dafuge's FM09 challenge

Just moved into January, and got the regular "Player x' Contract is due to expire" - for 22 of my main squad - Usually this wouldn't bother me, as I'd just offer them new deals, and only a few would move on. This time, however, 16 of them wont sign a new deal, and of the 8 others, only 2 of them are asking for wages within my wage restrictions. If, come the end of the season they all leave, this club will self destruct.

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just never in a position to do it that early. If I offer them an extension with 2 years left, they still want more wages from the instant they sign the contract, not when the extension comes into place (which is what happens IRL ) . I'd rather keep them on the same wages for 2 more years and risk losing them that bloating my wages budget for unnecessary reasons.

Youth Player 7 (A prem standard DC ) - and another Championship Standard player have just had contracts offered to them :(

That screws me two fold. Firstly, they will be leaving the club, and secondly, they wont be leaving until 1st June, meaning I cant free up wages by selling them :(

There goes another DC at the end of the season. I really don't want to restart, because I'm so far into the game, but the following things could potentially happen :

- We go into administration and get deducted points.

- We get relegated, getting me the sack.

- We get relegated, I don't get the sack, but we get relegated again, back down to BSP level.

The club is in trouble. I don't know if I can help it. :(

My hard drive crashed and I had to get a new one and install Vista on it. I could potentially use Linux to get my Canvey save back off the damaged HDD but to be honest that save was getting a bit stale, so I think I'll start again.

I lose club legends Andy Downes and Bill Farrell but such is life.

I just lost the Conference League Cup in my first season of AFC Hornchurch Manager (09/10 BSS).

We drew Wrexham in the final who are 1st in the BSP and dominated the whole game (I had 6 CCCs they had 1 CCC) and we ended up finishing 0-0 and I lost 5-4 after in the penalty shootout about 7 penos each

Gutted!

How are you doing this season?

Currently sat 16th. only 10 points from the play-offs, but only 6 from relegation zone.

Last season, my team had a certain feel about it. I was playing well, and doing good. This season, its practically the same team, and we just string a set of results together. I'm at my wits end. I'll play this season out to see what happens to my players, and the club, but I honestly can't see this game going the distance.

Currently sat 16th. only 10 points from the play-offs, but only 6 from relegation zone.

Last season, my team had a certain feel about it. I was playing well, and doing good. This season, its practically the same team, and we just string a set of results together. I'm at my wits end. I'll play this season out to see what happens to my players, and the club, but I honestly can't see this game going the distance.

Thats a real shame. Next season will be the tough one if your players leave.

I'm literally looking at 3 of my first team squad staying. I wont have the wage budget to sign many new players either. If I get promoted this season (highly unlikey) - it will be the worst thing that could happen to the club. I actually think Relegation would be the best option, to consolidate the club, and improve finances.

I'm literally looking at 3 of my first team squad staying. I wont have the wage budget to sign many new players either. If I get promoted this season (highly unlikey) - it will be the worst thing that could happen to the club. I actually think Relegation would be the best option, to consolidate the club, and improve finances.

How come the finances are so bad? Poor board maybe, any indication they want to leave?

I'm already onto my 3rd Chairman. Each time they are promoted from within the club.

Finances are bad because I have an 8,000 capacity stadium, but only 240 seats. Which means my attendances have never really gone more than 1,500 per game. This with my wages, has just crippled me. I'm in my 12th season, and have never spent a single penny on a player. How sad is that..!! The only season I actually made profit was my final year in the BSP - while still semi-pro.

The Chairman "Loves the club" - Has already taken out £1.1 million in loans, and has injected nearly £1.5 million in cash, but the club is STILL £2million in the red. I lose roughly £200,000 per month. Its just a vicious circle. I need money to buy players to attract fans. But to get money, I need fans.

I need a big loan, a rich chairman, or a new job to get out of this mess :D

I'm already onto my 3rd Chairman. Each time they are promoted from within the club.

Finances are bad because I have an 8,000 capacity stadium, but only 240 seats. Which means my attendances have never really gone more than 1,500 per game. This with my wages, has just crippled me. I'm in my 12th season, and have never spent a single penny on a player. How sad is that..!! The only season I actually made profit was my final year in the BSP - while still semi-pro.

