[FM17] The Hart Chronicles - Volume II: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man'!

PaulHartman71

September

9b0ab9c34ba72f0447ce071875fd673a.png

We took West Brom to extra-time thanks to a 2nd half fight-back, but unfortunately they had too much for us in the end. 

6bc6594a53539f5aa91efe201e9eebbc.png

Much much better in the league though. We lost at Doncaster which was a bit disappointing, but we picked up a good win against Ipswich and won against Burnley and Hull which aren't the easiest of games. It certainly looks a lot better going into the coming months. 

a44a6d2a30f879abd0fa931b58239440.png

We're not going to get too excited, but I'm pleased we're in the Playoff positions at this point and hopefully we won't drop out too many times between now and the end of the season. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm playing Cardiff away from home in the league and in the 11th minute at 0-0 my right back gets sent off. Not ideal. I take off a striker for a deputy right back and look to play on the counter to try and at least get a point. We make it to half-time at 0-0 - happy days. However, in the 67th minute the substitute right back picks up a 2nd yellow and gets sent off. Okay. I move around a few players, put our captain Karim Arkine from CM to RB and we have 9 men and a 4-4-0, with the intention of hanging on for 23 minutes for the point.

Then in the 86th minute, having still hung on to the 0-0, Arkine manages to pick up a 2nd yellow card to get sent off himself to put us down to 8 men and a 4-1-2 formation to hang on for 4 minutes. It's the 89th minute and the guy who is at RB, substitute defender Santangelo, who only came on in the 69th minute, makes a foul and gives away a penalty. He's on a yellow himself, but somehow the referee decides against sending him off too and putting us down to 7 men. Kevin Roux, my former captain at Cardiff, steps up to take the penalty and somehow Josef Marozi manages to save it! Incredible scenes, the greatest/jammiest game ever played, no? 

In the 93rd minute of the match, with just seconds to go, Santangelo manages to give away ANOTHER penalty and still somehow isn't sent off, but Jozef Marozi cannot keep out Mathys Chabert this time. 

0833c1bf1b38ed838d770033925652d9.png

One of those crazy games that makes you think "****ing hell" :D 

Edited by PaulHartman71

October

23deccd160515ef3068c4aad7b333385.png

October was certainly not as strong as September, but tbf we actually only lost 1 game and even if we'd have had just 9 men we'd have probably held on :D We got a good win against Bristol City, as well as a 2-2 against Leeds after being 3-0 down. We also got a 0-0 in the derby despite having 3 players suspended, so it's not all bad I suppose. 

bd521dd6500a9fe2dd1d0af7e3fa736c.png

We have however temporarily been kicked out of the Playoff places, with Cardiff a point ahead of us. 

I'm not sure what happened last night :D  I played two games in November against Brentford and Blackburn, then got through past the international break to just before a game with Everton. I thought I turned my laptop off and went to bed, but I think I woke up around half 1/2 with my laptop still on my bed. I turned it off and went to bed as normal. I've woke up today and the latest the save goes to is October 31st, before both of those games and Collot's injury. Bit dodgy but not much I can do now haha. 

Adam walked through the familiar halls of the building. He knew it had to be a dream because this building didn't exist in this time. It was the Hart Arena, the Stadium in Toulouse named for his late father - although in this timeline, his father never existed...

He opened the door of his father's office, as he expected, the late great Paul Hart was sitting behind his desk. 

"Dad"? 

"Adam. Is that you? My word, you've grown old, almost as old as me!" 

"What are you doing here, dad?" 

"What am I doing here? Son, this is a dream. I'm not really here. I'm a figment your imagination, but I am real nonetheless" 

"Oh so it's like when Harry Potter meets up with Dumbledore when Voldemort kills him?" 

"What? I don't know. But if you're here with me, there must be something on your mind. You have dreamt of me for a reason. What is it? What's bothering you son? The Chinese guys that gave me the time machine under the condition I go back in time and fulfill their demands haven't come back in time to kill you have they?" 

"The what? No. I don't know what you mean. I err... I guess I'm wondering about my purpose in life. I'm 66 years old. I don't know how long I have left, to manage, to live, etc. Was it all worth it? The time travel I mean. You sent me back, was it worth it?" 

"Well er, I don't know son, you must've been managing for what, 30 or so years by now?" 

