The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

188.png.ed1a1228f051987792ca006ec4ce8d9c.png258.png.5986dcf47f85c20cdd1376ae84672b7b.png

DESSEL SPORT & KRC GENK

SEASON 2 (2021/22)

First Half of Fixtures | Second Half of Fixtures | League Table | Champions Group Table | Transfers | Squad | 

Top Players:  Leonardo Fernandez | Paul Onuachu | Bryan Heynen | Lassina Traore | Patrik Hrosovsky

To firstly recap what happened at Dessel Sport, we brought a few players, no one that really stood out and we were predicted to finish bottom but we completely defied the odds and blazed a trail to the top of the Proximus League, everything was looking rosy and then in December, there were serious links in the media putting me a frontrunner to take over at Genk. Obviously this was not an opportunity that I was going to pass up, so I coyly said that I was interested and immediately applied for the job. After a few weeks I was interviewed and offered the job and so ended my time at Dessel Sport, a tenure which had proven to be extremely fruitful as a starting point. Incidentally Dessel Sport continued at the top until near the end where they eventually fell off and finished 3rd outside the promotion spots. Unfortunately for them they were not coming up to the Jupiler League and you have to wonder whether new manager Stephane Demets can challenge again for promotion or whether they might be looking at the other end of the table.

Our start with Genk was slow as we drew our first game, but we quickly gathered speed and started winning most games. I took over the club in 8th and the target for the board was that we make the top six, after a few weeks we were there and pushing for more. Really we were almost perfect, we had the odd bad result and shaky performance but all in all we were moving up the table fast. The issue was that Club Brugge had built a monumental lead, but we were slowly bringing them slightly back closer to ourselves as we eventually hit 2nd place and we stayed there for the remainder of the season. Late in the season we had a chance to bring the gap to 10 points when we played them at home but we could only manage a draw in a game we dominated, and then we dropped further points in against Royal Antwerp in the final game of the season. In Belgium there is a final group called the Champions Group for the top 4. With the top 2 qualifying for the Champions League and the other playing out other European positions. The final four were Club Brugge, ourselves, Anderlecht and Standard Liege. The plan was kind of simple, we needed to win every game and beat Club Brugge twice in the process and hope that somewhere along the line Anderlecht or Standard could do some damage as well. However things did not go to plan as we drew to Club Brugge in the first game at home having a man sent off, and then lost away at Anderlecht this time having two men sent off. We hosted Standard at home and this won but again we had a man sent off, and it was beginning to grate on me. Another win against Standard away this time convincingly 3-0 and dropped points for Club Brugge meant that somehow we still had a chance at the title. We played Club Brugge next and would need to win to have any chance at all. We then proceeded to do that winning 3-2, to make send it to the final fixture. We played Anderlecht at home, while Club Brugge were away to Standard Liege. Brugge needed a point to be Champions and we needed 3 and Brugge to lose. We got our job done the hard way winning 3-2 against Anderlecht, but Club Brugge also eventually got the job done themselves. Finding themselves 2-1 down in the first half they mounted a comeback and ended up winning 3-2 to take the title on the final day. Disappointment for us, and we could have done it had we taken some chances earlier in the season, but next season we hopefully won't have to make a gargantuan gap so a warning shot has been fired across Club Brugge's bow at least.

When I arrived we were already out of the Croxy Cup but we did have the opportunity to play in the Europa Conference League. Our first test came in the 1st Knockout Round against Ukrainian outfit Desna Chernihiv and we made light work of them in the first leg winning 4-1 before a 1-1 draw in the Ukraine saw us through to the 2nd Knockout Round, where the opponent was a lot fiercer in AS Roma. A 1-1 draw at home made us underdogs for the tie going back to the Italian capital but a sublime performance saw us through 3-2 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate. In the Quarter Finals we faced off against another foe with European history in Athletic Bilbao, but they proved much easier than first anticipated as we went to the Basque Country and turned them over 3-0, before we did the exact same a week later in Belgium cruising through to the semi final 6-0 on aggregate. 

The semi final had us play Russian powerhouse Zenit St Petersburg. Again we had a brilliant away performance to thank as we travelled St Petersburg and got a 3-1 win before killing the game off in Belgium with a 1-1 draw. The final was to take place in Tirana, Albania at the Air Albania Stadium. Our opponents were German side VfB Stuttgart. In what should have been a tough affair, we made it look easy as we cruised to a 3-0 win and European glory as we lifted European Conference League trophy. In the end it does not get us a leg complete but I am sure it will help my reputation massively in the coming years, and we break our duck with Genk in our first year with silverware.

Next season there will be no excuses, we are looking to challenge on all fronts. I don't expect us to do much in Europe, but domestically I expect to be there or there abouts in the Croxy Cup and the league.

Summary

d98da00c71b228a2426e92ce8e7d8a27.png

Career Summary

b383ce0cbcd8c80ce86696e54922502d.png

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2033/34

1200px-Borussia_Dortmund_logo_svg.thumb.png.5d03b9baf93f14926049f84a0ff2c50e.png

I Started the year with a healthy budget and what looked to be a good side primed for a title challenge. I signed some familiar faces, Mendes from Inter, Araiza from Mexico and Husic from Hertha Berlin. Not sure it this helped but I had a lot of respect from the get go. I bought star man Hamzeh Mohammadpour from Bayern for a cool $126 mil. He was worth every cent and played on both wings. I managed to bring in a few more players too. I left myself plenty of cash which I’m glad I did as I needed to buy in Jan so it came in handy.

League- this was a fairly tight tussle until the second half of the season. My jan recruits giving me the edge and I managed to seal the deal with 3 games to go. I had a fair few late winners so winning it with this much to go flattered me a bit.

556877252_ScreenShot2021-07-26at8_28_57pm.thumb.png.6c08a23f084eaf8c07abebbe48f20fe1.png

1845843963_ScreenShot2021-07-26at8_36_39pm.thumb.png.d63d6cb8153496a7fcee07792996bcf8.png

Cup- this was one for the ages. In the 5th round I went to ET against Mainz, I then conceded before scoring in the 118th and 119th minute to overturn the deficit and win. In the SF I was 2-0 against Bayern before conceding twice in the last 5 to go to ET. In ET they had an injury so we’re down to 10 before finally clinching the winner with 10 to go from the ex bayern player Mohammadpour. In the final it took until a 95th minute winner, again from Mohammadpour to give me the cup. 

1620049193_ScreenShot2021-07-27at7_11_33pm.thumb.png.ca15f9236bce487c3b7d9b8b54dac0b4.png

CL- really disappointing, cruised the group, got drawn a dream draw against Feynerood, won 1-0 away from home but bottled the return leg and crashed out in ET.

I had to tweak my tactics but ended up with a medium direct passing focusing play down the wings which is different to what I normally do. I must say I’ve noticed the difference between teams where I’ve had to tweak the tactics from team to team. 

Tempted to resign but I think I’ll stick it out another year or two. I’m quite enjoying the German League and I like Dortmund as a club. Side is at a good age and they’ve given me $130 million to spend so I’ll try get the Cl done. Can focus on that purely now. Will re evaluate in a year or if a dream job comes up.

1200px-French_Football_Federation_logo_svg.thumb.png.e67151c6065c4fd445948506bd4ffc1c.png

WC qualifications- won every game but it’s not really clicking for me. Not sure if the players are fully buying in but I’m not overly confident for the WC. Will update once that’s done 

Season	Club			Competition		Position	Notes & Achievements

2020/21 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	3rd (promoted via playoffs)		
2021/22 Uthongathi FC		SA Premier League	4th
2022/23 Kaiser Chiefs	        SA Premier League       1st.  Won Knockout Cup and Be the Coach.
2023/2024 Kaiser Chiefs         SA Premier League       1st. Won Super 8 and Be the Coach. CL Finalists.
2024/25 Kaiser Chiefs SA Premier League 1st. Won Knockout Cup and Champions League.
2025    Guangzhao.               Chinese Super League.   3rd. Started in 3rd with 5 games to go.
2026    Guangzhao                Chinese Super League.   1st.  Lost the final of CFA Cup   
2027    Guanzhao                 Chinese Super League.   1st   CFA Cup winner
2028   Guangzhao                 Chinese Super League   1st CFA Cup Winner  Super Cup Winner
2029.  Guangzhao                 Chinese Super League    1st  Super Cup Winner
2030.  Guangzhao                 Chinese Super League    1st. Asian Champions League Winner Super Cup Winner
2030-2031 Hertha Berlin          Bundesliga.             10th (took over 13th).  German Cup Runner up. Resigned at seasons end
2031-32 Inter Milan              Serie A                 1st    Super Cup Winner
2032-2033 Inter Milan            Serie A                 2nd.   Italian Cup Winner and Super Cup Winner
2033-34.  Borussia Dortmund.     German Bundesliga.      1st.   German Cup Winner

International 
2021-2023. Nigeria. Lost in QF of AFCON. Sacked. 
2023- present- Ghana. Lost in R of 16 AFCON. Resigned before being sacked.
2026-2027 Ivory Coast AFCON Champsions. Resigned after.
2029- 2032 Mexico. Lost in 3rd Round at WC. Gold Cup Winners. Copa America Finalist 
2032- present France
4/10 top domestic leagues (2022/23-2024/25 SA Premier League, 2026-20230 CSL), (2031/32 Serie A, 2033/34 Bundesliga)
4/10 top domestic cups (2022/23, 24/25 SA Knockout Cup, 2027, 2028 CFA Cup, 2032/33 Italian Cup, 2033/34 German Cup)
2/5 club continental championships (2024/25 African Champions League, 2030 Asian Champions League)
0/1 club world championship

2/5 continental competitions (2027 AFCON, 2031 Gold Cup)
0/1 world tournaments
12/32 total trophies
Edited by SK

423250377_Arsenaljob.png.306a581e1f6e14970498ef03fbdac2f6.png

I was out of domestic football for a while as I was waiting for an interesting opportunity to come along. It wasn't until January 2035 where a few interesting jobs opened up, including Monaco, Orlando Pirates and Arsenal. I was rejected by Monaco, which wasn't too disappointing as PSG are by far the best team in France and I didn't think I'd have much luck there. Orlando Pirates were really keen on me but they weren't close to the top 2 teams in South Africa at the time, with Sundowns dominating for the last ten seasons and Kaiser Chiefs just about hanging onto their coat tails. The Arsenal job had come available after club legend Ljungberg had steered them to 18th place in the league after 20 games despite the talent they had available. Also the teams above me were all so congested up to 9th place that a couple wins would see us shoot right up the table. This appealed to me as I knew I'd be able to improve their fortunes with those players and they also had a Carabao Cup semi final on the horizon.

189153317_ArsenalPosition.png.af9e39f170763da7a0d6f8dfd3facf74.png

1562401514_arsenalbadge.thumb.png.550ffd5c6b737fc0e585aa750794b398.png

2034/35

We only brought in one player in the transfer window, a 20 year only midfielder from United whose contract was expiring at the end of the season, Ian Evans. I wasn't looking to make wholesale changes this season as I wanted to give everyone a chance to impress.

My first two games were a baptism of fire, so to speak. A home game against Man City in the league followed by Man United in the first leg of the Carabao Cup Semi final. We earned a credible 3-3 draw against title hopefuls, Man City in the first game under my management. It gave me some confidence that we could have a chance in the Semi of the Carabao Cup against Man United...

We started off terribly, going behind after only 2 minutes. We steadied the ship somewhat from then on and got to half time only a goal behind but definitely on the back foot. We came out for the second half a completely different team, it was our turn to score soon after kick off and we made the most of a good spell by getting a second soon after. 2-1 up with 35 mins left. We held firm, until they seemingly got themselves a deserved equaliser in the 94th minute but fortunately for us it was ruled out for offside! 

It wouldn't be until the end of the month that we'd face them again in the second leg. Firstly we had an FA Cup third round tie vs Aston Villa to focus on. It was a tough match, both teams cancelling each other out and going all the way to penalties where we progressed to the next round. We then won two out of our next three games in the league, which propelled us up the table. We then beat Norwich in the Fourth Round of the FA Cup, four days before our second leg against United.

We were fantastic in this game. German winger Marcel Fiedler had us 2-0 up on the night within 15 minutes, he then completed his hat trick on the hour mark. Former United player, Ian Evans also got himself on the scoresheet and veteran Szoboszlai wrapped it up for an impressive 5-0 win to send us to the final!

We went on to win 5 of our next 6 league games and also smashed Newcastle 6-3 in the Fifth Round of the FA Cup.

