Demo and system specs

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm confused about this too. Can anyone clear this up?

I would guess so! But i wouldn't take my word for it! It doesn't say minimum specs - Vista - 2.0GHz (dual core).

So i just assume it means 2.0GHz standard. For example my laptop is 1.7Ghz with XP but it is "vista compatible" so if i went to Vista i wouldn't be able to play it. But i'm pretty sure you would!

Could someone please tell me their professional or not-so-professional opinion, if Ati Radeon Xpress 1100 256MB will be able to run the game in 3D? I have no worries about other specs but this just might kill my good mood..

Could someone please tell me their professional or not-so-professional opinion, if Ati Radeon Xpress 1100 256MB will be able to run the game in 3D? I have no worries about other specs but this just might kill my good mood..

I'm not sure... I'm not an expert on graphics cards. The 256MB it uses is more than recommended but not sure if the card model itself will be good enough! You should just wait to try it with the demo then see! Then take appropriate action afterwards.

• SI Staff
Miles, are these specs bare minimum or are they reccomended or what?

From the opening post...

Please note that these specs are for the machines that we are offering technical support on - the game will work with other graphics cards, and on other spec machines, but as we are not offering technical support, we cannot list these on the system spec.

If your spec is lower than the minimum spec below, it is best to download the demo and try it on your machine, as the spec for the demo is the same as the full game.

We are not looking for mirrors, nor giving anyone permission to host the demo apart from our official partners. If this changes, we will ask for mirrors on the forum

Damn, ruins one of my plans for our site :(

Oh well, your call!

miles said "2GB minimum for the main game."

does that mean for the full fm09 im gonna need 2gb ram, because ive only got 1gb.

and my system meets one of the graphics cards stated, i assume that means it will run 3d but only just?

Ive got a Radeon X300 SE graphics card...whatever that means, im not that knowledgable about computers. Is that sufficient to run the 3D match engine? The computer's about 5 years old so im a bit worried... :(

Yes I believe that card will run the 3D (I've been informed that card was tested here at SI)

im rubbish with computers, so i was just looking for someone to look at my computer specs to make sure they`re ok. thanks :-)

windows vista home premium

processor Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHZ

memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

graphics ATI Mobility Radeon X2300

Hi

I have a question about the Legal issue.

Me and my brother loves to play network game against each other. I have a laptop and a desktop, and he has a desktop.

We always play at his place (great fun).

Now, no doubt we will both buy the game, but does this new way of installing the game mean that he can play against me at my place? Him at my laptop and me at my desktop?

I mean, my laptop and desktop will be my 2/5 installs. He will of cause install his own game on his desktop..

Is this legal? If not, can I install one of his licens on my laptop, having both mine and his?

Sorry to dump this but im not the most tech spec savvy person. I have a quadcore desktop system running windows XP with 4GB of RAM, but I recently had a problem with my graphics card and my girlfriend (oh the shame, she is actually an IT genius) had to replace it with an older card, which is a Radeon X1300/X1550 series according to my device manager.

Will this need to be replaced in order to run the 3D match engine?

Thanks for all your help

peter-evo:

Your graphics card completely surpasses the minimum requirements as they are, indeed, very low. You'll have no problems at all.

Most computers who are able to run simple 3D games (even if they don't run fluently) should be able to run the 3D match engine. And some of the computers that can't run most 3D games, could still run FM match engine I believe.

It will run better or worse depending on the card I guess, but most will probably be able to run it.

I don't mind going through all the authenticating process if it deters pirates, it is just a bit disappointing when, like with spore, you put up with it because it is for the greater good yet probaly a week before spore was released it was online to download, is authenticating going make a massive diference to the ammount of people who download the game illegally?

peter-evo:

Your graphics card completely surpasses the minimum requirements as they are, indeed, very low. You'll have no problems at all.

Most computers who are able to run simple 3D games (even if they don't run fluently) should be able to run the 3D match engine. And some of the computers that can't run most 3D games, could still run FM match engine I believe.

It will run better or worse depending on the card I guess, but most will probably be able to run it.

Cheers mate, I can run Medieval II, Rise Of Nations, the spring engine and Fifa Manager 2007 so I trust you to be right, this community is so good!

I am slightly worried by this copy protection system. There seem to be quite a few similarities to the system that has caused the major controversy that's surrounding the latest EA releases. I do have a few questions.

The first is via STEAM, as mentioned above. By authenticating through STEAM, you will automatically receive patches as soon as they become available. The second is a simple online transaction, which will take less than 30 seconds. The third, for people who are not online, is via telephone registration, with local call numbers in each country where we release the game, and this will take about 5 minutes to complete from our experience in testing.
Now this does not concern myself personally at the moment as I don't think I will need to install this game on a machine without internet connection. However, which countries do you release the game in? The game is distributed in the country I live in but I am 90% certain there is no local support available to us. So how will it be possible to install the game on a computer without an internet connection in such countries?

This means that you will get 5 licenses for personal use, so you can play the game on up to 5 computers as long as you own them, and the owner of the game is the person playing on said machines. If you uninstall the game on one of the PC's you have the game installed on, you get that "seat" back.

Now this is the tricky part. Firstly, what do you mean by 'seat'? If I uninstall the game from one computer will I get to install it on another one instead? Will I be able to upgrade my computer and still be able to reinstall it without losing a registration?

Secondly, what happens if I for some reason can't uninstall the game (for example when my computer crashes and refuses to boot OS and the only solution is to format the drive)? How can I get my registration back if something like this is to happen?

