Football Manager 2021 Mobile *Official* Feedback Thread!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, energyyy said:

Quick question though, is every loan player meant to be available for recall or is it a bug?

Its intentional but a tad controversial (myself and Alari who is on the team had a spirited discussion about it) ... I made it so because otherwise if your favorite player is on loan elsewhere you're stuck with that for a season at the start of the game which seemed unfair to the user (so yeah its not 100% realistic, which is why it was a spirited discussion).

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Sc0ttzilla said:

Have the same thing. Match engine also plays at the same speed no matter what it's set to before a set point where it's mega fast

Would you mind letting me know what device you're using if you have any such issues - please post in the bugs area and explain in as much detail as you can, sorry for any inconvenience and obviously we'll sort things out as soon as we can.

On 28/11/2020 at 01:59, quirkovski said:

Is it possible to get the iPad screen to display the text as sharp as it looks on the iPhone?

a screen resolution setting that I am not seeing somewhere, it just looks pixelated compared to the smaller screen of an iPhone.

I second this. It would be great to use the extra real estate on the iPad screen to squeeze a few more stats in and reduce the font size. It looks childish at the moment. 

30 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Its intentional but a tad controversial (myself and Alari who is on the team had a spirited discussion about it) ... I made it so because otherwise if your favorite player is on loan elsewhere you're stuck with that for a season at the start of the game which seemed unfair to the user (so yeah its not 100% realistic, which is why it was a spirited discussion).

Ah ok can see why you’ve done that, personally gonna leave them out on loan to opt for realism but it’s nice to have the alternative option 

8 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Would you mind letting me know what device you're using if you have any such issues - please post in the bugs area and explain in as much detail as you can, sorry for any inconvenience and obviously we'll sort things out as soon as we can.

Will do! It's a Lenovo Chromebook Duet which I gather probably isn't really supported very well as it's a Chromebook!

I’m feeling like sharing my experience after playing few season this year’s edition of FMM. It’s been a very positive one and gladly give a feedback to FMM team who has made a great game in difficult 2020 circumstances.

First of all, comparing to previous years, this year have been completely bug free for me (I understand that some bugs have been present, but considerably less than previously). Great job & testing! Really enjoyable!

Current COVID-crisis and match congestion is really great challenge to make it through. For a player who have played for 6-7 years, it proved a mighty test and for the first time I had some really tough patch to come through in the first season. Managing Aberdeen in SPL with relatively small senior players first team squad is recommended for a challenge to fulfil board expectations!

I’ve been calling for extra difficulty to FMM for years, I don’t know if this have been tweaked or did I just have bad luck at times, but it took into 3rd season to build squad capable for taking on good European sides in European cup consistently and beating Celtic in domestic league.

injuries seem to be happening slightly more than in the past, which is a good and a bit more realistic. It is refreshing that building squad is really needed for rotation rather than just keeping players for fun.

AI in matches and squad building seem to have taken a step to right direction, as in the third season I’ve not seen a club with 8 keepers or squad full of late 30’s players. My rising stars have been also poacher more by the big clubs than previously, or that how it feels like. 

Big thumbs up for SI FMM team for a great game! 

Yeah it is a great game and it’s a challenge. Started unemployed and ended up at Braintree. Was struggling a lot in the VNS, bottom after 18 games, constantly trying to find a setup to win games and got one now. Took a lot of patience and experimentation. Not just about having great players as in previous iterations. The game has enough depth to keep you occupied for ages.

a question or two if I can -

1) is there any way to see how long your injured players are out? Can’t find it anywhere? All I get is the notification how long he’s out but can’t review it later?

2) once players have recovered, I can see a green dot next to his name on the squad screen. What does this mean? Ready for 20 mins off the bench or not quite fully fit?

Edited by bamb00zle

1 minute ago, bamb00zle said:

Yeah it is a great game and it’s a challenge. Started unemployed and ended up at Braintree. Was struggling a lot in the VNS, bottom after 18 games, constantly trying to find a setup to win games and got one now. Took a lot of patience and experimentation. Not just about having great players as in previous iterations. The game has enough depth to keep you occupied for ages.

1) is there any way to see how long your injured players are out? Can’t find it anywhere?

2) once players have recovered, I can see a green dot next to his name on the squad screen. What does this mean? Ready for 20 mins off the bench or not quite fully fit?

You can see it at the eligibility screen at the player itself

4 minutes ago, bamb00zle said:

1) is there any way to see how long your injured players are out? Can’t find it anywhere? All I get is the notification how long he’s out but can’t review it later?

I did the same thing. I set up a 4-4-1-1 and made sure to sign a couple more strikers, two APs in AMC position, a BWM (wanted another as backup but run out of budget), two left wingers, a left back and a better centre back. Currently fighting it out the top of VNS in December.

