"Doom of Men" - "Field of Bones" - "Breaker of Chains"..... My final tactics set for FM14.3 !!

Having just put the missus and the baby to bed, I can get on with some serious playing!

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag7/danarlow90/CristianSperoni_OverviewProfile_zps57fb142f.png Cristian Speroni AM© - new signing on a free, couldnt really say no.

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag7/danarlow90/BernardoFerreira_OverviewProfile_zps5c00da93.png Bernardo Ferreira AM(L/C) - Star left winger, retrained to AM© to accomodate Robinson in a 4-2-3-1 formation I was trialling last season

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag7/danarlow90/AlastairRobinson_OverviewProfile_zpsd687b2ba.png Alastair Robinson AM(L) - Very solid consistant winger. Bags goals

Im wondering what to do with these three players atm. Iwas thinking of retraining BF to the CM(A) role, leaving CS as the SS role. But that leaves AR as abit of a spare part. His tackling isnt really good enough to play as the CWB. Id rather not get rid if I didnt have to but Im struggling to fit him into the system.

What do you guys think??

EDIT: Just got offered a new CM who is amazing for my current CWBL. Maybe playing BF as the CWBL?

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of the most shocking results i've got since playing the series:

ScreenShot2014-03-28at114609PM.png

Yes, i am playing Rapid, that 2 years before was in the second league. Took advantage of the sent off player, however Cardoso is worth more than my whole club.

Thank you for sharing your work with us.

PS: Alexandru Ionita 2 is doing great in the SS post.

Re going down to 10 men.

If leading - Remove Shadow Striker

If losing - DOM remove Centre Back - FOB remove CM/s

If drawing and happy with draw remove SS.

If drawing and still want to win follow losing guidelines.

Think I'll be going down the Powerhouse / Artisan route for my strike partnership.

I have 2 pretty average players for these but my DLF had 12 goals in 8 games including back to back premier league hatricks and my SS is linking play superbly and has 2 goals and 6 assists in 10 games despite having 0% familiarity with AMC role.

Once I get genuine quality in these roles it should be awesome.

What do you do for team talks rosler?

its pretty complex and is dependant heavily on current form/morale etc.

I'm as tough as i can get away with.

With Chelsea I was assertive 'expect wins' pretty much all the time. AT half time drawing "not happy", winning by 1 goal "not happy", winning 2+ goals "happy"

With Palace/Tonbridge when big underdog 'no pressure' type talks, but would still give them a rocket at half time.

After match pretty much praised every win even if only 1-0, 'explode' if lost unless palace/tonbridge and big underdog when would try to keep morale high with 'good effort' type talks...... unless they were really bad!

Managed to win the Skrill Premier at the first ask of trying. Had a tough fight with Newport over the last 10 games and I dropped points in about 6 of those however managed to win by 9 points which was a good effort.

predominately used the underdog tactic for the final half of the season and fairly happy with what I saw.

Into League Two now, in the first 12 games (including 4 friendlies, and 2 cup games) i managed 5 points and thought i was in for a very tough time. Now after 15 games in the actual league i am sitting 3rd, 3 points off Rochdale in first! Been using DOM all this season and hoping it can push me to a 3rd consecutive promotion

Just had a great result! Playing Chlemsford in the FA Cup first round, went behind after 24min using FOB, kept with it until just after half time, then had my anchorman sent off after 68min. Switched it up to the overload tactic, dropping the support CM in to the anchorman role, pushing the 2 wing backs to wingers on 80min. One scored after 87min and I returned to the two CWB and scored in the 90th min! Amazing result!

Having just put the missus and the baby to bed, I can get on with some serious playing!

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag7/danarlow90/CristianSperoni_OverviewProfile_zps57fb142f.png Cristian Speroni AM© - new signing on a free, couldnt really say no.

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag7/danarlow90/BernardoFerreira_OverviewProfile_zps5c00da93.png Bernardo Ferreira AM(L/C) - Star left winger, retrained to AM© to accomodate Robinson in a 4-2-3-1 formation I was trialling last season

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag7/danarlow90/AlastairRobinson_OverviewProfile_zpsd687b2ba.png Alastair Robinson AM(L) - Very solid consistant winger. Bags goals

Im wondering what to do with these three players atm. Iwas thinking of retraining BF to the CM(A) role, leaving CS as the SS role. But that leaves AR as abit of a spare part. His tackling isnt really good enough to play as the CWB. Id rather not get rid if I didnt have to but Im struggling to fit him into the system.

What do you guys think??

EDIT: Just got offered a new CM who is amazing for my current CWBL. Maybe playing BF as the CWBL?

