FM20 Hidden Regen UID Finder (Create your own Press Officer & Personal Assistant images!)

RowRow78

3 hours ago, KUBI said:

@RowRow78

That works well. Maybe you could add some pictures (especially females) who could be used as replacements for the numbers? 

I will post a link in the editor forum too.

Cheers Kubi.  HERE is a handfull of ones I already had. Unfortunately they're all white, but if the demand is there I'll source and cut some more diverse.

Looks like I can get this to work on my assistant and press officer, but some regen scouts that I had assigned faces to are now losing their assigned picture.

If I clear cache and reload, then the press officer and assistant lose their face, and the scouts get their face back. Is it one or the other, or have you guys been able to get both to work?

Put the changes in a separate folder and create a config file.

After that you need to put the original folder with all the numbered pictures out of the graphics folder, because you only need the added pictures.

Having some difficulty with this. I found my press officer and personal assistant numbers in the first step, numbers 158 and 12695 so I have an image for each in graphics > Regen staff with a config (see below) and I've reloaded but nothing happened. My PA now has a Regen face (he didn't before) so I'm struggling to see where I'm going wrong.

<record>
	<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->
	<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
	<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->
	<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
			 in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
			 place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
			 files from the correct places
	-->

<list id="maps">
		<!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->
		<!-- FM18 GenPlayer Face Megapack -->
		<!-- config Made By Willylim-->
<record from="158" to="graphics/pictures/person/1915386958/portrait"/>
<record from="12695" to="graphics/pictures/person/1916240599/portrait"/>
	</list>
</record>

16 hours ago, fmFutbolManager said:

Having some difficulty with this. I found my press officer and personal assistant numbers in the first step, numbers 158 and 12695 so I have an image for each in graphics > Regen staff with a config (see below) and I've reloaded but nothing happened. My PA now has a Regen face (he didn't before) so I'm struggling to see where I'm going wrong.

<record>

<!-- logo mappings -->
	-->

<list id="maps">
		<!-- FM18 GenPlayer Face Megapack -->
		<!-- config Made By Willylim-->
<record from="158" to="graphics/pictures/person/1915386958/portrait"/>
<record from="12695" to="graphics/pictures/person/1916240599/portrait"/>
	</list>
</record>

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain it clearly.

Basically you can now delete the UID finder pack (it has served it's purpose to locate the UIDs of your staff.)  Save your new images of your staff in a new folder as "1915386958.png" and "1916240599.png" and change a config in the new folder to:
<record from="1915386958" to="graphics/pictures/person/1915386958/portrait"/>
<record from="1916240599" to="graphics/pictures/person/1916240599/portrait"/>

reload skin and your new images should now be showing.

2 hours ago, RowRow78 said:

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain it clearly.

Basically you can now delete the UID finder pack (it has served it's purpose to locate the UIDs of your staff.)  Save your new images of your staff in a new folder as "1915386958.png" and "1916240599.png" and change a config in the new folder to:
<record from="1915386958" to="graphics/pictures/person/1915386958/portrait"/>
<record from="1916240599" to="graphics/pictures/person/1916240599/portrait"/>

reload skin and your new images should now be showing.

Ah numpty, I got the numbers in the config wrong 😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2019 at 17:18, RowRow78 said:

6) Save your chosen image as the Regen number you found in the config and create your own "Regen Staff" folder with accompanying config file using a config creator or just copying and editing an existing one.

7) Reload skin - ctrl-r ...and hopefully it should work

I have done all the steps above, deleted the UI finder folder and replaced the pictures with my chosen one from Murray's link, but somehow it's still not working. My personal folder is on D:\GAMEZ\Football Manager 2020\Graphics\Faces\Regen Staff  as I choose to use the other drive from game files.

My identified UIs are:

<record from="12676" to="graphics/pictures/person/1915399476/portrait"/>
<record from="12720" to="graphics/pictures/person/1916411696/portrait"/>

so I've changed in the xml as in SS:

<record from="1915399476" to="graphics/pictures/person/1915399476/portrait"/>
<record from="1916411696" to="graphics/pictures/person/1916411696/portrait"/>

notepad_2019-12-23_11-10-10.png

On 30/12/2019 at 05:57, Faisal070 said:

Also all numbers change each differente  game. 

I am currently playing my own and 2 online games and all have there own numbers for example Pele (all time topscorder of brazil) 

so what to do?

