"Doom of Men" - "Field of Bones" - "Breaker of Chains"..... My final tactics set for FM14.3 !!

Just read a whole backlog of the last 6 days (quickening thread + this one).

Nothing to mention so far, except: thank you very much, Rosler. Your work is really amazing.

As soon as I have something useful to say, I'll come back here. I'm still Rimini, just closed the 19/20 season (second Serie A win in a row). The slightly tweaked versions of Rainmaker_v3 + S&Sv2 are still very solid for me, but this set is seducing me, considering the feedback so far.

Also, it has 3 DCs + anchor...that's Brazil in WC 2002. I try to reproduce it in every FM, sometimes successfully and sometimes not. ;)

Seeing the formation just pulls me back to Marcos, Cafu, Lucio, Edmilson, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlos, Gilberto Silva, Kleberson, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and Ronaldo. Great memories.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just read a whole backlog of the last 6 days (quickening thread + this one).

Nothing to mention so far, except: thank you very much, Rosler. Your work is really amazing.

As soon as I have something useful to say, I'll come back here. I'm still Rimini, just closed the 19/20 season (second Serie A win in a row). The slightly tweaked versions of Rainmaker_v3 + S&Sv2 are still very solid for me, but this set is seducing me, considering the feedback so far.

Also, it has 3 DCs + anchor...that's Brazil in WC 2002. I try to reproduce it in every FM, sometimes successfully and sometimes not. ;)

Seeing the formation just pulls me back to Marcos, Cafu, Lucio, Edmilson, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlos, Gilberto Silva, Kleberson, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and Ronaldo. Great memories.

Great team. Cafu and Carlos would be legendary in this formation!

I can't help but think of Euro 96 when looking at the team sheet and thinking of El Tel's Christmas tree formation

Quick update before going to bed. Mr U Rosler, you definitely did an amazing job, looks like DoM and FoB totally destroyed the league by their ownselves once more. I still have got 5 games to play but after a short downtime in january (notice that Rennes have had their revenge) my team was able to litterally roam through the champ.

204e5091-e702-4840-9959-1ffb30e4d6fa.jpg

b2bbf8bb-f43c-499e-a861-0c13fd0aff61.jpg

I'ma push a little more once again and see how well it works in Ligue 1. I have absolutely no idea how well it will be able to perform as I was already convinced being able to remain in Ligue 2 would be some kind of a miracle. I'm going to try and enhance my team the best as I can this time as not having any player with above 10 in jumping reach would probably end up being catastrophic in the physically strong league that Ligue 1 is.

Once more, you did an awesome job.

Quick update before going to bed. Mr U Rosler, you definitely did an amazing job, looks like DoM and FoB totally destroyed the league by their ownselves once more. I still have got 5 games to play but after a short downtime in january (notice that Rennes have had their revenge) my team was able to litterally roam through the champ.

204e5091-e702-4840-9959-1ffb30e4d6fa.jpg

b2bbf8bb-f43c-499e-a861-0c13fd0aff61.jpg

I'ma push a little more once again and see how well it works in Ligue 1. I have absolutely no idea how well it will be able to perform as I was already convinced being able to remain in Ligue 2 would be some kind of a miracle. I'm going to try and enhance my team the best as I can this time as not having any player with above 10 in jumping reach would probably end up being catastrophic in the physically strong league that Ligue 1 is.

Once more, you did an awesome job.

really amazing! did you start with Dom every match? when didyou switch to fob or boc?

Thanks for the feedback guys.

A hint on looking for WINGBACKS.

Search on 'can partially play' Midfield Left (or right for right wingback). Pump in your preferred attributes and go from their. You will find some players with ideal attributes for this role and lots of them. Mine have 0% familiarity for wingback role but so what? Just retrain them. Everything is attributes driven.

Unfortunately, I was fired, so I don't have the detailed info of the team anymore. I think my failures with this tactic set has less to do with the tactic and more to do with my inability to get in players for it. I suffered from a very low club reputation after subsequent promotions from Skirl North to League 2, I couldn't find any wing backs to suit the roles and I ended up paying for it. I'm sure my experiences are just an anomaly as compared to others.