The Chairman "Loves the club" - Has already taken out £1.1 million in loans, and has injected nearly £1.5 million in cash, but the club is STILL £2million in the red. I lose roughly £200,000 per month. Its just a vicious circle. I need money to buy players to attract fans. But to get money, I need fans.

I need a big loan, a rich chairman, or a new job to get out of this mess :D

Or a nice juicy away tie in the FA Cup. That alone transformed my finances for a season anytime it happened. :)

Right guys, I'm in a bit of a pickle here, and I could use a little help.

My league form is pretty good when taken as a a whole; sitting just outside the playoffs with 46 points from 29 games.

My home form is fantastic, with 12 wins and 2 draws from the 15 games I've played.

My away form, however, is truly pants. 1 win, 5 draws and 8 losses are not undeserved stats - we've played terribly on the road.

Are there any suggestions as to how I can rectify this?

Chelseadaft 2019/2020 Staines Town League Two - Lost playoff final on Pens 10-9!

Hi all

So near so far, Still struggling with the finances. So players are being offloaded one way or the other so as a result my squad is suffering.

REMEMBER FOR FUTURE.....DO NOT SELL YOUR PLAYERS IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO AND THEY ARE GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE LEAGUE YOU ARE IN ALREADY!... sorry but i have to put that down in Caps to remind me and to give anyone else that will read this a hint for the lower leagues.

I managed to bring in some quality loans and some replacement players this season but nowhere near the standard i already had and to be honest they have done well. I managed to get into the play off places towards the end of the season and managed to stay there when it mattered.

Won the play off semi's by the odd goal in extra time and went to the final,. Could i do it, for the sake of my finances it was good for the extra revenue from the game to cut my debt, also the possibility of bouncing straight back up after being relegated would be fantastic given all the problems i am having.

But, it wasnt to be, after 120 mins it was 3-3 and believe it or not it went to a penalty shoot out where somehow it ended up 10-9!

Time to sell of the big names yet again and rebuild for next season. Screenies below:

Squad

Table

Finances

Transfers

PO Final

Season          League                   Position                 Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10         Blue Square South         17th                    None
2010/11         Blue Square South          3rd                    Lost PO Semi (Pens)
2011/12         Blue Square South          1st                    Champions
2012/13         Blue Square Premier        6th                    FA Trophy Winners
2013/14         Blue Square Premier        2nd                    Lost in Playoff Semi
2014/15         Blue Square Premier        1st                    Champions & FA Trophy Winners
2015/16         Coca Cola League 2         2nd                    Promoted.
2016/17         Coca Cola League 1         3rd                    Lost playoff semi finals
2017/18         Coca Cola League 1         8th                    Lost JPT final
2018/19         Coca Cola League 1         22nd                   Relegated
2019/20         Coca Cola League 2         4th                    Lost PO Final (Pens 10-9!!)

I see some already completed the challenge. However I'd love to have a go. So this would be the screenie showing my 25th of June 2009 Manager Profile.

Didn't want to go for the easiest of my options (Boston) nor the most difficult, Eastwood - so vamos vamos Ashford!

I am fairly sure Eastwood isn't the most difficult club, I am just making it look like a lot of hard work!

Unlucky Sirdez at losing your Canvey save.

Good luck Poyple with Swindon S and well done for getting them to appear.

Ridleys - Hendon - Coca Cola League 2 - 2016/17 (Season 8)

Media Prediction: 12th

My Prediction: 10th

Finally after 3 years in League 2 we have been promoted \o/. A good start to the season and consistent performences throughout saw us finish in 4th position. We went up through the playoffs in the end. At the beginning of the season I said to the board that we would win the league - simply because I wanted a higher wage budget and they wouldn't want to sack the best manager thaty have ever had if I didn't finish top.

We faced Bury in the Playoff Semi Final and after a 1-1 draw in the first leg away from home all we needed was a win in the second leg which was at our place so we had the home advantage. We edged it 1-0 and it was an own goal from one of their players that won it for us in the end! Grimsby won their Semi Final against Burton - so we were going to be playing them in the final. We have a pretty good record against Grimsby and have only lost 1 game against them and that might have given us the confidence we needed to win the game 1-0. We did get lucky though as they got a player sent off in the 2nd minute of extra time and we scored in the 110th minute to win the game.

