FM15: FC Barcelona - Més que un Club

Luizinho

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoy developing youngsters in the game. I always individually train attributes and use mentoring etc.

the problem with 0degaard and why I am recmending a loan is he doesn't arrive until the January even when bought at the start of the game. This means he arrives when the embargo has started. You can't play him at all, not A , B or even U19 games. Not only that but it won't allow you to list him for loan either as he hasn't officially become your player. He is just stuck there playing no football what so ever....rotting away until the embargo lifts.

Finally it's Jan 2016 :D

Out - Bartra, Vermaelen & Pasqual

Trying to also sell Song and soon to be out of contract Pedro

Edit - got £13M for Pedro which was better than nothing in the summer !!!

In - Jovic, Tielemans, Gil Romero, Gaya (full release clause sadly but worth it), Sule & Ajer

.. Plus Odegaard can finally play!!

Have also arranged some deals for summer 2016 for a 4-5 star potential RB, CB & SC - all 16 or younger.

VERY Happy :)

.... As continuing to bring in players who are mostly 21 or younger all with huge potential.

Problems might start when they all turn 19 and have to be named as part of the 25 man league squad but I can always loan a few out if I have too many eligable players.

Probably can't afford him but has anyone bought Laporte from Bilbao?

Stats look good but might wait until Pique has gone as 4 top CBs would be tricky to all keep happy....

Tried to get Neves from Porto but it appears they removed his £17M release clause in the summer of 2015.

They want £3.5M a month for a loan deal ..... Crazy!!

Have seen other posts saying he leaves on a Bosman at the end of his contract so might have to bide my time :)

Edit - he wasn't listed for loan hence the huge amount - they listed him a week later and only wanted £67K a month for a 2 year loan deal ... Sorted!

They want £95M for a transfer though !!!

I enjoy developing youngsters in the game. I always individually train attributes and use mentoring etc.

the problem with 0degaard and why I am recmending a loan is he doesn't arrive until the January even when bought at the start of the game. This means he arrives when the embargo has started. You can't play him at all, not A , B or even U19 games. Not only that but it won't allow you to list him for loan either as he hasn't officially become your player. He is just stuck there playing no football what so ever....rotting away until the embargo lifts.

He can just train 7 days a week in that case :D

Think his stats have improved in the year he was unavailable

I think those youngsters can do with some gametime tho

Did you miss the part where I said "play them myself"?

I agree about the Odegaard situation. But that is an unique case because he can't be registered due to the embargo. And after the patch/data update you won't worry about that as he will be joining Real Madrid.

But there is no excuse for loaning the other youngsters you have bought.

I thought I would start a game with Barcelona, I'm always a Liverpool man all the way back to the Atari/Amiga days but I just fancied a change.

I'm using FMC and made a few changes but the only first team ones are Balanta and Peruzzi rotating with Montoya and Tielemans on the bench, everybody else is for the future.

First three league games Elche 12-0, Villareal 5-3 and Athletic 11-0, playing 4-3-3 and this is without Suarez, not sure what is going on.

Messi has 10 goals and Neymar 8.

Messi & Alba both out for the remainder of the 2015/16 season

Lost the first leg of the Champs League Quarter Final 5-1 away to Dortmund ...... Distraught :(

Second leg at home

26 mins - Rafinha 1-0

47 mins - Giovinco 2-0

52 mins - Giovinco 3-0

60 mins - Rakitic 4-0 (scores now level but Barca have the crucial away goal)

80 mins - Neymar 5-0

90+1 mins - Munir 6-0

In shock :)

Really can't recommend cmonreds tactic enough guys ........

Anyone else found that some of the mainstays of this squad want to leave a bit prematurely ?

Nothing to do with not playing enough but wanting a new challenge having won everything there is to win

.... Just not with me!

In 2 seasons I've won the league twice plus the super cup twice - have never win the Spanish cup.

I lost the CL final in my first season then lost in the semi finals in the second.

Dani Alves is knocking on a bit and wasn't going to give him a new contract in Jul 2017 so it's ok he wants out

... Surprised that Busquets want to go though.

Mascherano demanding to leave in Jan 2017 as he doesn't like Spain ?!?

I've got Gil Romero & Neves so I will be covered at DM but im just a bit miffed at the timing really .....

If I win the CL does that generally change players minds?

Would ideally like to keep Busquets who has another 18 months on his contract so fingers crossed

I play him Samper as a CM.

I use Busquests or Mascherano as a HB or DM depending on the opposition set up but I don't think Sampers defensive attributes are up to these 2 roles.

He's doing great as a CM as understudy to Rakitic at the moment.

