The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

supersport-united-f-c-updated_orig.jpg.415ccb3d62709d409f7ebf1e07023861.jpg

Season 2022/23 Review - SuperSport United South Africa

LeagueOn paper it looks a easy win here seeing as we won 26 of the 30 games but thanks to fixture congestion we often had between 2 and 5 games in hand over sides around us so it was only in the final month or so we hit top spot and were able to pull away and secure the title. A lot of rotation was needed this season

Champions LeagueA bit of a struggle here. Zamalek, who knocked us out of the confed cup last season, were hard to beat again in the group stage so we finished 2nd. We then faced Cape Town and this came in a run of 5 games against them in 6 games in 3 different comps. FM in the extreme here! Semi final was the winners from the past 2 seasons and we squeaked through thanks to me going very defensive in the final 10 mins as they really battered us. The final was tighter than I had hoped but we created lots and should have won by a bigger margin but a wins a win

MTN8Made it to the semi finals. Again. Lost. Again.

Telkom CupMade it to the semi finals. Again. Lost. Again. Started to fear semi finals were gonna kill me

Nedbank CupWe did our best to fall at the semi final again here as well. Went 1 down and missed a pen in our semi final against a side fighting relegation from the league below but our better players carried us through and again the final looked closer than it felt but was nice to win the cup

Transfersall of our ins are shown in last seasons page as I got our deals done nice and early. The outs were needed as I tried to lower the age of the squad

Squadwas getting there in terms of young players 

Key Players
Lyle Foster - what a loan signing he was. 43 goals in 44 games and he even missed 4 pens this season
Haashim Domingo - started the season as a rotation option before becoming first choice after the world cup
Iqraam Rayners - 20 goals again from the right wing

Career Overview

Season	     Club			Competition		Position	Notes & Achievements
2020/21   	 Cape Town Spurs	Championship		1st 		Promotion
2021/22		 SuperSport United	Premiership 		1st 		League Winners
2022/23		 SuperSport United	Premiership		1st 		League, cup and champions league winner. National A licence 

Challenge Progress

1/10 top domestic – South Africa (SuperSport United 2022)
1/10 top domestic cups – South Africa (SuperSport United 2023)
1/5 club continental – Africa (SuperSport United 2023)
0/1 club world championship

0/5 continental competitions 
0/1 world tournaments

After the world cup in 2022 a few jobs came up and I got the role with Ivory Coast. Good timing as there is a cup of nations this summer (will update that in another post once I've played it)

Now will be looking to move on, I really do love South Africa, such fun to build a good squad here but it's time to move on now. This is by far the quickest I've ever done Africa though which is sad to me.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve managed to get over my initial annoyance and have continued on with my United season. A tough run in certainly didn’t help us as we lost out last term but this time around I want to make sure we get it right. The season has began well enough and hopefully last season was just a little blip in the road. 

2037/38

Sport_Club_Corinthians_Paulista_crest_svg.thumb.png.3410f012507d7cc77b9480294c8c3e74.png

So I’ve finally got myself a new job.  

After a few months and a few tempting jobs coming up (Lyon and Monaco), I finally pulled the trigger on Corinthians. They are a powerhouse of the Brazilian league and are routinely qualifying for the Champions League. I took over in 9th with 9 games to go, 6 pts outside of the qualifying spots for the Copa Libertdatores. My career with them started with a bang and I won 7, drew 2 and lost 0 to finish 5th and qualify for the Copa Libertdatores. I’m really glad with this so I can have a crack next year.  I thought I’d have to go through qualifying but I’ve started the next season and I’m straight into the group stages, don’t know why but I’m not complaining. 

375294646_ScreenShot2021-09-04at2_45_03pm.thumb.png.3d08cff7549aed67889f2fdad146a050.png

I’ve got a lot of attacking talent but I feel I need a couple of additions there to really improve my depth. My midfield and defence is ok but nothing more, that’s where I will be bringing lots in.

On the international front, I qualified for the World Cup with Italy but it took me to the last game to get it done.

Season	Club			Competition		Position	Notes & Achievements

2020/21 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	3rd (promoted via playoffs)		
2021/22 Uthongathi FC		SA Premier League	4th
2022/23 Kaiser Chiefs	        SA Premier League       1st.  Won Knockout Cup and Be the Coach.
2023/2024 Kaiser Chiefs         SA Premier League       1st. Won Super 8 and Be the Coach. CL Finalists.
2024/25 Kaiser Chiefs SA Premier League 1st. Won Knockout Cup and Champions League.
2025    Guangzhao.               Chinese Super League.   3rd. Started in 3rd with 5 games to go.
2026    Guangzhao                Chinese Super League.   1st.  Lost the final of CFA Cup   
2027    Guanzhao                 Chinese Super League.   1st   CFA Cup winner
2028   Guangzhao                 Chinese Super League   1st CFA Cup Winner  Super Cup Winner
2029.  Guangzhao                 Chinese Super League    1st  Super Cup Winner
2030.  Guangzhao                 Chinese Super League    1st. Asian Champions League Winner Super Cup Winner
2030-2031 Hertha Berlin          Bundesliga.             10th (took over 13th).  German Cup Runner up. Resigned at seasons end
2031-32 Inter Milan              Serie A                 1st    Super Cup Winner
2032-2033 Inter Milan            Serie A                 2nd.   Italian Cup Winner and Super Cup Winner
2033-34.  Borussia Dortmund.     German Bundesliga.      1st.   German Cup Winner
2034-35 Cruz Azul.               Mexican First Division. 1st.   Mexican Cup winner
2035/36. Cruz Azul.              Mexican First Division. 1st
2036/37 Cruz Azul                Mexican First Division. 2nd    NACL Winner
2037  Corinthians.            Brazilian First Division 5th.  Took over in 9th place with 9 games to go.

International 
2021-2023. Nigeria. Lost in QF of AFCON. Sacked. 
2023- present- Ghana. Lost in R of 16 AFCON. Resigned before being sacked.
2026-2027 Ivory Coast AFCON Champsions. Resigned after.
2029- 2032 Mexico. Lost in 3rd Round at WC. Gold Cup Winners. Copa America Finalist 
2032- 2046 France. Lost in Nations League Final 2033, Lost in WC Final 2034. Lost in SF Euro 2036
2036- Present Italy. Lost in Nationa League Final 2037.
5/10 top domestic leagues (2022/23-2024/25 SA Premier League, 2026-20230 CSL), (2031/32 Serie A, 2033/34 Bundesliga, 2034/35,2035/36 Mexican First Division)
5/10 top domestic cups (2022/23, 24/25 SA Knockout Cup, 2027, 2028 CFA Cup, 2032/33 Italian Cup, 2033/34 German Cup, 2034/35 Mexican Cup)
3/5 club continental championships (2024/25 African Champions League, 2030 Asian Champions League, 2037 NACL)

2/5 continental competitions (2027 AFCON, 2031 Gold Cup)
0/1 world tournaments
15/32 total trophies

Ivory Coast national football team - Wikipedia

ACON 2023

This job really did fall into my lap, taking over just 6 months before the nations cup started (that we were hosting) with a team that was just about peaking and where the young players (Diallo at Man Utd for example) had developed well so this was likely to be a short term run.

Group Stage

Ivory Coast 3-2 Tunisia - an early penalty and a goal just before the break had us looking good, they fought back 2nd half but we grabbed a 3rd and saw it out

Ivory Coast 4-0 Angola - another early penalty (this is a theme) and 2 goals right on HT had us 3 up, 3 subs at the break and we added a 4th to rub it in

Ivory Coast 4-2 Ethiopia - a completely rotated 11 saw us 2-0 after 20 mins. 2 quick subs and we were 2-2 by HT. A pen just after the break put us in front and we added a 4th to make us look better. 

Second Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ivory Coast 3-1 Uganda - 3 goals (and yes one was a penalty) in the opening 30 mins meant I could sub out players a booking away from suspension at HT and despite the late goal against we never looked troubled

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ivory Coast 4-0 Nigeria - score line makes us look better than it was, yet another early penalty had us 1 up at the break but a red card right after HT for them made it easy for us as we picked them off 3 times to ease through

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ivory Coast 3-1 Senegal - this is where us playing a day or 2 before Senegal did really helped us as our fitness helped us as we raced unto a 2 goal lead by HT and 2nd half we were able to soak up pressure and grab a 3rd before they pulled one back

3rd place game (if applicable)

Spoiler

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ivory Coast 1-0 Morocco - a very nervy final with neither side able to get hold of the game, we took the lead just after HT (shockingly from another penalty) and as our fitness started to bite (they had an extra day on us and it started to show) we managed to hold on thanks to a couple big saves from out keeper in the final few minutes won us the trophy 

What's next

This felt like South Korea in 2002 with all the calls we got. A penalty in every game bar the semi final feels weird and allowed Franck Kessie finish joint top scorer with 8 goals (6 pens) and taking over 6 months before feels as close to doing a @vikeologist as you can do in international management :D 

But that is Africa done now, in the quickest time I've ever done it. Feels weird but on to somewhere new soon I hope

Career Overview

2020/21     Cape Town Spurs	Championship		1st 		Promotion
2021/22	    SuperSport United	Premiership 		1st 		League Winners
2022/23	    SuperSport United	Premiership		1st 		League, cup and champions league winner. National A licence 

Year		Nation			Honours
2023		Ivory Coast		ACON Winners

Challenge Progress 

1/5 continental competitions – Africa (Ivory Coast 2023)
0/1 world tournaments

679dd5173907b5ab874.png

MANCHESTER CITY

2031/32

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2032

Key Players: Dario Agliani ~ Luiz Finn ~ Aron Hop ~ Augusto Alganaraz ~ Jean-Louis N'Gotty

Squad: Overview ~ Match Stats

11e76cd26c4e2a6934.png

(Click to View)

Premier-League_-Stages2eac075e61bb9788.png

Match Results

A very impressive season when you consider the fact my main focus was on other competitions, the plan was to play a rotated squad during fixture congestions and play my strongest squad when there was no mid week game as I wanted to avoid coming under pressure from the board while my focus was elsewhere. A couple of players flourished being played more Aron Hop and Augusto Alganaraz developed really well and became better than the players ahead of them which was pleasing. From January onwards we looked unbeatable and it was pleasing to see that my plan to develop players instead of buying worked on this occassion.

1301394cc05159cbf14ecc0.png

(Click to View)

UEFA-Champions-League_-Stagesaa3ca5111f9

We had a pretty straight forward group stage, I'm slightly sad my defeat to Benfica early on saw Lyon miss out but I'd essentially bought all their main players by this point so can't feel that bad about them.

1st KO Round

Spoiler

1st-KO9bad37bc3e851447.png

On to the first knockout round where we faced an old foe in Juventus, we had an horrific start in the away leg going 2-0 down and I was sat here scratching my head. I was thinking I have much better players so decided to change shape and go like for like in a 4-4-2 and we managed to turn the first leg around brilliantly. 2nd leg I decided to stick with the like for like and as you can see we ran out comfortable winners in the end.   

Quarter Final

Spoiler

Quarter1f105b5b3fb18cba.png

I was happy with our home performance in this game a nice 2-0 lead heading in to the away leg, we were comfortable in the 2nd leg controlling possession and creating the odd chance to try and see out the tie. Real Madrid had a player sent off after around the 40th minute which also eased the nerves, however they managed to pull one back on the hour mark to let the nerves kick back in, we were on the back foot against 10 men but managed to nick a late goal to put the tie to bed.

Semi Final

Spoiler

Semi259ced30026d83ab.png

A good solid 0-0 in the away leg to take this game back to our place and as always our home performance was perfect, a nice comfortable 2-0 win. AC Milan were in it until the very end as we didn't get our second goal till after the 90th minute but they did not have a shot on target out of their 2 efforts in this leg so it was much more comfortable than it looked.

Final

Spoiler

Finalb88d53d6b39fb2f3.png

We got off to a slow start in the final going 1-0 down after 30 minutes but as you can see we replied fairly quickly. I told them I was not happy with their performance at half time and boy did that work we found ourselves 4-1 up and had a couple disallowed too. Excellent performance in the second half for us to seal the Champions League.

1301427edc93c19e0965912.png

Manchester-City_-Fixtures-3fccfa12a4abaf

This was my main focus out of the two domestic competitions this year as I felt the big teams would player weaker teams in this than the FA Cup so I went all out for this early on. We didn't have the easiest of running's but played my strongest team throughout and we managed to get the job done. In the end what a season we had winning a treble! I was hoping to get the domestic cup out the way so I could move on, even if I didn't win the Champions League I was going to move on as I can win that in other league but thankfully we did manage to go on to win it. My plans for now is to have a few years away from Europe and complete North/South America before I return to complete the last stretch in Europe.