It was Carabao Cup final time, we were up against a very good Leeds team who had beaten us comfortably only five matches ago. It was a poor performance in all honestly, but Luiz Fernando between the sticks had decided we weren't losing! He gave us a chance to win the Cup on penalties and be the hero himself. He duly obliged, saving Leeds last two penalties! It was an incredible result, considering qualification for continental football was some way off in the league, this win guaranteed us European Conference League qualification as well as the three handled trophy!

1551667273_LeagueCup.png.391d73873e5197ad566259cc6add6fb0.png

Up next was Lazio in the Europa league Second round, two very good performances, both resulting in 1-0 victories for us put us through to the next round against Marseille. This is where we hit a poor run of form, losing to United in the league only three days later, then crashing out of the FA Cup against Leeds who gained some revenge for the League Cup final. Another loss against Liverpool meant we went into the Marseille double header well short of our best form.

Ironically it was my South African star man, Onkabetse Sentle who put us to the sword in our game against Marseille, the striker grabbed himself a well deserved brace as we fell to a 2-1 loss away from home. We did have the away goal to take home for the second leg however and felt like we had as good a chance of qualifying as they did. Though it turned out to be a drab affair, neither side had a cutting edge and the game petered out in a 0-0 draw, it was a disappointing way to go out of the Europa League. I was more disappointed that we gave up a very good chance of qualifying for the Champions League through winning this competition, it would have given us a huge boost for next season being in the CL.

We ended the season in 10th place, gaining 45 points in the 19 games I took charge. The Carabao Cup victory was a massive bonus, handing us continental football and a small pot. The board has handed me a £62m budget for next season and if I'm able to shift some of the more average players in the squad over the summer I'll have a massive war chest at my disposal to help my plans of qualifying for the Champions League.

We're blessed with a couple of genuine world class players players, Brazilian winger Solon and German midfielder Christian Eckardt as well as one of the most promising young forwards I've ever seen in Artem Moneta, a 20 year old Ukrainian hitman. He only managed 9 league goals in 32 matches, but I'm confident I'll be seeing the very best of him from next season. We also have quite a bloated squad full of average players on high wages, so that's something I'll hopefully be able to address this summer.  

Moneta.png.68e4bd58e21e0afc4a9596a62fba1ec2.png

Season		Club			League		  Position     	  Notes/Achievements
2020/21         Afan Lido               Cymru South       6th             N/A
2021/22         Afan Lido               Cymru South       5th             N/A
2022/23         Afan Lido               Cymru South       1st             Cymru South Champions and Promotion
2023/24         Afan Lido               Cymru Premier     8th             N/A
2024/25         Afan Lido               Cymru Premier     9th             N/A
2025/26         Connah's Quay           Cymru Premier     2nd             N/A
2026/27         Connah's Quay           Cymru Premier     5th*            *Sacked with 3 games to go
2027/28         N/A
2028/29         N/A
2029/30         TNS                     Cymru Premier     1st             League Champions, Welsh Cup Winners, Nathaniel MG Cup Winners
2030            Vancouver Whitecaps     MLS Western Conf. 6th             Campeones Cup Winners, Canadian Championship Winners
2031            Vancouver Whitecaps     MLS Western Conf. 3rd             Canadian Championship Winners, MLS Cup Winners, NACL Winners
2032            Guangzhou               Chinese Super     1st             Super League Champions
2033            Guangzhou               Chinese Super     1st             Super League Champions, Chinese FA Cup, Asian CL
2034/35         Arsenal                 Premier League    10th*           League Cup winners, *took over in 18th place half way through season

International
Season          Nation                  Notes/Achievements
2027            Nigeria u23's           African Cup Of Nations u23 Champions
2027            Kosovo                  75% win rate lol
2028-30         Uruguay                 N/A
2030-31         Nigeria                 N/A
2032-           South Africa

TITLES.png.ede401003d131b7ce56fb87036de8f2f.png

258.png.5986dcf47f85c20cdd1376ae84672b7b.png24.png.5682128bb71b7c2f0ffef366d46a0e44.png

KRC GENK & IVORY COAST

SEASON 3 (2022/23)

GENK | First Half of Fixtures | Second Half of Fixtures | League Table | Champions Group | Transfers | Squad

GENK TOP PLAYERS | Leonardo Fernandez | Lassina Traore | Lorenzo Pirola | Tudor Baluta | Bryan Heynen

IVORY COAST | International Fixtures 2022 |  International Fixtures Early 2023

The summer was a big summer for us at Genk as we looked to get key pieces of business done in the transfer market, and later in the summer we would get appointed to our first International Management role in the form of manager of the Ivory Coast. On the Genk front, we had some key players we wanted to keep at the club in the loanees that had all performed well. Lassina Traore and Lorenzo Pirola were already at the club when I was appointed and they performed well and agreeing extensions to their loans was not an issue with Ajax and Inter Milan respectively. But Lorenzo Fernandez was a different story, he was a play I had brought in during the January transfer window and Roma were not keen to let him leave on loan again, so I looked to see if they would sell him to me and they were only too happy to let him go permenantly and Fernandez was happy to join us as well. So that worked our nicely. He would prove to be the integral piece of the puzzle. Elsewhere Baluta came in from Mainz to bolster the defence. Bajrami was a steal at £3.2m, as we activated a relegation release clause from Empoli's relegation to pick him up. Zaldua was an aging but decent and versatile defensively minded player who fit in nicely. Juan Miranda add a lot on the left hand side of the pitch whether at wing back or winger, I was only too happy to bring him in and Unai Vencedor was again a versatile defender/midfielder that we could add to the mix. Exiting the club, we had at the end of the last transfer window Joseph Paintsil for £6m to Young Boys, Jhon Lucumi to Sheffield United for £14m rising to £17.25m, and the likes of Stephen Odey, Simen Juklerod, Kristian Thorstvedt, all deemed surplus to requirements.

The league season showed us at our brilliant best and absolute worst, typified by our Champions League Playoff against PSV Eindhoven, a 6-2 win in Belgium was followed up with a 6-1 loss in the Netherlands to dump us out of the Champions League before it had begun. The league season was not too much better, we would win one and then disappointingly draw to allow Club Brugge to build up a 7 point lead in the league. However we eventually stabilised into the middle of the season and were on Brugge's tail, each looking at the other for the slip up, and Brugge did start to slip up, as we beat them on their ground and they went through a really bad patch that more or less put them out of contention as we took the leadership of the league. Anderlecht were the only one's hanging on but the gap was slowly becoming massive and it was looking like the title was coming to Genk. The Champions Group had us 7 points ahead when they halved the points, and really it would take an almighty mess up for us to blow it from here, and we managed to not do that, winning the title emphatically at home against Anderlecht with a 5-1 win.

The Croky Cup was the next major target after the league and we cruised to the semi final although the penalties required to get rid of Lommel United was a reminder that things could go very wrong for us. In the semi final we faced league rivals Anderlecht. A 3-1 win at home gave us every chance of advancing when we faced off in the second leg and although it could have gone wrong the return leg finished 2-2 to allow us passage to the final where would face Standard Liege, a team we were very much used to beating and nothing would change in the final as took Standard apart 3-2 to complete a handsome double, and my first two 2 points on the journey.

The Europa League ended at the semi final stage as we could not get the better of the English opposition as Everton beat us pretty easily over two legs to book a final against Lazio.

On the Ivory Coast front, we got the job on the 31st July 2022. The Ivory Coast had failed to qualify for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar losing out to Mali and the manager had resigned his post. We picked up a year before we were to host the African Cup of Nations, and had a group of Zimbabwe, Niger, and Senegal. Although we were already through to the tournament as hosts, the matches would still provide the intensity of qualification. We absolutely dominant pretty much smashing everyone in the group, even beating a very decent Senegal side 7-2 at home, on the way to winning the group. The next episode will be the AFCON and our first chance at International silverware with the hosts.

Well all in all it has been a season of plenty of progress. I think our time at Genk is coming to an end. I cannot see us winning the Champions League with a Belgian side, so we are looking for the next move. We have already enquired with Bayer Leverkusen who are looking for a new manager, so we will see where we land next.

Summary

10a053c4b256553188dc39ffec9643be.png

9bff15829a91692168cae0bd6b3065cb.png

Career Summary

2fad64fc38130e7ac93dfc3fc76d507c.png

24.png.5682128bb71b7c2f0ffef366d46a0e44.png

IVORY COAST

AFRICAN CUP OF NATIONS 2023

Final Squad |

8e65e3798fb7027130a553a3cd150237.pngd19dfb5a31c8671f56fcfc45031c7f25.png64adbeb0b4d5ca42dab5fabfa0cdd442.png

Prior to the tournament a few games had been arranged, the first away to Paraguay and then at home to Syria and Albania. I think we saw both the absolute best and worst of us in these games as we went to Paraguay and took them apart winning 10-0 in Paraguay, an absolutely astounding result. The Syria game was far more normal as we beat them comfortably 2-0, before we succumbed to a decent but not great Albania side. We were by far the better side but they played well on the counter attack and in the end we were left nursing a 2-0 loss at home. If anything it showed that we would be an interesting quantity going into the tournament.

Group Stage

08d04a8c96a74ae5400278f341391f5c.png

Guinea Bissau was up first and they put up a hell of a fight against us. Eventually Zaha found the winner in the 2nd half to ease the nerves as we got off the winning start in the Group

2473dc709af8e08fa25718ea1325a859.png

Gabon, were up next and they were considered to be amongst the favourites with us to qualify but an opening group game loss to Benin had thrown that in to doubt and we all but put them out with a superb display as we beat them well by 4-1. Kessie got himself two goals and Traore who has been working his way more and more into my plans also got 2 goals on the night.

7cde9ce58c8a26ebaa5d653d15f685a9.png

Benin was the final opposition and we were in the mood to take no prisoners here as we raced to a 6-0 lead, having lead 4-0 at half-time. Benin pulled one back late, and also got a late sending off but it did not impact the result much as we won 6-1.

ab1da01c15dad2d52b8b5c3e4f104233.png

So we won the group rather easily in the end. Despite the beating that Benin took in the final group game, a draw between Guinea-Bissau and Gabon put them through in 2nd place in the group.

de75d35a5422802739cf3576dff5e10b.png

The Second Round saw us play Tunisia, a formidable foe, but a brilliant first half was enough for us to put the result beyond the North African side as we ran out 3-0 winners to book a semi final place.

c0ee54d0276944e5df919b3519dca99f.png

The Quarter Final should have been a tough affair but we made it look pretty easy in the end. We took lead and led 1-0 at half time and were well worth the lead, but in the second half we turned it up a gear and Guinea did not have a response as we went 4-0 on hour mark. A late goal briefly gave Guinea something to fight for but it was killed off straightaway with another two late goals from us as we won emphatically 6-1.

c01252d9b56213a9252240df106c6f7d.png

The Super Eagles of Nigeria met us in the semi final, and we caught them cold very early in the first half as Boga, got us ahead after just two minutes and on the half hour mark it we were 3-0 up via Fofana and Haller. A goal before half time gave Nigeria some confidence, but that was killed off when Aribo got himself sent off just after half time and Haller got himself a second of the game to make sure, and book our place in the final.

851f40193c43e1135b94b9666fb29b8e.png

Morocco were the opponents in the final and we could have asked for a better start as Boly got himself up for a corner and powered it home after just one minute of the game as we led the North Africans 1-0. The game would remain like that until close to the end of the match when we got a penalty and Kouame slotted it away to make the game safe and give us the African Cup of Nations win on home soil.

bd22edd1d7ee857c5d9bf2d038eef596.png

In the end that is how the final knockout bracket looked.

Now it will be a decision as to whether to stay with Ivory Coast and see what we might be able to do at a World Cup or whether it might be time, to look elsewhere in International management with the African portion of the international career secured.

Summary

1fd2a91244529958d8de03d6dde8b485.png

Career Summary

f6e9d3330435893aec3f0f69c8f52de8.png

spacer.png

Cape Town Spurs

First taste of succes

Melhor de Todos' first season as manager is immediately met with succes when we won the competition, and therefore promotion, with relative ease.

With five games left we were 9 points ahead, so I've put in our new youth prospects for the last 3 games where we only needed a draw to clinch the title. This almost backfired however, because we lost the first game, and the second we were on the losing side when we ultimately scored the equalizer and drew, winning the division with a game to spare.

