Sell out sports interactive

Haven't read the whole thread but....

Majority? So you've got numbers then, have you? Did you conduct a survey? Or are you making things up?

Right there you made it ovious you havent read the whole thread, you seemed to have missed the poll which was posted (which indicated that 62% were against the idea of 3-D, so YES I DO HAVE FIGURES

Erm, now you're just making yourself look silly. Miles says in the video that they've completely rewritten the whole transfer module. WTF more could you want?

I never claimed SI hadn't improved the transfer module and if you read my posts I congratulate them for doing so, I was making a point that little things like these was what was predominantly in demand

What's the problem if you can turn it off?

Again as previously stated, no BIG prolem with the 3-D itself, more so with SI's decision to implement it after big opposistion from the fans

No, it is.

What? What feedback? Have you found this survey yet? Can you send me a link to it? Personally I've wanted a 3-d engine (Properly realised, of course) for years. Now the technology is here so I'm delighted. There's still an option to turn it off, so just turn it off. No problem.

I have been a regular poster on this forum ever since the "3-D or No 3-D" debate begun and as I once agin have already stated, the MAJORITY (thats "most people") were against SI

Couldn't disagree more. I'm really excited about the possibility of playing FM09 now, and genuinely can't wait to play it.

Mark my words, FM2009 will not be bug-free or perfect (as SI themselves claimed in the video)

Blah blah blah blah blah.And yes "blah,blah,blah....

:thup: TOP BOMBING:cool:

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTH?

What's so wrong with including a 3D match viewer (the engine is the same, don't confuse things)?

I mean, it's perfect in every way - people who complain FM is behind competition because it lacks a 3D viewer will have it now, and people who complain 2D beats 3D every day will STILL have the 2D.

So I really don't understand what's wrong with this GREAT news.

Didnt 60% of the fans also say that once the technology was sufficiently sophisticated enough they would welcome a 3D match engine or do we selectively ignore this? 3 years of work yet we have not touched the game ourselves and are making conclusions already. Wow. Brilliant.

:thup: TOP BOMBING:cool:

why cant you get it through your head that a poll on a forum does not constitute the majority. Not everyone on this forum would have voted on the poll, infact at most a hundred or so probably did. Even if they did all vote FM sold over 1 million copies of FM worldwide, a very small percentage of those people come onto this forum.

again even if your poll did actually mean something, the second poll said that the majority (thats most people) would be in favour of 3D when the technology is right, and seeing as they've been working on it for 3 years it would seem the technology is right.

Failing your brain capacity to acknowledge this i will say again as simply as possible. By giving the people who didn't want 3D what they want and by giving the people who did want 3D what they want they have given absolutely everyone exactly what they wanted, how you can find a negative in that is astonishing.

I don't really want to, but I'm going to stick my neck in here to share my opinion.

Fair enough the majority of people, at the time of writing, 57% are looking forward to it now, compared to a measly 4.41% in the recent poll. Now if you ask me, that is a massive turn around since the 62% who didn't want it. Yeah, some don't care and some are reserving judgement (including me), but I think SI have made a big gamble, a huge one at that, and by the looks of the recent poll, and comments, that gamble has payed off for now.

However I sort of understand what you are saying, but saying SI are not listening is totally wrong. They do read the forums, you can tell that, Miles admitted it on the video. Many have said it before, and I will say it again. They've improved the transfer system, they've improved board confidence and so on. And included a few nice touches as well.

I think that the 3D part is just useless, how is it going to make a management game better ?

Shame that they wasted money & time "developing" this rather pointless feature.

I don't want to offend anyone here, but, really - only FIFA Manager fanboys like that 3D crap.

I don't really want to' date=' but I'm going to stick my neck in here to share my opinion.

Fair enough the majority of people, at the time of writing, 57% are looking forward to it now, compared to a measly 4.41% in the recent poll. Now if you ask me, that is a massive turn around since the 62% who didn't want it. Yeah, some don't care and some are reserving judgement (including me), but I think SI have made a big gamble, a huge one at that, and by the looks of the recent poll, and comments, that gamble has payed off for now.

However I sort of understand what you are saying, but saying SI are not listening is totally wrong. They do read the forums, you can tell that, Miles admitted it on the video. Many have said it before, and I will say it again. They've improved the transfer system, they've improved board confidence and so on. And included a few nice touches as well.[/quote']

IMHO i dont think it is a huge gamble, 3D is an option, if you want 2D use 2D...simple!