I have the Euro's this year with Italy too so I'm hoping that is another one I can tick off the list.

1084417166_Crowy_Inbox.thumb.png.297cda5e2209811716abc661dfb314f4.png

CAREER PROGRESS

(Click to View)

1741739711_ClubCareer.thumb.png.528c8c7f14a0581785fc46d8fd78a50a.png

EURO 2032

1858312292_Italy_Fixtures.thumb.png.09f7d14a4c4cfc7561bcc04221ba7aee.png

After a slow start we grew in to this tournament, we had somewhat of an epic game against Belgium winning 4-3 although if you look closer we were 4-2 up, just made it squeaky bum time for the last 5 minutes or so. We played well against England and deserved to be in the final, left it later than I would of liked but after the goal fest from the game before was happy to keep a clean sheet. We had France in the final and after the hour mark we found ourselves 3-1 up, somehow from that point we went on to lose 4-3 AET, in fairness it was an even game all round and it was anybody's for the taking but being 3-1 up and losing is particularly frustrating.

I'm going to be stepping down from Italy too at this point, there aren't any club jobs available that interest me at the moment so going to have a little reset and look for a new club and international team.

International Career.png

Edited by Crowy

image.jpeg.857a988d3e36e4b27f8605d4e63aca6a.jpeg

End of Season Update | June 2021 | Jomo Cosmos F.C.

SA Premier Soccer League: What a first season of club career this has been. Taking a newly promoted team into the season and finishing 2nd in the SA Premier Soccer League and getting qualified to Champions League next season. We were in contention for the title till the last but one game week. Only conceded the race with 1 game to go. Well, next season it should be. 

5649f97a7e94a6e05f05af00adebb71b.png

SA Knockout Cup: Very early in the season, with not used to my tactics yet and new players not settled in, this wasn't planned to be performing good. Deservedly, knocked out in Quarter Final. 

66b3ddd6a763bdffbb9ecf08e3569f2a.png

SA FA Cup: Was in a great form when this cup started, took the same form into this tournament too. Ended up winning all the knockout stages comfortably. It was deservedly matched up final with two best clubs in the league compete here for the FA Cup final. Ended up losing this one too for SuperSport Utd. 

7be1f345f6825b5dcbb007af5987243c.png

Challenge Progress: Completed National B license too and currently studying for National A license. Planning to stay at this club for atleast an year more, want to push for the title with the current squad and few additional depth added to the team. Also, will try and compete in Champions League to see how it goes. 

ffda317b871f44d74caed8c03e3998bf.png

67635899c415097ff1860ebc7d7ff0d6.png

Edited by b4usiddhu2

Henan Songshan Longmen F.C. - Wikipedia

2023 - Henan Jianye - Chinese Super League Season Review

LeagueNot really a great deal to say here, we took over with just 6 games to go with the team in 9th place, 4 wins a draw and a loss and we ended in 6th

Champions LeagueFell at the first hurdle long before we came here

FA Cupsame as above. Out at first hurdle before we took over

Squada lot, and I mean a lot, of work needed here. Have spent my time scouting young Chinese players and have many to target but they're all like 17/18 so won't be good enough to challenge for a couple of seasons, we have too many foreign players already so I need to move a couple on before I can think about bringing in any others. The talent here is not high and needs some attention. This could be a fun challenge.

Career Overview

2022/23	    SuperSport United	Premiership		1st 		League, cup and champions league winner. National A licence 
2023	    Henan		Premiership		6th 		Took over with 6 games to go
Year		Nation			Honours

Challenge Progress

0/1 world tournaments

Brazil_.png.f8b7cb24b2a0357765a18229a610539e.png

I managed to get an international job straight after our Euro 2032 final loss, luckily Brazil had just finished 3rd place in the Copa America. After turning me down once before they decided to give me a shot this time. On the club front though it took me around 6 months to find a new job and that new job is...

9326e90145166504d4.png

RACING CLUB

Club Overview ~ League Table ~ Squad ~ Finances

This team is actually not shockingly bad, I need to try and keep hold of a couple of players that are wanted in Europe but I think with the addition of an attacking midfielder and a striker we can perhaps turn this around. I've managed to fall on the winter break with the transfer window open so hoping for just 2 or 3 additions instead of a big overhaul for a change.

@vikeologist :applause:class image! Very accurate too, funnily enough I also signed Lyon's best CM just before I left too :lol:

Edited by Crowy

Crest.png.9b1a5f31360cab8b472474768c337b8e.png

Manchester United: 2077/78 Review

So having made the controversial jump across Manchester last season we faced complete horror as City pipped us to the league title. I'd taken Manchester City close to the crown but left as I felt I wouldn't be able to dislodge United from their Premier League dominance. How obvious would it be that after departing the blue side of Manchester would be the ones celebrating.
My first campaign with United ended in real disappointment, with only a penalty shoot out victory over City in the Community Shield giving us any sight of a trophy. Preparations for my second term in charge were busy as we saw a large number of incomings and even more outgoings. I failed to shift a couple of high earning high valued players, but we still raked in over £130,000,000 in transfer fees. Arrival wise we spent just shy of £200,000,000 but brought in some real quality. 21-year old striker Olexandr Fedota arrived from Benfica in a huge £80,000,000 deal and we also signed impressive winger Furkan Polat from Arsenal in a £70,000,000 deal. I was pleased with our dealings though and confident I could go on and win that elusive Premier League trophy and complete the English leg of my managerial journey.

Despite all of the hopes and dreams for the year it was not looking very promising by the time we reached the festive period. Four league defeats and a host of spurned opportunities saw us sat way down in 6th place and a mammoth 13 points behind the league leaders. We had struggled for goals and been far too wasteful in the final third. Defensively we were regularly conceding and too many times we threw away winning positions to settle for draws. At this point I decided it was a good time to try and make the team more expansive in attack. I changed our system to play much more on the front foot and look to score lots more goals. Immediately I saw improvements and we quickly began to climb up the league table and by the end of March we were back in a title race. We climbed to the summit after the thirty first matchday and never looked back.  We took on our nearest rivals Tottenham on the penultimate matchday knowing that if we avoided defeat the league title would be ours.

1552470974_FinalTable.png.8b2ae3ad3d5b1af6279bb74a071a892c.png

We managed a 1-1 draw with Tottenham that saw us crowned league champions with a game to spare. Victory over Bournemouth ended the campaign in the right way and sees me finally get my hands on the Premier League. A truly ridiculous record of 20 victories, 3 draws and 0 defeats since I changed our system is what did it for us, against all of the odds. We looked dead and buried in regards to the title but did unbelievably well to pull it back and eventually get the job done with a game to spare. Our remarkable run saw me win the Manager of the month award from January all the way to the end of the season in May. Quite remarkable really.

Outside of the Premier League we struggled a bit this season. I put my focus into trying to win the league title and because of that quite often named squads of fringe players and promising youngsters in the cup competitions. 

1238118351_LeagueCupWin.png.111d714105f1569e5989c3e24acf8cae.png

We did lift a trophy though, putting in an efficient display to lift the League Cup. This brought a first major trophy for me with Manchester United and set us up nicely for the closing period of the season. Unfortunately we crashed out in the Quarter Final stage of the Champions League to Liverpool though, as well as suffering a surprising loss to Burnley to crash out of the FA Cup in the Fourth Round. Obviously it was disappointing to miss out on more potential silverware but in truth the cup competitions were far from my priorities this season.

This season probably ends up as one of the most satisfying of my career as we right the wrong of losing the title to City last season. After a really slow start we were sublime by the end of the season and everything just ended up working out for us. It would've been nice to win another trophy or two but I can't complain. We finally win the Premier League title for me and we also added a domestic cup just for good measure. For me my time in England will now draw to a close though. Winning the league completes the haul of trophies I needed in this country and now I can move on to somewhere new. I have an exact idea of where I want to go, but for now will just sit and wait for my contract to expire. In the mean time I move my focus to my Columbia team.

Crest.png.3acecd8b4aee14927b67c11b23580670.png

Qualifiers.png.b8f9edb706e445f86c2b27fdedc6bb3a.png

We qualified for the World Cup with ease, only suffering a shock defeat to Ecuador once qualification had already been secured. Since then we played just one game, losing out 2-4 to France in a friendly back in March. The World Cup is about to begin and I am a little nervous about it. I'm only really here for the Copa America in a couple of years time and so I just hope we do enough to avoid me getting the sack this summer. The Columbian FA want us to reach the semi finals of the World Cup as a minimum though, and that is a pretty big task. I'll return after the tournament with an update on how we got on.

2020/21 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	2nd		
2021/22 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	1st (C)		SA First Division Winners
2022/23 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		SA Knockout Cup Winners
2023/24 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		
2024/25 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		Confederations Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2025/26 SuperSport United	SA Premier		1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Cup Winners, CAF Super Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners, 
2026/27 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		SA Knockout Cup Winners, CAF Champions League Winners
2027	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	6th		
2028	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Chinese FA Cup Winners
2029	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Asian Champions League Winners, Chinese FA Cup Winners
2030	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	1st (C)		Chinese Super League Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2031	DC United		MLS East Conference	6th		
2032/33 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	5th		Copa Argentinos Winners
2033/34 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Sudamericana Winners, Copa Argentinos Winners, Argentinian Super Cup Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners
2034/35 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Libertadores Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners
2035	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	5th		MLS Western Conference Winners
2036	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st (C)		MLS Cup Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, MLS Western Conference Winners, Leagues Cup Winners
2037	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st		MLS Western Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, Campeones Cup Winners
2038/39	Mainz FC/ Schalke 04	Bundesliga		-
2039	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	5th		
2040	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	1st		Supporters Shield Winners
2041	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	-		CONCACAF Champions League Winners
2041/42	Bayer Leverkusen	Bundesliga		4th
2042/43	Bayer Leverkusen	Bundesliga		4th
2043/44 Bayer Leverkusen	Bundesliga		6th
2044/45 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		7th
2045/46 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		1st (C)		Bundesliga Winners
2046/47 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		2nd		DFL Super Cup Winners
2047/48 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		1st (C)		Bundesliga Winners
2048/49	-
2049/50	-
2050/51	AS Monaco		French Ligue 1		3rd		French Super Cup Winners	
2051/52	AS Monaco		French Ligue 1		3rd
2052/53 CF Valencia		La Liga			3rd		European Super Cup Winners, Copa del Rey Winners
2053/54	CF Valencia		La Liga			3rd		Spanish Super Cup Winners
2054/55	CF Valencia		La Liga			3rd
2055/56	CF Valencia		La Liga			1st (C)		La Liga winners, Spanish Super Cup Winners
2056/57 -
2057/58	Napoli			Serie A			-
2057/58	AC Milan		Serie A			4th
2058/59	AC Milan		Serie A			3rd		Europa League Winners
2059/60	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, Taca da Liga Cup Winners
2060/61	FC Porto		Superliga		3rd		UEFA Champions League Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners
2061/62	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, UEFA Super Cup Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners, Taca de Liga Cup Winners 
2062/63	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners, Taca da Liga Winners
2063/64	FC Porto		Superliga		1st (C)		Superliga winners, Portuguese Cup winners,Taca da Liga Winners
2064/65	FC Porto		Superliga		1st (C)		Superliga winners, Portuguese Super Cup winners
2065/66	Paris Saint Germain	French Ligue 1		1st (C)		Ligue 1 winners, Coupe de France winners, French Super Cup winners
2066/67	Liverpool		Premier League		3rd
2067/68 Liverpool		Premier League		3rd
2068/69	Juventus		Serie A			2nd		Coppa Italia Winners, Italian Super Cup Winners
2059/70	Juventus		Serie A			1st (C)		Serie A Winners, Europa League Winners, Copa Italia Winners
2070/71	-
2071/72	Tottenham Hotspurs	Premier League		6th
2072/73	Manchester City		Premier League		5th		FA Cup Winners
2073/74	Manchester City		Premier League		2nd		Europa League Winners, Community Shield winners, Club World Cup Winners
2074/75	Manchester City		Premier League		3rd		European Super Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners
2075/76	Manchester City		Premier League		2nd
2076/77	Manchester United	Premier League		2nd		Community Shield Winners
2077/78	Manchester United	Premier League		1st (C)		Premier League Winners, League Cup Winners
2078/79

Year		Nation			Honours
2042-2046	France			Nations League Winners (2043)
2046-2048	Columbia
2048-2049	Nigeria
2049-2051	Morocco			African Cup of Nations Winners (2051)
2054-2055	South Korea
2057-2060	Brazil
2060-2064	Spain			World Cup Winners (2062), Nations League winners (2063)
2066-2067	South Korea		Asia Cup Winners (2067)
2067-2068	Mexico			NA Nations League Winners (2068)
2069-2071	United States		CONCACAF Gold Cup Winners (2071)
2075-present	Columbia	

9/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League, 2030 Chinese Super League Winners, 2037 MLS Cup Winners, 2045/46 Bundesliga Winners, 2055/56 La Liga winners, 2063/64 Portuguese Superliga winners, 2065/66 Ligue 1 winners, 2069/70 Serie A Winners, 2077/78 Premier League Winners)
8/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners, 2032/33 Copa Argentinos Winners, 2053 Copa del Rey Winners, 2059 Taca de Liga Portugal Winners, 2065/66 Coupe de France winners, 2068/69 Coppa Italia Winners, 2072/73 FA Cup Winners)
5/5 club continental championships (2026/27 CAF Champions League Winners, 2029 Asian Champions League Winners, 2034/35 Copa Libertadores Winners, 2041 CONCACAF Champions League Winners, 2060/61 UEFA Champions League Winners)
1/1 club world championship (2073 Club World Cup Winners)

3/5 continental competitions (2051 African Cup of Nations, 2067 Asia Cup, 2071 CONCACAF Gold Cup)
1/1 world tournaments (2062 World Cup)

I thought I was knocked out of the Copa Libertadores and the Copa Argentina cup but apparently they both start in the second half of the season and I'm still in both, which is a pleasant surprise, I've had an excellent start in Argentina too

How does everyone manage fatigue in international tournaments? 