Unfortunately thats the downside to jumping divisions so quickly with a low rep club, you just dont have the budget or rep to acquire the players need to achieve your goals most of the time. Your heart wants you to win every season, but really you should try and consolidate in a league before going up again. Hard to achieve when the tactic is so good at the lower levels before your team reaches the point it can't compete

Unfortunately thats the downside to jumping divisions so quickly with a low rep club, you just dont have the budget or rep to acquire the players need to achieve your goals most of the time. Your heart wants you to win every season, but really you should try and consolidate in a league before going up again. Hard to achieve when the tactic is so good at the lower levels before your team reaches the point it can't compete

I totally disagree with this assessment. You should always aim to win and gain promotion. The key for any under PL level really comes down to squad management: the most important having a key player that you can develop who can play in the first team and grow along the promotion ladder climb. 2nd is using loaned players, establishing parent clubs to get free loans can be very useful and cheap way to boost your squad. 3rd be on the lookout for free transfers sometimes you can find a gem. League 1 and below physical abilities are far more important then any other stats. A striker with high acc/pace low finish will score more then a high finish low acc/pace since League 1 below defenders are very very slow, a fast striker will get far more opportunities then his slower counterpart.

Having switched to DOM all round using FOB when going behind or being 3 up I agree with the above, producing more consistent results for my Preston team! Attempting to chase down wolves who are 6 points ahead of me and don't look like letting up which isn't a surprise looking at there team and resources. Over 10 points from 3rd so should secure the promotion this season then we will see how we cope in the championship. So far so good, happy with the tactic hopefully I can bring in a few players for next season that can get me to mid table (my personal aim)

really amazing! did you start with Dom every match? when didyou switch to fob or boc?
Except for the games I knew my team was way above the opposition level (ie : cup games against lower teams and friendlies for which I always pick the worst opposition available in order to build morale up), I've been consistently using DoM as a starter even if I was said to be odds-on favorite. The reason for it is FoB is a great tactics but it heavily relies on ball circulation and, due to the fact my midfielders are pretty poor technically speaking, I ended up losing the ball way too often, which led to my team being vulnerable. The other main point is my central defenders are terribly slow. The two main benefits from using DoM as my default tactics is being 3 in the back made it easier for my central defenders to cover the width of the pitch plus it was easier for my players to keep the ball by being less exposed to the opponent team closing up. It greatly improved my defensive side whilst not affecting my attacking potentiel that much.

My approach was then to play DoM as a starter for every league game and switch to FoB when I needed a little more punch upfront (ie: if no goal had been scored for any side after 60mins). I don't use the "DoM til 2-0 or 3-0 then FoB/BoC to nail the opponent down" as my defensive side is not secure enough to allow this approach without risking offering 3 goals to my opponent in a few minutes.

So, if i summarize :

- DoM at the beginning of every league game + switch to FoB when you need to score fast + Switch back to DoM when your team scores if you are not confident enough ;

- Classical approach when encountering lower league opponents (Start with FoB + switch to BoC at half time if you need to destroy your opponent)

I think this approach could prove efficient when your team doesn't fit these tactics at all, but I'm not sure there's any to start every game with DoM when you have the opportunity to build a team that suits this type of style.

OK, finished my first season in the Prem with my Tonbridge team.

03fWI82.png

Never in trouble.

I've starting bedding in a couple of Wingbacks I picked up in January, Need SS/DLF + GK + maybe 1 pacey CB and i'm done. Gunning for Europe next season.

£21m to spend :brock:

Probably revising my opinion on which tactic to start with when.

Unless strong home favourite I'm recommending starting with DOM and then changing up to FOB if you need to.

Like others have mentioend I agree with this.

In my Liverpool save looking at the league table whilst I am happy with the league posisiton I am not happy at the amount of goals being conceeded. Have now reverted to playing DOM unless heavy favourite. Then relying on FOB when neccesary.

Only a few matches played since making DOM my primary tactic but I seem to have kept a couple of clean sheets. Could be coincidence, time will tell.

Its helpful when you find 'Leading Stars' playing amateur football in Australian and get them for nothing :brock:

qrBjGjL.jpg

He should be a bad bay SS with those stats, need to work on his finishing but he's a Natural AMC so I can leave his training permanently on finishing. Should get it up to 14 or 15.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

A hint on looking for WINGBACKS.

Search on 'can partially play' Midfield Left (or right for right wingback). Pump in your preferred attributes and go from their. You will find some players with ideal attributes for this role and lots of them. Mine have 0% familiarity for wingback role but so what? Just retrain them. Everything is attributes driven.

How important are defensive attributes for the wing backs? I have a really good winger (Knockaert) who has dribbling, crossing, acceleration, technique but his tackling and heading is like <5 and he always seems to be the culprit for conceding goals ie. the attacks come down my right hand side.

