Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone in here who has experience with editing the European club tournaments, who can confirm or deny that they've experienced issues with editing the teams who's entering?

Now that most of the European leagues are done for this season, I thought that I would go and update my database with the league standings from this season, and also change the entries for the club tournaments to match with who's supposed to enter next season irl. I've done it many times in past FM-games, without any issues at all. But when I try to edit the teams, things goes to sh*t.... For example, if I try to insert the new Danish champions FC Copenhagen instead of last season's champions Brondby, suddenly Copenhagen just randomly takes over another random team's spot, but Brondby are still there. And I can't change the number for seedings or the year either...

I've also tried deleting Brondby and then clicking "Add" and then adding FC Copenhagen, but that won't work either because I still can't change the other informations needed. I've even tried just removing all the teams, so I could insert the new teams one by one, but again as soon as I try to change the informations, and goes to sh*t. And it can't add more than two teams either, without f*cking up. Example: If I add Liverpool and Manchester City and then click "Add" and tries to add Chelsea to the blank spot, and randomly replaces Liverpool or Man City with Chelsea, and leaves the third spot open.... Nothing I've tried works.

Anyone with experience, and maybe even a solution? :idiot::seagull:

I've downloaded a database that someone else has created. It has over 192,000 changes. I'm not sure how the person has saved these changes but it seems to take a while to load. I've created previous databases of my own with just as many changes and they didn't lag like this.

Is thee something I can do to "re-save" the changes that have been made, and get rid of the lag?

On 25/05/2022 at 19:12, qwerty22 said:

I re-created the World cup and world cup qualifiers, How can I ensure the host qualifies for the tournament or skips qualifications?

For the World Cup in the qualified teams section add "Get Host Nation". In all of the qualifiers teams sections add "Get Host Nation = World Cup" and tick the "Ignore Teams" box. That will add them to the WC, add remove them from qualifiers. Your qualifiers will need to be flexible to allow for 1 less team some years though (starting with a group stage with min/max teams helps for that).

Depending on how you've done the Asian qualifiers you may need to include the WC host and add an exception to qualifying actions when moving to the next stage. Check the default Asian qualifiers to see how/where it's done. That's since the WC qualifiers double as the Asian Cup qualifiers so the WC host still needs to participate in the AC qualifying part of it. If you've separated the qualifying tournaments that obviously won't be an issue though.

Also, depending on what you've done with 2022 that may mess things up too. In my experience the odd date of the 2022 tournament means that the WC doesn't fully update before the qualifiers start, meaning the 2022 host (Qatar) will still be considered the host and ignored from qualification, while the 2026 host will be included in qualification. You can get round that by specifically telling the qualifiers to add/ignore the 2022/2026 hosts for that one year only, you will need to setup a specific 2026 host for that of course though. And again, if you've changed 2022 to be a summer WC this shouldn't be an issue either.

4 hours ago, oche balboa said:

How would you go about creating an Anglo-Italian Cup where English teams are in one group and Italian Teams in another but they play each other in a cross group ?

Like the old one used to be?

Set up seedings, eg. English teams get seeding 0 and Italian seeding 1. Then in the group stage set invalid groups for seedings, set seeding 0 to be invalid for group 1, and seeding 1 to be invalid for group 0. Now they're in separate groups based on nation.

To get them to play only teams from the other group, I'd recommend opening up Brazil in the advanced rules and looking at the Sao Paulo State Championship. They already do that, they play teams in every other group once, but don't play any of the teams in their group. So, copy the setup there, adjusting for the number of groups you're using and it should work.

Edited by rusty217

2 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Like the old one used to be?

Set up seedings, eg. English teams get seeding 0 and Italian seeding 1. Then in the group stage set invalid groups for seedings, set seeding 0 to be invalid for group 1, and seeding 1 to be invalid for group 0. Now they're in separate groups based on nation.

