FM 19 Beowulf 4231 4411 and 4141 Knap

Knap, first thanks for all your great tactics.

Apologizes in advance if already answered this kind of question but:

Which tactics would you recommend for new man utd career save preferably a 4231 (Time or Beowulf?)    and one more defensive (like a 41221 aka 433? or suggesting another one?) and finally who takes corners, still wingback for each side or best set piece taker?

cheers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

last question and i'll try to be more clear...i really appreciate your time

In that defence structure i want to mark the player who recieve the short long throw.Particularly i want to bring more than one player to mark that throw in. Is there any suggestion?

qqq.png

1 hour ago, KoBet said:

last question and i'll try to be more clear...i really appreciate your time

In that defence structure i want to mark the player who recieve the short long throw.Particularly i want to bring more than one player to mark that throw in. Is there any suggestion?

qqq.png

You can't do anything to defend against it. It is a match engine problem.

3 minutes ago, kelmi55 said:

You can't do anything to defend against it. It is a match engine problem.

However,it's not happening against all teams. So this is why im digging into that. For sure it's a match engine but there is a counter for this,an option,something...

5 minutes ago, KoBet said:

However,it's not happening against all teams. So this is why im digging into that. For sure it's a match engine but there is a counter for this,an option,something...

My guess would be that the set-play needs to be played at exact location. If you can't prevent conceding throw in from that dangerous position you are screwed. AI does not use this throw in setup.

Edited by kelmi55

They are using the same long throw set up as the tactic you are using. Never been reported as issue with other online players.

You can try closing down corner in the corner set up, or man mark in throw in set up.

4 minutes ago, knap said:

They are using the same long throw set up as the tactic you are using. Never been reported as issue with other online players.

You can try closing down corner in the corner set up, or man mark in throw in set up.

i tried "mark man" instruction,but still noone marked that throw in!!! haha

Nevermind...thanks for your time. keep up the good work

41 minutes ago, knap said:

If they are using short corner set up then use the close down

Throw ins I cannot see any way to man mark the free players.

We have tried and there is nothing to do against the throw in setup

Just posted this on the Discord so sorry to anyone who lurks in both zones for having to read my waffle twice - you may have spotted there are one or two Knap tactic threads so you may spot this in one or two others just to spread the love and help prevent people chewing their dogs face off having conceded yet another late goal! :D

"Anyone using Knap's tactics with the later corner routines may want to bear this in mind,  especially so when setting up an SUS as it's far more prevalent later in the game when the AI is going  gung-ho. Been studying more and more how I concede goals - lots are direct free kicks, far too many worldy strikers, but otherwise I get  alot of 2 on 1's, may of which are coming from my own set pieces it turns out;

unknown.png

My guy misses his header unsurprisingly, ball breaks and notice AI has 3 guys up top against just ONE of my guys - glimmer of hope that maybe it'll be flagged as offside;

unknown.png

Ruthlessly irritating AI knows what it's doing though - I'd argue he's interfering with play as a 2 on 1 but referees i guess! Rest is inevitable;

unknown.png

unknown.png

Note that this example happened with mentality set to very defensive and all my SUS options turned on. Done some testing and it's consistent across mentalities and with different tactics. Doesn't always happen ofc - an ultra defensive AI is never leaving 3 attackers up the pitch, they don't seem to try it as much if you're multiple goals ahead either, but be wary and maybe - if leading - think about swapping your attacking corner routines for something more defensive. Haven't observed it with throws as yet, nor have I tried it with a top level team so maybe doesn't happen as much with them (although possibly they'd more ruthlessly exploit it?).

Hope it helps!

FM  19.2 From Top dog to Under dog

ARGUS Press 352                             P105               Sub
TIME343 Press                                 P105

BEOWULF Press 4231                    P108

BEOWULF 4231   TH                             P109 TH P102

BEOWULF 4231 STD DL                   P102
BEOWULF Press 424                      P106

BEOWULF 424 IF  Press                 P105

BEOWULF 442WF9                          P108
BEOWULF 442w                              P105

ARGUS 3421 IF                                  P105                        sub

ARGUS  451                                      p110                         sub

ARGUS  41131                                 P108 ALL CUPS

ROUTE 66      442                             P106                         sub

STARGAZING Press                        P107

DARK SIDE 4231                             P102

DARK SIDE 4411                            P103

DARK SIDE 451 Positive               P101

MU 07/08 442                               P103
BLUE MATTER Press 433             P109                            sub + under
BLUE   MATTER Press 4312        p104

BLUE MATTER 4321                     P109 ALL CUPS

BLUE MATTER 4321 CF                P108 ALL CUPS

WOF 343 Press                            P103 ALLCUPS

GOODBYE  3412                           P103
MIDSOMER Press 442                P104 ALL CUPS                  sub    under
BEOWULF Press 451                   P100 ALL CUPS             sub  under
MIDSOMER Press  4411             P105 ALL CUPS

BEOWULF 442 IW STD DL          P107 ALL CUPS

BEOWULF AF                                P106

BEOWULF 442 PF                         P107

BEOWULF 442 PF                         P108 ALL CUPS

BEOWULF 424                               P112 ALL CUPS

BEOWULF 4420                             P112 ALL CUPS

BEOWULF DEEP SICILIAN           P105

BEOWULF DEEP SICILIAN STD DL P106

SICILIAN DEFENCE 442 DM       P103                                       under

WARPIGS 4312                             P109

BEOWULF Press 4231 DM         P107

BEOWULF 442 F9                        P109

BEOWULF 442 IW                       P111 ALL CUPS

BEOWULF 4411   IW                       P107

BEOWULF 4411                           P105

TIME 4240 Positive                     P103

TIME  424      Press                      P107

TIME 3421 Press                          P103

TIME 4321                                     P108 ALL CUPS

TIME 4231             Press             P107

TIME 4231Positive                       P108

TIME 4231 Press DLPD              P101

TIME 343 IF                                          P105 ALL CUPS

TIME 451                                              P103                                       under

TIME 442                                             P110                                          under

TIME 4411                                          P110                                           under

VOLANTE 42211                                P109

VOLANTE   4222                      P110                                        under

VOLANTE MEZ Press                 P103                                     under

VOLANTE BBM Press                P100                                   under

BEOWULF 4411 NEWCASTLE   P92                                   under

PILGRIMAGE Flat 451                P105

PILGRIMAGE 451                         P105                              under
VOLANTE Anchor  424                P105                              under
PILGRIMAGE VOLANTE 3403      P99                               under

Edited by knap

5 hours ago, nemanja2306 said:

Knap, I'm think about starting a new save with Sevilla in Spain. Now, I was thinking about Beowulf 4231 Press for home/easy games and TIME 4231 Positive for away or more difficult games with maybe Beowulf 424 112P when I need a goal. Would this work?

I use Beowulf 4321 press with Ajax both home and away. Maybe sometimes in tougher games I play the DLP as a defensive instead of support, but otherwise no changes. Granted, Spain is a harder league than Holland but I still managed comfortable away wins at PSV and Feyenoord with this formation. Also won big games at Bayern, Man City in the CL without changing the tactic, so worth a try... 

Hi Knapp

First time poster. It must get really boring responding to repeat questions and I want to give you credit for your engagement with your fans!

I've read the entire thread and a few others and i'm really struggling to keep up with current best tactics in the current version of the game and where to find them.

I'm playing a multiplayer game as Fulham, default squads with no first summer window. What would you recommend? Really want to try a SV and i notice not many of your tactics feature a TM (to make the most of Mitrovic).

Cheers in advance.

On the basis somebody has won league 1st season with Fulham, then I would recommend that tactic.

I tend to ignore roles for players and look at positions. TMs attract the ball and makes tactics  too reliant on one player