dafuge's FM09 challenge

Top Scorer: David Ball 17

Is that the ex Man City youth David Ball. Just got him to sign for my Ashford team in our first season, still obviously in the Blue Square South. I thought he looked a good prospect (actually my Ass Man said he would be a good player to back up my weak front line). If he can knock goals in up in the Championship I need to try and hold on to him for a long while.

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gilbster - Eastwood Town - Premiership - 2054/55 End of Season Update

Unfortunately this whole season left a bad taste in my mouth purely due to having to replay 3 games at the start of the season due to a crash and as a result I made it into the group stage of the Champions League but lost 2 points from the Premiership. I also spent most of the season with injured strikers, so I couldnt get any decent strike partnership going.

Our league form was abysmal all season with our best run being 4 games won in a row including an FA Cup tie. It seemed to me that we would win perhaps 1 or 2 matches and then lose 3 in the league, hence we didnt manage to qualify for Europe this season.

Our European form was a bit better, and I am proud of how we did in a tough group, and then in the EURO Cup.

If I don't get a decent transfer fund for next season, I can see my decline continuing due to the prices of the good players.

Table

Graph

Finances

Champions League Results

Euro Cup Results

Aims

Qualify for Europe

Improve squad in all areas

Not be so bad in the English cups, as the board wants me to do better in them

Career so far

League                  Season          Finished        Achievements
Blue Square North       2012/13        5th             Lost in Playoff Semis
Blue Square North       2013/14        8th
Blue Square North       2014/15        7th
Blue Square North       2015/16        11th
Blue Square North       2016/17        5th             Lost in Playoff Semis
Blue Square North       2017/18        1st             BSN Title
Blue Square Premier     2018/19        8th
Blue Square Premier     2019/20        12th
Blue Square Premier     2020/21        6th
Blue Square Premier     2021/22        13th
Blue Square Premier     2022/23        7th
Blue Square Premier     2023/24        3rd             Lost in Playoff Semis
Blue Square Premier     2024/25        6th             FA Trophy Runners Up
Blue Square Premier     2025/26        2nd             FA Trophy Winner. Lost in Playoff final
Blue Square Premier     2026/27        5th             Lost in Playoff Semis
Blue Square Premier     2027/28        1st             BSP Title. FA Trophy Runners Up
League 2                2028/29        15th
League 2                2029/30         9th
League 2                2030/31         13th
League 2                2031/32         1st             League 2 Title
League 1                2032/33         18th
League 1                2033/34         7th
League 1                2034/35         19th
League 1                2035/36         4th             Promoted from Playoffs
Championship            2036/37         15th
Championship            2037/38         13th
Championship            2038/39         24th            Relegated
League 1                2039/40         1st             League 1 Title
Championship            2040/41         8th             
Championship            2041/42         4th             Lost in Playoff Semis
Championship            2042/43         5th             Lost in Playoff Final
Championship            2043/44         15th
Championship            2044/45         3rd             Promoted from Playoffs
Premiership             2045/46         20th            Relegated
Championship            2046/47         5th             Lost in Playoff Semis
Championship            2047/48         1st             Championship Title
Premiership             2048/49         11th
Premiership             2049/50         18th            Relegated
Championship            2050/51         11th            League Cup Runners Up  
Championship            2051/52         1st             Championship Title
Premiership             2052/53         7th
Premiership             2053/54         3rd
Premiership             2054/55         10th

The icons and legends can be odd. The only legend is retired so no idea who he was. Of the 2 icons only one is still in the game and he's a 57 yr old Swansea fitness coach (with a firness coaching attribute of 9, otherwise I'd sign him).

When I check his history he's been at Swansea since the start of the game:confused:

Apparently over 40 years in charge of the club doesnt even get you onto a favoured personnel list. No clue how to get someone onto the icon or legend list. Any player that is promising enough to have a great career usually gets sold by one of my chairmen, so its hard to get anyone to really amazing things.

Whats is your transfer budget this season Gilbster (or still waiting to find out?)

I have about 25m to spend (we're the 28th richest club in the World:eek:) but I didn't spend more than 1m on a player this Summer, record signing still 1.5m.

I simply can't justify big transfers when we only have a 7k stadium.

Apparently over 40 years in charge of the club doesnt even get you onto a favoured personnel list. No clue how to get someone onto the icon or legend list. Any player that is promising enough to have a great career usually gets sold by one of my chairmen, so its hard to get anyone to really amazing things.

I don't think you can get on the Legend or Icon list until you have left the club. :thup:

Whats is your transfer budget this season Gilbster (or still waiting to find out?)

I have about 25m to spend (we're the 28th richest club in the World:eek:) but I didn't spend more than 1m on a player this Summer, record signing still 1.5m.

£19.1 Million this season and I am hoping that it doesnt drop dramatically when the £10 million signing I had already arranged comes through on 1st July.

Heeeeelp!

Haha, currently playing my first pre-season game here now. First season with my maybe-not-so-promising-after-all Ashford (Middx). Having only 5 contracted players in my squad (and being in the process of bringing in a whole new squad), things seems to start quite badly...

Losing 0-8 at half time!! to Luton. Yup, I have crap players. It might also seem I have a crap tactic. Drawing board here I come :eek:

Most I've spent on a player so far is £16.75m on a ST from Sáo Paulo.

Heeeeelp!

