The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy, January 1st did not came with good news for us at all. The board just announced that we are in a struggling financial position and just out of nowhere reduced the wage budget by approximately 20%, leaving us in the red. We are now sitting around 500k above the newly established wage budget and our overall balance is around -2.5 M. Not sure what to do, should I sell to go under it again (by selling 3 or 4 of our best players we could maybe do it, but then do we even stand a chance?) or just ignore the finances and concentrate on the playing field (we are looking rather good in the relegation battle at the moment and if we don't screw this up we should remain in Bundesliga 2). Will the prize money from our position in Bundesliga 2 at the end of the season be enough to cover this debt? So many answers and no really straight solution. I know Aachen are a financial mess in real world but did not expect it to go south this rapid in FM also.

Karl-der-Grose_-Inbox-346db4633fb83bc9c.png

Karl-der-Grose_-Inbox-485f6aaef1575766f.png

TSV-Alemannia-Aachen_-Summary1b43e1ea62bfbf67.png

On 11/08/2021 at 02:40, Deicide said:

A couple of questions regarding sold players that have a % of next transfer clause in their contracts:

How is the amount on the sell now clause calculated? I see it rise or fall depending on the player.

I think it has something to do with the value and wage, but I'm not sure. I usually don't do it, unless I'm not using the player at all, and at that point any money in is nice.

On 11/08/2021 at 02:40, Deicide said:

Will the % of next sell on clause be canceled if they sign a new contract or does it only get canceled if they are released? I'm curious because the three players that I've sold only signed 2 year contracts.. currently scouting them to see if they have contract extension clauses. I'm not sure if I should take the money now and improve my facilities if possible.

Is there a reason why the sell on clause and the sell now clause aren't showing up for a player that I sold a 2 months ago?

Only if they are released. It shouldn't go away for any other reason than the player being released or the clause fulfilled.

17 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Oh boy, January 1st did not came with good news for us at all. The board just announced that we are in a struggling financial position and just out of nowhere reduced the wage budget by approximately 20%, leaving us in the red. We are now sitting around 500k above the newly established wage budget and our overall balance is around -2.5 M. Not sure what to do, should I sell to go under it again (by selling 3 or 4 of our best players we could maybe do it, but then do we even stand a chance?) or just ignore the finances and concentrate on the playing field (we are looking rather good in the relegation battle at the moment and if we don't screw this up we should remain in Bundesliga 2). Will the prize money from our position in Bundesliga 2 at the end of the season be enough to cover this debt? So many answers and no really straight solution. I know Aachen are a financial mess in real world but did not expect it to go south this rapid in FM also.

Karl-der-Grose_-Inbox-346db4633fb83bc9c.png

Karl-der-Grose_-Inbox-485f6aaef1575766f.png

TSV-Alemannia-Aachen_-Summary1b43e1ea62bfbf67.png

the prize money from 2.liga will fix it all, don't sell :)

14 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

Hitchin_Town_F.C..png.4468a7d5f3e0b3bc7b366801cd7d797e.png

2042/43 - Season 22

Championship - 3rd

Season Summary

What a season, I'm exhausted after that. It was a real roller coaster and at times we were amazing!

League - I would have been happy with a nice boring season of consilidation but my team had other ideas. We shot out the blocks and put together a great run from the very start. We hit top after a dozen or so games and heading into February we were 5 points clear at the top. The next run of games gave us our first real test. The next 6 matches had games against the teams in 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th. Come through that and I might start to believe that promotion was a realistic prospect. The first two games were home games against Brentford and Birmingham, sitting 2nd and 3rd. We lost the first 3-0 and then, against Birmingham, we at least managed to score 3. They scored 7 though. So suddenly, two defeats down and we had 3 away games, 2 of which were against play-off chasing teams. We won them all, then won the next one to get our promotion charge back on track. At this stage, the table looked like this:-

43ninegameslefttoplay.JPG.9c688261011c1d32e827197b73ae33c9.JPG

The next few games saw us, Bretford and Birmingham pretty muc match each other result for result as none of us seemed to want to take the initiative.

With 4 games to go the top of the table had all three of us within a point of each other. 

43fourgamestogo.JPG.03b357b94301240e92dfb3de25c30a43.JPG

And then we self-destructed, with a draw and a defeat against teams in the lower half of the table. 

With 2 to play Brentford and Birmingham played before us and both won. They were now 4 and 5 points ahead, meaning we had to go to Middlesbrough and get a result. And did we - we beat them 9-0!

So, into the final weekend.....