Financially this club isn't very stable, but seeing as this is a 'new' club I'm tempted to stay and build them to the African CL winners. With a 35k stadium there is a lot of room for growth, and one of the board wishes was to maintain the best youth system of the country, so I'm really tempted as they technically haven't won anything yet, and never the CL as Ajax CT.

spacer.png

Edited by Fizzle

106813.png.f5c98b869c6fdd24cc989c4c7b241c32.png

Crispypaul
Suwon Samsung Bluewings
K League 1

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - an amazing season, unbeaten and lifted the trophy with 13 games to spare

KFA Cup - Fixtures - retained this

AFC Champions League - Fixtures | Table - we had an easy group of Ho Chi Minh City, Grampus Eight, and Bali United which we comfortably won.  In the 2nd round were last season's K-League winners Jeonbuk, whom we smashed 6-2 in the first leg to make the 2nd a formality.  Beijing Guoan were next and a 11-1 aggregate win took us to meet Pohang Steelers in the semis - another big win at home meant despite a narrow away defeat we faced Persepolis of Iran, winners of the previous two competitions.   A comfortable 3-1 win at home gave us comfort in the 2nd leg in Tehran and we took a narrow 2-1 victory to lift the trophy.

Finances - all dandy

Transfers - a few changes here and there, lost a player to a release clause in January

Squad - 10 out of 11 in the AFC Champions League Dream Team

Key players:

Lee Byung-Wook - 

Lee Gi-Yeol

Kim Gun-Hee - another strong season up front

Koya Kitagawa - over 40 goals

Niccolo Fagioli - another good season in midfield

Georgiy Tsitaisvili - flying Ukrainian winger signed on a free after his release from Dynamo Kiev

Hossein Kanaani - picked up the Iranian centre half on a free and he was great

Future - with Asia done at club level I resigned.  However earlier I was appointed Iran manager so have the 2027 Asian Cup to play.

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division		Position			Notes						
2020/21  Cape Town Spurs     	South African 1st  	 1st				Champions, Promoted
2021/22	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Prem	 2nd				Qualified for Champions League
2022/23	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Prem	 1st				Won CAF CL, Cup, Resigned at end of season
2023/24	 Tigres			Liga MX		 	 4th/1st			Won both Apertura and Clausura, qualifed for CL
2024/25	 Tigres			Liga Mx		    	 1st/1st			Won Apertura, Leagues Cup, CONCACAF CL
2025	 Suwon Samsung Bluewings K League 1		 2nd				Won KFA Cup
2026	 Suwon Samsung Bluewings K League 1		 1st				Won KFA Cup, AFC Champions League

International
Year	   Team					Achievements
2023		Nigeria				Won AFCON, resigned after
2026		Iran				Appointed after World Cup

Challenge Progress

Club
 3/10 top domestic leagues (Cape Town Spurs, South Africa, 22/23; Tigres, Mexico, 23/24; Suwon Samsung Bluewings, South Korea, 2026)
 3/10 domestic cups (Cape Town Spurs, South Africa, 22/23; Tigres, Mexico, 23/24; Suwon Samsung Bluewings, South Korea, 2025)
 3/5 club continental championships (Cape Town Spurs, Africa, 22/23; Tigres, North America, 24/25; Suwon Samsung Bluewings, Asia, 2026)

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Nigeria, Africa, 2023)
 0/1 world tournaments 

114.png.ca9c2a98cc008143276e43ea654ec1d9.png

Iran
Asian Cup 2027

Group Stages - Table | Fixtures - just snuck past the Saudis then a mad 7-5 win over Jordan.  A less entertaining 2-0 win over Kuwait set up a tie with Qatar in the 2nd round.

2nd Round

Spoiler

Qatar 3 Iran 7 - defending optional in this one

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

China 0 Iran 1 - just got past an improved China team

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

South Korea 3 Iran 2 - a late defeat to a very good Korean side.  I resigned after the tournament.

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

I've recently loaded up and played some more of my two all time favourite FM saves, a Dafug challenge on FM13 and an UFMC on FM18.  Looking back on my FM18 career with fond memories and having struggled to get into FM 19, 20 & 21 I've decided to give this a go to see if it can hook me in.

I introduce the alternate universe version of my FM18 manager Joaquín Becerra.  Named after my favourite player from my FM13 save.

Profile Pic:

Spoiler

474796488_JoaqunBecarraStart.JPG.fe6de3cfa29d046a8c61386e7ffecbc9.JPG

Surprisingly (for me at least) it only took four months to get my first job with Mexican Expansion League team Universidad de Guadalajara (UdeG).  On the surface it seems like a great job to start off with unless I'm missing something...

Appointment Message:

Spoiler

971730618_UdeGappointment.JPG.40e9b81c22627471fc01a1663addfb2e.JPG

And talking about surprises, I've noticed my manager has gained 10 attribute points whilst I've been job hunting.  The only thing I've done is answer a couple of questions from reporters and watch a couple of games (Boca Juniors & Chacarita Juniors).  Anyway onwards and hopefully upwards :)

1513.png.521044ec4cda411538b44944a5d2016f.png24.png.c2ed9adadf0272e49792e95b1d953cea.png

FCSB (ROMANIA) & IVORY COAST

SEASON 4 (2023/24)

FCSB | First Half of Fixtures | Second Half of Fixtures | League Table | Champions Group Table | Transfers | Squad

FCSB Best Players | Martin Cech | Darius Olaru | Razvan Voicu | Vincent Marcel | Cyriel Dessers

Ivory Coast | 2023 Remaining Fixtures | 2024 Early Fixtures | AFCON Qualifying Group

We left Genk, and there were a few clubs without managers that seemed to us to be options. The likes of Bayer Leverkusen and Sevilla, but also FCSB, the remnant top division side that was Steaua Bucharest, although Steaua Bucharest still exist down the reaches of Romanian football so they go by FCSB after a dispute with regards to rights. When we took over at FCSB, we were in the middle of the African Cup of Nations so that was at the forefront of our mind and the Romanian season starts pretty early, so we were playing matches in the AFCON and starting the season in Romania. We started the season with two losses, but the players were still adapting to the new system that we wanted to play and we had not yet had a chance to really evaluate the squad and get tactical familiarity up. We did win our third game and then we could not stop winning, we quickly rose up the table and at one point I though that CS Craiova would be the team challenging but they eventually fell away, until really in the end Viitorul were not super far behind but absolutely nowhere near us. After the league split we were 8 points ahead, which is a lot in leagues like this and we were never going to be caught as we cruised to the league title.

The sore point in all of this was the Romanian Cup, which did not go to plan, the game we lost early on against Viitorul came pretty early on and while we had begun our run of wins, we were not yet fully in the swing of things and we lost. Had we won it, it would have been adios to Romania and onto pastures new, but without the cup over the season I thought about especially once I knew I had won the league and the decision is to remain for another season to try and capture that Romanian Cup. If we leave now, eventually we will need to capture the odd remaining cup elsewhere even if we manage league and cup doubles everywhere we go, so we may as well have another stab at it.

In terms of the players, Martin Cech, whom we got from Czech outfit Viktoria Plzen has been absolutely incredible, managing 49 league goals in 35 appearances. He has been bordering on unplayable all season and was quite the find for us. Another key standout was Darius Olaru, Romanian, and already at the club when we arrived who managed 18 goals, 15 assists and 15 man of the matches, which is quite frankly ridiculous in itself. The remaining transfers are in the screenshot, but all combined to make us a better team than I found it, and I may look to strengthen again to make absolutely sure that we can hit the ground running and challenge for the cup and of course the league also. We will be in the Champions League but realistically we are not going to have a chance at that. Qualifying for the group stages would be pretty good going for us, but if we do we can always use some reputational enhancements so I would not be too unhappy with that.

In terms of the Ivory Coast, we decided to stay on after the AFCON win, because really there were no better options out there. Saudi Arabia was an available job, but the Asian Cup had just finished as well and it would be 4 years until the next one. At least with Ivory Coast I feel we have an outside chance at doing something at a World Cup whereas with Saudi Arabia we would likely not be doing much at all, so for now we remain with Ivory Coast, but we will be leaving after the World Cup, come what may come. In terms of results, after the AFCON it was a few friendlies, and qualifying for the AFCON again, as we strongly in our group, already beating Cameroon away, so it looks like we will be participating in another AFCON tournament. We also got past Ethiopia in the preliminary phase of World Cup qualifying

Summary

3653efd5cdc1a3a03a81988f90d416d1.png

f02b79348033bdf0092b37cf98646f2e.png

Career Summary

c3e746c2d7cba8e0fb2dcf945bc4d707.png

947.png.ad7f19e1cd7c89bc629ca29deacd3345.png 

Crispypaul
Hamburg FC
1. Bundesliga
2026/27

I joined Hamburg just after the Asian Cup.  Unfortunately I hadn't realised how poor they were, including being substantially in debt with a terrible squad.

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - good lord this is a bad team - did what we could but ended up being relegated on the last day...

DFB Pokal - Fixtures - out before I joined

Finances - this is after prize money but there is a £30m+ loan outstanding

Transfers - nothing to do with me

Squad - nowhere near good enough

Key players

N/A

Future - what a misstep!  I'm not managing in the 2nd division and there's too many problems so I resigned at the end of the season

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division		Position			Notes						
2020/21  Cape Town Spurs     	South African 1st  	 1st				Champions, Promoted
2021/22	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Prem	 2nd				Qualified for Champions League
2022/23	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Prem	 1st				Won CAF CL, Cup, Resigned at end of season
2023/24	 Tigres			Liga MX		 	 4th/1st			Won both Apertura and Clausura, qualifed for CL
2024/25	 Tigres			Liga Mx		    	 1st/1st			Won Apertura, Leagues Cup, CONCACAF CL
2025	 Suwon Samsung Bluewings K League 1		 2nd				Won KFA Cup
2026	 Suwon Samsung Bluewings K League 1		 1st				Won KFA Cup, AFC Champions League
2026/27	 Hamburg		1. Bundesliga	         17th				Joined February, Relegated, Resigned

International
Year	   Team					Achievements
2023		Nigeria				Won AFCON, resigned after
2026		Iran				Appointed after World Cup
2027 		Iran				Lost in Asian Cup SF, resigned

Challenge Progress

Club
 3/10 top domestic leagues (Cape Town Spurs, South Africa, 22/23; Tigres, Mexico, 23/24; Suwon Samsung Bluewings, South Korea, 2026)
 3/10 domestic cups (Cape Town Spurs, South Africa, 22/23; Tigres, Mexico, 23/24; Suwon Samsung Bluewings, South Korea, 2025)
 3/5 club continental championships (Cape Town Spurs, Africa, 22/23; Tigres, North America, 24/25; Suwon Samsung Bluewings, Asia, 2026)

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Nigeria, Africa, 2023)
 0/1 world tournaments 

1513.png.521044ec4cda411538b44944a5d2016f.png24.png.c2ed9adadf0272e49792e95b1d953cea.png

FCSB (ROMANIA) & IVORY COAST

SEASON 5 (2024/25)

FCSB | Early Season Fixtures | Middle Season Fixtures | End of Season Fixtures | League Table | Champions Playoff Table | Champions League Group | Transfers | Squad

FCSB Top Players | Martin Cech | Cyriel Dessers | Laszlo Nagy | Roland Zan Bi | Matej Kovar

Ivory Coast | 2024 Fixtures | 2025 Fixtures | AFCON Qualifying Group | AFCON Group

This season was made all the harder by the fact that the board was content to seemingly sell anyone at the club for any price, some we managed to convince them of their folly, others we couldn't but the players did not agree terms with the interested club and others left, and it was difficult to replace key players as the transfer screenshot shows. This was made a whole lot worse when we agreed terms with another club to leave at the end of the season and the transfer policy was passed into the hands of the board at the club, then they really tried hard to screw us over, but in the end we would be Romanian champions again, following an extremely strong first phase where we opened up a huge lead and then in the second phase we were far worse and to be honest came close to blowing but we held on to win the league.

In the cup, we managed to do what this whole year was all about and secure the Cupa Romaniei, which was pretty much easy until the final when we faced Viitorul and narrowly saw our way to the winners spot winning in the end 4-3 in a topsy turvy tussle. European football for us was pretty successful, we destroyed our opponents in the qualifying for the Champions League, but the group was far too strong to give us a chance but we did manage to sneak into 3rd spot and continue in the Europa League, a few wins in the knockout rounds including against former club Genk eventually saw us exit to Arsenal narrowly over two legs. We were one goal away at home of knocking Arsenal out, but it was a step too far. All in all it we gave a good account of ourselves.

Cech again was a goalscoring monster this season, but he did get injured so his league numbers are stunted but in all competitions he average well over a goal a game. This is our final season in Romania. I will keep the club we are going to a surprise for now, but our job is successfully completed in Romania and we move onto the next challenge.

