"Doom of Men" - "Field of Bones" - "Breaker of Chains"..... My final tactics set for FM14.3 !!

Since adopting this with my Whitehawk team, when I was 'insecure' for being 6th in the Skrill Premier (FMC):

Played - 10

Won - 9

Lost - 1 (purely because I used my backups against a lower placed team to save 1sts for the FA Trophy final)

Scored - 24

Conceded - 7

Cleansheets - 5

This is the dogs proverbial.

We seem to be playing the same game. Danny and Jakey love this tactic!!!

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to hear. Both tactics?

All three actually. The overload one was only used when I fancied a demolition job, like relegating the team in 24th, but yes, both tactics. Mainly Field of Bones, but it just seems to 'work'. S&Sv2 had saved me from the chop, but this set.. Best I've used on FM14. Thank you.

So do we have the best set of tactics that ever was or will be?

Good work Mr Rosler looking forward to the end of my season to hopefully push my team to the next level with this set!

Its not possible to be truly dominant on 14.3, nor should it be.

these tactics will hopefully give you a fighting chance of achieving your goals, especially if you build your team/squad well.

Will be fairly late tonight before i get the player roles up as working until 8pm...Grrrrr

Likely to be more than one 'build' for most of the positions so the lower league guys can go for physical/mental rather than technical players who are hard to find. Some of the alternative builds may also be appropriate for top teams as well.

Is it me or does it seem that when you do seem to dominate a game the computer gets 100% luckier? the amount of crosses i've seen drift in when i've had 5 CCC's and am 1-0 up is unreal ! Or long balls from front to back bouncing perfectly for an average striker to control and smash home, it really feels like the ai/computer is saying 'you are not suupposed to be winning'

After using tubev2 for an entire season bar a 60 min period against man city in must not lose game (thanx s&s)

ScreenShot2014-03-27at165953.png

Brought silverware back to the kop interesting season as i spent the first month in charge then went on holiday for 2 months

ScreenShot2014-03-27at170740.png

ScreenShot2014-03-27at170808.png

So now its onwards and upwards with FOB for me spent a few quid on players

ScreenShot2014-03-27at170938.png

and still got Barbosa to come...

Its not possible to be truly dominant on 14.3, nor should it be.

these tactics will hopefully give you a fighting chance of achieving your goals, especially if you build your team/squad well.

It was more a reference to the Game of Thrones titles than anything haha

Ok, player guidelines below as promised.

Didn't want to be as restrictive this time, especially for the guys moving thru the leagues so i have a couple of 'builds' for each role some of which will be easier to find lower down but that doesnt mean they wont work with the big boys :brock:

The usual approach from me. 4 key attributes the most important being bold.

Rough guideline. EPL Bold 15 standard 12. Champions League teams Bold 18 standard 15. Scale back as you move down the divisions.

These are just ideas, you can take them with a pinch of salt if you like, but I find team building easier when working to a 'system' and I think i get better performances from my teams/players when I follow this approach. And I know a lot of guys who swear by this.

Starting from the front.

MY POSTS ARE TOO BIG FOR THIS FORUM WILL HAVE TO CONTINUE DOWN THE THREAD

FORWARDS

DEEP LYING FORWARD

BUILD

Technician - TECHNIQUE, Creativity, Flair, Finishing

or

Powerhouse - STRENGTH, Jumping Reach, Acceleration, Finishing

So you have a clever player linking play with excellent awareness and vision together with the technique to complete key passes and finish chances vs a dominant figure leading the line, disturbing defenders, holding up the ball before laying off simple passes. great in the air and with the pace to get away from defenders. You choose :brock:

SHADOW STRIKER

BUILD

Deep Poacher - FINISHING, Acceleration, Composure, Off the ball

OR

Artisan - PASSING, Creativity, Flair, Finishing

A single minded out and out goal threat, superficially involved in build up play but more interested in getting 'on his bike' and into the penalty area as soon as possible vs a true creative hub, eager to be involved in building up play, slipping in our deep runners and the DLF before assisting in the final stages of attacks by trying to get on the end of the final pass. Hmmm..........

MIDFIELDERS

CENTRAL MIDFIELD/ATTACK

BUILD

Craftsman - PASSING , Creativity, Flair, Finishing

or

Outrunner - Acceleration, Off the ball, Finishing, Composure

There are those who consider themselves great athlete's with the speed and energy to overcome any adversary whilst others mock such crude instruments and allow their brains and the ball to do their running for them. Brawn vs Brains ??

CENTRAL MIDFIELD/SUPPORT

BUILD

Tank - TACKLING, Jumping reach, Strength, Team Work

or

Visionary - PASSING, creativity, flair, technique.

A destroyer of men vs a destroyer of defences. A wall before the wall vs a playmaker in all but name. Both glory in victory, but with the TANK, its personal..........