43onegamelefttoplay.JPG.b37db6f5f040e895de87ef280e9c9b19.JPG

We had to win and hope Birmigham and/or Brentford slipped up. We did our job, beating Stoke 1-0 but so did they, both with 1-0 victories also. So, direct promotion was missed by a point and it was into the play-offs 

43leaguetable.JPG.6b2e6963f39828c6bb920501d7e20a32.JPG

We were up against Fulham, who we had already done the double against. They beat us 3-2 in the first leg and then 4-2 in the second leg and our season was over. So close yet so far!

FA Cup - We finally got our wish! A draw away at a top premier league team!

42thirdrounddraw.JPG.4ae843461ca8d71a044c42ff9e55eae9.JPG

And the result?

Reveal hidden contents

43manu6us1.JPG.2aa9f90d0da075a2d4ddf303bca6b2c1.JPG

Gate receipts of 1.5m squids though, which was nice.

Players

Amazing performance from the lads. The first choice XI is here:-

43bestXI.JPG.64e4fcabc210acc106ed66f9ab344c41.JPG

Christopher Agyemang 36A - He's back, baby! after two underwhelming seasons by his standards he was back to his best this season. 34 goals from a new strikers role was a brilliant return. Now 23, he's scored 235 goals for us and his value rocketed up to £6m. A new 5 year contract was duly offered and signed!

Claudio Barcham-Driver 40A - He was brilliant for the first half of the season, so much so that when he got injured in December and misssed 5 games we lost 3, drew 1 and only won 1 (albeit 7-4!). He was that important. His influence slipped after christmas a bit but he was still a really important player for us. Got the goal of the season as well! Valued at £5m at 19 as well. Nice!

barchamgoal.gif.e0476d6a573cd486ebad8b62c782f330.gif

Jayden Buckle 37E - The big surprise of the season. Started as the very minor part of my attacking triumvirate, I offered him a new contract at the start of the season. He insisted on a 6m release clasue, how i laughed at the idea of anyone offering that for him and I readily agreed. 35 goals and an amzing breakthrough season later he is valued at 6.25m and is playing silly beggars with a new contract. D'oh

Elliot Ainsley-Portas 37A - But this lad is the real breakout star of the season. He is amazing either in midfield or up front which makes him riduclously handy in a save like this. He mainly played in midfield but stepped in up front if any of the triumvirate were injured. He was great wherever he played. Only 20 still and will only get better, I hope

Youth

So, another golden generation promised! It doesn't really mean anything, does it?

43youthpreview.JPG.9bd0f5e8abb76f197262acbb7e03f5d7.JPG

The intake wasn't too bad I guess. I signed up about 9 of them

43youthintake.JPG.1a38cbebb544a26d1c0facde425cad96.JPG

They think Khalil is the better prospect, I reckon Considine. Time will tell I guess!

43khalil.JPG.1bbebf0b3ed07ea3503c88228eeb477f.JPG

Finances and Upgrades

Quite an exciting year. The money from the cup game was lovely and I immediately spent it

43youthfacilitiesimprove.JPG.172961fdd26a96a40a21c1341e107609.JPG

43trainingfacilities.JPG.f9a6fea755d187b59c747f02a3383f50.JPG

But the most exciting thing might be the new stadium being built for us!

43newstadium.JPG.e5cb62f45a72e788519fa731c3164fcc.JPG

The only way is up!

Career

43career.JPG.fa2b368441edba43878c3fc698005c5a.JPG

What a season! Superb

Unlucky in the play offs

13 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

really mixed feelings tbh.

I'd have been hammered week in/week out if I had gone up but the money would have been immense!

Yeah the money is a game changer and enables all the facilities to get improved 

Edited by Padders

Polonia Warsaw - Season 9 (spoiler)

I could not wait till i finish the season....had to share this intake with you guys

i'm a 5 year old level of excitement!

BEST INTAKE EVER...

who can spot why?

57bdr13.png

2 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

I could not wait till i finish the season....had to share this intake with you guys

BEST INTAKE EVER...

who can spot why?

57bdr13.png

You have a Jean Pierre :lol::lol:

The sweet aroma of 11 club-trained players:

521411179_CupGame.PNG.237becf9c04bb6591b0beadacde19cdf.PNG

57 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

BEST INTAKE EVER...

who can spot why?

57bdr13.png

Nice to see someone finally in Poland after me :) I never had such good start evern in Poland. 1 season promotion second european games great to see your doing well :)

1 hour ago, Sn00gle said:

Nice to see someone finally in Poland after me :) I never had such good start evern in Poland. 1 season promotion second european games great to see your doing well :)

Thanks...I was losing focus...this season was best so far. and this intake ...well it gives another reason to continue with this save.

