The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

Polonia Warsaw - Season 7

X2ktLn9.png

League

NONyiuC.png

League Stats / Transfers / Best 11

Not as good as last season, but still better than the year we got the championship. We managed to get to the Conference League again. Legia was again too mighty. Their 17th Championship. We lost 2nd place I think due to the fact that we lost and drew Wisla. As we do have a better goal difference. Mighty Gornik relagated. Overall no real breakthrough stars this seaosn. MILEWSKI and GORSKI had to pull teh wagon as HALUCH was injured alot. PRZYGODA nearly left us as Salzburg bid 3,6 mln. I quickly accepted but he declined our offer. And ofcourse the sale of LUSIUSZ. Our wonderkid. 7,75mln to Paris SG. He has yet to make his debut in first team, and I doubt he will anytime soon as they have 3 goalkeepers that are better. GRZYBOWSKI was recalled from loan to Resovia to replace him mid-season. BOGUSKI went back to centrer defense and our old captain GOLINSKI left to Pogon Szczecin. He wanted a new challange and was annoying and STACHURSKI really made some steps and is on par with our 2 other center defenders so I sold GOLINSKI. JANIK left to Italy on bosman. Not a big loss as he was already at max potential stars.

We did again badly in the cup. This time lost to our affiliate GKS Belchatow in 2nd round. In Europe third year in the row we cannot pass 2nd knockout round. In qualies we beat Debrecen (HUN), Dundee United (SCO) and suprisignly Genk (BEL). The group was really easy this year. PAOK (GRE) finished behind us and Hajduk Split (CRO) and Vorskla (UKR) dot knocked out. As we won the group we qualiefied directly to 2nd round where we got destroyed by Hoffenheim (GER) 1-6 (we did recover a bit at home 2-1). 

odP57fo.png

11uZ4RK.png

No new affiliates. We keep getting offers from the chairmen of Serbian or Bulgarian teams, but I want to choose a Nigerian team. ZTE promoted to highest level in Hungary. We improved our Training facilities and Youth facilities will be upgraded soon.
Horrible downfall of average public...from 5,2k back to 3,9k. Not good.

Sale of Lusiusz

0MIj8ao.png

ABPLqul.png

Here our biggest sale to date (due to our board). I still think I could milk atleast 10mln and 50%. But yeah...I'm going to save and hoard money like a dragon for a few years so this does not happen again.

Youth

tBkJ80u.png

XNI0Fin.png

Yeah...I made a booboo.  I forgot to make a screeshot of the intake. I though I did...but sadly no...so I recreated it in Excel. (I do that every year anyway). ALOT of 4,5 star potentials. Ofcourse this is after LUSIASZ left  so who know how good they really are. Overall happy with the intake. Lets hope this year has the quality to give us teh next step and fight again for the championship in year or 2-3.

SARNKOWSKI is the goalkeeper talent that I hope will get into the first team. Not LUSIASZ level talent...but higher potential than our 1st goaly.

hQgBim0.png

JARON, besides being a handsome devil, is a future first team wingback.  I'm re-training him to also be good at LB so I can rotate him.

lsuWkQz.png

WOJTASZEK coudl be either our new midfielder or CB. I will need to make a choice this summer as to where we will need him more.

Nu7uERY.png

No foreign youth intake this year. Weird that I only got two lithuanians...and now its like teh game forgot about the link.

6RQDg5V.png

This year I got one big offer!! From Roma...in RL nobody would decline them (working at Polonia).

IEM8lND.png

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, libbyshuss said:

that's why i always try to finish the day on a loss! i can't stand saving in the middle of a good run!