CS is born to play the SS role and looks to be the best player for the AMC slot able to play both Artisan and Deep Poacher roles. As for BF I honestly would retrain him in the CWBR position since his tackling/positioning is kinda lacking. He is best suited for the Auxiliary Forward CWB role, great stats for that role. AR I would leave at Powerhouse striker role as his stats seems to fit that best. CS+AR strike partnership should be pretty good.

Edit: In hindsight BF also can do very well in the SS role as his SS stats are pretty similar to CS's but that 17 crossing feels like a waste in the AMC position. CS can also be played in the CWBR Auxiliary Forward role as well although his stats for that position arent as good as BF's. BF's stamina and natural fitness is also better then CS so he wont get as tired as quickly if he plays CWB compared to CS since the CWB run around a ton.

Don't suppose you can do a post on GK's could you Mr Rosler kind sir? :D
This was from Mr. R's Rainmaker 2 / Silk & Steel 2 thread:

Goalkeeper

Last line of defence

Job Description; Strong social skills are not required for this position, loners welcome. You will however be physically tall with excellent reflexes and the ability to concentrate for long periods of time before being called into action at a moments notice. You will also be required to organise your team mates well in defensive situations.

Key Attribute: Aerial Ability

Other Attributes; Reflexes, Command of Area, One on Ones

I wouldn't disagree with those attributes.

If you agree with stg34tx are you going to add it to the OP and possibly supply an alternative like you have for the other positions/roles

If you agree with stg34tx are you going to add it to the OP and possibly supply an alternative like you have for the other positions/roles

I suppose I should really.

Not sure we need a 2 nd GK build but will think about it, Dont want to do a second build for the sake of it.

Having tried all of your tactics thoroughly (bar maybe one), including this set, i have to say i feel you didn't give The Quickening Balanced 'a' enough attention. Imo it is better than any of these tactics, although i have to say FOB really does have a few pros. One being its defence. However when it comes to attack you sure enough get off a lot of shots but i've not been scoring half as much. It might just be me, and i am in now way having a go, i more than appreciate what you have done, however i feel you missed a trick on moving on too soon so you could use wingbacks. The Quickening has something special about it and i am going to endeavour myself to make it even better than it already is. I think you, as the creator, should do your creation justice and give it full attention as it really is a diamond already half polished out of the rough.

Having tried all of your tactics thoroughly (bar maybe one), including this set, i have to say i feel you didn't give The Quickening Balanced 'a' enough attention. Imo it is better than any of these tactics, although i have to say FOB really does have a few pros. One being its defence. However when it comes to attack you sure enough get off a lot of shots but i've not been scoring half as much. It might just be me, and i am in now way having a go, i more than appreciate what you have done, however i feel you missed a trick on moving on too soon so you could use wingbacks. The Quickening has something special about it and i am going to endeavour myself to make it even better than it already is. I think you, as the creator, should do your creation justice and give it full attention as it really is a diamond already half polished out of the rough.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm going to put all my viable 14.3 tactics into 1 thread, Anything that isn't already available in a favorite/underdog format will be.

So you will in fact get 2 polished diamonds. Quickening Favourite and Underdog. ;-)

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm going to put all my viable 14.3 tactics into 1 thread, Anything that isn't already available in a favorite/underdog format will be.

So you will in fact get 2 polished diamonds. Quickening Favourite and Underdog. ;-)

I haven't used any of your previous tactics/sets so not sure if this is possible but....why don't you combine the attacking prowess of The Quickening with the defensive stability of FOB?

I'm sure if it was achievable it surely would produce something really magical.

I haven't used any of your previous tactics/sets so not sure if this is possible but....why don't you combine the attacking prowess of The Quickening with the defensive stability of FOB?

I'm sure if it was achievable it surely would produce something really magical.

They wouldn't 'fit'.

They share the same DNA anyway, the quickening became the tube which became DOM/FOB.

I'm personally scoring plenty with DOM/FOB.

Those who like wingers can opt for the quickening set when it's up,

Results wise you should have success with any of these tactics once you've built a team around it.

Some random thoughts.... I noticed that FOB and DOM are kind of like the tactics juventus uses in real life xD the 3 CB's the aggresive wingbacks, the creator in midfield and the attacking duo

does anyone else think the same? its quite cool to have tactics in FM that are like real football tactics although I despise Juventus! :p

Some random thoughts.... I noticed that FOB and DOM are kind of like the tactics juventus uses in real life xD the 3 CB's the aggresive wingbacks, the creator in midfield and the attacking duo

does anyone else think the same? its quite cool to have tactics in FM that are like real football tactics although I despise Juventus! :p

If it does resemble Juve its purely accidental ;-)

What match prep do you use Uwe?

Giving this a go with my Leo Parrilla side in Gibraltar.:rolleyes:

Once fluid, attacking movement.

