Who will be the Hottest Prospects on FM09

jaaaws

How is Ibra not a top 5 forward? I said that based on ability alone (technical and physical) he is the best in the world. His mentality is what brings him down. The point of having hidden stats and mental stats is to allow players to have technical stats that fairly represent them without being overrated. Ibra's technical stats should not change, his mental stats and hidden mental stats should be lowered to better represent him as a player.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marek Hamsik has only been mentioned once? blasphemy. he is going to be incredible on 09. expect his already excellent PA to be even higher and more CA to start off.

Michael Kightly and Matt jarvis-both are average players on FM considering their quality in real life.

Kites is high CCC to loe EPL, and jarvis is average championship.

They are easily the best two wingers in the league, and have so far ripped defences apart. SEB needs a lift too.

Zele Ismail should be good according to the hype but is he old enough to be in the game?

Also there's a Brazilian who Inter are interested in by the name of Raul who should be quality as well as Coutinho.

As mentioned before hopefully some of the Aussies will be improved such as Djite, Nathan Burns, Milligan, James Holland, Kruse, Zullo, Kantarovski, Rukavytsya, Chris Payne and Spiranovic.

May as well give PA and CA boosts to G.Barry, A.Young, G.Agbonlahor, J.Milner, C.Cuellar and C.Gardner as well.

Walcott should be much better now. Both in his current and potential ability.

Based on an excellent showing against Croatia and a handful of decent showings from Arsenal i assume ? A predictably over-hyped reaction.

Kerlon

Some fancy tricks doesn't make you a promising player, especially when you've not exactly lighted up either league competition in Brazil, his name has been doing the round for a while now and if he was truely that good then he'd have made the move to Europe by now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kerlon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He will not have improved, he has been plagued by injury over the last few seasons and he hasn't developed as well as his former U17 national team mates the likes of Anderson of Man Utd. I would expect Kerlon to be abit worse on the new FM, as at the moment he doesn't seem the player that his potential has suggested. He has hardly shone at Cruzerio over the last few years.

Exactly.

Man Utd twins Fabio and Rafael should be better this time around me thinks.

Based on.....

I totally agree with most of whats above guys good work!

but a few that have gone a miss (or maybe i've missed them)

James McCarthy (Hamilton) - Seen Him A Few Times....Most Of The Times He Is Clearly A League A Head Of Him Self

Steve Fletcher (Hibs) - If Real Madrid Are Sniffing About Then You Have Gotta Be Doin Something Right!

John Fleck (Rangers) Im A Celtic Man and If He Isn't In The Premiership By The Time He Is 20 there Is Somethin majorly Wrong.

Matej Rapnik & Eggert Jonsson (Hearts) The Two Of Them Are ones To Watch, tear up reserve games for fun.

Kevin Mcdonald (Dundee) - The Next Roy Keane Imo

Leigh Griffiths (Livingston) - Livi Have A Habit Of Producing Good Young Strikers (Snodgrass Now at Leeds and Dorrans WBA) This One Is 10 times the 2 of them.

Christophe Berra (Hearts) Solid as a wall and surprised he aint a prem/top championship player

Simon Ferry (Celtic) Never gonna get a game for us no matter how good he is, Better off moving to championship to further his career

Gary Glen (Hearts) Doesnt Miss in My current FM just needs games at hearts ust now

David clarkson (Motherwell) Great wee striker think he need to move like ross mccormack. will be better with a quality striker alongside him

Craig gordon (The Evil Lot Sunderland) The BEST Brtish Keeper By A Long Shot, Natural Shot Stopper and Awesome Reflexs For a 6ft 3+ Guy.

Alan 'I have Always got different minging blonde on my arm' Mcgregor (Rangers) come a long way since being a ned, top quality keeper. will make prem someday.

Alan Hutton (Spurs) The scottish cafu...Better imo. give him til the end of next season and you'll have europes top lot after him.

These Are Some Of The Good Scottish Talents Around.

I Advise You Guys To Check Them Out!!! Well Worth It!!

Davide Petrucci - The 16 year old poached by Man U from Roma will probably start out with a -7 or so, but has been called by the Italy U16 coach the best kid he's ever seen for the Azzurrini.

Sebastian Giovinco may also see his stock rise some more after Italy's excellent performance at the Toulane tournament, although he seemed spent for the Olympics.

Paolo De Ceglie should also see an increase in PA and CA. He's doing well at JUve, and could be a very solid wing back for the Azzurri.

im meaning in terms of natural ability, how often (this is prob better directed at scots btw) does gordon make a mistake? or even that pull off a wonder save.

if gordon was english he would be 1st choice anyway.

joe hart is a good keeper but still needs more games and james is a good keeper too but he is old school

bear in mind sunderland are a bottom half team and pompey and man city are top half.

better team = better defence.

he was linked with man u and arsenal before he went to sunderland,

Macauley Chrisanthus - Currently at Hamburg

Franco Di Santo - He's at Chelsea now isn't he?

