Map of Clubs

ai2ker

I always thought it'd be a relatively pain-free and excellent feature edition, if you could map where the clubs are (basically along these lines):

4sPNmLR.thumb.jpg.80528d95998e54194434199b8deb23e2.jpg

I say painless, because every club has a city associated with it:

20180318230950_1.thumb.jpg.6e800ac1cffa7ac0d028aaae5692eac6.jpg

and because the location data of all these cities is already in the game:

5aaf561edaac5_download(20).thumb.jpg.aa545648cf0b383effadba57cf56ec06.jpg

Surely it'd add a level of immersion to know where your team is? Especially when managing in unfamiliar countries. Do you have the big city squad or one out in the Hinterlands? Where are your rivals relative to you? So on and so forth. 

11 часов назад, tiago_wakabayashi сказал:

I have to play any TCM if possible, it seemed far better than FIFAM in general

Well 15 years ago we were less demanding (it doesnt cancel the fact that FIFAM absolutely crap :lol:)

В 21.03.2018 в 06:58, tiago_wakabayashi сказал:

Would be a great game if it didn't have the worst ME I've seen

This was from FIFA04, not the worst as I remember. Future FIFAM were worse, because they dont use FIFA ME more

В 21.03.2018 в 14:55, YouReds сказал:

Would definitely love this idea, currently i'm managing SKA Khabarovsk in the Far East of Russia. Further east than Bangkok & Shanghai! L

Nightmare for UEFA - Russian teams from Far East qualify in eurocups :D

37 минут назад, Chesters86 сказал:

I like this idea, it's always nice to learn about where football clubs are located especially when managing in countries you're not too familiar with.

Yep, for example I studied European geography by football clubs ^_^

56 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Yep, for example I studied European geography by football clubs ^_^

Same, FM and CM taught me random cities in various countries but I have no clue of their location in their respective countries!!

This has been suggested many times before, but I'm all for it.

I'd like to think I have a good grasp of geography, but this would be very useful to me, particularly when managing abroad or in the regional leagues in England.

I've always thought this about when you go on a pre-season tour and how you visualise it. For example if you're touring the states, you woudn't go from New York to California to Florida in a week - maybe this is just me being anal about friendlies, I do often check Google maps and locations of cities before I start a ridiculous tour.

• 5 weeks later...

I personally see absolutely no use for this, nor any added value. In the game the distance or positioning doesn't affect anything. Just google the info u want, no reason to for every club put this in and thus waste value space and data. Plus in real life the position of a club hardly determines anything.

8 hours ago, JReid said:

I personally see absolutely no use for this, nor any added value. In the game the distance or positioning doesn't affect anything. Just google the info u want, no reason to for every club put this in and thus waste value space and data. Plus in real life the position of a club hardly determines anything.

It's not meant to determine anything I don't think, only there to let us see where clubs are in relation to each other for slightly more Immersion. 

2 hours ago, akura said:

It's not meant to determine anything I don't think, only there to let us see where clubs are in relation to each other for slightly more Immersion. 

Hence that same immersion u can get by just googling u said. Absolutely no added value in it and will only slow the game and waste space for better options and dynamics not to mention it takes time to program it in the game. For every club in the game there would be an image, that is not insignificant.

On 4/29/2018 at 01:35, JReid said:

So clubs travelling down to say Truro away midweek has little effect on their performance?

On 5/1/2018 at 11:04, Smkx_Muldoon said:

So clubs travelling down to say Truro away midweek has little effect on their performance?

Or an Europa League midweek trip to the Far Eastern 'Europe'?

It just typical football complaining. You never hear real pro's about it or athletes from any other sport that has to travel far. The distances in America are way more significant, yet you never hear american footballers, american soccer players or basketballers complain.

Not to mention the fact that this can be implemented in the game as simple algorithm, without any fancy visual maps. Which only would cost space and have no edit value.

Plus we are talking here about a club's position within a country or region, which has nothing to do with distance to far eastern europe. All you need as info as a player, is in which country the club is. Which is in the game already. It does not matter if your club is in north or south of spain or east or west of germany, the relative distance to a club at which travel distance starts to matter will not be affected by this relatively small deviation.

Again all you need to know is in which country your club is and which country the opposition will be in, which you can already see in the game.

You guys really underestimate the amount of data and processing power it takes to give every club in the game a map of the country/region in which it is in and then highlight its position in that map. This game has to run on normall computers so it will mean the designers have less room for other more important stuff and changes. Not to mention wasting time on this will mean less or no time for other changes. #timeisscarce

I am sided with JReid , 

There is no need to implement a feature like this (dont get me wrong it would be nice) because the amount of data integrated into the game will be huge.No need to waste space in your computer tı have something like this.

But the thing that you mentioned can be added indirectly to the game. If a club in France will travel to far east Russia for an European Cup match , the players fatigue levels should be rised just before the match. By this way being visitors can be perfectly reflected as in real life.

3 hours ago, Majos Trajos said:

There is no need to implement a feature like this (dont get me wrong it would be nice) because the amount of data integrated into the game will be huge.No need to waste space in your computer tı have something like this.

We're talking about matching a mapping library (50kb or so) to a set of latitude longitude coordinates for each club which have already been in the game since CM2, which ran on computers considerably less powerful than your phone :D )

9 hours ago, Majos Trajos said:

I am sided with JReid , 

But the thing that you mentioned can be added indirectly to the game. If a club in France will travel to far east Russia for an European Cup match , the players fatigue levels should be rised just before the match. By this way being visitors can be perfectly reflected as in real life.

It's a good addition 

On 5/5/2018 at 18:50, JReid said:

It just typical football complaining. You never hear real pro's about it or athletes from any other sport that has to travel far. The distances in America are way more significant, yet you never hear american footballers, american soccer players or basketballers complain.