"36" 

"36, well that's great. How much have you won by now? By the time I'd been managing for 36 years I'd won 3 Premier League's, 2 FA Cup's, a Ligue 1, 3 Europa League's, 1 African Nations, 2 Champions Leagues and a World Cup. Oh and I'd had a son come through as a footballer, not a great one but you know, I had one. How much of that have you won?" 

"Erm well I've won League 2 once, that's probably my biggest trophy so far"

"League 2 once?! That's your best trophy so far?  Is that all you've won?" 

"Yeah well I won the Conference too. Erm the EFL Trophy twice" 

"The EFL Trophy?! Nobody wants to win that! So you mean to say you've at best managed in League 1?!" 

"No I'm in the Championship now, with Sheffield Wednesday" 

"But still. 36 years and you're only in the Championship. You've not even managed in the Premier League yet, let alone the Champions League!" 

"Actually I have managed in the Champions League" 

"You have? How?" 

"Well I won the Welsh League a few times with Port Talbot" 

"The Welsh League?! ****ing hell. Adam, sweet Adam. Why on earth would you accept a job offer to join the Welsh League for god sake?" 

"Well I had to. They offered me the job. I had to take it didn't I?" 

"Why did you have to take it?" 

"Well you told me, before you died, that I should accept every job offer I ever get" 

"What?! I never told you that?" 

"Yeah you did? You said never turn down opportunities like you did" 

"Well no, I meant like, I turned down Real Madrid over 10 times throughout my career. I meant like that, not take every single job offer you ever get" 

"Oh" 

"...so you don't even have a son yet either? 

"I don't think so, no" 

"You never fail to stop being a disappointment. But there's still hope for you Adam. I'm sure you have a good 10 more years in you, or at least until FM18 comes out. Do your best. Try to reach the dizzy heights of the Premier League and the Champions League. Make yourself a son. You must carry on the Hart legacy. When you reach the end, you must do as I did, you must send another Hart back in time to carry on this great family's story"  

November

c55ae3390e391d7ee3d3ca5031a8e915.png

A reasonably good month, with a fantastic late win at Brentford, as well as a 4-1 win over an admittedly very poor Blackburn side. We got turned over at Everton after taking an early lead which was frustrating and I was annoyed we couldn't beat Norwich, especially as they went down to 10 men for half hour. 

a1fd632fc5bb7e33f078d0de1c908a3e.png

We're still in the Playoffs though so I can't complain. 

11 hours ago, Reggiana said:

What rating did Cardiff's left winger get? Surely he must have had quite a game.

He actually only got a 6.6, which seems mad given the circumstances, although tbf it was more terrible defensive tackles/mistakes that lead to the cards rather than one guy dominating. 

December

14c93d9d29886c71c610f3f66b259cc8.png

A very positive December as we went 6 games unbeaten, with 3 wins and 3 draws over the festive period. Hornero had one of his rare worldie games against Coventry as we absolutely roasted them 4-0 in what was the highlight of the month. 

d4726c012c3e12233c0393daef8ac4c4.png

The table is still really tight, but we remain in a very positive position at just past the halfway point. 

I've been linked with a few jobs recently with my contract expiring at the end of the season, with the teams including Everton and Middlesbrough who are both much bigger clubs struggling a bit behind us in the Championship. Either team would've been a decent move as both sides have far more money available to them, but it would've been a backwards step in the short term as neither team look hugely likely to challenge for promotion this season. This speculation will probably end now as Wednesday have given me a new deal...

b10f1933be65d835e595bacae960420c.png

9e43ad3b340b5985266aad5e62766f86.png

24d5905cf189eab300d997699df0811c.png

A shame to have to terminate Jamie Young's loan as he was a pretty good player for us, but he's broken his ankle and will be out for the season, so there's no point us keeping him for the rest of it. A replacement will have to be got in, especially as I just sold John Marriott who is one of our rotation CMs.

January

15740f3079cdc106b4f0a7855ab54132.png

We got a trip to Anfield in the FA Cup but they were far too strong for us. 

50d8dfc840075dd64b8b287bd3418c33.png

Another unbeaten month in the league, but we could have done with winning more than just 1 of the 4 games. 

0d911c1961c1bf689672585f02737891.png

We're in 3rd though so I'm not complaining too much at this point...

0770f415209326ac14291678bee1584e.png

A fair few outgoings this month, with around £8M in transfer fees coming in. 

