The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, goonergez said:

Makes me feel even worse about my near 50 year run for just over half way 😂😂😂

Normandy Wept and I took ages to complete.

I took ages twice. I suppose I've fittingly tallied more Ultimate Challenge seasons than anyone else.

Steenberg_United_F.C._logo.png.e6bfac55a304d76a77c589859a1cc4dc.png

Season 1 2020/21

After much touting myself around during 5 months of unemployment, we finally got our first break in football management. 

1600622059_SteenbergUnited_.thumb.png.d754da7c40e3ec6ec172240d24559a0a.png

Steenberg Utd of the South African 1st division took the risk of employing a 20 year old kid with no experience to keep them up.

263722229_SouthAfricanNationalFirstDivision_Profile.thumb.png.51fb3dd65da7995add623f81d40e5975.png

We took over after 12 games with Steenberg 2nd bottom with only 2 wins. Our only remit was to avoid relegation, which we comfortably achieved.

6 players were brought in and they proved decisive in our very respectable 10th place finish.

1903742376_BrentMeister_EndofSeasonReview.thumb.png.eb45c7cf0219b4de05ba2c31b900b0a8.png

It seems that you can only offer players and staff a 1 year contract which makes this particular job very interesting. I'm going to try and build a completely new club in the off-season and aim for promotion and/or a new job.

Our best player by far was young CB Bull who was named as club player and young player of the year. Unfortunately he doesn't want to renew with us.

Setup and manager attributes

784465147_FootballManager2021_ChooseNations.thumb.png.c649d24db8d774046f8a2e6010e85910.png

529299548_Game__UntitledGame__AddNewManager.thumb.png.e89d79749a1d7a07f406fab7b0d45da8.png

Edited by Brentmeister

24.png.5682128bb71b7c2f0ffef366d46a0e44.24.png.5682128bb71b7c2f0ffef366d46a0e44.

Cape Town Spurs | Ivory Coast

There was a little progress this season, finishing 5th this season, making small steps towards the top, we also retained the Nedbank Cup and won the Telkom Knockout for the first time. I've got a job offer after the season was done from Mamelodi Sundowns, I've went back and forth on this but decided against it and staying loyal to the Spurs, eventhough their tranfer budget was 7 million against our meager 200k. At the moment I am regretting my decision, but I'm also eyeing and/or hoping to get the Orlando Pirates' job should it open up.

In the beginning of the season the post at Ivory Coast opened up and I've applied, not hearing anything of it for the longest time, and also nog being able to apply for the job again. Turns out they were waiting for me to get my Continental C license as after I got that I was offered the job. With very little time to prepare, 3 friendlies, we were off to the Africa Cup of Nation, and absolutely smashing it clinching the title. In reality we played very drab, losing to Cameroon in the group stage, only to face them again in the finals. We just had the luck every other team was worse than us.

cP5j0DF.png

ndMKTor.png

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division			Position		Notes						
2020/21  Cape Town Spurs	South African Championship	1st  			Champions, Promoted
2021/22	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	7th			Won Nedbank Cup, Qualified for CAF Confederations Cup
2022/23	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	5th			Won Telkom Knockout & Nedbank Cup

International
Year	Team			Achievements
2023	Ivory Coast		Won Africa Cup of Nations, Resigned after

Challenge Progress

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues
 2/10 domestic cups (Cape Town Spurs, Nedbank Cup, Telkom Knockout, South Africa)
 0/5 club continental championships
 0/1 club world championship

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Ivory Coast, Africa, 2023)
 0/1 world tournaments 

Just now, vikeologist said:

@FizzleThat might be the quickest ACON win ever. 

Jealous. I must have a lower than 10% success rate in the ACON.

It wasn't a very good showing either, only two good matches, against Tanzania (5-0) and South Africa (3-1), the rest were all either 1-0 wins or one time a 2-1 win in extra time.

Kouamé was joint top scorer with 4 goals, sharing the placing with 6 others, we were solid defensively and others just weren't as much.

The biggest problem Ivory Coast faced was that they just didnt have a good goalie before, but I noticed a 17 year old Akassou from Napoli in my -19 team which was my saving grace.

116.png.3094445dd812b25bee56b16dd803360e.png

JAPAN AT THE AFC ASIAN CUP 2031 IN JAPAN

Squad | 2030 Fixtures | 

After leaving Brazil we had a host of international teams to choose from, from the elite European sides to some of the dark horses of Europe. However the job that really stood out to us was the Japanese international job which was available after a pretty poor World Cup campaign. We applied and got the job. In 2030 we only had friendlies to play in preparation for a home Asian Cup that was next year at home. To be honest those games did not go well in general showing the general gap between us and decent international sides out there.

b17f6c275010f87ba394d62d21df97f2.png

We opened our campaign against India and we got the win in a pretty easy game for us as we ran out 3-1 winners to open the account with a winning start.

bca6150ddf8ba07e9fc4e89a08a1444d.png

Next up was Iraq and they did not present any more of a challenge as we beat them handsomely 3-0 to book our place in the next round.

c6e6553922f555d933969a582d3e5a84.png

Bahrain was next, in the final group game and again we did not find any problems here as we dispatched them 2-0, to win the group

20461a296874dba7f7f6a5027bac3182.png

The final group looked like this. Everyone but India qualified from the group, with us a group winners, Bahrain finishing in 2nd place on goal difference, and Iraq very lucky to get through on head to head results.

36be8ba7b2813a3532a3368830679aa7.png

The second round gave us Jordan and we were really starting to build up steam as we made it third successive clean sheet in a row and 5 goals to boot. A very easy win for us against the Middle Eastern opposition.

9c182329ebd2a3277696a0d419f9c9ad.png

Iraq were back for the semi final and the result was even slightly more emphatic as we made it a 4-0 win this time around, and again it was a fourth clean sheet in a row, to sail into semi finals.

1ea37d785f1150dd5ff7e3f163b9703f.png

Things would go up a level as a played Iran in the semi finals, and our clean sheet run went out of the window this game, fortunately it did not matter for much as when they scored we were already 3-0 up and we ended up running out 3-1 winners to book our final place.

3214e6326ba8e8f11e29c2e301fb4530.png

In a very tight final against arguably the best side in Asia in Australia we managed to come through the tie by the narrowest of margins with a 1-0 win curtesy of a penalty from Abe on the hour mark that gave us the Asian crown.

a29d334f8bbfec0c9faaec3be3cc73bf.png

The final split looked like this. Australia looked formidable coming into the tournament and we definately became formidable in the tournament and with the advantage of home, we managed to just pip them in the final to win it all. With that won, it is time to leave Japan, as there is nothing left to win, especially with the World Cup already run. Even if we had not won the World Cup, this team is arguably the worst international side we have managed. I am just glad we got it done at the first time of asking. The friendlies really made me think we were not going to perform well, but the home advantage and a sudden steeliness, as well as the lower standard of opposition in the tournament meant we were going to be there or there abouts. We will be looking for a job either in North America or Europe as that is all we have left to win international football.

Summary

9a17f2f5c7f1cb7ff3f3b21c13a97f93.png

Career Summary

ce8ef91de06b7f00b4191b5d0119f636.png

679.png.50ed86ba286a60a5869cf4bca3179d4e.png

MANCHESTER CITY (ENGLAND)

SEASON 2030/31

First Half of Fixtures | Second Half of Fixtures | League Table | Champions League Group | Early Transfers | Later Transfers | Squad |

Best Players | Mohamed Mohamed | Ruben Neves | Pedro Lopes | Lautaro Martinez | Brian Oddei

We continued to make moves in the transfer window as we sold off the remaining players that I had earmarked as past their best and those who were not going to contribute much and we brought in a few players that I felt could add some youth and vigour to the team. We started the season off pretty well, only losing to Tottenham in the league well in October for our first loss of the season. But we did start having a pretty bad run in December, that bled into the start of January that knocked us back a bit. By this point, Manchester United had pushed to the top of the league and they had a 4 to 5 point gap to us and Tottenham who were also in amongst it. In March, we were pretty good, but Manchester United started to drop points here and there and we finally reached the top of the table, but April would see us lose ground as we lost to Villa at home and Leeds United away to again drop behind in the race. Man Utd were patchy as well as we hit May, they were definitely the favourites for the league but they were not in the best of form. The issue we had was that our run in was unenviable, having to travel to both Chelsea and Man Utd themselves, as well as resurgent West Ham for the final game of the season. The gap was just two points going into this but a slip up would cost us. We faced off against Chelsea away and United faced off against Wolves away. To be honest we were great for the majority of the match, we took an early lead, and then with 10 minutes to go we looked like we had completed a professional job at Chelsea, as we went 2-0 up. However football matches are 90 minutes long and in those 10 minutes plus a very long injury time, they managed to get 3 goals including two in injury time, which was a bitter pill to swallow. The pill was only made better by the fact that Wolves had upset Man Utd and won 2-1 themselves, to keep everything equal going in. Spurs now had a very outside chance at the title, but they required a virtual miracle of results to go their way in the remaining two fixtures.

So we came to the big one, Man Utd vs Man City, penultimate game of the season, the title more or less on the line. If Man Utd won they would be champions there and then, a draw took things to the final day but with Man Utd in the driving seat, only a win for us would put us in the driving seat, and put us one point ahead of Man Utd going into the final game of the season. I was not confident, we had barely ever got anything at Old Trafford and certainly I was expecting that United would show up for this one. The match however turned completely very early on into the game, when United had a player sent off for two yellow cards on 13 minutes. Suddenly we had 90 minutes to get the job done and by half time we found ourselves 2-0 up and seemingly cruising. A third after half time made the points safe although United pulled one back, the 3-1 scoreline put us in the driving seat for the final day.

We were at home to West Ham and United were away to Southampton. The long and the short of it, was that it was a nervy affair but we controlled the match and got ahead early on, and kept the lead as we controlled the game until the final whistle. United beat Southampton 2-1 on the final day but it did not matter. We had won the league by just the solitary point. So many times in the season it just looked like we were heading for another decent campaign of qualifying for the Champions League, but United played into our hands with their indifferent form and we took advantage of it.

In the FA Cup, we were very poor, and Wolves put pay to our chances in the 3rd Round with a 1-0 win at our ground. A very disappointing display. However in the League Cup, we got things together and managed to get past the likes of Leeds United on penalties before we reached the semi final stage. Again Wolves were the opponents, and they have proven to be virtual kryptonite to us on a semi regular basis when we have played. The away leg went poorly but we managed to get 2 goals, and managed to restrict them to 2 goals to keep things even going into the home tie. The home tie was very different as we overpowered Wolves early on and ran out 4-0 winners. In the final we faced arch nemesis Man Utd, and I was again not confident as they often have the upper hand over us, but this time around we were majestic and in particular Pedro Lopes, signed from Sporting for a whole heap of cash, that got himself 4 goals on the day and gave us a 4-0 win for the League Cup.

The Champions League group went well as we topped it, following a good campaign against Bilbao, Leverkusen and Club Brugge, and I felt a bit aggrieved when we drew Real Madrid in the next round, and that is where the journey ended as we played poorly at the Bernabeu losing 2-0 and then we had a terrible first 15 minutes at home going 2-0 down before we responded to finish the home leg 3-3, for a 5-3 loss on aggregate.

This has been a good season. I thought we were still quite far away from the title but we sustained decent form most of the season and we just needed United to have a wobble which we did and it came down to a crunch game. We managed big wins this season like winning at Anfield and the Emirates early in the season and that was ultimately the key. The league cup win was very welcome, we did great in the final and I am very happy to add that that trophy to the cabinet.

Summary

8fa350b0cee3c7a3c9cead685bcb94f3.png

Career Summary

ef77cfb1b552f431858fa77b905e6e73.png

679.png.50ed86ba286a60a5869cf4bca3179d4e.png

MANCHESTER CITY (ENGLAND)

SEASON 2031/32

First Fixtures | Middle Fixtures | Last Fixtures | League Table | Champions League Group | Transfers 1 | Transfers 2 | Squad

Best Players | Pedro Lopes | Mohamed Mohamed | Brian Oddei | Alix Humphreys | Jocemar

We entered this season as champions and again we did plenty in the transfer window as we brought in reinforcement and let others go. Web started the season very well, as we took the leadership of the league together with Chelsea who had an even better start, but we suffered in November, as we dropped quite a few points, but we had  a glorious December, where we did not just beat sides but there were battering's handed out all over the place, and January was also good apart from a loss to Norwich away which was disappointing. February again saw us drop points, and again in March we would lose to Everton. Despite the fact that we were so good, Arsenal and Chelsea were so consistent, and we struggling to hold on to a small points gap. A big loss to Chelsea essentially killed off our league campaign unless Arsenal started to drop points, and they didn't, they won the league with games still to play despite the fact that we were perfect in the league after the Chelsea loss. Chelsea also dropped points so we managed to pick up 2nd place, behind a rampant Arsenal side who deserved the title this season.

In the EFL Cup we managed to make it the semi final and we seemed to have one foot in the final after a 6-2 win at home to Manchester United, but it all went very wrong at Old Trafford as the game finished 5-1 forcing penalties and they managed to get the better of us on the penalties. In the FA Cup, which so far has been a disaster for us in charge of City, we actually went all the way this year. We did not really have any major matches until the semi final where we beat Man Utd 3-2 and then we squeaked by Chelsea in the final 2-1 to pick up the FA Cup. It counts for nothing to us, due to the League Cup win last year, but still nice to pick it up.

