FM15: FC Barcelona - Més que un Club

Luizinho

I needed funds so sold Bartra at end of first season - bought Sule as his replacement so considered that an upgrade.

Am also managing Spain and as a result of Pique and Ramos getting older Bartra is now first choice alongside Vallejo.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do not let Bartra go.

He's one of the best centre backs in the game, 3 season's in.

i had already let him go by the time i saw this i signed hummels and balanta to replace him ive played three won two and lost at home to bilbao after dominating them for the whole game and them scoring from there first shot :( im just hoping to win the league this season and then start to put my own stamp on the side from next year and will look at bringing in younger players such as tielemans and gaya and some good regens.

Here is Barta, he's 4.5 star rated and in the top 5 CB's in world football, on my save:

298t2v.png

Was brilliant for me last season and a beast from set pieces.

kind of regret this a bit now oh well if needs be i can try and buy him back haha

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having finance problems in first 2 seasons. By end of 1st season and 2nd season im always 20mil in the red.

Do your board add money at end of season if needed? have only played 2 seasons with Barca so worried about starting a long term save. I don't buy anybody first season just 15 mil on new staff and old staff mutual terminations. Not sure why im in the red!

Season 2019/20

Having won all 6 completions it's time to allow some of the older/reserve players to leave

Out go Alba, Gil Romero and Peruzzi .... To be replaced by Alaba, Emre Can and Stojanovic (young RWB from Slovenia)

Suarez and Messi both 32 but still seem to have the physical stats to play on for a year or 2 ... Suarez had best season ever.

Decided to move out some more older first teamers and younger reserves who are not quite up to scratch.

So to add to Alba, Gil Romero, Peruzzi I also sold Munir, Traore, Odegaard and Rakitic

..... All 7 for a combined £221M

Busquets will probably leave in the Jan 2020 window - he won't feature in the first team now I have Can and Neves to play the DM/HB role

I'm only left with 7 original players from when the save started 5 seasons ago

Ter Stegen

Rafinha

Samper

Halilovic

Suarez

Neymar

Messi

Hopefully a smaller squad of just 22 will mean more game time for the reserves which should improves their attributes - the likes of Munir and Traore only started maybe 10-12 games last season as they were not even getting on the bench when the squad was fully fit.

Fingers crossed I won't regret this :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Started up my new Barcelona save and it should definitely be fun! As there will be a transfer embargo shortly, I've looked to wrap up some business early on before that happens.

Outgoings

At the moment only one player has actually left, but several others will hopefully be on their way out!

Javier Mascherano (£22mil) - You may find this a bit strange, however there is method to the madness and it's the fact that he's more of a DM than a CM and we have Xavi and Iniesta, plus Samper (being retrained to CM) and Sergi Roberto as backup. I also don't like the idea of using him as a CB with already having Pique, Bartra, Vermaelen and Matthieu.

Players For Sale

Claudio Bravo - I feel that if we were unfortunate to have Ter Stegen injured, Masip should be decent enough to pull us through. With that in mind and the fact that Bravo is taking up a huge £82,000 per week from our budget to just sit on the bench, I decided to sell him.

Jeremy Matthieu - This isn't a 100% definite sale, but if my transfer targets pull through, there will be no need to keep this aging player. It will also free up £69,000 per week from our budget, which yet again is a lot for just sitting on the bench.

Ivan Rakitic - Just not needed at all! He will sit on the bench at best and just prevent youngsters from getting game time and is currently earning an insane £165k per week to do so!

Pedro- I've based this purely on trying to bring through youth players and Pedro would just be getting in the way. Couple this with the fact I'm looking to sign an instant replacement at a much younger age, who I believe will be better.

Incoming

Anthony Martial (£10mil upfront, £15mil over 48 months, £5mil after 50 league goals) - The lad has huge potential and I needed a backup to Luis Suarez. I'm just hoping he can live up to the expectations at Barcelona!