@RowRow78 

@KUBI can you both please respond on my comments above?

vor 58 Minuten schrieb Faisal070:

@RowRow78 

@KUBI can you both please respond on my comments above?

You just need to try it out. If the IDs change from game to game you need to change the IDs for the pictures too. 

This is a game mod, so you need to live with the limitations of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I think is a small improvement on this UID finder pack. Config.xml where the lines have been sorted by the image name (number), rather then the person ID. Much easier to find all the appropriate lines when they are right next to each other. Using this config together with the ID finding method described here, but editing only the lines with the image number, the correct ID can be found very quickly.

Download: config.xml

Edited by duccio

• 1 month later...

I've tried this step by step, but the black picture with the with number changes only to a black silhouette:

image.thumb.png.e25a44c695588be4954cf112009d9b8e.png

Here's my config:

Spoiler

<record>

<!-- logo mappings -->
    -->

<list id="maps">
        <record from="1915387168" to="graphics/pictures/person/1915387168/portrait"/>
        <record from="1915510099" to="graphics/pictures/person/1915510099/portrait"/>
    </list>
</record>

The folder is here located:

\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics\Regen Staff

Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/02/2020 at 18:57, klaasjan said:

works after 20.3 update:

fm_2020-02-20_20-54-25.thumb.png.ee6a366f230bea9ff57d5050e8c10ad5.png

did every step described in OP but didnt work until now

Hmmm.... I don't understand this. Where are these regen looking female faces coming from?

They're not there by default as the usual black silhouette normally appears.

I had the UID Finder installed and working fine. I replaced pictures for two of my female staff members. However, all male regens were of course appearing with the black square with UID. Therefore I tried to remove the UID Finder all together and just added my two female staff to the main facepack folder and config. However, the pictures did not appear and I have some scary regen like the screenshot above.

Why?

• 2 weeks later...

Tried this and eventually gave up....but now I have ID numbers against all regen staff....I have deleted all the file but they still appear......how do I get rid of them please?

##Cancel that, I've worked it out...cheers

Edited by garyb
Answered my own question

On 19/11/2019 at 23:18, RowRow78 said:

tS2i6J1.png 

2EPhBI4.png

Download

For several FMs now your Press Officer & Personal Assistant have been Regen's with a hidden UID making it seemingly impossible to replace their images.

A few years back FMfan.ru boxed together all the hand-made regen images and created a config that auto-applied those to regens. I have taken that config and applied it to a base file of 15000 png files that are all numbered for easy reference to enable you to figure out with image goes to which UID by cross-referencing against the config file.

It still involves a bit of work, so you'll still need to be patient, but finally there is a way to replace those images.

1) Download & unzip file
2) Place in My Docs/Sports Interactive/FM20/graphics/faces (Mac = HD/users/user/Library/application support/sports interactive/fm2020/graphics)
3) Then in the game go to Preferences > Interface and untick "Use caching" and tick "Reload skin when confirming" - Apply
4) Take a look at your Inbox and see if you have any messages from your Press Officer & Personal Assistant - hopefully they now have a Black image with a number....Make a note of this number
5) Within the UID Finder folder there is a config - open this in TextEdit and Search (ctrl-f) for the numbers you made a note of - BEWARE there may be several entries using the same image depending on the size of Database you have loaded.
6) Save your chosen image as the Regen number you found in the config and create your own "Regen Staff" folder with accompanying config file using a config creator or just copying and editing an existing one.
7) Reload skin - ctrl-r ...and hopefully it should work

As you can tell from the above - this is a bit tricky, so it's one for the die-hard gfx mod fans, but hope this helps.

BIG thanks to FMfan.ru for giving me the idea and to all the amazing graphic creators out there who make the game so good!

Thx for the UID Finder. I am currently using DF11 mega pack and DF11 mega Regen pack. I want to change my press officer therefore i use the UID finder to find her ID. And her ID is 1915388741. Then, i replace the photo that i want in the DF11 mega Regen pack with the same ID but nothing was changed in my save after i reloaded. The face of my press officer is still same as before. Can anyone help me? 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The UIDs are different, it still works if the UID range is correct. I did some trial and error with the numbers (using an excel file I already have for generating config files for my created club facepack) and my PA had the UID 2000096457 and my Press Officer 2000083681. I don't know what range is needed for the config file to always work, but I had to play around a bit to get both of them, which were done in separate attempts. Try the config file I've attached, it may work, or your staff may be in a different range...

config.xml

38 minutes ago, murray said:

Try the config file I've attached, it may work, or your staff may be in a different range...