Garbarnia Kraków - Profil klubu | Transfermarkt
Garbarnia Kraków - 2033/34

Squad - League - Finances - Transfers

This is just quick update as I was impresed about @the_hdk Polonia run. To be honest Idk what is going on as I finished season long time ago and stoped playing for a while. I know that I didn't played again in Polish Cup after promotion (IDK I still think its a bug in game). Squad is quite poor with 3 cool prospects. One GK, Sałamaj 09a which probably will go to Napoli and new intake Hudzik 13a. Porably will have to hold and pray for staying into league. Comparing my save to HDK its like heaven and earth haha. Will see. I lost track of this save and mental sync so mby I will start new run also in Poland but mby with fun database which give ability to start in lower leagues.

image.thumb.png.1eaaf7a4223538fc8490366b55ba022b.png

7 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

Thanks...I was losing focus...this season was best so far. and this intake ...well it gives another reason to continue with this save.

I have always tactial problems in new FM and with training to develop youth. I wont say this run with Garbania is great because 13 seasons without any good dac upgreat is sad.

On 11/08/2021 at 06:10, The7Striker said:

I don't want to deceive you but it will depend on the value you sell for and the value the player is sold on from the other team.

The clauses only disappear if the player is sold (unless you put the % of the next sale clause and the selling team too, in which case you will still have some more money in the future), or they are released. Sign contracts with the same club, keep everything the same at the transfer level agreed with you. If you have the € symbol, you can sell that clause too and it will disappear.

I dont think that is a bug but im not 100% sure. It could mean that the club did not agreed with the board a value for the clause sell.

Ok thanks. Figured as much but wanted to be sure.

Yeah the € symbol (sell now clause) reappeared and disappeared again. Im guessing its either a game bug or a skin bug.

1 hour ago, libbyshuss said:

Olisadebe? I did smile when I saw him!

If he would play like father ;)
Foreign regens in Poland are quite unique so I'm always more interested with them as they can play in u19 or 21 and then been sold for big money.

Just now, XaW said:

200px-Folkestone_Invicta_F.C._logo.png

Folkestone Invicta - Season 2033/34 (Season 13) Review - Sky Bet Championship

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

A much improved performance from last season, and we were very close to a magical promotion to the Premier League before failing at the last hurdle. The season didn't start fantastic as we looked like a mid-table side for the first quarter of the season. A bit after that we slowly started to climb up, and around the half way mark we were hanging around the playoff spots. From then on we were in the fight for a promotion spot, even climbing as high as into the actual promotion spots at a few times. Towards the end though, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United pulled away, while only Birmingham sort of followed to fight for an automatic promotion spot. We secured our playoff spot with a few matches to go, and thus had a shot at going up. In the semi final we beat Aston Villa at home before managing to hold them to a draw away and went on to the final. Here we faced Birmingham in what was a close fought match, but they were very efficient and took their chances. So even though we lost the playoff final 1-5, we were about equal in xG (1.12 vs 1.67). A promotion already might have been too soon, so I'm not overly disappointed by it, it simply bodes well for the future.

In the FA Cup we lost to Liverpool in the 3rd round.

In the EFL Cup we beat Colchester before losing to Bournemouth in the 2nd round.

We should move into the new stadium during the off season, so our capacity should be more than doubled next season. I also managed to get the board to approve a higher youth level, so we shall see if it happens this summer. Part of that is also improving the youth facilities and that just finished.

Youth

TWZEtwR.png

Quite a clear gap between the good and the rest in this intake, but at least we got in 3 talented players.

MMSEK6q.png

The name alone is amazing, but Silver Klavan 34b is a very talented winger/striker as well.

m9SZ8Wq.png

U18 team:

In the U18 Youth Alliance League South-East they got the 4th title in a row as we are becoming too good for this league. Maybe the new youth level will bump us up.

In the U18 Youth Alliance Cup they won their group ahead of Bristol Rovers, Millwall, Northampton, and Newport County. Then we lost to Southend in the quarter final.

In the FA Youth Cup they beat Norwich and Wigan before losing to Arsenal in the 5th round.

Statistics:

Reveal hidden contents

We added Estonia this season.

Ibtom4A.png

NPGxVM8.png

8A0UcE0.png

EtqEYNX.png

3BDm2e1.png

f9t7Yi2.png

Trophy cabinet:

Sky Bet League Two - 2029/30
Vanarama National League - 2028/29
Vanarama National League South - 2026/27
(U18) Youth Alliance League South-East - 2030/31, 2031/32, 2032/33, 2033/34

EFL Trophy - 2030/31
FA Trophy - 2028/29

8dF15ns.png

I see new generation of Estonian young players went all in in FM as well :) Very nice player.

