"Doom of Men" - "Field of Bones" - "Breaker of Chains"..... My final tactics set for FM14.3 !!

Just want to update you a little bit.

I started using the current tactics At Napoli right at the top.

d99i.jpg

Just amazed by the set, using FOB when favorites (Mainly in the league) and DOM during Champions League. That's just got me a first leg win at home to Barcalona in the semi finals! The league looks to be wrapped up, as long as i don't drop points for my 5th consecutive title win.

Very well done!

Edit: Here the update for the FINAL :D

i7j6.jpg

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished my season with preston, finished 2nd behind a rampant wolves who i ended up 6 points behind i did however finish 19 points ahead of 3rd. Happy with the season. New season in the championship is going to be tough, no money to spend and will only be able to get in free signing. My defense is a worry going forward the couple of signing a signed matching the spoiler attributes didnt play well and unable to find any that match the agent criteria. Hopefully a mid table finish ahead (my personal target)

Just want to update you a little bit.

I started using the current tactics At Napoli right at the top.

d99i.jpg

Just amazed by the set, using FOB when favorites (Mainly in the league) and DOM during Champions League. That's just got me a first leg win at home to Barcalona in the semi finals! The league looks to be wrapped up, as long as i don't drop points for my 5th consecutive title win.

Very well done!

Edit: Here the update for the FINAL :D

i7j6.jpg

Well done mate, I know you've been after that for a while!

well here is a result that came from nowhere

ScreenShot2014-04-01at224632.png

obviously i am Liverpool!!!!!!!!!!! Believe me when i say a few players from that result wont play agin in a hurry some may even have played their last ever game for me !!!!!!

This piece of news just made that result a thousand times worse

ScreenShot2014-04-01at225120.png

So, I found enough time to push my testings a little more. I can safely say that we were real underdogs this season if I trust the bookmakers :

b5f884ce-4b5d-4cdf-83bb-bb3b84fdb98a.jpg

I was able to reinforce my squad a little but as you can see, there was nothing fancy, only a bunch of strong physical players (stronger than what I had at my disposal, at least) :

912fa9cd-2b0a-47b9-9216-b6a296a516b3.jpg

You can notice I discovered my starplayer Gianluca Korte has a twin brother called Raffael. It was way too tempting to try and reunite the two, even more as Raffael was unemployed. It's worth mentioning he is a decent playmaking focused SS.

And here are the results. Once more it's just astonishing, it's also worth noting we were really close to beating PSG two times in this first half of the season (we were leading the first two games until 85th minute) the only explanation I can think of to explain these results is my club rep is so low my opponents don't take care when facing my players.

338a7361-5bb0-4a24-8245-99c2e9efe877.jpg

156f09e2-2fb0-459d-b583-92f05768b54a.jpg

I won't push this savegame any further as the point is made, these tactics are absolutely fantastic, they allowed me to get promoted twice in a row and to immediatly be able to get in order to get an european ticket. Great work, Mr U.

Well i decided against my better judgement to play exactly the same team that got smashed off norwich, away against my main title rivals chelsea

ScreenShot2014-04-01at230731.png

I am even more baffled where the previous result came from now

Game can be a bit random. you have 15 shots, they have 15 shots, they score 7 you score 1! bad day for your keeper.

Going to give the tactics a go in the lower reaches of the Belarus 1st League (1000-1 to win it and should finish next to bottom) will have to use FBs rather than WBs tho' very limited number of players available Belarussians either arn't very good or wont sign for me and Russians want to much money league rules ban other foreigners.

Going to give the tactics a go in the lower reaches of the Belarus 1st League (1000-1 to win it and should finish next to bottom) will have to use FBs rather than WBs tho' very limited number of players available Belarussians either arn't very good or wont sign for me and Russians want to much money league rules ban other foreigners.

