FM 19 Beowulf 4231 4411 and 4141 Knap

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to switch the DLP to defensive in the 4-4-1-1 formation because I was very leaky, but  hasn't gone very well vs 1st placed Man City (I'm managing a 4th placed Aston Villa) and, considering the incoming Real Madrid UCL game, I changed the tactic to hopefully something more equilibrated with the wingbacks on support duties (most of the goals came from the wings either because the WB was too advanced, either the Wingers in front of them were too advanced; also, the center area was a bit exposed because the DLP / BBM were too far away)

So, would most likely fail again and still looking for a 4-4-1-1 / 4-2-3-1 Underdog formation. I wonder how would it work if I'd move the DLP and the BBM in the DM area and change the BBM  to Volante, something closer to the City formation

fm_2019-03-30_10-43-17.png

fm_2019-03-30_12-34-05.png

4-4-1-1 away.fmf

Edited by klaasjan

Yes, I need to train that by replacing the Pilgrimage 4-5-1 from 3rd slot which is ok-ish but I need to acomodate my AMC for those 2 other slots.

Just for testing purposes (I will continue with the 5-2 defeat) I  replayed the City game and I might keep this tactic because my team was much more stable and  our goal came form a nice positional play - the underlap right is awesome but I'm aware that's a single game and might be a one game wonder without testing it full season.

I forgot to record the replay and you have to trust my  warning re the corners: while they are working in most of the cases, their goal came from a counter-attack from a failed corner kick as they escaped 2 vs my RB who was the only one who stayed back :D

fm_2019-03-30_13-25-38.png

How glad I am to be back to playing with Knaps tactics.

After experimenting with some other forum tactics and having performance crisis with Roma, I switched to 442 106 allcups and 4411 108 allcups.

Against Juventus I decided to play with 4411 and only change the mentality to cautious. I can't remember the last time I beat Juventus away.

Thanks Knap for top tactics!

388494221_JuventusvRoma_MatchReview.thumb.png.65815d26a1943fe76ba2ea9fc1a1820d.png

Hi Knap, just wanted to start with saying thank you for all your work which has helped me a lot the past years!

I want to use 4-4-1-1 but my problem is that the OMC always suck so I was thinking about changing it to 4-4-1-1 assymetrical like this picture:

image.thumb.png.7134bbd3011f2a176efeba38071e45a9.png

(Dont mind the roles, it's not my team)

Do you think that would work well with this ME? I had a lot of success with this formation on FM16 and it's the only formation I've used the last years where the OMC actually played good!

I prefer a normal 4411, but any reasonable formation can work but if not happy with AMC push further up with a SS.

Have a look at the Lpool formation I did for Salah with Firmino just behind.

Not convinced 4231 would be good for an underdog, and would be inclined to use the 41311 tactic above or a 442, 4141 or 451.

Another approach would be to use the mentality game, which Optimus uses.

On 18/04/2019 at 16:59, knap said:

Not convinced 4231 would be good for an underdog, and would be inclined to use the 41311 tactic above or a 442, 4141 or 451.

Another approach would be to use the mentality game, which Optimus uses.

Whats your best 4231 that mostly works at all levels? Usually do a lower league save and a prem save.

On 28/03/2019 at 06:13, knap said:

The latest BEOWULF set up has 4 formations 4231 442 4411 and 4141, the last being most defensive. Also PILGRIMAGE 4141 and BEOWULF 442 IW which are again more defensive. There is also a SUS tactic which can be used to close out games.

Apart from formation changes there is also the mentality game. Optimusprimal thread goes into great detail, but in essence you are looking to use a control (positive) and cautious mentalities.

With these options you have an arsenal of ways to play the AI.

Hey Knap, where are the lastest BEOWULF tactics ? are they set up to download as a pack ? or all individual ? if so can you link them for me please ?

thanks for your awesome work 

Depends on squad quality but Home P103ECCC and away PILGRIMAGE 4141.

Unplugged tactics will be lower scoring but as long as winning then I would not change anything/

Knap, Can you please tell your about training and set peices taker?

What kind of match prep do YOU recommend for your tactics? This would improve match results for us.

It is really confusing to find out about wingers prefered foot in your tactic, Would you tell in tactics if they are normal winger or inverted wingers?

Thank you

All training is with AM as is match prep.

Takers are set up or I do not specify.

With wingers you need to check ppm for cut in preference, then if winger right on right, with IW then cut in preference or maybe left on right. The easiest way to check is with AM pick. I only use AM pick Training AM, no shouts etc  so that the tactic is not influenced by me playing the game, this is Observer testing.

Example of taker set up (TK)

1613941872_Screenshot(1879).thumb.png.90b497f940cd244ebbc8d4ad200f4d22.png

Edited by knap

36 minutes ago, knap said:

All training is with AM as is match prep.

Takers are set up or I do not specify.

With wingers you need to check ppm for cut in preference, then if winger right on right, with IW then cut in preference or maybe left on right. The easiest way to check is with AM pick. I only use AM pick Training AM, no shouts etc  so that the tactic is not influenced by me playing the game, this is Observer testing.

Example of taker set up (TK)

1613941872_Screenshot(1879).thumb.png.90b497f940cd244ebbc8d4ad200f4d22.png

Sorry, I didnt understand the winger thing? Could you please explain?

Is you use AM quick pick the AM should put the winger on best side.

I would then experiment trying wingers on the other side and then decide which best suits squad.

Can also use the team screenshot as a guide of which way round the wingers are likely to work best for each tactic.

Great tactic - get a lot of goals from midfield however my striker has only scored 1 in 10

shall I look for another striker to fit the role of change it to another role to suit him? (He’s a poacher)

(He’s the best player in the squad rating wise)

Edited by oi_oi_ginger_roy

If the team result are good then I would not worry about the striker as still an important part of the team. Strikers scoring has been a general problem of this FM, compared to really good striker movement last year.

If you look at roles a lot are so similar it makes no difference for a player, but just a tactic tool.

1108313200_Screenshot(1872).thumb.png.50f6770bc185150f16e03b50580da0da.png1908841315_Screenshot(1873).thumb.png.0549d0ff422941eb2ae9af5a7890c40d.png

On 25/04/2019 at 06:28, knap said:

The top tactics are considered to be

P108 no loss 4411

P106 ALL CUPS 442

P103 ECCC 442 (Good for underdogs_

PILGRIMAGE 4141 (Good for underdogs)

Excuse me, what's the latest best tactics for underdogs while you have upgrated your tactics such as 442PFP(p112) ??