Finances are looking bad :(. We have gone in to the dreaded red zone and it doesn't look like we'll be coming out of it anytime soon. I'm hoping that we can make a bit more money from gate receipts though now that we have been promoted to League, although we are almost filling out our stadium already each week. I have also tried numerous times to get a Parent Club just to bring in a little bit more money - but the board reject every time so I might just give up.

Final Position: 5th

Cups:

FA Cup: 3rd Round, knocked out by Tottenham 4-1

League Cup: 2nd Round, knocked out by Birmingham 2-1

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: 2nd Round, knocked out by Torquay 2-1

Top Goalscorer: Jay Rodriguez

Player of the Season: Chris Platnaeur

League Table

League Positions Graph

Transfers

Finances

Squad

Season Best Eleven | Overall Best Eleven

Manager Overview

Next Season:

• Do my best to get the bank balance out of the red

• Stay in League 1

Career so far:

League                  Season          Finished        Achievements
Blue Square Premier     2012/13         16th            Won FA Trophy
Blue Square Premier     2013/14         2nd             Promotion via playoffs, Won FA Trophy, Won Conference League Cup
Coca Cola League 2      2014/15         5th             Lost in Playoff Semi-Final
Coca Cola League 2      2015/16         11th            
Coca Cola League 2      2016/17         5th             Promoted via playoffs

This season is really frustating me. I reckon I could get relegated if I dont find some real form, and despite being in Europe all I can find are worse/backup players than the ones I have already. The crash where I had to replay a few matches didnt help my feelings towards this season, and I really don't know how to fix things. And any time I have good players they ultimately get sold for me, which is ridiculous given I needed the player in question for the EURO Cup knockout rounds.

Oh well I guess we knew it was gonna happen:( SACKED

So going to start again and learn from mistakes with this save!

Season          League                   Position                 Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10         Blue Square South         17th                    None
2010/11         Blue Square South          3rd                    Lost PO Semi (Pens)
2011/12         Blue Square South          1st                    Champions
2012/13         Blue Square Premier        6th                    FA Trophy Winners
2013/14         Blue Square Premier        2nd                    Lost in Playoff Semi
2014/15         Blue Square Premier        1st                    Champions & FA Trophy Winners
2015/16         Coca Cola League 2         2nd                    Promoted.
2016/17         Coca Cola League 1         3rd                    Lost playoff semi finals
2017/18         Coca Cola League 1         8th                    Lost JPT final
2018/19         Coca Cola League 1         22nd                   Relegated
2019/20         Coca Cola League 2         4th                    Lost PO Final (Pens 10-9!!)
2020/21         Coca Cola League 2                                Sacked!

Unlucky ChelseaDaft. Better luck for your next attempt.

I suppose the only saving grace of my multiple chairmen, is despite a few relegations they haven't gotten round to sacking me yet.

Gutted (well done on your recent success into the Prem and good luck):thup:

Boston United - End of Season 2021/22

Championship table

Squad 2021/22

Star Players

Defender Graham Corcoran

Winger Dan Corbett

Striker Paul Smedley

Review

A struggle at times, but ultimately, a mid tabel finish was achieved with much satisfaction. A jant into the Quarter Finals of the League Cup saw us go out away to Arsenal - but the gate receipts of the Emirates game set us up for the season. Centre back Corcoran played all 52 games, as did loanee goalkeeper Paul Taylor (the third season he has been on loan to us from parent club Newcastle). Smedley's 27 goals certainly helped, as we missed him when he was unavailable. I like to push for the Play Offs next season, but we need to establish ourselves in the division, and build up the facilities. We still play in 6600 capacity York Street, with adequate training and minimal youth facilities - although we do have a youth academy. I invested in the future in January, spending around £200k on 5 youngsters. Another 3 are arriving in July.

Bradford Park Avenue - 2015/16 Blue Square Premier end of season update

Blah, blah, and more blah.