6 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

I see new generation of Estonian young players went all in in FM as well :) Very nice player.

Yeah, both the name and the player is awesome! :D

6 hours ago, The7Striker said:

Reports dont say nothing about that.

They make one good season...well i need to move now :lol:

you can kinda guess based on their peronality. From top of my head Driven, Ambitious and Fairly Ambitious or Fickle have good chance to have high ambition.

Vikeologist's 35th Folkestone Intake Report and 31st Intake Review 

See the source image

20210812170916_1.thumb.jpg.5bb2a5e0f6522a6f2c64ad1ad4be38da.jpg

My top prospect looks like a lot of work. Promising and not exactly a bad personality, but will need to be treated with kid gloves. I’m even going to give him the nickname.

20210812170921_1.thumb.jpg.9af439619449c64963eec989af9aa51e.jpg

Colin 'Kid Gloves' Joseph 35a – Temperamental, meaning I can’t fine him to get his determination (15 which is fine) or work rate (6 which is not) up. It also means that his professionalism is not very high, and might be rock bottom. I won’t play him this season, unless I have an unexpected match with nothing to play for. Hopefully I can mentor some professionalism into him, otherwise he’s not going to realise his potential, and I really need him to realise his potential.

Apart from Colin, there’s not much to like here. You never know, but unless they have a professional personality, I’m dumping everyone with 3 stars or less potential.

YP31 Review

This is what  wrote at the time;

“The intake doesn’t look great, and it certainly could have been better, but the top prospect has a media description of ‘promising’, which hasn’t happened much. The ‘b’ prospect is a goalkeeper, which is useful because it’s been a few years since we’ve had a good goalie come through.

There could be a few decent players here, but always, I don’t need decent”.

Brett Evans 31a- His media description doesn’t call him promising any more, but he still has decent potential. However, I have basically never given him a chance because I’ve had a lot of central midfielders come through, and he’s fallen through the cracks. He’s been on loan in League 2 the last 2 seasons, and he’s done fine, but has played for us a grand total of 5 times. He’s just not developed enough to merit a place, but my 34a was also a central midfielder and I’ve given him lots of chances. Need to keep him at the club next season, work on his Balanced personality and give him a chance.

Abdulrahman Zayed 31b – Goalkeeper was a problem for a few seasons. I sold my starter in the expectation that one of the promising youngsters would improve, and they didn’t. eventually I took the plunge and threw Abdul into the starting eleven, and he has developed, but he’s still not great. Still supposed to have huge potential though. He is at least now my best goalie. He is the basket that I have all my eggs in.

Tom Thomas 31c – A model citizen. Unfortunately that’s the only good thing about him.

Jamie Partington 31d- Defender on loan in League 2. He might factor into the first team at some point. My defence is awful.

Danny Fagbohun 31g – I nearly didn’t spot that he was in this intake. He’s one of my starting central midfielders. Why him and not the 31a? Determined rather than professional, I don’t know why he improved and Brett Evans didn’t.

11 hours ago, the_hdk said:

Polonia Warsaw - Season 9

hKd5pZy.png

League

4SkDpwE.png

League Stats / Transfers / Best 11

So maybe our best season so far...was not enough for championship. Legia was just amazing. Only 2 lost games...they ware unbeaten for most of the season. They really earned their 18th championship!. But...we qualified for Champions  league...somehow. I guess Poland gained spots in Europe. We are going to draw strong countries so small chance to pass compared to championship spot. HALUCH was again MVP. Our young capitan was sadly injured again for more than a month and we really felt when he was not playing. Also he earned his first TopScorer trophy and 2nd best player of the season. LEWINSKI was sold to Israeli club as he didnt want to extend his contract and TOMCZYK was on par with stars. Rookie season for TOMCZYK was ok. But nothing crazy. Oldie KOLODZIEJ wanted a new challange (at 22 years old!) Inter Miami came and offered a decent but not great amount. STACHURSKI took over his spot and KLEPACKI (who was at loan at Rakow) took over the rotation CB spot. Next seaosn is going to see many changes. The great youngsters form 2 seaosn ago have grown up...and are on par with stars with some 1st team players (or close to it) but have 4,5 star potential so few players are going to join first team.