5 hours ago, Padders said:

Yeah I know what you mean but don't like finishing on a loss either and just gone top when I turned it off so was shutting down on a high

I always save heading into a home game but it looks like you did that, @Padders

Thinking of seriously joining the challenge as a last fun in FM21. There are two problems I am currently facing:
- no. 1 - I am playing this on FM Touch (thanks wife and kids) so worried that youth intakes are again smaller than average (3-4 players for a club with poor facilities and maybe 7-8 for better ones). Does any of you guys play this in current version of Touch, how have you coped with this? (In previous iterations I picked clubs with a larger number of initial players just to dim that effect of small intakes during the years).
- no. 2 - The question we all have when doing this. Who should I play with? After eliminating countries which are unappealing to me (which include all Britain, summer leagues and really poor leagues), and considering I am only interested in Europe, I do currently have a shortlist of two big countries (Italy, Germany) and two medium countries (Greece, Switzerland). Now, in the bigger countries the youths might be better overall, but you'll face more serious competition to the top, while in medium countries your chances of winning Champions League are much smaller, and probably you'll need the league to grow with you a bit also to be successful. 
I am not really a newbie, played this challenge in multiple editions (even did pretty good back in FM17 I think), but any advice from you guys playing this in FM21 would be greatly appreciated. 

14 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

I am playing this on FM Touch (thanks wife and kids) so worried that youth intakes are again smaller than average (3-4 players for a club with poor facilities and maybe 7-8 for better ones). Does any of you guys play this in current version of Touch, how have you coped with this? (In previous iterations I picked clubs with a larger number of initial players just to dim that effect of small intakes during the years).

I think some have played it before, but not sure if anyone have finished it on FM Touch. I expect it to be EITHER easier or harder, mostly due to how intakes roll, as well as the differences around morale etc. No clue about this, but I expect it to be hard the first seasons, just like it is for the full fat version tough.

16 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

The question we all have when doing this. Who should I play with? After eliminating countries which are unappealing to me (which include all Britain, summer leagues and really poor leagues), and considering I am only interested in Europe, I do currently have a shortlist of two big countries (Italy, Germany) and two medium countries (Greece, Switzerland). Now, in the bigger countries the youths might be better overall, but you'll face more serious competition to the top, while in medium countries your chances of winning Champions League are much smaller, and probably you'll need the league to grow with you a bit also to be successful. 

It kind of depends. I think that Germany could be the "easiest" country to play this. Since it's only 3 tiers and a very strong league. The major issue there would be beating Bayern and then the CL could be a bit of a coin toss at times. England is much harder with so many leagues and you start with much worse players. In the smaller countries, it's often easier to become a big fish in a small pond, but then you have the challenge of Europe that is much harder. So I'd say the question is; What is easiest to handle? Being mid-table for many seasons, or winning the league, but not making way in Europe?

CA Brown de Adrogue vs Club Atletico Los Andes Live Stream & Prediction

Club Atlético Los Andes

2021 - 2022

League | Squad Profile: Quintana

After losing my previous Kozakken Boys game in a computer crash, I have decided to embark on a new challenge - this time on another continent:

Los Andes is located on the outskirts of Buenos Aires and plays at the large Estadio Eduardo Gallardón with a capacity of 35542 spectators. My first season went beyond all expectation. A series of good results led us to 2nd place in 2nd Division A, which gave access to the play-offs for promotion. Here, however, we lost in the semifinals of the somewhat more famous Tigre.

The team is fairly well composed in terms of age, however with a couple of older men in the back chain and Scasserra (34) on the right wing. On the other hand, we have a couple of exciting players in goalkeeper Leandro Brey (19) and César Peralta (21), just as Facundo Quintana (26) already looks like our main goal scorer in the coming years with impressive 26 goals in 37 games.

The first year's youth intake was not impressive (forgot to take a screen shot, I will post pictures of the intake in future updates). Catena (16) and Gallo (16) will become relevant in the future, but only Matías Antonacci (16) was moved directly to the first team as a backup at right back. In return, the entire team had their contracts extended, with the exception of club legend Diego Galeano, 35. We can only be happy if we reach the play-offs again next season.

image.thumb.png.16176df00208ad16de7686575a8872aa.png

2 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Thinking of seriously joining the challenge as a last fun in FM21. There are two problems I am currently facing:
- no. 1 - I am playing this on FM Touch (thanks wife and kids) so worried that youth intakes are again smaller than average (3-4 players for a club with poor facilities and maybe 7-8 for better ones). Does any of you guys play this in current version of Touch, how have you coped with this? (In previous iterations I picked clubs with a larger number of initial players just to dim that effect of small intakes during the years).
- no. 2 - The question we all have when doing this. Who should I play with? After eliminating countries which are unappealing to me (which include all Britain, summer leagues and really poor leagues), and considering I am only interested in Europe, I do currently have a shortlist of two big countries (Italy, Germany) and two medium countries (Greece, Switzerland). Now, in the bigger countries the youths might be better overall, but you'll face more serious competition to the top, while in medium countries your chances of winning Champions League are much smaller, and probably you'll need the league to grow with you a bit also to be successful. 
I am not really a newbie, played this challenge in multiple editions (even did pretty good back in FM17 I think), but any advice from you guys playing this in FM21 would be greatly appreciated. 