In the Champions League, our group of AS Monaco, Galatasaray and Real Sociedad, seemed very manageable but we were not that great losing away to Sociedad and drawing against Monaco but we did manage to win the group by a smidge from Real Sociedad. Again I was very disappointed with the draw as we got Atletico Madrid, and again the away leg went wrong for us as we lost 2-0, and I was pretty sure again we would fall at the Second Round stage, but credit to us, we came roaring back with a fantastic 3-0, albeit, we scored two very late goals to get us through, so perhaps a bit of luck was thrown in too, but we were the better side and I felt we deserved it.

In the next round it was Juventus and again deja vu as in Italy we were woeful, losing 4-1 and again I thought it was curtains for us again, but somehow we did again. We managed to win 3-0, again late goals crucial to the win as we went through on away goals. In the semi final we would face Barcelona, never an easy opponent, and this time we played at home first and it suited us much better as we won out 3-0, and then were able to pick Barcelona off at the Nou Camp, winning there 3-1 to win 6-1 on aggregate and booking our place in the final.

The final was in Berlin against a storied opponent in AC Milan, and I was expecting it to be tight, but it was anything but as we were by far the better side and took them apart winning 5-0 and capturing the European crown, and also qualification to the FIFA World Club Cup, which has changed my plans for the future. Where originally I was likely to leave City, whether we won the Champions League or not, now I think we will stay another season to participate in the Club World Cup and see if we can notch that one off. It has dawned on me that it is a difficult competition to qualify for and since it is only played every four years now, quite difficult to win. I have yet to participate in one despite three Champions Leagues accumulated so far.

It is also worth mentioned that at the start of the season we did win the Community Shield but again it counts for nothing and is little more than a morale boost.

With this season complete we will be back for another season with Man City, with nothing really to play for in the regular season apart from trying to keep our job long enough to have a go at the FIFA World Club Cup. We have not got any jobs on the international front, there have been barely any available and none that I would want beyond that. I believe the only two available since we left Japan has been Peru, which would be useless to us and Russia, which does not provide many prospects of a Euros win. The Euros are next year and we will likely be sitting this one out, and be targeting 2036.

Summary

2ce0b06bd5e669f154e700a5c7a634b9.png

Career Summary

483f3cc5e71a0a6d894884368d885d57.png

24.png.5682128bb71b7c2f0ffef366d46a0e44.

Cape Town Spurs

Amazing Season, we won the South African Premier Division for the first time ever and we won the CAF Confederations Cup to boot! Hopefully next season we can mae a run for the African Champions League and be done with the continent, but I must not get ahead of myself. Got our weak points from last season covered with a few young regens I spotted while manager of Ivory Coast and a few others when I got a chance to loan a Danish lad from København, our affiliate club, why some Danish guy would want to go to South Africa of all places to develop I have no idea but I'm not complaining.

RP0uPQH.png

NsUK3N4.png

I7amPyi.png

Some of the lads:

Spoiler

fLCsEbp.pngr6RMnTZ.pngFJHwW6w.pngCe7Cysy.png9ejbng0.png

Domestic
2021/22	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	7th			Won Nedbank Cup, Qualified for CAF Confederations Cup
2022/23	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	5th			Won Telkom Knockout & Nedbank Cup
2023/24	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	1st			Champions, won CAF Confederations Cup

International
Year	Team			Achievements

Challenge Progress

Club
 1/10 top domestic leagues
 2/10 domestic cups (Cape Town Spurs, Nedbank Cup, Telkom Knockout, South Africa)

International
 0/1 world tournaments 

Edited by Fizzle

1 hour ago, Fizzle said:

Cape Town Spurs

Amazing Season, we won the South African Premier Division for the first time ever and we won the CAF Confederations Cup to boot! Hopefully next season we can mae a run for the African Champions League and be done with the continent, but I must not get ahead of myself. Got our weak points from last season covered with a few young regens I spotted while manager of Ivory Coast and a few others when I got a chance to loan a Danish lad from København, our affiliate club, why some Danish guy would want to go to South Africa of all places to develop I have no idea but I'm not complaining.

RP0uPQH.png

NsUK3N4.png

I7amPyi.png

Some of the lads:

Reveal hidden contents

fLCsEbp.pngr6RMnTZ.pngFJHwW6w.pngCe7Cysy.png9ejbng0.png

Domestic
2023/24	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	1st			Champions, won CAF Confederations Cup

International
Year	Team			Achievements

Challenge Progress

Club

International
 0/1 world tournaments 

Nice progress! The author of the challenge will have to invigilate but I think you have to win 10 domestic cups from 10 different countries for the challenge. Anyway keep it up!

45 minutes ago, TerminalPortugal said:

Nice progress! The author of the challenge will have to invigilate but I think you have to win 10 domestic cups from 10 different countries for the challenge. Anyway keep it up!

You're absolutely right, edited :)

679.png.50ed86ba286a60a5869cf4bca3179d4e.png765.png.c0fd3cdeb0e73b057e0eeb7286285276.png

MANCHESTER CITY (ENGLAND) & ENGLAND

SEASON 2032/33

Manchester City | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Fixtures 3 | League Table | Champions League Group | Club World Cup Group Fixtures | Club World Cup Group |Club World Cup Knockout Fixtures | Transfers | Squad |

Manchester City Best Players | Pedro Lopes | Gustavo Garcia | Brian Oddei | Mohamed Mohamed | Alix Humphreys

England | 2032 Fixtures | 2033 Fixtures | Nations League Group | World Cup Qualifying Group

Our last season at Manchester City whatever happened, and in the end we had to give credit to Arsenal when it came to the league as they were just more consistent than us. We did finish 2nd in the end, although the only team that could have caught them was Spurs. Thanks to Spurs beating Arsenal late in the season and us beating them at the Emirates, Spurs had an outside chance, but they dropped points and Arsenal claimed another title. We just were not clinical at times and we just don't know how to beat the likes of Norwich and Everton who seemingly always get one over us. In the FA Cup we got to the Quarter Finals before losing out to Liverpool and in the EFL Cup we won it again as we beat Bournemouth in the final. At the start of the season we won both the Community Shield and the UEFA Super Cup beating Arsenal and Bayern Munich respectively.

In the Champions League we got all the way to the final played in Cardiff, but lost out with the last kick of the game to Barcelona 2-1, fortunately we had claimed that crown the season before. Then came the tournament that I was still in Manchester for, the Club World Cup. The tournament would take place in Russia, and our group was pretty straightforward with River Plate and Chicago Fire and neither of them offered much of a problem. The Quarter Final against a good Spurs team offered far more issues but we squeaked by, and then we faced off against Brazilian outfit Flamengo and got a narrow win there to reach the final.

In the final we faced Bayern Munich, and again it came down to the finest of margins, but a late Brian Oddei goal saw over the line 2-1 and we had done we had won the Club World Cup to notch off another leg of this journey. With that, there is nothing left in England to win, and we will be resigning from the role, albeit we are already in July so it might not be easy to get a job due to when the Club World Cup now takes place.

We finally got an international job after the Euros finished, and England was the stand out side, although I completely forgot to look just after the tournament so that might explain why it was slim pickings. We were straight into the Nations League, in a group with Italy, Ireland and Sweden, and we performed very well topping the group and qualifying for the semi finals. The finals tournament was in Germany and we were drawn against a good Belgium side, but we managed to just have enough to see them off with a 78th minute equaliser and 92nd minute winner in Nurnberg. The final was against the hosts themselves who had seen off Croatia, and in one for the ages we managed to give the Germans a bloody nose in Munich winning 2-1 to win the Nations League. It means nothing for the challenge, but might buy me some time if the World Cup does not go to plan as we look to the next Euros. In World Cup Qualifying, the group looks very easy and we have started off with a demolition of Latvia away and routine win against the Romanians, to look pretty nailed on to be making the finals in Australia.

Summary

3e2db1a88bf5b0cad0688d917d84865c.png

8c5e3de1b4aef701b09213cfe98249cd.png

Career Summary

f37905341dc0fc43f76b1a9fd5fa801d.png

1478.png.22f1d1d3d6729df4a3a9ccd9643b6e62.png765.png.c0fd3cdeb0e73b057e0eeb7286285276.png

FC PORTO (PORTUGAL) & ENGLAND

FC Porto | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | League Table | Allianz Cup Group | Champions League Group | Transfers | Squad |

FC Porto Best Players | Nemanja Jagodic | Ianique Indjai | Marc Janssen | Humberto | Arthur Henrique

England | 2033 Fixtures | 2034 Fixtures | World Cup Qualifying Group

We left Manchester City, and there was not a lot of good jobs that I wanted to consider. The one thing we could do was wait, as Man City had to go and get a manager from somewhere and chances were they would get this person from some other top club elsewhere, and eventually that was exactly what happened. They opted for the Porto manager and took his spot at Porto. It was not ideal as we joined with the league season about to start. the Supertaca had already been won by the club so it was going to be baptism of fire, to get everyone acquainted with the way that I wanted to play football. The Porto job, really was only for one reason. The main goal was to win one of the domestic cups and add another notch on that board. The league would be a bonus but not a necessity as we expected still to have to go to North America and Asia, and likely in the process of winning a Champions League we would win the league there, but getting it done now would also not be a bad thing.

We started with a loss, but quickly improved in the league, and it was pretty clear early on that there were only ever going to be two potential winners of the league us or Benfica. We clearly were the more destructive team, able to smash sides off the park, but Benfica could just slowly amass win after win. We held the ascendency all season, and the home game against Benfica, would either provide Benfica a chance or kill the title off there and then. Well Benfica won the game, so our little waltz continued for the remainder of the season, until the equation started to resolve itself. We lay 3 points ahead, but due to Benfica having beat us both home and away despite, they would win the tiebreaker, despite our massive goal difference advantage. The problem for us on the horizon was that we still had to play Sporting away for the final game of the season and that is rarely an easy game. Benfica did not have to play Sporting and so there was a possibility that if Sporting could beat us on the final day, it would hand a chance to Benfica to win the league. That was assuming that they could keep winning and they drew one of the final games, giving us the chance to win the title against Nacional at home, but we then drew that, meaning that indeed it did end up going to the final game of the season. We just needed to win and Benfica needed to win and hope we lost, unfortunately for them we won our game against Sporting 4-1 and they drew with Maritimo to hand us the title.

In the cup competitions, we got the job done early on in the League Cup or Allianz Cup as it is called as we beat Benfica in the final 3-1, and we also captured the Taca de Portugal against Vitoria de Guimaraes 6-1 in the final, to hand us a treble for the season.

In the Champions League which was of no real concern to me, we did well to get through the group helped by a huge win at Dortmund in final group game, but we went out the very next round to Real Madrid. We were unlucky I would say, we lost 1-0 at home but were the much better side, and at the Bernabeu we were second best but only lost 1-0, to go out 2-0 on aggregate, so we gave a decent account of ourselves overall.

With England we have been growing to a new level as an international side, built on the Nations League win, we put our World Cup Qualifying Group to the sword, scoring 50 odd goals and only conceding 6 times to qualify with utter ease for the finals in Australia. This year we had two friendlies against South Korea and Poland and again both these sides felt our wrath in rather one sided batterings as we get closer to the World Cup.

Summary

e60eee6006678071b5ce7a2cf5f84b67.png

341d2232b77177d76ec1d40ec67852c7.png

Career Summary

0dc1ae031c79d95d71a31242f33d740c.png

765.png.c0fd3cdeb0e73b057e0eeb7286285276.png

ENGLAND AT WORLD CUP 2034 IN AUSTRALIA

Squad |

We had two pre-tournament friendlies at Wembley which resulted in a 4-1 win against Serbia and heavy 4-1 loss to France, which was not the best way to enter the tournament

b2d9266b758797d11e5404bde67fcc79.png

We were in Canberra for the World Cup opener against Venezuela and they made it hard for us, but eventually we managed to find a way through them in the second half with goals from Humphries and Greenwood getting us the 2-0 win and the perfect start to the tournament.

bb416d76c6c02c016ea3124fe1ef88fa.png

We were at the Gabba in Brisbane for our final group game, and we had already qualified before kick-off because South Africa had beaten Venezuela, assuring us of at least 2nd place in the group. However we wanted 1st place, and despite going a goal down to a very decent South African side, we stormed back with goals from Rice, Humphries and Gillies to give us the 3-1 on the night, and passage to the next round as group winners.

99f9918f7ec323c9f0bb16ecb889d6d2.png

The group finished with us topping the group, South Africa in 2nd and Venezuela heading home.

38ecf06f9e7605de83014b8886d0efee.png

In the Second Round we were in Perth for a game a game against the United States, and they provided very little resistance to us, as Dixon got us going, Gillies bagged a hat-trick and Greenwood also got on the scoresheet for a 5-0 win, and an emphatic passage to the next round.

e1a82e39f417c8838aa483bc625901ea.png

The Third Round saw us face the Netherlands at the Docklands. It was a very tough affair. Holland took the lead but we pegged them back via Faulkner and the half ended 1-1. We would finally take the lead in the game, just before the hour mark through veteran Phil Foden, but a penalty to the Dutch made it 2-2. Step up hero of the hour Arsenal midfielder Mark Healy to give us an injury time winner and send us through to the Quarter Final.

b3d92104d5d2706730c6d5df70d1a4aa.png

Spain in Brisbane is what lay before us at the Quarter Final stage, and we started the game perfectly with a goal through McIntosh just 3 minutes in. It was a tense one but we Arsenal striker Voisey got himself a goal 5 minutes from full time to make it 2-0 and ease the nerves.