I’ve been trying to play a fairly conservative style of play and rotating a bit but my players are still knackered by the knockouts. Also, do you still play your best players if the fatigue is down a bit and just get them to play through the pain a bit? 

ZxObLUb.png

Boca Juniors 2033

I didn't had much left to accomplish in Argentina, so I threw all my eggs in one singular basket, the Copa Argentina. Fortunately the first few rounds are at the end of the league so we were already in the sixth round..

WJVW0TX.png

So we've fairly easy progressed, twice a boring 1-0 without much resistance and we drew Huracán in the finals who were promoted just last season.

4s05oX3.png

So that seals another cup win and the last possible prize in Argentina (Copa Total Sudamericana excluded), so I took some advice:

Spoiler
On 31/08/2021 at 20:58, vikeologist said:

image.thumb.png.5950b86c2c995fa25a11a99ccc14d162.png

Vh8AdSc.png

And I even took Pastrana with me as well as Sergio Ballo

6vtv9J4.png

gxSGCNR.png

AS Monaco 2033/34

Squad | Table | Transfers

I came in when the club was in 10th position, way too low for this posh club, so I was relieved that we managed to secure a Champions League ticket by finishing 4th on the final day, because 6th placed Marseille beat 4th placed Stade Rennais and we moved up from 5th. Monaco has an decent enough team but it still needs some overhauling and I think I will bring some faces in from Boca because they all wanted release clauses and I had to renew their contracts every few month so I could keep them.

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division			Position		Notes						
2020/21  Cape Town Spurs	South African Championship	1st  			Champions, Promoted
2021/22	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	7th			Won Nedbank Cup, Qualified for CAF Confederations Cup
2022/23	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	5th			Won Telkom Knockout & Nedbank Cup
2023/24	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	1st			Champions, won CAF Confederations Cup
2024/25  Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	2nd			Won CAF Champions League, CAF Super League, MTN8
2026	 -			-				-			Unemployed, being picky about choosing a club
2027	 FC Seoul		K-League Classic		1st			Champions			
2028	 FC Seoul		K-League Classic		1st			Champions, knocked out in semi's CL
2029	 FC Seoul		K-League Classic		1st			Champions, won Champions League & Cup
2030/31	 Vélez Sarsfield	Liga Profesional de Fútbol	2nd			-
2031/32	 Boca Juniors		Liga Profesional de Fútbol	1st			Champions
2032/33	 Boca Juniors		Liga Profesional de Fútbol	1st			Champions, won Copa Libertadores, Argentinian & South American Super Cups
2033/34	 Boca Juniors		Liga Profesional de Fútbol	N/a			Won Copa Argentina
2033/34  AS Monaco		Ligue 1				4th			

International
Year	Team			Achievements
2023	Ivory Coast		Won Africa Cup of Nations, Resigned after
2024	USA			Reached 3rd round of the World Cup
2025	USA			Won the Gold Cup
2031	Japan			Knocked out in the semis of the Asian Cup	
2032	Argentina	
2033	Argentina		Qualified for the World Cup

Challenge Progress

Club
 3/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, South Korea, Argentina)
 3/10 domestic cups (Cape Town Spurs, Nedbank Cup, South Africa, Hana Bank FA Cup, FC Seoul, Copa Argentina, Boca)
 3/5 club continental Championships (CAF Champions League, Cape Town Spurs, Asian Champions League, FC Seoul, Copa Libertadores, Boca Juniors)

International
 2/5 continental tournaments (Ivory Coast, Africa, 2023, USA, Gold Cup, 2025)
 0/1 world tournaments 

Edited by Fizzle

9326e90145166504d4.png

RACING CLUB

2032/33

Racing-Club-de-Avellaneda_-Competitions7cb54bc85cc5627a.png

Results: Since I Took Over

Just a quick end of league season update the layout for Argentina is strange. Surprisingly we're still in the Copa Libertadores and Copa Argentina and with our form since coming in I'm feeling extremely confident we can win the league next season. I only made two additions to the team and they were excellent for us. I just need to keep hold of this squad over the summer.

CAREER PROGRESS

2012073745_ClubCareer.thumb.png.bafe6b9b533a7dca6db3039f7f3e9208.png

@SK I generally rotate two teams in the group stages of a main tournament (playing my weakest team twice), but in the main knockout rounds I generally just play my strongest XI. I may rotate the odd player that needs resting but if you look at other teams you come up against late in tournaments they are usually fatigued too.

82.png.5ea7f689677acf6e792c6994769c30a0.png

Crispypaul
Boca Juniors
Liga Profesional De Futbol
2031/32

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - languishing in 8th we pulled it together and ended up top albeit on goal difference at the end of the regular season.  This led to a play off with the other giants River which we won 3-0 to lift the title.

Cup - Fixtures - won the 2031 edition before I joined.   Comfortably won our first game in 2032.

Copa Libertadores - Fixtures | Table - won all but won game in our group, we face Atletico Mineiro of Brazil in the knockouts.

Finances - not great, but we've gradually dispensed with older players on high wages

Transfers - the previous manager bought in some absolute rubbish which didn't help although at least all the foreign slots were free.

Squad

Key players

Damaso Ferella - l had signed him at Hoffenheim but out of favour there so loaned in, extended to 2033 when I hope to get him on a free

Jorge Espinoza - absolute bargain Ecuador keeper for £145k

Alejandro Lupianez - great midfielder from our youth system

Daniel Recalde - was on loan at New England in the MLS where he scored 0 goals.  Much better for us clearly.

765.png.d074bf69942cea2e021d56422fadf8fb.png

England
Season 31/32

Just friendlies as we're Euro 2032 hosts.

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division		Position			Notes						
2020/21  Cape Town Spurs     	South African 1st  	 1st				Champions, Promoted
2021/22	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Prem	 2nd				Qualified for Champions League
2022/23	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Prem	 1st				Won CAF CL, Cup, Resigned at end of season
2023/24	 Tigres			Liga MX		 	 4th/1st			Won both Apertura and Clausura, qualifed for CL
2024/25	 Tigres			Liga Mx		    	 1st/1st			Won Apertura, Leagues Cup, CONCACAF CL
2025	 Suwon Samsung Bluewings K League 1		 2nd				Won KFA Cup
2026	 Suwon Samsung Bluewings K League 1		 1st				Won KFA Cup, AFC Champions League
2026/27	 Hamburg		1. Bundesliga	         17th				Joined February, Relegated, Resigned
2027/28	 Fenerbahce		Turkish Superleague	 1st				Won Turkish Cup, Europa Conference League
2028/29	 Hoffenheim		1. Bundesliga		 2nd				Won German Cup
2029/30	 Hoffenheim		1. Bundesliga	     	 1st				Won German Cup, Lost in CL final, resigned
2030/31	 Everton		Premier League		n/a				Left after 48 days
2030/31	 PSG			Ligue Un		1st				Won French Cup, lost in CL final, resigned
2031/32	 Boca Juniors		Liga Profesional	1st			- 

International
Year	   Team					Achievements
2023		Nigeria				Won AFCON, resigned after
2026		Iran				Appointed after World Cup
2027 		Iran				Lost in Asian Cup SF, resigned
2028/29		England				Won Nations League
2029/30		England				Won 2030 World Cup
2030/31		England				Won Nations League

Challenge Progress

Club
 7/10 top domestic leagues (Cape Town Spurs, South Africa, 22/23; Tigres, Mexico, 23/24; Suwon Samsung Bluewings, South Korea, 2026; Fenerbahce, Turkey, 2027/28; Hoffenheim, Germany, 2029/30; PSG, France, 2030/31; Boca Juniors, Argentina, 2031/32)
 6/10 domestic cups (Cape Town Spurs, South Africa, 22/23; Tigres, Mexico, 23/24; Suwon Samsung Bluewings, South Korea, 2025; Fenerbahce, Turkey, 2027/28; Hoffenheim, Germany, 2028/29; PSG, France, 2030/31)
 3/5 club continental championships (Cape Town Spurs, Africa, 22/23; Tigres, North America, 24/25; Suwon Samsung Bluewings, Asia, 2026)

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Nigeria, Africa, 2023)
 1/1 world tournaments (England, 2030)

765.png.b9ea30633f8ce26cbc9380e292f24464.png

England
Euro 2032

Group Stages - Table | Fixtures - smashed Slovenia 6-0 then a repeat of Euro 2021 with a 0-0 draw against Scotland.  A 3-1 defeat of Austria got us through to face giants France in the 2nd round

2nd Round

Spoiler

England 2 France 1 AET - a first half Mason Greenwood goal was a good start until we had a man sent off then in the 82nd minute our centre half scored an own goal.  A late Reece James goal in the last 10 minutes of extra time saw us through to the quarters.

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

England 3 Germany 0 - the second QF in a row against Germany and this one was closer than perhaps it appears, the difference being largely in goalkeeping (Ramsdale: 8.1.  German keeper whom I used to have at Hoffenheim: 6.6)

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

England 2 Netherlands 0 - beat the Dutch fairly comfortably

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

England 1 Portgual 0 AET - not the most thrilling game but a goal in extra time was enough to lift the trophy.  With that done I resigned and will hold off getting another international job until after the World Cup as there is nothing else relevant for now.

Crest.png.d36d4c6a2b1e45ca51a8fc780021ea00.png

Columbia: World Cup 2078

Having lifted the Premier League title it was time for me to depart Manchester United and move on to the next leg of my journey. Before I put too much focus into finding a new job it was time for the World Cup though.

We entered the World Cup ranked at 5th in the world and with high hopes of having a solid tournament. For me this tournament was all about survival though. I need to win the Copa America and so it was important that my team put in a good showing so that I would keep my job ahead of the next edition in a couple of years. The FA wanted a semi final spot at worse, something I felt was actually pretty ambitious. 

1247876308_WC78.png.d37f82f37292136ec5fb5e95ffd6a7f1.png

We didn’t manage to match the expectations of our FA as we were beaten in the Quarter Finals by the number one ranked team in the world. We gave Spain a really good game but ended up falling just short in a 0-2 defeat. Prior to that we had enjoyed a good tournament though and looked very competitive. The Third Round victory over Germany was our best performance as we put in a display worthy of progression against one of the strongest teams in the tournament.

Thankfully the FA allowed me to remain in charge of the side, meaning I should survive through to the next edition of the Copa America. For me that was the number one goal and so to achieve it felt really important. The preparations can begin for the tournament I need to win, having lost our in the final of the last Copa America. Since the World Cup we’ve played several friendlies and I’ve experimented with some new faces. We beat China by a 1-0 score line and then faced a double header with Nigeria and England. Firstly we gave Nigeria a 4-0 hammering before three days later we picked up a creditable 2-2 draw away against England. A good result although we did twice manage to throw away a lead.

Outside of my role with the Colombian side I am still unemployed. I’m waiting on the perfect job role but so far it hasn’t become available. I’m in no great rush although it would be nice to get back into club management soon that’s for sure.