Not upto scratch on football on Gibraltar but unless your team is full of top players I'd start most games with DOM.

Once fluid, attacking movement.

Not upto scratch on football on Gibraltar but unless your team is full of top players I'd start most games with DOM.

Neither am i but in my third season.

Started Unemployed:-

First Season - Promoted as champions from second tier

Second Season - Finished 2nd in Premiership (Form died towards end of season and had no natural wingbacks

Third Season - Currently 2nd played 4 won 4.

Due to being amateur i've never had it fluid & finally got some half decent wing backs.

Two horse race this year between me & Lincoln (Gib).

Been using DOM when not favourite & Fob when favourite this season & yet to lose in my opening four games.

Mr. Rosler, I think Pulis has been following this thread. What a result against Chelsea today. I'm in la la land!

Unreal, I work down the road from Selhurst, know a few Palace fans... A few Chelsea as well.

As a city fan, it suits me fine!

so i have finished my season with arsenal and finished second 1 point behind man u (media prediction 4th), didn't do anything in the cups or europe.

need to buy some players to fit the tactic, depth more than anything. Any suggestions welcome for example someone to complement giroud = technician

Just to confirm it was Mr. Rosler who came up with those attributes, not me. I just pulled them from the other thread. :)

Not sure why, but over the past few years of FM, any tactic with wingbacks does horrendous for me. Just got fired after 12 straight losses. I had 1 goal in those 12 games and 34 against. Funny enough, my one goal wasn't even by my own player; it was an own goal by the other team.

It's not just this tactic; it's any with wingbacks. I think I just don't understand this role well enough to use it effectively. Glad it's working for other players!

Just to confirm it was Mr. Rosler who came up with those attributes, not me. I just pulled them from the other thread. :)

Ah ok, there's so many threads/posts knocking around for Mr. Rosler's works of art that I couldn't be arsed to trawl through to find the info I wanted.

Have used them and found a very suitable understudy GK that I will hopefully be able to mentor to greatness :D

Not sure why, but over the past few years of FM, any tactic with wingbacks does horrendous for me. Just got fired after 12 straight losses. I had 1 goal in those 12 games and 34 against. Funny enough, my one goal wasn't even by my own player; it was an own goal by the other team.

It's not just this tactic; it's any with wingbacks. I think I just don't understand this role well enough to use it effectively. Glad it's working for other players!

Very odd that your having those results with this tactic, seeing as most are at least achieving there seasonal goals.

Could you post up some details of your team with some screenshots? Hopefully Mr. Rosler and the rest of may be able to help turn things around for you

Does the overload tactic actually work for anyone? I've never come back having gone down.

Better off staying as the favourite.

Worked for me in about 3 or 4 games you can visibly see the tempo being upped and the attacking intent from 70 mins it goes on if im drawing or losing.

Thanks for the feedback.

Oh man, i'm actually excited to see how you polish off The Quickening, all the ways i've tried so far might get me a few extra goals but it totally crumbles the tight defence it has.

Oh man, i'm actually excited to see how you polish off The Quickening, all the ways i've tried so far might get me a few extra goals but it totally crumbles the tight defence it has.

I've put them up in a thread with all my 14.3 tactics.

Started a new game with Chelsea as was getting battered since updating to 14.3 (was using the Valentino tactic). Will let you know how I get on!. Getting rid of wingers and getting in more cm's and cb's! Torn between getting Luke Shaw and training him to the wing back position, or David Alaba.

Decisions, Decisions!

Quick update - Started a new game with my team Preston. After 22 games I'm 2nd winning 13 drawing 4 and losing 5 Scored 36 and conceded 19. My away record using DOM is great and top of the away only league but at home im 8th using FOB, thats where my problems have come. Might try using DOM at home for a the games against the top 6 or so see if that picks up more points. Overall i cant really complain to much sitting 2nd with a media prediction of 7th.

Thanks for the tactics Rosler.

Quick update - Started a new game with my team Preston. After 22 games I'm 2nd winning 13 drawing 4 and losing 5 Scored 36 and conceded 19. My away record using DOM is great and top of the away only league but at home im 8th using FOB, thats where my problems have come. Might try using DOM at home for a the games against the top 6 or so see if that picks up more points. Overall i cant really complain to much sitting 2nd with a media prediction of 7th.

Thanks for the tactics Rosler.

Yeah, fine line when to move upto FOB. Maybe try DOM at home, you can always switch up to FOB if things are not going your way.

So, as I stated in my last post, I decided to push the testing a little further. I've only gone through the first half of the season but well, I'm not sure those screenshots need to be commented.

6c4e7ec4-46d7-45ac-a501-634c1f0fd8f9.jpg

383e7341-9635-45d3-b8fa-214cbc41a63f.jpg

Just as a side note, we were expected to be relegated.