What a hilarious start to the season :D

8cee68b0997a5362cfeed3b9f7b19c98.png

(Apologies for the language in the screenshot, but if you've played this game before you know what the tab below his recent performances means)

in second season of my barca league. won CL and league first season.madrid beat me in cup final. only signing u18 players that can become home grown-Vallejo/ajer/odegaard/svilar so far. also will buy back thiago/keita/icardi maybe too. embargo lifted in 3 months. want an all la masia produced squad by 2020. Goalkeeper will be a problem i think.

right now team in 2020 looking like being

?

Pique-33

Bartra-29

Alba-30

Montoya-28

Busquets-31

Thiago-28

Rafinha-27

Messi-32

Adam-23

Munir-24

Just finished season two, captured the treble. Madrid pushed me all the way in the league, I finished with 100 points, they had 96. I'm main mainly focused on signing more young players to develop through the academy, with the one exception being Pogba. I was thinking about offering Rakitic and around 30 million for him. Other than that the team is set, I think I will let Adriano and Alves stay for one more season each as I have regen Brazilian replacements for both. How long does it take for the foreign players to gain their Spanish citizenship?

April 2017

Dani Alves will be leaving on a free.

Mascherano is homesick so will be leaving too.

Not all bad as I have Callum Chambers joining at end of season :)

Has anyone tried retraining some of the Barca squad?

Traore might be a passable WB ... In an emergency maybe as low tackling but great attacking attributes.

Rafinha would definately do a job as a LWB.

Finally won the CL :)

Will look to get rid of some of the reserve players who I have loaned out who won't be good enough to make the first team squad now.

Marcos Rojo is next on my shopping list before the 2017/18 season starts

- the first player since the first season (Giovinco, Pasqual ) that I have bought who was over 21 !!

• 3 weeks later...

Barcelona 2016/17

Having been with Juventus for 2 seasons, I decided to leave after winning everything I had set out to do, so I thought it was the perfect time to take the Barcelona job, that I had been offered:

34ikzh1.png

Barcelona are going through a mini-trophy drought, led by Luis Enrique, who was sacked, then took the Spain national job.

There squad is largely untouched, due to the transfer ban, with the exception of Susaeta coming in for £17m. Outgoing wise, looks like Adriano has left, Dani Alves too, and Xavi has recently retired, so I've took him on as a coach.

So you'll be seeing me post in here for the foreseeable future :D

MY CAREER                                                                                                   
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season   | Team                  | Country        | League & Finish        | Cups                                | Continental                        
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  | Juventus              | Italy          | Serie A - 1st          | Supercoppa - Winners                | Champions League - Finalists
                                                                            TIM Cup - Winners 

2015/16  | Juventus              | Italy          | Serie A - 1st          | Supercoppa - Winners                | Champions League - Winners
                                                                            TIM Cup - Winners

2016/17  | Barcelona             | Spain 

From memory it happens before the Aug 2017 squad registration deadline.

So neymars should have happened by end of Aug 2016

August 2016, do you mean? Suarez was signed in 2014 wasn't he?

I've just signed Juan Fernando Quintero for around £8m, and he's classed as foreign, as is Luis Suarez. Plus I'd like to sign Balanta from my old club, and Johnathan Silva for left back, which would be 4 in total.

Neymar is now EU.

August 2016, do you mean? Suarez was signed in 2014 wasn't he?

I've just signed Juan Fernando Quintero for around £8m, and he's classed as foreign, as is Luis Suarez. Plus I'd like to sign Balanta from my old club, and Johnathan Silva for left back, which would be 4 in total.

Neymar is now EU.

:)

Yeah 2016

:)

Yeah 2016

Phew :D

Well I'll be on it tonight, shaping the squad/club, hiring staff etc, so I should get to the end of the transfer window, so I will do an update tomorrow morning of my ins & outs.

Atletico Madrid are monsters in that league at the moment, more dangerous than Real Madrid as it stands.

Barcelona 2016/17

Basically, due to the transfer ban, here are the only ins & outs made by the previous manager, Luis Enrique:

9734vp.png

Disappointed to see Deulofeu leave, and NKoulou leave for just £1.7m. But in Bender and Vrsaljko, I have two very capable players.

Barcelona tasked me with "signing high profile players", only I struggled because they didn't back me with any significant funds, so how does that work with the board?

They gave me £7.75m to play with, and only 35% of player sales, which went up to 50%, so I took the decision to drop the average age of the squad, and sell off a few of the high earners, and invest those free wages back into the squad, so off went the likes of; Vermaelen, Bravo, Mascherano and Song. Xavi also retired, saving me 220k p/w.