To get them to play only teams from the other group, I'd recommend opening up Brazil in the advanced rules and looking at the Sao Paulo State Championship. They already do that, they play teams in every other group once, but don't play any of the teams in their group. So, copy the setup there, adjusting for the number of groups you're using and it should work.

Thank you Rusty... Will give this a go & Yes like it was in 92-95 

Edited by oche balboa

How do I assure that reserve team IS ALLOWED to reach top tier in custom database? I remember having a custom database that had this feature (probably unintentionally) and it was really good for strengthening your squad in smaller countries (basically 2 teams playing on proper level without need to loan out players).

I've found 2 options related to this and I even compared it with said database where this option was working but both of those setting are the same here (the same in both databases). So I don't really know if any of those options should be selected or not.

image.thumb.png.9279fb2a762e2dbc66cbb71ef5256a7f.png

image.thumb.png.a392369c03c23e769325912089e58f48.png

How can I assure that reserve teams will be allowed to reach the same tier as senior team (even in top tier)? I think currently no team in the whole country has a B team if that matters (not even u-23 team, only senior teams and u18/19).

[edit]

I've just added B team of a team from top tier to the second tier and despite assigning 'Allow B teams to be promoted from lower division' in the game it states that this team cannot be promoted due to league rules. Any idea how to bypass that?

Edited by Orion_

Hi, I’m sure this is a stupid question and I’m missing something very basic, but I’m adding a few players to the 22.4.0 database (my kids, fwiw) but I can’t for the life of me find a way to add them as ‘favourites’ to each other.

there’s no Relationships tab on the left hand menu and I can’t seem to find a way to add them in?

any help would be appreciated, cheers.

23 minutes ago, Chris_F said:

Hi, I’m sure this is a stupid question and I’m missing something very basic, but I’m adding a few players to the 22.4.0 database (my kids, fwiw) but I can’t for the life of me find a way to add them as ‘favourites’ to each other.

there’s no Relationships tab on the left hand menu and I can’t seem to find a way to add them in?

any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Not sure how it's not visible in your editor. It's clearly there:

image.thumb.png.651d8d88ff06d1b42810832b1a6b8fa7.png

13 hours ago, Chris_F said:

Huh, weird. I’ll have to have a play around with it later and see if I can figure it out.

At the bottom left there's a drop down box called Filter. Click on that and make sure Active Fields Only is not ticked. It sounds like that's the issue.

10 hours ago, rusty217 said:

At the bottom left there's a drop down box called Filter. Click on that and make sure Active Fields Only is not ticked. It sounds like that's the issue.

Cheers, I will give this a go when I get home

(football manager 2021) Is it possible to see the continental qualification spots on a league rule \ end of the season colors if you re-create the european competitons? 

I used Carlito's fantastic mod to make some further changes and it seems that leagues fail to inform on what teams qualify for european competitions outside of showing who is the champion and who gets relegated. La Liga should get 8 to 9 continental spots, but no such spots pop up:

image.thumb.png.5203f80c873969cb4906cf1c37447a9f.png

15 hours ago, rusty217 said:

This was what I needed to do, thanks for the help, Rusty.

you’d think after 30 years of playing these games I’d have been able to figure that out! (Especially considering I used to be part of a team that worked on a custom database for the later champ managers!)

6 hours ago, WEED GOKU said:

(football manager 2021) Is it possible to see the continental qualification spots on a league rule \ end of the season colors if you re-create the european competitons? 

I used Carlito's fantastic mod to make some further changes and it seems that leagues fail to inform on what teams qualify for european competitions outside of showing who is the champion and who gets relegated. La Liga should get 8 to 9 continental spots, but no such spots pop up:

image.thumb.png.5203f80c873969cb4906cf1c37447a9f.png

I think Carlito managed to get it work for FM22, but haven't heard anything working about it for FM22.

I am working on a league structure (US pro/reg tier system) in which there are geographic region based leagues. When I have tested it though the Northeast might get promoted into the Western conference as an example. I know in the editor there are boundaries that can be set. Has anyone used these/how do they work? Might be a dumb question or already asked but I can't seem to understand how they work.

