Which Player did you 'Discover'?

DiscoStu94

Anyone heard of Fabrice Catherine? French GK. Bought him from Stade Rennais, after he was released. Became 1st choice for the remainder of my League 1 campaign at Gillingham, but was then dropped to the bench after Simon Royce started attracting interest from Brum, and my assistant told me to pick him.

Also, another French player, D RC, called Franck Toye (not entirely sure how first name is spelt). First choice right back (unless I get K. Lee back on loan).

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In FM07 it was Franco Di Santo. Done a stat search and he popped up, had never heard of him. He was 18 so I bought him from Audax Italiano. Was a goal machine for my IFK Goteburg team and signed for Chelsea IRL in the summer.

The one I like to think of but I am in no way claiming this as my discovery was Kaka. Let me clarify I am a veteran of the CM/FM world going back to the days when there were about 50 foreign players on a seperate screen that you could sign and the best one was Duncan Ferguson. Anyway, can't remember which version it was (CM3 or CM4 i think), I was searching around and noticed a player with the best sounding name ever - Kaka. For pure comedy value I bought him as he was a 17 year old AM/FC from Brazil. Not thinking he was a real player he just sat in my reserves etc...few occasional appearances. To my astonishment about a year later he is running out on the pitch for AC Milan. Again I would love to say I discovered Kaka in one of my games but as we all know in Brazil there are plenty of players with the same name, still hang on to it when discussing players with my mates however

This thread reminds me why i'm going to stay off this forum when the game comes out. As I feel when you use these forums to find new players, especially unheard of ones, it takes away an element of the game. For me anyway.

A couple of good players that I remember 'discovering' in past versions are Gamst Pedersen in CM4 and John Fleck in this years edition. Lots of brilliant regens over the years as well of course.

Also found this guy (mentioned in first post) when I took over Fiorentina in 2009/2010. He was worth 8 million.

Name: Pablo Piatti

Club: Estudiantes (LP)

Value: Can be around £65-80k

Position: AMC

Work Permit: Not needed (Part Italian)

Also in that squad was Rene Mihelic. AMLC. He's young in 08/09. He was savage.

Full Name: Rene Mihelic

Position: AM LC

Description: Midfielder

Team: Maribor

Nationality: Slovenia

Have bought him for pittance on my Peterboro game and in 2nd season is my best left winger.

:D

I dont think you can claim to have "discovered" Vincenzo Iaquinta, he's been well known in real life for many years.

yeah I know, but i never realised he had such goal machine potential on fm signed him in my first ever game of fm for lazio and he saved my game considering I had no skills and didn't understand any of the formation sliders

still sign him now if i'm playing with a team who has money and needs a "bigman" uptop

i discovered angulo from costa rica, cost buttons and plays for my barca team in fm 08 after a few years of getting loaned out to other teams for experience.

vidal great player from south america cost a few bob if dont get him right away

Scott Donnelly.

I found him somehow for my Barnet team. I dont believe he's been mentioned by anyone from the forums i've seen, Got him in my H&W side before :)

Definately, I found him too, amazing for League 2 or lower and performing fairly well for me in League 1 now. A Burundi CB, Valery-Nahayo Twite, he's brilliant for anything Championship or lower; Sercan Sararer, Spanish ST I signed in January of 3rd season for League 2, and on an old game, Albert Yague, Spanish ST from Eibar, he's genius.

On FM07 I played as Bolton and found Jeremy Menez, Nelson Valdez, Guy Demel, Alberto Zapater, Anthony van Borre and Sherman Cardenas without any help from forums etc. Felt a bit cheated when I found out EVERYBODY knew about Cardenas, thought I'd struck gold and turned out I wasn't the only one lol.

Some Spanish striker named Acuna who was a goal machine back in 06 but sucked for the rest of the versions....and he is terrible in real life. Ivan Klasnic (before the medical problem) he was a goal machine and pure legend. Andres D'Alessandro & Augusto Fernandez were amazing for my Palermo squad and you could say that I discovered them :p

i cant believe no one has ever discovered ricardo zampagna, he plays in the italian serie B i forget what team. i signed him for my Ac milan team and he banged in 35 goals in the first season and 24 in the next. only thing is he is kinda old at 32 but trust me real quality striker gives you 2 years at least

This past version I started out local hometown team New York Red Bulls; and was intrested in a number of young South American players and Americans abroad. Two came to mine. The first was a mentioned name in real life who I found out from a freind. Gabriel Ferrari was a young talent at Sampdoria and one I was truely curious about. His value at 750,000 USD was for me anyway one that I felt might be a tad high; however I went through with it. Now he's worth 3 mil and a 10 goals plus 20 assists a season striker. So good is he that he's become a top prospect.

The other is a Costa Rican who ripped through my deffense during a friendly. He's a AMC and plays for super club Saprissa. Without Celso Borges I would of never won MLS Cup.

Daniele Vantaggiato, saw how good he became in my first save on fm08, think it was like 2013 or something

then next time when i managed ipswich i picked him up for 2.5 and he's stayed with me from promotion to winning the quadruple, great striker.

Mame Biram Diouf and Patricio Rodriguez on 08.

Diouf comes in after about 3 seasons, cost me 55k and scored about 100 in 4 seasons before selling him on for 3.5m.

Rodriguez, I found by trawling through the Argentinian teams, he starts as a 16 year old at Indepedentiente. Missed out on him at 100k, he joined boca but finally got him the season after for 1M. Passing & Tackling 20, dribbling finishing and first touch 16/17 and 19 for flair and creativity.

He left for Man City after a season in the championship where he scored 2o goals and got ridicukous amount of assists. Then got back into the Prem and signed him back for half what i sold him for.

My best ever FM find

Omar Andrade, took till about the 3rd season before i found him, at the tender age of 19 loaned our for 6 months before i had to bring him back because he was scoring too much, now inter juve man u liverpool and ?deportivo? are interested in him, well worth a look... thats in FM08 mind..

No one heard of Bogdan Stancu here? I believe he has a PA of -9 in '08, he's Romanian and named the next Adrian Mutu. Let's just hope he can fulfil that role and stays of the coke ;)

Apart from him, there are the obvious awesome talents like Bojan, Aarón, Balotelli, Anderson, Giovinco, Ustari... But some others I didn't already know: Brazilian AM Lulinha, the Bordeaux striker Saivet and his friend, PSG defender Mamadou Sakho, Argentina's Matías Cahais, ... All youngsters who become first class players every new started game.

Name:Adam Lallana

Club:Southampton

Pos:AMC

Talent:Scouts got him at good but I think he will be much better then that. I have him for a Prem Side(Tottenham). Would be great for a Champ side or a Prem side that is mid table. For bigger clubs would be a good prospect to groom. Sky is the limit with him. Also John Bostock.

Just real quick what is the word on Lauri Dalla Valle??

Joe Mattock was also a discovery of mine and on the game he looks absolute quality. Can play LB or ML.

Archived