at least some of the processing is done in the background but that is the trouble with these 'U' processors - they're effectively manufactured to allow for long battery life but don't crank up much (if anything at all) even when plugged in.

It's a relatively recent generation but quite a lot slower than a 4th gen i3 desktop CPU. I would suggest downloading HWinfo64 (https://www.hwinfo.com/download/) and see what the turbo tops out at and for how long, look at the temps, see if it's thermal throttling - if you get this during the benchmark you won't necessarily get it during normal play because it will have chance to cool while you do stuff each day before clicking to the next.

59 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Really need to push it further in the New Laptop Thread. It's very rare that anyone gives feedback.

@EdL @FrazT Is there any way myself or @kevhamstercan have a signature in our posts that includes a basic link requesting that when people get their new computer to do the benchmarking?

@Brother BenIt'd be great if you can push this in the New Laptop thread when replying or helping out over there.

Or if you have any other ideas on how to push this. 

Not really worried about the graphics side of it - the 1050 is good enough, and that's almost never on offer in new laptops anyway anymore. The integrated graphics on new chips are really coming along and powerful enough for FM generally. Unless others need to play other games it really isn't an issue. Typically, the higher you go up in processor the more powerful a GPU they pair with it anyway. It is only really a concern on budget laptops that have integrated graphics - as said already, are really good anyway for FM.

Its a shame really that you help people out and they don't return the favour but thats life I guess

No worries, I'll do what I can.  Even if people only do A & B it would be fine.  Like I said though the response has been great considering its only been a week

I've tried to push it a little on Facebook so hopefully that will help. 

I get what you mean about graphics.  I'm still playing medium on NVidia 840m graphics on my laptop so I've got no qualms advising people to get integrated graphics.

Even my desktop gtx 760 runs on high/very high so if I built a new rig based on the results here and with FM being the only game I play I could plough all of my cash into the processor and just use my 760 for the time being (unless anyone knows a reason why that would be a bad idea)

1 hour ago, Flußkrebs said:

Hi all

32 minutes ago, ScrambledEgg said:

The benchmark isn't necessarily indicative of your experience, I understand when you're playing normally that at least some of the processing is done in the background but that is the trouble with these 'U' processors - they're effectively manufactured to allow for long battery life but don't crank up much (if anything at all) even when plugged in.

It's a relatively recent generation but quite a lot slower than a 4th gen i3 desktop CPU. I would suggest downloading HWinfo64 (https://www.hwinfo.com/download/) and see what the turbo tops out at and for how long, look at the temps, see if it's thermal throttling - if you get this during the benchmark you won't necessarily get it during normal play because it will have chance to cool while you do stuff each day before clicking to the next.

Yeah ScrambledEgg is right here, the "U" processors just aren't built for sustained processing

Worth bearing in mind that this benchmark runs over the transfer window too so that is affecting scores this year.

I've got a windows tablet from the same generation with a "U" processor so I will give the benchmark a go tonight to see if its a similar amount of time.

If mine is significantly quicker then we'll do a bit of troubleshooting to see what the issue could be (dust in the fans, background processes etc)

Also don't be too disheartened, the scores you are seeing here in many cases are thousands of pounds worth of hardware

edit - I can't spell

Edited by Brother Ben

1 hour ago, Flußkrebs said:

Hi all

I can understand your disappointment. 

Have you ran any updates on the computer since you got it - updated BIOS and firmwares? Head over to the Huawei site and see if you can find anything that will allow you to update drivers etc. Perhaps contact them for the latest etc. 

BIOS could be a big one as the TDP of the 7200U is configurable up to 25, so there might be some BIOS and firmware updates that you can take advantage of.

1 minute ago, Smurf said:

Have you ran any updates on the computer since you got it - updated BIOS and firmwares? Head over to the Huawei site and see if you can find anything that will allow you to update drivers etc. Perhaps contact them for the latest etc. 

BIOS could be a big one as the TDP of the 7200U is configurable up to 25, so there might be some BIOS and firmware updates that you can take advantage of.

And if you do increase the TDP you may need a new power cable -- not entirely sure on this - but just sprung to me - I've never done it. And of course the TDP increase would mean the battery wouldn't last as long when not plugged in.

52 minutes ago, ScrambledEgg said:

Cheers. I have noticed it hasn't been particularly speedy, but the holiday mode is what gets it.

image.png.676a084005f817686ad4905221964c18.png

I'll be honest I don't really know what I'm looking for on this. This is with FM21 in the background. CPU seems to be hitting the turbo Max (3100).

