Match 31: South Korea vs Algeria, 8 p.m. BST

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not many watching this then?

Actually been a decent game tbf. I like Algeria, they are an interesting side. They seem solid defensively. Maybe a bit lacking offensively but they are trying, at least. They're not sitting back.

Feghouli, Bentaleb and Bougherra are the only Algerian players I know tbh but they are all good players :thup:

1-0! \o/

Just had a look at the Algeria squad (was mishearing the goalscorer as Sulejmani who I was sure was Serbian :lol:) and I actually recognise a few of their players - Taider, Brahimi, Yebda, Ghilas, Ghoulam... just didn't know these guys were Algerian/at the WC. I am sure Brahimi played for the French U21s - he is a very good player imo. Was brilliant at Rennes, anyway.

Just had a look at the Algeria squad (was mishearing the goalscorer as Sulejmani who I was sure was Serbian :lol:) and I actually recognise a few of their players - Taider, Brahimi, Yebda, Ghilas, Ghoulam... just didn't know these guys were Algerian/at the WC. I am sure Brahimi played for the French U21s - he is a very good player imo. Was brilliant at Rennes, anyway.

Yeah they do have lots of players that should be fairly well known.

Someone on Twitter the other day was trying to tell me Algeria are **** - happy to see they're proving me right :D

Yeah, one of my mates was slating me last week for saying Algeria would get 2nd in this group. Told me they'd not even score (egg on his face when they took the lead v Belgium :D) and their best hope of a point was a draw against South Korea but even that was unlikely. :lol:

Archived