I don't know how quick you play but if you want to 'finish' this challenge before FM22 , England is a very long save. Germany, Italy, France are faster or a smaller nation (Iceland - but very difficult to get into the CL).

1 hour ago, the_hdk said:

im  ok-ish.  what can I help with? 

36 minutes ago, Padders said:

My day job

Ok so as i posted earlier I put together a few tables with my 1st team squads attributes calculated them all and put some totals and comparisons into this third table.

Is there a way to use vlookup to :

- Look at a certain player in the Season 8 and Main table to see he is there, then print the total attributes from a different cell in the comparison table.The reason behind this is due to the tables have most of the same players but also having new players as well in the squad.

Here are the two tables. I have fudged together the other data from previous seasons but it would be nice to have it automated, so I don't have to enter in the simple formula for each box, once I know how to do it for season 8 I can then adapt the formula to S6/7.

Player Number Player Name Season 6 Season 7 Season 8 Diference 6/7 Difference 7/8
1 Adelino Trindade 4e 253 260 278 7 18
2 Adérito Gasopo 4g 207 213   6 -213
3 Alexandre Júnior 3h 258 265   7 -265
4 André Veloso 5e 166 167   1 -167
5 António Moreira 1d 290 291   1 -291
6 António Rebelo 1c 298 310   12 -310
7 Bernardo Blackwell 4i 203 208   5 -208
8 Bruno Monteiro 4c 225 235   10 -235
9 Daniel Pinho 3i 158 163   5 -163

I basically want to pull the data from column 39, but want the vlookup to check in the below table for the same player name as column 2 and if it is the same, print the Season 8 overall stats. Which are then calculated with a simple calculation in the difference 7/8 column.

No. Name Position Cor Cro Dri Fin Fir Fre Hea Lon L Th Mar Pas Pen Tck Tec Agg Ant Bra Cmp Cnt Dec Det Fla Ldr OtB Pos Tea Vis Wor Acc Agi Bal Jum Nat Pac Sta Str Overall Stats (Column 40)
8 Adelino Trindade 4e M/AM (R), ST (C) 4 6 12 5 7 2 11 5 3 2 9 3 4 10 11 8 6 9 3 9 13 9 11 9 4 7 7 5 12 12 9 13 14 11 7 6 278
42 Alexandre Júnior 3h D (RLC) 2 6 6 2 6 2 7 2 4 9 4 4 9 2 13 8 6 6 11 12 18 5 15 2 9 6 4 9 9 7 12 14 12 8 9 6 266
Edited by hyrule_king

24 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

Ok so as i posted earlier I put together a few tables with my 1st team squads attributes calculated them all and put some totals and comparisons into this third table.

Is there a way to use vlookup to :

- Look at a certain player in the Season 8 and Main table to see he is there, then print the total attributes from a different cell in the comparison table.The reason behind this is due to the tables have most of the same players but also having new players as well in the squad.

Here are the two tables. I have fudged together the other data from previous seasons but it would be nice to have it automated, so I don't have to enter in the simple formula for each box, once I know how to do it for season 8 I can then adapt the formula to S6/7.

Player Number Player Name Season 6 Season 7 Season 8 Diference 6/7 Difference 7/8
1 Adelino Trindade 4e 253 260 278 7 18
2 Adérito Gasopo 4g 207 213   6 -213
3 Alexandre Júnior 3h 258 265   7 -265
4 André Veloso 5e 166 167   1 -167
5 António Moreira 1d 290 291   1 -291
6 António Rebelo 1c 298 310   12 -310
7 Bernardo Blackwell 4i 203 208   5 -208
8 Bruno Monteiro 4c 225 235   10 -235
9 Daniel Pinho 3i 158 163   5 -163

I basically want to pull the data from column 39, but want the vlookup to check in the below table for the same player name as column 2 and if it is the same, print the Season 8 overall stats. Which are then calculated with a simple calculation in the difference 7/8 column.