Haha, currently playing my first pre-season game here now. First season with my maybe-not-so-promising-after-all Ashford (Middx). Having only 5 contracted players in my squad (and being in the process of bringing in a whole new squad), things seems to start quite badly...

Losing 0-8 at half time!! to Luton. Yup, I have crap players. It might also seem I have a crap tactic. Drawing board here I come :eek:

Why do you only have 5 players. Did you use the ddt file, since that is meant to make all the clubs in this challenge start with players?

Why do you only have 5 players. Did you use the ddt file, since that is meant to make all the clubs in this challenge start with players?

Oh, yes I used it. Just did a huge cleand up in the squad first thing. Maybe a bit too early :D

I was on the favoured list but then got removed never to make it back :(

I sold a striker who was on my favoured list to Arsenal and then he jumped up to club legend :confused:

Boston United - League 2 - 2013/2014

This season our aim was to stay away from the relegation zone. We did that, in fact we did better than that, we missed out on the play-offs by bloody Goal Difference :mad::mad:

The team was the same as last season, as you can see with the transfers we made

Our finances yet again, made massive strides and hopefully I can make these better, with better attendances next season. We were getting 4k when we were playing really well, we had a patch were we won about 7 in a row, and we got 4k about 2/3 times during that run, so I guess all I can say is bring on next season. Warren Gray carried the team at times and he wants a contract upgrade, so I guess he deserves it.

Aims for next season

We have a lot to aim for next season, but I'm also weary that with the team being more or less the same from the BSN that surely this can only be beginers luck so to speak :)

Is that the ex Man City youth David Ball. Just got him to sign for my Ashford team in our first season, still obviously in the Blue Square South. I thought he looked a good prospect (actually my Ass Man said he would be a good player to back up my weak front line). If he can knock goals in up in the Championship I need to try and hold on to him for a long while.

Thats the one, he's been a gem for me. Scored consistently at every level so far and been top scorer in 5 of my 6 seasons (he broke his leg) I got a couple of his man city youth buddies in an effort to try and make the team hit off straight away and i think it helped. ball, mee, mcgivern all 3 have stayed with me for a wee while now though ball is the only one who still gets his game on.

Arsenal just ended my perfect start to the 2018/19 Premiership campaign with a 1-1 draw at the Emirates. I did have a sensational run of 12 straight wins, but despite dropping my first points we are still 10 points clear of third placed Arsenal, and 9 points clear of second placed Newcastle who we play next.

Managed to hold Newcastle to a draw in the FA Cup. Replay at their stadium now \o/ that should give me about £500k :)

I also have a game in hand on a few of the people above me in the league and will move in to the playoffs if I win it \o/

That's the spirit. A week is slow?! I started the game Boxing day and I'm only just starting my 2nd season!

And Leitch-Smith now has 8 goals in 3 games. That guy is just soo good for some reason!

Even with my tightened time schedule, I can still usually rack out 2 or 3 seasons a week.

Back in the day, it was 1 a day. Infact, back on FM06, I vividly remember getting very far into a 3rd season on one day. I hate growing up :(

FC United, 2022-23, League 2

League - 13th, Past Positions

JPT - North First Round

League Cup - First Round

FA Cup - First Round

A comfortable season, in consistency terms probably our best in League 2 yet. Transfers - The only proper transfer I made was to bring Lee Horton, my first ever Youth Project, as we needed to back-up and he was good and had decent wage demands. Elsewhere I brought in a striker from Villa on loan, the other was also a striker which parent club Tranmere sent me, he was pish, so was instantly returned. I felt this season that we had our best squad that we have had in League 2, and hopefully next year the players will get older and become more experienced. Our best players were: Josh Platnauer, Brian MacDonald & Jamie Elmes. Finances - Another loss, however 20K is nowhere near as bad as the loss we made last season. Still, it's not good and we can't afford to get further and further in the red each season.

Career Overview

Season      League             League Finish   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10     Blue Square North      7th            
2010/11     Blue Square North      8th        
2011/12     Blue Square North     11th        
2012/13     Blue Square North      9th         
2013/14     Blue Square North      2nd        Promoted as Runners-up
2014/15     Blue Square Premier   19th  
2015/16     Blue Square Premier   20th
2016/17     Blue Square Premier   10th         
2017/18     Blue Square Premier    8th       
2018/19     Blue Square Premier    2nd        Promoted via Play-offs
2019/20     Coca Cola League 2    21st
2020/21     Coca Cola League 2    12th
2021/22     Coca Cola League 2    16th 
2022/23     Coca-Cola League 2    13th

Trophy Cabinet -

• Blue Square North Runners-Up Trophy
  • Blue Square Premier Play-off Winners Trophy

Started playing this again. Already posted about my first season, but in a nutshell I comfortably won the league and got promoted to the BSP.

This year I found it tougher. for most of the season I was hanging around 6-9 points outside of the play-offs (to come 5th and therefore in the play-offs was my aim prior to the season). However a combination of some consistency from me and the teams above me lacking it, I sneaked in within the last three weeks and got 5th.

Then lost 2-0 away to Dagenham and Redbridge in the first leg, but then beat them 3-0 at my place.

Just thrashed Grays - turning into rivals tbh, I played them four times last year in numerous cups! - 5-1 in the final. My team played amazing.

Into the league we go!

Oh and I also followed up on last year's cup success (won the Conference Cup) by winning the FA Trophy, beating lowly Crawly 3-1 in the final.

Sammy Rogers and Marcus Griffiths were beasts for me again.

Archived