ANCHORMAN

BUILD

Khal Drogo - LEADERSHIP, Strength, Jumping Reach, Determination

or

The Ferret - ACCELERATION, Positioning, Tackiling, Workrate

Looks like a non-contest right? A leader to rally round when the going gets tough, an immovable force shielding our defence against all opponents. No say I, what good is an immovable force?? I want mobility across the field, identifying weak points and neutralising them before they are exploited.... aye, its the Ferret for me...... :thup:

(if you dont know who Khal Drogo is google him, then watch Game of Thrones :thup:)

DEFENDERS

WINGBACKS

BUILD

Classic - ACCELERATION, Crossing, Tackling, Positioning

or

Auxiliary Forward - ACCELERATION, Finishing, Composure, Crossing + 'Opposite feet'

The reckless vs the cautious. One poacher, one gamekeeper. One for himself, one for the team. Yet personal glory also brings glory to the team.............

(Opposite feet on the flanks tends to push players 'inside' making our Auxiliary Forward more of a goal threat but possibly less of a creator. Can yours finish??)

CENTRE BACKS

BUILD

Spoiler - TACKLING, Jumping reach, Strength, Positioning

OR

Agent - ACCELERATION, Tackling, Team work, Positioning

"The only time I want to see the back of a man's shirt is if he's lying face down in the dirt, chasing is for dogs"........... "aye, but there's the thrill of the chase..... and the catching...... delicious......"

I'll come to the 'overload' tactic in bit.

So the basic premise is this. When you are favourites use 'Field of Bones', when underdog use 'Doom of Men'. If even use 'Field of Bones' at Home, 'Doom of Men' away.

Probably a stupid question, but: How do you know if you are favourite or underdog? Is it shown when the betting chances are displayed?

Probably a stupid question, but: How do you know if you are favourite or underdog? Is it shown when the betting chances are displayed?

A couple of days before each match you get a message like this.

vZ3nW4o.png

Most of the guys posting play the 'full fat' version, I play 'classic' you should get that message tho' it will look different if you don't use that particular skin I use whatever the default skin is.

i will have to keep a closer eye out for it i have a tendency to skip messages if i am scouting alot of players lol

How would you go about training youth players for this system Mr R? Go straight for individual attribute training or train them for the entire role??

Great write-ups for the positions btw

I'd go for training for the role. All of our attributes should be covered then rather than just one.

Sitting top of the Skrill Premier with Vauxhall in the second season after winning the Skrill North on the last day of the league!

Started using the tactics with about 15 games to go in the season having been just outside of the playoffs and in bad form. Turned around an 11 point gap to beat Solihul Moors on the last day to win the league (they were sitting top).

So far in the Skrill Premier I have played 23 games for 50 points with 15wins and a +23 goal difference. Results are very wobbly down here, got beaten 5-3 in one game and then turned things around in another to win 4-0 and things like that, but hey thats lower league football.

Loving the tactics! I have been using the overload tactic when favorite to start with for roughly 15-20min and looking for a goal before switching back to the regular favorite tactic and it looks to be doing the goods! Hoping to win the league or at least get up through the playoffs to make professional football and start building a team!

In regards to training players it really depends on the player and how OCD you want to be regarding training. Personally I love micromanaging individual training and review each player's training every 1, 2, 3 months depending on what I have him training on. I prioritize raising key attributes that are above the actual attribute number on the graph but yet not reaching the next skill level. (Example, lets say player's tackling is a 10, but on the graph it is a quarter towards 11. Depending on player's professionalism it will take 1-2 months of focused tackling training to get it above the 50% level on the graph to make his tackling a 11.) When every key attribute is level or slightly below the number level, I then do role training for 3 months and then repeat the process getting his above level attributes up. Wasting a couple CA while not raising the actual attribute number is very wasteful of a players PA.

Well i can finally get back to my Tonbridge save.

When 14.3 came out i'd just finished pre-season before my very first Premier League campaign. Nice timing. I'd built a decent team as I moved thru the leagues, albeit around Silk & Steel, and i would rate my first team as slightly better than the Crystal Palace team I tested with.

So time to kick on in the prem with the new tactics.

g9J7zrh.png

Starting with DOM in most games with the exception of the cup games and Reading at home.

I'm surprised by how much of goal threat I have using DOM. Perhaps because my rep is so low teams are gunning for me and we're hitting them on the break.

I've actually used all 3 tactics a fair bit.

The West Brom game was interesting. I was 1 - 0 down after 3 minutes using DOM. Was tempted to move up to FOB or BOC but remained patient, only 3 minutes into the game after all. Sure enough scored twice using DOM, thought I would turn the screw and switched up to FOB, scored again, turned the screw again and switched to BOC, scored again.

Using all 3 tactics in a game, moving thru the gears.

Moving forward, aim is to stay in the Prem. Forecast to make £48m profit as my wage bill is only £250,000 per week.

Scouts out all over the place, should have nice transfer budget next season.

I have 1 player rated as Good for Premier Division with potential to be a Leading Star..... just need to find another 10....... :brock:

When you're up against a team who parked the bus and you just can't score, it's sometimes really useful to switch to DOM and invite them out a bit and then hit them.

It works the other way around, too; if you're using DOM against a much better team, sometimes they're all over you and switching to more attacking tactic can ease some of the pressure.

When you're up against a team who parked the bus and you just can't score, it's sometimes really useful to switch to DOM and invite them out a bit and then hit them.

It works the other way around, too; if you're using DOM against a much better team, sometimes they're all over you and switching to more attacking tactic can ease some of the pressure.

Thinking outside the box, nice ideas ;-)

Archived