Finally I am at the end of my first Skrill South Season with Whitehawk. Since my last update we just got better and better. After going out on a reply to Dartford in the cup replay, using DOM our record was p13 w 10 D3 l0 GF25 GA 12 and had just hit top spot..... and then we got the jitters.... we picked up only 7pts from the final 12 and were pipped at the post by Ebbsfleet. So play-offs and all the players were off form or injured but 2-1 on aggregate from the play-off and then a 1-0 win in the final although they had more shots and more possession and weve done it. DOM is definately the starting tactic but FOB and BOC have been needed, especially when we were 0-1 down in the 2nd leg play-off final, winning 2-1 aet.

No money so dont expect major signing for next seasons so hope DOM can get us up to mid-table.

How important are defensive attributes for the wing backs? I have a really good winger (Knockaert) who has dribbling, crossing, acceleration, technique but his tackling and heading is like <5 and he always seems to be the culprit for conceding goals ie. the attacks come down my right hand side.

Less than 5 is pushing it.

The better team you are relative to your division the more you can get away with very attacking wingbacks. Personally i'm looking for a minimum of 8 in those attributes.

OK, finished my first season in the Prem with my Tonbridge team.

03fWI82.png

Never in trouble.

I've starting bedding in a couple of Wingbacks I picked up in January, Need SS/DLF + GK + maybe 1 pacey CB and i'm done. Gunning for Europe next season.

£21m to spend :brock:

Good first season in the prem Mr. R!

Just started my 2nd season with Chelsea. All wins through preseason, the Community Shield and the first game of the season. I shipped out Eto'o (his contract expired), Ba, Marin and Moses, and brought in Diego Costa and Sergio Aguero (Man City finished 5th, so he asked for a transfer).

I've been using FOB almost exclusively so far, but have found I do seem to concede every game, so I will probably start using DOM more often.

strangely it seems to have stopped working for me. finished 3rd last season in championship, and lost in the play-offs, but this season i can't score and i'm conceding about 1.5 goals a game. nothing's changed at all, so no idea why it keeps happening.

CS is born to play the SS role and looks to be the best player for the AMC slot able to play both Artisan and Deep Poacher roles. As for BF I honestly would retrain him in the CWBR position since his tackling/positioning is kinda lacking. He is best suited for the Auxiliary Forward CWB role, great stats for that role. AR I would leave at Powerhouse striker role as his stats seems to fit that best. CS+AR strike partnership should be pretty good.

Edit: In hindsight BF also can do very well in the SS role as his SS stats are pretty similar to CS's but that 17 crossing feels like a waste in the AMC position. CS can also be played in the CWBR Auxiliary Forward role as well although his stats for that position arent as good as BF's. BF's stamina and natural fitness is also better then CS so he wont get as tired as quickly if he plays CWB compared to CS since the CWB run around a ton.

Thanks. Currently retraining BF to CWBR. Been playing AR as CWBL. He will never get a look in as a striker

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag7/danarlow90/JuanCarlosGalvaacuten_OverviewProfile-4_zpsa32080d4.png 44 league goals last season - no more to say!

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag7/danarlow90/GustavoBarboza_OverviewProfile_zpse1ba9c47.png

strangely it seems to have stopped working for me. finished 3rd last season in championship, and lost in the play-offs, but this season i can't score and i'm conceding about 1.5 goals a game. nothing's changed at all, so no idea why it keeps happening.

Ai managers don't 'learn' to counter tactics. This is nearly always a case of your teams reputation getting a boost.

When your team is low rep opponents come gunning for you with no fear leaving themselves open at the back for you to hit them.

After your 3rd place finish teams now fear you and will be much more cautious in there approach looking to hit you on the break.

If you have a strong squad you can overcome this by using FOB more.

However, more than likely using DOM last season caused you to perform well above expectations and you 'rep' is now higher than your squad merits.

This can leave you in 'no man's land' for a season or maybe 2 until you can strengthen your team enough to start blowing them away with FOB,

Ai managers don't 'learn' to counter tactics. This is nearly always a case of your teams reputation getting a boost.

When your team is low rep opponents come gunning for you with no fear leaving themselves open at the back for you to hit them.

After your 3rd place finish teams now fear you and will be much more cautious in there approach looking to hit you on the break.

If you have a strong squad you can overcome this by using FOB more.