Using the assmans recommended tactics was disastrous. Barely created a shot on target. But lack of quality is also an issue.

3 minutes ago, ElliottMS said:

I did the same thing. I set up a 4-4-1-1 and made sure to sign a couple more strikers, two APs in AMC position, a BWM (wanted another as backup but run out of budget), two left wingers, a left back and a better centre back. Currently fighting it out the top of VNS in December.

Using the assmans recommended tactics was disastrous. Barely created a shot on target. But lack of quality is also an issue.

'the assman' would be a great username on here. 🤣

23 minutes ago, ElliottMS said:

Are you Braintree as well?

ive gone with a possession based 433 with a DLF Two IFs 2 B2B midfielders with a DLP in the DM strata. Attacking wing backs as well, working a treat.

had to buy a few Spanish free agents and loads of loans before results got better though.

Edited by bamb00zle

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, Sc0ttzilla said:

Will do! It's a Lenovo Chromebook Duet which I gather probably isn't really supported very well as it's a Chromebook!

Yeah we don't officially support Chromebooks, I did (unofficially) buy one to ensure the game worked on it a couple of years back .... but, sadly, my daughter then adopted it (as kids have a tendency to do, don't get me started on my Pokemon Yellow save game being overwritten ... it might have been 15 years ago but it still hurts ;) ). 

2 hours ago, bamb00zle said:

Are you Braintree as well?

ive gone with a possession based 433 with a DLF Two IFs 2 B2B midfielders with a DLP in the DM strata. Attacking wing backs as well, working a treat.

had to buy a few Spanish free agents and loads of loans before results got better though.

Yes I'm Braintree as well, same route as you, starting unemployed.

Interesting. I do have a Brazilian but not loads of Spaniards... my formation relies on direct wing play.

Edited by ElliottMS

• SI Staff

If you look on the players 'availability' section then it should be detailed there.

After finally having played a bit more over the past few days I have to say I absolutely love the new version. In FMM20 I had one tactic that I could use no matter where and I would get instant success. Feels like now I have to really adapt the tactics to each situation, not only in terms of opposition but players in the first XI, which is way more rewarding when you get it right.

I also felt the player relationships has added a great dynamic to the game as well. If I have similar level players I will now tend to pick those that have formed positive relationships in the game.

Also really enjoying the Canadian Premier League, quick to play through and very evenly balanced between all teams! Spent two seasons with Edmonton and won it once, have now moved to Forge as I got more than triple the wage budget!

Great job SI, looks like I will be spending a lot of hours on the game again this year :)

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, AndrewDriverNo1 said:

For info still not working after todays update...

We'll mention in the update info when we've looked into that, apologies for the delay but critical fixes where someone is having issues running the game on a device or similar will take priority during the first week or so from release (but it is on the list of things to look into).

23 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

We'll mention in the update info when we've looked into that, apologies for the delay but critical fixes where someone is having issues running the game on a device or similar will take priority during the first week or so from release (but it is on the list of things to look into).

It was more for info..... interestingly the staff pictures DO show on the player relationships page.... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well the game certainly seems a lot tougher if you're managing a struggling side.  Take over a recently relegated side and the disgruntled and rebellious squad seems to want you out before you've got your foot in the door.

It's much harder to turn things around. Even if you bring in lots of new players they can soon turn against you. Morale seems much a bigger issue so yes it's a real challenge now.

One funny thing I saw was that Man City won the 21/22 title. They then bought Neymar and now they're terrible. 5 defeats in first 12 league games! 

• SI Staff
15 hours ago, Vane said:

One funny thing I saw was that Man City won the 21/22 title. They then bought Neymar and now they're terrible. 5 defeats in first 12 league games! 

Mercurial players are a bit more of a gamble now, if you bring in a big name player who is volatile then his mood will have weight in the squad and if you fall out with him then ... err ... interesting things can happen ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2020 at 13:01, Marc Vaughan said:

Mercurial players are a bit more of a gamble now, if you bring in a big name player who is volatile then his mood will have weight in the squad and if you fall out with him then ... err ... interesting things can happen ...

Neymars a bit hit and miss in that respect, he felt he was bigger than my club (Atletico Madrid) and then stopped performing ...gave him a verbal warning and he got stroppy, all cooled down a few months later though :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a glitch folks.

So I agreed to allow one of my reserve team players to go on loan, I stipulated 6 months only and after finalising everything I viewed my players loan spell status and it’s saying he will be on loan for a year.

It’s not a major deal “even though I have OCD and am a massive perfectionist” 😫🙂 but it is there.