I managed to bring in Gotze as my marquee signing, but it didn't seem to hit the boards "signing high profile players" target. With all the changed I've undertook, my net spend is only £1m, pretty good I though for my first window:

34g4xzm.png

The coaching set up also needed looking at, they were vastly under staffed, some areas of coaching only having 2 stars:

14o4whc.png

Scholes & Xavi added to the under 19's, what a time to be a midfielder in my youth team :D Bergkamp is a brilliant technique coach too.

The scouting set up was also poor, only having 4 scouts at the club, I filled the quota up with genuine quality scouts, as I want to get this measly 15% knowledge up:

2462m4w.png

After a Summer of admin :D we got a good pre-season under our belts and took on Valencia as my first match in Spanish football, without Neymar, Messi and a few others who were still on holiday after the Olympics and we got off to a great start:

2rg0qs9.png

The Champions League draw looks like this:

296nrdx.png

And here is the table as I saved it last night:

29fbcxk.png

MY CAREER                                                                                                   
Season   | Team                  | Country        | League & Finish        | Cups                                | Continental                        
2014/15  | Juventus              | Italy          | Serie A - 1st          | Supercoppa - Winners                | Champions League - Finalists
                                                                            TIM Cup - Winners 

2015/16  | Juventus              | Italy          | Serie A - 1st          | Supercoppa - Winners                | Champions League - Winners
                                                                            TIM Cup - Winners

Barcelona 2016/17

I've had problems getting Messi fit due to him being at the Olympics and not getting a proper rest and pre-season, so I've sent him away on a total of 3 weeks holiday, he came back and scored 5 in his first game back :D

In his absence, Neymar stepped up after I criticised his performances, by putting 4 past rivals Espanyol:

jsc0vt.png

Us, and Real Madrid have been neck and neck, so El Clásico was massive to try and out a gap between us, it was one of the few games I've managed to pair Suarez, Neymar and Messi from the starts, also worth noting that Real Madrid were missing Varane, Ramos and Pepe:

2qved52.png

So here is the league table currently:

2r5zy8j.png

Šime Vrsaljko played my first 6 games, then demanded a new contract because he felt he "was now a first team player", even though his was only playing because Montoya was injured and he has 4 years left on his contract. He kicked up that much of a fuss, I demoted him and dropped him completely, only for him to apologise a few weeks later. He's played one game since. I've got no time for "demands" from players who think they are bigger than what they are.

Munir is another one complaining far too much, because Juventus are interested. They ain't even made a bid yet!

MY CAREER                                                                                                   
                                                                            TIM Cup - Winners 

TIM Cup - Winners

After great success during my time at Schalke, winning 4 trophies in a season and a half, Barca came calling and it was impossible to knock back, so joined in September 2016.

Struggled in my first 2 games, drawing with Madrid (which would ultimately cost us) & edging a narrow win against PSV before I decided to switch formations and go for an ambitious 3-4-3 with a Neymar Messi Suarez front 3. What a decision it proved to be.

We started to absolutely demolish teams, with regular 7,8,9 and even 12(!)-0 scorelines. We also reached 100 team goals before the New Year. Messi's seasonal 77 goals a highlight.

Despite our performances, Real were always neck and neck with and hardly anything separated the sides right up until the last game. They were top due to the head to head rule, which is a ludicrous rule IMO.

A 1-0 January defeat to them ultimately handed them the title despite us scoring 169 goals and being miles ahead on GD (+133 compared to +72):

2wqcy6r.png

Cup wise we smashed Sevilla 6-0 in the Copa Del Rey Final, giving us our first trophy of my spell and the clubs first in 4 years:

zjukjk.png

In the CL we were a real force too, scoring 48 goals all in, including 7 against Inter, PSV & Sparta Prague and 4 away to Munich in the semi-final. Never in FM have I made a tactic which has been so dominant. We made it to the final with ease, although the final was a different story as we scraped past Liverpool 1-0 with Suarez scoring against his old side.

Despite all this, my job security is very insecure, I mean WTF is that all about? :lol: Won the clubs first trophy in 4 years and would've won all competitions had it not been for the crazy head to head rule. FM at it's worst!

My stats since taking over at Barca:

1z1wi1s.png

Currently in Feb 2018

Pique has completely lost it - loads of mistakes resulting in goals conceded .... He has 12 pace so I've had to drop him and bring in Sule instead. I have a good selection of CBs - Sule, Balanta, Rojo and Vallejo - so the time could be right to sell Pique ... No matter who his wife is :)

Giovinco who had been understudy to Messi since the first season has 18 months left on his contract.