However, more than likely using DOM last season caused you to perform well above expectations and you 'rep' is now higher than your squad merits.

This can leave you in 'no man's land' for a season or maybe 2 until you can strengthen your team enough to start blowing them away with FOB,

Think this is something that people need to get used, the days of promotion to the prem a top 6 finish followed by top 4 then title are pretty much gone. If you overachieve then you either need to invest hard which has its own problems or be ready to settle for a few seasons of the same sought of finished until you can invest enough, this can also cause problems if board expectations become to high. Think for this period of time that's where the FOB at home and DOM away might come in or FOB when favourite and DOM when underdog.

Kind of going through this myself with my Liverpool team, having won prem in first season using tube v2 i have switched to FOB first 7 games of season was outstanding conceded only 1 goal scored loads even had 38 shots and 14 ccc's in 1 game, then came a defeat and 4 draws (3 of which were 0-0) even switching to BOC mid game made no difference... Even with a media prediction of 4th i am struggling to kill teams off and most teams are "parking the bus" Have not used DOM once yet so maybe its time i did

Its helpful when you find 'Leading Stars' playing amateur football in Australian and get them for nothing :brock:

qrBjGjL.jpg

He should be a bad bay SS with those stats, need to work on his finishing but he's a Natural AMC so I can leave his training permanently on finishing. Should get it up to 14 or 15.

not bad but as i cant scout anywhere other than uk & ireland im stuck lol :lol:

I probably wasn't clear; I didn't use this tactic in my first two seasons where I won promotion. I changed when I got to L2. Also, it wasn't my heart that wanted me to win every season, it was my Board. :)

Mr Rosler, please forgive my ignorance but having looked through all of your tactics sets and the variations and tweaks by others, I find I am now unsure as to which are the bonafide Mr Rosler tactics and which of those are the most up to date ones that I should be now using. Kind regards.

Belay that, as you were! Just found the 'tidy' tactics thread. Apologies.

Mr Rosler, please forgive my ignorance but having looked through all of your tactics sets and the variations and tweaks by others, I find I am now unsure as to which are the bonafide Mr Rosler tactics and which of those are the most up to date ones that I should be now using. Kind regards.

Belay that, as you were! Just found the 'tidy' tactics thread. Apologies.

+the ones at the front of this thread are the originals and the ones i'm using

qrBjGjL.jpg

How on earth did you find him? The only amateurs I ever find are crap!

I went through the whole thread trying to locate the post where the differences between FOB and the overload tactic are explained in detail, but could not locate it. Can someone please point it to me if possible?

I am thinking about adding SS2 back as a 3rd tactic as it seems to be working better for me when underdog.

Except for the games I knew my team was way above the opposition level (ie : cup games against lower teams and friendlies for which I always pick the worst opposition available in order to build morale up), I've been consistently using DoM as a starter even if I was said to be odds-on favorite. The reason for it is FoB is a great tactics but it heavily relies on ball circulation and, due to the fact my midfielders are pretty poor technically speaking, I ended up losing the ball way too often, which led to my team being vulnerable. The other main point is my central defenders are terribly slow. The two main benefits from using DoM as my default tactics is being 3 in the back made it easier for my central defenders to cover the width of the pitch plus it was easier for my players to keep the ball by being less exposed to the opponent team closing up. It greatly improved my defensive side whilst not affecting my attacking potentiel that much.

My approach was then to play DoM as a starter for every league game and switch to FoB when I needed a little more punch upfront (ie: if no goal had been scored for any side after 60mins). I don't use the "DoM til 2-0 or 3-0 then FoB/BoC to nail the opponent down" as my defensive side is not secure enough to allow this approach without risking offering 3 goals to my opponent in a few minutes.

So, if i summarize :

- DoM at the beginning of every league game + switch to FoB when you need to score fast + Switch back to DoM when your team scores if you are not confident enough ;

- Classical approach when encountering lower league opponents (Start with FoB + switch to BoC at half time if you need to destroy your opponent)

I think this approach could prove efficient when your team doesn't fit these tactics at all, but I'm not sure there's any to start every game with DoM when you have the opportunity to build a team that suits this type of style.

Thanks, very helpful!

I went through the whole thread trying to locate the post where the differences between FOB and the overload tactic are explained in detail, but could not locate it. Can someone please point it to me if possible?

I am thinking about adding SS2 back as a 3rd tactic as it seems to be working better for me when underdog.