4295B4E9-17BB-44E1-92D5-D79637891325.jpeg

8DCBBFF7-03CB-4EC9-B95A-F51504C9A262.jpeg

• SI Staff

If you can report bugs in the 'technical issues/bugs' forum then that would be awesome (as otherwise I might miss them, if they're in the tech forum then QA will log them all and pester me relentlessly about them).

Taktik sayfasında karşımıza çıkan yeni taktik önerilerini ve dizilişlerini seçtikten sonra taktik seçeneklerinde (hücum savunma v.s.) küçük dokunuşlar veya herhangi bir değişiklik yaptığımızda başlangıçta seçtiğimiz oyun stili de bozuluyor veya değişiyor mu. Ben topa hükmetmek oynamak istiyorum ve arka planda kendi küçük dokunuşlarımı yapmak istiyorum bilgi verirseniz sevinirim

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, Kursatakkus said:

Taktik sayfasında karşımıza çıkan yeni taktik önerilerini ve dizilişlerini seçtikten sonra taktik seçeneklerinde (hücum savunma v.s.) küçük dokunuşlar veya herhangi bir değişiklik yaptığımızda başlangıçta seçtiğimiz oyun stili de bozuluyor veya değişiyor mu. Ben topa hükmetmek oynamak istiyorum ve arka planda kendi küçük dokunuşlarımı yapmak istiyorum bilgi verirseniz sevinirim

Taktik stilleri, seçtiğiniz stili taklit etmek için temeldeki talimatları ayarlar, böylece bir saldırı stili seçerseniz ve ardından her şeyi "savunma" olarak ayarlarsanız, bu, seçtiğiniz stili geri alır.

(with apologies for my attempts at Turkish - in case its incoherent, I've written it in English below)

The tactics styles setup the underlying instructions to mimic the style you select so if you select an attacking style and then set everything up as say 'defensive' then obviously that will undo the style you originally selected making it play in the manner you setup.

Hope this helps,

Marc

On 21/12/2020 at 14:47, Marc Vaughan said:

If you can report bugs in the 'technical issues/bugs' forum then that would be awesome (as otherwise I might miss them, if they're in the tech forum then QA will log them all and pester me relentlessly about them).

Shall do.

Thanks Marc 👍🏼

So I've enjoyed the game mostly so far, however its pretty infuriating the amount of times a player comes out to the media as being "out of favour". Camavinga for example. Didn't play for 2 games, one he was unfit and the other was a cup game, so rotation. Then all of a sudden he is unhappy and morale drops. I had 3 players in one week doing the same after not playing for 2 games. Could this please be fixed as it ruins the game for me a little and is such a pain when it happens near enough every other week with 1 or 2 players.

Thanks

Edited by TDB_90

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, TDB_90 said:

So I've enjoyed the game mostly so far, however its pretty infuriating the amount of times a player comes out to the media as being "out of favour". Camavinga for example. Didn't play for 2 games, one he was unfit and the other was a cup game, so rotation. Then all of a sudden he is unhappy and morale drops. I had 3 players in one week doing the same after not playing for 2 games. Could this please be fixed as it ruins the game for me a little and is such a pain when it happens near enough every other week with 1 or 2 players.

I'll check this side of things - could you let me know the personalities of the players in question though as some will be more demanding than others ... and err if you fill your squad with ambitious, unprofessional players then its risky.

Hi,

I am a into FMM since it was FMH and I played it on PSP, buying every year the new game as soon as it is released, and newer features this year as spot assignment of the person to kick the ball, defense and offense advanced tactics and social interactions really rock, there are some unfortunate things like The Netherlands still referred as Holland, while it's not completely correct.

Also, playing the "Euro Cup II" could have some bugs in the winner of the matches, like attached. Could you look into it?

Happy New Year btw.

photo_2020-12-31_12-01-16.jpg

photo_2020-12-31_12-01-23.jpg

photo_2020-12-31_12-01-26.jpg

4 hours ago, makhauser said:

Hi,

I am a into FMM since it was FMH and I played it on PSP, buying every year the new game as soon as it is released, and newer features this year as spot assignment of the person to kick the ball, defense and offense advanced tactics and social interactions really rock, there are some unfortunate things like The Netherlands still referred as Holland, while it's not completely correct.

Also, playing the "Euro Cup II" could have some bugs in the winner of the matches, like attached. Could you look into it?

Happy New Year btw.

photo_2020-12-31_12-01-16.jpg

photo_2020-12-31_12-01-23.jpg

photo_2020-12-31_12-01-26.jpg

On fmmvibe.com there is a license fix for clubs as Juventus etc. the Netherlands might be included too

On 29/12/2020 at 11:43, Marc Vaughan said:

I'll check this side of things - could you let me know the personalities of the players in question though as some will be more demanding than others ... and err if you fill your squad with ambitious, unprofessional players then its risky.