32 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Yeah ScrambledEgg is right here, the "U" processors just aren't built for sustained processing

Worth bearing in mind that this benchmark runs over the transfer window too so that is affecting scores this year.

I've got a windows tablet from the same generation with a "U" processor so I will give the benchmark a go tonight to see if its a similar amount of time.

If mine is significantly quicker then we'll do a bit of troubleshooting to see what the issue could be (dust in the fans, background processes etc)

Also don't be too disheartened, the scores you are seeing here in many cases are thousands of pounds worth of hardware

edit - I can't spell

Thankfully I did not buy this laptop specifically to run FM21 on :lol:. I wasn't delusionally expecting it to run fast, just thought it'd run 'decently'. Thanks for the help.

25 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Pretty sure I'm relatively up to date but I will double check again. My TDP is 15 at the moment.

5 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Its a shame really that you help people out and they don't return the favour but thats life I guess

No worries, I'll do what I can.  Even if people only do A & B it would be fine.  Like I said though the response has been great considering its only been a week

I've tried to push it a little on Facebook so hopefully that will help. 

I get what you mean about graphics.  I'm still playing medium on NVidia 840m graphics on my laptop so I've got no qualms advising people to get integrated graphics.

Even my desktop gtx 760 runs on high/very high so if I built a new rig based on the results here and with FM being the only game I play I could plough all of my cash into the processor and just use my 760 for the time being (unless anyone knows a reason why that would be a bad idea)

I have been letting people know about this as well mate on Facebook and twitter

Model: MSI GL63 - 9SD

CPU Model: Intel i7-9750H

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.5 GHz

RAM: 8GB

RAM Clockspeed: 2600Mhz 

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6gb

Storage Type: HDD

Benchmark A: 3:20

Benchmark B: 18:40

Benchmark C:  23.05

Benchmark D: Might try another day - although was impressed by how well my laptop was handling the required cooling - only dropping from a steady 4ghz to about 3.6 Ghz I ran out of time. 

Through all the benchmarks, it seemed like there was room for better performance from the CPU - could only having 8GB of RAM bottleneck it? - as the performance doesnt seem to match similar machines with 16GB RAM upwards

On 01/12/2020 at 12:28, Brother Ben said:

• Cable unplugged
  • Power set to balanced

OK, so I finally got around to re-running the benchmarks and the results are very interesting!

I re-ran Benchmarks A & B with power plugged in and 'Ultimate Performance' power/extreme performance CPU setting/Game mode on and results are below:

Benchmark A: 2:53

Benchmark B: 13:35

I then unplugged the power and set it to 'better performance' (other options were 'battery saver', 'better battery' and 'best performance') and set the MSI settings to balanced and game mode off, results below:

Benchmark A: 2:47

Benchmark B: 12:02

Would welcome your thoughts on this because as you said this seems counterintuitive to me but I'm sure there's an explanation.  I'm hoping there is something I can change to make the most of the CPU because it's currently not performing as well as similar systems.

Thanks

Edited by judicious
typo

8 hours ago, Flußkrebs said:

I'll be honest I don't really know what I'm looking for on this. This is with FM21 in the background. CPU seems to be hitting the turbo Max (3100).

You're not throttling then, but just realised it's only a 2 core chip so you're probably at max performance.

I suppose the good thing is you could probably play throughout a ten hour flight on that laptop while those of us who discounted a 'U' CPU will be mindlessly flicking through the rubbish in-flight entertainment after 3 hours :D

8 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Mate, if you like, and as a thanks for putting this together, I have a GTX 770 sat doing nothing that you can have. Might not seem a huge upgrade but just done a quick comparison on userbenchmark.com and it's about 15-35% faster than a 760 so it's up to you. I don't have any use for it.

On 28/11/2020 at 14:21, tonidopa said:

Wonder if this can be measured in Stadia as well?

You would have to manually set up the benchmarks, I think. I don't believe there is a way to transfer in an external save file.

Model: HP Pavilion 15 

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

CPU Base Frequency: 2.0 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.6 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 2400MHz

GPU: Integrated (Radeon Vega 8)

Graphics Level in 3D: Medium (with some tweaks)

Storage Type: HDD (5400RPM)

Benchmark A: 4m 59s
Benchmark B: 24m 59s
Benchmark C: 36m 44s

Benchmarks B & C were a little painful on this... thankfully, on the actual setup I have for my game I don't actually find it too bad for the times when I'm not at home to play on my desktop PC.

