FM15: FC Barcelona - Més que un Club

Luizinho

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sold Xavi and Dani Alves purely because they was getting on and neither of them really played for me. Rakitic was sold for £30+ million to Spurs as I didn't particularly like him but I just promoted a kid to play instead which has worked out well for me.

I play Suarez out on the right personally and he does very well especially as an IF (A) he bagged me a decent amount of goals. I prefer him to Neymar personally, I think he offers more to the team but I still won't sell either of them just yet as you're weakening yourself and making someone else stronger.

Losing Samper and Munir is a shame but its because of their low buyout clauses they start with. Samper gets a lot of game time for me and he's improved well and I turned down an offer of £25million already. Munir just keeps getting better year after year and getting game time due to the assist and goals he gets for me.

Busquets has been nothing short of brilliant. Haven't though about selling and I think i'd turn down pretty much any bid down for him. I did sell Lucas Romero though as I was offered £50 million for him by Bayern Munich.

Thanks guys.

Have been trying desperately to offload Alex Song. He definitely won't fit into my plans and I still can't quite believe he is on £155,000 per week, who on earth thought it was a good idea to pay him that much?! I will look to keep the rest though. I still feel Xavi can do a job, a good job, for this season. I would have probably sold Rakitic to be honest, but with the embargo I need to keep him.

I would like to try and bring Munir and Samper back to the club, but with Munir at Juventus and Samper at Monaco they probably won't come cheap. Still at least I have a season to unsettle them.

Any "must" sell barca players ?
this version too many players complaining of lacking game time.

guess i have to sold 1 dm between busquetts, mascherno and semper..

I always sell Mascherano at the start. He is 30 years old, too much high salary and can be sold for great value (30m euros). I also sell Adriano who usually goes for 15m euros.

Any "must" sell barca players ?

It depends who you sign. I sold Song after his loan was up, and I sold Mathieu because I bought Balanta and didn't want to carry four CBs. I'm in the second season now and I expect Tielemens will take more of Xavi's games, but I wouldn't sell Xavi, just let him see out his career with the club.

I've just taken over as Barca manager in June 2019, after 5 seasons at Man United. Luis Enrique got the sack after we beat Barca 3-0 in the Champions League final.

I just gave Munir a new contract as he had 1 year left. We still have Neymar, Suarez & Messi as the core of the team (despite my repeated attempts to sign Messi as United boss).

Are there any players who should have progressed from the youth ranks to first teamers? Adama Traore hasn't played much for the first team, but looks decent.

I just sold Jordi Alba, Iniesta, Marc Bartra and a couple of others to free up wage budget and get some money.

Brought in a couple of regens from United, as Laurent Blanc has taken over and already started ruining my work by demoting the young players I'd been using and buying older players like Shaqiri.

I've just taken over as Barca manager in June 2019, after 5 seasons at Man United. Luis Enrique got the sack after we beat Barca 3-0 in the Champions League final.

I just gave Munir a new contract as he had 1 year left. We still have Neymar, Suarez & Messi as the core of the team (despite my repeated attempts to sign Messi as United boss).

Are there any players who should have progressed from the youth ranks to first teamers? Adama Traore hasn't played much for the first team, but looks decent.

I just sold Jordi Alba, Iniesta, Marc Bartra and a couple of others to free up wage budget and get some money.

Brought in a couple of regens from United, as Laurent Blanc has taken over and already started ruining my work by demoting the young players I'd been using and buying older players like Shaqiri.

I have Patric and Grimaldo as back up full backs and they do a good job and I promoted them from the youth set up as they're already there. Nearing the end of my 3rd season now but have a look at Halilovic (spelling may be wrong) but he starts in the Under 19's and looks very promising

Ah yeah, Grimaldo is going to be first choice WBL now I sold Alba. Looks a very good player . Don't remember seeing the other 2, might have been sold previously but will have a look.

Grimaldo has played roughly 25 games for me this season with an average rating of around 7.58. Let me know if you find then other players

For the first time ever, i've requested that a league game of mine be postponed as it's a rearranged mate which has been rearranged for when 12 of my players are away on international duty.

What roles are ppl using for Iniesta, Rakitic and Busquets?

I was thinking of using a Regista (Busquets), RPM-support (Rakitic) and an APM-attack (Iniesta) and wondered if anyone had tried this before :)

Rest of the team will/might :) be 2 IFs- support and a TRQ up front with WBs-attack and BPDs - one cover one stopper

I've seen a few of you have said you also control the B team - if this achievable simply via the staff responsibilities section?

also managing in the EPL where overage players can be selected for the U19s is not an option in Spain. Can you simply transfer players who are lacking match fitness to BARCA B until they are fit?