2024/25 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		Confederations Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2025/26 SuperSport United	SA Premier		1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Cup Winners, CAF Super Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners, 
2026/27 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		SA Knockout Cup Winners, CAF Champions League Winners
2029	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Asian Champions League Winners, Chinese FA Cup Winners
2030	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	1st (C)		Chinese Super League Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2033/34 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Sudamericana Winners, Copa Argentinos Winners, Argentinian Super Cup Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners
2034/35 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Libertadores Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners
2035	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	5th		MLS Western Conference Winners
2036	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st (C)		MLS Cup Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, MLS Western Conference Winners, Leagues Cup Winners
2037	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st		MLS Western Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, Campeones Cup Winners
2048/49	-
2049/50	-
2052/53 CF Valencia		La Liga			3rd		European Super Cup Winners, Copa del Rey Winners
2055/56	CF Valencia		La Liga			1st (C)		La Liga winners, Spanish Super Cup Winners
2056/57 -
2059/60	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, Taca da Liga Cup Winners
2060/61	FC Porto		Superliga		3rd		UEFA Champions League Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners
2061/62	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, UEFA Super Cup Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners, Taca de Liga Cup Winners 
2062/63	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners, Taca da Liga Winners
2063/64	FC Porto		Superliga		1st (C)		Superliga winners, Portuguese Cup winners,Taca da Liga Winners
2064/65	FC Porto		Superliga		1st (C)		Superliga winners, Portuguese Super Cup winners
2065/66	Paris Saint Germain	French Ligue 1		1st (C)		Ligue 1 winners, Coupe de France winners, French Super Cup winners
2068/69	Juventus		Serie A			2nd		Coppa Italia Winners, Italian Super Cup Winners
2059/70	Juventus		Serie A			1st (C)		Serie A Winners, Europa League Winners, Copa Italia Winners
2070/71	-
2073/74	Manchester City		Premier League		2nd		Europa League Winners, Community Shield winners, Club World Cup Winners
2074/75	Manchester City		Premier League		3rd		European Super Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners
2077/78	Manchester United	Premier League		1st (C)		Premier League Winners, League Cup Winners
2078/79	-
2079/80

Year		Nation			Honours
2046-2048	Columbia
2048-2049	Nigeria
2054-2055	South Korea
2057-2060	Brazil
2075-present	Columbia	

9/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League, 2030 Chinese Super League Winners, 2037 MLS Cup Winners, 2045/46 Bundesliga Winners, 2055/56 La Liga winners, 2063/64 Portuguese Superliga winners, 2065/66 Ligue 1 winners, 2069/70 Serie A Winners, 2077/78 Premier League Winners)
8/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners, 2032/33 Copa Argentinos Winners, 2053 Copa del Rey Winners, 2059 Taca de Liga Portugal Winners, 2065/66 Coupe de France winners, 2068/69 Coppa Italia Winners, 2072/73 FA Cup Winners)
5/5 club continental championships (2026/27 CAF Champions League Winners, 2029 Asian Champions League Winners, 2034/35 Copa Libertadores Winners, 2041 CONCACAF Champions League Winners, 2060/61 UEFA Champions League Winners)

3/5 continental competitions (2051 African Cup of Nations, 2067 Asia Cup, 2071 CONCACAF Gold Cup)

Crest.png.cec6284f8ec5530a88d6ddd13c868952.png

PAOK Salonika: Takeover March 2080

Following my World Cup exploits with Columbia my time on the unemployment line at club level would continue. In fact it would be just a few months prior to the Copa America of 2070 when I would finally pick up a new club job. 

Takeover.png.9707c75dd459d294e9ceec18555ee345.png

After two seasons unemployed I finally managed to pick up a new job role and it’s an extremely exciting one. I was determined my next job would be a competitive one and one in which I could look to chalk off my last required league title. Greece has been dominated over recent years by Olympiakos meaning I join a club that needs building in order to compete. I’m excited to get stuck in though and it carries on my tradition during this save of venturing into unknown leagues and nations. Money will be tight here and it’ll be down to my scouting and tactical abilities for any success we produce during my time here. I’m keen to get stuck in though, and it’s a real exciting opportunity for me.

I join with the club sat in 4th place and during the “Championship split”, where the league is separated and teams play against fellow high fliers. To be honest the league title is long gone and the remaining games will be used to get to know my players and get them used to my system. The team is still in the domestic cup though and hold a 3-1 aggregate lead after the first leg. Hopefully I can immediately pick up silverware in that sense. The squad is absolutely huge though so my current focus will be to try and win the cup whilst getting ready to have a huge clear out of our squad ahead of putting together a title charge next campaign.

2048/49	-
2049/50	-
2056/57 -
2070/71	-
2078/79	-
2079/80	PAOK Salonika		Greek Superleague	tbc

Year		Nation			Honours
2046-2048	Columbia
2048-2049	Nigeria
2054-2055	South Korea
2057-2060	Brazil
2075-present	Columbia	

982.png.e12b9957b6ecf48cf31aac7ca5fc0638.png

PAOK Salonika: 2079/80 Review

My time in Greece has only been short so far, but my arrival truly sparked a mini revival in the black and white side of Salonika. I inherited a team sat in 4th place, with hopes of getting familiar with my players and them familiar with me and my style. With the transfer window firmly shut I was forced to use a hugely bloated squad which did possess a fair amount of quality. Streamlining it will be a priority in the summer though. My reign began in the toughest way as we played host to champions elect Olympiakos. We took an early lead before succumbing to a 1-3 defeat, although that would be my only taste of league defeat. The rest of our season saw us pick up five league victories and a draw to climb up to second spot in the table. A pretty fine effort, especially as we kept five clean sheets across my seven matches at the helm.

Outside of the league we faced the prospect of a trophy in the Greek Cup too. I joined with the club 3-1 up on aggregate against Niki Volou in the final. We did the job in the second leg to reach the final, drawing 1-1 and booking a tough looking final against city rivals Aris.

199942679_GreekCupFinal.png.04507f5abc635d38ff9c3484b0283fda.png

We produced a comfortable display to score twice in the first half and lift the cup. My first silverware arrives within just six weeks of my appointment and was the perfect start to life in Greece. In truth the result wasn’t ever really in doubt. We were in control of the contest from the very first whistle, and perhaps can count ourselves a little unlucky that the score line wasn’t even more emphatic.

We nearly had a second taste of silverware as well, reaching the final of the Europa Conference League. The very first time the club had made it that far.

1363553562_ConferenceLgeFinal.png.4fd1b41fd91acf6ec29e867945dd15b9.png

My arrival saw us comfortable progress past Icelandic side Valur 6-1 on aggregate in the quarter finals before an even better effort in the semis. Facing German side Borussia Monchengladbach we won 2-0 at home before clinching a 2-1 away win a week later. Napoli proved too much for us in the final though, even though we have a really good account of ourselves. 

I couldn’t really have wished for a better start to life in Greece and I am very much excited for the future. We finished a long way behind champions Olympiakos but I see no reason why I can’t build a squad capable of challenging. It may take a while but I am more than happy to have a go. Saying that I do have my eyes on another job in another country. I’m happy to stay with PAOK, but if that one very specific job becomes available then I will leave in a heart beat. I won’t give a spoiler, but it’s a job with real potential to complete the club side of this challenge in quick time. For now it’s Copa America time and hopefully I can chalk off one of the remaining international honours I require. 

2048/49	-
2049/50	-
2056/57 -
2070/71	-
2078/79	-
2079/80	PAOK Salonika		Greek Superleague	2nd		Greek Cup Winners
2080/81	PAOK Salonika		Greek Superleague	tbc

Year		Nation			Honours
2046-2048	Columbia
2048-2049	Nigeria
2054-2055	South Korea
2057-2060	Brazil
2075-present	Columbia	

9/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners, 2032/33 Copa Argentinos Winners, 2053 Copa del Rey Winners, 2059 Taca de Liga Portugal Winners, 2065/66 Coupe de France winners, 2068/69 Coppa Italia Winners, 2072/73 FA Cup Winners, 2079/80 Greek Cup Winners)

Crest.png.703131e151fed83b42935b7fe3eca350.png

Columbia: 2080 Copa America

Having began this challenge without any aspirations of even getting close to completing it I enter this competition with a tally of just four trophies left to collect. It may have taken me over fifty years of game time but this save has had me truly gripped from my very early stages right through until now. At this stage this current edition of the Copa America feels huge though, as it’s the international side of things I can see holding me back from completion. Four years ago I took my Columbia side to the final, before we lost our narrowly to a very strong Mexico side. I felt like this time success was the only option. Especially as I am still requiring the European Championships too, a tournament that runs on the same four year cycle to this one.

My squad selection for the tournament contained no real shocks. There was real quality spread throughout, and the only surprise was my inclusion of a 36-year old midfielder who I had never named in a match day squad. His versatility my reason for inclusion, but it certainly raised a lot of interest prior to the tournament kicking off.

270896067_GroupTable.png.0e0e6c6179c513b811cdccc9556b60e7.png

The group stage of the tournament really couldn’t have gone any better for us. We opened by defeating Uruguay comfortably by a 3-1 score line despite using fringe and backup players. Our second game was Brazil and we twice led before having to settle for a 2-2 draw and our only dropped points of the group. A mixture of different players then saw off Ecuador (4-0, Peru (2-0) and Costa Rica (7-0) to win the group and qualify for the quarter finals.

Knockouts.png.ec077cdcf873cf72a18e41f23aae467f.png

In truly gutting circumstances we lose out for the second time in a row in the final. We comfortably navigated through our quarter final with Paraguay before facing an absolute thriller against Brazil in the semis. After an hour we found ourselves 3-0 up and cruising. Our opponents then turned it in though and within fifteen minutes it was 3-3 and I was fearing the worst. Then with just six minutes remaining Liverpool striker Larry Maldonado completed his second hat trick of the tournament to put us into our second consecutive final.

Final.png.9c8f7fd88a41b5f93049b3db5ece20fd.png

The final was cagey and to be honest we can count ourselves extremely unlucky. We fell behind to a goal against the run of play but then struggled to create chances to get back into the game. Despite controlling the majority of the game we were beaten and my quest for the Copa America crown will continue.

A really disappointing end to another fantastic tournament for me and my Columbia side. We were yet again just a 0-1 defeat away from winning this tournament and this one definitely hits me below the belt. Two consecutive Copa America finals and yet I still wait for us to actually lift the trophy. Again I see no reason in walking away and will plan to return in four years time for another go at trying to lift this elusive crown.

Takeover.png.34c4027eeb02609970fca62efc742749.png

I do now possess a new club job though and it’s the one I’ve been waiting for. They have won the league title every season for the last twenty three years and it’s the perfect opportunity for me to come in and complete the club side of this challenge. Their manager departed after the European Championships to take an international job and I quickly applied for there vacant position. This saw me sacked as manager of PAOK Salonica which simply didn’t bother me at all. I hope to polish off the league title and remaining domestic cup I require as quickly as possible and then I can focus on the remaining international honours that I require. It’s an exciting job for me though, and I am very much looking forward to what will hopefully be a campaign full of success.

2048/49	-
2049/50	-
2056/57 -
2070/71	-
2078/79	-
2080/81	Celtic			Scottish Premier	tbc

Year		Nation			Honours
2046-2048	Columbia
2048-2049	Nigeria
2054-2055	South Korea
2057-2060	Brazil
2075-present	Columbia	

9/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners, 2032/33 Copa Argentinos Winners, 2053 Copa del Rey Winners, 2059 Taca de Liga Portugal Winners, 2065/66 Coupe de France winners, 2068/69 Coppa Italia Winners, 2072/73 FA Cup Winners, 2079/80 Greek Cup Winners)

See the source image

- HERBEI CHINA FORTUNE FC -

A month since the last update where I was at Real Madrid and looking to move on.... move on with we did to the riches of the chinese super league!

I joined HCF 14 games into a 30 game season with them sitting in 12th place and in the semi finals of the chinese fa cup.

image.png.1a1c701e5affe74abf3c6188e94557f5.png

There was a few humbling defeats as we got used to some of the rules and how to manage to accommodate around 8 foreign players into 5 playing slots but most importantly we won the cup and in doing so qualified for next seasons Asian Champions League which is quite a good result considering how far we were away through qualifying via the league.

image.png.847e843fc5f04834742c8f54b3c91d0e.png

Beijin Guoan also won the asian champions league, have the strongest squad along with the most finances so they will be the side to beat it seems.