Jovetic - Young Serbian striker at Partizan. Linked to Utd and is reasonably well known already.

Pique - Apparently rated highly by everyone but Utd. (I'm listing him because I reckon he will improve more, which is unexpected)

Manucho- Needs a boost in stats tbh.

Sadick Adams - I reckon he will become a stand out must buy next year.

I expect they'll dig up a few new gems, correct or not, for us to devour as well

Jovetic is at Fiorentina

mate it wasn't the end of a sentence, it was just to save him from writing etcetera. In which a full stop is used to show the condensed word.

(wow had to check my punctuation and spelling a few times there, just to save myself from embarrassment and ridicule)

Perhaps you meant: Mate, it wasn't the end of a sentence; it was just to save him from writing et cetera, in which a full stop is used to show the condensed word.

You really side-stepped that 'embarrassment and ridicule' landmine. ;)

Some fancy tricks doesn't make you a promising player, especially when you've not exactly lighted up either league competition in Brazil, his name has been doing the round for a while now and if he was truely that good then he'd have made the move to Europe by now.

He has just moved to Chievo, but Cruzeiro didn't want him anymore as he was always injured and never did anything to deserve a place at their first team.

Benzema - Dunno if you can call him a prospect really now, but I think/hope he will be amazing in the next FM.

Theres a few belguim guys who should improve also, I can't remember there name of the top of my head tho ops! Lol.

Theres also some young french people who should improve in next years FM, Lorc Remy should improve aswell I hope after his fairly successful loan spell.

Aquilani also deserves a pretty big boost

Aquilani is a 180 PA and Benzema is a 185. They will not get a boost. Their stats look low due to having two good feet, but trust me both outplay their stats by long ways. Same goes for Nasi, Ben Arfa, Jesus Navas, Cristiano Ronaldo, etc. Look at CA, not stats for attacking players especially, because having two good feet makes a huge difference.

You were correct about Belgium, Steven Defour needs a boost and so does Axel Witsel.

Marin's goal last month for Germany was awesome. He deserves and upgrade and Toni Kroos should get a slight down grade maybe a 175-180 set PA. With Marin going up to -10 or 180ish set.

I watched him play for Canada at the U20 World CUp Last year.

A PA of 178 is WAY Too high. Despite his size, he flaps for crosses, and isn't that great of a shot stopper IMO.

He can barely out jump his defenders on the national team, and having worked and spoken with some of his Canadian coaches in the past, they say that the only reason he's anywhere is because of his height.

I totally agree with most of whats above guys good work!

but a few that have gone a miss (or maybe i've missed them)

James McCarthy (Hamilton) - Seen Him A Few Times....Most Of The Times He Is Clearly A League A Head Of Him Self

Steve Fletcher (Hibs) - If Real Madrid Are Sniffing About Then You Have Gotta Be Doin Something Right!

John Fleck (Rangers) Im A Celtic Man and If He Isn't In The Premiership By The Time He Is 20 there Is Somethin majorly Wrong.

Matej Rapnik & Eggert Jonsson (Hearts) The Two Of Them Are ones To Watch, tear up reserve games for fun.

Kevin Mcdonald (Dundee) - The Next Roy Keane Imo

Leigh Griffiths (Livingston) - Livi Have A Habit Of Producing Good Young Strikers (Snodgrass Now at Leeds and Dorrans WBA) This One Is 10 times the 2 of them.

Christophe Berra (Hearts) Solid as a wall and surprised he aint a prem/top championship player

Simon Ferry (Celtic) Never gonna get a game for us no matter how good he is, Better off moving to championship to further his career

Gary Glen (Hearts) Doesnt Miss in My current FM just needs games at hearts ust now

David clarkson (Motherwell) Great wee striker think he need to move like ross mccormack. will be better with a quality striker alongside him

Craig gordon (The Evil Lot Sunderland) The BEST Brtish Keeper By A Long Shot, Natural Shot Stopper and Awesome Reflexs For a 6ft 3+ Guy.

Alan 'I have Always got different minging blonde on my arm' Mcgregor (Rangers) come a long way since being a ned, top quality keeper. will make prem someday.

Alan Hutton (Spurs) The scottish cafu...Better imo. give him til the end of next season and you'll have europes top lot after him.

These Are Some Of The Good Scottish Talents Around.

I Advise You Guys To Check Them Out!!! Well Worth It!!

kevin mcdonald is a burnley now

tipped by pato? the teenager with his vast footballing knowledge? i doubt it..

sam vokes ,darcy blake and the other welsh under 21's might warrent a raise though... they've done well...

and clearly the youth cup winning man city youngsters need a boost...

kieran gibbs and g.hoyte also... and the rest of the arsenal youth will be even better this year

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamj11 View Post

Kerlon

hes made the move to chievo mate he will be better on 09

• 2 weeks later...

Archived