I'm looking to do a build a nation save with Liechtenstein and Vaduz, however, Liechtenstein law means no dual citizenship which means I can't nationalise any signings to play for the nation.

I've looked in the editor rules but can't find what I need, does anyone know if I can allow dual citizenship for Liechtenstein so that I can add players to the national pool once the allotted time is up please?

Thanks

16 hours ago, RobinhoQPR_ said:

I'm looking to do a build a nation save with Liechtenstein and Vaduz, however, Liechtenstein law means no dual citizenship which means I can't nationalise any signings to play for the nation.

I've looked in the editor rules but can't find what I need, does anyone know if I can allow dual citizenship for Liechtenstein so that I can add players to the national pool once the allotted time is up please?

Thanks

How does it actually work in game?

There's a "Does Not Allow Dual Nationality" tickbox on the Information page for countries in the database, so I think that's what you'd be looking for. Although Lichtenstein doesn't have that ticked (very few countries do actually) and they also have "Years To Gain Nationality" set to 5.

Plus, looking at my current save, Fuad Rahimi, a Kosovan/Swiss playing for FC Vaduz has an entry for Lichtenstein on his Information page. It says "Days to gain nationality = 1825 (Accumulatively", "Days complete = 1039" and "Status = 786 days left".

Looks like the Liechtenstein citizenship hasn't been implemented into the game anyway, so you might not have to edit anything. Try simulating a couple seasons with the Swiss leagues loaded and see if any players pick up Liechtenstein nationality and become eligible for the national team.

I'm making a bunch of regional cups and everything works completely fine. The only problem that I have is that the domestic competitions are losing reputation. anybody knows how to prevent this from happening in the editor as it hurts the clubs involed. Cheers.

5 hours ago, jolobor said:

I'm making a bunch of regional cups and everything works completely fine. The only problem that I have is that the domestic competitions are losing reputation. anybody knows how to prevent this from happening in the editor as it hurts the clubs involed. Cheers.

How exactly are you adding regional cups?

They may be messing with continental coefficient points or something which affects reputation.

13 hours ago, rusty217 said:

How exactly are you adding regional cups?

They may be messing with continental coefficient points or something which affects reputation.

I made a competition and then added club continental rules and set it as Europe. I didn't set a nation in the competition creator and added region as Europe 

10 hours ago, jolobor said:

I made a competition and then added club continental rules and set it as Europe. I didn't set a nation in the competition creator and added region as Europe 

What do you have set on the Nations and Teams pages here

20220613092441_1.thumb.jpg.53d41873b011a6181f7ce0db3fbe41e5.jpg

They should both be completely blank and disabled. Otherwise they override the default continental settings and mess with teams UEFA coefficient rankings.

7 hours ago, rusty217 said:

What do you have set on the Nations and Teams pages here

20220613092441_1.thumb.jpg.53d41873b011a6181f7ce0db3fbe41e5.jpg

They should both be completely blank and disabled. Otherwise they override the default continental settings and mess with teams UEFA coefficient rankings

Yes I had that on with nations that feature in the competition. Is there another way of setting the nations so the database knows what countries to take the teams from because if I just disable that the whole database won't work. That's how I understand it. Thanks for the help btw

20 hours ago, jolobor said:

Yes I had that on with nations that feature in the competition. Is there another way of setting the nations so the database knows what countries to take the teams from because if I just disable that the whole database won't work. That's how I understand it. Thanks for the help btw

Yeah, disable that. Those options are for overriding the existing continental system. If you want to maintain the current system while adding your own regional cups then the Europe section should have your competition listed on the Competitions page and that's it. Everything else should be blank.

Instead, put the team instructions directly into your competition like this

20220614132443_1.thumb.jpg.12d4ad5b801e65145daf9ff92889e1e5.jpg

You could also use something like "Get Best Teams In Competition" and choose a smaller number if you only wanted say the top 4 from a league or something. Then on the Stage > Teams page for your competition you only need to choose "Get Qualified Teams For Comp" like this
20220614132722_1.thumb.jpg.7943ad9dca19cc57b366d97e0ea8da20.jpg

You can optionally set seedings etc. if you want some teams to enter at a later stage than others, but otherwise that will do.