INTERNATIONAL

See the source image

- BRAZIL -

The world cup finished in july 38' and there has been no further games since

WHAT'S NEXT

The main goal moving forward is to win the Asian champions league as quickly as possible and although not a top priority also win the Chinese super league. Some of the rules are quite restrictive so this maybe quite challenging.

Knocking off another domestic cup was a good bonus after some struggles with this in other league although it was somewhat fortunate with me picking up the side with them already in the semi's!

image.png.c138a75ea896448d3b647ca8ca6f3a78.png

image.png.6c83336dcde000a2d415e7de8c815aef.png

image.png.0f744a9b4f1a0bed91fb1062a8875927.png

image.jpeg.857a988d3e36e4b27f8605d4e63aca6a.jpeg              image.png.7a8fec8afc71e1c5665fe71c240dcd7e.png

End of Season Update | July 2022 | Jomo Cosmos F. C. & Uruguay

SA Premier Soccer League: Consecutive season finished 2nd in the league. Early season form of drawing many games kept me out of contention for the title early, Made a contest out of it till the end especially last 4-5 games, but those early draws eventually weren't enough. 

c2a190ca3222277a93c17fa83e11cc38.png

SA Knockout Cup: Knocked out in first round itself but without any fight. Was able to push the game to extra time with 2-2 and then to penalties. Got denied in penalties by 5-3. 

92924baf77291488990f6c2b262d05fe.png

SA FA Cup: Another cup, another first round exit. Casually lost to a weak team 1-0.

a26e3318756248dd6d52964d7117280e.png

SA Super Eight Cup: Was able to win the Quarterfinal albeit only in extra time, but then lost in the Semi Final against Wits 1-2. 

a1a32c20e908b531685dcada455b8b79.png

African Champions League: Was able to win the Preliminary Round and First Round Qualifications fairly comfortably. Then got drawn in the group stage against one of the eventual finalist. Still finished second in the groups by thrashing the other two easier opponents and then lost the Quarter Final to eventual winners of the competition. Good tournament, hopefully could win next time. 

bd0eb993cb3a71e9231eef74f74df1be.png

Uruguay: Lost many games than I anticipated in the World Cup Qualifiers, but still was able to finish 3rd in the league table behind Argentina and Brazil. Looking forward to the winter World cup in 4 months time, with a relatively tough group draw. Don't think I can push forward from this group to the knockouts. 

7661e4d2ce62c7b939ba44bed55c6e70.png 82057777c3ce44daec931309fcfe2d79.png

Challenge Progress: Able to complete Continental B License just before this season ended. Will be starting to study for Continental A License. This would be my final season at Jomo Cosmos F.C. and Uruguay. Will see if my squad can win the League this season with some improvements and also will try to strike off whatever cups I can including AFC if possible. 

Not having many expectations on the World cup anyway. 

f9a535f1942873d5152fb3bbc109f8d6.png

b6e316742c0bfea35b7a5614e0ba7105.png

Edited by b4usiddhu2

Henan Season 2024 Review

LeagueReally good season from us as we improved a lot this season. We started really well and it took till the 12th or so game before we even lost, 2nd half of the season we stuttered and started to be very up and down where we'd batter teams but then struggle the very next game (for example we only scored 3 goals in our final 5 or 6 away games) and even though we only finished 2 points off the title it felt like the title was gone a long time before the final game. Still though to get the highest points total not to win the league is little annoying but something to build on

FA CupA nice run in this never playing a side above 7th in the run and played a mid table league 1 side in the final meant we were winners for the first time

Transfersfocused mainly on young Chinese players and many of our deals are listed under last season, we got some good fees in as well

Squadimproving, still needs some work, now we're in the Champions League and have moved on a few of the foreign players (and hope to shift a couple more this pre season) I will be looking to go bid with the area's I feel we're lacking this transfer window

Key Players

Leo Greimi - We really missed him during our rocky spell in the middle of the season as he was at the Euro's and then the Olympics - I really don't think I'll be able to keep him for the whole of this next season 
Thiago Almada - He's excellent but should really be dominating this level of teams, he's either amazing or awful which kinda mirrors our whole team
Tong Zhi - My new favourite player, picked him up on a free last season and he's brilliant and only getting better

Career Progress

2024	    Henan		Premiership		2nd 		Won the FA Cup
Year		Nation			Honours

Challenge Progress

2/10 top domestic cups – South Africa (SuperSport United 2023), China (Henan 2024)

0/1 world tournaments

2037/38

1985161251_Federazione_Italiana_Giuoco_Calcio_Logo_2017_4_stars_svg.thumb.png.b9c6ca9794da2f24a6934b796c698bd9.png

I’ll keep this one short and sweet. I started the tournament in fine form with a 4-0 win against Cameroon. I heavily rotated my next game and despite taking an early lead I lost 3-1 which took a lot of steam out the team.

The 3rd round and round of 16 were both 3-2 wins in extra time against Poland and Portugal respectively . Both finished 2-2 in normal time. I was lucky against Poland but I battered Portugal. Unfortunately the tournament ended in the next game against France. I took an early lead but couldn’t hold on as I conceded 3 on the spin. I scored in the 93rd minute to make it 3-2 but then France scored straight away. 

Unfortunately and not surprisingly I was sacked come the tournament end. To make matters worse my former team France won it. I tried for the vacant Holland, Brazil and Spain jobs but they all rejected me. I’m now manager of Chile and will be praying for a miracle come Copa America. The international side of this save is really dragging for me in comparison to the club side. 

2020/21 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	3rd (promoted via playoffs)		
2021/22 Uthongathi FC		SA Premier League	4th
2022/23 Kaiser Chiefs	        SA Premier League       1st.  Won Knockout Cup and Be the Coach.
2023/2024 Kaiser Chiefs         SA Premier League       1st. Won Super 8 and Be the Coach. CL Finalists.
2024/25 Kaiser Chiefs SA Premier League 1st. Won Knockout Cup and Champions League.
2025    Guangzhao.               Chinese Super League.   3rd. Started in 3rd with 5 games to go.
2026    Guangzhao                Chinese Super League.   1st.  Lost the final of CFA Cup   
2027    Guanzhao                 Chinese Super League.   1st   CFA Cup winner
2028   Guangzhao                 Chinese Super League   1st CFA Cup Winner  Super Cup Winner
2029.  Guangzhao                 Chinese Super League    1st  Super Cup Winner
2030.  Guangzhao                 Chinese Super League    1st. Asian Champions League Winner Super Cup Winner
2030-2031 Hertha Berlin          Bundesliga.             10th (took over 13th).  German Cup Runner up. Resigned at seasons end
2031-32 Inter Milan              Serie A                 1st    Super Cup Winner
2032-2033 Inter Milan            Serie A                 2nd.   Italian Cup Winner and Super Cup Winner
2033-34.  Borussia Dortmund.     German Bundesliga.      1st.   German Cup Winner
2034-35 Cruz Azul.               Mexican First Division. 1st.   Mexican Cup winner
2035/36. Cruz Azul.              Mexican First Division. 1st
2036/37 Cruz Azul                Mexican First Division. 2nd    NACL Winner
2037  Corinthians.            Brazilian First Division 5th.  Took over in 9th place with 9 games to go.

International 
2021-2023. Nigeria. Lost in QF of AFCON. Sacked. 
2023- present- Ghana. Lost in R of 16 AFCON. Resigned before being sacked.
2026-2027 Ivory Coast AFCON Champsions. Resigned after.
2029- 2032 Mexico. Lost in 3rd Round at WC. Gold Cup Winners. Copa America Finalist 
2032- 2046 France. Lost in Nations League Final 2033, Lost in WC Final 2034. Lost in SF Euro 2036. Resigned after Euro 36
2036- 2028 Italy. Lost in Nationa League Final 2037. Made WC QF. Sacked after WC 2038
5/10 top domestic leagues (2022/23-2024/25 SA Premier League, 2026-20230 CSL), (2031/32 Serie A, 2033/34 Bundesliga, 2034/35,2035/36 Mexican First Division)
5/10 top domestic cups (2022/23, 24/25 SA Knockout Cup, 2027, 2028 CFA Cup, 2032/33 Italian Cup, 2033/34 German Cup, 2034/35 Mexican Cup)
3/5 club continental championships (2024/25 African Champions League, 2030 Asian Champions League, 2037 NACL)

2/5 continental competitions (2027 AFCON, 2031 Gold Cup)
0/1 world tournaments
15/32 total trophies

image.png.fa6ff165feea6a28ac379485c04d058a.png

End of World Cup Update | Dec 2022 | Uruguay

Well, a disastrous world cup campaign, with a draw and two losses, I deserve the sacking immediately. 

bb2b6951cf5fe8ec72cca8f6345e2c67.png

No surprises regarding other results mostly, France won the world cup with a boring 0-0 final followed by a penalty shootout. 

Will see what I can get post world Cup, in terms of the International side management. Meanwhile, the Jomo Cosmos is living up to the expectations so far at least in the league. Update end of the season coming.

Crest.png.af18249c7e7f9c16efc9e3bcc301c96e.png

Glasgow Celtic FC: 2080/81 Review

Having clinched the Greek Cup with PAOK Salonica I made a hasty exit to join Celtic, a job I had waited patiently to become available. I wanted to join after my departure from Manchester United but the job wasn’t available. I saw it as a perfect opportunity to pick up a swift league and cup double and chalk off another two trophies towards the challenge.

The inherited squad didn’t need much improvement and so our pre season transfer activity was extremely limited. I focused more on shifting on players who weren’t likely to feature and promoted a few youth players into the first team. From an early stage it became clear that we were in for a very good season. In the league we wouldn’t drop a point for our first nine matches, and wouldn’t suffer a defeat until the second Old Firm derby of the campaign. We sat top of the pile literally all season and clinched the league title with a couple of games left to go. We never raced ridiculously clear at the top but we were always comfortable on top of the pile. Most pleasing was to clinch the title with a victory over biggest rivals Rangers with a last gasp penalty giving us a 3-2 win.

1102530663_EndTable.png.451d21744c92aa10a327a425939c5f7c.png

Defensively we were sublime all season, aided by one of my two transfers Orlando Silva. The 20-year old goalkeeper cost us £30,000,000, but was a real key performer in a back line that just didn’t concede goals. Scoring goals was never an issue, hardly surprising when you look at the goals column of the league table. Strikers Victor Velez and Obed Gallegos both got over 20 league goals, as did winger Aaron Labbate. Our top scorer was right winger Joel Medeiros though. The Andorran scored a remarkable 38 goals in his 34 appearances to help fire us to glory.

We shocked a lot of people in the Champions League as we managed to win our group. Especially impressive considering we were joined by Chelsea, Lyon and Mainz and lost our opening game to the blue team from London. We bounced back by winning the remaining five games to reach the knockout stages. The dream would end their though to my former side Valencia. We were hammered 0-5 away in the first leg before producing a better display in a 1-1 draw at home in the second.

The two domestic cup competitions both brought us mixed results. 

883304908_ScottishCupFinal.png.79fde0ee517b745690af4bad00524106.png

Delightfully we managed to lift a domestic cup and complete a memorable double. The tensest game of our run was definitely the Old Firm semi final against bitter rivals Rangers. We took an early lead and looked to be cruising towards the final before central defender Principe was dismissed midway through the second half for a last man foul. Rangers scored an equaliser from the resulting penalty and we were forced to cling on for dear life. Cling on we did though, taking the game to extra time and keeping hope for an unlikely victory. We took a shock lead against the run of play early in the extra period before being pegged back again just a few minutes later. We dug deep to hang on to the 2-2 draw though and grab an opportunity with a penalty shoot out. We took our chance by scoring all of our kicks, whilst keeper Orlando Silva saved two to put us into the final.

The League Cup proved the only real disappointment though. We got through to the Quarter Finals before losing out 0-1 after extra time to Ross County in a shock result. I was left disappointed as the competition ends before Christmas and we could’ve wrapped up a trophy before the season even got close to the business end.

So my time is Scotland very much classes as a job well done. I came here with the intentions of picking up a league title and a domestic cup and we achieved it during my first season at the helm. It wasn’t massively surprising and to be honest we faced very little resistance throughout. We complete a very dominant domestic campaign and with all the success I needed to make my time here memorable. I waited for the celebrations to end before walking away from my position as manager and on the hunt for pastures new. I have now completed the club phase of this challenge and require just two international honours. I debated remaining club free and focusing on those international honours but have actually decided to embark on something new. I figured I would get bored just waiting for the international fixtures and so have instead moved on and to a new challenge. I will update in due course. I now have a bit of a time restraint though. My birthday is in a couple of weeks and I have a shiny new ps5 waiting for me. That gives me a couple of weeks to try and win those remaining tournaments and complete the impossible challenge.

