"Doom of Men" - "Field of Bones" - "Breaker of Chains"..... My final tactics set for FM14.3 !!

Good work. How come you are choosing Naughton over Walker thought??

Also Lamela works quite well as the SS :)

That's not my first choice team, I had just played a cup game and gave a few a rest! Lamela has been my best player, being a spurs fan he is massively over rated on fm though :)

TottenhamvSwansea_StatsMatchStats_zps5d570963.png

lost my first game :(

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just finished my 2nd season in the Prem with Tonbridge, was 5th with 1 game to go but lost my last game away to Liverpool to finish 7th. Still an improvement on last season.

Bit of a cross roads in my game now, I'm looking at my first team squad and I only have 2 English players.

Feeling a little bit detached from my team and its not what my Tonbridge project was originally about. Thinking of having a clear out and bringing in young English talent. Might hurt my push for Europe though.

Not at that stage with my save yet as I'm early in my 2nd season. Sounds like a good idea though to freshen up your save, just don't do it too quickly so your board gets anxious!

Not at that stage with my save yet as I'm early in my 2nd season. Sounds like a good idea though to freshen up your save, just don't do it too quickly so your board gets anxious!

I'm assuming there not going to take too kindly to me selling 17 first team players ;-)

That's not my first choice team, I had just played a cup game and gave a few a rest! Lamela has been my best player, being a spurs fan he is massively over rated on fm though :)

TottenhamvSwansea_StatsMatchStats_zps5d570963.png

lost my first game :(

I am a season ticket holder and i dont think he's lived up to his potential yet, but he's not been played in the correct postion yet. Under either of our rubbish managers this season!

I am a season ticket holder and i dont think he's lived up to his potential yet, but he's not been played in the correct postion yet. Under either of our rubbish managers this season!

I hope so, otherwise we would of wasted so much money on rubbish, we 100% need a manager of high quality

Half way through my second season using your 3 DOM tactics, currently sitting 8th but only 5 points separates me and 1st, its a very close table so far. I've conceded more than the 7 teams above me but also scored more so the goal difference is pretty much the same as them. Going well so far.

Not looking good for my Leverkusen boys this season - just lost to Bayern in the last game of the first half of the season, leaving them 2 points ahead of me with me having played 2 more games. Had a shocking spell of form. But the youngsters I brought in to fit the tactics haven't really started firing yet. Hopefully next season they'll really kick on.

Belarus Div 1 update played 6, won 4, lost 2 both defeats involved me going down to ten men early in the game.

Looks like its important to have a covering CB with plenty of pace/accel and a decent SS will score for fun.

Next three games against 'yo-yo' clubs (****sk,Granit and Belshina) so bit more of a test.

I've just bought this little gem of a player, who is labelled as possibly the next Michael Owen, but am undecided how best to fit him into the tactic.

RyanPeart_OverviewProfile_zps040f967a.png

I would love him to be the powerhouse spearhead, but his jumping and strength are very low and I don't want to dedicate too much time to increasing these as they would take a large amount of effort to increase and could affect his overall growth.

I was thinking instead retrain him to the AMC position and play him as a Deep Poacher, using his already fantastic speed and finishing ability to deadly effect?

How would I best match this role with the players immediately in front and behind him? I was thinking the Powerhouse would work well to knock the ball on to his runs if it goes high, but might also want to try and dominate the attacks themselves. Meanwhile a Technician would give us great creativity to fashion chances for him, but would make us very fragile going forwards.

How would you best approach it?

I've just bought this little gem of a player, who is labelled as possibly the next Michael Owen, but am undecided how best to fit him into the tactic.

RyanPeart_OverviewProfile_zps040f967a.png

I would love him to be the powerhouse spearhead, but his jumping and strength are very low and I don't want to dedicate too much time to increasing these as they would take a large amount of effort to increase and could affect his overall growth.

I was thinking instead retrain him to the AMC position and play him as a Deep Poacher, using his already fantastic speed and finishing ability to deadly effect?

How would I best match this role with the players immediately in front and behind him? I was thinking the Powerhouse would work well to knock the ball on to his runs if it goes high, but might also want to try and dominate the attacks themselves. Meanwhile a Technician would give us great creativity to fashion chances for him, but would make us very fragile going forwards.