That's nearly unbelievable as I didn't have the opportunity to change many players, in fact I had to chose between replacing a few players with others that were juste slightly better and focusing on only one player that would be above average in the league. I chose the second option as I was able to recruit Gianluca Korte, whom is able to play both DLF and SS roles and could even do well in most Ligue 1 teams. he prove to be a great investment as he adapted really well and netted a lot of crucial goals.

So basically, my team consists of an average National League (tier 3) team with the notable exception of Korte and I have been able to spend most of the first half of the season as the leading team in Ligue 2 (tier 2), I was even able to beat a Ligue 1 team in a League Cup game (3-1 away), and get a draw versus another one (away again).

Once again, the results are absolutely great and almost miraculous regarding my squad's average ability. It might be worth mentioning due to my squad's level being way below my league's I've been playing DoM most of the time, I only had to tweak the corner routine because the default one didn't fit my team at all. Even when the media expect me to win easily, I tend to start with FoB and then switch to DoM when I'm 2-3 goals above my opponent as I know from experience it is really likely my team lets my opponent come back in only a few minutes (which happened against Dijon, Nimes, Caen, Bastia and La Berrichonne). That's another approach to the way these tactics interact together which allowed me to perform this great this season.

So, as I stated in my last post, I decided to push the testing a little further. I've only gone through the first half of the season but well, I'm not sure those screenshots need to be commented.

6c4e7ec4-46d7-45ac-a501-634c1f0fd8f9.jpg

383e7341-9635-45d3-b8fa-214cbc41a63f.jpg

Just as a side note, we were expected to be relegated.

That's nearly unbelievable as I didn't have the opportunity to change many players, in fact I had to chose between replacing a few players with others that were juste slightly better and focusing on only one player that would be above average in the league. I chose the second option as I was able to recruit Gianluca Korte, whom is able to play both DLF and SS roles and could even do well in most Ligue 1 teams. he prove to be a great investment as he adapted really well and netted a lot of crucial goals.

So basically, my team consists of an average National League (tier 3) team with the notable exception of Korte and I have been able to spend most of the first half of the season as the leading team in Ligue 2 (tier 2), I was even able to beat a Ligue 1 team in a League Cup game (3-1 away), and get a draw versus another one (away again).

Once again, the results are absolutely great and almost miraculous regarding my squad's average ability. It might be worth mentioning due to my squad's level being way below my league's I've been playing DoM most of the time, I only had to tweak the corner routine because the default one didn't fit my team at all. Even when the media expect me to win easily, I tend to start with FoB and then switch to DoM when I'm 2-3 goals above my opponent as I know from experience it is really likely my team lets my opponent come back in only a few minutes (which happened against Dijon, Nimes, Caen, Bastia and La Berrichonne). That's another approach th the way theses tactics interact together which allowed me to perform this great this season.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming :thup:

Hi Uwe,

Looks like yet another killer tactic from you mate, hat off to you!

Only a few games into the first season with Man Utd (and before I get slated, I've spent the last 5 months playing a save with Gillingham and fancied a go with a big team for a change :p) - 100% record (3 in the league, 1 community shield, 1 league cup and 1 champions league) then came up against Chelsea...

160d976e254855201501.jpg

Think you've well and truly nailed it this time!

Very odd that your having those results with this tactic, seeing as most are at least achieving there seasonal goals.

Could you post up some details of your team with some screenshots? Hopefully Mr. Rosler and the rest of may be able to help turn things around for you

Unfortunately, I was fired, so I don't have the detailed info of the team anymore. I think my failures with this tactic set has less to do with the tactic and more to do with my inability to get in players for it. I suffered from a very low club reputation after subsequent promotions from Skirl North to League 2, I couldn't find any wing backs to suit the roles and I ended up paying for it. I'm sure my experiences are just an anomaly as compared to others.

Loving these tactics. Here we (Liverpool) are after ten league games

ScreenShot2014-03-30at220039.png

Very please with the results although took a beating off of Chelsea:

ScreenShot2014-03-30at220716.png

And then Athletico Madrid:

ScreenShot2014-03-30at220918.png

And then the uber frustrating match where you dominate yet lose 1-0:

ScreenShot2014-03-30at221035.png

I'm thinking of playing DOM a bit more to try and reduce the number of goals I am conceding.

Hope this information helps anyone.

Triple promotion. Triple league titles with Vauxhall!

Now looking to build the squad for League one with 2 new central defenders, a right wingback and a shadow striker! Used the underdog tactic all last season winning the league by 3 points after having a major form slump at the end of the year (again). I am thinking of using team meetings a little bit more to combat the form slumps next season.

Hoping for the best

Archived