Mr Hough The Beast Is Back Tactic Thread FM14

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking this tactic with summerboy77's tweeks, thanks.

I have a question though, what do people do when they're leading in a tight game & want to shut up shop?

also does anyone ever change mentality if they are playing away & are underdogs?

All i did to fix this tactic for 14.3 is just 2 clicks in command instructions: 1 - "lower tempo" instead of "higher tempo" in original and 2 - added "be more expressive" and now it works perfect, sometimes looks even better than original in 14.2.2

Both changes made to prevent my players from stupid overrush shooting and missing the goal, giving them enough time and freedom to move closer to gate and prepare better same time.

But yes, im still waiting for a new version of this tactic from a Legend, just doubt its gunna be the same flat 442.

This is how you mean right? because so far its not working for me :o

rt5_zps5fb9f5b0.jpg

Tactics is good, even very but what to do to the players to take advantage of more situations hundred rates? I have very often after 6-7 such situations and not shoot a rival one situation, goal and I lose ...

• 1 month later...

Just got back into FM after 2 years away from it. I used Mr Hough's tactics in the past and they worked really well for me. I do like this tactic but I'm really struggling to get my strikers scoring on a consistent basis. Most games I just win 1 goal. I tried summer boy's tweaks and I'm still struggling for goals. I'm in my third season with Newcastle United and and I've only won by 3 or 4 goals about half a dozen times in 3 seasons. My team has never scored 5 or more in a game.

Has anybody else experienced this issue?

Maybe I'm just used to the FM of old where you could destroy certain teams on a consistent basis.

mr houghs other tactic works well for me but had to change from control to counter i just use that all the time

I'll give this a try and see if my strikers start improving. The strikers are consistently going through 10 hours of not scoring goals. Its really frustrating.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived