[FM17] The Hart Chronicles - Volume II: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man'!

PaulHartman71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

53rd minute: Martins racing forward for Coventry towards The Gills' box, but Thompson puts in a brave tackle there to win the ball back deep into his own half and he's passed it forward to O'Reilly who's come just into this own half to pick it up... there's only really Rocco Kelly ahead of him with a couple of Cov defenders back... but O'Reilly has put a long ball in anyway, can Rocco Kelly get there first... he's racing forwards, he's left the Coventry defender marking him for dead... it's Rocco Kelly... the keeper has come out to meet him and ohhhh he's gone round him and fired that one into the net right infront of his own fans!!!! An incredible goal from Gillingham and just like that...it's COVENTRY CITY 1-2 GILLINGHAM 

65th minute: Coventry coming forward. Greg Horne hoarding the ball...he's got Efraimidis ahead of him, he finds the Greek midfielder who scored the leveller... McDonald making a run into the box... he finds him... BIG CHANCE... BIG SAVE! MOHAMED TARFI IN THE GILLS' GOAL WITH A VITAL STOP!

72nd minute: Peakcock picks up the ball on the left for Gillingham. He's hit a nice ball forward for Kelly to run onto... Rocco Kelly down the left byline can stick a cross in here... it's not a great cross it looks like it will escape all of the Gillingham players BUT OHHHH IT'S CLATTERED OFF LIAM SIMMONS WHO HAS PUT IT INTO HIS OWN NET!!! An own goal which could prove very very costly because now it's COVENTRY CITY 1-3 GILLINGHAM! 

93rd minute: A goal kick for Cardiff here. The keeper is rushing to take it but I don't think it will matter...the Gillingham fans are all whistling now, they think their side has done enough...AND THEY HAVE DONE ENOUGH BECAUSE THE REFEREE HAS PUT AN END TO THIS GAME! GILLINGHAM WHO HAVEN'T BEEN AS HIGH AS THE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR FORTY-THREE YEARS WILL FINALLY BE BACK NEXT SEASON AND IT'S THAT MAN, ADAM HART, WHO HAS GUIDED HIS SIDE TO A MEMORABLE VICTORY IN THE HISTORY OF THE CLUB!

7f4b5e1b018004525b0c33f0b5f4637c.png

8ff89682035b4b3ef6bc101e9f6bd257.png

Man United were champions this season, with Darren Fletcher picking up his 3rd Premier League winners medal as a manager. Interestingly, Man United and Chelsea have now rotated the title for the last 9 years: 

6f666995fa10dfe7be07fc1211822d80.png

Timm Klose came 2nd in his debut season as Arsenal manager, but the takeaway story for him was beating Chelsea at the San Siro in the Champions League final, giving Arsenal their first Champions League win for 12 years. Chelsea had to settle for being runners-up in that and 3rd in the Premier League, with Man City coming 4th. 

It was a terrible year for Everton, as they were relegated back down to the Championship for the first time since 2024. They won't be joined by Southampton who romped home to win it and get promoted after missing out on top flight football for 2 years. Northampton won League 1 to get promoted to the 2nd tier for the first time in 81 years. Finally, a big year for fans of Hyde United, as they were promoted to the Football League for the first time in their history. 

The 2048 European Championship was hosted by France, who, managed by Laurent Koscielny, suffered the embarassment of going out in the Second Round to the Czech Republic, Koscielny was duly sacked. Jermaine Defoe's England side had a fairly easy route to the Semi Final, as they got their after besting Russia and Romania, but they were no match for El Shaarawy's Italy team who beat them 2-0. Defoe has kept his job though and will lead England to the 2050 World Cup, which will take place in China. 

Italy wound up facing Joao Tralhao's Portugal side, who beat Spain, managed by Xavi, 1-0 in the Semi Final. It was to be El Shaarawy's Italy side that won the tournament though, as they won 2-0 after extra-time at the Stade de France. 

6da601780e7a03feb1a1edfc858c6f4e.png

In a fairly shocking twist, MK Dons, who ended up 17th and were just 5 points away from being relegated to League 2, decided to come in for me just days after the Playoff Final. They're a bigger club, with better facilities, more money and a stadium twice as big as Gillingham's, but either way, I'd have been pretty annoyed if I'd have had to go there. Thankfully I was bailed out by Gillingham making an offer to save me...

7107ce76fe45e5f0e54e8901c485271a.png

Thank god for that :D 

I guess it shows the promotion has increased my reputation enough to have slightly bigger sides interested in me though, which could possibly lead to lower end Championship sides going for me next season. We'll probably be scrapping for our lives down at the bottom of the table anyway, so even if a bigger side in relegation danger did come in for me, it would probably be a good move both in the short and long term. 

Edited by PaulHartman71

Season 32: Gillingham

e16ea1927d4b574906637e33f361757a.png

A great season, we achieved everything that we set out to do which is the main thing. A poor performance in the FA Cup, but that's long forgotten now. It was also quite cool to win the EFL Trophy again despite not really setting out with the intention of doing so. 

Squad

Dean O'Reilly was our most valuable player, with 32 goals and 13 assists across all competitions leading us to promotion and an EFL Trophy win. Rocco Kelly popped up with some important goals, with 18 goals and 5 assists across the season for the somewhat injury prone striker. Ryan Taylor was a bit of an unsung hero in the middle of the park, with the experienced 33 year old starting a crazy 61 games this season in all competitions. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                 Division                               Position      Achievements/Other
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League          8th         Eastern Counties League Cup winners
2017/18    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League         11th         Left in November
2017/18    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         13th         N/A
2018/19    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         10th         Left in December 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19    Carlton Town         United Counties Premier League           8th         United Counties League Cup runners-up. Sacked. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                      3rd         Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy winners
2020/21    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                     17th         Left in November 
2020/21    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   11th         N/A
2021/22    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   17th         Left in December
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        13th         N/A
2022/23    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        18th         Left in January
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N   7th         N/A
2023/24    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N  11th         Sacked in November
2023/24    Hythe Town           Isthmian League 1st Division S          12th         Joined in January
2024/25    Hythe Town           Isthmian League 1st Division S           3rd         Left in March
2024/25    Canvey Island        Isthmian League Premier Division        23rd         Relegated 
2025/26    Canvey Island        Isthmian League 1st Division N          23rd         Sacked in November
2025/26    Farsley Celtic       Northern Premier League 1st Division N  11th         Joined in January
2026/27    Farsley Celtic       Northern Premier League 1st Division N   5th         Left in March
2026/27    Stourbridge          Northern League Premier Division        21st         Relegated
2027/28    Stourbridge          Southern League 1st Division C           5th         Promoted via Playoffs 
2028/29    Stourbridge          Southern League Premier Division        15th         Left in November
2028/29    Lancaster City       Northern League Premier Division        21st         Relegeted. Sacked. 
2029/30    Southport            Northern League Premier Division        14th         N/A
2030/31    Southport            Northern League Premier Division         5th         Left in April 
2030/31    Port Vale            Northern League Premier Division         3rd         Lost in Playoff Final
2031/32    Port Vale            Northern League Premier Division         2nd         Lost in Playoff Final
2032/33    Port Vale            Northern League Premier Division         6th         Left in January 
2032/33    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     8th         N/A
2033/34    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     3rd         Qualified for Europa League via Playoff
2034/35    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     5th         Welsh Cup winners
2035/36    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     2nd         Welsh League Cup winners
2036/37    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     1st         Welsh Premier League winners
2037/38    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     1st         Welsh Premier League & League Cup winners
2038/39    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     2nd         Left in December
2038/39    Yeovil Town          League 2                                22nd         Sacked in March. 
2039/40    Salford City         Conference                              14th         Joined in October. FA Trophy winners.
2040/41    Salford City         Conference                               4th         Promoted via Playoffs
2041/42    Salford City         League 2                                22nd         Left in November
2041/42    Blackpool            Conference                               1st         Promoted as Champions
2042/43    Blackpool            League 2                                 1st         Promoted as Champions
2043/44    Blackpool            League 1                                18th         N/A
2044/45    Blackpool            League 1                                 4th         Left in April
2044/45    Swindon Town         League 1                                 6th         Lost in Playoff Final
2045/46    Swindon Town         League 1                                17th         Sacked in September
2045/46    Gillingham           League 1                                 9th         Joined in December
2046/47    Gillingham           League 1                                 6th         EFL Trophy winners & Lost in Playoff Semi
2047/48    Gillingham           League 1                                 4th         Promoted via Playoffs & EFL Trophy winners

Trophy Cabinet

League 2                       x1 - 2042/43 (Blackpool)
EFL Trophy                     x2 - 2046/47, 2047/48 (Gillingham)
Conference                     x1 - 2041/42 (Blackpool)
FA Trophy                      x1 - 2039/40 (Salford City)
Eastern Counties League Cup    x1 - 2016/17 (Ipswich Wanderers) 
Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy x1 - 2019/20 (Basildon United) 

Welsh Premier League           x2 - 2036/37, 2037/38 (Port Talbot Town)
Welsh Cup                      x1 - 2034/35 (Port Talbot Town)
Welsh League Cup               x2 - 2035/36, 2037/38 (Port Talbot Town)

eb28454699583eea1940d9f774c28d63.png

3f0f88939a590f4183fdfab7dd84026e.png

The only notable departures in the summer saw Moroccan goalkeeper Mohamed Tarfi leave for SPL side Hibs after they came in for him and he desperately wanted out, as well as left back Thomas Wilson who left for Colchester United. 

4d1dffd739f04097b15e3db540750b65.png

I didn't get as much of a wage budget increase as I thought I might, so we had to make do with a few additions and some loan signings. Aaron Blakeman was our main signing, he's a very good and experienced CB brought in to strengthen our defence ahead of the torturous Championship campaign. We got Chris Ritchie in on loan from Fulham to be our replacement keeper for the season, he's pretty good and I assumed Fulham were in the Prem at first, so I was surprised to see them in the Championship as they let us have him when usually clubs in the same division refuse. Not sure if maybe we're just that little of a threat to their promotion hopes that they thought **** it, who knows, not gonna complain. I managed to set up a parent club type deal with Arsenal, which was handy and they let us have tricky winger Herve Junior on loan for the season, he looks pretty decent. We managed to get Callum Chick from Everton, another fellow Championship side, although they're heavy favorites and will probably romp home, so I guess they can afford us to have him. We had to pay 100 percent of his wages which is fair enough I guess.

August

dc720f68a141edfcd472477e5f42513e.png

A fairly routine first match in the League Cup, but we could only beat Wycombe by 1 goal. 

1692413cc175ede7ac75fe94092189b9.png

Hull away from home is a much tougher game, but we really had no trouble against them, with a 3-1 win putting us into the hat for the 3rd Round. 

394889f96b1692725fbacdfa5b414bca.png

I'm not even sure we started this well in League 1 last year :D Swansea look like an absolutely terrible side and I'd be amazed if they stay up this season, they looked worse than the majority of League 1 sides we played last season. Cardiff aren't much better, as we put 4 past them too later in the month in Wales, not a great time for Welsh football it seems. We got score draws against Fulham and Carlisle, as well as a decent 1-0 away win at Brighton. So far, so good! 

4632f25d47e3cc572f26bd437f0aa52a.png

:brock:

September

457b78aa2805c23a23b808dc986df435.png

I thought we could maybe get past Carlisle at home, but despite taking the lead we couldn't hold on and they got the win. 

fe39322af7f47e034ea00a0884e898cb.png

We got a bit of a reality check this month, as we drew 0-0 at Northampton and then lost 4 on the bounce, including a big potential relegation 6 pointer against Blackburn. 

3e4fd329256a47c03142c3f2ae7f05f4.png

We've dropped down the table quite a lot and this will continue if our horrendous form continues 

October

abe59445d966926a6ed025c9c88b9f38.png

We lost to Sheffield United to make it 5 losses in a row, but then put on a hell of a show at Charlton to get a much needed 3-1 win. Following that we managed to get a point against Ipswich which was decent, we did lose to West Brom who are a very strong side, but since then we got a point against Colchester. 

acf22b800b9356c56af9a9a6c97e6311.png

We are teetering closer to the drop zone, but thanks to our very good start, we're still 8 points clear at the moment. 

just caught up congrats on getting into the Championship and retaning the Checkatrade trophy.  Looks like after a dream start things are getting a bit tougher, just need to consolidate this season and keep that rep growing

November

0b9e0cfe4c4d8dc692486a9eceb351ac.png

A big win at Birmingham as we fought back from 2-1 down to claim a big 3-2 victory. We also got a point at Sheffield Wednesday before losing to run away league leaders Everton. 

096c8fa324df2dd0fe0d90342f5c5468.png

Despite 4 points this month, we are now only 6 points off of Blackburn, there's 6 teams below us before them though so we just have to hope that at least 1 of those teams is worse than us for the rest of the season. Cardiff and Swansea both look quite bad and I'd be surprised if either of them managed to stay up. 

December

ec632c0666423f0fc883971762d5f767.png

A couple of losses kicked off December, but we put in a fantastic display at Playoff chasing Huddersfield Town, with O'Reilly and Rocco both getting braces in a brilliant 5-0 win. That 5-0 win was a real high, so in a way, it was quite fitting that I ended my time at Gillingham on a high. Yes that's right. I have left Gillingham. I have left Kent. And I have also left the country... well, sort of. 

266eb6c565fa0bf95cd1ea38b24b0435.png

bbdce38611486da250bd5b2aeda4b9e3.png

Cardiff are a much bigger side than Gillingham, with more money, a bigger stadium etc so there are some upsides to this move. The big downsides though are that they're rock bottom of the table, with just 3 wins from 21 and a real mess of a squad. 

0f9fcf3b7b0f601d657ba34bb0fb299f.png

The previous manager has assembled a squad designed for a 3-5-2. There's not really any decent full backs so I'm probably going to have to stick with this formation at least until January. We're 4 points off of safety (plus goal difference) so we're not thaaaat far away, but we're gonna have to hit the ground running and get some points in the bag sooner rather than later if we're to stay up. 

2f66052cc78fc586aa6b3b731b78bb58.png

A return to Wales after my successful spell 10/15 years ago. If we could get Port Talbot to the Champions League, surely Cardiff will be no problem, right? They're very much a perennial relegation candidate in the Championship and have flip-flop'd between it and League 1 for the last 30 years. Not since 2014 has the Cardiff City Stadium seen Premier League football and the fans are pretty bored of what they're getting. 

40ec5f8e30f001bc10b4d117fbb946a3.png

Despite having the 4th biggest stadium in the Championship, we have the 4th worst average attendance, with just 13,235 coming to see us on average. 

b6145c14dd7ea309977e6e6adf20a3fb.png

What is more damning though, is that we have by far the worst attendance percentage per capacity, as we manage to fill just 39 percent of our stadium. 

Image result for cardiff

Image result for cardiff

Image result for cardiff city stadium

We must do everything in our power to bring the good times back to Cardiff. They're a big club that deserve better than this. There are plenty of good youth prospects milling around in the U23/U18 team, which is great (as I can sell them for short term gain :brock:) and there is a reasonable amount of money at the club - the board don't seem too keen on giving me much of a wage budget or transfer pot just yet though, so I'll have to rely on loans in January. There's a parent club relationship with Liverpool already in place so that will come in handy. 

December

866bb7ca9499f7eb7d6f681dd4e15c22.png

A decent 1-1 home draw with Ipswich on my first match, before a resounding 4-1 home win against Charlton which was great and a much needed 3 points. Since then we lost both of our away games to Sheffield United and West Brom, but both of those sides are in the Playoffs so I'm not getting too upset about it. 

39a04a5490ae9dabc95550069cf40364.png

We end 2048 in 23rd, above our fierce rivals on goal difference alone. Despite 4 points from my first 2 games, dropping 6 in the next 2 meant that we're still 4 points (and goal difference) from safety. A tough January will follow. I'm hoping I can get a few decent loans in. 

396af4cb1af16f819137e1dc6fce98a4.png

I forgot to talk money! Cardiff gave me a huge contract which dwarfed my Gills contract and is a lot more than anything I've had before. It runs until 2050 and there is the usual 50 percent clause, but even next year it would cost quite a bit to buy me out!

January

b280474e016dea1589337eb86e58f18b.png

We got a decent crowd in to face the Premier League champions, unfortunately we lost 2-0 but we weren't completely outclassed. 

94905d3da3ab07744331345fdd882882.png

Some more losses this month, including an annoying one at my old side Gillingham, Blakeman banged in an amazing free-kick to get a last minute winner, which was pretty annoying as he didn't score any of those kind of free-kicks for me! We at least beat both Essex sides at home though, with a 1-0 win against Colchester and a 3-0 drubbing of Southend. 

f98f31808c199936b9b5029d8ded0a9c.png

Unfortunately though with 16 games to go we're now 5 points (and goal difference) away from safety. A long way to go yet!

060d1c6d0e4f10f0199570ed9a4635c3.png

We got 3 loans in. None of the players are amazing but they're the best we could get whilst paying virtually nothing in fees. Henri Ruby is a ST capable of playing on the right wing too, Martin Francis is a left winger and 17 year old Aaron Holmes joins from our parent club, he can play on either wing and up-front. 

February 

We had some proper crazy games this month: 

66bf4e600c6e12a0b0eb888b6fa13661.png

57dfdeb6473d91803a27d653babfd9b9.png

These kind of games where you ultimately end up with nothing for your 3 goals are so much harder to take when you're fighting for your life at the rear end of the table... 

d978d164b547c275dddb78457e0ffc60.png

Ultimately we had an alright February especially considering how many games we had to play. We got a 3-1 win at Burnley after going 1-0 down early on which was good, but the highlight of the month was the relegation 6 pointer against bitter rivals Swansea, which was won by a last minute goal to make it all the more sweeter. We also got draws at home to Huddersfield and Brighton. 

a5fd2c622aa89047f70424dad063a0af.png

Despite this decent run of games, we're still 4 points (and goal difference) off of Blackburn with 10 games to go. Carlisle are 7 points (and goal difference) ahead of us and you'd think barring a shocking run of form for them, they should be safe. Swansea are basically down, but Burnley will continue to fight. We still have Blackburn, Carlisle and Northampton to play, but other than that our run of games isn't that easy. Whilst Blackburn still have Burnley, Swansea, us, Carlisle and Northampton - so the pressure is on. The only saving grave is that other than us and Blackburn, Carlisle seem to have a pretty hard set of games coming up, so maybe, just maybe, they could drop enough points for us to catch them instead of Blackburn. 

Edited by PaulHartman71

I'm not actually sure if I'll keep my job or not if we do go down. I'm pretty confident we'd come straight back up even if we lost a few players as the club have enough money/wage budget to dominant League 1, but I do think the board hired me with the intention of keeping us up. I'm not sure what sort of job I'd expect to get if I did get sacked, would possibly go down to being a upper-mid League 1 side sort of job rather than a mid/lower-mid League 1 job like when I took over Gillingham. 

March

14f47aad6a21b115b803418c1b13a263.png

A really unlucky game at Fulham where we went 1-0 up early on, blew the lead and went 2-1 down, but then clawed it back to 2-2 and I was really hoping we could get that much needed point but we blew it again late on. Since then though we got a decent 2-1 win at Birmingham after being 2-0 up at half-time, they did come back in the 2nd half but thankfully that time we did manage to hold on, even if it took a proper parking of the bus. I thought we were only going to get a 0-0 against Carlisle which I probably would've taken due to our dire situation, but then John Marriott took advantage of a comedy goalkeeper mistake and we got all 3 points. That was massive as it might well drag Carlisle into the relegation dog fight we're about to enter. 

5c0bf8be4a47157da7294c6c8caaa7de.png

We've clawed it back to 2 points (and goal difference) on Blackburn with 7 games to go, with Carlisle and Sheffield Wednesday just 4 points ahead of us. Burnley are all but down now and Swansea are long gone. 

We have 5 games in March where we need to get as many points as possible. Northampton away is next, they're possibly a side we could get a point at and they having looked at the breakdowns they actually have one of the worst home records out of everyone in the league. Nottingham Forest at home next which is a bit of a write off as they're in 5th and going for the Playoffs. We've then got Reading away who are 4th which is another game which will be really hard. Brentford at home after that, they're 11th at the minute and have no real hope at the Playoffs, possible that we could get a point from that if we're lucky. The last game of the month is the all important 6 pointer though as we travel to Ewood Park - it's a must win game if we're to stay up especially given their easier run in, I expect them to possibly be 4/5 points ahead of us by that point so we'll need to win to claw it back. Fingers crossed Carlisle and/or Wednesday's poor form continues too as that could help us out.

April

aa8a2e7d9fd10fe142c30d7f98fd7249.png

A huge 3-0 win at Northampton kicked off the month. I hoped we could take that form into a home game with Forest and get something, but they were too strong for us. We were 2-0 up at Reading at half-time which was completely surprising, it was unsurprising that they came at us with everything they had in the 2nd half, but I was very pleased we held on for a point. We tried our best against Brentford but again, they were too strong. 

Then came the Blackburn game. All I can say is a big thank-you to Dylan Moore... 

8fdc3f7caaba9730e4dc7eda8335777e.png

In what will surely go down as the worst game of his life, he scored a hilarious own goal to give us the lead, then less than 20 minutes later he got himself a straight red to give us a man advantage for an hours worth of football. It took us just 1 minute to make it 2-0 and then it was plain sailing from that point on. 

ce4786b033c661692a397dda7e763e37.png

With 2 games to go it's very tight, but we're out of the drop zone and have even gone ahead of Carlisle! The remaining fixtures are as follows: 

Us: Sheffield United (10th) - H, Charlton (13th) A 

Carlisle: Blackburn (22nd) - H, Sheffield United (10th) A 

Blackburn: Carlisle (21st - A, Northampton (16th) H 

I'm not sure if we'll get anything from our matches, hopefully we can get a point out of one of them or something. I think the ideal result from Blackburn/Carlisle game is a Carlisle win, because then even if we lose our first match, Blackburn absolutely have to win their last game with Charlton and we could stay up with 2 draws even if Blackburn did win that last game. 

bf0d1df737e6800246c2fc4d0a69c483.png

We put in a lot of work against Sheffield United but unfortunately they got a win. Blackburn beat Carlisle which is not really the result we were after from that game. This leaves it like this going into the last game:

20th: Gillingham - 49 pts, -11 
21st: Blackburn  - 48 pts, -21
22nd: Cardiff     - 46 pts, -18
--------------------------------------------
23rd: Carlisle     - 46 pts, -20  

Gillingham are more or less safe as it would take a massive goal swing between them and us and Carlisle for them to go down even if we both won and they lost. Blackburn are safe if they win, they could draw and we could win and leap over them on goal difference, Carlisle could do the same if they won by 2 clear goals and Blackburn lost. We're safe if we lose as long as Carlisle lose by 3 clear goals more than us. We're safe if we win and Carlisle win as long as they don't win by 3 clear goals more than us. We're safe if we draw and Carlisle lose or draw, but if we draw or lose and they win, then we're down. 

Image result for amazon logo

Glen Johnson: Good afternoon and welcome to Amazon Sports News on what is surely going to be a cracking end to this season's BET365 Championship. We're streaming live on Amazon Prime and this is the only place where you can watch live goals as they happen on every match day! I'm joined in the studio by my colleagues - Aaron Ramsey, Harry Kane, Jack Wilshere and Carl Jenkinson, with a very special guest in former Sunderland, Doncaster, Watford, Newcastle and West Ham manager... Jordan Henderson! 

Jordan Henderson: Thanks Glen! 

Jack Wilshere: He's had more clubs than Tiger Woods! 

Carl Jenkinson: HA-HA BANTER!!!! 

Glen Johnson: Yes, we've got an exciting run of games today. The league title and the Playoff places may well have been taken up already, but there's some big big games happening down at the bottom of the table, as 1 of Carlisle, Cardiff, Blackburn and Gillingham has to go down to League 1! Aaron, what do you make of your old stomping ground's chances of staying up? 

Aaron Ramsey: Well I think you know erm Adam Hart's come in and taken over mid-season, with the intention of keeping them up and I think he's done a pretty good job but of course it all boils down to the games today. 

Glen Johnson: They've got one of the biggest stadiums in the league Aaron, but it's half empty every week. I mean, you've got Southend and Colchester taking 2 or 3 thousand a week more than them, that's got to be worrying hasn't it? 

Aaron Ramsey: Yeah of course I think it's a worry, but I think you look at those clubs and they've somewhat established themselves as Championship sides in the last 3 or 4 years and their fans are loving it and flocking there week in, week out. You know it's good times for Southend and Colchester, but I think for Cardiff they've been floating around the lower end of the Championship and League 1 for around 30 years now and I think the fans have got bored of it. I think at first when the attendences started dropping 10-15 years ago, there were people at the club who tried to pass the blame on the abolishment of the 3pm blackout and the introduction of the Amazon Prime Season Ticket Passes, but as you say you look around and there's other clubs out there that are filling their stadiums. Birmingham and Brighton are getting 26/27,000 each in the Championship, the likes of Sunderland and West Ham are getting 60,000 in the Premier League. Man United are getting over 108,000 people in every week to the Dre Beats Sir Bobby Charlton Stadium and even Arsenal are getting around 84,000 a week to the JustEat Herbert Chapman Arena. So I think Cardiff have to accept that they're fans want more than they are getting. 

Glen Johnson: I mean, you're watching the Charlton/Cardiff game today, what do you make of their chances? 

Aaron Ramsey: I think they've just got to go for it. It's not the easiest place to go, they get a lot of fans and make a lot of noise in Charlton, but those lads have nothing to play for and the Cardiff boys are fighting for their lives. I think if they can keep it tight and try and nick something on the break they've got every chance of doing something. 

Glen Johnson: Okay well Harry Kane will be watching Blackburn take on Northampton at home. Blackburn could probably stay up with just a point, but do you think they can beat Northampton today Harry? 

Harry Kane: I think if erm the Blackburn mens on the teams can run up the pitch and puts the balls in the goals then they will scores a goals and then maybes they will wins the games. I thinks if they scores the goals then then they wont's go downs and it will be stay up time and party on the pitch time.

Jack Wilshere: Intellectual as ever Harry! 

Carl Jenkinson: HAHAHA BANTER!!!!

Glen Johnson: And Carl we've got you on Carlisle's trip to Sheffield United, do you think Carlisle can get anything there and stay up? 

Carl Jenkinson: Well I mean it's hard to say mate y'know, cause they could get all 3 points today and still go down! Imagine the banter if that happened mate! Mateeeee! 

Glen Johnson: It looks like the teams are about to come out the tunnels up and down the league. Make sure you don't go anywhere because we're bringing you live action...next!

Edited by PaulHartman71

12.02PM 

Glen Johnson: We're just two minutes into today's action and THERE HAS BEEN A BIG BIG GOAL AT THE VALLEY... Aaron, who's it gone to? 

Aaron Ramsey: Yeah it's gone to Cardiff Glen! They've really gone for it from the get go and as you can see the replay now, it's Marriot who passes it out wide to Riley, he cuts in and most wingers would try and cut it into the middle or stick a cross in, but Riley's gone for the keeper's near post and I think he's almost caught him off guard. It's rifled into the bottom corner though and Cardiff are 1-0 up! 

Glen Johnson: Happy days for Cardiff because AS THINGS STAND they're up to 21st place, above Blackburn on goal difference and 2 points ahead of Carlisle, who AS THINGS STAND, would have to beat Sheffield United by 4 clear goals. 

Carl Jenkinson: Oh mate imagine the banter if that happened!

12.19PM

Aaron Ramsey: CHAAAANCE!!!!!

Glen Johnson: OHHHH AND THERE'S BEEN ANOTHER GOAL AT CHARLTON!! Have Cardiff doubled their lead Aaron?! 

Aaron Ramsey: No it's a Charlton goal Glen. It's poor defending really, Charlton have taken a clever free kick, Coppens stuck it out wide to De Weijze who was completely unmarked, he got a cross in and it's an easy tap in from Martin Vickery to make it 1-1. The Cardiff defence just too slow to get back in the box after Charlton caught them off guard. 

Glen Johnson: That means that we're back to square one as Cardiff fall behind Blackburn, but still remain above Carlisle, although it does mean, once again, AS IT STANDS, all Carlisle need is one goal without reply and they're staying up. Carl does it look like Carlisle might find a winner in Sheffield? 

Carl Jenkinson: Oh mate there's more chance of finding Wilsh walking without a limp. It's a dead rubber mate, it's a dead game, Carlisle don't look like they want it. I don't even wanna watch it! 

12.47PM

Glen Johnson: It's half-time pretty much everywhere now and the scores in the relegation scrap after one half are as follows: 

Blackburn Rovers 0-0 Northampton Town

Charlton Athletic 1-1 Cardiff City 

Sheffield United 0-0 Carlisle United 

Glen Johnson: As things stand, it will be Carlisle who face the drop, but if they can get just 1 goal and it stays a draw at Charlton, then it will be Cardiff who go down instead. 

13.14PM 

Glen Johnson: THERE HAS BEEN A GOAL IN THE CARLISLE GAME! This could change the fate of everything! Carl Jenkinson, who has it gone to? 

Carl Jenkinson: It's only gone to Carlisle hasn't it? They're 1-0 up! They're staying up mate! 

Glen Johnson: Oh. Well you see Carl, it says on my screen that- 

Carl Jenkinson: I'm just having some banter with ya Glen! You know what I'm like! What am I like? Yeah it's Sheffield United who have gone 1-0 up mate, they've had a corner, the geezer's put it in the box and Matias Seiler, however you pronounce it, he's put it in the net ain't he? 1-0 Sheffield! 

Glen Johnson: And that means that AS IT STANDS, even if Cardiff were to go 2-1 down in Charlton, they would still remain a Championship side next season. 

13.30PM

Carl Jenkinson: GOAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!

Glen Johnson: THERE'S BEEN ANOTHER GOAL AT SHEFFIELD UNITED'S GROUND, HAVE CARLISLE FOUND AN EQUALISER CARL? 

Carl Jenkinson: Yes mate they've done it! 

Glen Johnson: Carllll 

Carl Jenkinson: Alright alright they ain't! It's 2-0 Sheffield init. That Sellier blokes scored again. I dunno what the goal was like I don't watch the games do I? 

Glen Johnson: So it's bad bad news for Carlisle fans, but pretty good news for everyone at Cardiff. Just 20 minutes to go now and you'd have to think the best hope that Carlisle have of staying up now is pegging it back to 2-2 and hoping Charlton get a winner against Cardiff. Aaron, do you think Charlton could find that winner?

Aaron Ramsey: It wouldn't surprise me Glen. Adam Hart's barking orders at his boys, I dunno if the news of the Sheffield goal has filtered through yet, maybe he'll try and park the bus for 20 minutes to try and hold onto the point as like you say, it's hard to see Carlisle getting 3. I think his only problem is that there's probably not that much point sitting back just yet, as inviting Charlton onto them for 20 minutes or so probably isn't the best move. They seem to be playing on the counter at the minute and hoping for a break to fall to them. 

Glen Johnson: We'll be sure to update you immediately if anything does change in either game!