38d77aa78cc9692b1a53aaf2dac1ae7d.png

We've plugged a few holes with loans and that should do us until the end of the season. I could do with a few more players, but there's not too much value in the market in January and it's not really worth buying anyone just yet, especially since if we do go up the standard of player we could get would massively increase. 

February

370d454542439530ac5f71f1bad3b550.png

A fairly reasonable February, with 2 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss in a month where we didn't have too much time to rest inbetween games. 

84035e95b58aadb26de40efe0a56db28.png

We remain in the Playoff places with 12 games to go, although it is still very tight. I can't see us making the automatic slots at this point as Forest and Doncaster seem to be a step ahead of everyone else, although we did almost beat Doncaster ourselves. 

March

be59119ea80be9bcc9ed9e91bcb644a7.png

An incredible capitulation saw us lose 3 on the bounce to 2nd place Forest, my old side and playoff rivals Cardiff and our arch nemesis - Sheffield United. Terrible stuff. Really bad. Since that bad run we have won our 2 easy games of the month, with a 3-0 win against Brentford and a 2-0 win over bottom place Blackburn. 

993a4dd11834b3c466f83ff458e51204.png

With 7 games to go we are 3 points ahead of 7th place Brighton. Every game is very important now, we cannot afford to lose too many of them, we have a few decent games but we also face Everton at home and have a massive trip to Brighton to navigate. 

April

e44c471061d09730d4cc2ef04f9a5bca.png

3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss is usually a good set of results, but the 1 loss being to Brighton has the potential to come back and bite us. Thankfully we won most of the other matches, including a confidence boosting win against fellow playoff rivals Everton. 

d5ac351bf7dce10b6b2c60321bbfc5f6.png

We have 2 games left and Brighton are still about. It would take a real cock up for us to miss out now, but it could happen. Our last 2 games are away to 23rd place Coventry and 16th place Bournemouth, you'd think we should do it, but don't count your chickens etc etc 

c2e2f855f2b8fd5ab6f18e9fea7c57e0.png

Bollocks! 

e2f8bd51dbc49a5f1182038bd27ada60.png

That horrific mishap away to Coventry has put the pressure on going into the final day. Cardiff lost as well which puts their place in the Playoffs in a dodgy place, with Brighton overtaking them, but we're level on points with the two of them going into the last day. We have the better goal difference and neither of them will catch us, but if they both perform better than us on the last day then we're done far! 

bb00ec3234109b36e157d29286d5692c.png

Leeds and Gillingham are both quite poor, so they could both feasibly win quite comfortably. We need to do the same. 

Our first choice keeper has put himself out for 6 weeks after a training session. Not great news. Our deputy keeper isn't too bad, he's still a decent Championship level keeper, but the first choice guy was a pretty good one, so it's still a bit of a downgrade. 

11948f9f492369efb667a4682b08951a.png

Well we managed to lose to Bournemouth...

39a9e4f175a2ae9ee4c50bf6e54261bd.png

But thankfully Brighton and Cardiff both lost too! We will face Burnley in the Semi Final. We beat them at home and lost away, so it's hard to say how it will go. They did finish 10 points ahead of us so you'd have them down as the favorites, especially with our first choice keeper out of action. But this is a big chance to get to the Premier League for the first time and I don't want to blow it!

3rd minute: A free kick for Burnley in a dangerous area. They're on the far left side of the Wednesday box, with plenty of claret shirts in the middle. Nazo hits it in and Dawes misses his header but it falls to DOMINIC KEARNSSSSSS.....THE AWAY SIDE HAVE NOT WASTED ANY TIME TONIGHT! It's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 0-1 BURNLEY

18th minute: Wednesday looking for an equaliser. Roberto Nunez pacing down the left wing, he's got Collot and Hornero in the middle, he sticks the ball in and Hornero is there... a big save from Southam but it's HORNERO ON THE REBOUND.... oh how has he missed that?! It's an absolute sitter from close range! He's got his head in his hands he knows that was a big miss. 

33rd minute: A corner for Burnley. It's Nazo to hit it in the middle...but Joe Hughes heads it down for Wednesday and they could break here... Hughes goes to hit it up the pitch, but he's tacked hard by Salo just outside the area, Salo picks it up and passes to Babic... Dragan Babic might have a shot at goal here...he does....ohhhh and it's a smart save from Alec Horne in the Wednesday goal!