There's being ambitious and then there's not playing for 2 games and then coming out asking why they're not in the first team. Even if they're on the bench! A recent one from this morning, Dayot Upamecano. 2 domestic cup games, so I use the squad players. He asks for first team football. Il respond saying he will play soon. Next game is a European game, he's banned due to a red in the previous game. Immediately after the game he hands in a transfer request. Granted, his personality is ambitious, however it just feels so weighted against the user in this situation. Like, I literally couldn't play him. It's happened with Professional personalities too. Most of the time they're ambitious, and I kind of get it. I just think it needs relaxing a little. If it was 4 games I'd fully understand. 2 just seems a little extreme. Even if there was an option to interact with the player to at least let them know they're being rested for a couple of games. It's just a helpless feeling when it happens I guess. 

Aside from that I love the game. Had the mobile version the last 4 years and never really had any issues. It's a great way to pass the time. Happy new year to you.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, TDB_90 said:

There's being ambitious and then there's not playing for 2 games and then coming out asking why they're not in the first team. Even if they're on the bench! A recent one from this morning, Dayot Upamecano. 2 domestic cup games, so I use the squad players. He asks for first team football. Il respond saying he will play soon. Next game is a European game, he's banned due to a red in the previous game. Immediately after the game he hands in a transfer request. Granted, his personality is ambitious, however it just feels so weighted against the user in this situation. Like, I literally couldn't play him. It's happened with Professional personalities too. Most of the time they're ambitious, and I kind of get it. I just think it needs relaxing a little. If it was 4 games I'd fully understand. 2 just seems a little extreme. Even if there was an option to interact with the player to at least let them know they're being rested for a couple of games. It's just a helpless feeling when it happens I guess. 

Aside from that I love the game. Had the mobile version the last 4 years and never really had any issues. It's a great way to pass the time. Happy new year to you.

I'll double check this side of things and potentially tweak it if I think its amiss ... some players (particularly ambitious/driven individuals) do get upset at not playing.

PS - Anyone had a player complain you subbed him yet? (normally happens in odd circumstances - an ambitious striker who had scored two goals and was looking for a hat-trick etc.).

20 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

PS - Anyone had a player complain you subbed him yet? (normally happens in odd circumstances - an ambitious striker who had scored two goals and was looking for a hat-trick etc.).

I remember someone on Vibe saying they'd had that, but hasn't happened to me at all.

On 01/01/2021 at 15:28, Marc Vaughan said:

I'll double check this side of things and potentially tweak it if I think its amiss ... some players (particularly ambitious/driven individuals) do get upset at not playing.

Last year twice, this year not yet but I played way more last year

The game doesn't show my first choice penalty taker. This happend after i offered Lewandowski (fomer 1st choice pen taker)  a job as a physiotherapist and he agreed. He retried after that

Edit: this happens to every freekicks and corners aswell. 

Screenshot_20210103-160803_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Edited by Andraos

On 31/12/2020 at 16:44, casperzwaart100 said:

On fmmvibe.com there is a license fix for clubs as Juventus etc. the Netherlands might be included too

Thanks, will take a look. But that was an optional feedback, the main one was about the 2-leg fixture and the result opposite to the actual one.
Also, the same story happens as in FMM2020: when you look at the previous results, you still have minutes of the goals, cards etc., but the names are completely different and from different teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, the game this year is once again a step up on last year, really enjoying he player relationships especially.

Quick Q; I have players who are professional and hard working (as detailed in their training / coach reports) but influence on squad in these areas will be neutral / negative? I could understand if they were youth players that aren’t in the core but this is happening with key players and therefore struggling to get my team dynamics to higher than a C in these areas.

Any help appreciated 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Geo87 said:

Hi guys, the game this year is once again a step up on last year, really enjoying he player relationships especially.

Quick Q; I have players who are professional and hard working (as detailed in their training / coach reports) but influence on squad in these areas will be neutral / negative? I could understand if they were youth players that aren’t in the core but this is happening with key players and therefore struggling to get my team dynamics to higher than a C in these areas.

Any help appreciated 

If you look on the personal relationships page for a player then in the top left corner you'll see all the influences each player has within the squad.

The overall effect on a squad is determined by the accumulated effect of players within the squad, the more important/mature players within a club have higher weighting than those of a youth player.

Thus you might have one or more players who are professional and hard-working, however they might be outweighed by the half-dozen plus players you have in the squad who aren't .. getting the balance right within a squad is a difficult challenge and often a player might be great in one area but weak in another.

(and sometimes you might have a 'model professional' who is good across the board ... but winds up your lazier players because of it ;) )