Sell out sports interactive

can still play it in 2f ffs, stop crying. even if if people like the 3d they wont admit just because they have been slating it, me ill try it if i dont like it, ill go back to 2d.

press conference- nice one

transfer rumour extension-nice one

3d engine - nice one (if its decent)

board confidence (squad harmony, club stature sounds cool, will be awesome if they fixed the other bits too)

cant wait.

forgot to add, tactical feedback. niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice one.

but i hate SI for making the announcement so long before release, grrrr. no i have to watch the days slowly roll by. i have that week in novemeber booked off, it was the only week left. fate!

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It´s the same as it was, when they did introduce 2-D. A lot of moaners, everybody declaring, I won't play it, I want my beloved text engine.

So now you can choose between 3-D, 2-D and mybe text. No one has to watch 3-D. No one has to watch tv. Radio ist still on the air.

LOL hahahahahahahahahahaha......don't be so angry because deep dpwn inside you know SI have let you down.:) RED CARD, YOUR'E OFF.

let him down? just because he's not so much of a ****** to start complaining about a **** announcement when the larger part two had blatantly still to come.

SI have catered to everyone with this release, theyve fixed assistant managers, tactics and transfers aswell as adding 3D for those who WANT it.

go find something else to moan about, maybe why your daddy didnt love you.

Looked excellent to me and with an option for either 2d or 3d I think this could be a very exciting move from the SI guys.

How can people make so many negative assumptions based on a small video clip. It's like judging something or a person on a first glimpse without getting to know it or them. Shakes head in disbelief.

Anyway I for one am excited by this new addition and hope that it lives up to it's potential re gameplay.

Onward and upward SI...

I agree with you totally mate.

For those who wanted 3D in order to analyse the game better you WILL be disappointed. Fouls, headers, penalties, everything will be the same as the 2D match graphics - generic. Unless every player has been individually coded you simply cannot get the detail you want.

However, I'm all for a game looking good, especially as it sounds like the majority of problems have been looked at from 08. I'll play the 3D and as long as it's smooth and doesn't slow the game down I'll stick with it.

My personal favourite feature announcement was the widgets thingy. I like to be able to look at MY tactics, opposition tactics, and game stats, and now I can. Or will be able to.

I got goose bumps.

First things first, thank you to the MODS for not deleting/closing this post....

But anyway, what an extraordinary move by SI. I mean, top marks for not listening to a majority of your fans and selling out your game to the point it will become another CM or FIFA Manager...

JohnK, and all the others whinging becuase I dare speak out against SI, I am entitled to my opinion on this forum, or any other, am I not?

We asked for improved transfer systems, little tweaks here and there....not a whole new dimension to the lovable 2-D, DOT infested pitch.......even if we can opt out of the ugly looking, mis-representation they call the 3-D engine (because without having each and every player on the DB picture perfect, thats what it will be), FM will never be the same again.....

....and what a DULL announcment! Anti-climax is the word for it, I believe.

THE FM I LOVED DIED ON THE 3rd OF SEPTEMBER 2008.:(

Sorry but your name is what you are as you know.

3D is optional so you can have 2D..no problem there.

I have voiced my opinion against SI in the past and not affriad to it, i have said the release date to me is late and IMO is down to FML (just to prove to you im not all for SI)

BUT

I cant fault video 2 it gave me what i wanted to see and hear so :thup: from me for SI on the game front :thup:

Just waiting for the next bunch of polls:

"Will the 3D match engine be any good?"

"Who thinks SI should bring the release date forward?"

And the inevitable tirade of the question: "When is the demo coming out?" Yeah, a few weeks before the game, according to Miles. Am glad I have a 2 week holiday coming up in September -- might help pass the time.

It is a valid point that we MAY need to have a slightly high end PC to play the game but thats the way most games are going now.

I wonder did games like Rainbow 6 Vegas get slated for having such detailed graphics?? Why should FM remain in the dark ages? If any team or business gets complacent and just sits back on past glory it will get overtaken by a more hungry competitor fairly sharpish. No manager game has ever/will come remotely close to this game because it constantly evolves.