8a6f05593b66e51c9feefac35acaaa56.png

The Old Enemy Germany lay before us in Sydney, having already beaten them in Munich to win the Nations League, this would be another classic match between the two titans of international football. We took the lead through Humphries who had bagged himself 3 goals from centre back this tournament, but Kai Havertz showed his class as we put away a penalty, and then just before half time got Germany into the lead. In the second half we had chances but we could not find the equaliser and Germany would be heading back to Sydney for the final to play Italy.

5d425e713c9d832e7639658ade9742a7.png

We still had the play the game that no one ever wants to play the 3rd place playoff, again in Sydney against a superb Portuguese side. We were the better side on this day as Healy got us off to a magical start, but we were pegged back by my former player Man City striker Pedro Lopes before half time. In the second half we were the better team but we just could not get the ball in the net, and then 6 minutes before half time Kunle Odita found the net and the floodgates opened as Greenwood finally found space in behind the Portuguese defence and bagged himself two late goals to make it 4-1 to England. Perhaps a bit harsh on the Portuguese, but we had secured a 3rd place finish at a World Cup. Not quite what we wanted but a pretty good showing.

08280afdbd34db0dcb6bf68e9aac0447.jpg

The final split looks like this, we managed to reach the semi finals to be put out by Germany who would go on to beat Italy 2-1 in the final. South Africa had a nice run to the semi finals before losing to Italy. Our former side Brazil, who we won the World Cup with 4 years ago in Spain had their title defence ended by eventual Champions Germany in the Quarter Finals. Scotland can be pretty proud of their efforts getting to the Third Round and only narrowly losing the Germany.

Summary

614f7bdfab044168eb2f41f5ebb72ab6.png

Career Summary

e26a2d07a0931d6c3d82de7abf681679.png

SEASON 22 (2041-2042)

Leicester City

673.png

zdoycze.jpg.1f0d741eccadb6c21528dc94e056ae66.jpg

After a successful adventure with AC Milan, I moved to England and my new employer was Leicester City. On the spot I found a terrible training staff, fortunately the team was not the worst. From the Italian team I took with me the top goalscorer of the previous season Serie A and my best defender. Then we started with Foxes in the fight to win the Premier League. The beginning of the season was perfect for us, in December we felt a bit out of breath to win practically everything again after the New Year. It ended with the England championship with 89 points. Honestly, at first I thought it was because of the poor performance of the other teams, but those 89 points in the previous 10 years would have earned us 8 championships, so I'm very happy with our performance. We also focused on fighting for the FA Cup, thanks to which we won the most important cup in England. We have already forgotten (which is slowly my specialty) the Europa League and the Carabao Cup. After the season ended, I decided it was time to pack as AS Monaco showed interest in me and I hope that my lack of a contract will convince them of the only right decision.

PREMIER LEAGUE

673159995_premierleague.thumb.jpg.e25de23925df6ddb785aa4be6efc5dbd.jpg

FA CUP

671724147_facup.jpg.1866736a8631fbe6ccecb5f0067cf666.jpg

9/10 Leagues won (Welsh League - 2023, I-League - 2024, K-League - 2028 RSA Premiership - 2030 Liga MX Apertura 2031 Bundesliga - 2035 La Liga - 2038 Serie A - 2041 Premier League - 2042)
9/10 Cups won (Welsh Cup - 2021, Durand Cup - 2024, KFA Cup - 2028 Nedbank Cup - 2029 Knockout Cup - 2029 DFB Pokal - 2035 Copa del Rey - 2038 Coppa Italia - 2040 FA Cup - 2042)
5/5 Continental Tournaments won (Copa Libertadores - 2027, AFC Champions League - 2028 CAF Champions League - 2031 CONCACAF Champions League - 2032 UEFA Champions League - 2036)
1/1 Club World Cups won (2037)

2/5 International Tournaments won (African Cup of Nations - 2027 UEFA EURO - 2040)
1/1 World Cups won (France - 2038)

72023794.png.541e64437581eb1be27fd247c3c17dab.png765.png.c0fd3cdeb0e73b057e0eeb7286285276.png

ATLANTA UNITED (U.S.A) & ENGLAND

SEASON 2034

Atlanta United | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Eastern Conference Table | Transfers | Squad |

Atlanta United Top Players | Ryan Goldman | Jamie Thomas | William Manes Neto | Ignacio Flores | Luke Hargreaves

England | Fixtures | Nations League Group

After leaving Porto, we finally saw an opening in North America at Atlanta United, and as soon as I joined I more or less instantly regretted it. The squad was a mess, we had one centre back and no left back, so things we were not looking rosy. I instantly looked to get some players in, but then the rules in the MLS are just difficult to understand, and it took me a while to work out a way to register them. Then I noticed that the previous manager had arranged about 10 transfers into the club, but when the time came for them to join, 7 of the transfers were cancelled due to our wage cap. So a complete mess. Added to this, part way through the season, our only goalkeeper got injured, and I decided to take the option to put him of the disabled list (not the season ending list), and then I could not get him back and could not work out how to register him. In fact I managed to unregister everyone and could not register any players forcing me to reload, fortunately I did not lose any progress with that. So the MLS looks completely broken. It is my first time ever managing here and it makes no sense and also seems to be pretty broken.

In terms of the results on the pitch, despite saying everything I have said we were pretty awesome, as we rose up the table and managed at the end of the season to capture the Eastern Conference. We managed to then win the Eastern Conference Playoffs to make the MLS Cup against Sporting Kansas City, and we won that too, handing us the MLS Cup, which actually due to past achievements means nothing to us. In the US Open Cup we got as far as the semi final before losing to LA Galaxy, and in the Leagues Cup we lost out to Tigres of Mexico in the semi final. So a good season, and presumably we have qualified for the Champions League although I have had not message to confirm that so I will be very annoyed if we have not, since that is the priority, followed by the US Open Cup and then anything else. Next season we will need to work out a way to build a team that has at least some depth to it, because the squad as you will see from the screenshot is wafer thin in many areas.

With England, we entered the Nations League group hoping to repeat our Nations League win, but it is not looking good due to a collapse against Portugal at home where we led 2-0 and ended up losing 4-2 at home. So we would need to beat Portugal in Portugal to stand any chance. It does not matter to me, since we are just waiting around until the Euros where I will then be very much interested in how we do.

Career

713c3a48238d3d350ad607840e145dc1.png

74268d441af36e2af0a1b19b08443785.png

Career Summary

bb67cd7a56ac7be49dcc666b2e170f6e.png

Steenberg_United_F.C._logo.png.6df92df0b14c7392b953c7f7a7bcf41d.png

Season 2 2021/22

692076557_BrentMeister_EndofSeasonReview.thumb.png.ba52ecdd47ad43ce0d4228ab24c05051.png

A good second year in management saw us lift the South African 2nd division title and also make the quarter finals of the FA cup. 

We started poorly and was winless after our first 5 league games, due to the massive squad upheaval in the off season where we signed 9 players. 

After the bedding in period we was fantastic. A 16 game unbeaten run in the second half of the season helped us secure the title on the penultimate weekend. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Career progression

We were linked with 2 premier division jobs and even had an unsuccessful interview with Bloem Celtic. Hopefully this season I'll secure a move away.

We grabbed our first coaching badge this year and have just been accepted to start a national B course.

I also optimistically applied for the Cameroon job but have yet to hear back from them.

Cape Town Spurs

I have taken a risk this season, to forgo the cups and the league, for the most part that is, I don't want to get fired now that we're in the African CL. However the schedule is so hectic with the CAF Super Cup, CAF Champions League, MTN8 Cup, Telkom Knockout, Nedbank Cup and the regular league, we need to heavily rotate, and the second team isn't nearly as good as the first one. That being said we started the season with a CAF Super Cup win, and went on to win the MTN8 as well. but lost in the Telkom Knockout as well as the Nedbank Cup Semis. So on to the league, with key matches being played within a week of CAF CL and the SA League I had to make a choise to rotate in the league as well. The Pirates gave us an hell of a run this year, where they've clinched the title on the second to last gameday, leaving us finishing second. But the gamble payed off.. we won the AFC Champions League!, it was a mixed road, the toughest matchups came on opposite ends of each other, namely Al-Ahly in the first round, then the group stage was a breeze, only Wydad managed to score against us, the semis went 3-2 on aggregate to us against ES Sahel and in the finals we faced ES Tunis where we won 3-1 and a missed penalty. This was quite a nerve wrecking match because in my heart I already said my goodbyes to the Spurs, the country and the continent. If I would've failed here I'd probaly go do another continent. But here we are on the same path only with the 'good' ending.. 

XGVo9wc.png

League Table & Champions League matches:

Spoiler

CiYASBq.png

Ly948j9.png

Domestic
Season	 Team				Division						Position	Notes						
2020/21  Cape Town Spurs	South African Championship		1st  		Champions, Promoted
2024/25  Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	2nd			Won CAF Champions League, CAF Super League, MTN8

International
Year	Team			Achievements

Challenge Progress

Club
 1/10 domestic cups (Cape Town Spurs, Nedbank Cup, South Africa)
 1/5 club continental Championships (CAF Champions League, Cape Town Spurs)

International
 0/1 world tournaments 

72023794.png.541e64437581eb1be27fd247c3c17dab.png765.png.c0fd3cdeb0e73b057e0eeb7286285276.png

ATLANTA UNITED (U.S.A) & ENGLAND

2035 Season

Atlanta United | Fixtures | League Table | Transfers | Squad |

Atlanta United Top Players | Ryan Goldman | Jamie Thomas | Ignacio Flores | William Manes Neto | Reuben Demming

England | 2034 Fixtures | 2035 Fixtures | Nations League Group | World Cup Qualifying Group

We started the season at Atlanta United, trying to work out how we could get under the wage cap but also build a squad, as last season we barely had enough players to field a first 11 and a few substitutes. We managed to do that somewhat but it involved letting some of the key players in the team go. I still don't understand how the MLS allocation system works, I was unable to for some players not put them on allocation to reduce their wage cap affect. I am sure I misunderstood it, but it is very complicated and it is not particularly user friendly how it had been implemented.

Our main objective was the CONCACAF Champions League this season with the US Open Cup the second priority and the MLS Cup only relevant to me for qualifying for next year's Champions League. I was surprised by how short the Champions League in North America is, it is just a short knockout tournament. We started off our campaign against Alajuelense of Costa Rica and beat them pretty easily, before we faced Vancouver Whitecaps in the Quarter Final. A 1-0 away loss had us on the ropes but we stormed back at home with a 4-0 win to take the tie. Next up in the semi final was more American opposition in Nashville. We were away first and we got a big win with a 3-1 win before drawing 2-2 back at home to reach the final, where we faced our first major test in the form of Mexican titan Club America. However the script did not seem to be written that way and trounced America in the home leg 7-3, to more or less engrave our name on the trophy, we just needed to avoid a catastrophe in Mexico and we did a bit more than that as we won out 3-1 winning 10-4 on aggregate in a mad final. But we had accomplished what I had set out to do without much fuss. This tournament so far, has proven to be easiest Champions League to win, there was minimal fuss winning it and the format is extremely short.

We were in 1st place in the league and still in the US Open, but a job offer came up that we could not afford to ignore and so our time with Atlanta United is cut short as we only complete part of the season in charge. I am willing to forego the US Open for a more lucrative and more difficult job to get, and so our time ends here. We were top of the Eastern Conference so we were looking good to at least go to the playoffs again.

With England, I feel we are in a bit of transition period, several of the veterans like Declan Rice, Phil Foden, Mason Mount etc are now retired from international football or are probably getting there, we have a young team coming in that probably have not yet got their stripes so we are not looking too great at the moment. In the Nations League we finished 2nd behind Portugal after a draw in Portugal gave them top position and in the World Cup Qualifying we are struggling a bit with a home draw to Turkey and away draw to Israel, we are in a bit of danger but it is still very much in our hands to resolve it.

Overall we are now just 10 competitions away from completing the challenge, but we still have some very hard competitions to win, so it is still going to be a slog from here.

Summary

98c620f14a6be5acb474679759e139d1.png

bf32dc1bc4c23f122d83d413290a2038.png

Career Summary

50ae5aa00266c05eafa18e92737087e2.png

Crest.png.537438a4a26e083f901e96ef2b0969a8.png

Juventus: 2068/69 Review

After a disappointing spell with Liverpool and an abrupt and equally poor time with Mexico I somehow found myself residing in Turin and looking to lead Juventus to better times. They’d also endured a poor campaign last time out, finishing in 6th place in the league. They did win the Copa Italia but due to their poor league finish there would not be Champions League football this campaign. I was happy enough with that though, able to focus on trying to compete for the league title and also have a good run in the domestic cup. I was armed with huge funds and ready to try and push this side on. Player sales raked in well over £200,000,000, although we did spend a chunk of it. Winger Edson Monteiro joined from Barcelona in a huge £87,000,000 deal, and in January we raided Brescia for bright young midfielder Marco Abbate in a £70,000,000 deal. Our best business was probably on holding midfielder Felix Rendon. I took him to the Copa America as Mexico manager and signed him here from Monterrey in a £12,000,000 deal. In honesty the squad was already impressive enough before we made any dealings. Two time Ballon D'or winner Nigel Harms and winger Francisco Saraiva (also a two time winner) as well as Lukasz Kona were on the books. The latter a ridiculous £209,000,000 signing a few years back.