I'm not going to do benchmark D on this machine... life is short enough as it is!

Edited by kevhamster

47 minutes ago, Harper said:

You would have to manually set up the benchmarks, I think. I don't believe there is a way to transfer in an external save file.

I saw a Reddit post about this, results nothing spectacular and it will vary because the resources available depend on how much capacity is being used as it's effectively shared.

If anyone is really struggling for performance and can't upgrade then you could set a virtual machine on AWS or Google Cloud and install Parsec for the most seamless experience (it's fairly easy to do if you follow a tutorial), it's essentially exactly how Stadia works but you get guaranteed resources/performance because you aren't sharing it - you will pay hourly for this but it's probably comparable to the cost of Stadia depending how much CPU power you want to 'rent' and how much you use it.

It's a pretty left field solution but will be effective if you don't have the means to spend a couple of hundred on an upgrade but could manage a £10-15 a month service charge to a cloud provider. I believe anyone with a student email can get a few hundred dollars free credit on AWS, happy to help if anyone wants a hand setting up but I can't take any responsibility for excessive bills - ie you have to remember to shut the machine down otherwise you'll continue to be charged even if it's doing nothing.

17 minutes ago, ScrambledEgg said:

I saw a Reddit post about this, results nothing spectacular and it will vary because the resources available depend on how much capacity is being used as it's effectively shared.

If anyone is really struggling for performance and can't upgrade then you could set a virtual machine on AWS or Google Cloud and install Parsec for the most seamless experience (it's fairly easy to do if you follow a tutorial), it's essentially exactly how Stadia works but you get guaranteed resources/performance because you aren't sharing it - you will pay hourly for this but it's probably comparable to the cost of Stadia depending how much CPU power you want to 'rent' and how much you use it.

It's a pretty left field solution but will be effective if you don't have the means to spend a couple of hundred on an upgrade but could manage a £10-15 a month service charge to a cloud provider. I believe anyone with a student email can get a few hundred dollars free credit on AWS, happy to help if anyone wants a hand setting up but I can't take any responsibility for excessive bills - ie you have to remember to shut the machine down otherwise you'll continue to be charged even if it's doing nothing.

What are your thoughts on Shadow?

https://shadow.tech/specs

$12 / month for the minimum (256GB)

1 minute ago, Harper said:

What are your thoughts on Shadow?

https://shadow.tech/specs

$12 / month for the minimum (256GB)

I tried it for a month when it was first available in the UK in 2018 (I think), for some reason they aren't doing new accounts in the UK at the moment, but I wasn't blown away. I didn't try it with FM only first person shooters but the latency was just too much. Again I believe they use shared resources so your mileage is going to vary from login to login but I wouldn't expect anything special - £150 second hand ebay CPU/motherboard/RAM will be much better IMHO.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, GuitarMan said:

Through all the benchmarks, it seemed like there was room for better performance from the CPU - could only having 8GB of RAM bottleneck it? - as the performance doesnt seem to match similar machines with 16GB RAM upwards

8GB should be plenty enough unless you had lots of other stuff open at the same time anyway (could always monitor memory usage in task manager while running)

3 hours ago, ScrambledEgg said:

Mate, if you like, and as a thanks for putting this together, I have a GTX 770 sat doing nothing that you can have. Might not seem a huge upgrade but just done a quick comparison on userbenchmark.com and it's about 15-35% faster than a 760 so it's up to you. I don't have any use for it.

Very kind of you but it’s rare I get a chance to use my desktop at the moment.

Had a bit of a crap day in work today so this was nice to come home to :thup:

There’s some good eggs on this forum :)

1 hour ago, ScrambledEgg said:

I tried it for a month when it was first available in the UK in 2018 (I think), for some reason they aren't doing new accounts in the UK at the moment, but I wasn't blown away. I didn't try it with FM only first person shooters but the latency was just too much. Again I believe they use shared resources so your mileage is going to vary from login to login but I wouldn't expect anything special - £150 second hand ebay CPU/motherboard/RAM will be much better IMHO.

I never got to the point that I wanted to try it. After researching it, I didn't think it would be a significant improvement over my laptop, but have kept following it passively.