"Doom of Men" - "Field of Bones" - "Breaker of Chains"..... My final tactics set for FM14.3 !!

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there any guide at all, in terms of team talks?

I'm not really an expert in this area, there are some good guides kicking around the internet if you really want to get into the details but i pulled up a post i made earlier which gives you an idea of how i operate.

..its pretty complex and is dependant heavily on current form/morale etc.

I'm as tough as i can get away with.

With Chelsea I was assertive 'expect wins' pretty much all the time. AT half time drawing "not happy", winning by 1 goal "not happy", winning 2+ goals "happy"

With Palace/Tonbridge when big underdog 'no pressure' type talks, but would still give them a rocket at half time.

After match pretty much praised every win even if only 1-0, 'explode' if lost unless palace/tonbridge and big underdog when would try to keep morale high with 'good effort' type talks...... unless they were really bad!

Iv played 4 games wiv your tactic Newcastle away schalke away Everton away and fc Copenhagen home, 16 goals for 1 against. I know it's only been for games but just wow! Suarez and reus are unplayable, sterling at right wing back is a beast! Thank you rosler

I'm not really an expert in this area, there are some good guides kicking around the internet if you really want to get into the details but i pulled up a post i made earlier which gives you an idea of how i operate.

..its pretty complex and is dependant heavily on current form/morale etc.

I'm as tough as i can get away with.

With Chelsea I was assertive 'expect wins' pretty much all the time. AT half time drawing "not happy", winning by 1 goal "not happy", winning 2+ goals "happy"

With Palace/Tonbridge when big underdog 'no pressure' type talks, but would still give them a rocket at half time.

After match pretty much praised every win even if only 1-0, 'explode' if lost unless palace/tonbridge and big underdog when would try to keep morale high with 'good effort' type talks...... unless they were really bad!

Cool... thanks for your reply

Hi Mr Rosler,

First off may I say thankyou!! Your hard work has allowed me to have an enjoyable save on this incarnation of the game where I was struggling majorly beforehand.

In my latest save I won everything there was to be won with AC Milan using SS & RM but got offered the Real Madrid job in 2024 so decided to take it on and after an OK first season there I changed to your DOM set, which I have to say are head and shoulders the best tactic set I have ever used.

Now, I know I'm Real but my squad is a reasonably young one with a smattering of experience here and there, and I of course expected to be challenging for everything, but..... well I'll let the pictures do the talking!!!

Fixtures so far - http://imageshack.com/a/img560/7651/7hxw.jpg

League table at the winter break stage - http://imageshack.com/a/img541/1218/72xf.jpg

Squad - http://imageshack.com/a/img833/4720/h0ro.jpg

Hope the screenshots work and thanks once again!!

Hi Mr Rosler,

First off may I say thankyou!! Your hard work has allowed me to have an enjoyable save on this incarnation of the game where I was struggling majorly beforehand.

In my latest save I won everything there was to be won with AC Milan using SS & RM but got offered the Real Madrid job in 2024 so decided to take it on and after an OK first season there I changed to your DOM set, which I have to say are head and shoulders the best tactic set I have ever used.

Now, I know I'm Real but my squad is a reasonably young one with a smattering of experience here and there, and I of course expected to be challenging for everything, but..... well I'll let the pictures do the talking!!!

Fixtures so far - http://imageshack.com/a/img560/7651/7hxw.jpg

League table at the winter break stage - http://imageshack.com/a/img541/1218/72xf.jpg

Squad - http://imageshack.com/a/img833/4720/h0ro.jpg

Hope the screenshots work and thanks once again!!

How dare you draw 1 game ;-)

I'm using my Triple XXX set now, this almost makes me want to come back to DOM.

Having tried your triple xxx set and the Dom set, I have found myself coming back to the Dom set! Much more stable and limits the opposition to less chances! Just wish the striker would start scoring more goals :( but the Dom set is by far the best tactic I've tried!