So Pep, we meet again.

a1mttK.png

Well we had an amazing season:

Messi 69 in 55 - 28 assists. 8.09 avg

Suarez 29 in 37 - 29 assists. 7.98 avg

Neymar 36 in 47 - 16 assists. 7.91 avg

Also had Reus but he struggled to get ahead of these 3, as you'd expect.

I hate saying it to but if Messi had finished half the clear cut chances that fell his way we'd be sitting here looking at 80+ goals easily. :applause:

Barcelona Season report 2014/15.

I initially set this save up as a ‘Test’. Just to see what I could do with Barcelona, to see if I could recreate the Barca brand of football and individual player roles as I am a fan irl but not a tactician in the absolute slightest... I found the football we were playing initially was very good but I just couldn’t seem to grasp 54% +, but I was enjoying it so much I plodded on and gained some pretty good results with it.

Now I knoooww it's Barcelona but you still gotta play the right way with them, right!?

Transfers

JYekpP.png

Soon as Chelsea came sniffing for Pedro offering £30m+ I, somehow managed to do a deal with them which structured in total to be £51m! Quickly, he was going to be replaced by Marco Reus. (Bargain!)

When I received the money for Pedro I wanted/needed Thiago Silva. I seen a couple of people here buy him and I really like him in real life and I think its just what barca need. Pacey, Strong, Commanding and of course, good with the ball. I asked the board for him, and they delivered. For a cheeky £41.5m.. expensive but if Luiz is worth £50m, that was daylight robbery.

Bought and loaned out both Balanta and Romero as I would want them to receive as much play time as possible as next season being as we would be under a transfer embargo, I could look at them as new signings.. in my head anyways!!

Copa del rey

Our run to the final was pretty easy tbh. I was fairly nervous about coming up against Bilbao as they always posed a threat and had already beaten us earlier on in the season, 2-1 at home.

oBT5vq.png

As you can see, we were comfortable, but of course we had a Classico in the final.. It went like this:

aXwFbP.png

Wiped the floor with them. And did all season.

Champions League

European football is never easy, and a few games in Europe this season had me getting angry!

ocXxgo.png

The group stage was okay, although I was still working the team out. The Leverkusen result away 4-4 particularly annoyed me as we were 3-0 inside 30 minutes and cruising until Kiessling decided he fancied himself FOUR goals. We managed to snatch and equaliser in the 93rd minute to seal a draw but yeah.

Man City in the quarters were difficult as they have obvious quality throughout. Although we dominated completely at home, they took the first goal of the tie through none other than Sergio Aguero. We went to the etihad after that and completely blew them away.

Same story for Dortmund, they were flying in the Bundesliga, still a fair distant away from unbeaten Bayern, but still a strong team that happened to get blitzed by us at the Nou Camp. The away leg didnt really worry me as the more they tried to attack, left gaps at the back for us to exploit.

As I previously said, Bayern went completely unbeaten in the league so I expected a hard battle for the ball and the result! But if you scroll up from this post a little you can see that wasn’t the case and we went on to win both battles!

La Liga

After this defeat to Bilbao in week 3, we went on a 49 match unbeaten run which in that included a 30 game winning streak!!!

XEdgbz.png

9Wzc2N.png

We blitzed Madrid home (5-3) and away (3-0) which in the end the table looked like this:

DJU2GQ.png

Summary

So yeah, all in all, great season. Won manager of the year too. As for next season with a couple youngsters coming back I can see Mascherano leaving as he’s moaned a fair bit about first team football and although hes great, Busquests just suits me so much more as hes more flexible.

Another to leave will probably be Rakitic if the price is right. Rafinha, towards the end of the season came alive in a central role and along with Sergi Roberto and Sergi Samper (who may want a move) aswell as the returning Lucas Romero, we should be well covered centrally.

Mathieu or Vermaelan may be on the list to go aswell as Balanta needs more playing time and I do have already Pique and Thiago Silva, aswell as Batra, so in actual fact, both will probably end up leaving!

Uf5Nmh.png

Personal stats..

So yeah sorry for the long scrolling post, think I covered most things.. If you have any advice for me please say! Gracias.

I really want to, he was awesome when he played instead of Xavi or Busquets!

Yeah Neymar AML - Inside forward support

Suarez AMR - Inside forward support

Messi ST - Treq/Poacher depending on game/defence.

Also allowed Messi and Suarez to rotate a couple of times which worked out pretty well.

Well ill be soon starting my Barca save to and im also thinking about doing that with Messi and Suarez. This rotation through the match could make opposition defence a lot of problems :)

Maybe ill start save in coming days or when winter update comes out. Dont know yet :D

feche: Thanks ill try that now :)

Lew: How was Adama performing out on loan' date=' did he improve?[/quote']

Uhh, still looks very very raw tbh. He had an ok season but Celta did finish bottom of La Liga. Adama had 1 goal 3 assists in 29 apps in the league averaging 7.03...