No. Name Position Cor Cro Dri Fin Fir Fre Hea Lon L Th Mar Pas Pen Tck Tec Agg Ant Bra Cmp Cnt Dec Det Fla Ldr OtB Pos Tea Vis Wor Acc Agi Bal Jum Nat Pac Sta Str Overall Stats (Column 40)
8 Adelino Trindade 4e M/AM (R), ST (C) 4 6 12 5 7 2 11 5 3 2 9 3 4 10 11 8 6 9 3 9 13 9 11 9 4 7 7 5 12 12 9 13 14 11 7 6 278
42 Alexandre Júnior 3h D (RLC) 2 6 6 2 6 2 7 2 4 9 4 4 9 2 13 8 6 6 11 12 18 5 15 2 9 6 4 9 9 7 12 14 12 8 9 6 266

So I've put the top table in Sheet2 in an Excel s/s

image.png.ec92d5611c1ec69cc1827449efb766a8.png

The bottom table in sheet3

image.thumb.png.ac28590bd1764e152616bcb75c97e1af.png

vlookup in E2 in Sheet 2

image.png.2a512aedf7870f72b7a29db558e15e61.png

=VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet3!B:AN,39,0)

Edited by Padders

13 minutes ago, Winski said:

Second Round of the DFB-Pokal. What a result against CL-finalist of last season Borussia Dortmund :eek:

Hero of the evening: Kimmo Hovi. He isn't even a starter this season, but due to injuries I put him in the first team. With a hattrick against one of the best teams in Germany, he deserves a statue.

EMQViLV.png

KaMIqX2.png

Good result and will gain you a lot of money

10 hours ago, Padders said:

So I've put the top table in Sheet2 in an Excel s/s

image.png.ec92d5611c1ec69cc1827449efb766a8.png

The bottom table in sheet3

image.thumb.png.ac28590bd1764e152616bcb75c97e1af.png

vlookup in E2 in Sheet 2

image.png.2a512aedf7870f72b7a29db558e15e61.png

=VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet3!B:AN,39,0)

Brilliant, thank you so much , I was pulling my hair out.

Edited by hyrule_king

15 hours ago, the_hdk said:

Polonia Warsaw - Season 7

X2ktLn9.png

League

NONyiuC.png

League Stats / Transfers / Best 11

Not as good as last season, but still better than the year we got the championship. We managed to get to the Conference League again. Legia was again too mighty. Their 17th Championship. We lost 2nd place I think due to the fact that we lost and drew Wisla. As we do have a better goal difference. Mighty Gornik relagated. Overall no real breakthrough stars this seaosn. MILEWSKI and GORSKI had to pull teh wagon as HALUCH was injured alot. PRZYGODA nearly left us as Salzburg bid 3,6 mln. I quickly accepted but he declined our offer. And ofcourse the sale of LUSIUSZ. Our wonderkid. 7,75mln to Paris SG. He has yet to make his debut in first team, and I doubt he will anytime soon as they have 3 goalkeepers that are better. GRZYBOWSKI was recalled from loan to Resovia to replace him mid-season. BOGUSKI went back to centrer defense and our old captain GOLINSKI left to Pogon Szczecin. He wanted a new challange and was annoying and STACHURSKI really made some steps and is on par with our 2 other center defenders so I sold GOLINSKI. JANIK left to Italy on bosman. Not a big loss as he was already at max potential stars.

We did again badly in the cup. This time lost to our affiliate GKS Belchatow in 2nd round. In Europe third year in the row we cannot pass 2nd knockout round. In qualies we beat Debrecen (HUN), Dundee United (SCO) and suprisignly Genk (BEL). The group was really easy this year. PAOK (GRE) finished behind us and Hajduk Split (CRO) and Vorskla (UKR) dot knocked out. As we won the group we qualiefied directly to 2nd round where we got destroyed by Hoffenheim (GER) 1-6 (we did recover a bit at home 2-1). 

odP57fo.png

11uZ4RK.png

No new affiliates. We keep getting offers from the chairmen of Serbian or Bulgarian teams, but I want to choose a Nigerian team. ZTE promoted to highest level in Hungary. We improved our Training facilities and Youth facilities will be upgraded soon.
Horrible downfall of average public...from 5,2k back to 3,9k. Not good.