Wow that sounds like one tough a$$ challenge! Good luck matey :D

Got to be honest Mr R, I'm struggling in my Villa save. Went fine during pre-season, a couple of odd results but mainly decent wins, even beating Man City in the Community Shield. But then the prem kicked off and its all gone to sh*t. 7 competitive games played, 1 win (scraped a win in the Cap1 cup against Championship Sunderland), 1 draw (2-2 against Spurs, threw away a 2-0 lead) and 5 defeats. Scored 5, conceded 20. Sticking with it, as I'm certain this isn't the tactic - made a few changes to the team, and most players meet the recommended attributes, but hoping its a combination of new players bedding in and morale issues.

Edit - Played 8, Lost 6, Drawn 1, Won 1. For 6, Against 23 - Jeez this game is a killer at times.

Hey U Rosler,

Are there any specific PPMs you would suggest for each role? I was reading a thread regarding the "Play with his back to the goal" seems ideal for this formation since we're using a DLP and want to bring the SS and midfielders into the play if possible. Seems a one touch pass backwards into a first time shot from a forward running midfielder is what the tactic is aiming for and this PPM would promote this combination. A Technician - Deep Poacher strikepartnership would be particularly lethal using this PPM.

Got to be honest Mr R, I'm struggling in my Villa save. Went fine during pre-season, a couple of odd results but mainly decent wins, even beating Man City in the Community Shield. But then the prem kicked off and its all gone to sh*t. 7 competitive games played, 1 win (scraped a win in the Cap1 cup against Championship Sunderland), 1 draw (2-2 against Spurs, threw away a 2-0 lead) and 5 defeats. Scored 5, conceded 20. Sticking with it, as I'm certain this isn't the tactic - made a few changes to the team, and most players meet the recommended attributes, but hoping its a combination of new players bedding in and morale issues.

Edit - Played 8, Lost 6, Drawn 1, Won 1. For 6, Against 23 - Jeez this game is a killer at times.

Hang on in there, i lost my first 4 games of the season including a cup game to a lower league side i've since turned it around big time. New strikers seem to take ages to start scoring.

Stay away from FOB if you can, you need top technical players to get the most of out it.

I have 2 new tactics coming based around DOM, the current one will be the Away Tactic, i've done a Home version and a 3rd Maverick version to confuse opponents. So anyone who isnt a top team can have a set based on DOM alone. What makes DOM resilient are the team instructions, I've left them alone so they are the same on all 3 tactics. Watch this space.

Hang on in there, i lost my first 4 games of the season including a cup game to a lower league side i've since turned it around big time. New strikers seem to take ages to start scoring.

Stay away from FOB if you can, you need top technical players to get the most of out it.

I have 2 new tactics coming based around DOM, the current one will be the Away Tactic, i've done a Home version and a 3rd Maverick version to confuse opponents. So anyone who isnt a top team can have a set based on DOM alone. What makes DOM resilient are the team instructions, I've left them alone so they are the same on all 3 tactics. Watch this space.

Thanks Mr R - I plan on sticking with it - we're definitely creating chances, but my strikers cannot score at the moment, which I'm guessing is a confidence thing, and defenders are particularly susceptible to balls played round the back of them, which is probably also a confidence issue. Haven't used FOB at all since pre-season, solely using DOM, but it's still not quite fully fluid which probably also doesn't help. So far, I haven't come under any pressure from the board, which is probably my rep still trading off the promotion and FA Cup win of last season, but I would imagine it's coming if things don't start to turn round.

Any idea on when the new set will be ready?

Thanks Mr R - I plan on sticking with it - we're definitely creating chances, but my strikers cannot score at the moment, which I'm guessing is a confidence thing, and defenders are particularly susceptible to balls played round the back of them, which is probably also a confidence issue. Haven't used FOB at all since pre-season, solely using DOM, but it's still not quite fully fluid which probably also doesn't help. So far, I haven't come under any pressure from the board, which is probably my rep still trading off the promotion and FA Cup win of last season, but I would imagine it's coming if things don't start to turn round.

Any idea on when the new set will be ready?

I have had the exact same issue with hull, after finishing 7th first season! I am now currently 2 loses and 2 draws from first four games! I have changed my team alot so am having so get stressed with doing so poorly for time being haha

As promised a couple of new tactics to complete the DOM set.