Originally posted by Moaner:

Right there you made it ovious you havent read the whole thread, you seemed to have missed the poll which was posted (which indicated that 62% were against the idea of 3-D, so YES I DO HAVE FIGURES

3 points here:

1) If you read the whole thread yourself, you'd see I'd already corrected myself ref the figures. So neither of us can read today, eh?

2) You've selectively chosen to ignore the figures that said 59% would be in favour if the technology was here. Why do you think the technology ISN'T here?

3) The poll here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=42852 has only 10 out of 222 people against the 3D engine at this point (With some reserving judgement). That's less than 5%. I'd say that's pretty conclusive.

why cant you get it through your head that a poll on a forum does not constitute the majority. Not everyone on this forum would have voted on the poll, infact at most a hundred or so probably did.

but it is a fair representation of FM-players, is it not?

I am not sure if you are familiar with sampling techniques and the like- which give surveyors a fair representation of the general opinion of the participents on the given subject (in this case FM's use of 3-D).

this almost certainly means that the poll on the forum does in-fact "constitute the majority".

At first, before the videos were released I didnt want 3D. But now I do, I think it will give a 'new' look to the game and quite frankly thats what I want when I upgrade from game to game every year, its something different and if I cant get used to it I can go back to 2D.

Fb.

I am not sure if you are familiar with sampling techniques and the like- which give surveyors a fair representation of the general opinion of the participents on the given subject (in this case FM's use of 3-D).

this almost certainly means that the poll on the forum does in-fact "constitute the majority".

So if in a poll 90% of the users say they want Miles to jump off a bridge, he should do it?

C'mon...

But your still ignoring the second poll!!!

I am familiar with sampling techniques, and not one was applied to the poll conducted on here, so you're barking up the wrong tree with that one.

I don't think polls on this forum are a fair sampling technique. Those who are on the forums are obviously pretty serious gamers: ones who understand the limitations of the software and hardware, thus ones who worry about the introduction of a 3D engine due to its potential lack of accuracy. Those who don't understand that and worry about that aren't on the forums, and there are a vast majority of FM customers who aren't on the forums. By sampling from these forums you are including an unfair proportion of those quizzed up on potential bugs with a 3D engine, where the proportion globally is much less.

SI do their own sampling and surveys, including usability surveys, with which they work hard to get their sampling right, and much more accurate than a poll on these forums can do so.

So why isn't this poll http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=42852 a fair representation of FM players then?

No...it doesn't. Asking 100 people out of 1 million does not constitute a majority. And yet again you ignore the 2nd poll because you know that proves you wrong. You can be as stubborn as you like but your refusal to acknowledge the results of the 2nd poll you hold so dearly just makes you come accross as a small minded idiot who's only aim on here is to try and annoy people.

If you did a poll now asking ' would you be in favour of a 3D match engine now the technology is here which would be optional if you didnt like it? ' then the answer would be a resounding yes and you know it, with 0.000001% saying no, and that im afraid...would be you.

Moaner - Are you aware that you can still play in 2D????

You seem not to have acknowledged this, thus far!

You also seem to have ignored the feature you wanted, above all others - an improved transfer system ...

"We asked for improved transfer systems" - Got it.

"little tweaks here and there" ... Sorted.

And your beloved 2D is still there! What's the problem??

3 points here:

1) If you read the whole thread yourself, you'd see I'd already corrected myself ref the figures. So neither of us can read today, eh?

2) You've selectively chosen to ignore the figures that said 59% would be in favour if the technology was here. Why do you think the technology ISN'T here?

3) The poll here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=42852 has only 10 out of 222 people against the 3D engine at this point (With some reserving judgement). That's less than 5%. I'd say that's pretty conclusive.

It's rather sad that he continues to ignore these things and continue to be what his name implies.

Moaner - Are you aware that you can still play in 2D????

You seem not to have acknowledged this, thus far!

You also seem to have ignored the feature you wanted, above all others - an improved transfer system ...

"We asked for improved transfer systems" - Got it.

"little tweaks here and there" ... Sorted.

And your beloved 2D is still there! What's the problem??

To be fair to him Andy he did acknowledge it

Could people stop the fecking moaning untill they give it a go. You can't complain about SI not listening to their customers, when all you do is be judgemental. If you've like FM in the past as much as I have, then you'll give them some credit and be patient. When a demo hits the streets, give it a go. If you don't like it, simply don't buy it.