Sale of Lusiusz

0MIj8ao.png

ABPLqul.png

Here our biggest sale to date (due to our board). I still think I could milk atleast 10mln and 50%. But yeah...I'm going to save and hoard money like a dragon for a few years so this does not happen again.

Youth

tBkJ80u.png

XNI0Fin.png

Yeah...I made a booboo.  I forgot to make a screeshot of the intake. I though I did...but sadly no...so I recreated it in Excel. (I do that every year anyway). ALOT of 4,5 star potentials. Ofcourse this is after LUSIASZ left  so who know how good they really are. Overall happy with the intake. Lets hope this year has the quality to give us teh next step and fight again for the championship in year or 2-3.

SARNKOWSKI is the goalkeeper talent that I hope will get into the first team. Not LUSIASZ level talent...but higher potential than our 1st goaly.

hQgBim0.png

JARON, besides being a handsome devil, is a future first team wingback.  I'm re-training him to also be good at LB so I can rotate him.

lsuWkQz.png

WOJTASZEK coudl be either our new midfielder or CB. I will need to make a choice this summer as to where we will need him more.

Nu7uERY.png

No foreign youth intake this year. Weird that I only got two lithuanians...and now its like teh game forgot about the link.

6RQDg5V.png

This year I got one big offer!! From Roma...in RL nobody would decline them (working at Polonia).

IEM8lND.png

How did you get the regen faces? 🤔😁

1 hour ago, hyrule_king said:

How did you get the regen faces? 🤔😁

guys at FM base created this awesome tool and 60k+ (or even 100k+) computer generated regen faces that look real. Google NewGAN Facepack on FM base.

there are two ways you can use it. the tool they have. or  what I do...is just change in preferences to show player ID. I note it in excel for all my regens I signed. than I randomly choose (based on ethnicity) some pics from their pack and add them to the game just like any other facepack. (based on id).

if you need any help please let me know

54 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

than I randomly choose (based on ethnicity) some pics from their pack and add them to the game just like any other facepack. (based on id).

i was gonna say, I was impressed by how Finnish your Finland player looked up there!

26 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

i was gonna say, I was impressed by how Finnish your Finland player looked up there!

you are confusing me with Winski...but I agree :D

image.png.d5417eba03daac7bfcad234afd5bbd2d.png

2023/24 - Half Way Point and Youth Preview

The League

23 games into the season (half way point) and we currently sitting undefeated.  Unfortunately, the team loves a draw far more than a win.  Currently sitting in the playoff spots going into the second half of the season

image.thumb.png.ed4f0ba60feecb800bc4a3159d4211f2.png

Youth Preview

image.png.67233fdc431ad8bc52fa857b1191a9f3.png

5 minutes ago, ATW said:

2023/24 - Half Way Point and Youth Preview

The League

23 games into the season (half way point) and we currently sitting undefeated.  Unfortunately, the team loves a draw far more than a win.  Currently sitting in the playoff spots going into the second half of the season

image.thumb.png.ed4f0ba60feecb800bc4a3159d4211f2.png

Youth Preview

image.png.67233fdc431ad8bc52fa857b1191a9f3.png

Impressive to be unbeaten for that long

27 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

you are confusing me with Winski...but I agree :D

ooops, i totally was!  :lol:

I gave up with those random face packs as the ethnicities were all over the place and kinda ruined the immersion a little bit, so I'm always really impressed when someone goes that extra mile to rectify that. I didn't have the patience to sit there and work it all out so I'm still totally impressed by what you've done!

edit: It also just dawned on me that the reason Hovi looks so Finnish is that he's a real player and not a newgen! d'oh!!!