That was pretty much the season in a nutshell, which resulted in absolutely no measurable progress. After spending a grand total of three matchdays in the playoff positions near the start of the season, we never saw them again, spending the rest of the time in midtable obscurity. There was the theoretical chance of a comeback through New Year's Day, but then a run of two and a half months without a league win ensured that wouldn't happen. By the time we did start to recover in late March, it was far too late to matter. (Indeed, after the Setanta Shield final, I played the rest of the season on commentary only just to be done with the damned thing.)

Final position: 10th (media prediction: 16th)

League Table | Position History

Finances

Slowly on the rise. It's safe to assume I'm going to need at least another promotion in order to ever get enough money to receive a transfer budget or anything, though.

Graph

Squad/Transfers

I didn't feel like I needed to make any significant upgrades at the start of the season, and I think that may explain the massive stagnation. New keeper Stuart Burrell was decent to good, while parent club loan Daniel Young was fair at best in midfield. As I mentioned in the midseason report, I released a ton of out-of-contract players in an attempt to improve squad harmony. It worked, but I certainly don't see any improvement in match performance as a result.

Current Squad | Transfers

Cups

Conference League Cup (board expectation: 4th Round; exceeded)

North 3rd Round: Bradford PA 1-0 York

North 4th Round: Bradford PA 3-1 Halesowen

Quarterfinal: Bradford PA 0-0 King's Lynn (pens 4-3)

Semifinal: Cambridge City 2-3 Bradford PA

Final: Bournemouth 1-0 Bradford PA

I still maintain that we could win that damn thing if we didn't always have to play the final at the other team's ground.

FA Cup (board expectation: 1st Round; exceeded)

4th Qualifying Round: Bradford PA 2-0 Farsley

1st Round: Bradford PA 2-2 Accrington

1st Round Replay: Accrington 1-4 Bradford PA

2nd Round: Bradford PA 0-3 Preston

FA Trophy (board expectation: 3rd Round; failed)

1st Round: Solihull Moors 2-3 Bradford PA

2nd Round: Bradford PA 0-0 Cambridge City

2nd Round Replay: Cambridge City 2-0 Bradford PA

Player Statistics

Top goalscorer: Jack Shaw (27)

Most assists: Jason Walker (11)

Most man of match awards: Jack Shaw (9)

Most yellow cards: Mark Tulloch (15)

Most red cards: Mark Tulloch (3)

Best average rating: Glenn Coleman (7.13)

Manager/Player Awards

Player of the Month:

1st - Kevin Lee (Feb), Jack Shaw (Apr)

Young Player of the Month:

1st - Glenn Coleman (Mar)

2nd - Mark Tulloch (Dec)

3rd - Mark Tulloch (Aug), Glenn Coleman (Oct)

Manager of the Month:

no top 3 finishes

Fans' Player of the Year: Jack Shaw

Best Eleven: Season | Overall (new inductees: Watts, Burrell, Ellis, Young)

Club records broken this season

Team

Lowest attendance: 156 (v King's Lynn, CLC QF)

Player

Worst discipline: Mark Tulloch, 15 yellow and 3 red

Goals for next season

Successfully complete a season without an embarrassing second half collapse. Please?!?

League               Season  Med pred  Prom odds  Finished  Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square North    09/10     20th     2000-1      18th
Blue Square North    10/11     22nd      300-1       5th    Lost playoff semis
Blue Square North    11/12     11th        6-1       2nd    Trophy QF, lost playoff final
Blue Square North    12/13      7th        5-2       7th
Blue Square North    13/14      9th        6-1       2nd    Promoted via playoffs
Blue Square Premier  14/15     22nd       33-1       9th    CLC runner-up
Blue Square Premier  15/16     16th       10-1      10th    CLC runner-up

Booth's Guiseley Game

CocaCola Championship

Final Postion: 24th

Cups FA 4th rnd (chelsea)

League cup 3rd Rnd

we got 28 points, no screen shot, not worth it. 7 wins

Top Scorer: David Ball 17

I knew this was going to be hard, we scraped into the playoffs and shear form got us up but to lose this badly was not expected. I've never come last before in any division, gutted. Couldn't sign anyone good enough to keep us up in a league where Shaun Wright-Phillips plays and teams like West Ham and West Brom slot goals past you for fun.