Our league form actually started pretty poorly as we suffered three defeats in our first nine league matches. We had started way off the pace set by Inter Milan, who didn’t drop a point until their 14th match of the campaign. Thankfully when they did drop points they came in a cluster and mixed with a run of ten straight wins by us we chalked back an early deficit of 12 points. As the season headed towards a conclusion it was a three way battle for the title, with ourselves competing alongside Lazio and Inter Milan. We helped our cause by drawing to Lazio and completing a turnaround 2-1 victory over Inter, but frustratingly dropped points elsewhere. With six matches remaining all three of us were tied on points, but we sat 3rd due to our inferior records against both.

1199340488_FinalTable.png.68cbdd970e1e59fd79d57dc66c9f8975.png

It wasn’t meant to be but we put in one hell of an effort to fall just short. Lazio we’re the real surprise package winning the title, the first top three finish for them in the past fourteen seasons. We blitzed records for goals scored and individually for Lukasz Kona. He bagged a ridiculous 36 league goals and was 13 goals ahead of his nearest challenger for the top scorer award. Funnily enough it was our very own winger Jurg Vuichard who came second.

Outside of the league we enjoyed success lifting some trophies in the process. The first trophy of my reign came midway through the season when we comfortably beat my former side AC Milan to win the Italian Super Cup. The 2-0 score line didn’t really do justice to our domination throughout. In the Copa Italia we made hard work of things, although we did have a good run. We scrambled through a penalty shoot out against Napoli to reach the semi finals where we only narrowly saw off Salernitana. We won 2-1 on aggregate after picking up a huge 1-0 away win in the second leg. For the second time this season we would meet my former side AC Milan for the opportunity to lift silverware.

1779085565_ItalianCupFinal.png.5dfda3fd22a7cb5ec6f82a69877019c0.png

Again we beat my former side and again we got to lift the trophy. We were really good throughout and although we had to wait 55 minutes to make the breakthrough victory never really seemed in doubt. We faced some late pressure on our goal but held firm, lifting the trophy for the third time in a row.

The final opportunity at silverware came in the Europa League. Last seasons poor league showing saw us enter the secondary continental competition and unsurprisingly we were considered one of the favourites to win it. Things started woefully though, a much changed side being hammered 0-3 at home to West Ham. We bounced back to win all five of our remaining group games though and qualifying for the knockout stages. There we managed to navigate through Benfica, West Ham and Nice to reach the semi finals where we were drawn against more Portuguese opposition in Sporting Lisbon. The first leg was away from home, but we put in a superb performance. We ran out comfortable winners by a 2-0 score line to all but secure our spot in the final. The second leg would finish 1-1 and we would face off against Tottenham in the final.

977330590_EuropaLeague.png.f6a4b4286a82a66070d862db279d4703.png

The final was an awful game in which we went toe to toe until we suffered an injury and went down to ten men. We spent the entirety of extra time a man down and on the back foot. They eventually scored and we didn’t create any chances to get back into the game. Disappointing but not catastrophic. It would’ve been nice to win another trophy but alas it wasn’t meant to be.

I was excited to take this position and actually really enjoyed the entire campaign. We were competitive across all competitions and the football my side played was sensational at times. The fact I was given a big transfer budget helped, but the star power in the squad is just ridiculous. I was excited to manage both Nigel Harms and Fabio Saraiva but it was actually another midfielder who was the most impressive. Switzerland international Jurg Vuichard was sensational on the right wing, and he was a player I tried to sign years ago whilst he was still at Young Boys in his home land. The fact we had such a strong squad certainly helped us compete across all fronts.

To take a title charge to the final day was devastating but at the same time we can be really proud of our efforts. From 6th to 2nd in one season is quite a turnaround and I’m pleased with that. We managed to win the domestic cup so this season certainly proved to be a real success. Returning to the Champions League has seen the board show real ambition too. I’ve been given a £400,000,000 transfer budget for the summer and I’ll be looking for us to go and win the title next season. It’s going to be a busy summer, but will definitely be exciting for the fans.

Season	Club			Competition		Position	Notes & Achievements

2020/21 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	2nd		
2021/22 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	1st (C)		SA First Division Winners
2022/23 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		SA Knockout Cup Winners
2023/24 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		
2024/25 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		Confederations Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2025/26 SuperSport United	SA Premier		1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Cup Winners, CAF Super Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners, 
2026/27 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		SA Knockout Cup Winners, CAF Champions League Winners
2027	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	6th		
2028	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Chinese FA Cup Winners
2029	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Asian Champions League Winners, Chinese FA Cup Winners
2030	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	1st (C)		Chinese Super League Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2031	DC United		MLS East Conference	6th		
2032/33 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	5th		Copa Argentinos Winners
2033/34 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Sudamericana Winners, Copa Argentinos Winners, Argentinian Super Cup Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners
2034/35 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Libertadores Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners
2035	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	5th		MLS Western Conference Winners
2036	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st (C)		MLS Cup Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, MLS Western Conference Winners, Leagues Cup Winners
2037	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st		MLS Western Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, Campeones Cup Winners
2038/39	Mainz FC/ Schalke 04	Bundesliga		-
2039	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	5th		
2040	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	1st		Supporters Shield Winners
2041	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	-		CONCACAF Champions League Winners
2041/42	Bayer Leverkusen	Bundesliga		4th
2042/43	Bayer Leverkusen	Bundesliga		4th
2043/44 Bayer Leverkusen	Bundesliga		6th
2044/45 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		7th
2045/46 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		1st (C)		Bundesliga Winners
2046/47 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		2nd		DFL Super Cup Winners
2047/48 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		1st (C)		Bundesliga Winners
2048/49	-
2049/50	-
2050/51	AS Monaco		French Ligue 1		3rd		French Super Cup Winners	
2051/52	AS Monaco		French Ligue 1		3rd
2052/53 CF Valencia		La Liga			3rd		European Super Cup Winners, Copa del Rey Winners
2053/54	CF Valencia		La Liga			3rd		Spanish Super Cup Winners
2054/55	CF Valencia		La Liga			3rd
2055/56	CF Valencia		La Liga			1st (C)		La Liga winners, Spanish Super Cup Winners
2056/57 -
2057/58	Napoli			Serie A			-
2057/58	AC Milan		Serie A			4th
2058/59	AC Milan		Serie A			3rd		Europa League Winners
2059/60	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, Taca da Liga Cup Winners
2060/61	FC Porto		Superliga		3rd		UEFA Champions League Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners
2061/62	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, UEFA Super Cup Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners, Taca de Liga Cup Winners 
2062/63	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners, Taca da Liga Winners
2063/64	FC Porto		Superliga		1st (C)		Superliga winners, Portuguese Cup winners,Taca da Liga Winners
2064/65	FC Porto		Superliga		1st (C)		Superliga winners, Portuguese Super Cup winners
2065/66	Paris Saint Germain	French Ligue 1		1st (C)		Ligue 1 winners, Coupe de France winners, French Super Cup winners
2066/67	Liverpool		Premier League		3rd
2067/68 Liverpool		Premier League		3rd
2068/69	Juventus		Serie A			2nd		Coppa Italia Winners, Italian Super Cup Winners
2059/70	Juventus		Serie A			TBC

Year		Nation			Honours
2042-2046	France			Nations League Winners (2043)
2046-2048	Columbia
2048-2049	Nigeria
2049-2051	Morocco			African Cup of Nations Winners (2051)
2054-2055	South Korea
2057-2060	Brazil
2060-2064	Spain			World Cup Winners (2062), Nations League winners (2063)
2066-2067	South Korea		Asia Cup Winners (2067)
2067-2068	Mexico			NA Nations League Winners (2068)

7/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League, 2030 Chinese Super League Winners, 2037 MLS Cup Winners, 2045/46 Bundesliga Winners, 2055/56 La Liga winners, 2063/64 Portuguese Superliga winners, 2065/66 Ligue 1 winners)
7/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners, 2032/33 Copa Argentinos Winners, 2053 Copa del Rey Winners, 2059 Taca de Liga Portugal Winners, 2065/66 Coupe de France winners, 2068/69 Coppa Italia Winners)
5/5 club continental championships (2026/27 CAF Champions League Winners, 2029 Asian Champions League Winners, 2034/35 Copa Libertadores Winners, 2041 CONCACAF Champions League Winners, 2060/61 UEFA Champions League Winners)

2/5 continental competitions (2051 African Cup of Nations, 2067 Asia Cup)
1/1 world tournaments (2062 World Cup)

LYlFq5n.png

United States of America - World Cup 2026

After my African Champions League win, I resigned from Cape Town Spurs and spent some time unemployed when USA came knocking at my door. They needed a head coach for the upcoming World Cup hosted by a joint effort from USA/Canada/Mexico. The expectation was getting to the 3rd round. We were drawn in a poule with Morocco and Ireland and had a decent preparation on the road to the Cup. Morocco fell over with an easy 3-1 while Ireland was a bit tougher, but we still won with 3-2.

nSrJ93P.pngvJCRPuT.png

After the group stage we drew Senegal and won with a decent 1-0 win, nothing spectecular.

TkFkk4n.png

So this brings us to the third round of the tournament, our goal, we made it, but with no real surprises being eliminated the next opponent was inevitable.. Belgium. They knocked another host country in Mexico out in the previous round and they will go for the double against us, we lost 2-1, at least we stood a decent chance against them.

W1vX9ve.png

The Belgian FA was impressed with me to say the least, because they offered me the job as coach after Mourinho left for the England NT, but I've decided to stay with the US of A until at least the Gold Cup because I think we have a good shot there.

Edited by Fizzle

868.png.a9241fdf1dbbbc4d363204bbecccc2f8.png765.png.c0fd3cdeb0e73b057e0eeb7286285276.png

PARIS SAINT GERMAIN (FRANCE) & ENGLAND

SEASON 2035/36

PSG | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | League Table | Champions League Group | Transfers | Squad |

PSG Best Players | Kylian Mbappe | Jochen Jans | Adel Bensaid | Victor Delgado | Tristan Adam |

England | 2035 Fixtures | 2036 Fixtures | Euro 2036 Qualifying Group |

The job we were eager to pick up and forego a potential cup success with Atlanta United for was Paris Saint Germain whose manager had just resigned and we were in there applying quick and were quickly offered the job, a bit before the season would start in earnest. PSG had won every league title in France since the save began apart from last year where they finished in 3rd place, behind Rennes and Monaco. Rennes were the team to watch for us, as they had a very good team and could upset us. I looked over the team and despite being old, a bit like when we took over at Man City, I felt this team had legs, the only change I made was to bring in a goalkeeper but he was nothing special, just a fill in at goalkeeper for a few quid from Club Brugge. Domestically we were awesome, nobody could touch us at all. We ended up winning the league weeks before the end and ended up with an unbeaten season only dropping 6 points on the way to the title, which was a draw away at Metz, a draw away at Nice and a draw away at Lens. I really could have asked for much more from the team and that is one hell of way to put PSG back on their perch so to speak. Even more impressive was the scoring we ended up with 154 goals scored, 65 goals more than Lyon with the next best haul and a goal difference of +126, some 71 better than Lyon also in second place. This was Kylian Mbappe's last season in football as he plans to retire at the end of the season so it is a nice way to send him off with a double. He is still insanely good at the age of 37 years old and had a superb season for us this last year.

On the cup front we completed the double in the Coupe de France as we beat Rennes in the final. Accomplishing exactly what we set out to do. However in Europe things were not as bright, we suffered against the German sides, as Hertha beat us to the group win, and would go on to only lose at the semi final stage, and Hoffenheim would beat us home and away to knock us out in the Second Round, so nothing positive there but it was not of importance to me.

Well it will be only one season at PSG, and we are off to pastures anew, with ever increasingly more limited options of where to go next. We could go to Germany and Spain to battle for those title or we could change continent and tackle Asia, where we still need the Champions League trophy finish off the Champions League portion of the challenge. We will need to pick up another three domestic cups on the way, but it could happen with the remaining league titles and Champions Leagues we need to win anyway so that would be one way to limit it to just three more Clubs in Club football

On the international front, qualification with England for the Euros was a bit of dumpster fire in the end as we lost in Turkey and could only finish 2nd in the group, although that was enough to qualify us as one of the best second placed teams for the tournament. I am not particularly hopeful, the quality we had at the last World Cup, is not currently here in spades, and despite being ranked 3rd in the World, I feel that is a false position and there are probably 5 or 6 better European sides in International football than us at the moment. But we will give it our best effort to bring that one home.

Summary

bd63cc8cea44b73b0ecbecaf74856570.png

406c8346859089f05f15631bb459bffd.png

Career Summary

42f913df21797354af5ea1d9f36c1ede.png

765.png.c0fd3cdeb0e73b057e0eeb7286285276.png

ENGLAND AT EURO 2036 IN PORTUGAL

Squad |

We went into the tournament with not a huge amount of faith in the team and we were handed another blow as we were drawn in the group of death against hosts Portugal, Belgium and Sweden just to make things just a little bit more difficult for us.

f8009f06dc436548f238879a0b6ff05c.png

We opened up our campaign at the Boavista Stadium in Porto, for the second game of the tournament following a 1-1 draw between Portugal and Belgium in the tournament opener. It was not a game for the feint of heart as we got ahead in the first half and it remained like that until half time, but Sweden equslised on the hour, and I was worried we would not respond, but we did through Humphries and Hay to give us a 3-1 lead before Sweden again got another to make things interesting for the last 10 minutes. Fortunately we survived to record a 3-2 win in the end and top the group after the first round.