I would run with this unless you are a top 4 team in top division.

We now have a DOM Home, DOM Away and DOM Maverick tactic.

The team instructions are the same on all the tactics so they should all be fairly resilient they just get progressively more attacking formations and player roles.

The original DOM tactic is the away tactic I would just rename as i have below so its really easy to select tactic.

Home tactic - familiar formation but based on the DOM team instructions.

utH8rj6.png

https://www.mediafire.com/?sauv292da703n35

Maverick Tactic - Defensive team instructions + attacking formation. good combo for teams of all levels.

mVxj8mj.png

https://www.mediafire.com/?fepqtzncwnpbicj

I will update front post when I have more time but this is how I would run with it.

Top 4 team in top league. Run with FOB as your main tactic with DOM Away as a back up when you need it.

EVERYONE ELSE

HOME GAMES

Strong Favourite - Maverick Tactic

Favourite - Home Tactic

Evens - Home Tactic

Under dog - Away Tactic

AWAY GAMES

Strong Favourite - Home Tactic

Favourite - Home Tactic

Evens - Away Tactic

Under dog - Away Tactic

TO PULL BACK A GOAL/RECOVERY = MAVERICK TACTIC

I would be interested to see how top teams get on using the DOM only set. You will likely be starting a lot of games with the Maverick tactic.

Have been using the FOB and BOC with good results so far. However, was just wondering if anyone had tried tweaking it ever so slightly? I have quite a few strikers on my books and would look to swap one of the centre mids to a CF position. Obviously this would make it even more attacking - I wonder if it would totally screw the tactic up?

Cheers

Have been using the FOB and BOC with good results so far. However, was just wondering if anyone had tried tweaking it ever so slightly? I have quite a few strikers on my books and would look to swap one of the centre mids to a CF position. Obviously this would make it even more attacking - I wonder if it would totally screw the tactic up?

Cheers

See Maverick tactic above!

Although this is based on the careful DOM approach, Balanced, Control mentalities with Retain possession ON. Attacking but not reckless.

See Maverick tactic above!

Although this is based on the careful DOM approach, Balanced, Control mentalities with Retain possession ON. Attacking but not reckless.

Excellent, thanks Mr R. I'll start running with these tonight and report back.

have you run some tests with the new tactics?

Not seperate tests I've just incorporated them into my own Tonbridge save. The HOME tactic is the same formation and roles as FOB but with DOM mentalities and team instructions. Not much of a stretch from the original DOM and a tried and trusted formation. Used this a lot at Home and it's been excellent.

Maverick I've used less, mainly to recover in games when I'm behind which it has done well a few times. Thought I would test it for 90 mins away at Man U and Tottenham to see how the defence held up, games finished 1 - 1 and 2-2 which I was pleased with. Best result was away at West Ham. Was winning 2-1 at half time, thought I would try and turn the screw and switched to Maverick getting my biggest win of the season 6-2.

I hAve pretty good instincts as to what works by now, use it at the right time and you'll be fine.

Mr Rosler, Do you have the away tactic as not posted up above - only the HOME and MAVERICK.

I was using SS and just won the Skrill South with Hampton & Richmond and I am about to start the new season with these!

Mr Rosler, Do you have the away tactic as not posted up above - only the HOME and MAVERICK.

I was using SS and just won the Skrill South with Hampton & Richmond and I am about to start the new season with these!

As I said the away tactic is the original DOM on first post ;-)

Maverick has been working wonders.

0-1 to arsenal after 70 mins, switch to maverick and get 2-1 win. Next game 0-1 at half time to Everton, switch to Maverick 3-1 win.

Cardiff at home next so maybe a chance to start with it.

Maverick has been working wonders.

0-1 to arsenal after 70 mins, switch to maverick and get 2-1 win. Next game 0-1 at half time to Everton, switch to Maverick 3-1 win.

Cardiff at home next so maybe a chance to start with it.

Stuck at work at the moment but looking forward to trying Maverick with Aguero and Costa up front and Oscar behind them.