On the international football front, we have remained at the Ivory Coast after our AFCON win because there were not better options, and I felt it would not be a bad idea to have a go with them at a World Cup. The results have been patchy at times and we were not able to repeat our AFCON triumph from two years ago, falling to Morocco in the Semi Final after an early red card wrote us off, eventually we would finish in 4th place as we also lost out to Mali in the 3rd/4th place playoff. We already have the trophy so it does not matter to me much, but the Federation was not too happy so I may be able to consider myself a little lucky to still be in the job. World Cup qualifying is going to plan so far so I expect us to be in North America for that tournament and we will see what we can do when we get there.

Summary

07f84325f26bc2dc947e430df4584a56.png

f5c409df09cee9304e2602193057da54.png

Career Summary

899d0c69728be7f38198f45f1b839d5c.png

337.png.b62655ba15b1f1d963682042e63a0cd2.png24.png.c2ed9adadf0272e49792e95b1d953cea.png

SAO PAULO (BRAZIL) & IVORY COAST

Sao Paulo| Early Season Fixtures | Middle Season Fixtures | End of Season Fixtures | League Table | Transfers | Squad

Top Sao Paulo Players | Pedro | Bruno Veglio | Ed Carlos | Ynaia Kaire Peres | Fernando Costanza

Ivory Coast | 2025 Fixtures | World Cup Qualifying Group

Upon leaving FCSB, we immediately jumped to Sao Paulo who were already several matches into the new Brazilian league season, with the State Championship having already ended for the season and we were also already out of the Copa do Brasil. The club were sitting in 12th place, but it was still early in the season and there was plenty we could still do to affect the position, but a gap had already opened up to the top of the league. We did not make any transfers ourselves, as we already in the league season I was unwillingly to trade players in and out and potentially not be able to register them and I thought the squad was at least good enough for us to be doing better. We started with a draw but we quickly improved and very quickly we had hit the Copa Libertadores places in the league. Flamengo, Palmeiras and Atletico Paranaense were the teams emerging as potential title winners and we were in the mix too. It took us until the end of the season to final reach the top of the table, and then we traded places with Palmeiras for a while, but eventually they started to stumbled and we more or less stayed on course. With a game to go we could win the title but it was essentially already won due to our goal difference and a draw against Fortaleza mathematically sealed the title, and we were Brazilian Champions. The first title for Sao Paulo since 2008, so a major achievement for the club, fans and the board.

Elsewhere we were also still in the Copa Sudamerica, the equivalent of the Europa League for South America. We faced Estudiantes La Plata in the first round and got past them and eventually managed to claw our way past fellow Brazilian sides to the final we faced fellow countrymen Santos. Unfortunately our run stopped there as we were well beaten in the final 4-1 by Santos. The trophy does not count towards our goals but still it would have been nice to have captured it, still I would rather win the league than the Sudamerica. Next year we will be in the Copa Libertadores and so our targets will be that and the Copa do Brasil to produce a clean sweep of South America.

With the Ivory Coast it was friendlies and World Cup qualifying, we actually had a bit of scare in qualifying, a loss to Morocco meant that we finished behind them in the group, but with the expanded World Cup some second place teams qualify for the finals and we were amongst them so booked our place to tournament in the USA, Mexico and Canada next year.

A note as well regarding leagues, since Belgium and Romania are now effectively done and I won't be returning, they were replaced with South Korea to help provide another route to the Asian glory, and Portugal as it is my nationality and I could perhaps get a job there at some point with one of the big boys.

Summary

ff1b5f5c358858bc0c364447b358f926.png

069f139b798063dc2c0929b93bb21803.png

Career Summary

5253c9af6df0597f1d64d848f6927c05.png

A flurry of activity and I’m loving it. Some really good reads going on here and I enjoyed each and every update. I’m still plodding along with Liverpool but this season is proving long and slow. Should have an update over the next couple of days though. Keep up the good work all.

spacer.png

Cape Town Spurs 21/22

We had a turbulent season where the tactic didn't completely click and the club finances where deep red, but we've managed to correct both, finishing 7th and winning the Nedbank Cup putting us in the black and adding to the silverware! I didn't do much transfers, which might be the reason the tactic didn't quie work. I've put my trust in youth players and they did a decent enough job, but if I get enough budget I'll try to bring in some better players to push us towards the top 3. Also I've managed to get two coaching licenses to better myself and/or get another, higher gig somewhere down the line.

spacer.png

spacer.png

24.png.c2ed9adadf0272e49792e95b1d953cea.png

IVORY COAST 

WORLD CUP 2026 IN USA, MEXICO & CANADA

Squad |

Our group draw was actually one of the harder groups in the new format competition as we drew Chile and Croatia, in what would an expected tough passage to the second round. We decided to play three friendlies before the tournament all away from home, and we did pretty well beating Colombia 5-1, drawing to Romania 1-1 and beating Kuwait 5-2.

Group Stage

676a71a2d9f8c5b85f24c844a2a41804.png

The tournament started very well for us as we beat Chile in the opening game 3-0. They had a man sent off in the 30th, and we got a penalty out of the decision as well which would put us 2-0 up and end the contest there and then in the first half. Eventually we got a 3rd goal to make the game as safe as it can be.

ac235251f324d1421734b44cf4585b2c.png

Croatia was up next and we knew it was going to be a tough game and at half time our early goal 2 goals had been brought back to within 1 goal by Palaversa. But in the 2nd half we were much the better team and we got an early second half goal to pretty much seal the game. A late goal for us added the cherry on top, but a late sending off by Kessie, really would impact us as he would be missing for the next round and he was such an important player for us.

Group Stage Table

28d335a32018b1df4bc9385a60303384.png

We had Mexico in the 2nd Round and we were without Franck Kessie, pretty much the best player in the Ivory Coast line up. It was a very even game, although we were arguably the better side with the better chances, but we could not find the net and that would be punished late in the game when Mexico got a penalty 8 minutes from time which Macias put away to send Mexico through to the next round. Our World Cup was over at the Second Round stage, and it was a very disappointing way for things to end for us with the Ivory Coast. We tendered our resignation as soon as the game ended.

b1b187b045341d15ed18555c0bbef344.jpg

The World Cup went on without us, Mexico would end up losing in the next round to surprise package Scotland who would got as far as the semi final eventually losing to Germany on penalties, but on the way also sending Brazil out of the tournament. In the other semi final Portugal would overcome England to book a Germany vs Portugal final. In the end the Germans proved too strong for the Portuguese as they won out 4-1 in the final to lift the trophy.

Career Summary

3bf3c9958994cec25b7f22198a64daf8.png

Edited by TerminalPortugal

Crest.png.dbd343d8a7ac394ab7a401e94664a34f.png

Liverpool FC: 2067/68 Review

So my second season in Merseyside has drawn to a close and I’m left feeling empty and disappointed. A season that looked like being full of promise caved away for us and in the end my second season finished without a trophy, the same as the first. There was one bright spark for me though as I finally managed to get my hands on the managerial position in charge of the Mexico national team. They won the Gold Cup shortly before the Premier League season kicked off and their manager of eight years opted to leave on a high. I moved quickly and was appointed shortly after. Hopefully I can chalk off some international honours quickly with the worlds second ranked team.

table68.png.1300619a41a5a68836b2693f2fce4618.png

For much of the season we were dimly in a title race, before a poor spell over February and March saw us slip off the pace. After a bright start I opted to bring in a proven goal scorer as our issues seemed to be with putting the ball in the back of the net. In January we parted with £90,000,000 to sign Bayern Munich striker Maciej Lewnadowski in a deal which turned out to be a complete flop. He failed to impress and our form slipped away. Our chance to win the title disappeared after a shock defeat to West Ham and we were left wondering what could’ve been. A brief blip from Manchester City saw us take the title to the penultimate day but we fell short and after a defeat on the final day slipped down to 3rd.

Outside of the league things went just as badly. We lost to my former side Paris Saint Germain 0-1 on aggregate in the first knockout round of the Champions League as well as suffering a disappointing early exit in the FA Cup too. The League Cup offered a glimmer of hope, before we suffered an embarrassing defeat to Fulham on penalties in the Quarter Finals.

My two year contract with Liverpool is about to expire and there has been no offer of a new one. To be honest I have no intentions of staying anyways and will be looking to move on. Two trophy free seasons have left me frustrated and disappointed and it’s time for me to find a new challenge elsewhere. I want to chalk off more trophies but I just don’t see it happening with this team. I’d picked up some decent players but I just feel that challenging with the two Manchester clubs is asking for too much. I’m about to resign from my position and see what I can find as the next step in my career.

Crest.png.bd369600eab5126eb053eeca1a238838.png

I had spend several years waiting for the Mexico job to become available, mainly because of the opportunity to try and win both the Gold Cup of North America and the Copa America competition too. Mexico are one of the biggest nations in the world football wise now and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on them. The Gold Cup had finished just before my arrival, but the Copa America was next year and of course the Gold Cup is a biannual competition meaning I could get a crack at that pretty soon afterwards as well.

My spell at the helm has been pretty successful so far, whilst I’ve also been pretty experimental with my team selection. First up my side beat Czech Republic 1-0 in a friendly before a quite ridiculous 19-0 victory over St Vincent I’m the North American Nations League. We followed those results with wins over Haiti (2-0 and 7-0) and a 3-0 win in the St Vincent return. On top of that was a 3-0 friendly win over Bosnia and a 2-1 victory over the Netherlands in yet another friendly. We’ve reached the semi finals of the Nations League and have the Copa America to look forward to. That competition kicks off soon but before that we will play Costa Rica in the semi final of the Nations League and then the final if we win that contest. Hopefully this summer will bring some significant international success after a disappointing campaign at club level.

2020/21 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	2nd		
2021/22 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	1st (C)		SA First Division Winners
2022/23 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		SA Knockout Cup Winners
2023/24 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		
2024/25 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		Confederations Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2025/26 SuperSport United	SA Premier		1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Cup Winners, CAF Super Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners, 
2026/27 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		SA Knockout Cup Winners, CAF Champions League Winners
2027	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	6th		
2028	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Chinese FA Cup Winners
2029	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Asian Champions League Winners, Chinese FA Cup Winners
2030	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	1st (C)		Chinese Super League Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2031	DC United		MLS East Conference	6th		
2032/33 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	5th		Copa Argentinos Winners
2033/34 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Sudamericana Winners, Copa Argentinos Winners, Argentinian Super Cup Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners
2034/35 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Libertadores Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners
2035	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	5th		MLS Western Conference Winners
2036	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st (C)		MLS Cup Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, MLS Western Conference Winners, Leagues Cup Winners
2037	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st		MLS Western Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, Campeones Cup Winners
2038/39	Mainz FC/ Schalke 04	Bundesliga		-
2039	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	5th		
2040	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	1st		Supporters Shield Winners
2041	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	-		CONCACAF Champions League Winners
2041/42	Bayer Leverkusen	Bundesliga		4th
2042/43	Bayer Leverkusen	Bundesliga		4th
2043/44 Bayer Leverkusen	Bundesliga		6th
2044/45 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		7th
2045/46 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		1st (C)		Bundesliga Winners
2046/47 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		2nd		DFL Super Cup Winners
2047/48 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		1st (C)		Bundesliga Winners
2048/49	-
2049/50	-
2050/51	AS Monaco		French Ligue 1		3rd		French Super Cup Winners	
2051/52	AS Monaco		French Ligue 1		3rd
2052/53 CF Valencia		La Liga			3rd		European Super Cup Winners, Copa del Rey Winners
2053/54	CF Valencia		La Liga			3rd		Spanish Super Cup Winners
2054/55	CF Valencia		La Liga			3rd
2055/56	CF Valencia		La Liga			1st (C)		La Liga winners, Spanish Super Cup Winners
2056/57 -
2057/58	Napoli			Serie A			-
2057/58	AC Milan		Serie A			4th
2058/59	AC Milan		Serie A			3rd		Europa League Winners
2059/60	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, Taca da Liga Cup Winners
2060/61	FC Porto		Superliga		3rd		UEFA Champions League Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners
2061/62	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, UEFA Super Cup Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners, Taca de Liga Cup Winners 
2062/63	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners, Taca da Liga Winners
2063/64	FC Porto		Superliga		1st (C)		Superliga winners, Portuguese Cup winners,Taca da Liga Winners
2064/65	FC Porto		Superliga		1st (C)		Superliga winners, Portuguese Super Cup winners
2065/66	Paris Saint Germain	French Ligue 1		1st (C)		Ligue 1 winners, Coupe de France winners, French Super Cup winners
2066/67	Liverpool		Premier League		3rd
2067/68 Liverpool		Premier League		3rd