59de2a6203f1137c647090ff7d43a911.png

Next up we faced a major test against Portugal in Lisbon. We scored early but were immediately pegged back and the game could have gone either way from there, but Odita decided to be the man in this game as he got a goal just after half time and with 10 minutes to go to give us a 3-1 win against the hosts and book our place in the next round.

9609363894fd733be943cab8ed09053e.png

We were back in Porto at the Dragao for Belgium, and we were pretty much assured of top spot, Belgium needed at least a point to make sure and that would be the result, in what was a bit of bore, the game finished 0-0 as neither side could find the net.

c6e0fe313005229482d7c0c5101e4bb1.png

We were in Vila Franca de Xira for the Second Round game against Norway, and we were pretty comfortable for the 90 minutes. Again an early goal set us on our way, and another just past the hour made progression safe as we booked a place in the Quarter Finals.

09fa26044e45725c4daeb4a7ce3dda29.png

We faced the golden generation of Irish football in the Quarter Final and I was quietly confident we could deal with them. We had played plenty of games against them in the Nations League and come out on top on most of them, but this was going to be a heartbreaker that many an England fan would know well. We led in the second half through Murray, but just a minute from time Brown got Ireland out of the hole they were in and the game would finish 1-1. In extra time, the game seemed to be peetering out, when big man Alix Humphries decided to take the game by the scruff of the neck and connected with a corner to make it 2-1, with just 6 minutes of extra time to go. With 4 minutes to go he repeated the trick and now we led 3-1 with just 4 minutes to go. Four minutes can be a long time in football, and Louis Maher was about to make himself and Ireland legend in these four minutes as he struck what looked to be a consolation goal with 3 minutes to go in extra time and then did it again just a minute later. Pandemonium. In the end we were headed for penalties, but there was never a doubt which way this was going, our heads had gone and we missed the first two penalties when the Irish scored their first 3, to basically put us on the brink. Callaghan could have won it for Ireland but he missed, and Anderson scored our 4th to now need Shields to score for Ireland to send them through or we still had a 5th penalty that could level the shootout, but he put it away and that was another humbling exit for England at major tournament. Absolutely mental game and my last in charge of the Three Lions. We will look to see whether there is a more fruitful European job opening on the horizon or look to see what might be available in North America.

0737af3c3cf5474cbe188c51ea7dae93.png

The final bracket looked like this, Ireland were not done at the semi final stage going all the way to the final where they met the final boss of every Euro tournament Germany who duly delivered another piece of silverware with a 2-0 win. In the way of surprises I guess Ireland was the major one, but they have a very good squad. The other major surprise is not seeing Turkey make the second round, again they are team that taught us a lesson in qualifying and looked to have some star names but they finished bottom of a group that contained Austria, Romania, and Croatia and the Croatian's went out with them, so they should be pretty disappointed with their efforts. Perhaps FM mirroring Turkish flattery to deceive at this last RL tournament we had.

Summary

a1471d46c5a26a1f4a3c137e5c83ecf9.png

Career Summary

4f841444256dc5bef9bcb0f093574830.png

8 hours ago, TerminalPortugal said:

09fa26044e45725c4daeb4a7ce3dda29.png

We faced the golden generation of Irish football in the Quarter Final and I was quietly confident we could deal with them. We had played plenty of games against them in the Nations League and come out on top on most of them, but this was going to be a heartbreaker that many an England fan would know well. We led in the second half through Murray, but just a minute from time Brown got Ireland out of the hole they were in and the game would finish 1-1. In extra time, the game seemed to be peetering out, when big man Alix Humphries decided to take the game by the scruff of the neck and connected with a corner to make it 2-1, with just 6 minutes of extra time to go. With 4 minutes to go he repeated the trick and now we led 3-1 with just 4 minutes to go. Four minutes can be a long time in football, and Louis Maher was about to make himself and Ireland legend in these four minutes as he struck what looked to be a consolation goal with 3 minutes to go in extra time and then did it again just a minute later. Pandemonium. In the end we were headed for penalties, but there was never a doubt which way this was going, our heads had gone and we missed the first two penalties when the Irish scored their first 3, to basically put us on the brink. Callaghan could have won it for Ireland but he missed, and Anderson scored our 4th to now need Shields to score for Ireland to send them through or we still had a 5th penalty that could level the shootout, but he put it away and that was another humbling exit for England at major tournament. Absolutely mental game and my last in charge of the Three Lions. We will look to see whether there is a more fruitful European job opening on the horizon or look to see what might be available in North America.

0737af3c3cf5474cbe188c51ea7dae93.png

Heck yes Ireland. HECK. YES.

106808.png.867d20e6c64c95fa8ae485606c371efc.png

ULSAN HYUNDAI (SOUTH KOREA)

SEASON 2036

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | League Table | Transfers | Squad | 

Ulsan Top Players | Dion Drena Duckic | Lee Gi-Yeol | Cao Xin | Lee Jeong-Woo | Kim Sang-Hyun

We got some very nice luck upon leaving PSG, that Ulsan had a vacancy at manager. They were underperforming in the league and we picked them up in 6th place. Things started slow, but eventually we started to hit some form and very soon we were in the Champions League spots before the league split and had closed a pretty big gap to FC Seoul pretty quickly. After the league split we did very well and had put ourselves on top of the league, but the remaining teams still had a game in hand and would need to play out the final fixture. Ironically FC Seoul and Daejon Hana Citizen, two rivals for the title would play each other in the final game and the only result that would give us the title was a draw, and would you believe it, that was what played out as they drew 0-0 to hand us an unlikely K League victory. The most important thing was to get Champions League for me and we got that but it was nice to all capture the title, and should help with the board.

When we arrived we still were in the Hana Bank FA Cup. We rode our luck against Jeju United to get through the 4th Round, but from there it was plain sailing to the final. In the final we played Jeonbuk over two legs. The first leg when against us, as we lost 2-0 and I was assuming we had blown it, but we produced a sublime display in the 2nd leg, winning 6-0 to win 6-2 on aggregate and capture the FA Cup and an unlikely double in our first season.

Next season we will be looking for Champions League glory, but I know from past experience that this tournament that it is not a cakewalk and we will need to be very good to progress through it.

On the international front, we do not have a team. We did apply for the Portuguese job, but amazingly they turned us down, which has not happened to us in a very long time. In all honesty I would rather get a North American job at this stage since the Gold Cup happens every two years, we would get a few shots at it before the next Euros.

We move onto 25 trophies of the challenge complete. There are just 7 to go, but they are not going to be easy to get.

Summary

e410c57aacae6d4cd56140b06c6b3be7.png

Career Summary

428684af3f026d206365bf6b9789f128.png

Steenberg_United_F.C._logo.png.9350f0d9c973c76586bfd5c8044572b3.png

Season 3 2022/23 review

A very good first season in South Africa's top division in which we lead the way for large parts. The jump in quality wasn't as big as I expected and after a few good signings we had a good squad. that was capable of at least a top half finish.

2024188589_SouthAfricanPremierSoccerLeague_Profile.thumb.png.cb2855ad40850847db698a7c64d0b529.png

Our performance was good enough for the league's top teams to invite us for interviews.

Our first big interview was with Orlando Pirates who decided against hiring us (we actually beat them on the last day of the season to stop them winning the league, which felt nice!)

1922380611_BrentMeister_Inbox.thumb.png.6659b6483c882f59b1b35ad26dc33a4a.png

We then got a big break when Mamelodi Sundowns came calling and after 5 failed interviews we finally landed ourselves an offer. With a much better squad and relatively huge transfer budget and wage allowance, we couldn't turn it down despite being ahead of them in the league.

1681268920_MamelodiSundownsFootballClub_.thumb.png.13b0a6f1208bf418334f5cfe698c798f.png

--------------------------------------------

We left Steenberg in an excellent position that they can hopefully build on. We won 55% of our games there and also landed them and us a first league trophy.

Untitled.png.efa1b66d5045f5869fc1288d95a5033a.png

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

mam-removebg-preview.png.f656129734294db77f1fb10eb1148153.png

Our remit at Sundowns was simple, with 9 games remaining we needed to finish mid table, which we easily did.

1478902729_BrentMeister_EndofSeasonReview.thumb.png.0abfe58d7cc2fb11ae44b18473aa0cdb.png

Next season nothing other than a title will suffice for the board. Hopefully we can win a treble in the next 2 or 3 seasons and move onto pastures new.

We gained a national B licence this season.

Edited by Brentmeister

106808.png.867d20e6c64c95fa8ae485606c371efc.png

ULSAN HYUNDAI (SOUTH KOREA)

SEASON 2036/37

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | League Table | AFC Champions League Group | Transfers | Squad

Top Players | Lee Gi-Yeol | Cesar Fernandez | Kim Sung-Ryong | Lee Jeong-Woo | Hicham Salhi |

It ended up being a bit of strange league season for us, we started like a freight train and opened up a huge lead, and this would go on until past the mid point of the season, where we won every game we played. Then we dropped a few points and went into a bit of crisis where we started losing a few games. In the end we were so far ahead by the time the regular season ended, that we actually won the league on the final fixture of the regular season before we even got the league split stage. However the league split went awfully for us. Morale was a bit affected and we had some key injuries to Fernandes and Gi-Yeol, but still we were battered towards the end the league season. But we were champions none the less.

The FA Cup was a shambles, it arrived at a bad time for us when we were in a slump and we duly went out at the first opportunity.

In the Champions League, the only real interest I had, we had no problems dealing with the group, more or less dominating every game we played and finishing up with a perfect record. In the Second Round we would face Australian side Sydney and despite losing 1-0 away in the first leg, we came back in the second leg to go through comfortably. South Korean side Daejon Hana Citizen were up next, and while they had knocked us out of the FA Cup, we were now back to some form and we swept them aside in the first leg 5-1 and beat them away 3-1, to ease to the semi final, where we would face a side that had caused us a lot of problem in our time at UIsan. We would face Suwon Bluebirds. The first leg did not go to plan with us losing 3-2 away, but it was far from a disaster, as a win would do it at home, and then we produced a masterclass in the return leg as we smashed them 7-1 in the return leg to book our place in the final.

The final would see us face UAE side Al-Ain and I was not sure of what to expect. Since the competition keeps the East and West separate right until the end. Well the first leg pretty much told me everything as we beat Al Ain in the Emirates 4-1 to pretty much stamp our name on the trophy. A week later we made doubly sure as we smashed them 6-1 to complete the rout and win the AFC Champions League and that is the Champions League complete. I am a bit surprised that it was the Champions League we finished first and I guess as part of this challenge we also just completed a Pentagon Challenge. Our time at Ulsan is over, and we will be looking to go to either Spain or Germany the only two logical places to manage at this time.

On the international football front, there has been no movement and more importantly no jobs. The Gold Cup came and went and no resignations or sackings came from it, which is a little worrying which means we will have to wait until the aftermath of the World Cup 2038, to hopefully pick up a job, if nothing interesting to us comes up before. The international management side is probably the part of the challenge that is worrying me most at the moment.

Summary

3f6fef9d95fe8e58673fea5a510fc1c5.png

Career Summary

2dfce2473e7db90face1097edcb117b3.png

961.png.c50e546d906ef3d9b742f26df66328c8.png

VFL WOLSBURG (GERMANY)

SEASON 2037/38

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | League Table | Transfers | Squad |

Top Players | Dominic Balmer | Norbert Wellenreuther | Tihomir Petrovic | Gora Wade | Claudio Roberto |

We waited for a job for quite a while and when the jobs came they were not ideal. It was between Celta de Vigo in Spain and Wolfsburg in Germany and to be honest they were both much of muchness, considering they were both struggling, underperforming, and their squads did not look that great. We opted to go to Wolfsburg because they came in for us first. The squad had issues, and we were definately not on par with the top sides like Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Hoffenheim and Hertha Berlin. We joined in December and we had no money to spend in the January transfer window, so things were going to be tough, but started quite well but eventually the wheels came off before we improved again towards the end of the season, perhaps with the players now fluent in how I wanted them to play. In the end it was an 8th place finish, the worst in our career, but also we did not have much time to do anything about the awful start they had. When we picked them up they were 13th, but that was just one point above the relegation places, which they had sat in when we applied.

In the cup we got the Quarter Final before being destroyed by Dortmund 6-1. So not any fond memories to hold about that either. A lot of work to do, I am still on the lookout for a better job should it come up in either Spain and Germany, but this was a positive move for us because it allows us to learn the German language, have a little bit of experience in the country and hopefully if a big one in Germany falters we will be an obvious choice as manager.

In the international management game, there has been no progress. The World Cup in South Africa is just around the corner, so we will be keeping tabs on North American and European teams. North American is a bigger priority as I think there are fewer quality jobs there, but with the Euros 2 years away, I would take a European job to have another shot at that at this stage. There are normally plenty of managerial casualties after a World Cup so lets hope there are plenty this time around.