Currently in a transfer battle with Hull but ive offered him a very decent contract so im hopeful he stays.

Barcelona Season report 2014/15.

I initially set this save up as a ‘Test’. Just to see what I could do with Barcelona, to see if I could recreate the Barca brand of football and individual player roles as I am a fan irl but not a tactician in the absolute slightest... I found the football we were playing initially was very good but I just couldn’t seem to grasp 54% +, but I was enjoying it so much I plodded on and gained some pretty good results with it.

Now I knoooww it's Barcelona but you still gotta play the right way with them, right!?

Transfers

JYekpP.png

Soon as Chelsea came sniffing for Pedro offering £30m+ I, somehow managed to do a deal with them which structured in total to be £51m! Quickly, he was going to be replaced by Marco Reus. (Bargain!)

When I received the money for Pedro I wanted/needed Thiago Silva. I seen a couple of people here buy him and I really like him in real life and I think its just what barca need. Pacey, Strong, Commanding and of course, good with the ball. I asked the board for him, and they delivered. For a cheeky £41.5m.. expensive but if Luiz is worth £50m, that was daylight robbery.

Bought and loaned out both Balanta and Romero as I would want them to receive as much play time as possible as next season being as we would be under a transfer embargo, I could look at them as new signings.. in my head anyways!!

Copa del rey

Our run to the final was pretty easy tbh. I was fairly nervous about coming up against Bilbao as they always posed a threat and had already beaten us earlier on in the season, 2-1 at home.

oBT5vq.png

As you can see, we were comfortable, but of course we had a Classico in the final.. It went like this:

aXwFbP.png

Wiped the floor with them. And did all season.

Champions League

European football is never easy, and a few games in Europe this season had me getting angry!

ocXxgo.png

The group stage was okay, although I was still working the team out. The Leverkusen result away 4-4 particularly annoyed me as we were 3-0 inside 30 minutes and cruising until Kiessling decided he fancied himself FOUR goals. We managed to snatch and equaliser in the 93rd minute to seal a draw but yeah.

Man City in the quarters were difficult as they have obvious quality throughout. Although we dominated completely at home, they took the first goal of the tie through none other than Sergio Aguero. We went to the etihad after that and completely blew them away.

Same story for Dortmund, they were flying in the Bundesliga, still a fair distant away from unbeaten Bayern, but still a strong team that happened to get blitzed by us at the Nou Camp. The away leg didnt really worry me as the more they tried to attack, left gaps at the back for us to exploit.

As I previously said, Bayern went completely unbeaten in the league so I expected a hard battle for the ball and the result! But if you scroll up from this post a little you can see that wasn’t the case and we went on to win both battles!

La Liga

After this defeat to Bilbao in week 3, we went on a 49 match unbeaten run which in that included a 30 game winning streak!!!

XEdgbz.png

9Wzc2N.png

We blitzed Madrid home (5-3) and away (3-0) which in the end the table looked like this:

DJU2GQ.png

Summary

So yeah, all in all, great season. Won manager of the year too. As for next season with a couple youngsters coming back I can see Mascherano leaving as he’s moaned a fair bit about first team football and although hes great, Busquests just suits me so much more as hes more flexible.

Another to leave will probably be Rakitic if the price is right. Rafinha, towards the end of the season came alive in a central role and along with Sergi Roberto and Sergi Samper (who may want a move) aswell as the returning Lucas Romero, we should be well covered centrally.

Mathieu or Vermaelan may be on the list to go aswell as Balanta needs more playing time and I do have already Pique and Thiago Silva, aswell as Batra, so in actual fact, both will probably end up leaving!

Uf5Nmh.png

Personal stats..

So yeah sorry for the long scrolling post, think I covered most things.. If you have any advice for me please say! Gracias.

That's a great initial season, well done!

You've set the benchmark for the team records now :) Could you post a screenshot of Messi's goal tally aswell?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as a side note to everyone, I'm going to working on the thread from now on as I have some more free time now :thup:

You've set the benchmark for the team records now :) Could you post a screenshot of Messi's goal tally aswell?

Just as a side note to everyone, I'm going to working on the thread from now one as I have some more free time now :thup:

Great news :)

Just as a side note to everyone, I'm going to working on the thread from now on as I have some more free time now :thup:

Sure, here he is:

NPZEUR.png

It looks like hes started the season like a house on fire, fact is other than his assists, hes annoyed me so much! Couldn't hit a barn door.

Ah you are all so lucky haha.

I decided to start a Barcelona game, I only signed Tielemans and no one else. The day before my first league game of the season Messi gets injured for 2-3 months. Neymar is already injured and Suarez got injured along with Munir. I'm starting my season without one single striker available for selection !

Archived