Also, as an optional extra, there's a Nations To Show Comp Under box on the General page. If you add some nations there then when in game it won't show the competition under the drop down list for the continent, instead it will be included with those countries.

20220614132910_1.thumb.jpg.e9c08f6607c735c3ad8358c4908bcde2.jpg

Here's an example from my Benelux Cup. In game it won't show under Europe, but will show up on all 3 of those countries pages. So if I go to Belgium it'll show the Pro League, the Belgian Cup, the Benelux Cup etc. And the same for the other 2 countries. It helps for the regional vibe of it to show it under all of the involved nations.

18 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Yeah, disable that. Those options are for overriding the existing continental system. If you want to maintain the current system while adding your own regional cups then the Europe section should have your competition listed on the Competitions page and that's it. Everything else should be blank.

Instead, put the team instructions directly into your competition like this

20220614132443_1.thumb.jpg.12d4ad5b801e65145daf9ff92889e1e5.jpg

You could also use something like "Get Best Teams In Competition" and choose a smaller number if you only wanted say the top 4 from a league or something. Then on the Stage > Teams page for your competition you only need to choose "Get Qualified Teams For Comp" like this
20220614132722_1.thumb.jpg.7943ad9dca19cc57b366d97e0ea8da20.jpg

You can optionally set seedings etc. if you want some teams to enter at a later stage than others, but otherwise that will do.

Also, as an optional extra, there's a Nations To Show Comp Under box on the General page. If you add some nations there then when in game it won't show the competition under the drop down list for the continent, instead it will be included with those countries.

20220614132910_1.thumb.jpg.e9c08f6607c735c3ad8358c4908bcde2.jpg

Here's an example from my Benelux Cup. In game it won't show under Europe, but will show up on all 3 of those countries pages. So if I go to Belgium it'll show the Pro League, the Belgian Cup, the Benelux Cup etc. And the same for the other 2 countries. It helps for the regional vibe of it to show it under all of the involved nations.

thank you so much. One problem that I've had is that disableing nations crashes the editor but I'm sure I'll sort it out myself

edit: team sheets and some other data doesn't show. any ideas how to fix that? And how to set final stadium if I want to be randomly chosen between diffrent stadiums

image.png.300cb144ea08dab8a39e5c76a88f7548.png

Edited by jolobor

Hi all from Republic of Moldova.

I am trying to create the championship of Moldova according to the new version and ran into problems.

According to the new rules, 2 stages are played in the first 2 divisions.

In Superliga (first division, SP) 8 teams play 2 round, and in second stage first 6 team play in champions groupe of SP (CGSP), the last 2 teams play in the second stage in Liga1 (the second division, L1), in order to remain in the top division.

In L1, 12 teams in first stage play in 2 group (6 teams) - 2 rounds. In the second round the best 2 teams in groups creat with 2 last teams from the higher division, champions group (CGL1) of L1 (6 teams). The team that wins this group will become the champion of L1 and will play next season in SP. Teams that take 3rd to 6th place in groups form a survival group of L1 (SGL1), and will play in one round. The last 2 relegate from L1. And the last: teams that take 1st to 6th place in SGL1 and teams that take 2nd to 6th place in CGL1 play in play-off for one place in SP for next season.

Spoiler

BtsUC4i.png

Below are screenshots from the game, without the rules of relegation/promotion.

Spoiler

Superliga

ixysYdC.png

WEgZsOO.png

34T09tl.png

Liga1:

1QGHPJG.png

c5HBIow.png

8xB9XtS.png

TDE7qzz.png

i23Cj2F.png

R2Ag5Ah.png

sHWDpRC.png

And now I'm trying to write in the rules of relagatio/promotion. And I get an error, can someone help with advice where exactly I make a mistake?