Summary

e6bf8eeaf43db8a0b70bde07a9bd571d.png

Career Summary

666a800721af32cdc3e0c291a9a07346.png

2033/2034

1200px-French_Football_Federation_logo_svg.thumb.png.e545b72f8e3afc6e1f383e534ad0f367.png

The World Cup was upon us. I started with an easy win over Ivory Coast meaning I had qualified for the next round. I rotated fully against Canada which ended up with another easy win.

Next up was Ireland and I flew out to a 3-0 lead. From here it was all about saving energy and I closed out the game 3-1. This is where it got tricky, I had Portugal, they took an early lead and I dominated for the rest of the game before finally equalising. I continued to pepper the goal before it going to pens where I managed to win. 

In the QF I had number two side Italy where I ran out 2-0 winners. The game was anything but comfortable and it could’ve gone either way. In the SF I had Germany, I had to keep making changes and it showed with a nervy affair. Like the Nations League it went to pens but this time I held my nerve to win. 

On the other side of the draw, I couldn’t believe it as Bulgaria best England. Bulgaria were a good side (20ish rank) but really I couldn’t ask for a better draw. I started the game well but they scored against the run of play and I couldn’t get going. I had a few good chances but to no avail and I bombed an amazing chance to win the World Cup: Im pretty annoyed to be honest, it was a great chance to tick this off the list. This along with the Copa America defeat are very frustrating as they would have been massive things to tick off the list.

972899577_ScreenShot2021-08-05at5_53_46pm.thumb.png.bea5a4fd73b26e6dacf46dea5f6d50d4.png

512388607_ScreenShot2021-08-05at5_53_58pm.thumb.png.9a2f2993d72b2913d52854e08ef0625a.png

I intend to hang around to the Euros, I’ve got a good enough side to win it but the defence is starting to age.

On the club front, well I had every intention to do another season with Dortmund but an opportunity came up at Mexican powerhouse Cruz Azul. They hadn’t qualified for the CL but they have good resources and a pretty good side. They haven’t qualified for the CL but that’s ok, I’m ready to dig in for a few seasons at a club. I’ve been hopping around a bit lately. I was also mindful of leaving it too long out of fears I wouldn’t get offered a job because my rep would be too high. It’s already a big step back (which the media are letting me know about). 

2093366250_CruzAzul.jpeg.db839881fe97830c0473bfef191ad5ec.jpeg

1132472564_ScreenShot2021-07-29at11_38_55am.thumb.png.dd7bdfdfbeaa74a1899e4817245620a1.png

2020/21 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	3rd (promoted via playoffs)		
2021/22 Uthongathi FC		SA Premier League	4th
2022/23 Kaiser Chiefs	        SA Premier League       1st.  Won Knockout Cup and Be the Coach.
2023/2024 Kaiser Chiefs         SA Premier League       1st. Won Super 8 and Be the Coach. CL Finalists.
2024/25 Kaiser Chiefs SA Premier League 1st. Won Knockout Cup and Champions League.
2025    Guangzhao.               Chinese Super League.   3rd. Started in 3rd with 5 games to go.
2026    Guangzhao                Chinese Super League.   1st.  Lost the final of CFA Cup   
2027    Guanzhao                 Chinese Super League.   1st   CFA Cup winner
2028   Guangzhao                 Chinese Super League   1st CFA Cup Winner  Super Cup Winner
2029.  Guangzhao                 Chinese Super League    1st  Super Cup Winner
2030.  Guangzhao                 Chinese Super League    1st. Asian Champions League Winner Super Cup Winner
2030-2031 Hertha Berlin          Bundesliga.             10th (took over 13th).  German Cup Runner up. Resigned at seasons end
2031-32 Inter Milan              Serie A                 1st    Super Cup Winner
2032-2033 Inter Milan            Serie A                 2nd.   Italian Cup Winner and Super Cup Winner
2033-34.  Borussia Dortmund.     German Bundesliga.      1st.   German Cup Winner
2034-35 Cruz Azul

International 
2021-2023. Nigeria. Lost in QF of AFCON. Sacked. 
2023- present- Ghana. Lost in R of 16 AFCON. Resigned before being sacked.
2026-2027 Ivory Coast AFCON Champsions. Resigned after.
2029- 2032 Mexico. Lost in 3rd Round at WC. Gold Cup Winners. Copa America Finalist 
2032- present France. Lost in Nations League Final 2033, Lost in WC Final 2034.
4/10 top domestic leagues (2022/23-2024/25 SA Premier League, 2026-20230 CSL), (2031/32 Serie A, 2033/34 Bundesliga)
4/10 top domestic cups (2022/23, 24/25 SA Knockout Cup, 2027, 2028 CFA Cup, 2032/33 Italian Cup, 2033/34 German Cup)
2/5 club continental championships (2024/25 African Champions League, 2030 Asian Champions League)

2/5 continental competitions (2027 AFCON, 2031 Gold Cup)
0/1 world tournaments
12/32 total trophies

1870.png.f61b3e48878494deb0c250adc650b482.png  

Crispypaul
Fenerbahce
Turkish Superleague
2027/28

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - we were completely dominant, finishing the season unbeaten with a record points total to lift the title.

Turkish Cup - Fixtures - a pretty straightforward run to the final which we won quite easily in the end to lift the cup.

Europa Conference League - Fixtures | Table - Differdange of Luxembourg were beaten comfortably in the play off round.  In the groups we faced FC Zurich, Fehervar of Hungary and North Macedonian side Shkëndija which we comfortably won.  Rangers up next in the 2nd knockout round, an away win being enough to see us through.  In the quarters were Fiorentina whom we thrashed at home to make the 2nd leg a formality.  Next in the semis was Watford whom gave us two very challenging games but we got past in the end where we faced Real Sociedad in the final.  It was one helluva final, end to end stuff but in the end we triumphed 4-3 to lift the trophy

Finances - very healthy although there's a large loan out for some reason

Transfers - played around a bit, some pretty tricky squad registration in Turkey

Squad

Key players

Marek Zahalka - Czech striker signed for £56k due to his contract being expired, very prolific

Tolga Kocabal - flying winger from our youth system

Christoph Brink - 40+ goals from the Dortmund loanee

Eren Ozmen - strong centre back from our youth system

Abdullah Zorlu - wonderkid midfielder also from our youth system

Future - a clean sweep in Turkey so not much point in staying on, therefore I resigned at the end of the season

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division		Position			Notes						
2020/21  Cape Town Spurs     	South African 1st  	 1st				Champions, Promoted
2021/22	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Prem	 2nd				Qualified for Champions League
2022/23	 Cape Town Spurs	South African Prem	 1st				Won CAF CL, Cup, Resigned at end of season
2023/24	 Tigres			Liga MX		 	 4th/1st			Won both Apertura and Clausura, qualifed for CL
2024/25	 Tigres			Liga Mx		    	 1st/1st			Won Apertura, Leagues Cup, CONCACAF CL
2025	 Suwon Samsung Bluewings K League 1		 2nd				Won KFA Cup
2026	 Suwon Samsung Bluewings K League 1		 1st				Won KFA Cup, AFC Champions League
2026/27	 Hamburg		1. Bundesliga	         17th				Joined February, Relegated, Resigned
2027/28	 Fenerbahce		Turkish Superleague	 1st				Won Turkish Cup, Europa Conference League

International
Year	   Team					Achievements
2023		Nigeria				Won AFCON, resigned after
2026		Iran				Appointed after World Cup
2027 		Iran				Lost in Asian Cup SF, resigned

Challenge Progress

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues (Cape Town Spurs, South Africa, 22/23; Tigres, Mexico, 23/24; Suwon Samsung Bluewings, South Korea, 2026; Fenerbahce, Turkey, 2027/28)
 4/10 domestic cups (Cape Town Spurs, South Africa, 22/23; Tigres, Mexico, 23/24; Suwon Samsung Bluewings, South Korea, 2025; Fenerbahce, Turkey, 2027/28)
 3/5 club continental championships (Cape Town Spurs, Africa, 22/23; Tigres, North America, 24/25; Suwon Samsung Bluewings, Asia, 2026)

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Nigeria, Africa, 2023)
 0/1 world tournaments 

I got turned down by an interesting job at Seville annoyingly but then Hoffenheim came calling, and I love the German league so why not (and they're not in as much of a mess as Hamburg were)

Also I am back in the international arena - I saw the Mexico job was free and thought of the Gold Cup the following year however a much more obvious role was offered to me so I am now England manager

Badge.png.9d73d519bff49c963b0fef140efa987e.png

Job Update: September 2069

So after a lengthy gap without an international role I finally have one in the form of the USA. My last spell in charge of a nation ended in disappointment as a poor Copa America campaign saw me relieved of my position with Mexico. Now I return to North America but with a new and exciting role. The USA squad contains some big players and there is a real sense of intrigue for me as I take my position.

The World Cup is at the end of the current campaign and so with America it was all about qualifying for the competition in South Africa. I joined with the side having won two out of two and so far we’ve kept that record going. First up my team demolished the Dominican Republic 6-0 before following it up a few days later with a 5-0 defeat of Costa Rica. We’ve secured our spot in the World Cup and there is still two games to go of the qualification campaign. I’m not expecting much of us at the World Cup but I’m mainly here to try and grab the Gold Cup. Coincidentally I only managed to take this role after America were defeated by Mexico in the final of said edition. The Mexicans have now won the last eight editions of the Gold Cup. That’s going to take some stopping, but it’s exactly what I’m here to try and do.

Crest.png.21ffd31c8c1af6cb1ed8d0c002216594.png

With Juventus we’ve had an awful start to the season despite spending big in the summer. We parted with £77,000,000 for a right back from Tottenham before spending £92,000,000 on 28-year old central midfielder Ronny Pecault from Benfica. Spending big hasn’t paid off though and we’ve already suffered defeat on three occasions. Napoli, Inter Milan and Lazio have all beaten us and we’ve only managed a win and a draw to go with it. It’s been a tough start fixture wise though so I’m hoping we can now string some form together and climb up the table. We’re definitely much better than we’ve played so far.

2020/21 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	2nd		
2021/22 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	1st (C)		SA First Division Winners
2022/23 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		SA Knockout Cup Winners
2023/24 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		
2024/25 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		Confederations Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2025/26 SuperSport United	SA Premier		1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Cup Winners, CAF Super Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners, 
2026/27 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		SA Knockout Cup Winners, CAF Champions League Winners
2027	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	6th		
2028	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Chinese FA Cup Winners
2029	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Asian Champions League Winners, Chinese FA Cup Winners
2030	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	1st (C)		Chinese Super League Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2031	DC United		MLS East Conference	6th		
2032/33 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	5th		Copa Argentinos Winners
2033/34 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Sudamericana Winners, Copa Argentinos Winners, Argentinian Super Cup Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners
2034/35 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Libertadores Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners
2035	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	5th		MLS Western Conference Winners
2036	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st (C)		MLS Cup Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, MLS Western Conference Winners, Leagues Cup Winners
2037	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st		MLS Western Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, Campeones Cup Winners
2038/39	Mainz FC/ Schalke 04	Bundesliga		-
2039	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	5th		
2040	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	1st		Supporters Shield Winners
2041	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	-		CONCACAF Champions League Winners
2041/42	Bayer Leverkusen	Bundesliga		4th
2042/43	Bayer Leverkusen	Bundesliga		4th
2043/44 Bayer Leverkusen	Bundesliga		6th
2044/45 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		7th
2045/46 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		1st (C)		Bundesliga Winners
2046/47 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		2nd		DFL Super Cup Winners
2047/48 RB Leipzig		Bundesliga		1st (C)		Bundesliga Winners
2048/49	-
2049/50	-
2050/51	AS Monaco		French Ligue 1		3rd		French Super Cup Winners	
2051/52	AS Monaco		French Ligue 1		3rd
2052/53 CF Valencia		La Liga			3rd		European Super Cup Winners, Copa del Rey Winners
2053/54	CF Valencia		La Liga			3rd		Spanish Super Cup Winners
2054/55	CF Valencia		La Liga			3rd
2055/56	CF Valencia		La Liga			1st (C)		La Liga winners, Spanish Super Cup Winners
2056/57 -
2057/58	Napoli			Serie A			-
2057/58	AC Milan		Serie A			4th
2058/59	AC Milan		Serie A			3rd		Europa League Winners
2059/60	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, Taca da Liga Cup Winners
2060/61	FC Porto		Superliga		3rd		UEFA Champions League Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners
2061/62	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, UEFA Super Cup Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners, Taca de Liga Cup Winners 
2062/63	FC Porto		Superliga		2nd		Portuguese Super Cup Winners, Portuguese Cup Winners, Taca da Liga Winners
2063/64	FC Porto		Superliga		1st (C)		Superliga winners, Portuguese Cup winners,Taca da Liga Winners
2064/65	FC Porto		Superliga		1st (C)		Superliga winners, Portuguese Super Cup winners
2065/66	Paris Saint Germain	French Ligue 1		1st (C)		Ligue 1 winners, Coupe de France winners, French Super Cup winners
2066/67	Liverpool		Premier League		3rd
2067/68 Liverpool		Premier League		3rd
2068/69	Juventus		Serie A			2nd		Coppa Italia Winners, Italian Super Cup Winners
2059/70	Juventus		Serie A			TBC

Year		Nation			Honours
2042-2046	France			Nations League Winners (2043)
2046-2048	Columbia
2048-2049	Nigeria
2049-2051	Morocco			African Cup of Nations Winners (2051)
2054-2055	South Korea
2057-2060	Brazil
2060-2064	Spain			World Cup Winners (2062), Nations League winners (2063)
2066-2067	South Korea		Asia Cup Winners (2067)
2067-2068	Mexico			NA Nations League Winners (2068)
2069-present	United States		