Edited by libbyshuss

2 hours ago, the_hdk said:

guys at FM base created this awesome tool and 60k+ (or even 100k+) computer generated regen faces that look real. Google NewGAN Facepack on FM base.

there are two ways you can use it. the tool they have. or  what I do...is just change in preferences to show player ID. I note it in excel for all my regens I signed. than I randomly choose (based on ethnicity) some pics from their pack and add them to the game just like any other facepack. (based on id).

if you need any help please let me know

Yep just got it too work, so weird how my 1st year intakes now have proper faces. :D

07d5bb829f7b2b151b63d3fac1ca3691.png

New Intake Preview

5615cbeb25fa5a10b1cd1582ac7df825.png

Edited by hyrule_king

3 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

I absolutely love it.  its just gives the extra detail that makes you bond more with your players.

ok, so i'm tempted to go back and give it a go again.

how long does it take to sort out those ethnicities and choose the random ids for each of your newgens?

6 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

ok, so i'm tempted to go back and give it a go again.

how long does it take to sort out those ethnicities and choose the random ids for each of your newgens?

not alot...I sign between 5-11 players each year with average of 8.

- you set in preferences that you can see the id (1min)
 - writing down the numers and ethnicity you think is linked to the player (2min)
 - search random pics you want per ethinicty (Poland is easy as all are white central europeans so far) but netherlands took me a bit longer. also I use random.org :D. so 4min.
 - renaming the pics to the id numer and putting them in teh graphics folder (1min)
 - using fmXML to create new config file (10 sec).
 - restart the game (1min)

overall. max 10 min

2 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

- writing down the numers and ethnicity you think is linked to the player (2min)
 - search random pics you want per ethinicty (Poland is easy as all are white central europeans so far) but netherlands took me a bit longer. also I use random.org :D. so 4min.
 - renaming the pics to the id numer and putting them in teh graphics folder (1min)

overall. max 10 min

that sounds doable, you've convinced me!

I'm downloading the file right now (9gb!)

i might try it vanilla to start with, see how that goes and whether i can live with it. I did always like the little player faces.

(At one stage i was playing on a laptop and PC using cloud saves, so depending on which machine i played on they all had completely different faces/ethnicities. it made me laugh every time)

3 hours ago, the_hdk said:

so i downloaded it and it's amazing. By far the best newgen face tool I've ever used. Thanks for the tip! They look awesome as well

agyemang.JPG.f3e275f2a775194939457006db9022e2.JPG

Once i get used to it i think adding newgen faces to my team will take about 45 seconds, it's such a good little tool

1 hour ago, the_hdk said:

overall. max 10 min

I do something similar but use the tool to assign picture ids for my newgens.  I then just create a new config file (you just need to open in Notepad and edit, dont need an XML tool).  Mine end up looking like this (with each intake saved as back up and a master Config file that just gets added to (16 lines) after each new intake):

image.png.3b89bf51885d1e87744be9236845fe36.png

image.png.3b11aededbfc8930e58435248f918073.png

and I agree, this face pack is simply fantastic!

22 hours ago, JAwtunes said:

Penultimate game of the season.  Our only decent keeper was injured and we lost for the first time in 9 games.  I thought we had basically blown our chance of winning the league but Slovan (our city rivals) lost too.  So we go into the final game of the season ahead of Slovan on head-to-head record only.  Oh, and the last game of the season is at Slovan.

This is why we love FM!

image.thumb.png.b96b6750f92d509b1ec6ad7c04341fcd.png

image.png.91b4f2c5cd38130acbd75120f7ea2401.png

Reveal hidden contents

RESULT

in front of over 20k Slovan Bratislava fans!!

image.thumb.png.80aa6748ee1d501138ae9aad6b7011c3.png

image.thumb.png.64b1294026d4e267aa9f06128bd95d1e.png

So after beating our big rivals to the title on the last day of the season (in front of 20k of their own fans) they decided to try and poach me.  I'm going to enjoy turning this one down :)

image.png.abaedf1a9da7eaba01e910ad38372dc3.png

5 minutes ago, Proffa said:

Ummm, what is the point of using Excel? Aren't the in-game statistics (ability/attribute progression etc.) good enough? :)

Ummm..... No! :D 

eHEzJlV.png

1 hour ago, XaW said:

200px-Folkestone_Invicta_F.C._logo.png

Folkestone Invicta - Season 2031/32 (Season 11) Review - Sky Bet League One (3rd tier)

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Well, that was a bit surprising, as I had not expected this to happen yet. I won't complain though, as a promotion to the Championship is very welcome! We were never really close to Sunderland, who ran away with the title from an early strong run. This season also were the start of something of a paradigm shift. Some of the older players who have been with us for a long time, such as Franck Koné 24eAlfie Lyon-Hood 24c and Teitur Jakobsen 25e are not as solid first choices as earlier and now often have to fill out the bench. From that, players like Sam Fitton 28b and Will Retout 30g have stepped up and become more important for the first team. The team is starting to slowly evolve into a better and better side, and we do need to up our game a level or two to survive in the higher tiers. Oh, and one of the players who were poached from us have now come through, and I think he is really good.