Cup was again horrible, lost in first round to Slask Wroclaw. Europe went AMAZING. We managed to beat Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) in qualies!! We peaked at the right moment and earnd ALOT of money....LIKE ALOT! Over the whole year 17mln! (and that is after we improved our youth facilities!).

Champions League

gOsM5TW.png

YNkYkSc.png

Could have been worse! Really a bad draw, but we still managed to draw Inter Milan (ITA) and Real Madrid (SPA) at home!. It can only go better in the future!

Season Stats

zquItGG.png

Ahh yeas we did win teh Polish SuperCup!. My first Cup with Polonia!. The average of 8k is higher than our stadium capacity of 7k, that is becuase for euope we used the National Stadium in Warsaw (51k cap).

0pP0U2F.png

And we bought the stadium so hopefully we can expand and modernize it a bit!.

Affiliates

X3ywxXQ.png

Two new ones! I got tired of getting my Nigerian clubs rejected so I accepted a Bosian club with Exceptopnal youth coaching...and Ruch Chorzow who will be a great club for loaning players out.

Youth

Predicted Youth intake

jYQph72.png

And now to the best part of this season....we got a French regen!....and....and....my ingame SON! :D and he actually has some potential!

The Frenchie..FALLEMPIN, geat teamwork and work rate! but does not excel in anything yet.

YNiCfra.png

and let me introduce you to....Jacques 'Jacek' OLISADEBE! High bravery and work rate....also his ability is going up well. Half Polish, Half Nigerian. With me as Father in relationships! :D
so EXCITED....he actually can become a 1st team player. this is only 2nd time i got this in FM...and last time my in-game son..had ZERO potantial.

(Technically Jacek = Hyazinth, but I like Jacques more)

U5eodt7.png

Youth Stats

vbgRKuz.png

so yeah...one Frenchie :)

Great intake and facilities!

1301256.png.761f6a628859e706e8711c8d00aae8b2.png

Karsiyaka 2024/2025 (4 Season)

Finances  Transfers  Released  Squad  

For the first time, finances are in the green. Almost 5M for the TV rights and around 250k per win and 150k per draw.
Lost 2 star players, Yilmaz (board decision) and Alaaddin in January (did not wanted to renew). That money payed the tranning facilities and youth facilities upgrade but made the team a bit weaker.
The rest of the players didn't have what it took for this division so they were sold or released.
Some new face that i hope that will develop nicely and help the team out.

Upgrades:

Course: Continental C Licence  + Continental B Licence

Facilities: Training + Youth Facilities + Youth Coach + YR

Ziraat Turkiye Kupasi

Cup.PNG.bec7fefc56fe95deb7bf228ef10302b5.PNG

One more year, one more awesome cup run. This time we reach the Quarters of Final but vs a Super Fenerbaçe we had no arguments.

SuperLig

Table.PNG.d9c16ba4c134f3762672b129c9221d72.PNG

Games I  Games II

Oh boy. After losing Yilmaz at first and then Alaaddin I thought we'd be doomed to relegation but other 3 stars start so shine and we overperformance to an astonishing 7th place. Poor Yilmaz, going back to TFF 1.Lig.

Fenerbaçe is the new PSG since 2020/2021 as Champions.

Top Newgens

Burhan.PNG.f7033e8c3f83f4d3aed1664ebb4f56a4.PNG

Ercan.PNG.f93fcf17b531c52ee791a5b1c064fa66.PNG

Furkan.PNG.87cf519407f88f6cf937cbd8e35dba2c.PNG

Burhan was my key replacement for Alaaddin and boy he did the job done.
Ercan was Yilmaz replacement. He can play both as Striker or LW but he did some damages as a Striker, so he should keep this place in the team.
After the main GK was injured we called the backup called Furkan and the rest was history, he grabbed the place.

Youth Intake 2025

880219770_YI2025.thumb.PNG.95aedb03a202425788b9ecd9bfa54529.PNG

Even with some investment YI wasnt that good but i belive we have some nice hopes for the future.

Best Prospects

160663826_ErolYI.PNG.c015f09cd72dc70772022e3e87a813e7.PNG

1721450076_SadikYI.PNG.bfd7f2db4ff812e6fa25d07e43689f72.PNG

The Bulgarian striker is the shinning hope by the RW.
Sadik is another RB with some CB potencial but we really need a RB and this guy have it all so i will the the risk.

Edited by The7Striker

7 minutes ago, Padders said:

Fantastic @XaW in very quick time as well

Yeah, took a while to get out of the VNS, but from then on, things have gone quite quick. Think I'm still a long way off competing in the PL though. My best 11 is good Championship quality, but the backups are a lot of L1 players...