7/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League, 2030 Chinese Super League Winners, 2037 MLS Cup Winners, 2045/46 Bundesliga Winners, 2055/56 La Liga winners, 2063/64 Portuguese Superliga winners, 2065/66 Ligue 1 winners)
7/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners, 2032/33 Copa Argentinos Winners, 2053 Copa del Rey Winners, 2059 Taca de Liga Portugal Winners, 2065/66 Coupe de France winners, 2068/69 Coppa Italia Winners)
5/5 club continental championships (2026/27 CAF Champions League Winners, 2029 Asian Champions League Winners, 2034/35 Copa Libertadores Winners, 2041 CONCACAF Champions League Winners, 2060/61 UEFA Champions League Winners)

2/5 continental competitions (2051 African Cup of Nations, 2067 Asia Cup)
1/1 world tournaments (2062 World Cup)

961.png.c50e546d906ef3d9b742f26df66328c8.png379.png.b2863ec0b38c76592bb3a1858a53a2b8.png

VFL WOLFSBURG (GERMANY) & MEXICO

SEASON 2038/39

Wolfsburg | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | League Table | Transfers | Squad |

Wolfsburg Top Players | Dominic Balmer | Samet Yilmaz | Tihomir Petrovic | Antonio Marcos | Bryan Guyot

Mexico | Fixtures 2038 | Fixtures 2039 |

We started the new season at Wolfsburg needing investment in the playing staff and we managed to make a reasonably meagre budget go a long way using future installments and with player sales. With the new squad assembled I felt a bit better about things, but was expecting that we would probably be able to challenge for the Champions League but not much more than that, but we started the season very well until a loss against RB Leipzig set us back. But we kept chipping away and we were getting wins. When we hit the second part of the season is when we really hit peak form as we were not involved in Europe we only had the league to focus on and we could keep the players mostly fatigue free, and we did not suffer many injuries, and we climbed the table until we reach the top of the table towards the end of the season and Hoffenheim and Bayern Munich just could not hang with our pace, so a few games before the end of the league season it was official, we were champions. The league win was based around an improvement in defence with the likes of Marcos from Hoffenheim, and Samet Yilmaz added so many more goals up from together with Balmer who was already at the club that it was enough.

In the DFB-Pokal, we had a tricky run, but we managed to conquer our opponents until we reached the final against Schalke and there we managed to grab a very narrow win, but it would be enough to give us the double. An absolutely incredible season and turnaround from last season, where we did not look right to challenge, but the changes in playing personnel made a big difference to us and this might be our best league win so far in this challenge considering the level of improvement we managed to pull off. Our time in Germany is done and we now look to Spain as hopefully our final leg in Club management.

On the international front, we finally got a break. Mexico are a quality side and they actually made the World Cup Final where they eventually lost to Portugal in the final on penalties. Fortunately that was the moment when the long-time manager of Mexico decided it was time to step down and that gave us the opportunity to apply and get the job. So far we have only played friendlies and we have won them all. As mentioned this is a seriously good Mexican side filled with World Class players especially in the attacking positions. The Gold Cup is happening this summer so I am very expectant of victory.

All in all we are now just four trophies away from completing this challenge, we need a Spanish league title, another domestic cup, preferably the Copa del Rey, the North American Gold Cup and the European Championships to call it a wrap.

Summary

b4e1f2aa1ad1523dcd53fadde1f60c55.png

47687920943536182e443869307efcd3.png

Career Summary

64dcdacf7f1e52ff275d187e05868797.png

379.png.b2863ec0b38c76592bb3a1858a53a2b8.png

MEXICO AT THE CONCACAF GOLD CUP 2039 IN USA

Squad |

Just before the CONCACAF Gold Cup we played a final preparatory match against the Ivory Coast, one of our former teams and beat them 3-1 to head in to the tournament with confidence.

22244a7b3c3e13897c204fcfb9f92f6b.png

The opener was against El Salvador in the Cotton Bowl in Texas and we took no prisoners as we scored 10 goals past El Salvador to start off the tournament with a statement of intent. We had 7 different scorers on the night, the opposition did not really have a kick of the football.

72c052b114a8afff5265da550b650b9a.png

We were still in Texas to face Cuba, and we handed out another battering to qualify from the group, this time winning 7-0.

39e5d8cef34f8bf4261840393d9532a0.png

Trinidad & Tobago were our final opponents, still in Texas, and another battering was handed out for the final group match. Gustavo Garcia had himself a field day as he bagged 6 goals in the game, two in the final minutes to finish up an 8-0 drubbing of our Caribbean opponents.

8f44c94a08d67dba1a32cb2ac426e66d.png

The final group table looked like this. We scored 25 and conceded none in 3 games to top the group. Cuba finished in second place to advance to the next round with us.

e9170cc1ea22ef8748f0044ff939b25e.png

The Quarter Final, saw us in Pasadena, California at the Rose Bowl to face Barbados, and again it was very easy, this time Ahumada getting himself a hat-trick as we won 6-0 to book our semi final place.

463acdedd618833b5d7f5e67da002a69.png

The semi final was back in Texas at the Cotton Bowl and another drubbing as we scored 8 goals against Jamaica, Garcia bagging a hat-trick.

5e5260dd8697ba7970e3d6131cdc1377.png

The final was back in California, and we faced Canada in the final. No one expected this to be close considering our form and it really wasn't. Garcia got 4, and we got 6 as we conceded the first goals of the tournament but not in vain as we won out 6-2 winners to win the Gold Cup.

3852a290591a11099c8b0bd4cd6ea511.png

The final split looked like this. We never really had an opponent who could deal with us, we are very deserving champions considering we beat every team we played by at least four goals and did not concede until the final. The Americans had a disatrous tournament as defending champions losing to Curacao in the Quarter Final 2-1. Not a lot else to say. The best five teams in North America, are Mexico, USA, Canada, Jamaica and Curacao and four of these were in the semi finals, the only surprise was the American's display. We end our time at Mexico. It was brief, but we won every game in charge of the national side and now we will be looking for a European side to win the European Championships with.

Three more trophies to go.

Summary

69ec38ff8380e06b190fc3d9a5651834.png

Career Summary

3b820266db527b1052c71cb038abe7f6.png

mam-removebg-preview.png.28a1b90eaaacad5c3b58e6b510748d7c.png

Season 4 2023/24

A very inconsistent, frustrating season saw us eventually win a double and more importantly secure champions league football for next season. Unfortunately the cup was 'only' the Super 8 cup which doesn't count towards the challenge.

1602680351_BrentMeister_Inbox-3.thumb.png.c41184810d9f173809e18baec23114e9.png

A season of 2 halves started with us dropping points in half of our first 14 games, struggling to find any rhythm after the summer's transfer business.

697203110_1sthalf.png.4c61f272da3eb94f052e2091b525ebec.png

------------------------------

A change to a variation of the control possession preset, saw us improve markedly and we won 11 of our next 13 games to effectively seal the title, or so we thought!

1659275527_2ndhalf.png.98e9a618e80e24701a0ddf2e8dcf729c.png

----------------------------------

An amazing 6-2 defeat in which our opponents were awarded 4 penalties threatened to derail our whole season and possibly get us the sack 3 games from the end.

538789361_StellenboschFCvSundowns_Review.thumb.png.536a5cbd2cf5ba84243eb8b893684257.png

------------------------------

Fortunately for us our rivals choked on the last weekend to hand us the title.

1565991760_MaritzburgUtdvSundowns_Presentation.thumb.png.7a6c92636c4b884f15f2eb0bf81caba1.png

1717422800_BrentMeister_EndofSeasonReview.thumb.png.69c737cf1333dabaff9c4b7d0a31182d.png

------------------------------------------------

Career and challenge progression

We gained our 3rd badge this season, a national A licence.

We also took over a Cameroon team ranked 39th in the world. Hopefully we can win an AFCON cup.

Cameroon_.thumb.png.451ea5465ecd30d9b341eb31e923a61a.png

Overall I'm really enjoying the challenge. The most fun I've had playing this game in a while.

Edited by Brentmeister

LYlFq5n.png

USA at the Gold Cup

I knew this trophy was going to come down to the latter stages, with only three realistic challengers, Canada, Mexico and us.

We drew Canada in the group, along with Surinam and Martinique, top two qualify so that won't cause us trouble.

QNTmhQa.png

First up Canada, like I said one of the contenders, we drew 3-3, it will come to the other two and the goal difference wether which of us goes on as first and possibly avoid Mexico until the final

DxmJbgO.png0iffQsn.png

Not much to say about these except that we scored a lot, more than Canada so we finished first.

W02467E.png

We drew Panama in the quarters, an easy opponent on paper, but we weren't clinical at all until the stoppage time.

oxKXvub.png

The semi final was against Honduras, the game was played in the first half, in the second we just took a breather mostly and were already with our heads in the final against..

m9MeBce.png

Mexico! I knew it, we faced both rivals this tournament and this game was dreadful from both sides, I was done subbing the tired players off for the Extra Time, when McKennie took the trophy for us.

VgWSdQI.png

So second continental tournament done after the Africa cup.

In other news I got another club job with FC Seoul and spoiler it is going great!

Domestic
2024/25  Cape Town Spurs	South African Premier League	2nd			Won CAF Champions League, CAF Super League, MTN8
2026	 -					-								-			Unemployed, being picky about choosing a club
2027	 FC Seoul		K-League Classic				

International
Year	Team			Achievements
2024	USA			Reached 3rd round of the World Cup
2027	USA			Won the CONCACAF Gold Cup

Challenge Progress

Club
 1/10 domestic cups (Cape Town Spurs, Nedbank Cup, South Africa)
 1/5 club continental Championships (CAF Champions League, Cape Town Spurs)

International
 2/5 continental tournaments (Ivory Coast, Africa Cup, 2023; USA, Gold Cup, 2027)
 0/1 world tournaments 

Edited by Fizzle

Can tick the Premier League off now, so that leaves the FA Cup and FIFA World Club Cup to win. Gutted I crashed out to Crystal Palace last season but built a really strong squad for the coming season, including fixing my left side with a #90 million Wonderkid so I can hopefully push on on three fronts next season. Made a really strong start to the season as well.

Also after a bad showing in the 2037 Gold Cup, I now have the USA job so have to survive the 2038 World Cup to have a good crack at the 2039 Gold Cup, which is normally a case of beat Mexico and you have bascially won it.

Club Career

Year		Team (Country) 			League	Notes and Achievements

2020-2021	Notts County (ENG)		1st	National League Winners, FA Trophy Winners 
2021-2022	Notts County (ENG)		1st	League Two Winners
2022		IK Start (NOR)			11th	- 
2023		Rosenborg BK (NOR)		1st	Eliteserien Winners, Norwegien Cupen Winners	
2023-2024	Hertha BSC (GER)		4th	DFB-Pokal Winners
2024-2025	Hertha BSC (GER)		1st	Bundesliga Winners
2025-2026	River Plate (ARG)		1st	Copa Libertadores Winners (2025), Copa Argentina Winners (2025), Supercopa Argentina Winners (2026), Recopa Sudamericana Winners (2026), Liga Profesional de Futbal Winners (2026)				
2025-2026	Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)	2nd	-	
2026-2027	Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)	1st	Coupe de France Winners (2027), Ligue 1 Winners (2027)
2027-2028	Cruz Azul (MEX)			1st	Leagues Cup Winners (2027), Liga MX Apertura Winners (2027), Copa MX Winners (2028), Liga MX Clausura Winners (2028)
2028-2029	Cruz Azul (MEX)			1st	Campeon de Campeones Winners (2028), Campeones Cup Winners (2028), Liga MX Apertura Winners (2028), CONCACAF Champions League Winners (2029), Liga MX Clausura Winners (2029)	
2029		Guangzhou Evergrande (CHI)	1st	Chinese Super League Winners (2029)	
2030		Guangzhou Evergrande (CHI)	1st	Chinese Super Cup Winners (2030), Chinese Super League Winners (2030), AFC Champions League Winners (2030), Chinese FA Cup Winners (2030)
2030-2031	Glasgow Celtic (SCO)		1st	Scottish Premier League Winners (2031), Scottish FA Cup Winners (2031)
2031-2032	Kaizer Chiefs (RSA)		1st	Telkom Knockout Cup Winners (2031), Total CAF Confederation Cup Winners (2032), DStv Premiership Winners (2032), Nedbank Cup Winners (2032)
2032-2033	Kaizer Chiefs (RSA)		1st	MTN 8 Cup Winners (2032), DStv Premiership Winners (2033), CAF Champions League Winners (2033), Nedbank Cup Winners (2033)
2033-2034	SSC Napoli (ITA)		1st	Serie A Winners (2034)	
2034-2035	Valencia CF (ESP)		4th	Copa del Rey Winners (2035), UEFA Europa League Winners (2035)
2035-2036	Valencia CF (ESP)		1st	UEFA Super Cup (2035), Supercopa Winners (2036), La Liga Winners (2036), UEFA Champions League Winners (2036)
2036-2037	Arsenal (ENG)			1st	League Cup Winners (2037), Premier League Winners (2037)
2037-2038	Arsenal (ENG)				Community Shield Winners (2037)		

