Football Manager 2009 9.1.0 - First Impressions

amer

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm on Jury service and yesterday the Judge announced we would have to take a half-day as he has other commitments in the afternoon.I nearly let out a whoop of joy!!!

What is Jury service like?

I've always wanted to do it.

I just happen to have a chest infection on the day of release so cant go to work....Bummer lol

So after my visit to the lovely female doctor, my first thought will be heading into woolworths to get my copy

I'm going to Woolies in precisely 47 minutes. Happy Happy days. Booked day off. Weather's crap, coffee's warm and my bum is going to be stuck on my sofa for as long as I can get away with it.

You're absolutely right, I really do want to. But I'm a driving instructor and have 2 people doing their test today so I can't really cancel !

Yo don't go on the test though, just take laptop, purchase transformer to plug into fag lighter and hey presto!.....at least 2 hours of FM

I find it the best game in the series and its all because of the 3d match engine, because apart from that its pretty much the same experience as all the other FM's.

Thanks for choosing a name that couldn't be much closer to mine!

i'll be playing tonight. gotta wait for my wife to come in from work (finishes at 8pm - she's picking the game up at lunch for me) and my 1 year old daughter to go to bed. After that it's FM all the way!!!!! oh and to make sure the wife isn't feeling left out it'll be FMH for her.

Can't wait! :D

while downloading patch i ran a 1 year holiday game, and processing speed seems a bit quicker. also ready in the manual that some squad screen columns can be moved and resized :thup:

just finished downloading the patched, installed and ready to go - and now it's a huge lightning storm, so have to shut down computer so it can't get blown :(

crazy installation process that took bout 45 minutes. my code had both "o" and "0"s! had to use si's code paste at the top of the page to get it to work, oh and i hate steam! besides that the game seems great, looks nice in widescreen..

Only played about 5 friendlies and tinkered a little with training and tactics but all looking great so far. I have had a couple of funny instances, firstly there was a time in the 3d view where the penalty areas were missing one of their lines and secondly the formation chart in the tactics box duplicated my strikers and midfielders.

I have a feeling this is going to be the longest day in work EVER....I've got my copy safely bought from the shop and the wait is killing me....roll on 5.30!!!

Half tempted to install it on my work computer right now you know...

If you do you won't do much work today...

I don't even play it now, because I'm afraid I will miss my important class at Uni.

By the way, I have a lot to read with the new tactical guide released over in the tactics forum!

Ordered it yesterday after reading alot of good things(never tried the demo was way too busy)and the company are normally very good and on time,sadly no e-mail telling me they have sent it,like the normally do and there website is showing next day delivery,so now am just waiting on the postman to pass and keeping the little hope I have left it will come today though it is looking like the wife will have my attention for at least 1 more night :p

I cancelled my pre-order a while back.

I want to wait until the game is fully patched up before playing seriously.

But my local Game store has shelves full to the brim with shiny new copies, calling out to me....

I'm trying to resist the urge; like a recovering crack addict living 5 minutes from his dealer... :D

waiting for my lazy wife to get her arse out of bed so that I can go out, get breakfast and stuff, and buy the game (amongst other things I need to do today, and there will be hell to pay if I just go get the game and bring it back ¬_¬ )

Hmm...

I was disappointed with FM08 initially, so I wasn't going to buy FM09, maybe wait for the 2nd iteration of the 3D engine in FM10, but the comments here are so positive, I might have to change my mind. (Damn you, SI, damn you!!!)

Will likely wait a bit, tho, we're expecting our 2nd child any day, so the missus will NOT be happy to see me play FM while she's up to her elbows in nappies and stuff...

back online (mike7077 - it was in western sydney)......a few games done, and i'm impressed with the improvements in watching 3d between the demo and 9.1. Looks a lot smoother, and some nice moves in the match. condition seems a lot better, all my guys were falling over in the demo, it's alright now.

Just 4 games in playing Everton with the new patch and I'm finding it allot different to 2008,the match engine seems a big improvement wingers actually beat a man through dribbling now it seems and the general play seems allot more varied.

my big gripes are I've got 9 first team injuries 5 of them long term and i don't seem to be able to get the players in certain positions ie. wingers,strikers back to anything like 100% match fit even with a week between games.I'm using my FM 08 training so nothing to over arduous.Also when viewing 3d match in classic view after the extended highlights finish wont seem to go back to my teams match stats as it used to for 2d so I'm missing big chunks of whats going on in the game as the action in-between fly's by at and 100 miles per hour.

My conclusion is without another patch im going to have to seriously lower my training schedules which i don't mind if that's the way the game was designed to be just hoping its not still the injury bug or I'm wasting my time starting this new game

I don't know about the game but I'm not really excited after playing the demo and reading the "Football Manager 2009 v9.1.0 - Change List" and seeing that Portugal national team has last years kits, as does Benfica and Sporting! (These are some of the thinks which were practically ignored by SI in the [Portugal] (Official) Data Issues thread... )

For those of you that have played both the demo as well as the full version, could you rate both on a scale of 1-10 overall, just so the others could get a comparison, since most of us would have played the demo but are waiting on the real thing.

I'm sure everyone would appreciate this.

But you DID install the patch? What is the players Natural Fitness?? I think you should take this into account when they get injured. and of course the hidden stat: injury prone.

Yes running the new patch and a new game,it just doesn't seem likely that i get 10 players out after 4 games, The condition thing seems position specific as in if i play arteta left wing the ass man is telling me he looks exhausted after around 60 Min's so i bring him off then one week later hes still at 91 or 92 % so then i play baines there who has better stamina and pretty much the same result.As i mentioned before these players are using my 08 training schedules and didn't have a problem at all there.

It seems to me with all the injuries everyone seems to be getting that they have either radically changed the condition system within 09 or its a bug only other thing i can think maybe causing it is this happens on the right wing also where I've been playing leon osman but in my formation these two positions have the highest creativity given to them so maybe its linked to that? Im not talking crazy creativity either just 14 on the slider

Yes running the new patch and a new game,it just doesn't seem likely that i get 10 players out after 4 games, The condition thing seems position specific as in if i play arteta left wing the ass man is telling me he looks exhausted after around 60 Min's so i bring him off then one week later hes still at 91 or 92 % so then i play baines there who has better stamina and pretty much the same result.As i mentioned before these players are using my 08 training schedules and didn't have a problem at all there.

It seems to me with all the injuries everyone seems to be getting that they have either radically changed the condition system within 09 or its a bug only other thing i can think maybe causing it is this happens on the right wing also where I've been playing leon osman but in my formation these two positions have the highest creativity given to them so maybe its linked to that? Im not talking crazy creativity either just 14 on the slider

Weird, I've heard this a lot though, allthough big issue's seem to be fixed after patch. Creativity of course leads to higher exaustion, cause they'll be all over the pitch.

Tell me your tempo ... and the weather conditions of the 4 matches that were played. Because of course you cant play VERY high tempo when it minus 10 degrees en pouring rain.

Ok...my thoughts...not happy. It's chewing through my computer's resources, it takes forever for anything to load. It practically required an IT degree to install it. This steam rubbish is confusing as all heck and I don't like it.

And I haven't made it past creating a game yet because it's just that damn slow, and it's not like my computer's rubbish; it's running a 2.2gHz processor, dual core, has a 100GB HDD and 1GB RAM. ****, it runs Pro Tools no worries (a program for recording and processing music, and for those not in the know, that can be a massive drain on the computer) but it can't run FM?? Come on. What gives??

Not Happy SI :(

Archived