FM 19 Beowulf 4231 4411 and 4141 Knap

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the 19.3.4 tactics are based on 19.1 Tactics. I would recommend the underdog tactics above together with the 442 P109 All Cups.

8 hours ago, knap said:

A lot of the 19.3.4 tactics are based on 19.1 Tactics. I would recommend the underdog tactics above together with the 442 P109 All Cups.

442 P109 beowulf or Wulf? Could you link please. Thanks Knap 

Hi Knap,

Really love your tactics! 
I'm playing with Leeds United and I promoted first season and second season I'm champions right away.

Now I've moved on from being underdog to being a top-tier team so I was wondering: What tactic is the best for a top tier team?

THanks in advance! 

EDIT: I've been using the Beowulf 4-4-2 btw

Edited by jurwouters

I feel like my Advanced Forward isn't doing anything useful, he is on a 10 match goalless streak. I'm using the 103 IW because my full backs and wingers fit that tactic the best.

I'm leading the league but can't help but feel that my striker could be more useful.

He is the best rated striker in the league and the AF role suits him, should I maybe change it to something else?

EDIT: I play Dinamo Zagreb and dominate the league, but I'm wondering, when I play the champions league and face someone like Bayern, should I switch the mentality to cautious or do the tactics always work best as attacking?

And another question: The short corner seems like an exploit of the match engine, the AI can't seem to handle it and my right back always has a free shot on target from it, can you confirm that this is the case, because if it is, I don't want to exploit the ME, when I win 1-0 and the single goal was from that kind of corner, I just feel like I'm cheating.

Edited by ThomasCro

1 minute ago, knap said:

I assume you are warning and fining. Try changing Hard tackling PI after yellow card.

yeah have been doing so. Last match the DLP was booked and i took off the hard tackling after and he completed the 90 so hopefully that will sort it.

Change to P109, but if you do not want long throws/short corners then there are unplugged tactics. Also can try the unplugged SPs in P109.

5 minutes ago, knap said:

Change to P109, but if you do not want long throws/short corners then there are unplugged tactics. Also can try the unplugged SPs in P109.

I'm sorry, is that comment addressed at me? So I just stick with a very attacking tactic when I'm a huge underdog?

Also, I don't know what unplugged means, sorry.

Edited by ThomasCro

Hello, knap.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm using the 19.34 4231 beowulf, it has many shots and control possesion. However, my AF always misses one-on-one clear cut chances when receiving straight long passes. The AF even not scores once in 6 matches after using this tactics.

The scorers are AML, AMR, MC and one from DC, with GS:GA=14:4 with 4 win and 2 draw. I will keep using it and monitor my AF's performance.

On 09/05/2019 at 19:07, callme_hd said:

Hello, knap.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm using the 19.34 4231 beowulf, it has many shots and control possesion. However, my AF always misses one-on-one clear cut chances when receiving straight long passes. The AF even not scores once in 6 matches after using this tactics.

The scorers are AML, AMR, MC and one from DC, with GS:GA=14:4 with 4 win and 2 draw. I will keep using it and monitor my AF's performance.

Then buy a better striker. Not the tactics fault that he misses clear cut chances

@knap Firstly thanks for all the work you put into these tactics, for sharing them, and particularly for taking the time to reply to so many people!

Just a quick question - I've noticed you use the role Wide Midfielder in a lot of your tactics - is there any particular reason for this? I realise the positions are heavily modified with individual instructions, but the reason I ask is that so few players seem to be proficient in this role. It's more the minor annoyance of seeing the alarming red circles / sections of pitch on the tactic screen telling me that my players are crap in the role. Would be interested to hear the reasoning. Is it because they have so few instructions hard coded so are relatively blank slates to create the exact role you want?

Cheers

Edited by DrVanNostrand

The roles are just a means to make a tactic work. Usually for a player a green position is all that is needed, and sometimes even this is not required.

On 30/03/2019 at 16:09, knap said:

There is also a Lpool based 451

848370969_Screenshot(1769).thumb.png.18a879ebcb59ab8ae4a4b2c5e7293814.png

Thank you for sharing. Is there any player instructions or is that all? Also I do not believe my CBs can play as ball-playing CBs as their passing and vision values are too low. I think it is ok if I just use normal CB-Defend for both.

I am managing Arsenal and I am failing to win easy matches, although I am doing well for the standard of my players. 

Thank you for sharing. 

Only TIME Tactics don't use PIs. Probably better to use a version of 442.

I used this tactic with Arsenal and you can see the role fit is not an issue.

1013583567_Screenshot(1965).thumb.png.1a4f94c15b8fa1530e1141f94eb8299d.png597353477_Screenshot(1966).thumb.png.53b07de9ab00cf3f55137080e58b923a.png

Currently on my travels and using the fm touch on the switch, and as u can't import tactics like on pc can someone plz kindly put photos up ov the best tactic on switch the current version is 19.3,so I can copy across my self thank u in advance p. S love the work knap 

Knap first of all congratulations for sharing these very good tactics with us.

I want to ask you a question because my head is about to break.I want to do a good save with Man City and i can't find a good tactic for this.Can you suggest me a tactic plz?

P108 4411NO LOSS or the 4141 tactics, although many of MC squad can play as strikers

You can try the 451 or 4231 tactics but testing  does show these are less efficient than the MR/ML Tactics.

Edited by knap

Using the 4141, which is great. But I’ve been caught out quite a lot recently on corners because no defenders have been left back, and the opposition just goes and scores. What can I change to stop this?

There should be at least 1 WB staying back and a designated corner taker. It appears that these instructions are being ignored by the ME. (Set Pieces in general are a mess).

I would check which players in squad are being allocated to take corners or allocate your best corner taker and then change the corner set up to reflect choice.

The top tactics are considered to be

P109 ALL CUPS SP (Top and Sub)

P108 no loss 4411 (top)

P106 ALL CUPS 442 (top)

P103 ECCC 442 (Good for underdogs_

PILGRIMAGE 4141 (Good for underdogs)

6 小时前, knap说:

The top tactics are considered to be

P109 ALL CUPS SP (Top and Sub)

P108 no loss 4411 (top)

P106 ALL CUPS 442 (top)

P103 ECCC 442 (Good for underdogs_