51st minute: Hooper with the ball in the middle of the park. He's got Collot ahead of him with his back to goal, he finds him... ohhhh and Collot plays a beautiful ball in behind the defence out wide to Linley who is running through now... Linley can put it on a plate for Hornero here...it's Linley....and HORNERO heads it home from 1 maybe 2 yards out!! The home fans are going nuts as their side are level!!! It's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1-1 BURNLEY

63rd minute: Wednesday might be level but it's still all Burnley really. Huisman launches a long ball up to Craig Guthrie...Guthrie dances past one defender, ohhh and he's left another one for dead...just the keeper to beat...it's CRAIG GUTHRIE....ohhhh and Alec Horne makes a very good save to keep the substitute out!

75th minute: Vile Salo with the ball for Burnley. He's trying to slice through this Wednesday defence who have had a lot to deal with, but so far this half they've resolutely defended the 1-1 scoreline. Salo across the line to Corey Wright...Corey Wright to strike itttttt.... ohhh and it's another big save from Alec Horne. He might be Wednesday's 2nd choice keeper but you wouldn't guess it based on this performance!

82nd minute: Horne has the ball at his feet after a pass back. Guthrie is closing down the defence but Horne passes it to Santangelo just 10 yards away from him...ohhhhh and that's terrible balls up from the substitute centre back and the 2nd choice keeper...IT'S GUTHRIEEEEE OHHHHHHH!!!! A complete balls up from the Wednesday defence and Burnley lead once more!!! It's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1-2 BURNLEY

93rd minute: Alec Horne hitting the ball forward, maybe one more chance for the home side... but no!! It's over! And the first leg of this playoff semi has ended in big disappointment for the Sheffield Wednesday faithful, as Burnley have beaten them 2-1 here and they will take that lead with them to Turf Moor in 3 days time. 

433634f21a4c731d26ba7fcb6b5aa5f7.png

90ee821377699059ed5b6190182ab51f.png

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

Ohh, could be interesting times ahead if you don't get poached away, promotion or otherwise...

I find it really interesting timing. Like surely the current board/chairman won't accept any bids until the Playoffs are over, as we become a much more valuable investment with PL football. Although idk if the game is coded with that much level of detail for scenarios like this. 

12th minute: A strong start from the home team. Ville Salo running the show at the minute, he passes alongside him to Charlie Kirk, Kirk has some options opening up for him... one of them is Guthrie, he plays it through and it's CRAIG GUTHRIEEEEE.... he's fluffed his lines and its gone wide! A missed opportunity for Burnley!

59th minute: Salo trying to carve through the Wednesday defence, but O'Sullivan is having none of that and intercepts it... he plays a quick low ball to Hornero who is on the halfway line, still 2 Burnley shirts ahead of him... Hornero squares it to Collot who is up with him and Hornero could be on goal if he times his run right....he's not onside and Collot has put him through at the Burnley goal... just the keeper to beat... he dinks it and it trickles into the bottom left corner!!! It's BURNLEY 0-1 (2-2) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY and the away side have levelled the tie!!!

64th minute: A throw in for Wednesday by the halfway line. Behrenbeck to chuck it in... he finds Nunez who takes a fantastic touch, gets it down and plays it forward to Collot...Collot running at the goal he could have a shot as he's not far out... but instead he passes alongside him to HOOPERRRRRR....OHHHH AND HE'S CALMLY SLOTTED IT PAST THE KEEPER!!! It's BURNLEY 0-2 (2-3) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY and Adam Hart's men lead for the first time in the tie... and as it stands, they will be going to Wembley!

76th minute: Kirk on the left wing for Burnley. They're trying to find another goal which would tie it up on aggregate. He hits a long gaping ball down towards Babic who is running onto it... Babic in acres of space and there's two shirts in the middle... AND NATHAN HENRY IS UNMARKED AND SLOTS IT HOME!!! Awful defending to allow  him to be in that much space! It's BURNLEY 1-2 (3-3) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY and as it stands we will have extra-time here tonight!

88th minute: A corner kick for Burnley. This could be one of the last chances to prevent this going to extra-time. Dragan Babic hits it in the middle... PEDRO JESUS IS THERE... but it's cleared off the line a goal line scramble! A late let off for Sheffield Wednesday!