He is amazing when he plays and is pretty much getting a goal a game but his physical stats are starting to dip.

He want a new contract but I am going to wind his existing once down .... Or at least see within the final year if he warrants a new one. He's being a disruptive so and so though by refusing to tutor anyone.

This season Barca have won the Spanish Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, World Club Championship.

Have Dinamo Zagreb in the Champs League last 16 and am defending a 2-1 lead against Real Madrid in the Spanish Cup semi final with Barca's home leg to come.

5 points behind Real Madrid in the league with a game in hand and about 15 to play though unfortunately I have played RM twice already.

RM always seem to throw away points during the final few months of every season so I'm not overly concerned.

Barcelona 2016/17

Just entered January, having some issues with getting Messi to sign a new deal as I can't meet the 535K he's currently on.

Anyway, I made it through top in my Champions League group, leading me to draw Napoli in the nest round:

21eq96s.png

Also had this amazing result, Messi and Neymar running riot:

144bvo4.png

Unsurprisingly, Messi won Ballon D'Or:

2mrwnip.png

And I've managed to help nurture this talent too...

wjje69.png

Here are the current standings:

6sbb6h.png

MY CAREER                                                                                                   
                                                                            TIM Cup - Winners 

TIM Cup - Winners

Season Three Review: It was a clean sweep, won the European Super Cup, the SuperCupa, the Club World Cup, the Copa del Rey, La Liga, and the Champions League.

Neymar broke a leg two games in, so I operated with Suarez in the AML role and Traore as the main AMR. Suarez dominated, outscoring Messi.

Barcelona%20Season%20Three%20Squad_zpsdppzgfzb.png"]Barcelona%20Season%20Three%20Squad_zpsdppzgfzb.png[/url]

Ran away with the league, beating Madrid home and away.

Barcelona%20Season%20Three%20Table_zpsbeoqlpie.png"]Barcelona%20Season%20Three%20Table_zpsbeoqlpie.png[/url]

One of the highlights of the season was the Copa del Rey semi-final against Madrid. After drawing 4-4 at home, we staged a great comeback during the second leg in Madrid, looked like we were going to lose 5-4, but Iniesta came up with the big goal late on.

Barcelona%20Season%20Three%20Copa%20el%20Rey%20Semi%20Final_zps1k4u5hq5.png"]Barcelona%20Season%20Three%20Copa%20el%20Rey%20Semi%20Final_zps1k4u5hq5.png[/url]

I also knocked Madrid out in the Quarter Final of the Champions League. The final was a bit more tricky than I wanted, but we still came out on top.

Barcelona%20Season%20Three%20Champions%20League%20Final_zpsqutexhhe.png"]Barcelona%20Season%20Three%20Champions%20League%20Final_zpsqutexhhe.png[/url]

Just seen how many goals you scored in the league limmy - wow :)
Limmy- what tactic are you using? That's so unbelievable results you've got there. Top stuff!

Cheers, I started with a 3-5-2 with attacking wing backs and Messi as an AM but after a few scrappy wins in my first few games I decided to push the wing backs up and dropped Montoya for Pedro. Pushed Messi forward too and set him as a F9 with the roam from position PI. Never looked back!

ric20j.png55i5iu.png

The front 3 of Messi Suarez & Neymar were unbelievable, Messi getting 77 goals, Suarez 41 & Neymar 35 despite missing 4 months due to a broken ankle. Munir also had a great season scoring 30 in 30 before being ruled out by injury.

My only signing was Balanta from my old club Schalke for £45m after selling Duelofeu for £50m to PSG. Promoted Adama Traore and despite being rated 2 stars by my assistant, he shadowed Pedro well scoring 9 in 15.

Most improved player though has to be Sergi Samper, developed into Xavi mark 2 and is now my first choice central midfielder ahead of Iniesta.

Few screenshots -

Samper:

27xm6gz.png

Munir:

qy73iu.png

And probably our hottest prospect, had to promote him from the U19's due to injuries to Neymar & Munir and he didn't disappoint, 10 in 15 including 5 against Numancia:

29emc5h.png

Barcelona 2016/17

January has come and gone, and I decided to do a little business, offloading Jérémy Mathieu due to his high wages and low playing time, replacing him with Marc Olivier-Kempf. Also shipped out Montoya, and replaced him with 19 year old David Carmona, who looks a real talent:

Ins:

iw126q.png

Outs:

1547zok.png

The Copa Del Rey draw drew us and Real Madrid together in the semi final, we managed to win and progress to the final:

2ustxr6.png

b7xphi.png

We play Valencia in the final.

