Mr Hough The Beast Is Back Tactic Thread FM14

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hope its coming soon this new patch is killing my game, i won everything there is to win with the tactic posted here with newcastle 3 seasons in a row now i cant even win a friendly

He just started working again today so i geuss it will take longer than community expect.

Dave:

I haven't been able to snowed under with work, tad the defence that I am having issues with from the fullback and through balls once that is sorted it'll be top notch

Sorry for the delay

All i did to fix this tactic for 14.3 is just 2 clicks in command instructions: 1 - "lower tempo" instead of "higher tempo" in original and 2 - added "be more expressive" and now it works perfect, sometimes looks even better than original in 14.2.2

Both changes made to prevent my players from stupid overrush shooting and missing the goal, giving them enough time and freedom to move closer to gate and prepare better same time.

But yes, im still waiting for a new version of this tactic from a Legend, just doubt its gunna be the same flat 442.

All i did to fix this tactic for 14.3 is just 2 clicks in command instructions: 1 - "lower tempo" instead of "higher tempo" in original and 2 - added "be more expressive" and now it works perfect, sometimes looks even better than original in 14.2.2

Both changes made to prevent my players from stupid overrush shooting and missing the goal, giving them enough time and freedom to move closer to gate and prepare better same time.

But yes, im still waiting for a new version of this tactic from a Legend, just doubt its gunna be the same flat 442.

It works like a charm !

WOW, that tweak works perfectly for me :applause:

The tweak from Summerboy77 still works very very good for me. Lot of CCC and beautiful play.

But after the corner bug on patch 14.2, the "strikers can't score alone in front of goals" bug on this patch is aweful...

I'm testing right now the tweaks suggested by summerboy77 in my Barnsley-save. Hope it works as I had to put it on hold due to the new patch which made that the tactic lost a lot of it strength.

Just a quick question, is the 14.3 update the final one for FM14? I know SI has a tradition about bringing out the final patch together with the winter transfer-update but I feel this game isn't a finished product as the ME isn't 100% ok.

*edit* First game with summerboy77's tweaks was at home against West Ham. I have to say I'm impressed, I've got a 1-0 victory thanks to a James Tomkins first half own goal. The only thing that annoys me (nothing to do with the tactic) is the fact that my strikers can't score a ccc anymore.

Anyway, my full backs got +7 ratings so as far as I'm concerned (after only one game of course ;) ) is that both tweaks of summerboy77 are very effective. In this game my defense was rock solid, quite a performance when you know that my defenders are Scott Wiseman on RB, Peter Ramage and Lewin Nyatange in the centre of defence and Paul Dummett as my LB.

I continue tomorrow-morning on my Barnsley-save, hopefully it goes the same way all the end (like the original tactic before).

Great tip summerboy77, thx a lot!

I'm testing right now the tweaks suggested by summerboy77 in my Barnsley-save. Hope it works as I had to put it on hold due to the new patch which made that the tactic lost a lot of it strength.

Just a quick question, is the 14.3 update the final one for FM14? I know SI has a tradition about bringing out the final patch together with the winter transfer-update but I feel this game isn't a finished product as the ME isn't 100% ok.

*edit* First game with summerboy77's tweaks was at home against West Ham. I have to say I'm impressed, I've got a 1-0 victory thanks to a James Tomkins first half own goal. The only thing that annoys me (nothing to do with the tactic) is the fact that my strikers can't score a ccc anymore.

Anyway, my full backs got +7 ratings so as far as I'm concerned (after only one game of course ;) ) is that both tweaks of summerboy77 are very effective. In this game my defense was rock solid, quite a performance when you know that my defenders are Scott Wiseman on RB, Peter Ramage and Lewin Nyatange in the centre of defence and Paul Dummett as my LB.

I continue tomorrow-morning on my Barnsley-save, hopefully it goes the same way all the end (like the original tactic before).

Great tip summerboy77, thx a lot!

How strange my first game with this tweak resulted in the same result a convincing win 1 -0 from an own goal !

First of all, thanks for feedback guys. but, i have to say i dont pretend these tips r good enough to work great for every team and everyone in general. Its just does the stuff for my team im currently playing and surely im not going to dig deeper in this tactic tweaking cause its not mine. at least , not in this thread. just glad to see it came in handy for some of u guys. Btw, im still pretty sure that 3.1 or even 3.2 coming soon enough. And knowing how much time it takes to create a really good tactic, i wouldnt wait anything from MrHough soon enough.

Working well for me unbeaten in last 5 matches...Thanks!

Just started using this tactic as my other tactic has gone to pot after the update. I loved Mr Hough's tactics from other versions of FM and decided to try a trusted Tactic creator. I changed the tactic slightly by going with Attacking, fluid and changing a couple of match instructions. Lower tempo, work ball into the box and be more expressive.

Seems to improve results though I do seem to concede a goal in 1st 5 mins but at the mo I come back to win.

Just started using this tactic as my other tactic has gone to pot after the update. I loved Mr Hough's tactics from other versions of FM and decided to try a trusted Tactic creator. I changed the tactic slightly by going with Attacking, fluid and changing a couple of match instructions. Lower tempo, work ball into the box and be more expressive.

Seems to improve results though I do seem to concede a goal in 1st 5 mins but at the mo I come back to win.

this turned my season round i was losing loads now ive used this for 8 in a row and won every one with newcastle

Archived