The 1 draw was a last 92nd minute penalty after dominating the game and missing a number of good chances.

Still unbeaten with a 100% record in the league coming up to the end of January

I tried over 50 tactics without wingers that i downloaded and this set of tactics is the best. Im playing with Doncaster, won promotion with some other tactics, used this set from PSG friendly to loss against ManUtd, changed then to some other tactic but after series of bad results i come back to DOM. Lost first against Chelsea but then i destroyed City and winning streak began.

AodGro0.png

9YAew2p.png

BOtaAqC.png

I play FMC so im not sure how tactic familiarity works there. Think tactics will work better later during season because i changed almost whole squad during summer transfer period.

Well my luck has finally turned!!

Been beaten 3 games out of 4, away to Espanyol, Barcelona (Copa Del Rey) and Inter. Where my players suddenly seem to have forgotten how to play the scintillating football they had produced up to the end of January.

God this game is frustrating

I'm still using FOB/DOM set and one thing I noticed is I always concede when using FoB/DoM but rarely concede when using BoC. One game me and the opponent were even with 8 shots by halftime while I was using DoM and when I switched to BoC at halftime they literally were shutout with only 1 more shot while mine jumped to 25 shots. Its gotten to the point where I start every game with BoC to keep the opposition on their heels and on the defensive. As soon as they shift to more offense I destroy them. Very strange.

hello mr rosler i am using ur tactic Rainmaker v3? and i notice i cant get a goal via corner kicks , can u tell us more instruction for ur succes via corner pls? be mroe spesific if u can ?

or tell us which of ur tactic (corner works for u best ) so it will give us an extra hand......i try everything and i cant find solution..if u can just make it more spesific

thnx

At the moment i'm having some success with short corners.

Keep 2 back, set a good crosser/passer to 'come short', put your player with highest long shots on 'lurk outside area', put the rest on attack post. challenge keeper etc.

You should see some great goals, the player who's set to come short passes to 'lurker' who launches 30 yard rockets at the goal. Not massively prolific but its as good as anything and its better than just lumping the ball into the wall of opponents players waiting on your 6 yard box.

At the moment i'm having some success with short corners.

Keep 2 back, set a good crosser/passer to 'come short', put your player with highest long shots on 'lurk outside area', put the rest on attack post. challenge keeper etc.

You should see some great goals, the player who's set to come short passes to 'lurker' who launches 30 yard rockets at the goal. Not massively prolific but its as good as anything and its better than just lumping the ball into the wall of opponents players waiting on your 6 yard box.

i ll apriciate if u upload a photo :D please :)

thanks a lot

i did a try i am not sure if i did correct but seems even the ball go to lurker later..its so far away , and most of times the passer doesnt make the correct ball to lurker.........i dont know if i do correct

Mr Rosier doom is the best tactic for 14.3 but for the new patch 14.3.1. this tactic not work well, any tweaks???

Shouldnt be any different as SI said there were no match engine changes in 14.3.1

I have noticed a slight drop off in performances after the first season, not sure what that is about?

Ok yes, it is this problem because in my first season with sampdoria, my team took the third place, in second season, my team was dreadful.

Any tweaks for resolve this problem or another tactic???

To be honest, with me it was more of a bad start to the season. Like 9 points after 7 games when I should be pushing for champions league place, I tend to recover from this and still finish the season where I expect. This has happened a few times with different tactics.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update for you Mr Rosler.

Won everything in my second season with Real (La Liga, Copa del Rey & Champions League). Only lost 4 games all season (1 in the league before Copa del Rey semi final v Barca and the other 3 were in second legs of comps where the tie was effectively won so the kids got a run out).

Third season was exactly the same in terms of the losses!! Managed to win everything available Supercopa, Euro Super Cup, World Club Cup, La Liga, Copa del Rey and Champions League.

We went on numerous 30+ unbeaten streaks scoring bucket loads and conceding very little.