Spoiler

97sr5Tx.jpeg

foB0VSB.jpeg

UIzk8EO.png

kwxhtKu.jpeg

R8NqPjA.png

B3cJPF7.png

p.s. Divizia Națională is Superliga and Divizia A is Liga1

Help please and sorry for my english)

Edited by Igorashhh

7 hours ago, jolobor said:

I'm trying to add more than one nations rule. Do I have to do each database seperately or can I do more than one nations national rules?

Do each separately. You're likely to run into a whole bunch of issues if you try and do rules for multiple nations in the same file.

Hi,

This barely counts as editing by a lot of your standards I know, but I'm having issues when adding an affiliate to my team with the In-Game Editor. I'm trying to add Kelantan FC as affiliate to PSPS Riau. I want both teams to share scouting knowledge, but when I check the "share scouting knowledge" it doesn't seem to do anything. I can get the game to show that we're affiliates on the Affiliates screen, but I (PSPS Riau) still can't see any of Kelantan's players' stats, and I don't seem to get any additional knowledge of Malaysia at all - the Scouting Centre nations knowledge section doesn't mention Kelantan FC as the source of my Malaysia knowledge.

I thought that it might be somewhat dynamic and I'd have to continue forward a few weeks to get the scouting knowledge to kick in (although that isn't usually the case when you get an affiliate without the editor) but even when I holidayed forward a few weeks nothing seems to have changed on that front.

Anyone know what's going on?

Hello,

I have a favour to ask someone who has the pre-game editor of FM22. I have created three custom kits (home, away and third) for a team that I would like to use, but the team has only two kits by default (home & away). I didn't get FM through Steam so I don't have access to the pre-game editor, nor do I have the in-game editor. Could anyone with a pre-game editor add a third kit to this team and then send me the FMF file through a file sharing website (i.e. File.IO)? The colours of this third kit are not important, pick any random colour you want. I have a tool (called FMRTE) that I can use to edit the kit colours afterwards. This tool can edit colours of existing kits, but unfortunately it can not add kits. So my plan is to (hopefully) get the third kit added by a very helpful person, and then I will edit the colours of all three kits with FMRTE to match my custom designs after every season.

The ID of the team in question is: 1002.

If anyone can help me out, it will be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need any additional info. Thanks in advance!

Edited by CyrilAndrews

Is there a known problem with the editor editing the wrong line items? I've just been trying to update the Champions League, Europa, etc registered teams and generally try to do them country-by-country (eg swap Man Utd for Tottenham) and after a couple it seems to just edit whichever line it wants. The same applies for other lists, such as the club finances page.

Any help or fixes?

Editing a English lower league database to allow B teams to be promoted through the pyramid. I've ticked the 2 allow B team promotions in every league & their parent competition. (i.e. vanarama north/south) but when i load the database in game it still says that the B teams aren't eligible for promotion.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

Hi, i hope this is the right thread.

I want to use two editor data files related to England - one for 5 out of 12 subs and one for real results.

When I try to set up a new game I get the message that 'only one file can be selected for England' and a little red alert symbol.

I have tried to find the solution, to no avail, and I'm sure I'm missing something simple and obvious.

What's the solution, please?

34 minutes ago, mikelfc8 said:

Hi, i hope this is the right thread.

I want to use two editor data files related to England - one for 5 out of 12 subs and one for real results.

When I try to set up a new game I get the message that 'only one file can be selected for England' and a little red alert symbol.

I have tried to find the solution, to no avail, and I'm sure I'm missing something simple and obvious.

What's the solution, please?

Put them in the same file as each other.

4 hours ago, OptimusPrime said:

Editing a English lower league database to allow B teams to be promoted through the pyramid. I've ticked the 2 allow B team promotions in every league & their parent competition. (i.e. vanarama north/south) but when i load the database in game it still says that the B teams aren't eligible for promotion.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

Perhaps it’s hardcoded for the higher leagues?