How would you best approach it?

I would probably retrain as Shadow Striker in AMC position. Already quick, good finishing, high off the ball and composure + off the ball + flair. I like to play a 'deep poacher' off a 'powerhouse' most of the time but once i reach elite level i.e champions league i'd probably look for a technician at that point.

OK, finished 6th again this season. Beaten 3-2 after extra time in FA Cup Final. Qualified for Euro Cup so happy with that.

2nd half of the season was fantastic, easily Champions League form but I keep getting off to slow starts probably as i've been changing the squad a lot each season so they take time to settle.

Pretty happy with the squad so I can only envisage 3 or 4 new additions this year. I'm expecting to qualify for Champions league next year.

HQtcDip.png

Nice return from Shadow Striker - had zero % familiarity at the start of the season so retrained him. Accomplished now.

S6fHmWY.jpg

Lots of goals and assists for the wingbacks

J0dWXvM.jpg

QlQc5d7.jpg

Note the finishing attributes! Again had to retrain wide midfielders to Wingbacks.... well worth the effort!

This was my 7th season. Finished 3rd last season but miles away from Man C who won it.

9th, 9th, 7th, 6th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd - Ill get there eventually!!

Onwards and upwards to Old Trafford for the CL final. To not even win a trophy this year would be even worse!

I'm currently 5th in my 1st prem season with AFC Telford, 7points behind 1st with 8 games to go :S Top 7 are separated by just 9 points. Won the league cup and in the FA Cup semi's. Year is 2022/23. All in all a great season in the making.

P.S How do you guys post screenshots in post without a link to photobucket etc..?

Hi Mr Rosler - thanks again for another good tactic.

I acheived this using DoM all season. I signed Will Hughes on a permanent deal and a couple loan left backs for cover.

9561DE1085468DF672A20D050337DCD033654478

Not a bad season at all, if a little lucky with the goal difference, we actually lost to Utd in the last game 2-1, our goal coming late on to keep us 3rd.I have Valdes coming in on a free, I need to sign two central defenders too. I'm also eyeing up Griezmamn who's listed for 17m. Looks good for the SS role.

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-2_zps9fe2af97.png

won the league cup, lost in 6th round of fa cup to west brom 4-0 (they did go on and win it lol) got knocked out of euro cup by PSG! the fixtures were cruel all through the season, playing every couple of days! players constantly tired :( second season and board have given me £10m to spend :/ but great set of tactics I must admit :thup:

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-2_zps9fe2af97.png

won the league cup, lost in 6th round of fa cup to west brom 4-0 (they did go on and win it lol) got knocked out of euro cup by PSG! the fixtures were cruel all through the season, playing every couple of days! players constantly tired :( second season and board have given me £10m to spend :/ but great set of tactics I must admit :thup:

Again, unreal for season 1.

Where did they get £10m from? I get £22m with Tonbridge and our 12000 capacity stadium.

Decided to have a break from my liverpool save as well on course to a 2nd straight league title ( 9 points clear 8 games to go) !!!!

Looked back through my carrer saves and found myself my Bristol City save, 2 succesive promotions using s&s with them puts them in the prem no squad no money to spend and no wage budget so gotta stick with what i have.. Also lost my Parent club (Man City) so even loans are hard and no one wants to join missed out on januzai, kalas and mitrovic so this should be hilarious

So the DOM: home, away and maverick are the latest tactics to use in most situations but not the top 4 teams?

Pretty much, although I think its good for top 4 as well judging by some of the results on here, you'll just end up using the most attacking tactic more (maverick)

question about the AM and DLF positions - I have Tom Lawrence and Danny Ings in those positions and they are struggling in them so far - what players have you had real success in these two areas??

I've not really operated in that level at the same time as you, by the time I got there with Tonbridge things have moved on.

Check out post 75 I have given some ideas what to look for.

well thats a rather surprising start to the season just smashed Fulham 0-4 away from home

Managed to get a few players in they eventually gave me 5million and a wage increase of 75000 so loans and a couple of really cheap buys are making a difference

will still be happy with 16th or 17th

Archived