Once again superb work mate!!!

Now onto turning my beloved Man City from also rans under AVB to the dominant force in world football

Nice one. I've got 3 seasons left at Tonbridge before my 20 years is up. My team is City but I think it would be too easy but it's tempting.

Think it's about time someone sorted out Leeds UTD. And that someone might well be me.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried the FOB set with Liverpool.

I did the huge pre-season thing and made 2 decent signings (Alex Sandro and Honda). Pre-season went well and the players were fit and ready to start the season with good morale.

Got thumped 4-1 by Everton (A) first game. Got beaten 1-0 at home to Cardiff in the 2nd game. Gave up after that :)

Tried the FOB set with Liverpool.

I did the huge pre-season thing and made 2 decent signings (Alex Sandro and Honda). Pre-season went well and the players were fit and ready to start the season with good morale.

Got thumped 4-1 by Everton (A) first game. Got beaten 1-0 at home to Cardiff in the 2nd game. Gave up after that :)

I'd keep it going. With Tottenham, 1st season in October, I was 13th and almost sacked. It's now January and I haven't lost since. Sitting in 1st. It takes a lot of time for clubs to become proficient.

I'd keep it going. With Tottenham, 1st season in October, I was 13th and almost sacked. It's now January and I haven't lost since. Sitting in 1st. It takes a lot of time for clubs to become proficient.

Agreed. Stick with it. It is a great tactic. I tend to start with DOM, especially in Sesason one. I then move to FOB if I am losing or if I am getting toward the end of match that I am dominating but not winning. I use maverick occasionally when needed.

Posted this in the XXX thread as well. Quick question. Currently mid-December of first season in a QPR save. Not having the greatest of seasons, sitting aroud 9th. I know it's not great to change tactics half way through a season, but my current tactic was too hit and miss. I have just played 2 games with the DOM set (draw and a win) - any advice on which of the XXX set or DOM set is best for a championship team? Would ultimately like to get promoted and use the same tactic too

Hi guys,

Could just be coincidence, but I've found that using 'tight marking = always' and 'closing down = always' on OI for anyone in an attacking position (ST/ AMLCR) seems to help tighten things up at the back a little.

Just wanted to ask if anyone has tried using a false nine for the forward and how that has worked instead? The tactic is a blinder but my DLFs have been underwhelming.

By all means go for it. In my experience all the deep striker roles perform prettymuch the same, worth a try.

I have a new tactic on the way, by the way.

mr rosler what would you say is ur best tactic for southampton cant seem to get any to work to any good effect

At this point I'd go Rainmaker v5 when favourite and Silk & Steel v5 when underdog.

Hmmm, getting wound up now. An iinexplicable run of poor form has made me go back to the drawing board.

I know it's not always about tactics and sometimes the game just shafts you but until I get something better than I've already put out there's no point.

Got something looking good but need to start the testing cycle again.

Should have kept my gob shut!

Great tactic the first season, a complete dissaster second season.

Is strange, with this tactic i managed to win the Italian Cup, Italian League, Champions, European Super Cup, Italian Super Cup with Napoles, but second season i lose 1 match for every 2 i win, can get my team to get a rate of more than 7.0 . Any idea why this is happening?

Great tactic the first season, a complete dissaster second season.

Is strange, with this tactic i managed to win the Italian Cup, Italian League, Champions, European Super Cup, Italian Super Cup with Napoles, but second season i lose 1 match for every 2 i win. Any idea why this is happening?

Other than 14.3 being a complete bitch, no!

Seriously, it's very difficult to be consistent on this ME. Lots of random results.

Yup, that is what i thought, it has to be because of the game 'cos man this tactic was incredible i was unbeatable the first season, lol.

Should i try your new Triple X? or stick with DOM?

btw thanks for the tactic ;)

If you've got 2nd season syndrome maybe time to try something different?

Archived