2048/49	-
2049/50	-
2056/57 -
2070/71	-
2078/79	-
2080/81	Celtic			Scottish Premier	1st (C)		Scottish Premiership Winners, Scottish Cup Winners
2081/82

Year		Nation			Honours
2046-2048	Columbia
2048-2049	Nigeria
2054-2055	South Korea
2057-2060	Brazil
2075-present	Columbia	

10/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League, 2030 Chinese Super League Winners, 2037 MLS Cup Winners, 2045/46 Bundesliga Winners, 2055/56 La Liga winners, 2063/64 Portuguese Superliga winners, 2065/66 Ligue 1 winners, 2069/70 Serie A Winners, 2077/78 Premier League Winners, 2080/81 Scottish Premiership Winners)
10/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners, 2032/33 Copa Argentinos Winners, 2053 Copa del Rey Winners, 2059 Taca de Liga Portugal Winners, 2065/66 Coupe de France winners, 2068/69 Coppa Italia Winners, 2072/73 FA Cup Winners, 2079/80 Greek Cup Winners, 2080/81 Scottish Cup Winners)

Crest.png.b3798c390f07bddda6fae81b1c928a6d.png

Columbia: 2081/82

Having completed the club side of this challenge my focus has had to shift to the two remaining international tournaments I need to pick up glory in. I’ve been with Columbia for some time now and have so far been unable to pick up the Copa America. Not for the want of trying though, having been beaten in the final of the past two editions of the tournament. Having left Celtic at the end of last season it was all about getting my side ready for the 2082 World Cup. It would be important to give a good showing so I could keep my job here ahead of the next Copa America in a couple of years.

Qualifiers.png.5fbb23298c656eb45164d0588a9258f4.png

Qualification for the World Cup proved easy enough although we couldn’t win the league format this time around. Argentina proved far too strong, backing up the defeat they handed us in the Copa America final. We qualified easily enough though and in truth that was all that really mattered.

Outside of Columbia I am still looking for a role with a new club although not particularly hard. There is no pressure on me to try and find a new position and so I am very much taking my time to find one that interests me enough to keep going. The international side is my focus though so I can very much afford to be picky.

2048/49	-
2049/50	-
2056/57 -
2070/71	-
2078/79	-
2080/81	Celtic			Scottish Premier	1st (C)		Scottish Premiership Winners, Scottish Cup Winners
2081/82	-

Year		Nation			Honours
2046-2048	Columbia
2048-2049	Nigeria
2054-2055	South Korea
2057-2060	Brazil
2075-present	Columbia	

10/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League, 2030 Chinese Super League Winners, 2037 MLS Cup Winners, 2045/46 Bundesliga Winners, 2055/56 La Liga winners, 2063/64 Portuguese Superliga winners, 2065/66 Ligue 1 winners, 2069/70 Serie A Winners, 2077/78 Premier League Winners, 2080/81 Scottish Premiership Winners)
10/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners, 2032/33 Copa Argentinos Winners, 2053 Copa del Rey Winners, 2059 Taca de Liga Portugal Winners, 2065/66 Coupe de France winners, 2068/69 Coppa Italia Winners, 2072/73 FA Cup Winners, 2079/80 Greek Cup Winners, 2080/81 Scottish Cup Winners)

Crest.png.ea2e501fad0e59c4869fd925985459c2.png

Columbia: 2082 World Cup

Without any club football to focus on my time became solely placed with my Columbia side and trying to put together a squad of players who could end my heartbreak and win the Copa America at the third time of trying. Before that was the World Cup in Brazil though and a tough test of my credentials. We simply had to put a good showing on so I could keep my position again to go after the Copa America.

We named a fairly predictable squad for the tournament, with very few surprises. There were no uncapped players and I was hoping we could put in another strong showing. Last time around we went all the way to the Quarter Finals before losing out to world number one side Spain. This time I was hoping to potentially go further than that. Preparations for the tournament in Brazil ended with a warm up friendly against Holland, the game ending 0-1 to our opponents. Not the best way to head into the tournament but I was still confident in a solid showing.

1303000170_GroupTable.png.b15337ec2f26f7faae997cbd4357f304.png

The group stage draw was the kindest to us actually, as we were given a couple of tricky looking matches. First up was Turkey and we really didn’t play well. The game ended goalless but to be honest we can count ourselves lucky to avoid defeat. We created very little and put ourselves under pressure to qualify for the knockout rounds. Against Japan we would have to remain patient, but after scoring early in the second half to take the lead we managed to grab a 4-0 win and progress through the tournament.

We entered the knockout phase of the tournament looking to at least reach the Quarter Final stage and match the pre tournament expectations of the Colombian FA. 

Knockouts.png.32b9a25ec76878a729e131d5628aa752.png

I expected to breeze past South Africa in the Second Round, but it took us until the 92nd minute to score and clinch victory. Progression gave us Holland in the next round and the opportunity to extract revenge on them for our warm up game defeat prior to the tournament. This time around we produced a much better performance and fully deserved the victory. Substitute Rafael Moncada gave us the lead just before the half time interval and we never looked back. Winger Kevin Caicedo added a second just before the hour mark and we cruised to victory keeping another clean sheet in the process.

Having matched our achievements of four years ago by reaching the Quarter Finals we would face off against France to try and reach the last four of the tournament. We met a France side unbeaten in their last fourteen matches and looking somewhat ominously strong. We hadn’t conceded a goal in the tournament though and I was confident we had a really good chance. When Dayton Estrada converted an early penalty I had even more confidence. Just eleven minutes in and we knew that another clean sheet would put us into the semi finals. Unfortunately we conceded just before half time having been absolutely bombarded throughout. Our opponents were running the show and my side had no answers. In the end we fell behind shortly after half time and just didn’t have enough to fight back. We were deservedly beaten and crashed out of the tournament at the Quarter Final stage for the second World Cup in a row.

As disappointing as it is to fall short in a major tournament once more, I am not left too down heartened. The important thing was that we put in a strong enough showing to keep me in my position for the next Copa America and we did exactly that. I can now start preparing the squad ready for that tournament in a couple of summers time. Hopefully we can go into that tournament in a good place and ready to try and put to bed the two defeats in finals that we have suffered under my management.

2048/49	-
2049/50	-
2056/57 -
2070/71	-
2078/79	-
2081/82	-
2082/83	-

Year		Nation			Honours
2046-2048	Columbia
2048-2049	Nigeria
2054-2055	South Korea
2057-2060	Brazil
2075-present	Columbia	

image.jpeg.677b3566f67e92b4f5e1babe5b30147f.jpeg

End of Season Update | May 2023 | Jomo Cosmos F.C.

SA Premier Soccer League: What a sensational season this has been. With all the improvements done to the team and personally deciding this would be my last season with this team and SA (even though I have renewed my contract just before this season started for two years), the season was a roller-coaster ride till the last day. Was comfortably leading the title race till February with only 1 defeat and only 2 draws in 16 matches. However, with other competitions impacting the work load of the first XI and few injuries, lost 3 straight games in February to let the advantage given away to my fellow title racers Wits and Sundowns. They both kept me in check till the final day of the season. With 4 games left in the season and I had to play both Wits and Sundowns, I more or less thought it won't be easy to win the title. I lost 1-2 to Sundowns to give the advantage away to them. So the only way I can win the title without other help was to win all my 3 games at the end with Wits playing us on the final game. However, Kaizer Chiefs held me to a boring 0-0 draw to make me give up the title race. The final game was a win of 2-1 against Wits. The only way I can win the title is for Sundowns to not win their final game somehow been scheduled a day after my last game. 

I had the privilege to attend and watch that tense game. A draw is enough for them to win the title. However, my mastermind was the opponents' Midfielder B.Gumede who was loaned out by me in the Jan Transfer window. He had a sensational game for his own team by putting his body on the line and blocking shot after shot in the box. Almost scored himself a winner too. He had 3 body blocks in the final injury minute of 93rd to end the game a draw of 0-0 and let his owner team Jomo Cosmos lift the title in a dramatic manner. 

e8be6f738a4f1a0f182146ec6f5b0f46.png

SA Knockout Cup: Lost in penalty shootout against Maritzburg Utd in First round. Disappointed not to make a fight out of this competition. 

2976f3e8848d29ff254c9a51d7389e52.png

SA FA Cup: Thrashed my First round and Second round opponents easily with 3-0 and 4-0 score lines. Then won 1-0 against Bloem Celtic in Quarter Final. But lost out to SuperSport Utd in a disappointing fashion with 0-1. Thought I could at least make it to the final and try to win this. 

25ac5f843838e49f65f280d359ce808e.png

SA Super Eight Cup: This one was an easier ride till the final where I was thrashed by Sundowns 0-3. 

ef22ab0d3286b5be0aeb43f870095c7c.png

African Champions League: Wonderful season and a win that came with a huge long final penalty shootout against the best club in Africa - Al-Ahly. 

Thrashed my preliminary and First round qualifying round opponents with 17-1 and 12-1 score lines. Group Stage was again was comfortable and the icing on the cake was thrashing Al-Ahly in one of the group games for 4-1. Fittingly, the only loss in the campaign came in the return leg of the group games, where I was beaten 0-2 by them. 

Quarters and Semis again were very easy wins of 6-1 and 9-1 score lines and put us against Al-Ahly for a final showdown. 

The final was going along nicely with 2-0 up till 60minutes. Then came their goals first in 69th minute and then the equalizer at 89th minute. Both the extra times were eventless with no goals. And then started the long procession of penalties. Both the goalkeepers saved one each during the initial 5 penalties pushing the game to sudden death that only finished after 30 penalty kicks. Eventually my keeper saved another one to end the procession at 14-13. 

81a035fdfcb6cfb7eb650ea470e714a3.png

98704c7c75928ad7ce5a0b68c6b3b90a.png

Challenge Progress: Delighted to win both the League and the Champions League from Africa. Missed out on the cup but not bothered about it. Willing to resign from this team and look out for some other continent. With already Continental B license secured and A about to be done in a month and also, with the Continental success, I am assuming I can find a relatively good team either in Asia/NA or even Europe for that matter. 

Not thinking of International management again after the Uruguay sacking yet, but then will eventually take up something after I sort out the club management.

ca6d9f9eb0624e5ead194c5e0f31040d.png

3402dfe815780a09b90eabe44c811c6c.png

d3e6ef55325af57325f8ef077049a423.png

Well didn't have to wait for too long, Got hired by Shandong which are currently in 6th position in the Chinese Super League with only 8 games left. Will try to secure a top 4 position so that I can straight away get a chance to play in Asian Champions League. The squad looks great and with a super rich finances, wish I will challenge for the title next season. 

Shandong.png.ea4b5b0dc9440e70c1509db7ea4cc38e.png

image.jpeg.217027ac2674365f8dce470d287a1d29.jpeg
Season 2020/21 Review - Cape Town United

A little bit late to the party as I begin another go at this. I cant seem to keep away. I went on holiday for a bit at the start applying for everything that came up. I rejected a few Chinese Jobs and a couple in Africa. Eventually a team stole the Cape Town manager. They were 4th with 8 games left. 

LeagueWe moved the team up to second by the time the season ended. It was great to see we were in fantastic form as in the last 8 games we did not loose. It  was enough to put us into the promotion playoff and with 3 wins and a draw it was enough to see us into the Premiership

(Updates will have a little more usually but I was only here for 8 games)

Career Overview

2020/21   Cape Town United	        Championship		2nd 		  Promotion

Challenge Progress

0/10 top domestic – 
0/10 top domestic cups – 
0/5 club continental – 

0/1 world tournaments

Season 2021/22 Review - Cape Town United

Competitions - We played a fairly standard 433 using a defensive midfielder and it just seems to work for me. Although to start the league season off we won and lost our opening games. I did not change anything and just stuck with the formation. I assumed it was a case of getting used to the league and I was right. We won our next 7 games to go towards the top of the table. We never left. We did drop a few points against teams that were struggling at the wrong end of the table and that was our undoing as we lost out on the title but only just. In the cup we were not great we got through one round before going out on pens in the next round. 

Finances - so much better now with the cash coming in from the higher league

Transfers - no players left as we already had a fairly small squad. We had no budget to really speak of so it was loans that were needed this year for me. I was busy trying to bring players who had some experience of this league. 

Stars of the Season

Tshegofatso Mabasa - On loan from Orlando Pirates and was brilliant. Played up top for us and was our main source of goals. 