Mr Rosler,

I have been biding my time to comment on these tactics as I wanted to give them a proper run, for the first time in my 5 years or so playing Fm I decided to come on the forums and use other peoples tactics and have pretty much bar the odd season used your tactics.

These have not failed.

I chose Sporting to use as my team and initially started with FOB and then when I needed a goal changed to BOC, my results this season were.

Runner up in the League Cup - finished 3-3 was 3-1 at 80 minutes, left it on FOB instead of going to DOM so I ruined it.

3rd in the League, two points off Porto. Should have won the league but I was being bold and started two matches with BOC and lost the league because of it.

Won the other cup in which I used the DOM - Home and the DOM - Maverick.

Amazing.

Thanks

Mr Rosler,

I have been biding my time to comment on these tactics as I wanted to give them a proper run, for the first time in my 5 years or so playing Fm I decided to come on the forums and use other peoples tactics and have pretty much bar the odd season used your tactics.

These have not failed.

I chose Sporting to use as my team and initially started with FOB and then when I needed a goal changed to BOC, my results this season were.

Runner up in the League Cup - finished 3-3 was 3-1 at 80 minutes, left it on FOB instead of going to DOM so I ruined it.

3rd in the League, two points off Porto. Should have won the league but I was being bold and started two matches with BOC and lost the league because of it.

Won the other cup in which I used the DOM - Home and the DOM - Maverick.

Amazing.

Thanks

Seen you lurking :brock:

Thanks for the post, let us know how you get on with the new set :thup:

I thought I'd try someone elses tactic this season after winning my first title since Rangers return. I won my first 3 games before a draw and a defeat. Things looked a little shakey.

I have a team full of teenagers I've just signed, promising players for the future, so I wasn't expecting much in a CL group including Real Madrid, Man Utd, and Genk. Third place at best I thought.

21 wins in a row later, including winning all 5 of my CL games so far (including Real Madrid home and away), and I'm absolutely flying. The tactic is actually very direct football through the centre of the park.

I have a very good feeling about this tactic. I'm certainly punching well above my weight just now.

Just lost the next game but it's the best it doesn't change the fact it is a good set of tactics.

Are there any suggested PPMs for certain positions?

Just about to complete my first season in League 1 as Crewe (Media expectation 23rd) and I am currently sitting at the top of the table, 11 points clear with 10 games left of the season. Been using DOM the majority of the time, with BOC to get a goal when needed.

Would you suggest moving to the new DOM-based set? I am having such great success with the original.

Are there any suggested PPMs for certain positions?

Just about to complete my first season in League 1 as Crewe (Media expectation 23rd) and I am currently sitting at the top of the table, 11 points clear with 10 games left of the season. Been using DOM the majority of the time, with BOC to get a goal when needed.

Would you suggest moving to the new DOM-based set? I am having such great success with the original.

The original DOM is the away tactic in the new set + when you are underdogs at home so as your moving thru the divisions you'd use it a lot anyway.

The rest of the set gives you more attacking versions without going nuts.

Hmm not sure about this. Started my firsts eason in teh Conf Prem and of course had to replace half the team but trained up DOM, FOB and BOC.... started every game with DOM and used FOB if 1-0 behind, down to ten men and BOC if 2-0 or chasing late. Its been bloody successful as we have lost just two in 12 and are in the play offs when expected to be best 18th. Its true its nearly all DOM but have not won a single game away.... nearly all draws... definately FOB is too much of a risk and have had no success with BOC at all so .... oh alright you've convinced me..... should be half way ready anyway as only a small change....

Nightmare run at the moment, either scraping wins or conceding last minute equalisers. Gladbach are really a bogey team of mine, I've been top 2 of the German league for a few years and yet just can't beat them. This time, went 1-0 down, went to FOB then went 2-1 up with 20 min to go. Switched to DOM to hold on and conceded a 94th min equaliser! Absolutely unbelievable. Still loving the tactics - just wanted to vent my frustration!