Year		Nation			Honours
2042-2046	France			Nations League Winners (2043)
2046-2048	Columbia
2048-2049	Nigeria
2049-2051	Morocco			African Cup of Nations Winners (2051)
2054-2055	South Korea
2057-2060	Brazil
2060-2064	Spain			World Cup Winners (2062), Nations League winners (2063)
2066-2067	South Korea		Asia Cup Winners (2067)
2067-present	Mexico	

7/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League, 2030 Chinese Super League Winners, 2037 MLS Cup Winners, 2045/46 Bundesliga Winners, 2055/56 La Liga winners, 2063/64 Portuguese Superliga winners, 2065/66 Ligue 1 winners)
6/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners, 2032/33 Copa Argentinos Winners, 2053 Copa del Rey Winners, 2059 Taca de Liga Portugal Winners, 2065/66 Coupe de France winners)
5/5 club continental championships (2026/27 CAF Champions League Winners, 2029 Asian Champions League Winners, 2034/35 Copa Libertadores Winners, 2041 CONCACAF Champions League Winners, 2060/61 UEFA Champions League Winners)

2/5 continental competitions (2051 African Cup of Nations, 2067 Asia Cup)
1/1 world tournaments (2062 World Cup)

337.png.b62655ba15b1f1d963682042e63a0cd2.png1651.png.7449d87a4769900a318e0c7c0fc177bf.png

SAO PAULO (BRAZIL) & BRAZIL

Sao Paulo | First Fixtures of Season | Middle Fixtures of Season | Final Fixtures of Season | League Table | Paulistao Table | Copa Libertadores Group | Transfers | Squad |

Sao Paulo Top Players | Bruno Veglio | Pedro | Carlos Augusto | Fernando Costanza | Ynaia Kaire Peres

We started the season off by bringing a couple of players that would provide us with a little more depth and trying to fend off bids for our players. We lost our first trophy of the season in Supercup against Flamengo, but we would recover to win the Paulistao pretty easily in the end, qualifying for the final tournament and winning the whole things. The league was the least important thing this season having finished it last season but we were a cut above the rest of the teams, although Santos ran us pretty close and again we only really got to the top of the table towards the end of the season and then opened the gap when Flamengo and Santos started to drop points. In the Copa do Brasil we managed to win that too, the Semi Final being the hairiest game as we got past Santos on penalties and then found Flamengo to be easier opposition in the final winning 4-0 over two legs.

In the Copa Libertadores, we blitzed our group, and then had a procession of Brazilian clubs leading to the final, knocking off Gremio, Santos and Fluminense before we faced off against Argentina's Boca Juniors. The final itself was a tough affair, and only came to life in extra time following a 0-0 draw. In the second half of extra time perhaps fatigue set in for the Argentinians as we smashed 4 goals past them in the last 10 minutes to lift the Libertadores. In the end we completed everything we wanted to do and got four trophies in the process. I was considering staying on for the FIFA World Club Cup, but that will not occur until 2029, so that means that our time at Sao Paulo is done.

After the World Cup failure with Ivory Coast, a host of international sides had vacancies at the manager position and in the end we opted for the Brazilian National Team job. I will likely leave the Brazilian leagues loaded to help us with that. We have not played any games following Brazil's exit to Scotland, and the last match of the previous managers reign, but I hope we can win the Copa America and have a real shot at the World Cup in 4 years time.

We are officially a quarter of the way through this challenge with this year completed, so we are making good time, but I suspect that things will get harder as we come down to the last few trophies remaining.

Summary

809363c637a08965c6882ebb7f79545c.png

daabd02b049ecde4dbe354eb27801ec6.png

Career Summary

09147d281adb566169795eeb4eef2aa0.png

Crest.png.f973b894b11b6d36499fd224f317535f.png

Mexico: Copa America 2068

I didn’t have much time to rest on my resignation from Liverpool with a busy summer ahead of me in charge of the Mexico international team. We had both the Nations League and the Copa America to focus on and the opportunity to win another international honour towards this challenge. This was the beginning of an important spell for me as I had been waiting for the job with Mexico to become available for several years. There was also the small matter of trying to find my next position in club management as well. Having left Liverpool I was left pretty open to ideas but in the end picked up a pretty good role.

Employed.png.f45845f21f6849798e03f8326d3b45da.png

I’m delighted to pick up such a historic job and to have the opportunity to ply my trade in Turin. I return to Italy after my spell with AC Milan and hopefully this one will be much more successful. A couple of mediocre years doesn’t take away that they are a huge club and this is an incredible opportunity. Hopefully I can stay for a few years and pick up yet more success. They finished disappointingly and surprisingly down in 6th last season though, meaning I will be managing in the Europa League rather than the Champions League this time. I’ll leave it there for now because as I said my priorities over the summer laid very much with Mexico.

Before the Copa America was to get underway in Chile we had the opportunity to win the Nations League of North America. I was hoping it would set us up nicely ahead of a major tournament and that is exactly what happened for us.

232081214_NationsLeague.png.d2953e05aa1c57f0c1916d8b42e72e40.png

After breezing through Costa Rica 6-0 in a one sided semi final we then comfortably dispatched the USA to win the trophy in style. A 4-0 victory over the Americans was a real surprise but also extremely pleasing. I used the same squad as I had named for the Copa America and it was good to pick up a trophy whilst also giving everybody some warm up time ahead of the much bigger tournament to come.

Having won one competition our focus quickly shifted and we moved on to Chile for the Copa America. Although it was nice to win the Nations League for me it was irrelevant this summer and I would have traded it in a heart beat to walk away with this trophy instead. My squad contained a couple of uncapped players but in honesty there weren’t any real surprises within it. There was plenty of quality within it and we would need to show it during a very competitive competition.

Group.png.53ea9b9ae56a87d155999e8ad06a082d.png

As expected we managed to progress with relative ease although it’s fair to say we weren’t as impressive as i had hoped. We opened up against Peru where we needed a stoppage time winner to triumph 3-1. We put our best performance in against Chile in our second game, winning 4-1 after scoring two goals in the opening six minutes of the game. The third game saw us fall behind for the first time in the tournament, and despite creating plenty of chances we crashed to a shock 0-1 defeat against Ecuador. Our biggest test came in the next game where we produced a really good performance in a 0-0 draw with Brazil. We were the better of the two teams, but we couldn’t find the necessary breakthrough. Thankfully results elsewhere meant we had secured qualification from the group stage with a game to spare. I made a whole host of changes to rest players and we actually did well to fight back and draw 1-1 with Columbia. It wasn’t the most convincing of group stage performances by us, but we’d secured a spot in the quarter finals and that was all that really mattered.

1454186346_QuarterFinal.png.59a5c1dd4387777797076031b119c85e.png

Our poor group campaign really cost us as well, drawing the difficult Argentina in the quarter finals. We fell behind early on and never really managed to fight back into the game. I’m truth we looked more likely to concede again than score ourselves and we ended the game having been battered for ninety minutes. They did add gloss with a second just before the whistle and we were left licking our wounds and wondering what went wrong.

The tournament proved a major disappointment for us as we crashed out much earlier than anticipated and much earlier than we wanted. It was a deserved exit though and simply put we weren’t good enough throughout the tournament. Not one of the strikers in our squad scored during the tournament and that was really where our problems laid. The win over hosts Chile was the only real positive for us and that’s extremely disappointing for me as manager. I don’t want to depart though and I’m keen to try and rebuild this squad for the future. Some fresh young blood needs to be brought in and I think I’m the right man to do it. Time will tell if I’m given the time here, but I’m definitely hoping that I am the man chosen to carry on this task.

2024/25 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		Confederations Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2025/26 SuperSport United	SA Premier		1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Cup Winners, CAF Super Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners, 
2026/27 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		SA Knockout Cup Winners, CAF Champions League Winners
2029	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Asian Champions League Winners, Chinese FA Cup Winners
2030	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	1st (C)		Chinese Super League Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2033/34 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Sudamericana Winners, Copa Argentinos Winners, Argentinian Super Cup Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners
2034/35 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Libertadores Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners
2035	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	5th		MLS Western Conference Winners
2036	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st (C)		MLS Cup Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, MLS Western Conference Winners, Leagues Cup Winners
2037	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st		MLS Western Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, Campeones Cup Winners
2048/49	-
2049/50	-
2052/53 CF Valencia		La Liga			3rd		European Super Cup Winners, Copa del Rey Winners
2055/56	CF Valencia		La Liga			1st (C)		La Liga winners, Spanish Super Cup Winners
2056/57 -
2059/60	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, Taca da Liga Cup Winners
2060/61	FC Porto		Superliga		3rd		UEFA Champions League Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners
2061/62	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, UEFA Super Cup Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners, Taca de Liga Cup Winners 
2062/63	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners, Taca da Liga Winners
2063/64	FC Porto		Superliga		1st (C)		Superliga winners, Portuguese Cup winners,Taca da Liga Winners
2064/65	FC Porto		Superliga		1st (C)		Superliga winners, Portuguese Super Cup winners
2065/66	Paris Saint Germain	French Ligue 1		1st (C)		Ligue 1 winners, Coupe de France winners, French Super Cup winners
2068/69	Juventus		Serie A			TBC

Year		Nation			Honours
2046-2048	Columbia
2048-2049	Nigeria
2054-2055	South Korea
2057-2060	Brazil
2067-present	Mexico			NA Nations League Winners (2068)

7/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League, 2030 Chinese Super League Winners, 2037 MLS Cup Winners, 2045/46 Bundesliga Winners, 2055/56 La Liga winners, 2063/64 Portuguese Superliga winners, 2065/66 Ligue 1 winners)
6/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners, 2032/33 Copa Argentinos Winners, 2053 Copa del Rey Winners, 2059 Taca de Liga Portugal Winners, 2065/66 Coupe de France winners)
5/5 club continental championships (2026/27 CAF Champions League Winners, 2029 Asian Champions League Winners, 2034/35 Copa Libertadores Winners, 2041 CONCACAF Champions League Winners, 2060/61 UEFA Champions League Winners)

1644.png.74266ee7736e042ebecefa3a99ed6ee7.png1651.png.7449d87a4769900a318e0c7c0fc177bf.png

MAMELODI SUNDOWNS (SOUTH AFRICA) & BRAZIL

2026/27

Mamelodi Sundowns | First Half of Fixtures | Second Half of Fixtures | League Table | Transfers | Squad

Top Sundowns Players | Loyiso Mabaso | Sherwin Abrahams | Lebogang Phiri | Ryan Moon | Riyaaz Koopstadt

Brazil | 2027 Fixtures |

We picked up at Mamelodi Sundowns and things had been going extremely bad for them. Considering they are one of the best teams in South Africa, they sat in the relegation places in 15th and some 20 odd points behind Orlando Pirates who lead the league. Considering the gap there was no chance that we could improve enough to challenge Orlando Pirates and I was doubtful we could do much but limp to mid table. But from the moment I took over we were brilliant. In all competitions we would lose only 1 game, away to Kaizer Chiefs in the league, the rest of the games we won, as we stormed up the table and finished in 2nd place to qualify for the AFC Champions League, which was a great achievement. We also managed to win the Nedbank Cup as we got all the way to the final and beat Orlando Pirates to capture a cup in South Africa and get that achievement done nice and early.

The key for us in South Africa, is to get the Champions League done, we can forego the league to be honest by virtue that we still need to go to North America and Asia, and have already achieved three different league titles outside of the 5 that we also need to capture in Europe. So the league would be nice, but it is not a requirement, we will not lose time moving on from Africa, if we don't win it as long as we get the Champions League done. We were so good this season, after I took over that I think we will be able to challenge on all fronts next season.

For Brazil we took our first games in charge, but they were friendlies, and we managed some nice solid wins against Australia and our former nation Ivory Coast to make it a winning start to the season.

Summary

9b67a8b9ada2fd70266ff6ea77507ac9.png

850f67fc1f77a6bda63a7b4fa44daeca.png

Career Summary

12a76147c157ec31fb827eb0906ae823.png

image.png.5afd0350b3489c4160991d557c816099.png

image.png.36642241fda3247efaca5ef030392089.png

Two more trophy wins for me. Firstly, the Club World Cup was acquired with Man Utd. A couple of narrow wins in the knockouts against LAFC and Liverpool sandwiched a demolishing of Spurs.

On the international scene, we've just picked up the Gold Cup with Mexico, beating USA aet following a Hirving Lozano free kick. With immediate effect I have resigned as Mexico coach. World Cup 2030 is not far away, though I can list a win already with France in 2026. I'm hoping for a decent African/Asian job after the tournament so I can knock those off ASAP, as I suspect that winning Copa America is not as difficult due to the levels of newgens created in the game as the save continues.