Steve Hoffman - I thought about replacing him in the off season but could not really afford anyone better. He was great for us but I am not sure how long he lasts as number 1

Dale Wakefield - Came in on loan from Cape Town rivals. I am amazed they let us have him he has been excellent down the left for me. 

Club Overview

2021/22   Cape Town United		Premier League		2nd	 	  Qualified for Champ League

image.png.dcaecb9ce0b6617b48b3cb844e5779b5.png

Uzbekistan 

I got offered my first International job at the turn of the year with Uzbekistan. I should have maybe waited as a lot of the African Teams also came up but I thought I may have an outside chance at the Asian Cup next year. We did not have much to do in our first year in charge with just a 2-0 win over India to speak off. 

International Overview

Season		Nation		Notes
2022		Uzebekistan	Won 1 Friendly

Challenge Progress

0/10 top domestic – 
0/10 top domestic cups – 
0/5 club continental – 

0/1 world tournaments

82.png.5ea7f689677acf6e792c6994769c30a0.png

Crispypaul
Boca Juniors
Liga Profesional De Futbol
2032/33

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - easily won the title again

Cup (2032) - Fixtures - easy run to the final where we beat Newell's to lift the trophy

Cup (2033) - Fixtures - easy win over lower tier opposition

Copa Libertadores (2032) - Fixtures | - good defeat of Atletico Mineiro in the first knockout round.  Athletico Parananense were next and we got past easily.  Santos were beaten narrowly in the home left but a thumping in the away leg got us to the final.  We faced Palmeiras in the final and smashed them 5-0 to lift the trophy.

Copa Libertadores (2033) - Fixtures | Table - won the group despite a loss away to Santos.

Club World Cup - Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Table - walloped Team Wellington and then a surprising win against Chelsea got us to the knockouts.  Next up were Liverpool whom we also beat with an injury time winner.  Man Utd were just too much in the semis but we thumped Cruz Azul to finish 3rd.

Finances - comfortably under control now

Transfers - lost a couple of players to release clauses in January but nothing too serious.  Mainly signed Colombians which is part of the vision oddly.

Squad

Key players

Damaso Ferella -  another good loan season, will be signed in the summer on a free

Leonel Deza - stepped up into the first team as left back

Braian Rios - centre half loaned from Leeds

Juan Pablo Rodas -  prolific Colombian striker signed in 2032.

Ferney Mercado - amazing season from the young Colombian

Federico Leclercq - strong from the right back

Jhon Suarez - Colombian defender

Jhon Benjumea - Colombian winger

Future - I had negotiated a new role during the Club World Cup so have joined Napoli in Serie A.

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division		Position			Notes						
2020/21  Cape Town Spurs     	South African 1st  	 1st				Champions, Promoted
2021/22	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Prem	 2nd				Qualified for Champions League
2022/23	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Prem	 1st				Won CAF CL, Cup, Resigned at end of season
2023/24	 Tigres			Liga MX		 	 4th/1st			Won both Apertura and Clausura, qualifed for CL
2024/25	 Tigres			Liga Mx		    	 1st/1st			Won Apertura, Leagues Cup, CONCACAF CL
2025	 Suwon Samsung Bluewings K League 1		 2nd				Won KFA Cup
2026	 Suwon Samsung Bluewings K League 1		 1st				Won KFA Cup, AFC Champions League
2026/27	 Hamburg		1. Bundesliga	         17th				Joined February, Relegated, Resigned
2027/28	 Fenerbahce		Turkish Superleague	 1st				Won Turkish Cup, Europa Conference League
2028/29	 Hoffenheim		1. Bundesliga		 2nd				Won German Cup
2029/30	 Hoffenheim		1. Bundesliga	     	 1st				Won German Cup, Lost in CL final, resigned
2030/31	 Everton		Premier League		n/a				Left after 48 days
2030/31	 PSG			Ligue Un		1st				Won French Cup, lost in CL final, resigned
2031/32	 Boca Juniors		Liga Profesional	1st				- 
2032/33	Boca Juniors		Liga Profesional	1st				Won Cup, Copa Libertadores

International
Year	   	Team				Achievements
2023		Nigeria				Won AFCON, resigned after
2026		Iran				Appointed after World Cup
2027 		Iran				Lost in Asian Cup SF, resigned
2028/29		England				Won Nations League
2029/30		England				Won 2030 World Cup
2030/31		England				Won Nations League
2031/32		England				Won Euro 2032, resigned

Challenge Progress

Club
 7/10 top domestic leagues (Cape Town Spurs, South Africa, 22/23; Tigres, Mexico, 23/24; Suwon Samsung Bluewings, South Korea, 2026; Fenerbahce, Turkey, 2027/28; Hoffenheim, Germany, 2029/30; PSG, France, 2030/31; Boca Juniors, Argentina, 2031/32)
 7/10 domestic cups (Cape Town Spurs, South Africa, 22/23; Tigres, Mexico, 23/24; Suwon Samsung Bluewings, South Korea, 2025; Fenerbahce, Turkey, 2027/28; Hoffenheim, Germany, 2028/29; PSG, France, 2030/31; Boca Juniors, Argentina, 2032/33)
 4/5 club continental championships (Cape Town Spurs, Africa, 22/23; Tigres, North America, 24/25; Suwon Samsung Bluewings, Asia, 2026; Boca Juniors, South America, 2032/33)

International
 2/5 continental tournaments (Nigeria, Africa, 2023; England, Europe, 2032)
 1/1 world tournaments (England, 2030)

Crest.png.98b40366597c8077c202881a43f39c41.png

Columbia: 2084 Copa America

I spoke in the aftermath of our World Cup exploits about wanting to return to club management whilst preparing to take Columbia into the Copa America. I did briefly make a wave in club football taking over Colo-Colo in Chile. My entire tenure lasted just 42 days as I realised with the club side of this challenge complete I had no interest in continuing within it. I did pick up a Chilean Super Cup whilst there, but quickly handed in my resignation to focus on my role with Columbia.

The next year or so following the World Cup saw us play a number of friendly matches and the first few of our qualifiers for the next World Cup. We avoided defeat for ten matches after our World Cup campaign, drawing a couple but looking generally impressive. This was all the more pleasing in that we tried out a large number of new players and handed out a fair few debuts. We lost to Brazil 1-3 in a World Cup Qualifier but sit comfortably in 2nd spot with those our only dropped points so far.

We headed for the Copa America in good spirits and excited of what was to come. Our squad was generally as expected although we did include a couple of uncapped players. The draw wasn’t kind to us though and we were handed a very tough group. Peru and Ecuador looked simple enough but we were handed Brazil, Uruguay and Mexico as well. Frustratingly we were kept apart from Paraguay, USA and Venezuela. This meant our conquerors from four years ago Argentina were handed a very friendly looking group.

571425384_GroupStage.png.64a451ce8050fc611fbe5d4dc1fca81d.png

We began the tournament brilliantly, racing into a 3-0 first half lead against a tricky side in Peru. They put together a mini fight back in the second half and in the 82nd minute pulled the game back to 3-2. Thankfully we cling on though to grab the victory. Next up was a couple of really frustrating matches. Firstly we lost a tight and even affair 0-1 to Brazil before we dominated Uruguay but ended up with just a goalless draw. We recovered well to smash Ecuador 4-0 though, with it booking our place in the Quarter Finals. A scrappy 0-1 defeat to Mexico on the final match day saw us finish in 3rd place, drawing USA in our Quarter Final.

Knockouts.png.26aa7955de0f3cc4fc9e25bdb9fe9041.png

Shockingly our run would end in the very first knockout game though. We dominated the game against USA but found ourselves desperately chasing a goal having conceded early on. We equalised midway through the second half but then simply could not find a second. The game would go to penalties and we would lose out despite failing to score just one.

Unsurprisingly our shock exit would be my last match in charge of Colombia as I was sacked in the aftermath of the tournament. In truth I had already decided to leave after this tournament anyways, although being sacked never fails to hurt. I find myself still chasing those two major tournaments though and will continue to do just that. I immediately applied for both the Brazil and Argentina jobs but was rejected. Somewhat surprisingly in my eyes. I have a couple more applications in with European nations but so far several months has passed and I haven’t been responded to. The positions are still open though, so for now it’s very much a waiting game.

2048/49	-
2049/50	-
2056/57 -
2070/71	-
2078/79	-
2081/82	-
2082/83	Colo-Colo		Chilean Premier		n/a		Chilean Super Cup Winners
2083/84	-

Year		Nation			Honours
2046-2048	Columbia
2048-2049	Nigeria
2054-2055	South Korea
2057-2060	Brazil
2075-2084	Columbia	

Season 2022/23 Review - Cape Town United

Competitions - We began this very busy year with the Super 8 Cup. It was not for long though as we lost in the opening round. We lost to the same opposition in the KO Cup after getting through one round. In the league we were not really the same team and if I am honest I think part of that was down to my restring the best players for the Champions League and the Cup as it became clear we were not going to win it. One team absolutely ran away with it. In the FA Cup we stood a much better chance, we got past two teams from the league below. This put us into the 1/4 finals and a huge win over the league leaders was excellent. In the semi finals we beat the team who came up with us a couple of years ago. We then beat Orlando Pirates in the final to record a trophy. The Champions League was the most fun this year, we smashed a team from the Mauritias over two legs. We then beat a Congolese team to go into the Group Stage. We had a tough group which was not helped by only getting four points against a poor team from Gabon. We beat Zamalek at home before loosing away. The two wins over Setif were key to us going into the next round. A solid pair of 1-0 wins home and away from a team against Angola saw us into the semi finals. A home win over Casablanca 3-0 and a 1-0 loss away from home saw us into the final. In the final we faced Tunis and smashed them 2-0 to record a win. 

Finances - looking miles more healthy now with some good prize money coming into the club. 

Transfers - a few players of much better quality came into the club. A couple of loanees from last year joined on permanent deals after impressing me whilst here last year. Overall I am more than pleased with the business we did. 

Stars of the Season

Morne Nel - A very good midfield player who created a lot of chances for us. 

Spheseile Maduna - The more defensive midfielder who acted as a bit of a screen player, an excellent player 

Keegan Ritchie - Played both at left back and left wing and was excellent in either spot, a player I enjoyed using a lot this year

Club Overview

2022/23	  Cape Town United      	Premier League     	6th     	  FA Cup, CL Winners

image.png.dcaecb9ce0b6617b48b3cb844e5779b5.png

Uzbekistan 

Asian CupThe main thing here was the Asian Cup although we did draw against Lebanon in a poor performance. In the Asian Cup we lost to Iraq in a game we should have won really. We then drew our next two games. We should have won both games ideally but somehow it was just enough for us to get through, I have done though so I was pleased. We faced a tough Australian team and somehow managed to win. We did hold on a little bit towards the end but a win is a win. We then faced China in the 1/4 final and I thought we should have won really but we lost 3-2 after extra tie but it was close. Annoyingly Saudi Arabia went to win it as both Japan and South Korea went out early on. 

International Overview

Season		Nation		Notes
2021		Uzebekistan	Won 1 Friendly
2022/23		Uzbekistan	Asian Cup 1/4 Final

Challenge Progress

0/10 top domestic – 
1/10 top domestic cups – (South African FA Cup,Cape Town United 2023)
1/5 club continental – (African Champions League,Cape Town United 2023)

0/1 world tournaments

Edited by ashton321

Henan Season 2025 Review - Chinese Premier League

Transfers -  most of our big deal were done at the end of last season but we did get the right back I spent 6 months chasing on summer deadline day.

Squadstill too many foreigners but with 3 out of contract this summer that will change that, have managed to really lower the age of the squad by targeting Chinese players and we now have 8 players in the national squad all of whom are 23 or under

League - finished 2nd last year and we needed to be better, but it was an odd season in that we won less, got less points and lost less than last season but managed to win the league, very strange, we had a spell over the June/July period where we only won 2 in 8 but the other 6 were all draws, we were playing teams off the park but couldn't finish our dinner. Was very annoying but then we clicked again after the summer and were fine for rest of season. Games we lost came as we rotated due to busy periods but on our day no one could really touch us this year as won the league for the first time in the clubs history

FA Cupwon this last year and a rotated side lost at the first hurdle this year

Champions Leaguethe big one, no Chinese side had even made the final in this save so it was a big ask. Group stage was a breeze as we won every game, knockouts were a little tough as we lost to Sydney away but turned it around, in the semis Jeonbuk was a real battle, we were 2-0 up away from home before a 88th minute goal gave them a chance, 2nd leg were had a lot of tired legs as we battled for the league as well but looked to have done enough till we got a red card in the 85th minute, they scored on 88 mins and I tried to shut up shop but they almost won it with a couple of chances right at the death. We held on though. The final was more comfortable as we beat the winners of the previous 2 season 1-0 in both legs to become winners for the first time

Super Cupwon this on pens after nearly throwing it away

Key Players

Leo Greiml - shocked he's still here as we spent the summer months fight European clubs off but he's class
Thiago Almada - way too good for this level
Ollie Watkins - our big signing this season as I wanted a reliable scorer, scored 26 all in, top scorer in both league and champions league despite going on a 12 game drought over the summer months (which might explain our poor run of form over that period as well)

Career Overview

2024	    Henan		Premiership		2nd 		Won the FA Cup
2025	    Henan		Premiership		1st 		Won Champions League
Year		Nation			Honours

Challenge Progress

2/10 top domestic – South Africa (SuperSport United 2022), China (Henan 2025)
2/10 top domestic cups – South Africa (SuperSport United 2023), China (Henan 2024)
2/5 club continental – Africa (SuperSport United 2023), Asia (Henan 2025)

0/1 world tournaments

What's Next? 