Nightmare run at the moment, either scraping wins or conceding last minute equalisers. Gladbach are really a bogey team of mine, I've been top 2 of the German league for a few years and yet just can't beat them. This time, went 1-0 down, went to FOB then went 2-1 up with 20 min to go. Switched to DOM to hold on and conceded a 94th min equaliser! Absolutely unbelievable. Still loving the tactics - just wanted to vent my frustration!

Same for me with my Sporting side, I struggle to beat Academica, think I have beaten them once out of 6! four draws and a defeat.

Game time has been a bit scarce the last couple of days, but have not got three matches completed using the DOM set and it's 3 games unbeaten, 2 wins, 1 draw, but 3 clean sheets. Early days and all that, but here's hoping a corner has been turned.

Quick update on my Belarus 1st Div save, decent pre season got some good strikers in and some old and not exactly quick CBs but at least they can jump and tackle did go for WBs as my RWB bagged an hat trick in the final pre season game.

First league game was a 4-0 home defeat to Dinamo Brest couple of excuses for it they were relegated last season and have kept most of their players plus I had my 16 yr old centre mid sent off after 8mins followed that with two wins away from home currently

6th and I'm pretty happy. Used DOM for all games but moved the WBs to FB for the third game as my WBs couldn't manage 3 games in 10 days.

This is just if anyone is interested in it (also, if you don't mind Mr U Rosler !)

I like my main screen to be my Team Screen, and I have a ton of information on there. Instead of always going through and trying to remember I based my own view screen (with a few minor changes) to be able to quickly switch between views (once imported) to check the "Main Stats" for each position/role you listed.

I also made filters (Default 15/12 attribute split, change as you wish) for the player search and named them after each role. To "install" just download (it's a tiny zip file on my host), open the zip file and merge the folders (or just copy/paste from each folder if you wish) to your FM Folder in "my documents".

The views go in the views folder, and the filter goes in the filters folder. Once in game, you have to import them. The views you have to import 1 by 1, but the filters once you import the filter (named UberHD Mr U Rosler Filters) they will all show up.

If anyone chooses to download/use these, I hope they help! I just like to have stuff available to me without *too* much digging going on. Feel free to modify/do whatever you wish with them. I just felt after using Mr U Rosler's tactics for a while I would do a little tiny part for those others who use his tactics.

link to download:

http://www.ubernoob.net/b/UberHD.zip

This is just if anyone is interested in it (also, if you don't mind Mr U Rosler !)

I like my main screen to be my Team Screen, and I have a ton of information on there. Instead of always going through and trying to remember I based my own view screen (with a few minor changes) to be able to quickly switch between views (once imported) to check the "Main Stats" for each position/role you listed.

I also made filters (Default 15/12 attribute split, change as you wish) for the player search and named them after each role. To "install" just download (it's a tiny zip file on my host), open the zip file and merge the folders (or just copy/paste from each folder if you wish) to your FM Folder in "my documents".

The views go in the views folder, and the filter goes in the filters folder. Once in game, you have to import them. The views you have to import 1 by 1, but the filters once you import the filter (named UberHD Mr U Rosler Filters) they will all show up.

If anyone chooses to download/use these, I hope they help! I just like to have stuff available to me without *too* much digging going on. Feel free to modify/do whatever you wish with them. I just felt after using Mr U Rosler's tactics for a while I would do a little tiny part for those others who use his tactics.

link to download:

http://www.ubernoob.net/b/UberHD.zip

thanks most useful never sure if i get the right balance between the attributes

I wonder if anyone is finding that with DOM they get low player ratings for their DCs.... 6.6 seems the norm and more 6.4 or 6.5 than 7.

Not that Im complaining... only four games with the new three DOMs and won all 3(previously couldnt win away) with a GF-GA of 10-2 and just gone top of the Conf.

Just finished my 2nd season in the Prem with Tonbridge, was 5th with 1 game to go but lost my last game away to Liverpool to finish 7th. Still an improvement on last season.

Bit of a cross roads in my game now, I'm looking at my first team squad and I only have 2 English players.

Feeling a little bit detached from my team and its not what my Tonbridge project was originally about. Thinking of having a clear out and bringing in young English talent. Might hurt my push for Europe though.

Archived