Anyway, next year I hope we can bounce back but David Ball is reluctant to sign a new contract having tastedt the hights of the championship he is hungry for more. Hope to hang on to him but I don't know if I can or not.

Next seasons aims:

Get Promotoed again

try and play my promising 20 yr olds more so they won't get embarassed when we go up

get some tactics together!

MikaelS - Chippenham - End of Season 2 (2010/2011)

Blue Square Premier Prediction - 23rd

Blue Square Premier Position - 1st

F.A Cup - 3rd Round (v Reading)

Conference League Cup - Winners (v Accrington)

F.A Trophy - Winners (v Grays)

Blue Square Premier (1st) - League Table | League Graph

BSP League Summary

Waaaay above expectations. I had hoped for a middle position, but the players I picked up, really proved to provide the strength I needed. Accrington kept being 5-6 points ahead but in the end I sneaked by them to secure the title. Funny thing is, I seemed to have the upper hand on every game against Accrington. Forest Green actually proved to be the toughest team to beat.

Domestic Cups

Fantastic run. Reading was too big a challenge in the FA but 3rd round is a good result. Winning The Conference league cup was a great result, especially because of the 4-1 win over Accrington. Winning the Fa Trophy again just proved that this cup belongs to us especially when seeing the result in the final against the Grays.

Best Elevens - Overall | Season

Record Sheet - Player Records | Team Records

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Team Info

Information Overview

Information Stats

Information Facts

Information Stadium/Facilities

Other Info

Player Selection

Finances

Wages

Transfers 1 | Transfers 2

Affiliated Clubs

Chippenham Staff

Players of the Season

Mikkel Hansen - Arrived this season on a free. Has been playing absolutely fantastic, mostly as right back.

Peter Hansen - A solid performance in mid defense. Is still wanted by several clubs.

Marc Nielsen - once again playing good. Had him play mostly the DMC position and he returned 9 goals and 11 assists.

Kim Petersen - Once again providing the goals, especially in the cups.

Luke Medley - Newcomer to the team as replacement of Duelund who was out due to injury. He didn't let me down and provided 21 goals.

Glenn Burge - Arrived late but didn't disappoint me. 22 goals in 26 matches.

Chippenham Awards

Fans Player of the Year - Peter Hansen

BSP Manager of the Year - Mikael Schøler

Players on BSP Team of the Year - 3

New Chippenham Records

High scoring game - 5-5

wins in a row - 10 wins

Unbeaten run - 26 matches

Lowest attendance - 341

Highest attendance - 1789 (fanday)

Biggest win - 7-0

Season Summary

Once again a very surprising season. I expected to battle hard against relegation, but I found myself finding it easy staying at the top. The cup runs gave us good money so I could afford spending some money on players. I'm very please to have signed some promising youngsters who, hopefully, will replace some of the older players. Tasks for the new season must be to find a better attacking midfielder who's strong in the assist department. Also, the right midfield position is weak so I might look into strengthening that too. Otherwise its all about staying up and not get relegated.

Other News

Chippenham turn Professional

I can now scout other countries than England. This includes France and Spain.

Game Summary

Season         League               Position                  Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10        Blue Square South    1st place (103 points)    Division Champions, FA Trophy
2010/11        Blue Square Premier  1st place (107 points)    Division Champions, Conference League, FA Trophy

New Youth Intake

Matthew Crawford - M C Profile | Coach Report

I think he has potential. Unfortuantely I'm only playing with one regular midfielder, so he will probably not get that many matches.

Tribute goes to Nep for letting me use his seasonal template :-)

Bradford PA 2010/11

Finished 6th having been in a playoff position going into the final game away to 15th placed Grays - my defenders decided not to tackle, strikers couldn't get an effort on target and I picked up my first red card lost 1-2.

FA Cup - 2nd Rd

CC - lost in Final

FAT - 2nd Rd

On the plus side made £400k profit.

Finally got around to checking out the earlier version of the save which I'd saved apart from the one I was using and it runs out I'll have to start the season over. Have to start from pre-season again. Probably for the best in that I've made better signings for the future and got rid of deadweight. Probably not going to get that FA Cup tie against Arsenal now and probably will be fighting relegation now instead of being at the top. :( We'll see though and hopefully I have a better season. First game of League Two again coming up.

Archived