Time to move on again really, couple interesting looking jobs in the America's with Newells being relegated in Argentina and America being 12th in Mexico so have applied for both of those 

image.png.31ed03466c9bf0dbbb65633100c61e6d.png
Season 2023-27 Review - Australia

I decided to take a bit of a break from the club scene to focus on some International management. I resigned from Cape Town as I did not think we had it in us to challenge for a title as our squad was too small and a few boys were leaving. In hindsight this was an error. I also resigned from the Uzbek job after the Asian Cup of Nations. The first job that came up was Australia and I was off to the land down under. 

The first task was to qualify for the World Cup which we did with ease only loosing out to the South Koreans, but this was enough to see us into the World Cup. In the World Cup we would face Belgium and Jamaica. We faced the Jamaicans first and we lost out in what was easily our worst performance under my tenure. A credible draw followed but it was not enough and we were out of a job. I fully expected to be sacked but to my amazement I was kept on. 

ZKsMsNM.png?1

Next up was the Asian Cup of Nations, I knew that no matter what this would be my last tournament with the Ozzies as I did not have it in me to stay for another bash at the Asian Cup (if needed) and we were nowhere near good enough to challenge for the World Cup. We lost our opening game against Qatar in another poor performance.  Good wins followed over Vietnam and UAE to see us into the next round. We got a very tough draw against Japan, but once again we fought hard and got the result to see us into the 1/4 finals. Once again it was South Korea who caused my issues as we went out in very close circumstances. 

ZKsMsNM.png?1

To no ones amazement I was sacked and I was out of a job

pfG0eVS.png?1

Club Overview

2022/23	  Cape Town United      	Premier League     	6th     	  FA Cup, CL Winners

International Overview

Season		Nation		Notes
2021		Uzebekistan	Won 1 Friendly
2022/23		Uzbekistan	Asian Cup 1/4 Final
2023-27     	Australia  	Asian Cup 1/4 Final

Challenge Progress

0/10 top domestic – 
1/10 top domestic cups – (South African FA Cup,Cape Town United 2023)
1/5 club continental – (African Champions League,Cape Town United 2023)

0/1 world tournaments

yDNLBSe.png

Argentina at the 2034 World Cup

Squad

The qualifying stage went relative easily, 'we' had four losses but three of those were before I took over, and 1 loss to Brazil away. We found the net very comfortably, with a goald difference of +43, even better than Brazils +32. That meant that we only had to fear the really big nations and even then the squad should be more adapted to the new tactic, I think we can measure ourselves with the best.

M1mgWk3.png

With the draw coming up I was eyeing a few nations to go up against, but knowing we would get some lesser teams in the group stage and we should qualify easy. And yeah we drew Angola & Ireland, easy peasy right? The friendlies leading up to the World cup went amazing, with Holland in March (1-4) and Peru (2-0), Chile (5-1), and Honduras (7-0) in June.

Dswfh6d.png

World Cup Group Stage

We began our tournament with Angola, great, time to open up with a monster win?

mrBhj1p.png

Hell yeah that's what I'm talking about, flawless match, things are looking good for us, I know it's Angola but I have a feeling we can go on to win the whole thing if we can keep this up.. On to Ireland!

9YBsVcs.png

F*CK! What the hell happened here?! Jay Thomson was a beast for them and I could not get him contained, luckily our scoring was good enough to steal a draw here. I'm way less optimistic now, what if a player from a bigger country gets his scoring boots on against us, or even two of them at the same time?! We did finish first in the group though because of the prior 9-0 and had a chance to draw a lesser team than Ireland would. We drew Croatia while Ireland drew the USA, I wouldn't really call Croatia the lesser team here...

World Cup Knockout Stage

Second Round:

Spoiler

CLEnrqL.png

In the end a comfortable win against the Croatians who never really managed to anything really, but we were really late with hitting the net, so it left me a little worried. Ireland on the other hand got eliminated by the USA. In the next round waits Denmark.

Third Round:

Spoiler

y1UNzZT.png

Another day another win, we play like a favourite with scoring a lot, conceding almost nothing (damn you Ireland Jay Thomson), but to be honest we didn't get a huge team yet... Oh crap jinxed it we get Italy now..

Quarter Finals:

Spoiler

Much743.png

Oh.. that wasn't so bad. We netted two goals early and could lean back a little, like we should because a World Cup is exhausing to the players and probably need to rotate the next match against Portugal, I'm okay with that. 

Semi Finals:

Spoiler

Kxey7Mm.png

Good victory, first goal conceded after the group stage however, but we still managed to score 3, so at least we are consistent there.

The other Semi Final saw two of the greatest European nations colliding, Germany vs England, with Germany winning 2-1, looks like we have a mountain to climb.

Final:

Spoiler

iqtCK7M.png

We scored before the half hour mark and i figured we would score probably 2 more. Akono equalized for the Germans and other than a bunch of yellows and the injury of De Faveri, one of my favourite talents at Veléz and Boca Juniors, we headed to penalties..

lwTi50n.png

2AH1nVg.png

WE WON! Another Nations Trophy down! And I'm contemplating staying with Argentina because we have a good shot at the Copa America too I think..

IkyzjS4.png

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division			Position		Notes						
2020/21  Cape Town Spurs	South African Championship	1st  			Champions, Promoted
2021/22	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	7th			Won Nedbank Cup, Qualified for CAF Confederations Cup
2022/23	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	5th			Won Telkom Knockout & Nedbank Cup
2023/24	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	1st			Champions, won CAF Confederations Cup
2024/25  Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	2nd			Won CAF Champions League, CAF Super League, MTN8
2026	 -			-				-			Unemployed, being picky about choosing a club
2027	 FC Seoul		K-League Classic		1st			Champions			
2028	 FC Seoul		K-League Classic		1st			Champions, knocked out in semi's CL
2029	 FC Seoul		K-League Classic		1st			Champions, won Champions League & Cup
2030/31	 Vélez Sarsfield	Liga Profesional de Fútbol	2nd			-
2031/32	 Boca Juniors		Liga Profesional de Fútbol	1st			Champions
2032/33	 Boca Juniors		Liga Profesional de Fútbol	1st			Champions, won Copa Libertadores, Argentinian & South American Super Cups
2033/34	 Boca Juniors		Liga Profesional de Fútbol	N/a			Won Copa Argentina
2033/34  AS Monaco		Ligue 1				4th			

International
Year	Team			Achievements
2023	Ivory Coast		Won Africa Cup of Nations, Resigned after
2024	USA			Reached 3rd round of the World Cup
2025	USA			Won the Gold Cup
2031	Japan			Knocked out in the semis of the Asian Cup	
2032	Argentina	
2033	Argentina		Qualified for the World Cup
2034	Argentina		Won the World Cup

Challenge Progress

Club
 3/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, South Korea, Argentina)
 3/10 domestic cups (Cape Town Spurs, Nedbank Cup, South Africa, Hana Bank FA Cup, FC Seoul, Copa Argentina, Boca)
 3/5 club continental Championships (CAF Champions League, Cape Town Spurs, Asian Champions League, FC Seoul, Copa Libertadores, Boca Juniors)

International
 2/5 continental tournaments (Ivory Coast, Africa, 2023, USA, Gold Cup, 2025)
 1/1 world tournaments (Argentina, World Cup 2034)

Edited by Fizzle

image.png.cc2c32c171da9d71895473f8af4ea7d9.png
Season 2020/21 Review - Racing Santander

So I messed my first attempt up by not selecting the ability to change leagues on the set up page so had to restart 

Competitions - I took the team over in the December with the club in 4th in the first stage. We are easily one of the better teams this year in the league so with a few little tactical changes we managed to string together some results and manage to get enough to get into the playoff round. In the playoff round we were again pretty good, not good enough to catch the teams above us but good enough. We managed to secure promotion to the Segunda, I am not sure if this is correct but we will see how it goes. I will definitely be in a different league next year as this level of Spain goes through a bit of a reshuffle. 

Finances - awful

Transfers - no players left the club under my watch and just the one joined. I felt we needed a little more in the middle so we managed to get a lad in from Real Madrid on loan

Stars of the Season

Riki - one of our loanees, in from Oveido and very rarely seemed to put a foot wrong in the game

Bernado Matic - a very solid centre half who has done wonders for me in the team. He wont sign a new deal so this maybe a one off for me

Isma Lopez - a decent left back, in the system I play the wing backs get a lot of the ball and he did very well with it

Club Overview

2020/21      Racing Santander		Segunda B		3rd		Promotion

International Overview

Season		Nation		Notes

Challenge Progress

0/10 top domestic – 
0/10 top domestic cups – 
0/5 club continental – 

0/1 world tournaments

5 hours ago, goonergez said:

@Fizzle some great work there mate! Argentina is the nation I am targeting for the Copa America now, even if I’m 50+ years past you 😂😂😂

Yeah man Argentina is awesome, I was lucky because I didn't expect a force like Argentina at all yet, but Solari, the active manager, took a job I was gunning for which I did not get because of him, So I took over his post at Argentina in return :lol:

And don't worry man, that's some dedication :applause:

Edited by Fizzle

image.png.cc2c32c171da9d71895473f8af4ea7d9.png
Season 2021/22 Review - Racing Santander

Competitions - we had a very good run in the cup. We beat both Alaves and Granada in what I would say are fairly decent scalps. We soon went out to one of the biggest teams in Spain though. As I thought the league system went all out sync this year as we found ourselves in the new REFF Pro A. We found ourselves as the second favourites in this league, which was a surprise but once I started playing games I soon found out why. To be fair Barcelona B ran away with it a little bit but we were on their heels most of the year and secured our second promotion sort of in 2 years. 

Finances - awful hut getting a little better

Transfers - we already have a very good squad so just the few additions. Some youngsters went out from our very good previous intake

Stars of the Season

Luan Cappani - one of our loanees, who was here last year from Milan. We took him again and he was excellent, even better than last year. 

Isma Lopez - another solid season from the first choice left back. I am not sure if he will be able to do it next year though

Victor Chust - found himself as first choice centre back this year and was solid all year round

Club Overview

2021/22	     Racing Santander           REFF Pro A	  	2nd             Promotion

International Overview

Season		Nation		Notes

Challenge Progress

0/10 top domestic – 
0/10 top domestic cups – 
0/5 club continental – 

0/1 world tournaments

image.png.8434be1e619e3d633b930cb8e8dce2b2.png
Season 2022/23 Review - Elche

Competitions - I decided to resign from the job in Santander after the season finished. We did not have the money nor the squad to battle in the Segunda. I was hoping a job in Segunda would come up that I could take to try and improve my reputation. It did not happed, instead I got a La Liga job in January. We took over with the team in 17th, my job was to keep them up. We then went on a run of not winning in 8 games. This was changed with a stupid 4-1 at home to Real Madrid. We then hit decent form and in the end had just enough to stay up at the end of the season, just. 

Finances - pretty good the wage budget needs some work but we have some decent cash

Transfers - these were not mine

Stars of the Season

Raul Guti - very good player who I used in the centre of a middle three, did enough for us and was the most consistent. 

Ivan Marcone - plays infront of the defence and does us a good job, he is getting on a bit so maybe a player to replace

Gael Kakuta - bit of a blast from the past, I utilised him down the left wing and was maybe the brightest star in the team since I have joined. 

Club Overview

2021/22	     Racing Santander           REFF Pro A	  	2nd             Promotion
2022/23      Elche                      La Liga                 16th

International Overview

Season		Nation		Notes

Challenge Progress

0/10 top domestic – 
0/10 top domestic cups – 
0/5 club continental –