Not to mention the fact that this can be implemented in the game as simple algorithm, without any fancy visual maps. Which only would cost space and have no edit value.

Plus we are talking here about a club's position within a country or region, which has nothing to do with distance to far eastern europe. All you need as info as a player, is in which country the club is. Which is in the game already. It does not matter if your club is in north or south of spain or east or west of germany, the relative distance to a club at which travel distance starts to matter will not be affected by this relatively small deviation.

Again all you need to know is in which country your club is and which country the opposition will be in, which you can already see in the game.

You guys really underestimate the amount of data and processing power it takes to give every club in the game a map of the country/region in which it is in and then highlight its position in that map. This game has to run on normall computers so it will mean the designers have less room for other more important stuff and changes. Not to mention wasting time on this will mean less or no time for other changes. #timeisscarce

Maybe, but FM doesn't solely deal with "real pros", there's plenty of amateur/part time clubs that it does effect.

Truro have been causing a right commotion this season cancelling games and trying to get them on in midweek instead. They know it's to their advantage clubs travelling X hours down south when players also do a day job.

On 8-5-2018 at 17:19, Smkx_Muldoon said:

Maybe, but FM doesn't solely deal with "real pros", there's plenty of amateur/part time clubs that it does effect.

Truro have been causing a right commotion this season cancelling games and trying to get them on in midweek instead. They know it's to their advantage clubs travelling X hours down south when players also do a day job.

Like I said that can be done within the game, in the algorithms. I wouldn't be surprised if it already a factor that determines the performance and fatigue after a match.

If not this can be added.

But asking for a map for every club and then be able to see for every club a small map of the region/country and the location in which they are in. Is just a waste of viable computing power and space.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what calculator you're playing this game on, but to deny improvement and innovation because of computing concerns is a terrible mentality for GAME DEVELOPMENT.

Balancing features and performance is a natural part of any development process, and if SI comes and back and says we looked into it and the performance suffered too greatly, that's one thing, but frankly you are aiming to nip it in the bud by projecting your personal preferences in the form of a paper thin argument, that because maps exist anywhere this has no value? Mindless. 

1 hour ago, ai2ker said:

I'm not sure what calculator you're playing this game on, but to deny improvement and innovation because of computing concerns is a terrible mentality for GAME DEVELOPMENT.

Balancing features and performance is a natural part of any development process, and if SI comes and back and says we looked into it and the performance suffered too greatly, that's one thing, but frankly you are aiming to nip it in the bud by projecting your personal preferences in the form of a paper thin argument, that because maps exist anywhere this has no value? Mindless. 

It is obvious you have no understanding of marketing let alone game development.

Have you ever even touched any form of computer language?

One of the first things you look at is always feasibility and especially with co-product development to the requirements and capabilities of the co-product. Not to mention the fact that you have to balance between delivery to older computers as well as satisfying people with higher end computers who want more out of their game. Thus naturally your space, time, money, development team, research team and performance will be scarce and it is obvious that there is more to be gained on other areas. I rather have them max the capability with cool implementations than even spend 1% room on such a useless addition. So instead of being butthurt, you might first try to understand the argument. Because clearly, you do not comprehend,  it not even about direct computing concerns. It about balance, trade-offs, benefit vs costs and opportunity costs. 

It would be  great to have such an addition but not for JREIDS snobby reasons. I just think that their more important features to be improved or added to the game for example improvement to how transfers and wages work . Moreover, if they did add the travel distance fatigue which does happen, you will get more injuries which most FM gamers do not like.

1 hour ago, ManchesterCentralFUN said:

It would be  great to have such an addition but not for JREIDS snobby reasons. I just think that their more important features to be improved or added to the game for example improvement to how transfers and wages work . Moreover, if they did add the travel distance fatigue which does happen, you will get more injuries which most FM gamers do not like.

Uhm " I just think that their more important features to be improved or added to the game for example improvement to how transfers and wages work "

that is kinda exactly one of my points as well, so apparently, you do also have my 'snobby' reasons

2 hours ago, ai2ker said:

Your undue condescension aside,  I don't think you read what I wrote.

my undue condescension?

Did you have 0 self-reflection, which was already apparent in how you get all butthurt on a forum (which is meant as discussion platform) when someone criticizes your stupid idea. Even though that is what this platform is for, the ability to critique ideas (positive as well as negative). And I just utterly disagree with this idea of yours, deal with it.

But the most funny ass thing is, how you talk about condescending even though I only started after you. This is how you responded first: " I'm not sure what calculator you're playing this game on ", that is highly condescending.

Or how about: " but frankly you are aiming to nip it in the bud by projecting your personal preferences in the form of a paper thin argument "

Also highly condescending, you should be glad I even took my time to argument against this useless idea.

Or how about: "Mindless"

Or how about: "GAME DEVELOPMENT" (the use of full CAPS)

So before you and others, like ManchesterCentralFUN, start about condescending or snobby, they might first read the previous response and see that I merely reacted to your bad attitude. I just gave my opinion about why I disagree with your idea. Then you started to condescending and get all butthurt.

7 hours ago, JReid said:

Uhm " I just think that their more important features to be improved or added to the game for example improvement to how transfers and wages work "

that is kinda exactly one of my points as well, so apparently, you do also have my 'snobby' reasons

oops just shot myself in the foot there

Really like this idea. Nothing fancy or gamechanging, but just something small that would add to the experience. It’d be great for journeyman or LLM saves when you don’t know the clubs so well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Have always wanted this in and it's something we have discussed in the past. Map licences (would you believe they're a thing?) have made this harder than it would appear but we very much appreciate the suggestion.

Reviewed so locked. 

Archived