This worked beautifully for me, thank you. It seems like the Press Officer gets a different ID every game and is randomly male or female so this has to be done manually for each save but I tried a few different saves using this config and they all seem to find the Press officer though it's a different ID each time.

23 minutes ago, MariusA said:

But the Personal Assistant doesn't work with this.

The process does work (I found my PA's UID this way) but there is such a vast range of UIDs that it just means the UID of your PA is outside of the 15,000 records in the config file. I had to try twice to find my PA and Press Officer, the ranges I was trying didn't have both within the same batch of 15,000 numbers (you can see from my previous post they are something like 13,000 numbers apart). It's trial and error, and quite a pain. If there was some way of knowing the full UID range, I could probably generate a config file to cover all the numbers.

5 minutes ago, murray said:

The process does work (I found my PA's UID this way) but there is such a vast range of UIDs that it just means the UID of your PA is outside of the 15,000 records in the config file. I had to try twice to find my PA and Press Officer, the ranges I was trying didn't have both within the same batch of 15,000 numbers (you can see from my previous post they are something like 13,000 numbers apart). It's trial and error, and quite a pain. If there was some way of knowing the full UID range, I could probably generate a config file to cover all the numbers.

FWIW I tested this a few times and when my PA was not detected it turned out it was just a few hundred ID's higher up. The config you provided goes to 2000096457 and my PA was found at 2000096647. 

IMO this is not that much of a pain given that it only needs to be figured out once at the beginning of a save.

1 hour ago, MariusA said:

How did you detect that @BedeviledEgg? What did you do to fix it? 

I just added more lines to the config.xml to cover higher IDs. The file Murray posted went up to 2000096457 but I duplicated some lines to get it up to 2000099999. It means some of the image files are duped so if one of those is hit you might need to change the file and do another refresh of skin to fully narrow down the id. I'll attach my config so you can try it, I added the top block of 3500+ lines. (Rename that to config.xml to make it work)

If this still doesn't find your PA and Press Officer it just means they probably have an even higher ID we're not reaching in these configs yet.

more-config.xml

Edited by BedeviledEgg

• 1 month later...

How do you make a new XML file with different numbers. I tried FMXML and it asks for each individual number. I cant enter 15000 unique numbers Ill be there all day. How do you guys create the generic one so I can just plug it in and keep trying till I find the correct ID numner?

Trevor L.

I really like the idea of this mod, but I've tried downloading and following instructions exactly (including adding in the new extra config file) and I'm still not seeing id numbers come up for press office, personal assistant etc   (FM21 by the way)

On 26/11/2020 at 00:56, BedeviledEgg said:

I just added more lines to the config.xml to cover higher IDs. The file Murray posted went up to 2000096457 but I duplicated some lines to get it up to 2000099999. It means some of the image files are duped so if one of those is hit you might need to change the file and do another refresh of skin to fully narrow down the id. I'll attach my config so you can try it, I added the top block of 3500+ lines. (Rename that to config.xml to make it work)

If this still doesn't find your PA and Press Officer it just means they probably have an even higher ID we're not reaching in these configs yet.

more-config.xml 1.3 MB · 51 downloads

Managed to get this to find the Player Liaison Officer and Press Officer with the above config file, after the one in the opening post returned zero results, however it still can't find the Personal Assistant but I do run a very large database so it probably needs to have a much higher number to find. So the config probably needs to be made much bigger (almost overkill) to work for everyone straight off.

Great little addition though, nice job.

I'm on FM21.3, Macbook user too, here is my working folder path if anyone needs it:

Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/graphics/faces/regen staff/config.xml

5 hours ago, stevemc said:

So the config probably needs to be made much bigger (almost overkill) to work for everyone straight off.

Yeah I've played with some bigger databases and had to increase the file's size. Try this one, it goes up to UID 2000139999.

big-config.xml

The way to use this is, rename to config.xml, put it in the proper place, activate it and refresh, then when you look up the number in the image you get an ID like 2000139999. This means your found person has an ID that matches 2000XX9999. Try replacing the XX by decrementing until you find your person in question. i.e. 2000139999, then if not that try 2000129999, if not there try 2000119999 etc. By 2000089999 you will have found them.