Ungrateful **** jobs

So if in a poll 90% of the users say they want Miles to jump off a bridge, he should do it?

C'mon...

wow, you are acting as if you are below-average to low intellegence tonight arn't you?

A poll i read the other day said the majority wanted Gordon Brown to resign but he didn't instantly pack his bags and run out of Downing Street after reading it?

Polls show the participents opinions, not whats good and bad, right or wrong. So if a poll concludes the majority of those who answered said Miles should jump of a bridge then we can assume there are more people wanting him to jump off then there are people who DON'T want him to jump. The results of a poll are not the penultimate, over-ruling factor but do represent the general vibe in the topic area and so can often contribute to the final outcome of the said matter. If Miles reads that 90% want him tp jump he mihgt think, "9 out of 10 people hate me, I'm gonna jump" or he might say "Even though 90 out of 100 people hate me, screw them, I make my own decisions" (like SI have said "screw them, we'll make our own dedisions)........see how it works now mate?

And who is Miles?

I've seen nothing to indicate that. Birth dates are different, obviously not the same person. Just because they may both annoy you does not mean they are an alias account.

what is one of those (whatever he just said I was?)....an unreal god alias?

One thing that have not said let which i may have missed so please point it out to me if I am wrong anyway they have not said anything about plyer interaction

they were too busy developing 3-D match engines mate SORRY!! better luck in the 2010 edition though eh?!:p:p

wow, you are acting as if you are below-average to low intellegence tonight arn't you?

A poll i read the other day said the majority wanted Gordon Brown to resign but he didn't instantly pack his bags and run out of Downing Street after reading it?

Polls show the participents opinions, not whats good and bad, right or wrong. So if a poll concludes the majority of those who answered said Miles should jump of a bridge then we can assume there are more people wanting him to jump off then there are people who DON'T want him to jump. The results of a poll are not the penultimate, over-ruling factor but do represent the general vibe in the topic area and so can often contribute to the final outcome of the said matter. If Miles reads that 90% want him tp jump he mihgt think, "9 out of 10 people hate me, I'm gonna jump" or he might say "Even though 90 out of 100 people hate me, screw them, I make my own decisions" (like SI have said "screw them, we'll make our own dedisions)........see how it works now mate?

And who is Miles?

No, that means that, despite 90% wanting SI NOT to REPLACE something, SI went ahead and added BOTH options to the game, therefore pleasing both the ones who don't want the 3D, and the ones that do.

I'm not going even to reply to your childish arguments about my intelligence level.

Miles is the nice fellow on the FM09 video.

And who is Miles?

So how do you respond to the 2 points I posted before then?

And who is Miles?

so you're now saying its okay not to listen to polls? If its good enough for the Prime Minister then its good enough for Miles.

OH and since they have been working on it for 3 years i doubt they're going to give up years of time, energy and resources because of an online poll.

complaint dismissed, topic closed.

But you're missing the big point in this, which is that SI made their decision months before any poll.

im fairly sure they could of halted the 3-D match engine project almost instantly on seeing the poll results though? And the anti-3D element has been apparent for months anyhow.

As someone who has been beta testing FML since it was released. The 2d match engine has been massively improved anyway. So I really don't see why people are complaining. If you don't like the feature. Don't use it.

So how do you respond to the 2 points I posted before then?

To be honest Cliff he has been ignoring your first point all through this thread, im starting to think he has started this thread to wind the forum users up and its probably time to close the thread as its not constructive anymore IMHO

so you're now saying its okay not to listen to polls? If its good enough for the Prime Minister then its good enough for Miles.

complaint dismissed, topic closed.

LOL! and look at how many people hate the primeminister!? i'd suggest this topic is far from closed (at least for the duration we are entitled to free speech anyhow)

To be honest Cliffhe has been ignoring your first point all through this thread, im starting to think he has started this thread to wind the forum users up and its probably time to close the thread as its not constructive anymore IMHO

i'm not sure if you have noticed the other 150 or so questions/swipes that have been made in my dirrection. its quite a heavy workload. i'll have to hire a PA and start arranging interview times soon!.....now what was the question/comment?

LOL! and look at how many people hate the primeminister!? i'd suggest this topic is far from closed (at least for the duration we are entitled to free speech anyhow)

Just because they hate him, why should he listen? that was your argument.

so people should listen to polls if they're liked but not if theyre hated?. you cant have it both ways, either polls are gospel and should be listened to by everyone or by no one because they mean absolutely nothing.

Archived