In the FA Cup we beat Port Vale and Wrexham before we lost to Watford in the 3rd round.

In the EFL Cup we beat Forest Green and Ipswich Town before we lost to Preston in the 3rd round.

In the EFL Trophy we finished bottom of our group behind Charlton, Notts County, and Arsenal U23.

I thought we'd improve our youth level before the season, but as it turned out we get it after this one. So next season should help things improve. I also finished my Continental Pro licence, so I have the highest possible. And the most important news; We are building a new stadium! It's going to take a few years to build, but this is big for us!

b2w23kV.png

Youth

URE2I6D.png

Not the best intake we've had, but a few decent talents anyway.

5w07Pxm.png

Gareth Wilde 32b is the best one here. A very pacey striker with decent skills.

XpiuqER.png

U18 team:

In the U18 Youth Alliance League South-East they retained the title as the won it for the 2nd time in a row.

In the U18 Youth Alliance Cup they won their group ahead of Bromley, Swindon Town, Portsmouth, and Southend. Then they beat Newport County before losing to Colchester in the semi final.

In the FA Youth Cup they beat Solihull Moors and Luton Town before losing to Middlesbrough in the 3rd round.

Statistics:

Reveal hidden contents

Only one new nation this time in Montserrat. We keep adding to the list.

IgUDYoz.png

hqD3Jyx.png

gU1fPDa.png

OA1UGw5.png

uoqBJT9.png

uk6DiYo.png

Trophy cabinet:

Sky Bet League Two - 2029/30
Vanarama National League - 2028/29
Vanarama National League South - 2026/27
(U18) Youth Alliance League South-East - 2030/31, 2031/32

EFL Trophy - 2030/31
FA Trophy - 2028/29

ZjrUnh8.png

Wow flying up the leagues, great work

2023/24 Season - Promotion!!!  

The League

We did it.  Promotion to the National League.  Unfortunately, couldn't go the whole time without losing - as Gateshead beat us on Match Day 35.image.thumb.png.32d7eabfe66f131c99cbe1f3589b610c.png

Previous Youth Intake

Les Sharp (22a), Welsh Keeper - A bit part player this season, playing 11 games and all cup games (3 games).  Remains with the Club

Chris Darby (22b), English Full Back - Youngester featured in 12 games this season.  Nothing much to write home about.  Hopefully pushes on

Adam Marrow (22c) - English Striker - Featured in 26 games, mostly from the bench bagging three goals this season

Mohamed Brown (22d) - English Central Player - Featured in all but 1 game this season, scoring 5 goals.  

Tai McCormick (23a) - English midfielder - Played in 44 games this season scoring 4 goals in the process

James Green (23b) - English Keeper took the no. 1 shirt and went on to win Fans Player and Club's Young Player of the Year Award.  

Elliot Reilly (23c) - Young English winger  played in 20 games.  

Douglas Watt (23d) - Young Scottish Left Back - Featured in 5 league games but spent most of the time playing U18's

Youth Intake

image.thumb.png.09b1ab17cc97af51d68b23fadb04dfae.png

Denis Blake (24a) - English forward.  Looks to be a good one, unfortunately injured until November 2024.  Hopefully won't hamper him too much

image.png.51a826403372c5f7d9b851f00bae30cd.png

Wyn Smith (24b) - Welsh Defender.  Will go straight into the first team squad

image.png.f86bf67d61eb6ea1922bd02bd59d02b8.png

Richie Ince (24c) - English Defender - Will be part of the First Team squad.  Hopefully gets some self belief. 

image.png.052b162194ac5c1dbf26d00cc8a9f0f1.png

Transfer

image.thumb.png.92925482d42d15f017478924ef0d65ff.png