International Career

Year		Country		Notes &  Achievements
2020-2022	Georgia		-
2022-2023	Nigeria		World Cup Runners Up (2022), AFCON Winners (2023)
2025-2026	Chile		-
2026-2030	England		Nations Cup Winners (2027 & 2029), European Championship Winners (2028), World Cup Winners (2030)
2030-2031	Japan		AFC Asian Cup Winners (2031)
2034-2036	Brazil		Copa America Winners (2036)
2037-		United States

The Rules:

The 32 Competitions you must win to win the challenge

6 International Tournaments

- FIFA World Cup			- Won England (2030)
- UEFA Euros (Europe)			- Won England (2028)
- AFC Asian Cup (Asia)			- Won Japan (2031)				
- Copa America (South America)		- Won Brazil (2036)
- Gold Cup (North America)			
- AFCON (African Cup Of Nations)	- Won Nigeria (2023)				

10 Leagues
THE BIG FIVE
- La Liga (ESP)				- Valencia CF (2036)
- Premier League (ENG)			- Arsenal (2037)
- Bundesliga (GER)			- Hertha BSC (2025)
- Ligue 1 (FRA)				- Olympique Lyonnais (2027)				
- Serie A (ITA)				- SSC Napoli (2034)	

AND 5 OTHER TOP LEAGUES 
- Eliteserien (NOR) 			- Rosenborg BK (2023)
- Liga Profesional de Futbal (ARG) 	- River Plate (2026)
- Liga MX Apertura \ Clausura (MEX)	- Cruz Azul (2027/2028 & 2028/2029)
- Chinese Super League (CHI)		- Guangzhou Evergrande (2029 & 2030)
- Scottish Premier League (SCO)		- Glasgow Celtic (2031)	
- Dstv Premiership (RSA)		- Kaizer Chiefs (2032 & 2033)		

5 Champions Leagues

- UEFA Champions League (Europe)	- Valencia CF (2036)
- Asian Champions League 		- Guangzhou Evergrande (2030)		
- Copa Libertadores (South America)	- River Plate (2025)	
- North American Champions League	- Cruz Azul (2029)	
- CAF Champions League (Africa)		- Kaizer Chiefs (2033)		

FIFA Club World Cup

10 Others (Domestic Cups from 10 separate nations)

- Norwegien Cupen (NOR)			- Rosenborg BK (2023)			
- DFB-Pokal (GER)			- Hertha BSC (2024)
- Copa Argentina (ARG)			- River Plate (2025)
- Coupe de France (FRA)			- Olympique Lyonnais (2027)
- Copa MX (MEX)				- Cruz Azul (2028)
- Chinese FA Cup (CHI)			- Guangzhou Evergrande (2030)
- Scottish FA Cup (SCO)			- Glasgow Celtic (2031)  
- Nedbank Cup (RSA)			- Kaizer Chiefs (2032 & 2033)
- Copa del Rey (ESP)			- Valencia CF (2035)
-

------------------------------------------------------------

1742.png.a1a27e0347670d283f9cb05c95a4c9fc.png

REAL SOCIEDAD (SPAIN)

SEASON 2039/40

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Fixtures 3 | Transfers | Squad |

Real Sociedad Top Players | Marcos Goikoetxea | Murat Akin | Jaume Roca | Mariano Gonzalez | Alejandro Marin

We left Wolfsburg, and while we were at the Gold Cup with Mexico, the only real job that was available in Spain was the Real Socidead job. They were predicted to finish in 5th place and had a very decent team and Goikoetxea up front was a superstar, so I felt it was a team that I could do a few things with going forward. The plan was to have a decent season, get into the Champions League and then improve the team. The downside of Real Sociedad was that there was only £15m to spend. We started the season very indifferently losing 5-1 to Real Madrid at the Bernabeu and seemingly losing our away games and winning our home games, but we were able to improve the performances, catalysed by a 3-0 with at Bilbao and really we never looked back. Towards the middle of the season the league was shaping up to be a three horse race between ourselves, Real Madrid and Barcelona. We still had to make some ground up on Real Madrid and we eventually did that towards the end of the season as Barcelona fell away. Ourselves and Real were locked into a battle seemingly always sitting on the same points, with us top by virtue of our better goal difference. When we drew against Barcelona at the Nou Camp a good result in my book, Real Madrid also dropped points at Las Palmas. The end to our league season was absolutely brilliant, we went from game to game getting the points either emphatically or just scraping through and we got the end of the season having won at Valencia and beating Las Palmas at home, with now Atletico Madrid to play away. Real Madrid were equal on points and they were expected to win. We needed to win against Atletico but this was asking a lot, but in the end we raised our game and ran out very comfortable winners 3-0 at the Wanda Metropolitano to win the club their first La Liga title since 1982.

The cup was arguably a lot more straightforward and we got to the final beating second division sides and Villarreal before playing Bilbao in semi final. A 2-1 away win gave us the advantage and we sealed the tie at home 3-1 to head to the final against Barcelona, where we would be away. I went into the game expecting to lose, but we produced a wonderful last 20 minutes in the game to come back from 1-0 down to win it 3-1 and take the Copa del Rey to finish our club career, albeit the cup finished before the league so at the time I was happy but expecting that we would ultimately lose out in the league.

In the Europa League we got through our group and managed to get through the likes of AC Milan, Southampton and Red Bull Salzburg to book our place in the final against Arsenal in Lisbon, and in extra time we managed to win that too, ending up 4-2 winners. A perfect season and an unexpected one. I knew we had quality but I am surprised we were able to not only compete in the league but across all competitions and in the end walk away with a treble in our first and only season at Real Sociedad.

With that we are now left with just one trophy left to win and that is the European Championships. We currently do not have an international job and with the tournament about 2 weeks away I don't think we will be competing in this one but we will likely have our pick of jobs after the tournament and time to build to the 2044 European Championships.

Summary

32cf9a1814e283451c03c688f76934c7.png

Career Summary

803eb2aa0f92e5d70487152e0f0ea91d.png

769.png.670caf5c01070386ea893c0ea529f7b3.png

FRANCE

SEASON 2040

2040 Fixtures | Nations League Group |

We did not get a job before the Euros, so we missed that competition. After the tournament we had a host of offers, including the likes of Belgium, Italy and England. But we decided to opt for Les Bleus and take over as manager of France. The goal is to win the Euros in 4 years time and I think they have a decent team that will improve in the coming time. Our only job for the remainder of the year was to navigate a tough Nations League Group that contained the Netherlands, Spain and Russia. Despite a loss away to Spain, we managed to win the other 5 games and qualify top of our group to advance to the Semi Finals next year.

Summary

157ca4b5c268db9ec3ea3deb9243d1c5.png

Career Summary

FRANCE

SEASON 2041

Fixtures 2041 | World Cup Qualifying |

We had the World Cup 2042 in Russia to qualify for and the Nations League Finals to contend with this year. In the Nations League which was disputed in Portugal we faced Belgium in the semi final and got past them 4-1 to set up a tie against Portugal in the final. This is a Portugal side ranked number 1 in the World, World Champions from 3 years ago, Euro semi finalists from last year and playing at home and somehow we won  8-1 to win the Nations League. A strange match but very welcome as we pick up our second Nations League trophy to add to the one we won with England.

In World Cup Qualifying we had a group consisting of Turkey, Bulgaria, Belarus and North Macedonia. The long and short of it was that we won every game to qualify for the World Cup, without conceding a goal during the whole of qualification. So no problems there.

Summary

e4ffb3699d6bb08d7ddddcd9ec96df51.png

Career Summary

FRANCE AT 2042 WORLD CUP IN RUSSIA

Squad | Pre World Cup Friendlies |

137898e67cc0e0fc29ce053de74a6aac.png

The group opener was in Yekaterinburg, and we got a nice easy win against Paraguay winning 4-0, to start the tournament in the best way.

aec4f1ffae2c1c43e99b64bd1a531505.png

We were still in Yekaterinburg for the final group game and we came through against New Zealand 2-0 to win the group.

b5c35b6c8a46514390709df261ba942a.png

The final group looked like this, we won the group and New Zealand finished in 2nd place. Paraguay are heading home following their heavier loss to us.

eda87c5962a2d07dee54ef3a950aafc6.png

We were in Moscow to play the Second Round against Denmark, and it obviously went very wrong for Denmark as we ran out incredibly 11-0 winners against the Scandinavian side.

50f5e31232135cb48cd9ebe5905cec8c.png

The Third round, we were in Nizniy Novgorod for a Third Round tie against England and we dominated the tie winning 4-1 in the end to advance to the Quarter Final

43b9d1aff6f38f1a1f6bae4bdf3da4c1.png

The Quarter Final was in Rostov, against our former side and World Cup winners Brazil. They took the lead but we responded very well to going a goal down and ended up coming through to win 4-1 on the night.

36590aa12d65e2c907968270fcc63961.png

The semi final was in Moscow and this time we had the Germans. There was no drama for us however as we won emphatically 4-0 to send the Germans crashing out and advancing us to the final to be played in Moscow a few days later.

23400ebf6c0af590a78f804d7f2cc43c.png

Reigning World Champions Portugal lay in the final and we had beaten them 8-1 just a few months before in Nations League but on this day we could not find the net and they got ahead and that was that. We lose in the final and Portugal make it back to back World Cup wins.

2f96f95001a06c080bd1982d3304d039.jpg

This is the final split. Ireland again had a good World Cup making the Quarter Final stage but losing to eventual champions Portugal. Serbia who are a team on the up and up got to the semi final before they also lost to the eventual winners. Italy crashed out to Colombia in the Third Round which was a shock. It was a good tournament from us, just a shame we fell at the last hurdle in the end but it is the European Championships we are aiming for so I hope we can go one better when that tournament comes around.

Summary

415a4359e6cf31e982d2385939a50513.png

Career Summary

2037/38

See the source image

- REAL MADRID -

After only managing to come runners up in la liga and win the copa del rey last season the only goal this season was to win the league.

COPA DEL REY

image.png.60ba75f33cf4325e9409b96717a25b1e.png

Trophy successfully retained.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

image.png.567b0fb0d08e7f9ae56531c49e7d8cef.png

Came unstuck against my old side Bayern despite bossing both games!

LA LIGA

image.png.e473a6b0777a3132af27bd4924f3633c.png

Think this might be the best season I have ever had in nearly 30 years of playing cm/fm! Scored 100 gls and only conceded 8 all season.

Sociedad were keeping the pace in the first half of the season so I turned to the dark arts play book and tried to unsettle their main striker by declaring him as a top transfer target and bidding on him. He became disgruntled and Sociedad went to pot badly.

INTERNATIONAL

See the source image

-BRAZIL-

WORLD CUP 38' (SOUTH AFRICA)

After losing the last 2 world cup finals with England against Spain and Spain against England it was time to get the world cup in the bag.

I didn't feel going in we hadn't the strongest of squads especially up front.

image.thumb.png.5f01746671c8dfce8213937e906f1549.png

Ireland were easily beaten 4-1 however a 0-0 draw with Algeria was cause for concern.... onto the knockouts

image.png.cc60c2b53414e499083b4ea8d916740d.png

Get ahead and locking up was the name of the game as we surrendered possession and shots against Germany, Spain and Argentina. It was pleasing to avenge the copa america final defeat against Argentina in the semi's. Holders England took Scotland apart 3-0 in the other semi

image.png.6e8cbec5a5b6c0f3a38b2649a556072f.png

3 World cup finals lost in a row :seagull: No complaints with result.

No international tournaments managed to be ticked off in the last 10 seasons!

WHAT'S NEXT

Winning La Liga on top of last seasons copa del rey means it will be time to move on from Spain.

France is the last of the big 5 leagues I need to win but PSG have only just changed manager midway through last season so I think it will be time to look at going into Asia or Africa. Preferably with one of the rich clubs in the Chinese super league.

Internationally provided I do not get sacked with Brazil I will stay on for the next copa america. There seems a decent crop of younger players coming through so hopefully by the next world cup we should be ready to contend again. Half way there 16/32 done

image.thumb.png.b41cc80d576441930454e59fa8d136da.png

image.png.df86a66cfadd529e41cf5f6a270ea9d0.png

FRANCE

SEASON 2042

Fixtures 2042 | Nations League Group

After the disappointment of losing in the World Cup Final, we headed into the Nations League again where we faced Spain again and Slovakia and Wales. The story of the group was two draws against the Spanish and wins against Wales and Slovakia and that was enough for us to sneak through the group on the same points as the Spanish to make the semi finals next year. We are now in the build up to the Euros so the goal will be to qualify from our group for the Euros and hopefully win the European Championships in 2044. Our qualifying group looks pretty manageable with Slovakia, Sweden, Czech Republic and San Marino for company we should win that group.

Summary

bc2cae6bac5395fdd5c242652ceac950.png

Career Summary

FRANCE 

SEASON 2043

2043 Fixtures | Euro 2044 Qualifying Group

In the Nations League this time hosted in England, we made the final beating Portugal in the Semi Final but lost emphatically to Germany in the final which is starting to become a bit of a trend, now we have lost the World Cup Final and Nations League Final in consecutive years. In the Euros Qualification we had a group of Sweden, Czech Republic, Slovakia and San Marino. We made it through winning every game, no really dramas at all. We go forward to the Euro hosted in the Ukraine and Poland in 2044 looking to end this challenge, although if we don't it will be another long 4 years until we get another chance.

Summary

3f16bfb1660074264dbf00b54d53f9c5.png

Career Summary