Mr Hough The Beast Is Back Tactic Thread FM14

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
go to fmbase, there are much better tactics

I have to agree with him on this one. This is a pretty good tactic, better that for example Mr U Rosler's ORIGINAL Rainmaker & Silk and Steel combo in his first thread from December last year. The new Rainmaker v3 (in the combined arms approach thread) however is way superior to not only the previous Rainmakers but also to this tactic by a long shot. I started on Rainmaker/S&S for two seasons then more out of interest i switched to Mr Hough's the past other two seasons and done pretty well, slightly better than Rainmaker/S&S combo but been dumped when it came to any big challenges over two legs against big teams despite having a more than capable and integrated team and squad. That and also using either heavy tweaking or no tweaking.

This most recent season i've used Fulcrum v3 mainly and Silk & Steel v2 to tie up games and in the early part of the season for those big games and the results more than speak for themselves. No longer letting in half as many goals (compared to both, not sure which most) and a i can also stand my ground against teams i should be equal to on a consistent basis. It's by no means a cure all and Mr U Rosler even says you should tweak your tactics to suit your team and yourself. Imo i don't want a cure all, i've had one in all the versions of CM then after the split when Eidos committed Football Game Management suicide when i eventually switched to FM for every game. This leads to the same thing every year. In the previous two versions for example (FM12/13) i've had one of my own making and another slightly adapted from someone else's tactic and you just end up winning everything all the time. FM12 was EPL 20 odd times in a row and all the rest including C/L for at least 10-15. FM13 was pretty much as bad and only wasn't as i didn't continue the game for as long as i did the FM12 one.

Tbqh it's fun to get to that stage now and again. Just looking at your continuous run of wins and seeing all the player of the month/year, world player of the year etc basically all player awards having your players in spots 1,2 and 3. You having two of the three top league scorers always from your team etc. I've even had on many occasions my whole team in the EPL team of the year and at least 3/4 of it in the world team of the year on many occasions. It's more than worth it for the thrill but it gets sooooooo boring and all the challenge and fun is taken out of it. It's similar to real life when your team is winning week in week out for longer than one season. It starts to get a bit stupid and an awful lot less interesting but having it at that stage just to see and feel what it is like is more than worth it once, or every now and again.

P.S. To all of you who have finally managed to realise what a bunch of impatient, ungracious and most of all unappreciative fools you've been by constantly pestering the poor guy; well done. *slowly claps while shaking head*

er, if you read the first line of dirty harrys post he clearly states that.

Thanks dude, ^5. Meant i didn't have to wake up to an annoyance this morning and set people straight, it's ****ing annoying lol.

That'll teach me for reading it at 6.30 :p post removed.

And don't worry about it dude, happens to all of us.

DAVE:

Sorry mate been so so busy, I have no plans at all I'm afraid I'm just so snowed under with work I hardly get to play anymore mate

Hi mate , if you find a time , can you learn from Mr. Hough , when will the tactic release?

I'm affraid you can wait for a very long time as Mr. Hough announced that he doesn't have the time anymore so this thread's dead.

He did not say "he doesnt have the time anymore" he SAID - I don't have time right now as im really busy. Right now and Does not are 2 different words :p

the original tactic is easily the best one on this forum. I'm still on my spurs save and just destroying everyone.

Not sure how it works out at lower league level. I think that has to be my next port of call now as its just too good in the premier league with thfc

the original tactic is easily the best one on this forum. I'm still on my spurs save and just destroying everyone.

Not sure how it works out at lower league level. I think that has to be my next port of call now as its just too good in the premier league with thfc

You mean on the 14.3-patch? I play most of the time lower league-football, well, there, for me, it's not working anymore. Which is a shame as it gave me promotion to the Premier League with Barnsley in my first season. Afterwards it kept me on winning tracks in the Premier League until that bloody patch came out, it lost it's effectiveness right away seeing me losing ALL my games until I've got the sack just before the end of the season. From 11th to 19th on three months time.

Afterwards I did tests with Exeter City and Portsmouth in the lower leagues, both times I couldn't achieve anything with it... :(

Playing with this tactic at FC Andorra in the Regional Division in Spain. After 9 games i've got 13 points. Prediction is Champion.

At home i've got 1 point so far. One draw and 4 lose. Away i've won al the 4 games.

At home the problem is scoring the goals.

well ever since the new patch nothing has really worked and its not long till i just quit fm for good because as things stand i wont be buying the next fm its to much for me its not enjoyable anymore, mr hough has assisted me in the past with his tactics making this game fun but now i feel that we have to change things all the time and it takes to long and u could do all these changes and they would all be for nothing aswell, people have opinions and mine is this is getting to realistic its taking the fun out of it. its game after all and the fact the ME still does pathetic stupid things that in real life people dont do. thanks mr hough for the tactics in the past UTB.

well ever since the new patch nothing has really worked and its not long till i just quit fm for good because as things stand i wont be buying the next fm its to much for me its not enjoyable anymore, mr hough has assisted me in the past with his tactics making this game fun but now i feel that we have to change things all the time and it takes to long and u could do all these changes and they would all be for nothing aswell, people have opinions and mine is this is getting to realistic its taking the fun out of it. its game after all and the fact the ME still does pathetic stupid things that in real life people dont do. thanks mr hough for the tactics in the past UTB.