Its just Overload mentality, high tempo, more creative freedom, roam from positions.

Its just Overload mentality, high tempo, more creative freedom, roam from positions.

Thank you.

Let's just hope 14.3.1 (not out yet) is not going to completely mess this tactic up, although i could live with better finishing on my strikers and lees woodwork involved:))))

Revised my views again on when to use which tactic.

All teams start all games with DOM and use FOB as recovery tactic.

UNLESS

You are a Champions League team or equivalent (top 4 team in your division) in which case start all games with FOB and use DOM to protect a lead.

UNLESS

You are a Champions League team or equivalent (top 4 team in your division) in which case start all games with FOB and use DOM to protect a lead.

Must admit I've been doing this for a while now, with good success. Took on Man Utd in Champs League knockout first round, them as overwhelming favourites, thought I'd have a go at them with FOB and got a quick 3-0 lead, which I held on to for the rest of the tie!

Thought i would give you an update on season 2....

As of jan 1st i am sitting top of the league despite a poor run of form through November that saw me draw or lose too many games have stuck to my guns of mostly playing FOB (occasionally using BOC when losing)

ScreenShot2014-04-01at141842.png

destroyed my champs league group

ScreenShot2014-04-01at141951.png

now face PSG in knockout round (should be interesting)

This is my first choice team

ScreenShot2014-04-01at142039.png

Sturridge would be the main change i would make but i cant get Gabriel Barbosa to fire 5 starts 15 subs only 2 goals but nobody is really prolific this year, Suarez has 9 goals in 17, Sturridge 8 goals in 13, add to that most of my midfielders have 3 or 4 goals each WB's pretty much the same i am relatively happy......

Thanks for the update.

I've had a bit of 'season 2' syndrome myself, but have come thru the other side of it.

Keep us posted,

Not sure why it happens but it happens too often for it not to have a reason... Individual player form took a bit of dip just prior to team dip so maybe thats it little loss of confidence as well so i guess all little things add up to one big thing

I very rarely comment on these boards, but i have to say these tactics have completely transformed my season, since implementing them I have won 11 out of 12 games and have gone from Mid table in the championship to 2nd in the league with 3 games to go (Manager of Cardiff, currently in season 2 , having been sacked by the Mighty Tigers and on the leaving Leeds to takeover at Cardiff), Well done, like so many i appreciate and acknowledge the Hard work you put in.

I actually think I need to do an intermediate tactic for when DOM is not attacking enough but your team can't really handle FOB yet.

Should be pretty easy to do, I'll incorporate it into my Tonbridge save and when happy I'll add it to the set.

I actually think I need to do an intermediate tactic for when DOM is not attacking enough but your team can't really handle FOB yet.

Should be pretty easy to do, I'll incorporate it into my Tonbridge save and when happy I'll add it to the set.

that would be perfect i think.

Mr Rosler do you find that when playing a player in the WB role who is not accomplished in the role that they do not get into the more advanced positions?

Ive been retraining the player I posted earlier in the thred as a WB but he doesnt seem to get into any kind of attacking position, however when I bring on an accomplished WB they seem to be in more much advanced positions and getting oppertunities to score - although naturally rarely taking them!

Mr Rosler do you find that when playing a player in the WB role who is not accomplished in the role that they do not get into the more advanced positions?

Ive been retraining the player I posted earlier in the thred as a WB but he doesnt seem to get into any kind of attacking position, however when I bring on an accomplished WB they seem to be in more much advanced positions and getting oppertunities to score - although naturally rarely taking them!

'Decisions' is the only attribute affected when playing someone out of position so if your WB has low decisions attribute to start with it could have a bearing.

Both my wingbacks started out with 0% familiarity and they are still getting forward but I am expecting a bit more out of them when they are accomplished.

Out of interest zero to accomplished is looking like around 60 games for my guys.

They are both destined for 10 year careers with me so I don't mind the investment in time.

'Decisions' is the only attribute affected when playing someone out of position so if your WB has low decisions attribute to start with it could have a bearing.

Both my wingbacks started out with 0% familiarity and they are still getting forward but I am expecting a bit more out of them when they are accomplished.

Out of interest zero to accomplished is looking like around 60 games for my guys.

They are both destined for 10 year careers with me so I don't mind the investment in time.

Interesting. Decisions is 15 so shoudnt be an issue. He has been injured so maybe I just havent noticed it as such. Thanks for the response

Archived