Vanishing Spray

This has worked well to prevent enroaching. :thup: And the referee seems comfortable to run with it.

I'm not skeptical anymore.

What is the chemicals used?

I've been watching leagues where this has been used for a decent amount of time (MLS has been using it for a season I think), it's a good thing and prevents players on the wall from cheating.

I've been watching leagues where this has been used for a decent amount of time (MLS has been using it for a season I think), it's a good thing and prevents players on the wall from cheating.

This is our fourth season with it, actually.

But this spray it's not the same. This version was made in Argentina and used for first time in 2008 in a Nacional B match.

The idea and the purpose are the same even if the chemical features might be different.

But this spray it's not the same. This version was made in Argentina and used for first time in 2008 in a Nacional B match.

Of course it's not the same spray but it is the same idea and principle.

The original spray was invented and patented by a Brazilian ex-referee but he refused to share the patent and give FIFA a free licence to make and sell the spray so they refused to allow it to be used outside Brazil.

I am pleasantly surprised the players actually didn't still try to be gits and inch over the line

I am waiting for the ref to spray it and players be bickering so much about something or other it starts wearing off before the free kick is taken

• 2 weeks later...
I assume everybody knows what this is & that it'll be used at the World Cup right?

Am looking forward to it's use tbh, hopefully will cut out all of the nonsense that goes on with encroaching by both sides during free kicks.

Sooner it comes into English football the better.

This.

It has worked very well in other leagues before, and now in the World Cup. About time it comes to the PL too, since players are idiots on freekicks all the time.

Agreed with it re: the PL.

Maybe not this season because it's very near the season and i'm not sure if they can make it happen with such short notice but if we get it before 15-16 it'd be great. It's worked very well and there's no reason for the PL to not adopt it.

need to study the long term effects on pitches, environmental issues, as well as possible damaging effects on players, refs, fans

and if that's all cleared refs need a formal training and degree

need to study the long term effects on pitches, environmental issues, as well as possible damaging effects on players, refs, fans

and if that's all cleared refs need a formal training and degree

Sod that, just use whipped cream - no reason why it has to be disappearing and you know, hungry players.

Everything Razzler has already said to this :D

You know what the FA is like.

I know exactly what it entails - give each ref a holster and some spray and tell them where and when to spray. But the FA take ages to implement everything. There's only 7 weeks til the season starts (:cool:) and I would not be surprised if we didn't see the spray this season.

Archived