True... :(

Your not the only one feeling like this... I am not enjoying FM anywhere near to what I have done in previous versions, the constant updates rendering tactics useless is, to put it politely, annoying! I've had every incarnation of FM/CM since it was first released and this is the first time that I feel maybe it is time to "retire" from playing the game. I used to be able to play all day, enjoying almost every minute, looking forward to playing the game after work and then realising its the early hours the next day and I should really get to bed. Nowadays with FM14 that feeling does not exist. :(

Respectfully disagree..

Im still playing old CM3 and 99/00 00 /01 versions cause its fun, however it reached a point a few years back. Where it was too much buy one player (Tsigalko) and regardless anything he would score 50 goals in a season. Then the stupid Download and use on ANY team tactics. So you could murder any team with a piece of crap.

Now Im not saying FM14 is perfect, I rip my hair when some the stupid stuff occurs, but the fact that there is patches demanding more of us a managers to figure out a way to win. Is a damn fine way to get a real feel for what its like to manage a club.

SI is on the right track finally with this game, and if they didnt make tuff patches. I could not keep playing this game more than a month after release, due to to easy downloading one tac, try it with a Top Team, a Medium and do it with a crap team build ur dynasty who is raping everything in 2025.

This is a true challenge for real managers, the opponents gets better and figure your tactics out. Find a playstyle build and buy the players that fit it. Make 2-3 diffrent versions of the tactic, cause you dont play Stoke the same way you play Crystal Palace or Man United do you ?

As frustrating and as challenging it is to figure out how to win in this game, I applaud that this game no longer is a one tactic to beat the game engine kind of game. And when that happends they patch and change for us to think in new ways.

Mr Houghs tacs and the Rainmaker and SS tacs on this forums both work great with any team in patch 14.3, if you make adjustments accordingly or change ur team so it fits them, and keep the Engine / opponent guessing.

I feel sorry for those people in here screaming for one " Plug I dont have to think and play " Tactic begging for some people making the ultimate tactic. Instead of taking what they figured out add your own to it, and build a good team.

This game is called MANAGER for a reason.

Too much loser whine in this thread.

OT:

Great tactics MR H, and thanks to those who added feedback.

Respectfully disagree..

Im still playing old CM3 and 99/00 00 /01 versions cause its fun, however it reached a point a few years back. Where it was too much buy one player (Tsigalko) and regardless anything he would score 50 goals in a season. Then the stupid Download and use on ANY team tactics. So you could murder any team with a piece of crap.

Now Im not saying FM14 is perfect, I rip my hair when some the stupid stuff occurs, but the fact that there is patches demanding more of us a managers to figure out a way to win. Is a damn fine way to get a real feel for what its like to manage a club.

SI is on the right track finally with this game, and if they didnt make tuff patches. I could not keep playing this game more than a month after release, due to to easy downloading one tac, try it with a Top Team, a Medium and do it with a crap team build ur dynasty who is raping everything in 2025.

This is a true challenge for real managers, the opponents gets better and figure your tactics out. Find a playstyle build and buy the players that fit it. Make 2-3 diffrent versions of the tactic, cause you dont play Stoke the same way you play Crystal Palace or Man United do you ?

As frustrating and as challenging it is to figure out how to win in this game, I applaud that this game no longer is a one tactic to beat the game engine kind of game. And when that happends they patch and change for us to think in new ways.

Mr Houghs tacs and the Rainmaker and SS tacs on this forums both work great with any team in patch 14.3, if you make adjustments accordingly or change ur team so it fits them, and keep the Engine / opponent guessing.

I feel sorry for those people in here screaming for one " Plug I dont have to think and play " Tactic begging for some people making the ultimate tactic. Instead of taking what they figured out add your own to it, and build a good team.

This game is called MANAGER for a reason.

Too much loser whine in this thread.

OT:

Great tactics MR H, and thanks to those who added feedback.

i accept what your saying and i did write a long reply haha but it would be going off topic to much, the games not fun for me anymore and i respect peoples own opinions aswell. mr hough will always be a legend.

I've been a fan of mr. Hough his tactics since the beginning, and they never disappointed me. This tactic, with the adjustment of summerboy77, is working brilliantly for me at the moment. Mark Hughes got fired and Stoke City offered me the managers job. I started half way the season, with an away game against Hull (0-1 win). See the screenshot for the results so far. I obviously didn't get any new players yet so it's the standard material I'm dealing with. Only had to fill in the staff.

2mpc1gh.jpg

Archived