Moaner - your entitled to your opinion but I can't help but think your a bit of an idiot. I'm no kiss a*** by any means but I think your way off the mark.

Anyways, since 'your love' has died, I guess you wont be posting on these forums again.

Cheerio!

like the new feature, other than a couple of moments of showing it around 6:30 of the video, there was nothing of any value in the video as it wasn't about fm2009, which means I just wasted 7 minutes watching a pointless attempt at self promotion by SI.

I don't get all this ****ing whining. The second announcement video was lovely news for me. I'll definitely be buying FM2009, absolutely no doubt. It looks great! I haven't decided if I'm going to use the 3D engine, but all the rest of the improvements by far make it worth it anyway.

Initially I didn't want a 3D match engine and to be honest I'm still a little bit sceptical as to how it's going to turn out, but I'm sure SI wouldn't be including it unless it was up to scratch.

The time bar idea looks good and the fact you can have different camera angles but I'm just a bit wary about the amount of detail that can be portrayed in a 3D football management game going on past examples!

Can't wait to give it a go though and if it's not as good as we hope I'll just play it in 2D.

Overall a little bit underwhelming but we're all going to buy it anyway!

First things first, thank you to the MODS for not deleting/closing this post....

But anyway, what an extraordinary move by SI. I mean, top marks for not listening to a majority of your fans and selling out your game to the point it will become another CM or FIFA Manager...

JohnK, and all the others whinging becuase I dare speak out against SI, I am entitled to my opinion on this forum, or any other, am I not?

We asked for improved transfer systems, little tweaks here and there....not a whole new dimension to the lovable 2-D, DOT infested pitch.......even if we can opt out of the ugly looking, mis-representation they call the 3-D engine (because without having each and every player on the DB picture perfect, thats what it will be), FM will never be the same again.....

I know you can still play 2-D but thats not the point, the point is...

1) SI has demonstrated it refuses to take onboard feedback from US, the fans and

2) If you want to give your money to a firm who wants to SELL,SELL,SELL rather then look after its existing customers then thats fine by you, but I won't be that mug!

....and what a DULL announcment! Anti-climax is the word for it, I believe.

THE FM I LOVED DIED ON THE 3rd OF SEPTEMBER 2008.:(

Then leave the forum.

The 3D match engine looks mint !

And they even said that it's only 50% done

So it's goin to look even better thn it did on YouTube

And whats every1 moaning for? the man on the video said theres 2D and 3D so there's something for everyone <--- His actual words !

So if I purchase fm09 part of my pc memory is going to be taken up with different sentences for women managers.

I thought it was meant to be realistic.

Everything else looks tiptop ( especially like the press conferences and rumour centre ).

However I hope the female file is as easily deletable as the fake.inc file.

What a ridiculous idea. If women cared that mush there would be a womens soccer manager out there but the proof is in the pudding. Catering for about 2% of ur customers takes up some ( no matter how small ) memory and is ridiculous.

Can you imagine a women manager controlling 25 men. Imagine if Real Madrid were managed by a women -

" I wanna sell RVN cos he made me cry " and selling Casillas to Cheltenham town cos he didnt iron his own shirt.

And if there was a bug...................in a 30 season save suddenly you are being referred to as a woman and your known as Mrs Mike Smith. Itd get on ur nerves wouldnt it. Women and football dont mix.

As long as their is an option to remove it completely from the game ( I know its poss to delete some text from fm08 ) we can sleep a little easier.

Anyway apart from that looks ace.

Ah, I love these boards.

"We must have innovation!"

"We can't have change!"

"We must have innovation!"

"We can't have change!"

"I hate 3D!"

"Then don't play it."

"I hate you playing 3D!"

look at the survey results pal, the majority said NO to 3-D and SI do it anyway.....as I say, total disregard for what the existing fans wanted and all the greed in catching the eye of the potential customers.

we asked for small detailed changes. any user who regulaly posts on this forum would know that, but they have overthrown the loveable FM and now dawns the era of the sellout FM.

