Which Player did you 'Discover'?

DiscoStu94

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if anybody else has pointed this guy out, but Portugese left-back Antunes has turned out good for me. I bought him for AC Milan, and he has consistently played well, always in 7s. I believe he plays for Portugese team P. Ferreira at the start of the game.

• 1 year later...

Lol at people saying they "found" some players. There are most likely many many peole that "found" them a long time before you guys, but dont want brag like crazy about it.

The closest to a player that I "found" is probably Henri Saivet. My first signing ever in my first FM ever (07 I belive). Searched around the web before signing him, bud didnt find anything. He eventually became the best player in the world.

In FM09: Gale Agbossoumonde, American/Togolese CB. Currently with Braga.

In FM10: Sebastian Coates, 6'5" Uruguian CB. Currently with Nacional.

Also he's not really obscure by any means but I'm enjoying Stephane Ruffier as my keeper in the EPL.

Left out a couple I found ingame before I read about them online because we know about them all already.

Obviously other people may have discovered them before me and may have mentioned them on the forums.. but the players who I have discovered and gone on to do well for me include.....

GK - Juan Pablo Carizzo

DEF - Kryvtsov, Verkhovtsev, Roderick Miranda

MID - Aron Gunnarsson, Ariel Borysiuk (wonderkid), Arturo Vidal

ATT - Pablo Mouche (absolute monster in my Hull game! Second place in European Striker of the year and an 8.14 average rating in all competitions in season three), Morimoto, Daniel Villalva

i discovered tomas rosicky in cm4, sidnei (benfica) and oscar ustari in fm08.

this year nobody very unknown, but masilela and opare are good catches, cristian villagra is also good for his price, but i think in 10.3 he's much kore expensive

Nice thread. Although alot of these will be well known on the forums I didn't really know about them (too much) until finding them in my game. All have done jobs at my Leeds side whic is now in the Premier League

Meteed [Very good in League One + Championship] Sejad Salihovic [Despite not playing as much as I expected] Jonjo Shelvey, Vasilis Torosidis, George Boyd [Obviously had heard of him but didnt think he'd be much good on FM] Alex Smithies [similar to Boyd] Jesus Datolo, Yannis Tafer [Amazing, loaned him in my first Prem Season for a 1.4M loan fee at the age of 19, he scored 18 in 34 in the premier league at 7.33 rating and 6 MOTM, now hes 12 in 21 this season so far 7.35 average rating!] I splashed out 9M to get him permanently in the summer and Diego Alves who I signed as a Smithies replacement after getting 6.25M for Smithies [Chelsea unsettled him] I splashed 6M on this guy. 7.15 rating in prem so far with 33 conceided in 23, not bad. Few years left at 27 too

Also

Shelvey... I discovered him and my mate said he was absolute garbage. I don't think he saw his age.

Fazio, Sakho (although I never bought him), Aguero (Just befor he became 'famous' in the real press), Veloso, Moutinho, Mattock, Vagner Love, Cristian Rodriguez.

All on FM 07, 08 or 09. Still yet to make that big break on FM10, this forum has done that job for me haha.

My two favourites were the Aussie James Brown and best of all for me anyway Wisner I have signed him in my current save for every team I have managed so far and he scores for fun, even took him to Real Madrid not bad for someone with a CA of

There are lots more but these two are my favourite in my current save. Opening up leagues you do not normally play in will result in finding all sorts of new players.

:confused:

Huge bump for an old thread.

Sure none of you need me to point out that none of us ever 'discovered' anyone. They are all scouted and researched and therefore are known by the footballing world at least before the game is out.

i "found" quite a few players in the past like before i even knew the forums existed, but as earlier said its really the researchers who have. i remember sahko back in 07? maybe 08? it was when he was still on a youth contract and i always used to sweep him up. this game amine, young french target man starts at sporting, dont know if he is well known. i found hazard back a couple of years ago when he was still a youth, listed at a st or fc back then cant remember which one, alessandro tuia on 07 when he was 17, absolute beast. terence makengo? he starts at monaco and is a young stud for me, picked him up for 1m at the start of the 2nd season.

tiago from barca back in 06-07 maybe 07-08, was an absolute world beater back then. enyeama back when he played for bnei yehuda. mahatma otoo from hearts of oak, got intrigued when i looked for torric. marko marin at the beginning of the season he started tearing it up for gladbach. breno back at sao paulo. but like i said its all the researchers who made them good that i found them

My favorite discovery was a french kid in 04 or 05, called Kevin Monnet-Pacquet. He was a AML/FC and although his stats were never better than just above average, he always performed like a golden god.

Over the years i've unearthed many gems in my games, but when i come here i find someone has usually found them already. This year i've found a few great players, finally it seems we're getting some good young keepers. One you all know - Smithies, and 2 you might not: a french kid Johnny Placide and a lithuanian called Arguivas or something similar ( i just brilliantly overwrote that save and i cant remember precisely, but he was 20 ish and was going to be worldclass.) If you find him remind me, lol.

i think fm hyped some players IRL that weren't as good as they were in the game, like Nicolas Millan, everybody knew him, though he was only 15 at the time but now he's just one more in this world

Being a Fulham fan i couldnt help but be a little excited when they signed Eddie Johnson about 2 years ago. He'd been a regular on my saves for a while and if i'd woken up as FFC manager IRL i just might have tried him out myself. Too bad he was pants in reality.

Lots of people know Bender, Ulrich

I blame it on EA making him and his brother, Sven Bender, become world class midfielders on FIFA 07.

That may be, but I found him without knowing of him earlier. I think that at least qualifies as a personal discovery ;)

My favorite discovery was a french kid in 04 or 05, called Kevin Monnet-Pacquet. He was a AML/FC and although his stats were never better than just above average, he always performed like a golden god.

Over the years i've unearthed many gems in my games, but when i come here i find someone has usually found them already. This year i've found a few great players, finally it seems we're getting some good young keepers. One you all know - Smithies, and 2 you might not: a french kid Johnny Placide and a lithuanian called Arguivas or something similar ( i just brilliantly overwrote that save and i cant remember precisely, but he was 20 ish and was going to be worldclass.) If you find him remind me, lol.

Arlauskis? The Lithuanian goalkeeper?

Well he shouldn't be unknown really. He was great in the Romanian league the last two seasons and helped life Urziceni to their first trophy. Not to mention their run in Europe where people got to see Arlauskis play.

I also think I am the first person to mention him on this forum with my Romanian Goalkeepers Thread. :)

I took this kid to the WC with Ghana and played him as my TM in the center of my 3-man offence. He scored a hattrick against DR Congo in a pre-WC friendly and while he didnt score at the world cup he had several assists and played all four games. We actually progressed top our Group, Drawing Germany 2-2 and beating a nasty Serbia side that lost in the QFs to finalists Holland after beating Argentina in the round of 16. We were knocked out by Mexico 3-1 in the Round of 16.

(BTW in this save England were beaten 2-0 by the US in their group and still went all the way to the semis (beaten by Holland), so give Rob Green a break..)

2mg5v9v.jpg

Archived