Memphis Depay (£12mil upfront, £13mil over 48 months, £2.5mil after 10 Int, £5mil after 50 league goals) - A possible future Balon D'or winner for certain. I've used this lad before in the system I'm looking to use and he stormed it big time! However, it may be a bit of an task, but I'm hoping to train him to play on the right side rather than the left, hopefully he can still have the same impact!

Eder Alvarez Balanta (£8mil - Subject to selling a player to free up transfer funds) - It took some negotiating but we managed to get them down t £8mil! However, there was a snag in negotiations where we had to include a loan back for the season. This means the Matthieu will stay at the club until at least next season, unless we secure another CB.

Abraham Vicente (£1.1mil - Subject to a medical) - Has the potential, but as things stand he has a long way to go, but for £1.1mil I can make him my Barcelona project at very minimal risk! This transfer could see Matthieu leave the club.

Starting Line-up

(GK) Ter Stegen

(LB) Jordi Alba - (CB) Pique - (CB) Bartra - (RB) Daniel Alves

(CM) Xavi - (CM) Iniesta

(AML) Neymar - (AMC) Lionel Messi - (AMR) Memphis Depay

(ST) Luis Suarez[/Code]

My tactical plans have been thrown far out of the window after recent developments! After the following sales...

Ivan Rakitic (£20mil)

Adriano (£10mil)

Claudio Bravo (£14mil)

I was looking for a world class player to join as I look to create a formidable Barcelona team! I was having issues moving Pedro and Busquets out of the team with no bids coming in, even at reduced rates, so I decided to move them on via the part exchange system! I scouted out potential targets, starting with none other than Cristiano Ronaldo, but it seems that was a lost cause. I moved onto Paul Pogba, but the asking price was just too high for us to complete a deal. I thought about bringing in a striker, but decided I was going to stick with a lone striker no matter what and I wanted to develop Martial as well, so there was no need. In the end I chose...

EDEN HAZARD

This creates an insane issue... I now have Neymar and Hazard for the same position... I think the only way to solve this is by making Ter Stegen play as a sweeper keeper (probably the best in the world at this role, so no problems there!), remove a CB (the covering defender) as Ter Stegen will perform the tasks of this position and add in a second AMC. The only issue I have now is striking a balance within the tactical system so that players don't get in each others way.

Starting Line-up

(GK) Ter Stegen

(LB) Jordi Alba - (CB) Pique - (RB) Daniel Alves

(CM) Xavi - (CM) Iniesta

(AML) Eden Hazard - (AMC) Lionel Messi - (AMC) Neymar - (AMR) Memphis Depay

(ST) Luis Suarez[/Code]

You have the front three to die for and you buy another winger/forward :)

Would like to see how this tactic works for you.

I know and I was asking myself all the way through the process why the hell i'm buying him, but I just had to... However, as stupid and insane as this sounds, Luis Suarez will have his work cut out to get into the team when he becomes available because Anthony Martial has scored 3 and assisted 5 in 4 matches in his absence!

I've decided against the big teams I'll revert to the normal tactic and only use the insane one against the easier teams!

Selling Busquets? Man you are a joke :lol: You are worse than our board in real life.

I know he's good, but we just don't need him! I'd rather bring through a youngster and have the legends (Xavi & Iniesta) playing in the middle of the park!

That the whole point of Barca though

A first team squad of maybe 18 and the rest coming from Barca B

If Munir, Traore, Halilovoc ... Maybe even Sandro don't get games then you won't see the improvement that they nearly always show.

Each to their own though mate :) ... Good luck

Going to do a save with them for FM16 and just try not to buy anyone over a certain age - say 18 for the first few years.

Could do the same with Bayern as they have the same history of promoting through the youth ranks.

• 1 month later...
Anyone running a Barca save in Beta?

How have you found it so far?

I did one won the sextuplet in my first season got a few decentish regens in to one of them a 15 year old rb who has already played few games in first team at the end of first season

• 3 weeks later...

Archived