FM 19 Beowulf 4231 4411 and 4141 Knap

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, whispers said:

With the amount of shots taken from outside the box, shouldnt we focus more on how good our players actually are in the long shot category?

It definitely makes sense. In 14 games my midfielders have 12 goals, most of them outside the box. 

For Underdog teams I would use PILGRIMAGE 4141 and a 442 P103EC and try the latest 4231 or 451.

Pogba would be highly recommended or similar and the Lpool FBs, so good longshots would help.

39 minutes ago, knap said:

In theory there are no ME changes. However, there has been reports of the AI using more unusual formations and perhaps more red cards.

I've been using your 4231 tactic since the begining and I've followed all of your updates, but the current one isn't working at all. I thought you might try to change something.

1 minute ago, knap said:

Any reason why not working? Top sub under dog?

The next tactics for 19.3.3 are 433, 343 and a Flat 451 which is closest to a 4231.

Screenshot (1681).png

Screenshot (1680).png

Cannot dominate the possession like before, concede more goals, and much weaker in away games. It doesn't matter the team I manage, I used it even with the kind of teams who were predicted to get relegated and still win the league. Not anymore.

P.S. can you share with us the links of the above mentioned formations.

Long throws and short corners are much less effective.

Just looking at options and I will see if it will work as a 4231.

It will be in the PILGRIMAGE Flat 451 thred when posted

The tweaked Beowulf tactic is amazing, winning scoring not conceding but my attacking mid is useless, stats wise he is my best player but is invicible in every game, any tips?

I don't pay attention to the in game ratings, and AMs can get low ratings. The AI are also blocking the centre very effectively which is not helping using an AM. If you are getting results then the team is playing well with the AM performance

16 hours ago, Ibrahimomyth said:

I was using with Ajax and I was able to win eredivise unbeaten and win the Champions League.

I am trying to get some good results with Utrecht and they are harder after the 3.3 update, it seems...

On 19/03/2019 at 15:05, StevenR said:

I am trying to get some good results with Utrecht and they are harder after the 3.3 update, it seems...

Yeah, I know that and I'm struggling with the new update, I'm testing a new one with Ajax and will upload if everything works out ok.

It is only a problem because SI decided to add roles that pigeon hole players. If there were no roles it would just be a 4231 tactic.

I will look at the IFs and WBs

My best test method is passive observer.

I do intervene if a SUS tactic is required, as these can only be set up to deal with a specific circumstances.

I instant result, no match plan, is next best as a tactic test.

hey knap, im using your 4231IFA Tactic (but not the latest in my current season) and i have a quick question:

would you do any slight changes for approaching away games or when facing a much stronger opponent?

The latest BEOWULF set up has 4 formations 4231 442 4411 and 4141, the last being most defensive. Also PILGRIMAGE 4141 and BEOWULF 442 IW which are again more defensive. There is also a SUS tactic which can be used to close out games.

Apart from formation changes there is also the mentality game. Optimusprimal thread goes into great detail, but in essence you are looking to use a control (positive) and cautious mentalities.

With these options you have an arsenal of ways to play the AI.

In theory the latest tactics would be the same set up but with revised set pieces. Give the older version a try if if it does not deliver change to newer version.

Seems that the Bewolf 4231 IF AF is a home / favourite tactic and the Bewolf  4411 P108 ALLCUPS is the underdog / away one. Am I right?

Due to rotation / squad quality / player development reasons I have always used a combo of 451 + 4231+ 4-1-4-1. In my current save I'm forced by an early mistake ( my right footed "wingers" are the best at speed and crossing, while the left footed  have **** crossing, 12-13 acc but very good driblling and passing +flair) to find a way to develop my emerging strikers (who also have **** crossing and 12-13 acc) and I find it very hard to train them as WM / IW so that's why I need a combo of tactics to play them as AM / IF and maybe, just maybe, keep only one role as a Winger.

So, probably I need to move some of those left footed to AM role and buy a speedy winger, but if I would want to tweak those Bewolf 4231 IF AF, Bewolf  4411 P108 ALLCUPS and Pilgrimage (?) 451 to have one IF and one W, how would i need to setup them? IFL (+ LWB) + RW (+RCWB) or LW (+LCWB) + IFR (RWB)?