Up to 15 trophies now!

image.png.080a755ed5b238358be367e4238dcd68.png

Wow there’s some really successful saves going on in here! Trophies flying around like crazy! Makes me feel pathetic for being so far adrift and so far through 🙈 this thread is making for good reading though!

1 hour ago, goonergez said:

Wow there’s some really successful saves going on in here! Trophies flying around like crazy! Makes me feel pathetic for being so far adrift and so far through 🙈 this thread is making for good reading though!

The fact that you're still invested in your save in 2068 is an achievement in itself and a testament to the challenge in a whole. As long as I'm enjoying the challenge I hope to still be playing the save well into the late 21st century haha. 

I'm finding that the more challenging the league is, the more I enjoy it, so I won't mind staying longer at a club to build something more lasting. 

1301390ab74703140d15ce9.png38c7f66bd770325f26.png

African Cup of Nations - 2025

Group Stage

Spoiler

African-Cup-of-Nations_-Stages767e0d7274

Results

After a slow start drawing with Egypt, we managed to pull our selves together and got stronger as the group went on.

Second Round

Spoiler

Second-Round2aedb91f425776bf.png

Rotated my team in this one and my second string team have been outperforming my main team so far this tournament.

Quarter Final

Spoiler

Quarter-Finalea1b0c36b8c7e3c8.png

We conceded an early goal in this game and gout ourselves back in to it fairly quickly. However it took us much longer to take the lead as the nerves we starting to kick in. We were dominant but the breakthrough didn't look like coming, thankfully it did.

Semi Final

Spoiler

Semi-Final5f09e73fb0c0d4de.png

Got off to a really good start in this game but it was a lot closer than the score line suggests. Algeria absolutely hammered us second half and we were fortunate to come away with a fairly comfortable win.

Final

Spoiler

Final78bb1a483012907f.png

Once again such a poor performance from my so called big players, Awobi, Osimhen etc must of averaged about a 6.2 this tournament. After going 1-0 we decided to push for the win with 30 or so minutes to go, we got the break through and I decided to keep going for it as I felt we were the better team. As you can see we got countered and lost in the final :(

I've not been sacked thankfully so I think I'm going to try and stay with Nigeria till the next ACON providing I don't get sacked for a poor performance at the World Cup beforehand.

INTERNATIONAL PROGRESS

150795105_InternationalProgress.thumb.png.5a290f1110dd051b029e6e077d64ac93.png

65042312b16c846b7bfd0432.png

CAPE UMOYA UNITED FC

2024/25

Manager Profile: Crowy 2025

Key Players: Luke Fleurs ~ Lyle Foster ~ Nkosinathi Maphutha ~ Rodrigo Lira ~ Shungu Dutiro

Squad: Overview ~ Match Stats

131234b245a1d7b95e54c0.png

Board Expectations: Top 3 | Runners Up

DSTV-Premiership_-Stagese884787c8c42c3a6

DSTV Premiership ~ MTN 8 ~ Telkom Knockout ~ Nedbank Cup

After having an horrifically poor start to the season, we didn't end up doing too badly. Orlando Pirates had such a good start I knew I was never going to be able to catch them.  Whilst we had started to turn it around late November/December the main signings for us came in January with Lyle Foster and Luke Fleurs coming in they made a world of difference to this team. Dutiro is a good player but as you could see he was not scoring many in the league. In fact he got majority of his goals after Foster came in and I had to play him out on the right due to injuries. Overall pretty happy with how things finished. Hopefully I can finally get that league title next year. I have signed a new 3 year deal as well, I feel I'm getting so close and I've become attached to this club. I'm hoping in 3 years I can have everything ticked off in this part of the world before I move on.

127299efb55cbad7792212.png

Board Expectations: Reach Final | Winners!

Orange-CAF-Champions-League_-Stages8d9cc

(Results)

After the heartbreak of the ACON it was nice to add a Champions League. I'd of liked to have ticked both of my shopping list but it weren't meant to be. In the CAF Champions League though as you can see we dominated from start to finish Dutiro unlike in the league was clinical in this competition. I'm surprised we wonit so convincingly as there are some good teams in this competition. Just the league to complete not before I end this great journey with Cape Umoya!

Apologies for such the long update I like to cram as much as I can in to one update

CAREER PROGRES

659840766_ClubProgress.thumb.png.e7728f8a34de7c9a5841dcd501bbb340.png

Edited by Crowy

1644.png.74266ee7736e042ebecefa3a99ed6ee7.png1651.png.7449d87a4769900a318e0c7c0fc177bf.png

MAMELODI SUNDOWNS (SOUTH AFRICA) & BRAZIL

2027/28

Sundowns | First Half of Fixtures | Second Half of Fixtures | League Table | Champions League Group | Transfers | Squad |

Top Sundowns Players | Loyiso Mabaso | Lameck Sakala | Sherwin Abrahams | Sabelo Khumalo | Athini Donn

Brazil | 2027 Fixtures | 2028 Fixtures | World Cup Qualifying Group

This season at Mamelodi Sundowns, the goal was to win the Champions League. The league was secondary, although we would take it if we could get it. We started the season well although we exited the MTN8 early on. Overall though that would be the only real disappointment in an almost perfect season as we captured the Telkom Cup, Nedbank Cup, DSTV Premiership and the CAF Champions League all in the same season. In the league we opened up a very early lead in the league only dropping points for the first time in the 10th game of the league season and we barely dropped many more after that. In the Champions League we got through the group without much problem before dispatching Setif, Orlando Pirates and Zamalek in the final, again all pretty routine in the end, which completes our time in Africa, having already completed the AFCON with Ivory Coast some years ago on the international front.

With Brazil we finally got to manage them for the first time in the competitive game as we opened up the World Cup Qualifying campaign and things have gone very well as we won all games so far, without conceding a goal and we sit pretty top of the group and looking certainties to be Spain in 2030. The Copa America is right around the corner and if we can win that one then we that would be another trophy ticked off the board that we need. We certainly look like the best team in South America at the moment but anything can happen in one off matches so we can only hope that we can get the job done.

Summary

0b5025f386a83a53bb4d32de7eb1afa2.png

36a68730c67631be2756587a20ef09a5.png

Career Summary

79b92f498cdd20e7acdcc352124867b7.png

Universidad de Guadalajara

2020/2021

I took over on the 13th October 2020 with the team in 14th position and our next game the following day.
We started with a 2-0 win using a 3-4-3 possesion based system and over the next few games that changed until I settled on a 4-3-3 DM Wide system.
Four straight wins meant we finished in 11th place and qualified for the playoff stage and continued our good form to win the opening stage championship.

Opening Stage Results from appointment:

Spoiler

image.png.ded65eabc78802e1ffb9691013fd51f7.png

For the Closing Stage campaign I changed to a 4-4-2 Diamond Wide and more direct style
We continued our good form from the Opening Stage by leading the way and finishing first comfortably to get a bye to the playoff semi-final.  We comfortably won the semi to progress to the final which despite a good first leg lead ended up going to penalties which was won by our goalkeepers penalty.

Closing Stage Results:

Spoiler

image.png.d3b1ab48cd7ed70a00f7ccaa35ab515a.png

I thought I'd landed a nice opening job with the decent facilities and stadium, but it seems unless I'm missing something that there is no promotion to the top tier.  And on top of that the board are refusing my coaching badge attempts.  If that doesn't improve soon then I'll have to look for other options.

Summary:

Spoiler

Domestic
Season     Team     Division           Position    Notes
2020         UdeG     Exp Opening   11th          Champions
2021         UdeG     Exp Closing     1st             Champions

International
Year       Country     Achievements

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 top domestic leagues ()
0/10 domestic cups ()
0/5 club continental championships ()
0/1 club world championship ()

International
0/5 continental tournaments ()
0/1 world tournaments ()

Edited by blackdevil

SEASON 21 (2040-2041)

AC Milan

1099.png

The 21st season of my adventure and the 3rd season as AC Milan coach is a thing of the past. This season, I put all my strength into the Serie A struggle, which resulted in the Italian Championship. Of course, this had its downside, such as being knocked out in the 1st round of Coppa Italia or another forgotten Champions League, which ended with a 3rd place in the group stage. In the Europa League, we were eliminated in the quarter-finals. Additionally, Supercoppa Italia was forgiven by us, where we lost to Juventus. It was by far the best league season in these 3 years in Italy. I crossed the 100 points mark in the league, I secured the championship 3 rounds before the end. Sure, I was also very lucky that Juventus had a weaker season after all, because it's okay to cheat, but in terms of players, it's a much stronger team. After all, our striker, who scored over 30 goals in the league, had a big impact on the championship. After the championship, I decided it was time to say goodbye to Rossoneri.

SERIE A

liga.thumb.jpg.ec95c0a2e442fa79124437c0ad51a1c8.jpg

COPPA ITALIA

puchar.jpg.854c261b9130d729307fb6b2472a65b7.jpg

8/10 Leagues won (Welsh League - 2023, I-League - 2024, K-League - 2028 RSA Premiership - 2030 Liga MX Apertura 2031 Bundesliga - 2035 La Liga - 2038 Serie A - 2041)
8/10 Cups won (Welsh Cup - 2021, Durand Cup - 2024, KFA Cup - 2028 Nedbank Cup - 2029 Knockout Cup - 2029 DFB Pokal - 2035 Copa del Rey - 2038 Coppa Italia - 2040)
5/5 Continental Tournaments won (Copa Libertadores - 2027, AFC Champions League - 2028 CAF Champions League - 2031 CONCACAF Champions League - 2032 UEFA Champions League - 2036)
1/1 Club World Cups won (2037)

2/5 International Tournaments won (African Cup of Nations - 2027 UEFA EURO - 2040)
1/1 World Cups won (France - 2038)

Crest.png.56d48a6be32e453424d2a1cfd4904a27.png

Mexico Departure: July 2068

After waiting for nine years for the Mexico job to become available my stint in charge went on to last just a solitary season. After our extremely disappointing showing in the Copa America I was sacked from my position as manager and left to rue our mistakes. I wasn't surprised in the decision to get rid of me but was definitely left gutted by it. My plan was to stay for several years and try to win some major tournaments. Ranked second in the world hopes were high but unfortunately it wasn't to be. We never got going in the tournament really and despite being packed full of quality players there was a gaping hole up top. We struggled for goals and that ended up being our downfall. Things certainly didn't go to plan for me here and it's now time to move on and focus on my new role with Juventus. I have no immediate plans to look to get back into international management so it'll just be a waiting game. I may look for a job with the USA or maybe look for another South American team. For now I will focus on Juventus though and just wait to see what may happen international wise.

2048/49	-
2049/50	-
2056/57 -
2068/69	Juventus		Serie A			TBC

Year		Nation			Honours
2046-2048	Columbia
2048-2049	Nigeria
2054-2055	South Korea
2057-2060	Brazil
2067-2068	Mexico			NA Nations League Winners (2068)

1651.png.7449d87a4769900a318e0c7c0fc177bf.png

BRAZIL

COPA AMERICA 2028 IN ARGENTINA

Squad |

Our group for the tournament seemed a lot harder than the other group in the tournament with hosts Argentina, Mexico and Colombia as well as Ecuador and Peru.

6030c7d3b89c3789f19eb7542c0b4d4e.png

We opened up the tournament against the hosts Argentina in the opener, and it ended a draw. We were behind and then in front 2-1 late into the game before they managed to pull back level. Probably a result that both sides will take.

96b785b3cf89a0e19151d0e9f0c24e0b.png

We faced off against Ecuador next and it was not much of a contest in the end, but we did go down early, but we responded very well and were 3-1 up at half time and completed the rout in the second half as we ran out 6-1 winners.

c27c5d8a604114b03c0485c64389233b.png

Next up tough opposition in Mexico, who knocked me out of the last World Cup when I was Ivory Coast manager. We took the lead early, but Mexico got level just after half time and then they self imploded with a sending off which gave us the opportunity to win it late. A good 2-1 win against a very good team.

453f8bb8a0998b85a828106f488adeaf.png

This game looked completely over at half time as we raced to a 3-0 lead inside 20 minutes and were 4-1 up at half time. But Chacon got Peru back in the game in 7 second half minutes and it was a nervous ride from there, but we saw the game out to get the 3 points.