Also please note that on uninstallation of the game, everything is removed from your machine, including all remnants of the copy protection system which we are using, which was a bugbear of many of the other systems available on the market.
Well that's all fine and dandy, but what I'm actually interested in is what does it install there in the first place. Will it have separate processes spying on me and interfering with whatever they deem is an illegal action (similarly to what securom does)? Will I be informed through documentation (readme, manual) precisely what is installed on my computer?

So, what we've aimed for, and have hopefully succeeded on, is a system whereby the legitmate purchaser of the game will notice the copy protection even less than in previous years.

That sounds very comforting and all but personally I prefer the old-school cd-check system over anything with any kind of limits on it.

im rubbish with computers, so i was just looking for someone to look at my computer specs to make sure they`re ok. thanks :-)

windows vista home premium

processor Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHZ

memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

graphics ATI Mobility Radeon X2300

Those specification will be fine with FM:)

• SI Staff
Right a question and an observation.

Firstly why are we the paying consumers being asked to jump through extra hoops (i know i know, its a 30second process etc) when the pirates who this is aiming to stop will hack around this and not have to authenticate at all, especially in light of a lot of people (particularly recently) bemoaning the restrictions and added hoops that 'drm' puts on the paying consumer.

secondly, does that mean as a mac user i will have to have the cd in at game startup?

The paying consumer is being asked to jump through LESS hoops than previous years when the PC consumer was forced to have the CD in the drive every time they booted the game. This way, they need to do something once, and once only.

The MAC paying consumer is being asked to go through the same hoops as previous years, and play with the DVD in the drive because, unfortunately, the new system isn't compatible with MAC's, which is something we hope to change in the future.

Don't like the idea of dealing with third parties to authorize a game for a start or the 5 licence issue. I can foresee trouble with this and a lot of disgruntled people if the authorization goes pear shaped. Surely SI could have produced a game with suitable protection without all this nonsense.

Not sure I will be buying this game which will be a first but I just want to play the game without having to go through all this nonsense.

I don't think the steps taken are necessary Miles, I really don't.

My laptop has 1GB, so i've just scraped through. Does it mean it will run slow though or will it be fine?

My Mum's laptop had the minimum requirements for FM 07 but couldn't run it.

Depends how many leagues you run mate. I have 1GB and can run all of Spain, England and Italy very well (small DB). You should, like I will, get an extra Gig as it is cheap and will definetely improve performance!

miles said "2GB minimum for the main game."

does that mean for the full fm09 im gonna need 2gb ram, because ive only got 1gb.

and my system meets one of the graphics cards stated, i assume that means it will run 3d but only just?

He was talking about space not ram.

cheers miles : D.

Will my computer (which played FM 08 easily and ive noticed that the reccomended level for vista for 08 was GHZ 2.2) at 1.60 GHz be able to play FM 09? I mean it FM 08 played easily and the GHz requirment was higher. My RAM and everything else is the same btw.

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core T2310 (1.46GHz)

RAM: 1Gb (4Gb max)

Graphics: ATI Radeon X1250 graphics

Hard disk: 80Gb SATA 5400rpm

This is my Windows Experience Index

Processor: 4.7

Memory (Ram): 4.2

Graphics: 4.3

Gaming Graphics: 3.8 :(

Primary Hard Disk: 5.2

DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

Not sure how good this is, but I am a bit skeptical as to whether it is good enough

The paying consumer is being asked to jump through LESS hoops than previous years when the PC consumer was forced to have the CD in the drive every time they booted the game. This way, they need to do something once, and once only.

The MAC paying consumer is being asked to go through the same hoops as previous years, and play with the DVD in the drive because, unfortunately, the new system isn't compatible with MAC's, which is something we hope to change in the future.

I appreciate your comments Miles and i do see it from your perspective, it just seems that we the paying consumer have to compromise whereas the pirates don't (but i guess its always going to be this way), im slightly confused by your last statement though, so does that mean that as a mac user i get the cd protection (ie, it has to be in the drive at startup) and no activation or do i still have to activate?

I haven't yet seen anyone quote a graphics card (or integrated graphics) that the game shouldn't run on - yes even the guy with weird "VIA Chrome9 HC IGP".

As a rule of thumb the 3d will run on any series 5000 Nvidia and upwards, any series 9000 ATI plus any Intel 900 series.

To clairify, in chronological order the following cards are supported.

Nvidia-> 5000 series -> 6000 series -> 7000 series -> 8000 series -> 9000 series -> 200 series and beyond.

ATI-> 9000 series -> x300-x1900 series -> HD2000 series -> HD 3000 -> HD 4000 series and beyond

Intel-> 900 series -> G30 series -> G40 series and beyond

Anyone that has older hardware than the above will have to make do with 2d graphics, apologies to anyone effected.

Depends how many leagues you run mate. I have 1GB and can run all of Spain, England and Italy very well (small DB). You should, like I will, get an extra Gig as it is cheap and will definetely improve performance!

Yeah i'm planning on getting an upgrade for Christmas, maybe before.

On 08 i've run England, Spain, Italy and Scotland fine and they're the only leagues i really use.

I have a 252MB Mobile Intel GraphicsMedia Acclerator 950 and after doing some research I think I this card is unlikely to support 3D.

I found that it does not support hardware T&L (Transform & Lightning) calculations which is apparently required for newer games that utilise 3D. Sounds ominous to me, although I clearly do not know what I am talking about.

Will have to check the demo but not holding my breath.

Does anyone have any idea at all whether or not this card will be suitable for the 3D?

Archived