Jonathan Silva's form is keeping Jordi Alba out of the first team.

MY CAREER                                                                                                   
                                                                            TIM Cup - Winners 

TIM Cup - Winners

Cheers, I started with a 3-5-2 with attacking wing backs and Messi as an AM but after a few scrappy wins in my first few games I decided to push the wing backs up and dropped Montoya for Pedro. Pushed Messi forward too and set him as a F9 with the roam from position PI. Never looked back!

ric20j.png55i5iu.png

The front 3 of Messi Suarez & Neymar were unbelievable, Messi getting 77 goals, Suarez 41 & Neymar 35 despite missing 4 months due to a broken ankle. Munir also had a great season scoring 30 in 30 before being ruled out by injury.

My only signing was Balanta from my old club Schalke for £45m after selling Duelofeu for £50m to PSG. Promoted Adama Traore and despite being rated 2 stars by my assistant, he shadowed Pedro well scoring 9 in 15.

Most improved player though has to be Sergi Samper, developed into Xavi mark 2 and is now my first choice central midfielder ahead of Iniesta.

Few screenshots -

Samper:

27xm6gz.png

Munir:

qy73iu.png

And probably our hottest prospect, had to promote him from the U19's due to injuries to Neymar & Munir and he didn't disappoint, 10 in 15 including 5 against Numancia:

29emc5h.png

Limmy, when you get a chance could you let us now the mentality and team shape you use?

Limmy, when you get a chance could you let us now the mentality and team shape you use?

I use standard and flexible mate, hardly vary from it unless chasing a game late on.

Just beat Chelsea 4-1 in the Super Cup and Real in the Spanish Super Cup, Munir is a beast!

Thanks man!

Congrats on that win!

Btw I take it you don't use OI's?

Cheers! I use them for the wide players i.e RB set to show onto left foot and vice versa for the LB. If it's a dangerous player I'm up against I chose hard tackling and show onto weaker foot.

And to answer the Samper question above he was already brilliant by the time I arrived but I set Iniesta and Busquets to tutor him and had him on DLP/Regista/AP individual training which has worked a treat.

Barcelona 2016/17

Managed to pull off the treble with Barcelona in my fist season in Spain, romping the league, bagging 169 goals:

29beiih.png

m7rssy.png

Next up was the Copa Del Rey:

vp85rl.png

After disposing of Bayern in the quarters, we met Real Madrid:

2z8wxg4.png

Following by the other Madrid in the final:

16j3erm.png

The whole season was great on the pitch, but a struggle off the pitch, the board are not willing to do anything, they won't improve the youth facilities or training facilities, they won't let me renew Messi's contract, they've decreased revenue to 35% and give me an £18m transfer budget, and want me to "sign high profile players". Chelsea have offered my the job, so its more than likely I will take that offer and leave Barcelona.

MY CAREER                                                                                                   
                                                                            TIM Cup - Winners 

TIM Cup - Winners

2016/17  | Barcelona             | Spain          | La Liga - 1st          | Copa Del Rey - Winners              | Champions League - Winners

Really need to get an affiliate club with merchandising benefits :) - Real M have ones in USA & China in my save.

The finances are a negative unfortunately - my original few years were full of fees paid over 24 months which then crippled me over that period.

After tempting fate that Real M would drop points I was thrilled when they of course won the final 15 games to take the title by 5 points.

Won the Spanish Cup and Champs League so 5 out of 6 trophies would have to do

...... Always frustrating when you don't win the domestic league though!

I've got to Sept 2018 and have not spent anything as I had a few youngsters who either have done really well in the U19s or have returned from loan.

Time to change up the squad .... Well a bit anyway :)

I just sold a 31 year old Giovinco (who I bought in the first season for £3.5M) for £15m

Also managed to get £15M for Pique whose pace seems to have been at 12 for last 12 months - not quick enough sadly (I have Sule and Balanta who are both very quick)

Also sold Deulofeu, Jovic and Bonazzoli (combined cost of signing was £2.8M) for £67M - all good players but either didn't suit my tactic or didn't progress as much as I'd hoped.

Add some other reserves to this list and over £100M was added to the kitty in the summer.

Due to the rules in signing players from Brazil who can't actually join until they are 18 I keep forgetting about these and then random players turn up each window ..... Some of them are pretty decent.

Just need to figure out how to end up with a few good players via the youth intake and I will be happy - every year maybe 2-3 players who are worth signing but nobody amazing.

have decided to start as barca so far sacked all the staff and bringing in new better replacements im also looking to do a big overhaul and let the likes of pedro bartra possibly pique and bring in hummels,balanta and some other talented youngsters

Archived