I have never personally seen the need to move to 3D, but to get irrate over it when it is optional seems a little bit stupid. Why not try it before you decide whether or not you like it? If you don't like it, or your computer can't handle it, just move back to the dots. Thats what I'll be doing.

In the business world, they call that "marketing". Rarely do business plans include secret products. It's not so soulless.
Another good business model.

what SI have done is a bit like when banks use thier "applies to new-customers only" promotions and no-one seems to like that, do they?:thdn:

look at the survey results pal, the majority said NO to 3-D and SI do it anyway.....as I say, total disregard for what the existing fans wanted and all the greed in catching the eye of the potential customers.

we asked for small detailed changes. any user who regulaly posts on this forum would know that, but they have overthrown the loveable FM and now dawns the era of the sellout FM.

please dont act like you talk for me, or anyone else who players FM, because you dont.

look at the survey results pal, the majority said NO to 3-D and SI do it anyway...

A 2D/3D option sounds to me like they've covered 100% of those survey answers. I appreciate SI giving options to users. That often makes for a stronger, broadly-appealing product.

Moaner - Whats wrong with SI trying to cater for all eh? You can still play the way you did before if you hate 3d so much. But maybe wait until you actually play it and judge then. You'd be follish to judge something before even seeing it yourself imo. By all means if you still dislike it after playing it fair enough.

But they've not ignored people, they've done the opposite and trying to make it a game to suit everyone and not just you.

what SI have done is a bit like when banks use thier "applies to new-customers only" promotions and no-one seems to like that, do they?

From these posts, it sounds like some like the new features, some don't. It would be a mischaracterization to say that there is one group opinion or another.

1) SI has demonstrated it refuses to take onboard feedback from US, the fans and

More media interaction, press conferences, AM to give tactical feedback, overhaul of the transfer system, confidence system.

Seems like SI listened to alot of our concerns over the last 12 months.

are some people on this forum really this stupid?. By adding a 3D match engine SI have catered for those who wants it, By leaving 2D match engine in aswell they cater for the people who want things left the way they are. Now for any remotely sensible person it would seem that SI have done something almost impossible to do and managed to please absolutely everyone who plays the game, but oh no....not on this forum, because some people who play FM are apparently brain dead. How you can be criticised for catering to everyones needs is beyond me.

So if I purchase fm09 part of my pc memory is going to be taken up with different sentences for women managers.

I thought it was meant to be realistic.

Everything else looks tiptop ( especially like the press conferences and rumour centre ).

However I hope the female file is as easily deletable as the fake.inc file.

What a ridiculous idea. If women cared that mush there would be a womens soccer manager out there but the proof is in the pudding. Catering for about 2% of ur customers takes up some ( no matter how small ) memory and is ridiculous.

Can you imagine a women manager controlling 25 men. Imagine if Real Madrid were managed by a women -

" I wanna sell RVN cos he made me cry " and selling Casillas to Cheltenham town cos he didnt iron his own shirt.

And if there was a bug...................in a 30 season save suddenly you are being referred to as a woman and your known as Mrs Mike Smith. Itd get on ur nerves wouldnt it. Women and football dont mix.

As long as their is an option to remove it completely from the game ( I know its poss to delete some text from fm08 ) we can sleep a little easier.

Anyway apart from that looks ace.

Says who ?

what SI have done is a bit like when banks use thier "applies to new-customers only" promotions and no-one seems to like that, do they?:thdn:

Is it not a good idea to try and attract new customers then? SI aren't neglecting their legion of loyal fans, they are just trying to draw even more customers, and at the same time, keeping the current fan base happy. For people like me and you, who aren't too keen on the idea of 3D, then we can still use the 2D engine. Whats the problem there then?

More media interaction, press conferences, AM to give tactical feedback, overhaul of the transfer system, confidence system.

Seems like SI listened to alot of our concerns over the last 12 months.

so the poll is lying? we did want 3-d? is that what you are saying?

Archived