5b43157495bda250c99a2627213048cb.png

The Colombia game was a lot more assured from us, as we again got ahead early and were 2-0 up at half time. In the second half we sprang on Colombia twice to make it 4-0, before they pulled back a consolation goal in injury time.

b918ffc6cbc6c0e6c2dbecf7e7d68328.png

We ended up winning the group two points clear of Argentina, followed by Mexico and Peru in the final qualification places. Ecuador and Colombia had a tournament to forget.

b8b0a59411cc1b204fa63b54a66155d3.png

In the Quarter Final we faced Paraguay and it was a routine win, they never really troubled us and it was over as contest at half time, we added another late in the 2nd half to cap off a 4-0 win.

d1d519fd154b2e53944efa9756f63b38.png

The semi final was always going to be tough against Argentina in their own backyard. They took the lead early but we pegged them back just a little time later, however we were poor at the end of the half and Argentina plundered two goals before half time and we were up against it. We came out in the second half and produced a sublime half of football as we scored twice in 3 minutes to pull level and then with 8 minutes to go we pulled ahead to go 4-3 up. Unfortunately we didn't respond from the kick off and Argentina got level again just a minute later to end the game 4-4 and force extra time. In what was a nervy extra time we managed to find the winner to send us through and send the hosts out of the competition.

e24027adf6167df7767006eb418237c9.png

In the final we would face off against Mexico again and we got off to a flyer as we scored two in the first 10 minutes and another 10 minutes from the interval to go 3-0 up. Just after half time we struck again to seemingly end the tie, but Mexico responded and got back to 4-2. A late sending off killed the game for Mexican's as they got frustrated and we ran out 4-2 winners to lift the Copa America.

0554d9397cb0b5baff51635dafec5f56.png

The final bracket looked like this. No major surprises throughout the tournament really when we got to the knockout rounds.

Summary

779c239bb7aba791da48ff889930ccc5.png

Career Summary

c0aaac4ed22c81723b01d3b178e31d9c.png

SURD - SEASON 3/4 - 2022 SEASON

Remember me? I did a thing....... I finished the greatest season of FM since FM2007 where the game was so broken I got Stafford Rangers to the Champions League in 5 seasons. Yeah, the AI was wonky. So sit back, get a subtle 20 cans of Strongbow, bang a load of powder and set a flare up your butt and take it to Leicester Square!

image.png.807639ce7145db1d8d0e619ac7f6a078.pngimage.png.54240d8c53694d11aac3def7b618ffda.png
Johor DT (Tiger Blood) and Gabon (Big Panther Energy)

So it was a mildly successful season. I'll start with the THE PRIME MINISTER OF MALAYSIA...... ugh, don't know what came over me there. To set this season up, the deal with the Malaysian league is that they have strict Foreign Player limits, but unlimited Malaysian player transfers. The second part to the story is that Johor DT have a transfer budget of £3million. Sounds meager, but the average Malaysian player costs between £10k-50k. This resulted in the following transfers over the 2 seasons that I was at the club:1610930316_Screenshot2021-07-30at08_42_46.thumb.png.8bb9353a8867fd08213cba604b81a857.png
1456389557_Screenshot2021-07-30at08_43_19.thumb.png.ff5144e129df99b75927ea549c7c2f56.png

Yup, I basically bought the entire Malaysian national team. It cost £400k, then I bought one player whose stats were amazing for a player his age, the natural position fit my tactics and I had no RWer in the team of any calibre, so I went for it for £2M. He was a regen, so not replicable, but the rest you can find in game, as long as, like me, you've loaded every database and melted your laptop to a chug. With what was effectively the national team playing against club sides each week I dominated the domestic scene, but much to my surprise, despite being rank outsiders, this happened:

196706511_Screenshot2021-07-30at08_39_23.thumb.png.ad07d48988b50d0befb804c41071322f.png939562830_Screenshot2021-07-30at08_16_35.thumb.png.631b57a7d81161a179c0aa5d6648dfee.png

I mean...... I WON THE FLIPPIN QUINTUPLE!!! This was a shock to get one of the continental goals out of the way so early. I know in these situations it looks pretty sus, but the best proof of have of this legit season is the scorelines, the scummers get the constant 1-0's, but the amount of 4+ goal leads was INSANE! If you get the chance to manage this club, DO IT. I'll include the entire list so you can see the ABSOLUTE TEAR this team went on. But the TL:DR - Undefeated all season.
Screenshot 2021-07-30 at 08.38.27.png

2078281757_Screenshot2021-07-30at08_49_31.thumb.png.3bc6e7003fb03364b333915dc5750980.png871435669_Screenshot2021-07-30at08_50_04.thumb.png.0b12f03423ffb0001dc65b5968f9c19f.png

The big time scorelines meant I broke pretty much every record 1569582122_Screenshot2021-07-30at08_48_03.png.99294f4419c9c14bfdd23e797bfc08b2.png2047542827_Screenshot2021-07-30at08_48_23.png.ac49bfc9858c2161cbffe342c6a02e12.png From goals to assists
Torres in particular was a revelation, he came in with assists as well as goals 240816928_Screenshot2021-07-30at08_48_46.png.0f0e34a7c4250964e0b7ca48dab08dc1.png2060195720_Screenshot2021-07-30at08_49_02.png.926411c97809fe2881e7d9c76740b015.png And the goalie came in strong to make the complete team.
As such, 7 out of the 11 players in the Team of the Year were from Johor DT
1775021476_Screenshot2021-07-30at08_40_301.thumb.png.b3dbae7a597153d8a87054c82d8678ec.png

I reclaimed the Malaysian Cup and finally captured the FA Cup, and in grand style, crushing Perak, one of the teams that gave me a problem in the previous years, 4-0 and dominating the match. Having won the trophies multiple time, and confirming that they are both legitimate, I'm counting them in the domestic cup totals. 

Edit: Apparently not you greedy boy, read the rules some time!
1700352998_Screenshot2021-07-29at22_38_22.thumb.png.e2c80f25951618c7dfdd7e6aafa5bd2c.png

The big one for me was the Champion's League. I was stunned to find that I was the only 4th seeded team, but had a far stronger squad than many teams, the shock came when I started to beat the Chinese teams with ease, dominating the possession in almost every match. 
581764953_Screenshot2021-07-30at08_18_18.thumb.png.f2a267c0031a318642bc99b0a248398e.png
Torres' 13 goals wass a new record, and I broke assist, clean sheet and MotM records
211671127_Screenshot2021-07-30at08_37_33.png.9c63d229023cf2fd7ec0652d0e31f4ee.png

When I knocked out Guangzhou and Suwon, I knew I could do this. The final itself was a massive 4-4 draw with 3 goals in stoppage time against Al-Hilal of Saudi Arabia, the second leg was a tight one, they went down to 10 men and then my very own Ole Gunnar Solskjær, Bruno Jose, popped up in the 94th minute and scored the winner. The first Malaysian Asian Champion's League winners. Big time!   

1942229863_Screenshot2021-07-30at08_15_58.thumb.png.532159e4896bb238fa49b2ae3d2dd909.png

At this point there was literally nothing more I could do with this team, plus I desperately needed to free up some memory to save my laptop memory, fans, and my ears, so I left the job much to the horror of the fans and actual backlash from the media. I then immediately deleted the Asian leagues and it has increased the performance exactly....... ZERO PERCENT!!! Worth it all day!!

I'm searching out a new challenge in Africa if possible, as once you achieve too much I've had problems in this challenge of accidently pricing yourself out of South Africa, unfortunately the one league in FM20 based in Africa. However, if this isn't possible, North or South America would be next.

Now. Now, now now now NOW!  The international side of things.... It went....... well.

1196383320_Screenshot2021-07-30at19_42_50.thumb.png.dadcd711c0e73cf2ae7afd6d4fae7d0d.png
GAMESTONKS! TO THE MOOOOOOOOON!!

So what caused this sudden upturn in fortunes? Well I won a bunch of matches with a team that weren't favoured to win said matches. Some of them were African Nations Cup qualifiers which helped. Oh. And I GOT TO THE QUARTER FINALS OF THE WORLD FLIPPIN CUP!!!!!

507111129_Screenshot2021-07-30at23_24_20.thumb.png.d0da2673633490d33d5071502c14e87d.png

I was anticipating crashing out of the World Cup in the groups, I set up decent tactics, made sure the set pieces, penalty takers and the like were set up each match with a shifting team between the ANC. The first match against Brazil was a tight 3-2 affair where Brazil only scored in the last minute after I went down to 10 men. Then the big shock of the group, I knocked out Croatia, with them losing to Brazil, a fairly pedestrian 2-0 win sent the #2 ranked team home. In the second round, I faced England. It took me no short measure of delight to stop football from coming home. I went 2-0 up and despite Jadon Sancho scoring straight after half time, I held out for the slim win.

And no-one seemed that bothered.
216938821_Screenshot2021-07-30at21_07_10.thumb.png.123ba3d0b6dc39030ff4a5f2a4f2b158.png
Oops.

Onto the Quarter Finals, I got Netherlands, it was not looking great. But I tell you what. GABON ONLY WENT 2-0 UP!! I was living the dream! The clock rolled on, it got to 90 minutes. I couldn't believe it. But then it happened. Netherlands scored at 92 and 95 minutes, the second goal being a ROPEY penalty via VAR. This took us to extra time, then penalties. It went to sudden death, then boom, going home. They called it a disappointing collapse, but honestly I am so chuffed with the run this bunch of brave boys went on. It was a solid match and if you look at the stats, Gabon controlled the game for chunks and the stats look great. It just wasn't to be. 
84063710_Screenshot2021-07-30at18_43_36.thumb.png.4de7e8d1b2b6ec23da1ec320b65e996b.png
664816500_Screenshot2021-07-30at18_33_22.thumb.png.1f9f48edd781c46642ae7bd5845e5d81.png

The big news from the tournament was that FINALLY the decision to bring back Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang paid off, because not only did he find form at exactly the right time, but he almost won the friggin Golden Boot!

1735327393_Screenshot2021-07-30at20_10_37.thumb.png.c7831c3f699edf74e9257be78d1e3bcc.png
Top lad you beautiful Gooner!

All in all a mad tournament, typified by Rodri scoring in a 6-1 scoreline, made less impressive by the fact that it was apparently scored in the 13974th minute. Only 6 in all that time? Against Guinea?! Ronaldo should've scored 100! Go on Christiano! Double your international tally! Honestly though, never seen a bug like this in the game before! I think all the databases have killed the game!
  1093159723_Screenshot2021-07-30at16_43_26.thumb.png.1f7d8fce7df1bce6d672624010c6716e.png

What next?
With that done, there is no way I can take Gabon much further, P-EA is 34 at this point and other than Lemina, there is no-one coming through who can replace them. I started to look for the post World Cup international jobs that come up after each tournament - cough sorry Southgate cough - and saw that the Ivory Coast were looking to replace their manager. Put the speculative feelers out there and BOOM!
1447020151_Screenshot2021-07-30at21_31_46.thumb.png.f0a74c0d4c8e6df98fd2fff4bd100b37.png

So there we go. I reckon there's a much better chance of Continental honours with this team of various wannabe Drogbas. I've got Zaha, Bailly and Pepe who can put in a shift, as well as Hamed Junior Traore who looks like a great prospect. Looking forward more than anything to a smoother running laptop once some of these leagues are removed throughout the next season!

Domestic 
Season	Club				Competition			Position	Notes & Achievements
2019/20 SH Shenxin			Chinese National 1st Div 	11th		Great Escape Season (0 points at the midpoint to survival)		
2020/21 Johor DT			Malaysian Super League		1st		Malaysian Cup Winners
2022 	Johor DT			Malaysian Super League		1st		WON THE QUINTRUPLE!!! Including Asian Champions League, Malaysian Cup & FA Cup

International
Year		Nation			Honours
2019/20		Vanuatu			Oceania Nations Cup
2020/21		Gabon			African World Cup Qualification
2021/22		Gabon			World Cup Quarter Finalists
2023/24		Ivory Coast		TBA

1/10 top domestic leagues - (Malaysian League 2021, 2022)
1/10 top domestic cups - (Malaysian FA Cup 2022)
1/5 club continental championships - (Asian Champions League 2022)

1/6 continental competitions - (Oceania Nations Cup)
0/1 world tournaments

Total: 4/33

Edited by Surd

5 hours ago, Surd said:

Domestic 
Season	Club				Competition			Position	Notes & Achievements
2019/20 SH Shenxin			Chinese National 1st Div 	11th		Great Escape Season (0 points at the midpoint to survival)		
2020/21 Johor DT			Malaysian Super League		1st		Malaysian Cup Winners
2022 	Johor DT			Malaysian Super League		1st		WON THE QUINTRUPLE!!! Including Asian Champions League, Malaysian Cup & FA Cup

International
Year		Nation			Honours
2019/20		Vanuatu			Oceania Nations Cup
2020/21		Gabon			African World Cup Qualification
2021/22		Gabon			World Cup Quarter Finalists
2023/24		Ivory Coast		TBA

1/10 top domestic leagues - (Malaysian League 2021, 2022)
2/10 top domestic cups - (Malaysian FA Cup 2022, Malaysian Cup 2021, 2022)
1/5 club continental championships - (Asian Champions League 2022)

1/6 continental competitions - (Oceania Nations Cup)
0/1 world tournaments

Total: 5/33

It has to be cups from 10 different nations, so you can only count one of the Malaysian cups.