2 hours ago, BedeviledEgg said:

Yeah I've played with some bigger databases and had to increase the file's size. Try this one, it goes up to UID 2000139999.

big-config.xml 4.08 MB · 3 downloads

The way to use this is, rename to config.xml, put it in the proper place, activate it and refresh, then when you look up the number in the image you get an ID like 2000139999. This means your found person has an ID that matches 2000XX9999. Try replacing the XX by decrementing until you find your person in question. i.e. 2000139999, then if not that try 2000129999, if not there try 2000119999 etc. By 2000089999 you will have found them.

Yeah tried that and the code was: 2000139010

I've tried all of these below, and it's not worked yet:

<record from="7448" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000139010/portrait"/>
<record from="7448" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000129010/portrait"/>
<record from="7448" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000119010/portrait"/>
<record from="7448" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000109010/portrait"/>
<record from="7448" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000099010/portrait"/>
<record from="7448" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000089010/portrait"/>
<record from="7448" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000079010/portrait"/>
<record from="7448" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000069010/portrait"/>
<record from="7448" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000059010/portrait"/>
<record from="7448" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000049010/portrait"/>
<record from="7448" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000039010/portrait"/>
<record from="7448" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000029010/portrait"/>
<record from="7448" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000019010/portrait"/>  

Could it be higher than 13?

Edited by stevemc

Here is a config I made some time ago. It contains IDs from 2000000000 to 2001026431. The rows are in the order of the image number for ease of use.

How to find an ID:

1. Move all other graphics packs except the Hidden Regen UID Finder pack away from the game's graphics folder. This will make reloading FM skin quicker.

2. Replace the Finder pack's config with the one linked in this post.

3. Reload your skin. In-game person's image has been replaced with a number.

4. Open the config in text editor. Remove all rows that begin with <record from that do not have the in-game person's number - from="[number]". Save the file.

5. Select about half of the remaining rows that begin with <record from and remove them by hitting ctrl+x. The removed rows are now on your computer clipboard. Save the config file.

6. Reload your skin.

7. Did the number image inside the game disappear? If not, repeat from step 5. If yes, replace the remaining <record from rows with the ones on your computer clipboard and save the file. Repeat from step 5.

8. Soon you will have narrowed the IDs down to the one that belongs to the in-game person.

9. Remove the Hidden Regen UID Finder pack and move the other packs back into the graphics folder.

Edited by duccio

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/01/2021 at 18:04, duccio said:

Here is a config I made some time ago. It contains IDs from 2000000000 to 2001026431. The rows are in the order of the image number for ease of use.

How to find an ID:

1. Move all other graphics packs except the Hidden Regen UID Finder pack away from the game's graphics folder. This will make reloading FM skin quicker.

2. Replace the Finder pack's config with the one linked in this post.

3. Reload your skin. In-game person's image has been replaced with a number.

4. Open the config in text editor. Remove all rows that begin with <record from that do not have the in-game person's number - from="[number]". Save the file.

5. Select about half of the remaining rows that begin with <record from and remove them by hitting ctrl+x. The removed rows are now on your computer clipboard. Save the config file.

6. Reload your skin.

7. Did the number image inside the game disappear? If not, repeat from step 5. If yes, replace the remaining <record from rows with the ones on your computer clipboard and save the file. Repeat from step 5.

8. Soon you will have narrowed the IDs down to the one that belongs to the in-game person.

9. Remove the Hidden Regen UID Finder pack and move the other packs back into the graphics folder.

Thanks for creating a bigger config file.

Unfortunately, I attempted to use it and there have been no change to the Personal Assistant or Press Officer.

I am playing on a large database which is just shy of 50,000 staff. Is there any way of creating a larger config file easily?

Thanks for any help.

On 20/01/2021 at 03:10, McClane29 said:

Thanks for creating a bigger config file.

Unfortunately, I attempted to use it and there have been no change to the Personal Assistant or Press Officer.

I am playing on a large database which is just shy of 50,000 staff. Is there any way of creating a larger config file easily?

Thanks for any help.

Did any regen's (staff and players) face change to a number picture? If it did, it confirms that the config is working and that the Assistant's and Press Officer's ID's are likely not present in it.

Its not too difficult to further expand the config. I used this site to generate the list of numbers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...