You're right about the save scummers. It's not being successful that's suspicious. The nature of the challenge means that we have some of the more successful players do our challenge. The thing that's suspicious is, and here I'm using a completely fictitious example that never happened on this challenge to dent my enthusiasm for running it,  when they win every cup they need first time, (and only that one time) and have 100% winning record when they need a trophy and win about 45% of the time in the league when they don't need to (because they've won it already).

Of course my favourite story is the guy that completed the Dafuge challenge and posted his final update and the acclaim that goes with completion, with the small problem that he'd actually posted on social media earlier that evening bemoaning the fact that he'd lost the Champions League final that his completion was based upon. Classic.

That's the weird thing with challenges. When I play other computer games I play them on the easiest possible setting. I like winning, (and I suck at other computer games) but then again I'm not going on forums to solicit congratulations for my achievements in those games. 

The last time I did this challenge, I tried to do it as pure as the driven snow. 100% pure and untainted, (apart from the fact that my tactics are largely based on downloaded tactics, which obviously for a lot of people is a pretty big taint). I didn't manage it, because I thought I hit a bug where none of the African nations ever sacked their managers. I mean, it very clearly was a bug. For some reason after 1 ACON, nobody was sacked, so I added a manager to the most egregious underachiever, immediately resigned and then applied for the job which I got. It's quite difficult not to come across some of these little bugs while playing the challenge. But then after the next ACON, nations sacked their managers as usual. But the game is a game, and sometimes you have to make a decision about whether something is just a feature of the game.

On the other hand, I've not been able to finish this challenge on one occasion, because there were no Asian nations left that would offer me a job.   

47 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

It has to be cups from 10 different nations, so you can only count one of the Malaysian cups.

I thought when I asked about this, the comment was that if there are 2 trophies in a nation that include every team, you could use them. Was that meant to mean you could use EITHER of them, rather than BOTH of them? 

27 minutes ago, Surd said:

I thought when I asked about this, the comment was that if there are 2 trophies in a nation that include every team, you could use them. Was that meant to mean you could use EITHER of them, rather than BOTH of them? 

Yes, either. 10 different nations.

1 minute ago, vikeologist said:

Yes, either. 10 different nations.

No worries. I've edited it. It's like you don't even WANT people on the leaderboard ;-)

1140.png.715cd3faa9e303c9c20f0cf80529a75f.png1651.png.7449d87a4769900a318e0c7c0fc177bf.png

SS LAZIO (ITALY) & BRAZIL

SEASON 2028/29

Lazio | First Half of Fixtures | Second Half of Fixtures | League Table | Transfers | Squad

Lazio Top Players | Gustavo Garcia | Matteo Gabbia | Phil Pitt | Kiril Despodov | Oscar Bobb

Brazil | 2028 Fixtures | 2029 Fixtures | World Cup Qualifying Group

On leaving South Africa, the options of available clubs were not that great, the only one that seemed to have some promise was the Lazio job so we applied and we got the job. Lazio are predicted to finish 5th in Italy, so not amongst the favourites for the league, and when we arrived there was a lot of discontent at the club that bled over several times over the season. We started okay if not a bit inconsistent throughout September and October, but eventually everything external quitened down and we started to focus and we started picking up good results a long the way. The key results of beating AC Milan who were top of the league 6-2 at the San Siro and then smashing Juventus at home turned indifferent morale around, but we could still drop the odd clanger like losing to Bologna twice, or drawing to the likes of Alessandria. In the end what was a four horse race between ourselves, Juventus, Roma and AC Milan became a two horse race as Juve and Roma fell away. Milan had the advantage, but they dropped a few points in March, and it meant going into the home against them we could go equal on points with a win. We duly won 3-1 and took the leadership of the league. A draw away to Juve, matched AC Milan also drawing their next game kept us on top, and from their our run in was far more forgiving than their's and we managed to hold our nerve to win the Serie A trophy at the first time of asking. It looked for a long period in the season that AC Milan would walk the league but they just lost steam at the crucial time when we held our nerve and the big game against them went our way.

In the cup it was a different story as AC Milan knocked us off early on in a 4-2 extra time loss for us, that meant that Italian Cup would not be coming the Lazio this year. We were not involved in European football this year, but we will be in the Champions League next season. I strongly think we will have no real chance at the Champions League, so I am keeping an eye open for other jobs that might provide better avenues to winning remaining competitions. If nothing comes up then we will be looking to capture the Italian Cup and Champions League next season if we can. Again I think the Champions League is doubtful, the team is not on that level I think.

With Brazil we continued our good run following the Copa America triumph as we qualified in earnest for the World Cup, and we still have not lost as boss of the Selecao, hopefully this is something that continues into the World Cup next summer in Spain.

Summary

2791a82169c28e61645a21d79e245755.png

74e51f443c126988fbbd45d648c9021f.png

Career Summary

e1edf1d05e4b5a74e336bc81a985796c.png

679.png.50ed86ba286a60a5869cf4bca3179d4e.png1651.png.7449d87a4769900a318e0c7c0fc177bf.png

MANCHESTER CITY (ENGLAND) & BRAZIL

SEASON 2029/30

Manchester City | First Fixtures of Season | Middle Fixtures of Season | Final Fixtures of Season | League Table | Europa League Group | Transfers | Squad |

Manchester City Top Players | Brian Oddei | Lautaro Martinez | Joao Pedro | Manor Solomon | Rodrigo Barrientos

Brazil | 2029 Fixtures | 2030 Fixtures | World Cup Qualifying Group

I said last time that we would see if a better job came up that would mean we would leave Lazio, and I thought I had struck goal when the Manchester City job was available, as well as the Chelsea job. I appraised the teams and decided to go for Man City as they were predicted to finish higher in the league and had finished higher in the league that season, finishing in 5th place. A terrible season by their standards but surely we could turn the ship around. Well one thing that we did notice looking at the team, was that while they had supreme talent, that talent was supremely old too. The likes of Ruben Neves, Raheem Sterling, Lautaro Martinez, Patson Daka, Ederson and many others were over 30 years old, many well over 30 years old. But I felt at the start of the season that we could perhaps have a slow transition, while we still would be able to perform at the top level. That did not materialise, as we started to drop a lot of points early in the season. Things got so bad, that I decided to accelerate my plans for the summer to January to give myself I fighting chance of keeping my job. In January we made move after move and got rid of lot of "dying wood". The transfers made a big difference and we became better if still not performing how I would like. The funny thing about us was that, I do not think there was not a game all season, perhaps apart from the debacle at Anfield where we lost 7-2, where we did not dominate the game. Looking at XG for games we lost we were more or less always the better side, creating the better chances, it just did not translate into results.

28a069422b9485d0742b6ae2d03eb67a.png

In fact we should have finished 2nd, if XG is to be believed, and most of the season we sat top of the XG table. We finished almost 5 points worse off that where we should have finished and with XG and partial points that is a big underperformance against our actual performance in matches. The initial assessment might be that the strikers did not score the goals, but we actually scored more goals than anyone else in the league, but only the 7th best in defence and there in lies the issue. I think I managed to resolve the goalkeeping situation by getting a replacement for Ederson, who despite still having the world class tag is not that anymore, and we did get a left back that will certainly improve us, we have not been able to nail down a centre back that is going to improve things for us. 

We still could get the sack, the season just finished and although we got Champions League football, we only accomplished that on the final day when Tottenham lost at Old Trafford and we managed to win at West Ham, otherwise I was certain that we were done in the job at the Etihad and I am not counting my chickens yet. We underperformed as a club, and things will need to improve a lot in a very short space of time for us to be more competitive. The good news is that if we do keep our job, that we have already made some necessary investments and we should get money to spend again as we are at Man City and that is kind of what they do. The whole culture at the club needs to change to younger players who still have the determination to succeed rather than the guys who have done it all and are now on the decline.

On all fronts it was a disaster really, we accomplished nothing this season. I hope we are not sacked but I feel like we are living on borrowed time. If we get the time, then we may be able to turn it around, but this so far has been the hardest season of this challenge, and I expected it to be easiest one yet, so things did not turn out how we imagined they would.

With Brazil we are still undefeated, that is pretty much 4 years now, of not losing, so I am very confident we should be able to do something at the World Cup in Spain which is just around the corner, winning that would certainly cheer me up after this torrid season with City.

Summary

58584d622aeee77a70da4dc070c56e69.png

64fa66dfd5fb9f3c57c1a545df317e46.png

Career Summary

e3ca57d40ce49e08063c34bc45265804.png

Edited by TerminalPortugal

On 31/07/2021 at 07:32, vikeologist said:

On the other hand, I've not been able to finish this challenge on one occasion, because there were no Asian nations left that would offer me a job.

Exactly the same problem I had last time I attempted this challenge. 

And the fact after about 30 seasons I was only about halfway through!

1651.png.7449d87a4769900a318e0c7c0fc177bf.png

BRAZIL AT WORLD CUP 2030 IN SPAIN

We were at the first World Cup hosted in Spain since 1982, when many say the best ever Brazilian team in history was knocked out by Paolo Rossi's Italy following the Calciopoli scandal. Our team had not lost since the last World Cup before I took over the job. So I was hoping that we could maintain that and go all the way.

574753088aff98339f51217a58c81faf.png

In the first game we opened up against Sweden, definately the better opposition in our group of 3, and they did not provide much of challenge as we found it easy to take them apart as we ran out 5-1 winners, to start our campaign in the right way.

d7a57d3b455339e46292167d2a37e84f.png

Thailand were the next opponent, and this game was a destruction, as we killed this game within minutes of the start, and at half time many could be forgiven for thinking it would reach double figures as we led 7-1. But it would only end 9-1 in the end and we were easily through as group winners having scored 14 goals and conceded 2 in two games.

abfa73adcaabafa99eff61bd15801f49.png

This is how our group finished.

2c52207f066505148a6854e57b93a9f9.png

In the Second Round we faced Mexico, and I hate playing them. They have a quality side, and they had us at one point at their mercy in this game as they led 3-1 in the second half but we fought back to 3-3 and then it was the lottery of penalties and there were a lot of penalties in the end, but we managed to hold our nerve and knock the Mexican's out of the tournament.

aa646c1cf80c39e543b40c26f3e81e0e.png

The Third Round brought us up against the Dutch, and while this is normally a classic, this game did not live up to that as the Netherlands were never our equal and we again blitzed them in the first half to kill of the game and book our quarter final place.

31ade46c2f48c2c51095f64f6f814857.png

The Quarter Final saw us up against Italy, and it brings you back to 1982, when Rossi did his magic, but this time although again the Italians fought back like all those years ago, this time we found the extra time goal to win the game 3-2 and book a place in the semi finals.

065af830374f799545d78cdf3e6770f8.png

Another sore memory thinking back to Brazil 2014 World Cup as we faced Germany in the semi final, but this time despite falling behind we managed to find a performance in the second half to win the game 2-1.

c7e70c04ef7a7bcb2b61d5b78078571a.png

In the final we faced the mother country Portugal, in a final for the ages. It would be extremely tight all game and we found the winner mid way through the second half, and that would be enough to give Brazil their 6th World Cup victory, 28 years after they last won it in 2002.

c3dae0e3260b4507df08b374fd289706.jpg

The final bracket looked like this. Turkey had a wonderful run to the semi final just like in 2002, and they finished 3rd as they beat Germany on penalties. England lost out to Ireland which surely would have been an amazing match to watch. France who entered the World Cup as the number 1 team in the world, ended up losing to Sweden in the Third Round in extra time. There were some surprises but in the end the best team in World Cup history picked up another trophy. That spells the end of our time with Brazil, there is nothing left to win so we will be stepping down following the tournament and moving elsewhere in international management. We never lost a game in charge of the Selecao.

Summary

a883bba325a53c4f3648db8e7684fff3.png

Career Summary

14f34f9fe21fcc92e3c17fbff427704a.png